UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 05-26-2016, 01:35 AM   #1
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Jellicent UPN PASBL: Connor (C) vs. KamenAeons (O)

Connor (C) vs. KamenAeons (O)
4 vs. 4
Singles
Slapstick
Equiall 6
Switch = KO
Strict Week DQ
Meteor Falls: An impressive cave dotted with meteor craters with a series of cascades within. The main chamber of this cave consists of a number of fairly gradual drops, plateauing in the middle, where the battlers start. The center platform is bordered by a pool of water that cascades into falls one one side, fed by a waterfall above. A sturdy wooden bridge connects the platform to the cave exit on the other side. On the other side, there is a series of slippery, sandy cliffs that can be easily ridden down but are hard to scale due to their rather slick nature, though a series of stairs to their right can be used to climb back up.

Good luck to both sides, don't hesitate to ask any questions

PASBL Squad l C+ Grade Ref l Grass Gym Trainer

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Well I don't know I wanted to deal damage and Starmie is inorganic :X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Starmie is a starfish, it is not inorganic :p
Quote:
Kush I'm TL1. How am I supposed to know things if you don't tell me them?
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Eliteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 05:35 AM   #2
Connor
Who Knows?

Kamen since I have literally none can we go without Sigs for this match?
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 06:45 AM   #3
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Booooooo fine. I want my items though.

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.
3DS FC: 1607 2923 7949

The Kamen Fleet (TL5 / A- Grade Referee) | Cameron Kalmia: Viridian's Maskmaker
Hizumi Yukikaze: Emerald Breeze~ | Tokikou Nobuyuki: Time Mage
Ludger Bullenaar: Bastion of Raji City | Helena Levinton: Violet Stitching
Shizuya Kasen: SHSL Armourer

Waifu Squadron and Explorers | Cavern of Chaotic Creativity

Paradise lies beyond the horizon, challenge it because it is unreachable.
Speak of the absolute territory, and grasp it with your hands.

SAAVE ME

FLOOF AND MOFUMOFU JUSTICE! *WHACK*

"Quit poking my face! >_<"
"Ahahaha, you'll never get rid of this! *hiss*"

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

"That was a terrible idea. But holy carp, this tastes pretty nice."

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Love burns brightly for one and all.

Please don't diss idols or fluffy things in my presence.
KamenAeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:09 AM   #4
Connor
Who Knows?

Cheers for the match and refereeing.

Level 7

Del Boy: Male Gengar
Gengar: Unlike its preevolutions, Gengar are primarily solid, though they are able to freely achieve all of the other states. A Gengar's Lick attack has a 50% chance to paralyze, instead of the usual 30%. Gengar can levitate and are fast and agile in the air.
Biography: Under Construction
No Signature Move
Hidden Power: Bug

Level 6

Judal: Male Absol
Absol: Due to their ability to predict disasters, Absol have a faster reaction time to large-scale attacks such as Earthquake and Blast Burn. This does not guarantee escape but increases the odds of dodging. Absol are considered symbols of woe amongst Pokémon and people, particularly when seen at night, so they may make opponents feel uneasy. Due to having a wide variety of energy available, it is less proficient at maximising the use, resulting in suffering from slightly less type energy.
No Signature Move
Hidden Power: Ground

Lycan: Female Poliwrath
Poliwrath: Poliwrath are the best and fastest swimmers of all the Poliwag family, but are just as adept on land as they are in the water. They secrete a sort of slime when out of the water, which makes them more slippery and harder to grab.
No Signature Move
Hidden Power: Steel

Monica: Female Wigglytuff
Wigglytuff: Wigglytuff can inflate themselves as a move to intimidate opponents, making them more hesitant to attack. While inflated, they have a harder time moving, but a moderately higher defense. Despite their lack of agility in this inflated state, they can float in to the air at a steady pace. Their Sing attack is more effective, requiring less be sung to put an opponent to sleep. Wigglytuff have more sensitive hearing, at the expense of being more vulnerable to sound-based status techniques like Supersonic.
No Signature Move

Vanea: Genderless Porygon-Z
Porygon-Z: Porygon-Z are created entirely of programming code. Due to data corruption, they have slightly higher offences than other Pokémon at the cost of lower defences. Porygon-Z are also capable of separating their heads and moving independently of their body (including full 360-degree rotation without having to turn), but the head cannot go beyond or be forced more than half a foot away from its body.They levitate by default, their sleek design and advanced technology making them faster and more agile most levitating Pokémon. They are inorganic and fight most enthusiastically in man made environments. They are familiar with the Electric type.
No Signature Move
Hidden Power: Fairy

Mine: Female Altaria
Altaria: Altaria's song-based attacks are slightly more effective than normal. On a cloudy day, Altaria can be sightly difficult to see in the air. They are strong fliers and surprisingly fast. In its Mega Forme, Altaria becomes a beautiful fairy, now Dragon/Fairy type. Despite losing its Flying type, they are still strong fliers, but may now also float in addition to their flight capabilities, able to both levitate and fly. The large fluffy clouds surrounding its body give it a slight boost to its defenses. In addition, when performing XX or NO moves, they may choose to cloak them in an aura of Fairy energy, causing them to become Fairy typed.
No Signature Move
Hidden Power: Fighting
Attached: Altarianite
Old 05-26-2016, 10:13 AM   #5
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

I should probably invest in more Mega Stones or something.

Arthur: Male Skarmory
Skarmory (Steel/Flying): Skarmory are used to living in harsh environments so piercing or scratching attacks do less damage than normal against them. Their wings also provide slight resistance against physical attacks when tucked at their side. The undersides of their wings are sharp, granting them a 1.2x boost if used to attack.
Hidden Power: Water

Wo-kyuu: Female Octillery [Uplevel]
(Notes: Monochromatic colour scheme, predominately white, with varying shades of black and grey. Eyes are blue with wisps extending from them.)
Octillery (Water): Octillery have suction cups on their tentacles, which can be used to hold fast to certain surfaces. Thus, if the opponent uses attacks dependent on Octillery’s weight, Octillery are considered to weigh 200 pounds for the duration of the attack, provided they are touching something they can hold on to. Octillery are fastest in water, though they can move somewhat well on land. They have excellent accuracy and their attacks have a greater chance of hitting. They can see in the dark. Due to having a wide variety of energy available, it is less proficient at maximising the use, resulting in suffering from slightly less type energy.

Hidden Power: Flying

Amatsukaze: Female Togekiss
Togekiss (Fairy/Flying): Despite their appearance, they are fast and agile fliers. Togekiss are also capable of minimal levitation, allowing them greater stability. Togekiss can be trained only by trainers that make them happy, so Return is more powerful when used by one. They are incredibly chirpy and enthusiastic Pokemon, and will entrance opponents more readily when using attacks like Charm and Sweet Kiss, being significantly more potent. These moves will also function better in Contests when used by Togekiss.

Wendy: Male Alakazam
Alakazam (Psychic): Alakazam emit special alpha waves as a by-product of its psychic abilities. These waves induce headaches and will disrupt the concentration of Pokémon within 5 feet of it. Alakazam's telekinetic abilities allow it to lift Pokémon twice as heavy as normal for no increased energy cost. An Alakazam has one of the most acute minds amongst Pokémon, with the exception of some legendaries. Thus, they are difficult to deceive or outwit and any mentally effecting attack will be less effective and less likely to succeed against one. They are also more resistant (but not completely immune) to sleep-inducing attacks. Alakazam can see in the dark.
Hidden Power: Flying
Attached Badge: Spirit Badge

Quote:
This badge represents the discipline and training necessary to triumph over Apollo in combat. The burning heart symbolizes the passion with which a trainer must battle.
Badge Effect: Fighting Spirit
The wearer of this badge is exhilarated by the thrill of the fight and recovers mild energy every other time he or she deals damage with a physical attack. The wearer also receives a slight boost to physical attack and defense, as if permanently under the effects of Bulk Up.
KOS-MOS: Genderless Metagross
Metagross (Steel/Psychic): Large and bulky, Metagross now prefer to walk than to levitate. They can levitate but are slower than their pevious forms, with a lower flight ceiling. They are inorganic. Metagross are extremely intelligent and are more difficult to confuse or trick than normal.
Hidden Power: Fire

Kokoro: Female Marowak

Marowak (Ground): A Marowak's face is covered by a skull, which it will not remove willingly. Marowak may not use its respective bone attacks if it is not holding its bone but to compensate attack using their bone will deal x1.2 damage due to the hardness of the weapon. Marowak are skilled and aggressive combatants, and will tire slightly slower than other Pokemon as a consequence. Its Skull Bash attack takes slightly less energy than normal to use. Marowak can see in the dark.
Hidden Power: Grass

Erm... Wendy.

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 05-26-2016, 11:55 AM   #6
Connor
Who Knows?

Monica.

Begin by hurling a Hyper Voice, and then strafe as you serenade with a Disarming Voice.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:46 PM   #7
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Start with a Light Screen, then charge through the Disarming Voice to deliver an Iron Hip Tail, hoping to knock her over or even pin.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 05-27-2016, 10:46 PM   #8
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 1:

Before i start i would like to warn you both that i have an exam next wednesday and might have a mini TA, but most likely will not need to

-----

Welcome all to meteor falls, the massive cave littered with craters everywhere the waterfall creating a calm but not quiet atmosphere over head lunatone and solrock float observing every so often a Bagon pops its head out of a room high above. However neither of the two trainers notice the pokemon. All they notice is eachother. Their eyes lock and the two send out their first pokemon.

From Connor Monica the Wigglytuff
Quote:
Wigglytuff (Normal/Fairy): Wigglytuff can inflate themselves as a move to intimidate opponents, making them more hesitant to attack. While inflated, they have a harder time moving, but a moderately higher defense. Despite their lack of agility in this inflated state, they can float in to the air at a steady pace. Their Sing attack is more effective, requiring less be sung to put an opponent to sleep. Wigglytuff have more sensitive hearing, at the expense of being more vulnerable to sound-based status techniques like Supersonic.

[Normal]: Normal-type Pokémon are able to use support moves to greater effect than other Pokémon, with them being performed slightly quicker and being slightly more potent. Being beings of great balance, they benefit more from the positive effects of weather and other arena affecting moves, but will not suffer as badly from the negative effects. In the ASB, Normal-types take resisted damage from the damaging effects of Ghost-type energy.

[Fairy]: Fairy-types are generally pure hearted and gregarious. They prefer natural environments and will fight more enthusiastically in them, but they will not be off put by urban environments. Any attack used by a Fairy-type which manipulates the environment is slightly more effective owing to the magical energies involved and attacks which boost allied Pokémon is slightly more effective at providing a buff. They are immune to the damaging effects of Dragon-typed energy.
From Kamen, Wendy the Alakazam!

Quote:
Alakazam (Psychic): Alakazam emit special alpha waves as a by-product of its psychic abilities. These waves induce headaches and will disrupt the concentration of Pokémon within 5 feet of it. Alakazam's telekinetic abilities allow it to lift Pokémon twice as heavy as normal for no increased energy cost. An Alakazam has one of the most acute minds amongst Pokémon, with the exception of some legendaries. Thus, they are difficult to deceive or outwit and any mentally effecting attack will be less effective and less likely to succeed against one. They are also more resistant (but not completely immune) to sleep-inducing attacks. Alakazam can see in the dark.

[Psychic]: Psychic-type Pokémon are much more proficient with telekinesis than other Pokémon. Thus, they can use Psychic to move and manipulate targets with ease. Psychic type Pokémon are resistant to flinching, having higher levels of focus and concentration than other Pokémon. They are resistant to attacks which induce confusion or other mental effects. They have limited ability to read minds and are thus more adept at dodging attacks than might be expected and able to mitigate the effects of accuracy reducing attacks. This extends to GMs, where they will have a slightly better impression of Pokemon within their vicinity. Their Psychic support moves (such as Gravity and Magic Room) cost slightly less energy.
Wendy and Monica face each other, the referee blows hi whistle and the two jump into action! Monica making the first move letting out a massive wail the volumes of which one would only enjoy if they are listening to their favourite song. The sound waves strike into Wendy whom looks annoyed at the pitch of the Wigglytuff's singing. Gathering Psychic energy she erects a pale yellow shield in front of her, the light screen will be able to block her from incoming special attacks from the Wigglytuff. Both look upon each other noting the others first moves knowing that this will not be a battle won easily...

Monica once again makes the first move attempting to serenade Wendy with the sound of her voice. The Disarming resemblance to Steven Tyler is heard echoing throughout to the tune of Dude looks like a Lady. Wendy unhappy with the song choice charges forwards her hip coating itself with steel energy the steel energy cutting through some of the sound waves allowing the Alakazam to striking into Monica sending her backwards into the wall behind her. The two look at each other once again standing roughly 6 feet apart. Monica's back is against the wall, with the light screen blocking her foe.

Summary:
Both took damage, sitting near halfway through the first third. Neither having a lead over the other. Wendy used a 3rd of her steel energy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:29 AM   #9
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

EK, did the Light Screen block any of the attacks coming in at all? From the wording, it appears it hasn't.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 05-28-2016, 12:31 AM   #10
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

I interpreted it as having to move out of the way for went to use iron tail/hip which is why it hadn't blocked the attack

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 05-28-2016, 02:30 AM   #11
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Would it have been reasonable to have the screen still be in front of Wendy? By your wording, you seem to have made Wendy run backwards with the hip facing Monica, which by any means sounds ridiculous for something not physically adept.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 05-28-2016, 10:11 PM   #12
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

The screen would have to move out of the way in order to deal a physical blow, so the screen would move out of the way in order to preform the attack as Wendy charges towards Monica.

Does that make more sense?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 05-29-2016, 08:39 AM   #13
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Not really, since you appear to have had them start off relatively spaced out. Light Screen is a defensive measure, so interpreting it as moving out of the way as the user tries to get within range makes using it all for naught.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 05-29-2016, 01:39 PM   #14
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Ok fair reasoning, I will have light screen absorb some damage will post an updated summary in a couple minutes

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 05-29-2016, 02:15 PM   #15
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Ok so Wendy now holds a small health lead. Light screen took a small hit but no cracks have yet to appear

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 05-29-2016, 05:45 PM   #16
Connor
Who Knows?

Why would Light Screen absorb any of the attack when his explicit ordering was to charge through the Disarming Voice with Iron Tail? I don't disagree with Kamen's reasoning but this is ultimately ignoring what he actually ordered.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:35 AM   #17
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Connor, I never actually ordered to use Iron Tail while charging into the Disarming Voice, I dunno what you're on.

My orders were to have Wendy charge through the Disarming Voice to deliver a Iron Hip Tail, not charge through with / using Iron Hip Tail.

Alakazam are also explicitly stated to be intelligent, so without having to mention it, you'd think Wendy is smart enough to try minimise incoming damage by charging in with Light Screen in front of him, then use Iron Tail once close enough.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 05-30-2016, 11:25 AM   #18
Connor
Who Knows?

I think that is grossly overstepping the bounds of Pokemon intelligence but okay, I'd rather not have this battle descend into contentions over every other round. As bad a precedent as I think it is to step let's just continue.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:52 PM   #19
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

I agree with Connor, lets continue.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:54 PM   #20
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Disappointed that you're allowing this to become precedent. Peeved, even. But you don't care, so.

Mega Kick into Psybeam, get some distance between you two.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 05-31-2016, 06:42 AM   #21
Connor
Who Knows?

I thought I was being super clever considering using Punishment but ... it is not a good move haha.

Feint Attack after his Mega Kick, make sure to smash that screen. Shadow Ball.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:00 PM   #22
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 2:

Wendy shifts her light screen to the side in order to strike at her foe. Channelling energy into her leg she closes the small gap delivering a mega kick to Monica's face. Monica subsequently collapses to the ground not moving at all Wendy shifting her light screen back in front of her approaches her foe she knows her foe shouldn't be knocked out yet worried about her foe she doesn't notice Monica's right hand changing to a blackish colour suddenly the Wigglytuff jumps into action standing up and pushing herself through the screen right into Wendy whom is knocked back by the force of the attack.

Wendy realising she has been tricked the the feint of her foe backs up while launching a Psybeam at Monica the psychic energy appearing in a variety of colours flies through the air striking Monica whom is walking towards Wendy whom is on the narrow bridge. The beam doesn't push Monica back as she gathers ghostly energy sending the shadow ball at the Alakazam the ghastly ball explodes on contact with Wendy's spoon unleashing the splash wind held inside which causes Wendy to cry out in pain.

Summary:
Wendy took a large hit dropping into the second third. Monica sitting at the end of the first third. Both good for two. Monica's ghost is at half, dark is at a third used.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:47 PM   #23
Connor
Who Knows?

Wigglytuff has so many options it is a nightmare figuring out what to actually use.

Hyper Voice as you try to maintain some sort of distance. Play Rough if they come in close.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:10 PM   #24
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Psywave through the Hyper Voice, moving towards them but not close enough for melee. Confide shortly after.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 06-08-2016, 06:24 PM   #25
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 3:

Monica and Wendy face each other. The two starting to separate in terms of health more and more as the match goes on. Both move at the same time with their attacks. Monica screaming at the top of her lungs belts out Guns N Roses' Nightrain, the high pitched vocals hurting Wendy's ears as she sends off five rings of psychic energy, the rings coming in fairly quick frequency the waves colliding with Monica slightly disorienting her.

Monica trying to catch her bearings from the psywaves mental disorientation caused by Wendy sees the Alakazam approaching, Monica still disoriented begins to go closer to Wendy in order to play rough with her foe. However Wendy Confides a secret with her foe stopping Monica's attack aswell as lowering the Wigglytuff's Special attack stat.

Summary:
Wendy took a hit dropping below the midpoint. Monica is approaching the midpoint. Monica is good for two. Wendy is showing signs of tiring.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.

Last edited by Eliteknight; 06-08-2016 at 11:21 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL