4v4
Singles
Slapstick
Equiall 3
Switch = KO
1 Week DQ
Exhibition: Word Tour

Quote:
This is an exhibition based on the SPPf Comp Word Tournament, created and originally hosted by Kingofthestone and later hosted by Eliteknight. In the first post, the ref will include a theme. Each battler will then PM the ref a six letter word fitting the theme. These words will be used to RNG the other's team. The ref will RNG battlers a six Pokemon squad of fully evolved Pokemon where each Pokemon begins with a letter in the word their opponent chose for them. From there, the ref will PM battlers their teams. From there, the match will proceed as a normal match, be it public squad or hidden squad.
Arena = Pummelo
Quote:
Pummelo: [Indoors/Outdoors] A simple arena, the Pummelo arena consists primarily of fairly easily manipulated soil, with a large circular pool situated at the center of the arena. The pool is deep enough to accomodate most Pokemon, but larger Pokemon will be unable to do more complex maneuvers. The pool is roughly as wide as it is deep. The ground of the remaining arena is rife with rocks and other such minerals, meaning attacks such as Stealth Rock work with impunity, and attacks such as Earthquake will transmit readily. The main aspect setting the Rock arena apart is the numerous boulders interspersed across the field. These will provide ample cover for most smaller Pokemon, and are open for manipulation. This includes being used to fuel attacks such as Rock Slide, as well as being able to be thrown by some stronger Pokemon. Within reason, if one of the batters mentions positioning of a rock, the battler is considered to be correct unless it contradicts a previous statement.
Welcome, everybody, to the brainchild exhibition of Beautiful Savage, the word tour! My name is Rhee, and I'll be your ref today! In the challenger's corner, we've got a familiar face with somewhat quiet ambitions for the Ice Gym! Everyone, please welcome Heroicrein, known to most simply as Chiko!

*confetti*

And on the accepting side, we've got an inorganic Pokemon aficionado, make some noise for Rotomotorz!

*streamers*

I do have to ask whether this arena will be indoors or outdoors, but just to get you guys thinking about it, I'll tell you the theme of the Word Tour!

*drumroll*

Please PM me a six letter word that falls under the theme of:

Non-classical mythology! This refers to any mythology that exists that is NOT Greek or Roman! Please also try to avoid the mythologies found primarily in the universes of works of fiction.

So PM me and also post in this thread to discuss whether the arena is indoors or outdoors, following which I will PM you your squads, and then you guys will post your squads starting with Chiko, and it'll progress like a regular battle from there!

Me on SP

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap

Last edited by RealMrGame10; 05-14-2016 at 08:56 PM.
RealMrGame10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 12:16 AM   #2
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

I'd go with outdoors and my word is sent.

(I did try to avoid works of fiction, I swear. :c)
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Chiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:15 AM   #3
rotomotorz
Careful on the "goods"

All mythology is fictional tho

Outdoors is fine
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:57 PM   #4
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Roto, you goin' down!

Anyway, thanks for reffing Rhee and good luck Roto.

Ignorance Is - Female Blissey
Arms-a-swingin - Male Ursaring
Dio - Genderless Ditto
Derpsparce - Male Dunsparce
OMGIt'sNotANormalType - Male Hariyama
Twintails are handy - Female Ambipom

Best names 2k16
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Old 05-16-2016, 05:54 PM   #5
rotomotorz
Careful on the "goods"

>Five normals
Still better luck than me!

Masked Dinosaur: Male Hawlucha
Tundra Dinosaur: Female Aurorus
Jungle Dinosaur: Female Sceptile
Dragon Dinosaur: Male Tyrantrum
Secretly-a-Dinosaur: Genderless Unown U
Headbutt Dinosaur: Male Ramparados

Lets go with Tundra Dinosaur first (you can shorten to Tundra i don't care)
Squad Summary

Old 05-17-2016, 05:46 AM   #6
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

OMGIt'sNotANormalType, let's get it.

Start with a MC Focus Blast then slam them with a Dynamic Punch
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Old 05-23-2016, 11:09 PM   #7
rotomotorz
Careful on the "goods"

Bulldoze to interrupt his Focus Blast, use your longer neck to knock him back with a Zen Headbutt when he comes in for the punch. Psychic Wave while retreating.

#Turn1Threes #NoRegrets #MakeAurorusUsableAgain
Squad Summary

Old 05-27-2016, 04:03 PM   #8
RealMrGame10
Team Instinct

Mudkip Round 1: Sorry, TA and whatnot

The randomly chosen teams having screwed over both parties, the dinosaur team chooses an Aurorus that they're calling the Tundra Dinosaur as their first representative.

Quote:
Aurorus (Rock/Ice): Aurorus' body is extremely frigid. When performing XX or NO moves, they may choose to cloak them in an aura of Ice energy, causing them to become Ice typed. Using 10% more energy, they can also increase the chance of their Ice-typed moves freezing their target by 10%. Any Pokémon coming in contact with them will be chilled similarly to Icy Wind. Being fossils, their Ancient Power attack will boost slightly more often.

[Rock]: Rock-type Pokémon generally have hard bodies, which makes them resistant to physical hits and projectiles. They are also resistant to XX attacks. This defensive ability extends to their moves, making defensive attacks like Protect and Harden cost less energy. They are difficult to burn or poison and prefer hot environments to cold ones. Most are so heavy that they will sink in water, so they stay away from deep-water sources if possible. They are adept at controlling rocks and will use less energy than other Pokémon when using Rock Tomb, Stealth Rock etc. to manipulate the arena.

[Ice]: Ice-type Pokémon are highly resistant to cold and fight more enthusuastically in cold environments. However, they hate hot temperatures, and will not fight as enthusiastically. If their STAB attacks have a secondary effect, they are slightly more likely to have their effects triggered. Their Ice type moves are significantly colder than those used by any other Pokemon, giving them a much greater ability to numb and slow the foe. In addition, any areas frozen by an Ice type will become sore even after the ice has been knocked loose, creating a painful area like Crush Claw does. Their chilled bodies allow them to create ice more readily than other Pokemon, significantly speeding up their Ice type attacks. Ice-types are generally sure footed and difficult to knock over, moving with ease across slippery surfaces and through strong winds and storms.
Realizing that he can take advantage of the Tundra Dinosaur's plethora of weaknesses, Chiko elects to use the only Pokemon on his team that isn't a Normal type, a Hariyama.

Quote:
Hariyama (Fighting): Hariyama are slow and lack agility but are sturdy and difficult to knock over. Hariyama have large, powerful hands and any attacks performed by use of their hands (Arm Thrust, Knock Off, possibly Rock Slide) do 1.2x more damage. This does not apply to fist attacks, such as Mega Punch or Dynamic Punch. Thanks to the thick layer of fat in their skin, Hariyama take 20% less damage from Ice and Fire-type attacks and are resistant to extreme temperatures. They can see in the dark.

[Fighting]: Fighting-type Pokémon train extensively, more than any other Pokémon type, giving them greater endurance and readiness than other Pokémon and allowing them to push themselves harder for longer. They are more accurate with their physical blows and more adept at blocking and countering physical attacks, able to do this against most physical assaults. Being physically powerful, they can lift much more than normal Pokémon, though this does not grant them an attack boost. They fight more enthusiastically in urban environments but are not adversely affected by more natural surroundings.
OMGIt'sNotANormalType starts Focusing his energy into a single ball that he intends to Blast through Tundra's health with. Tundra won't have it, though, stomping on the ground, attempting to Bulldoze the Hariyama. Though the shaking isn't enough to knock over the sturdily built Hariyama, he's shaken up enough to lose focus.

OMGIt'sNotANormalType quickly gathers himself and attempts to use a Dynamic Punch attack to do the same thing. Tundra Dinosaur starts stretching her neck and using Zen Headbutt right into the OMGIt'sNotANormalType face. He still manages to carry through for a main hit with the Punch, which throws the Dinosaur back quite a bit, and she finds herself a bit confused. After struggling a bit, she sends forth a Psychic wave, which largely hits the Hariyama, but not entirely.

Tundra Dinosaur went through a lot of her first third of health. She used a good deal of energy, but she's still good for two. She has about two more Bulldozes in her and half her Psychic. She's a bit confused.

OMGIt'sNotANormalType is almost out of his first third of health. He's good for two.

Me on SP

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap
Old 05-27-2016, 09:09 PM   #9
rotomotorz
Careful on the "goods"

Zen Headbutt to help clear confusion and strike. QC Substitute
Squad Summary

Old 05-28-2016, 06:56 AM   #10
RealMrGame10
Team Instinct

Wait shoot

Psychic is almost gone

I screwed up

Sorry m8, you can reorder

Me on SP

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap
Old 06-01-2016, 10:21 PM   #11
rotomotorz
Careful on the "goods"

Mist out as you take cover behind a nearby boulder larger than you. If they find you, give them a close range Frost Breath to hopefully interrupt them. Also pray for confusion rolls too I guess.
Squad Summary

Old 06-04-2016, 09:33 PM   #12
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Foresight to find them if they get Mist up. Otherwise start with MC Focus Blast. End as you move towards them to be able to hit them with MC Focus Blast.
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko

Last edited by Chiko; 06-05-2016 at 12:00 AM.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:52 PM   #13
RealMrGame10
Team Instinct

Mudkip Round 2: I am so, so, so sorry

Tundra Dinosaur, the Aurorus, looks a bit confused, but she's not so confused that she can't make a Mist around her so that no one can see her. Genius! Unfortunately, OMGIt'sNotANormalType can see right through the mist with a bit of Foresight. Tundra is too confused to know what to do next, but OMGINANT knows exactly what to do, Focusing his fighting spirit into a ball and Blasting through Tundra's health with it. On the bright side, her confusion is blasted too.

Tundra is below the midpoint of health. Energy usage was minimal and she's completely refreshed.

OMGINANT took barely any damage. He's still good for two.

Me on SP

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap
Old 06-28-2016, 01:28 AM   #14
rotomotorz
Careful on the "goods"

Bump
Squad Summary

Old 06-28-2016, 10:03 PM   #15
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

MC Focus Blast, Dynamic Punch

Not a good plan but I've got sooooo much to catch up on.
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Old 07-16-2016, 09:55 PM   #16
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

bumpity
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Old 07-22-2016, 11:09 PM   #17
rotomotorz
Careful on the "goods"

Safeguard the Focus Blast and then Dragon Tail to knock them back before the Dynamic Punch
Squad Summary

Old 08-10-2016, 01:03 AM   #18
RealMrGame10
Team Instinct

Round 3: I can't believe it's not a normal type

(just a fun note, I have my new laptop now! The keyboard is going to take some getting used to, but I should be back up to regular reffing speed now! Sorry for the delays.)

OMGINANT continues to press his type advantage, Focusing some fighting spirit into a Blast of energy at the ancient Ice type. Tundra Safeguards herself from damage with a bubble of protective energy, and the Focus Blast bends against the bubble a little bit before exploding. Growling, the Hariyama ambles over to Tundra while raising his fist, ready for a Dynamic Punch attack. However, while OMGINANT is still a few yards away, Tundra starts to swing around with her Tail infused with the power of the ancient Dragons. Her tail slams into OMGINANT from an unexpected angle, and he is pushed back towards the pool of water.

OMGINANT took a bit of damage. Energy usage is starting to wear on him, but he can pull off a two-mover this upcoming round.

Tundra took no damage. Energy usage was meh, and she's good for two.

Me on SP

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap
Old 08-12-2016, 11:30 AM   #19
rotomotorz
Careful on the "goods"

Rock Tomb them in as you hide behind the rock behind you. Whip up a Sandstorm from your cover to further reduce visibility
Squad Summary

Old 08-13-2016, 09:18 PM   #20
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

>further reduce visibility
>Foresight is still a thing

Okay, so let's break out of the Tomb with an almighty Surf before launching a MC Focus Blast
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Old 08-15-2016, 10:16 PM   #21
RealMrGame10
Team Instinct

Round 4: Far over the Misty Sandstorm

Tundra, somewhat surprised she's still kicking, tries to make some space for herself by burying OMGINANT alive. Using the abundant Rocks in the arena, Tundra makes an ill-fitting Tomb for the Hariyama. As Tundra retreats towards a conveniently placed rock behind her, she briefly pauses as she notices that the tomb is shaking, as if it were bursting from the inside out. A pebble is knocked loose as a stream of water fires forth. One after another are dislodged until the bulky Pokemon Surfs on a slightly diminished wave. OMGINANT uses this small wave to hurdle the rock and slam into Tundra.

Clearly upset by this development, Tundra steps back and starts spinning around really quickly, causing some small debris to twirl around with it. A small Sandstorm begins to surround the dinosaur, but OMGINANT is close enough to her and bolstered enough by the faint sight provided by Foresight to get a bead on her. Focusing, OMGINANT Blasts Tundra again, point blank, eliciting a cry from her as she gives up the Sandstorm attack.

The Sandstorm rages.

Tundra has fallen a ways into critical health. Good for two.

OMGINANT took only a bit of damage from the Sandstorm. He's got a bit under half his Water energy left. He's going to want to look at a break.

Me on SP

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap
Old 08-16-2016, 06:20 AM   #22
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Try for a nice Brick Break
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Old 08-16-2016, 06:48 AM   #23
rotomotorz
Careful on the "goods"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMrGame10 View Post
and bolstered enough by the faint sight provided by Foresight to get a bead on her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMrGame10 View Post
I don't think that Foresight interacts with physical visibility limiters. Its purpose is mostly for the more intangible stuff, like Double Team and Invisible Ghosts. I'd say Foresight doesn't help with that stuff.
I don't care enough but less nicer people will argue with you over this so just be careful lol.

Protect. Thunder Wave
Squad Summary

Old 08-27-2016, 03:42 AM   #24
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Rhee?
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Old 08-27-2016, 11:18 PM   #25
RealMrGame10
Team Instinct

Mudkip Round 5: I have very few acceptable excuses so please accept this instead

this

In all honesty if I had noticed this round earlier I would have done it bc it's pretty easy but yaknow

A little tired, but with enough Fighting spirit to attack once, OMGINANT goes for a closed finger strike, dragging some of the Sandstorm along with him for the ride. The blow is clearly enough to Break a Brick if one were available. However, as the dust clears, it is evident that the attack struck neither brick nor dinosaur, but a Protective bubble around our friend, Tundra. She strikes back by sending a Thunder Wave at OMGINANT, who is powerless to stop her.

Neither side took damage. Tundra's looking a little worn out, but can pull off two. OMGINANT is refreshed, but also paralyzed.

Me on SP

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL