UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2016, 10:23 PM   #51
Zelphon
Happy October
 
Zelphon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: A Broken Mind
Posts: 2,146
Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
If I ever both get a computer and Overwatch I shall become a Bastion main.

That way I can both harvest an endless supply of salt and get play of the game evury time.
__________________
Life, but a series of paths and flows
Down many one can go
May yours run smoothly and be soft to your feet

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:03 PM   #52
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,087
I probably would do the same, there is a reason i mained meta knight in brawl
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 12:12 AM   #53
Blastoise
We deny our creators.
 
Blastoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Reduces construction time
Posts: 2,608
Mauler5150#1372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
If I ever both get a computer and Overwatch I shall become a Bastion main.

That way I can both harvest an endless supply of salt and get play of the game evury time.
I think that dream may be beyond you unless you get a new computer in the next month or so.

Also, I find myself liking Soldier 76 a lot even if he is kind of vanilla, since his kit is strong and versatile enough that you're rarely in a position where you have absolutely no options. This may or may not also be due to the fact that every weeb and 13 year-old on the server autolocks flankers like Genji and Reaper as soon as the round starts, though.
__________________
Blastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 02:01 AM   #54
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,482
Had an absolutely terrible night. First time I actually got pissed off with this game... I've been doing just fine for nearly two weeks.

I'm not even sure how many games I played tonight. Too many to count. But it was fucking terrible... game after game was a loss. I know the old saying - if you smell shit everywhere you go, maybe you should check your own shoes. I'll be the first to admit that when I'm playing LoL, we suck because I suck. But that's the worst part... I only performed badly in maybe four or five games total. The rest I actually performed pretty damn well in! Because I'm not shit at Overwatch. And it didn't matter. I kept consistently getting teammates who didn't want to defend the objective or didn't stand in the point. God that's the fucking worst. Hey, instead of fighting outside of the capture point, how about you stand inside of the goddamn point and fight there if you have to?

Too many people have been more focused on getting kills than actually trying to accomplish whatever objective is at hand, tanks like to run off on their own to try and solokill enemies without backup (or a healer), and time after time tonight I just kept getting matched up with those people. I had a few fun games, but almost all of my losses can be attributed to this bullshittery.

Fuck. I needed to rant. It was so maddening. There are some animals even Noah can't carry. And now my overall winrate is fucking embarrassing from it. Like, abysmally bad.


/vent
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 02:48 AM   #55
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.
 
Rangeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 4,328
Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
Never play CS.
__________________
Spoiler: show
Rangeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 02:49 AM   #56
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge
 
Midgeorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ELO Hell
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotomotorz View Post
But Bastion requires you to know where to set up safely, and without good map knowledge that's not very easy. They're both pretty easy though so idk
Good Bastion's play the hyper-aggressive style where they're constantly moving to a different position instead of just setting up at one position and eventually getting picked off.
__________________
Midgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 04:56 AM   #57
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck
 
Son_of_Shadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,794
Add RadiantDawn#21907.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
Why are you always a pretty princess?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Son_of_Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:01 AM   #58
Shuckle
Mage of Mind
 
Shuckle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Land of Thought and Melody
Posts: 3,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Had an absolutely terrible night. First time I actually got pissed off with this game... I've been doing just fine for nearly two weeks.

I'm not even sure how many games I played tonight. Too many to count. But it was fucking terrible... game after game was a loss. I know the old saying - if you smell shit everywhere you go, maybe you should check your own shoes. I'll be the first to admit that when I'm playing LoL, we suck because I suck. But that's the worst part... I only performed badly in maybe four or five games total. The rest I actually performed pretty damn well in! Because I'm not shit at Overwatch. And it didn't matter. I kept consistently getting teammates who didn't want to defend the objective or didn't stand in the point. God that's the fucking worst. Hey, instead of fighting outside of the capture point, how about you stand inside of the goddamn point and fight there if you have to?

Too many people have been more focused on getting kills than actually trying to accomplish whatever objective is at hand, tanks like to run off on their own to try and solokill enemies without backup (or a healer), and time after time tonight I just kept getting matched up with those people. I had a few fun games, but almost all of my losses can be attributed to this bullshittery.

Fuck. I needed to rant. It was so maddening. There are some animals even Noah can't carry. And now my overall winrate is fucking embarrassing from it. Like, abysmally bad.


/vent
This will change once Competitive is released. Climb high enough and you won't see those play patterns anymore. Until then, just try to have fun lol! You don't need to win to enjoy yourself. It's a shooter, shoot some guys.

If you want to win and play moderately competitively, add me Psychic#1897 and we can valiantly attempt to drag that winrate back up.

It also helps that Overwatch is not an RTS and should not be treated as one. The strategy is totally different as you can't leverage victories in the same way to increase your character's power.

~=+=~

Fun fact: Junkrat is actually 6'5".

What's that you say? He doesn't look that big? Well, no. He mostly stands next to Roadhog. Who is 7'3". and 550 lb. eek?

Reinhardt, at 7'4", is the tallest character in the game.

Meanwhile Torbjorn (4'7").
__________________

Spoiler: show
[The Sorcerer's Ambition]A handy link, to be sure.
Level Acquisitions, sorted by level instead of name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Shuckle's awesomeness level continues to rise.
Shuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:29 AM   #59
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,087
I had to share this one. http://egnarregnar.tumblr.com/post/1...-ruined-my-art
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 11:14 AM   #60
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Holy See of Ishgard
Posts: 2,768
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Hi yes I just bought Overwatch I am prepared to be a scrub.
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 11:32 AM   #61
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,482
Anyone who has difficulty with targeting, honestly, just play Winston. Trust me.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 11:45 AM   #62
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck
 
Son_of_Shadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,794
PC or console Lit?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
Why are you always a pretty princess?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Son_of_Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 11:50 AM   #63
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Holy See of Ishgard
Posts: 2,768
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
PC of course.
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 12:44 PM   #64
rotomotorz
Careful on the "goods"
 
rotomotorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Your sweaty, smelly bag
Posts: 2,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgeorge View Post
Good Bastion's play the hyper-aggressive style where they're constantly moving to a different position instead of just setting up at one position and eventually getting picked off.
Yes that's true but for new players that's not very obvious

Also players do get better the higher up in levels you go. There is hope!
__________________
o O O
o
TS__[O]
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 01:10 PM   #65
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One
 
Ironthunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Getting train rekt
Posts: 2,215
Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
tbh Bastion does sound more like one of those characters where you're better off coming to him after some play time, because he sounds very dependent on how well you know the map.
__________________
Spoiler: show
Squad summary here.
TL3, 129.5 TP, 37 KOs, 3 SP
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 01:54 PM   #66
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck
 
Son_of_Shadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
PC of course.
so give us your battletag you dingus
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
Why are you always a pretty princess?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Son_of_Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 04:39 PM   #67
rotomotorz
Careful on the "goods"
 
rotomotorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Your sweaty, smelly bag
Posts: 2,477
Oh Rotomotorz#1692
__________________
o O O
o
TS__[O]
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:44 PM   #68
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck
 
Son_of_Shadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
I hate playing tank
I retract this statement, D.Va is wonderful and she gave me my first PotG by blowing up half the other team at the very end, securing the payload <3
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
Why are you always a pretty princess?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Son_of_Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:51 PM   #69
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Holy See of Ishgard
Posts: 2,768
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Liltwick#1340. I just got home sorry.
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 11:27 PM   #70
Sneaze
#SWAG
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 5,654
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
I retract this statement, D.Va is wonderful and she gave me my first PotG by blowing up half the other team at the very end, securing the payload <3
I have gotten two PotG out of the past three games I have played due to D.Va

Also I'm a dick and emote after I send my ult off so everyone can see me BM in PotG.
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 05:08 AM   #71
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge
 
Midgeorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ELO Hell
Posts: 1,856
outsidr#2774 but I'm on EU.
__________________
Midgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:39 PM   #72
Crys
Optimistic
 
Crys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 1,177
Something dank for yal D.Va fans.
__________________
Crys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:45 AM   #73
Shuckle
Mage of Mind
 
Shuckle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Land of Thought and Melody
Posts: 3,104
DORITO GOBLIN <3333
__________________

Spoiler: show
[The Sorcerer's Ambition]A handy link, to be sure.
Level Acquisitions, sorted by level instead of name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Shuckle's awesomeness level continues to rise.
Shuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:10 AM   #74
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Holy See of Ishgard
Posts: 2,768
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
I just got my first PoTG~
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:45 PM   #75
Sneaze
#SWAG
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 5,654
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Nothing like a full turret tryhard team on Route 66. There's a reason that map is banned in every single tournament.

But hey I denied them PotG by getting it as Mercy. Suck on that, bitches.
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.