UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries

Old 01-02-2017, 08:11 AM   #126
Slash
Poison Jam

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
It has all of three moves not prevented by Taunt (Pain Split, Counter and Bide). It needs the Taunt immunity and the Torment immunity is just a nicety put in there.
Okay, that's a fair point, I actually don't know the new movepools since I don't have S&M yet. Still, it really shouldn't cite mental fortitude as the reason, given Taunt is a curse and Swagger is the mental one.

(though pointing out it does have the very meager universal offerings as well, useless as those mostly are)
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:25 AM   #127
Slash
Poison Jam

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Okay, so, Ash-Greninja isn't a thing. And, as much as I actually don't like it, it's a legit thing in both the games and the anime, and wouldn't be hard to implement in a balanced way. There's been discussion, and some have thought that should be an idea for sigs instead. But honestly, Ash-Greninja is a super evolution and we really don't want to make super evo sigs come back. And ignoring it for reasons is also a really bad idea. So, my proposal would be an SC thing

It does not matter to me if it's in the general Greninja SC, or if it's one of those things where, like Wormadam or branch evos, you evolve it into one forme, the regular one, or the other, the Battle Bond capable form. Both ideas have merit. But something along the lines of "When Greninja knocks out a foe in battle, its pride and Battle Bond with its trainer will trigger it to change formes into Ash-Greninja. This form will have a 10% increase to its offensive stats, as well as a small boost to speed, but 10% lower Defense and Special Defense. This forme change will last until the end of the battle, but the boosts and debuffs will fade after a few turns." Something along those lines. Maybe also a bit of an accuracy buff to Water Shuriken or something, tinker with it a bit, I dunno. But it would be a good idea to take a look at that. I won't say we can't just ignore Ash-Greninja, since I'm not the one who ultimately makes that call. But, unlike with Fly Pikachu, we shouldn't ignore it.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 02:38 AM   #128
Connor
Who Knows?

Okay so Jeri okay'ed Ash-Greninja. I am currently buried under The Monk and Otranto but I will try to get an SC out asap.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 02:35 PM   #129
Connor
Who Knows?

Decidueye (Grass/Ghost): As owls, the Rowlet line are the quietest fliers amongst Pokémon, almost inaudible as they fly. Decidueye can see in the dark, but fight with equal enthusiasm at all times of day. They can rotate their heads 180 degrees around, allowing them to see in all directions. They use their leaf-like feathers like arrows, which they issue from their wings. They have a great deal of control over these feathers, and can bend them to take arching trajectories, which increases their accuracy with leaf-based moves. They are able to fire contact Grass moves as projectiles in this manner. They are familiar with the Flying type. Their bodies are almost entirely solid as Ghost Pokemon, though they can achieve the ethereal state for a few seconds, and they can be poisoned. As starter Pokémon, their Grass-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/3 health

Drampa (Normal/Dragon): Drampa are typically very calm and gentle Pokémon, making them difficult to enrage. However, they are quite protective of their friends and can be angered by aggression in battle. If an ally hits critical health, they will gain a significant boost to their Special Attack. If the ally drops below half health, they will receive a similar, slightly less potent boost. Their Dragon Breath is slightly more powerful and also quite forceful, with the same force as a Blizzard. They are capable of flight, but are neither quick nor agile.

Dhelmise (Ghost/Grass): Dhelmise are actually possessed seaweed, but their intrinsic connection to the anchor they hold means they will still suffer damage normally should the anchor be stricken. Due to their comprehensive hold, they cannot be separated from their anchor. They are familiar with the Steel type, and all their Steel type moves will deal slightly more damage. Dhelmise are almost entirely solid, but can go ethereal for short periods of time. They cannot be poisoned. Dhelmise levitate, but are fairly slow movers.

Kommo-o (Dragon/Fighting): Kommo-o are very proud and unshakeable Pokémon. It is difficult to discourage these Pokémon from battle. They are covered in thick scales that they can use both defensively and offensively. The scales give them protection from physical projectiles, which deal 20% less damage. Their striking visage makes them much more intimidating than normal, exuding an aura of intimidation at all times, and their roaring moves are slightly more effective. They specialize in uppercuts and their Sky Uppercut is 10% more powerful.

Minior (Rock/Flying): Minior will enter the battle with a shell of rocky material. This shell grants them 20% higher defense and a resistance against status attacks, but also restricts their mobility somewhat and slows them down. Once they reach half health, they will shed the shell, revealing their neon core. Without their shell, they become quite agile and fast, losing their defensive bonuses but being granted a 10% boost to both offensive stats in return. Using Shell Smash will break their outer shell prematurely.

Salandit (Poison/Fire): Salandit release poisonous gases and their Fire attacks from the tip of their tail. The gases they release have a sweet smell, and are quite enticing in spite of their toxicity. Pokémon caught in their gaseous moves are less likely to attempt escape. Salandit also can release a strange pheromone when using Attract that is strangely effective on all Pokémon and will Attract them in spite of their physical differences.

Salazzle (Poison/Fire): Salazzle release poisonous gases and their Fire attacks from the tip of their tail. The gases they release have a sweet smell, and are quite enticing in spite of their toxicity. Pokémon caught in their gaseous moves are less likely to attempt escape. Salazzle release an odd pheromone when using Attract that is strangely effective on all Pokémon and will Attract them in spite of their physical differences. As their poisons have matured with evolution, they are able to poison Steel and Poison type Pokemon as easily as any other type.

Bewear (Normal/Fighting): Bewear possess overwhelming strength that they cannot always control. They are quite friendly and jovial, but can be very aggressive if angered. Their grappling attacks are quite powerful, doing 20% more damage than average, and are difficult to break free from. Their fluffy fur give them a significant boost to defense, but they are slightly more vulnerable to Fire attacks as a consequence.

Marowak [Alola] (Fire/Ghost): Alolan Marowak have developed special skills to combat their foes. While they are not Ghosts in the traditional sense, they can channel spiritual power much like true Ghosts. If another Pokémon makes contact with them using a move, there is a 20% chance that that move will be disabled for a period of three rounds, though only one move may be disabled at any one time. They cannot go into the ethereal state. Marowak's face is covered by a skull, which they will not remove willingly. Marowak may not use their respective bone attacks if they are not holding their bone, but attacks using their bone will deal x1.2 damage. Marowak are skilled and aggressive combatants, and will tire slightly slower than other Pokémon as a consequence. Their Skull Bash attack takes slightly less energy than normal to use. Marowak can see in the dark.

Pyukumuku (Water): Pyukumuku are rather slow, only being able to move by crawling. Their intense mental fortitude means they are resistant to pain and difficult to interrupt, and are immune to Taunt, Swagger and Torment. Their intensely observant nature allows them to see through Substitute effortlessly. When they faint, Pyukumuku will launch a final, desperate attack, spewing their innards forward to land a devastating blow to the foe. This will deal Extreme damage, and will ignore all type modifiers. The stricken foe will be slightly sluggish to react in the following turn due to the disgusting nature of this.

Mimikyu (Ghost/Fairy): Mimikyu is a shy and lonely Pokémon. It wears a disguise to hide its true form. This disguise acts as a decoy. Once a battle, it can use a move to absorb a single attack, after which the decoy will collapse. Their claw based attacks deal an extra 10% damage. Mimikyu can see in the dark and fights more enthusiastically at night. They are excellent at hiding. They can be poisoned. Mimikyu are primarily solid but can achieve all other states.

Greninja [Battle Bond] (Water/Dark): Greninja is the fastest and most agile member of the Froakie line, able to move as if it is teleporting, making it better at evading attacks, and easily cling to walls or hide in dark corners. They have an extremely keen sense of aim, and are able to reliably hit targets with projectiles even at a significant distance. Their water attacks have a "sharp" quality to them, making them more likely to break through hard objects and causing them to lose less momentum and power when breaking through screens or other shields. As starter Pokémon, their Water-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/3 health. On knocking out an opposing Pokemon, a Battle Bond Greninja will transform into the powerful Ash-Greninja. This will empower their offensive capabilities, increasing all damage dealt slightly. They will also become even faster than their base state, but will take slightly more damage as a consequence. Ash-Greninja's Water Shuriken will fire faster than their base state.

Changes/additions in bold. Are these okay?
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 04:56 PM   #130
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

Everything looks fine to me. If a referee can't read an SC that explicitly states whether or not a given ghost has states access they shouldn't be reffing.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 05:18 PM   #131
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

These are awesome! Though some things i'm curious about:

So if Minior uses Shell Smash to break open its core, does that mean it gains the sharp boost of its Attack power and Speed on top of what they gain when they're exposed? And what happens to its Defense power when it does, it drops lower than usual or does it remain average?

Does Pyukumuku's unwavering attention apply for seeing through illusions too? Like from Double Team and Hypnosis, or even from whatever the Zorua line can conjure up?

With Dhelmise [being bound to] a solid object, wouldn't it be unable to change states freely? Or has that guideline long been lifted?

Last edited by Trot Away; 01-20-2017 at 09:28 PM.
Trot Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 05:10 PM   #132
Sneaze
#SWAG

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
So I really do have to argue against Mimikyu being able to go ethereal and invisible. It's a crafted form and not in any way an actual part of its body, so unless we properly extend ethereal and invisibility to EVERY OTHER GHOST (this is not a point to be argued on and if anyone starts to I will slap them) we really can't justify it here.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 06:19 PM   #133
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

Mimikyu being able to go ethereal I feel is fine because the little ghostie under the disguise should be allowed to go ethereal and having a disguise on wouldn't affect that unless we're arguing that if you pull a Mimikyu's disguise off and punch the disguise Mimikyu takes damage, in which case we're all a bunch of morons. The way I see it, ethereal Mimikyu is like punching a bag pumped full of air- sure, you can hit the bag, but that doesn't really effect the air inside of it.

Mimikyu probably shouldn't be able to go invisible though because there's no good reason for it to be able to turn its disguise invisible. But then on the flipside we turned the poor thing's niche into a glorified protect and we've made sillier things work in the past so I'm not gonna complain if it keeps invisibility.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:21 PM   #134
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Well imo the thing under the disguise is a ghost right, why shouldnt it be able to extend the shifting to the disguise in the same way we now let Golett line, honedge line and I think Yamask line?
Old 01-21-2017, 09:11 PM   #135
Sneaze
#SWAG

Because those are actual parts of their bodies, not things they craft.

Quote:
Old 01-21-2017, 10:26 PM   #136
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

Realistically it would be ridiculous to take away Mimikyu's ethereal and allow Dhelmise to keep its.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:02 AM   #137
Sneaze
#SWAG

Honestly I didn't see it as I wasn't reading the whole of it and it wasn't bolded. But really invisibility is the bit that bugs me the most for those sorts of Ghosts.

Quote:
Old 01-22-2017, 03:07 AM   #138
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Invisible form's still a thing? I thought that got nixed way back. And tbh it probably should be nixed from my point of view.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Ironthunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:49 PM   #139
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Quote:
Hydreigon (Dark/Dragon): Hydreigon are extremely frightening, violent, temperamental and intimidating Pokémon. They levitate almost constantly, though are somewhat slow due to their size. Their hands have developed into two heads, both completely under the control of the main head and used to attack, both physically and specially, and their Tri Attack is more powerful than normal. They are extremely sensitive to movement and are able to target a foe even at a significant distance or if they are hiding. Despite their great power, they are very hard to control and easy to anger, and may potentially disobey their trainer, especially if angered or otherwise displeased.
Can we please remove this for being a generally terrible mechanic?

PASBL Stats

TL 4 (35-21-6)
Current owner of the Onslaught Badge and the Monolith Badge
Previous owner of the Indurate Badge and the Dual Wing Badge (Pre-scrap)
216 TP - 84 KOs - 20 SP (11 SP Debt to Machamp-X)
(W/L/D and stats recompiled as of 4/25/17)
Observe. Adapt. Evolve.
Altocharizard55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:01 PM   #140
Sneaze
#SWAG

Why? It exists in a lot of 'mon as a perfectly valid balancing mechanic that, if you're decently good with the 'mon, isn't terrible to play around.

Also we're worrying about a 'mon basically nobody owns because...? Because seriously there are two of them, and one's mine.

Quote:

Last edited by Sneaze; 04-22-2017 at 11:31 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 11:41 PM   #141
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

idk it seems like it could get very out of hand very quickly. I wouldn't put it past the average ref to say "oh you've been swaggered your hydreigon wont listen to you for 5 rounds kthnxbai"

While it's true very few people have it, that doesn't mean the crappy SC on a mon that already has a 3x weakness it has serious issues with and is sitting in TL6 aren't the reasons so few people have it.

Old 04-22-2017, 11:46 PM   #142
Sneaze
#SWAG

Oh no my point was why specifically Hydreigon and not one of the jillion others that have similar bits in their SCs. Like Mankey. I don't care if it was in the anime that whole bit is dumb.

Quote:
Old 04-22-2017, 11:49 PM   #143
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

I think the main thing is because most of the other mon with the issue (Mankey indeed is one of them) can have it written out in their bio. Drei can't.

Though yes I think if we're nixing it in Hydreigon it should be nixed for most if not every 'mon that has it.

EDIT: Similarly, why can the Minccino line disobey if they get dirty? Minccino is already hot garbage it seems silly to make it worse.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:13 AM   #144
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Disobedience is terrible. Why not represent hotheadedness as a resistance to calming effects/sleep and vulnerability to taunts and swaggers, and outright ban the other situations where disobedience enters the equation (multiple uplevels i think is the only one).

Would be a neatly balanced way to distinguish the ANGERY pokemon and actually throw in, like, a reason why someone might want the ANGERY pokemon over a non-ANGERY similar or better pokemon.

Spoiler: show
[The Sorcerer's Ambition]A handy link, to be sure.
Level Acquisitions, sorted by level instead of name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Shuckle's awesomeness level continues to rise.
Shuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 12:43 AM   #145
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Yeah I was honestly just looking through some SCs and saw that, lol. I think this should be written out of literally any SC containing it. I'll put together a shortlist.

PASBL Stats

TL 4 (35-21-6)
Observe. Adapt. Evolve.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:53 AM   #146
Jerichi
本✚能

Don't we just have that "they're more easily angered but get a bigger boost" SC?

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 08:23 AM   #147
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Don't we just have that "they're more easily angered but get a bigger boost" SC?
Yeah that is in a few SC's, perhaps that is a better route to go, rather than just stripping it from the SC's.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:28 AM   #148
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

That'd be fine. It's the disobedience thing I was referring to specifically.

PASBL Stats

TL 4 (35-21-6)
Observe. Adapt. Evolve.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:30 AM   #149
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
Decidueye (Grass/Ghost): As owls, the Rowlet line are the quietest fliers amongst Pokémon, almost inaudible as they fly. Decidueye can see in the dark, but fight with equal enthusiasm at all times of day. They can rotate their heads 180 degrees around, allowing them to see in all directions. They use their leaf-like feathers like arrows, which they issue from their wings. They have a great deal of control over these feathers, and can bend them to take arching trajectories, which increases their accuracy with leaf-based moves. They are able to fire contact Grass moves as projectiles in this manner. They are familiar with the Flying type. Their bodies are almost entirely solid as Ghost Pokemon, though they can achieve the ethereal state for a few seconds, and they can be poisoned. As starter Pokémon, their Grass-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/3 health

Drampa (Normal/Dragon): Drampa are typically very calm and gentle Pokémon, making them difficult to enrage. However, they are quite protective of their friends and can be angered by aggression in battle. If an ally hits critical health, they will gain a significant boost to their Special Attack. If the ally drops below half health, they will receive a similar, slightly less potent boost. Their Dragon Breath is slightly more powerful and also quite forceful, with the same force as a Blizzard. They are capable of flight, but are neither quick nor agile.

Dhelmise (Ghost/Grass): Dhelmise are actually possessed seaweed, but their intrinsic connection to the anchor they hold means they will still suffer damage normally should the anchor be stricken. Due to their comprehensive hold, they cannot be separated from their anchor. They are familiar with the Steel type, and all their Steel type moves will deal slightly more damage. Dhelmise are almost entirely solid, but can go ethereal for short periods of time. They cannot be poisoned. Dhelmise levitate, but are fairly slow movers.

Kommo-o (Dragon/Fighting): Kommo-o are very proud and unshakeable Pokémon. It is difficult to discourage these Pokémon from battle. They are covered in thick scales that they can use both defensively and offensively. The scales give them protection from physical projectiles, which deal 20% less damage. Their striking visage makes them much more intimidating than normal, exuding an aura of intimidation at all times, and their roaring moves are slightly more effective. They specialize in uppercuts and their Sky Uppercut is 10% more powerful.

Minior (Rock/Flying): Minior will enter the battle with a shell of rocky material. This shell grants them 20% higher defense and a resistance against status attacks, but also restricts their mobility somewhat and slows them down. Once they reach half health, they will shed the shell, revealing their neon core. Without their shell, they become quite agile and fast, losing their defensive bonuses but being granted a 10% boost to both offensive stats in return. Using Shell Smash will break their outer shell prematurely.

Salandit (Poison/Fire): Salandit release poisonous gases and their Fire attacks from the tip of their tail. The gases they release have a sweet smell, and are quite enticing in spite of their toxicity. Pokémon caught in their gaseous moves are less likely to attempt escape. Salandit also can release a strange pheromone when using Attract that is strangely effective on all Pokémon and will Attract them in spite of their physical differences.

Salazzle (Poison/Fire): Salazzle release poisonous gases and their Fire attacks from the tip of their tail. The gases they release have a sweet smell, and are quite enticing in spite of their toxicity. Pokémon caught in their gaseous moves are less likely to attempt escape. Salazzle release an odd pheromone when using Attract that is strangely effective on all Pokémon and will Attract them in spite of their physical differences. As their poisons have matured with evolution, they are able to poison Steel and Poison type Pokemon as easily as any other type.

Bewear (Normal/Fighting): Bewear possess overwhelming strength that they cannot always control. They are quite friendly and jovial, but can be very aggressive if angered. Their grappling attacks are quite powerful, doing 20% more damage than average, and are difficult to break free from. Their fluffy fur give them a significant boost to defense, but they are slightly more vulnerable to Fire attacks as a consequence.

Marowak [Alola] (Fire/Ghost): Alolan Marowak have developed special skills to combat their foes. While they are not Ghosts in the traditional sense, they can channel spiritual power much like true Ghosts. If another Pokémon makes contact with them using a move, there is a 20% chance that that move will be disabled for a period of three rounds, though only one move may be disabled at any one time. They cannot go into the ethereal state. Marowak's face is covered by a skull, which they will not remove willingly. Marowak may not use their respective bone attacks if they are not holding their bone, but attacks using their bone will deal x1.2 damage. Marowak are skilled and aggressive combatants, and will tire slightly slower than other Pokémon as a consequence. Their Skull Bash attack takes slightly less energy than normal to use. Marowak can see in the dark.

Pyukumuku (Water): Pyukumuku are rather slow, only being able to move by crawling. Their intense mental fortitude means they are resistant to pain and difficult to interrupt, and are immune to Taunt, Swagger and Torment. Their intensely observant nature allows them to see through Substitute effortlessly. When they faint, Pyukumuku will launch a final, desperate attack, spewing their innards forward to land a devastating blow to the foe. This will deal Extreme damage, and will ignore all type modifiers. The stricken foe will be slightly sluggish to react in the following turn due to the disgusting nature of this.

Mimikyu (Ghost/Fairy): Mimikyu is a shy and lonely Pokémon. It wears a disguise to hide its true form. This disguise acts as a decoy. Once a battle, it can use a move to absorb a single attack, after which the decoy will collapse. Their claw based attacks deal an extra 10% damage. Mimikyu can see in the dark and fights more enthusiastically at night. They are excellent at hiding. They can be poisoned. Mimikyu are primarily solid but can achieve all other states.

Greninja [Battle Bond] (Water/Dark): Greninja is the fastest and most agile member of the Froakie line, able to move as if it is teleporting, making it better at evading attacks, and easily cling to walls or hide in dark corners. They have an extremely keen sense of aim, and are able to reliably hit targets with projectiles even at a significant distance. Their water attacks have a "sharp" quality to them, making them more likely to break through hard objects and causing them to lose less momentum and power when breaking through screens or other shields. As starter Pokémon, their Water-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/3 health. On knocking out an opposing Pokemon, a Battle Bond Greninja will transform into the powerful Ash-Greninja. This will empower their offensive capabilities, increasing all damage dealt slightly. They will also become even faster than their base state, but will take slightly more damage as a consequence. Ash-Greninja's Water Shuriken will fire faster than their base state.

Changes/additions in bold. Are these okay?
is it possible to make these changes official?

PASBL Squad l C+ Grade Ref l Grass Gym Trainer

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Well I don't know I wanted to deal damage and Starmie is inorganic :X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Starmie is a starfish, it is not inorganic :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Kush I'm TL1. How am I supposed to know things if you don't tell me them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
It's a starfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Eliteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 12:17 PM   #150
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Quote:
Cinccino (Normal): Cinccino are very concerned with cleanliness and get quite annoyed when dirty. When attacked by 'dirty' moves (e.g. Mud Bomb), they will become annoyed and gain a slight boost to their attack power but have a slight chance of disobeying attacks in order to clean themselves. Their tufty fur makes them resistant to spore based moves and is sufficiently anti static to deflect weak Electric moves like Thunder Wave. Chained moves like Double Slap will be faster and more powerful when used by this Pokémon.

Hydreigon (Dark/Dragon): Hydreigon are extremely frightening, violent, temperamental and intimidating Pokémon. They levitate almost constantly, though are somewhat slow due to their size. Their hands have developed into two heads, both completely under the control of the main head and used to attack, both physically and specially, and their Tri Attack is more powerful than normal. They are extremely sensitive to movement and are able to target a foe even at a significant distance or if they are hiding. Despite their great power, they are very hard to control and easy to anger, and may potentially disobey their trainer, especially if angered or otherwise displeased.

Minccino (Normal): Minccino are very concerned with cleanliness and get quite annoyed when dirty. When attacked by 'dirty' moves (e.g. Mud Bomb), they will become annoyed and gain a slight boost to their attack power but have a slight chance of disobeying attacks in order to clean themselves. Their tufty fur makes them resistant to spore based moves and is sufficiently anti static to deflect weak Electric moves like Thunder Wave. Chained moves like Double Slap will be faster and more powerful when used by this Pokémon.

Charizard (Fire/Flying): Charizard are slow and cumbersome when on land but are able fliers. They are hot tempered and resistant to fear attacks. However, they are easily angered and confused. They have flaming tails, which can be used for illumination and may burn foes if there is prolonged contact. Charizard have slightly more Dragon energy than other Fire-types and, as starter Pokémon, their Fire-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/3 health. Charizard is unique in having two Mega Formes. In its X Forme, it becomes Fire/Dragon typed whilst still retaining the flight abilities it possessed as a Charizard. Against any Pokémon that would reasonably be afraid of Charizard X, its fear-inducing attacks are more effective, and it becomes much more physical, giving attacks used with it's claws a 20% boost. Its Y Forme is slightly smaller and lighter than the X Forme, and is a nearly unparalleled fast and agile flier, able to fly with the speed and agility of a Pidgeot. Its powerful wings also grant it a 20% boost to wind moves. It also benefits greatly from the sun, the heat from its body causing sun to last two turns longer than normal.

Charmeleon (Fire): Charmeleon are the fastest of their line on the ground, though not as agile as their previous stage. They are harder to scare, but are more easily angered or confused. They have flaming tails, which can be used for illumination and may burn foes if there is prolonged contact. As starter Pokémon, their Fire-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/3 health.

Tauros (Normal): Tauros are only know to appear in male varieties. Tauros are powerful chargers. Any tackling or ramming attacks do extra damage, as Tauros continues over the opponent, trampling them. Any attack a Tauros executes with its hooves is 1.2x as powerful. Tauros are easily angered and confused. Miltank and Tauros are speculated to have a common ancestor, so the Attracts of both species are considered to work as if both Miltank and Tauros were the same species of Pokémon.
Here are all of the weird anger SCs I could dig up. The first three involve disobedience (which we should really just nix as an SC drawback period) and the last three are kind of nonstandard/potentially outdated. Compare them to the standard fare of anger related SCs:

Quote:
Granbull (Fairy): Granbull are proud Pokémon and more susceptible to moves that induce anger. However, they are also resistant to fear-inducing effects. Their hearing is more sensitive than normal, at the expense of being more vulnerable to sound-based status moves, and they have an excellent sense of smell which allows them to track opponents and tell the real clone in a Double Team. Granbull's biting attacks are 1.2x more powerful.
I don't think there's any reason to make the latter three Pokemon extraordinarily susceptible to confusion; I understand the intent of the line, but it should really be changed to just "anger" to avoid potential confusion. Additionally, it should be clarified in each SC that said rage can be written out via bio, as in the case of Mankey/Primeape berserk stuff.

Also, throwing this out there, why isn't Gyarados susceptible to anger as well?

Quote:
Gyarados (Water/Flying): Gyarados are terrifying and their fear based attacks are much more effective than normal. Gyarados are equally at home on land or in the water. They are not particularly agile in either medium despite their Flying typing, however. They can see in the dark. Their incredible jaw strength gives them a 20% boost to their biting attacks. In its Mega Forme, Gyarados becomes Water/Dark typed. Its appearance gives off an extremely intimidating aura, causing smaller and more timid Pokémon to cower, reducing the willingness of its foes to attack, as well as giving it the ability to intimidate Pokémon who would normally hold a resistance.

PASBL Stats

TL 4 (35-21-6)
Observe. Adapt. Evolve.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries