UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > Olivewood Ocean

Old 05-02-2016, 11:28 PM   #1
Lil'twick
*Swings Durandal* HOW COP

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Absol Alea Iacta Est

And here I say that my fate is decided by the dice.

~

The past few months have been a complete blur. Well, the last two years have been a blur. The teen could hardly comprehend time, let alone everything else within the world. It felt like yesterday he was trapped. Trapped in what though? Every day he yearned to be free, yet the more he thought about it, that prison was home. It was almost a decade since the crash. It wasn't even an accident, Hawke knew it. But, what could he do? The world would continue to change around him, but he was chained to his fate.

The smell of oil and coal permeated the air, pollution becoming a common factor within the Olivine Industrial District. To Hawke, it was weird to see how the place so radically industrialize. Or was it always like this? His memory wasn't trustworthy, but it was the only guiding tool he had. He looked behind him to see that.. rat... Still following him. It was his, that Cyndaquil was his. A gift from his late father. Apparently it was supposed to be a birthday present for his tenth birthday. A small, nervous chuckle. Fate was cruel.

Perhaps he would of enjoyed a fire-type if fate was different. But it wasn't. The teen was mesmerized that he hasn't had a complete meltdown from the Pokemon. He still felt on edge and ready to collapse, but it wasn't harming him. The demon wasn't doing anything besides curiously sniffing the air. It then ran past Hawke, causing a small rattling from his chained legs. Hawke didn't know what to do. His mind was racing, his heart beating. He felt like he was about to hyperventilate. Anxiety crept up his chest, forming a thorn prison over his heart. He would easily abandon it, but a small part of him. A remnant of his childhood? Told him to follow it.

After a few minutes, the Cyndaquil let out a small happy cry in front of a building. The Pokemon Center. The store man told him the rest of his inheritance was here. At least, the inheritance that wasn't confiscated due to being illicitly obtained. The duo walked into the center, and walked over towards an open PC. Logging into his League-Authenticated account, Hawke discovered a myriad of items at his disposal. He withdrew nine rare candies, one moon ball, one dusk ball, one TM hidden power, one wise glasses, and twelve star shards. He sorted them out and put them within his satchel, and then fired up the technical machine. He aimed it at the newborn rat and fired it up.

"If... If I'm going to become your trainer. Then here," Hawke softly whispered to the Cyndaquil, and fired off the beam towards it. Icy blue orbs surrounded the fire type, and then were absorbed into his body. Hawke then searched through his bag and pulled out the small scarf he prepared for his Pokemon. He tied it around the Cyndaquil, feeling more at ease. He then needed a name. It was a demon. He was a demon. But, the Pokemon was his demon.

"Belial," the blonde mentioned and then registered it within his Pokedex. The Cyndaquil nodded in understanding.

"Let's go back home towards Ecruteak... I feel... I might break down here," Hawke whispered to Belial. The human ducked his head as he felt the gazes of the trainers around him. All he wanted was home. All he wanted was to be free from this suffocating world.

Obtained:
9x Rare Candy
1x Moon Ball
1x Dusk Ball
1x TM Hidden Power
1x Wise Glasses
12x Star Shards

Ghost Legion
Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 01:58 AM   #2
Sneaze
Quintessence?

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Overcoming his anxiety at the small rodent of a Pokemon his late father had left for him, Hawke follows the Cyndaquil after it brushes past the chains on his legs, only to be led up to the Pokemon Center. Hawke's inheritance lied within these doors, what little of it remained after confiscation due to illegal activity, anyway. Withdrawing a fair number of items, Hawke proceeds to teach his Cyndaquil a new TM before having a brief conversation with the fire rat, consisting largely of a begrudging acceptance that this Cyndaquil was his and giving said mouse a name. "Belial."

Ducking out of the Pokecenter and away from the gaze of those around him, Hawke decides it's time to leave the industrial city of Olivine and head towards the golden forest on a path to Ecruteak. Belial happily follows behind, but as the two approach the woods a dark plume of smoke can be visibly seen ominously shadowing overhead. A makeshift police barrier is placed in front of the primary entrance into the forest, with two guardsmen standing by.

Noticing Hawke approach, one of the guards straightens up from his slouched position, having been having a relaxed conversation with the other. "Excuse me sir, but we can't let you through. There's a pretty nasty wildfire raging. We've got most every man on the force trying to put it out."

The other officer grumbles slightly at the mention of the rest of the force, "Meanwhile we're stuck here watching the border. This is what we get for not having any Water types!"

"Yeah, well... somebody has to keep travelers like this one safe!" The first retorts, only to be quickly cut off.

"OH, YEAH. BECAUSE NOBODY WOULD EVER NOTICE THE SMOKE AND THINK MAYBE IT'S A BAD IDEA GOING IN THERE." The second officer shouts angrily before taking a deep breath. "I just wish we could be tracking down whoever lit this fire..."
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 04:38 PM   #3
Lil'twick

And here I say my fate is written in flames.

~

As he was approaching his home, Hawke caught a plume of smoke ahead of him. Dread filled his mind. Dread filled his heart. The smoke fueled this dread, and the smell of fire withered his frail sanity. Fire. Fire. EVERYWHERE WAS FIRE. He was ready to collapse . He was ready to break. He barely payed attention to the policemen in front of him, who were behind a make shift barrier preventing people from endangering themselves.

"Y-you mean... I'm stuck here?" A ghastly horror settled on his face, causing his pupils to shrink. His entire body was now quivering, the small chains clinking together. Hawke started to hyperventilate, and slowly stepped back before running back towards Olivine.

Though, he immediately stopped in his tracks. He would rather not deal with that... iron prison. He felt his right arm flare up in pain, and looked as the tattoo writhed. He had to get home. He needed to get home. He heard a small squeak, and saw the demon behind him. Was this... loyalty?

"Belial... What do you want," his words were thrown like icy daggers.

The mouse simply ran off back towards the woods, forcing Hawke to chase him down.

Ghost Legion
Hawke | Leo

Last edited by Lil'twick; 11-06-2016 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-26-2016, 01:14 AM   #4
Sneaze
Quintessence?

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Frustrated and horrified at the thought of being trapped in the city any longer, Hawke backs away from the officers, barely paying attention to their arguing amongst themselves, the two exchanging disturbed looks as they watch him leave suddenly. Hawke doesn't make it particularly far, though, before Belial squeaks at the man known to be his trainer. Sharp words are tossed towards the Cyndaquil, and before Hawke knows what's going on Belial makes a mad dash towards the trees and into the woods, forcing a chase by the trainer, accompanied by the clinking of chains all the way.

The reason for the running becomes clear pretty quickly as after about thirty seconds or so of following the rustling sounds of Belial dashing through the wooded area Hawke stumbles across another man, clearly distressed with a small red lizard by his side, large bumps covering the head of the creature. The man groans as he attempts to shoo the nearby Belial away before looking up to see Hawke coming out of the brush.

"Oh come on... first the police are everywhere and now this!" The man's head remains in constant frantic motion, as if to make sure there was no other disturbance to be had. "Look man, I really don't have time for... whatever it is you want. Just leave me alone, a'ight?"
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 02:30 PM   #5
Lil'twick

And here I say that my fate is strengthened by bonds

~

Hawke continued to pursue his starter, ignoring the smoke that was soon starting to addle his mind. His fear was making his heart race, and that was the only reason he chased after the demon. It was his... A gift... He couldn't discard it. He continued to run through the foliage until he eventually saw Belial. He saw a man, seemingly freaking out about the situation the Pokemon next to him was in. The person tried to shoo the rat away until he looked over and saw Hawke.

"Oh come on... first the police are everywhere and now this!" He looked frantic, as if he was trying to make sure that there wasn't anything else coming. "Look man, I really don't have time for... whatever it is you want. Just leave me alone, a'ight?"

"I-I'm sorry... I was just trying to get..." he pointed at Belial. "To get him. I just want to get back to Ecruteak... I'm sorry about the disturbance..." Hawke muttered as he swooped the fire-type up without thinking.

He felt the Cyndaquil's warmth. It was actually, comforting, to the teen's surprise. But, Hawke knew letting his guard down would've been bad. At any moment flames could erupt from the Cyndaquil's back. It was a risk... He needed to get over his fears somehow. H ecouldn't help but feel the man staring at him.

"I... um... sorry. I-I'll leave now... Oh... uh... Have this." Hawke takes out one of the potions out of his bag and sets it down in front of him. He was afraid of getting too close to the man. "I-It might help... Uh... Bye."

Hawke, with the obviously unhappy Belial, then continued to move forward. He headed forwards, not knowing if it led to home or not. The Cyndaquil's writhing annoyed him, but determination can overcome discomfort...

Ghost Legion
Hawke | Leo

Old 06-23-2017, 01:52 PM   #6
Connor
Disillusioned

The man seems clearly perplexed as Austin places a Potion just in front of him before turning and heading off into the forest again. For a moment it seems like he would simply leave this encounter here and go about whatever business he had to do, but with a heavy sigh, the man shouts loudly after Austin, picking up the Potion and running after the young boy. By the way the man ran, it seemed like he had some sort of leg injury, his gait limping and unsteady, though given the consummate ease with which he brokered the distance between the pair it was also clear that he had managed to live with said injury for quite some time, clearly being accustomed to the effect it had on his movement.

"Oi, kid. No need to leave me this. Anyway, it seems like the trail has gone cold for now. What's your type doing round here? You're aware there's some shit going down right now, yeah?"

Despite the fact the man seemed a little calmer than he had initially on encountering him, it was clear he was still perturbed about something. He remained skittish, wincing at the simplest of sounds coming from within the forest, and his Pokemon seemed similarly unsettled, gingerly shifting from foot to foot while being on highest alert. Small embers of flame would spew from the rather small Pokemon every time it appeared startled, but these would quickly be stamped out by the man, who was wearing awkwardly large boots.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 12:11 PM   #7
Lil'twick

And here I say that my fate is determined by my own actions

~

The man ran after him, an obvious limp in hist foot. The way he closed the gap it was quite obvious that he had lived the injury for some time. Behind him came his Pokemon, which caused Hawke to feel at unease at the situation once again. Fire, fire, fire... FIRE! Why did it always have to be fire!? He just wanted to go home. Was that too much to ask for? But no, the one time he decided to leave the comfort of his house he gets gifted with a fire breathing demon as a starting Pokemon, then gets blocked by a god damned forest fire, and then is being chased by a limping man and his even more scary fire-type. Will he never be free from this punishment? On hearing the man's words, he quickly responded.

"I-I live in Ecruteak... I just want to go home... I-I know what I'm doing... But this fire... It's always fire..." he started to wheeze and gasp for air, his PTSD bringing on a panic attack. The rattling of chains rapidly echoed throguh the burning forest, with each new noise louder and more violent as Hawke punched the ground. "SO DAMN IT WHY WON'T THE FLAMES LEAVE ME ALONE!?"

Collecting himself, he returned Belial to his Pokeball. It would be easier to get back with the Cyndaquil stored. He wiped his bloodied knuckles on his shirt, immune to the pain. He then looked at the man.

"I just want to go home. I'll survive... I'm cursed to. You have your own problem to deal with... Sorry, I just... I can't help. So please, keep the Potion, I really don't need it. I'll make it back, so please leave me be..." Hawke asked before continuing in the direction he was heading. Ecruteak should be close now... he hoped. With the main path closed he had no idea where he'd end up...

Ghost Legion
Hawke | Leo

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > Olivewood Ocean