UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries

Old 08-08-2016, 12:33 PM   #101
Snorby
Snackin'

Sorry to crush Lugia-smashing dreams, but Mega Absol's "wings" are literally stated in the description of the mega on Pokemon.com to be fur standing on end.

Scroll down to the list of megas and click on Absol to see for yourself.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 01:07 PM   #102
Sneaze
I'm sorry, Talon :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Well then. I concede my point.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:53 PM   #103
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

I was researching Cofagrigus today out of curiosity and I noticed that a certain part of his SC might need a little clarification.

Quote:
Cofagrigus (Ghost): Cofagrigus are composed of minerals and gold in the shape of a coffin which they have possessed, residing within this solid form. Though unable to change forms like other ghosts due to being bound to the coffin, they can close themselves within the coffin, taking 50% damage from all attacks whilst in this state. Their four "hands" move wildly and erratically but have no real substance, staying in the ethereal state by default. They can make their arms solid for short periods of time. They levitate by default. They cannot be poisoned
Since this is a state change similar to the Aegislash lines sheathing ability, would this cost a move, or would we treat it similar to Ditto's first Transform (Doesn't cost a move but costs the time)? And if it does cost a move, could it get the same clarification so it doesn't get abused or anything?
Old 09-01-2016, 11:53 PM   #104
Crys
crysMas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgeorge View Post
I was researching Cofagrigus today out of curiosity and I noticed that a certain part of his SC might need a little clarification.

Since this is a state change similar to the Aegislash lines sheathing ability, would this cost a move, or would we treat it similar to Ditto's first Transform (Doesn't cost a move but costs the time)? And if it does cost a move, could it get the same clarification so it doesn't get abused or anything?
Not sure if I have the authority to post here or not but I honestly don't give a fuck i'm sick to my stomach rn lmao but yeah so having used cofagrigus in the past, it costs a move. However, depending on how you order and if you're smart, you can potentially combo the coffin closing + a move. Like say Close your coffin while you Ominous wind etc.
Crys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 04:34 AM   #105
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Speaking of Cofagrigus, I recall that we nixed Honedge's line being permasolid despite being bound to physical objects. Could we extend this to Cofagrigus? Maybe make it permasolid when it closes the coffin, but otherwise it has ghost states as standard? Let's be fair, Cofagrigus is not that good and this might help it a bit.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Ironthunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 03:59 PM   #106
Kyuu-Tales
Heistin'

Send a message via Skype™ to Kyuu-Tales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crys View Post
Not sure if I have the authority to post here or not but I honestly don't give a fuck i'm sick to my stomach rn lmao but yeah so having used cofagrigus in the past, it costs a move. However, depending on how you order and if you're smart, you can potentially combo the coffin closing + a move. Like say Close your coffin while you Ominous wind etc.
Right! This applies to Yamask as well:

Quote:
Yamask (Ghost): Yamask carry around a mask resembling a human face. The mask is solid, but the rest of Yamask's body is ethereal. Though the mask appears to be a part of them, Yamask are actually only carrying it and it can use it to block small attacks using a move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
Speaking of Cofagrigus, I recall that we nixed Honedge's line being permasolid despite being bound to physical objects. Could we extend this to Cofagrigus? Maybe make it permasolid when it closes the coffin, but otherwise it has ghost states as standard? Let's be fair, Cofagrigus is not that good and this might help it a bit.
Although I am a trainer with hopes of adding Cofagrigus to their squad someday, I have to disagree. Consider Yamask's SC: it's logical that it would be locked in an ethereal state by default when its mask only seems to comprise, say, roughly >40% of the surface area of its body. What's more, its mask is an object removed from Yamask's being. But with Cofagrigus, the vast bulk of its form is in possession of its mineral sarcophagus--a clear indication that ghost and coffin reside within the same physical space simultaneously. How something as dense and voluminous as a sarcophagus could be made to alter its material state is beyond me.

ABYSSAL MADNESS
Walking the Trainer's path since 1997/8
SPPf | BGf
| PASBL Record | TL1 - 0W / 4L / 0D
0 KOs / 9 TP / 0 SP
Referee Grade: D
=Friend Code= 2208 - 5726 - 0181
Pokemon Sun Trainer Name - コウライ | Pokemon Moon Trainer Name - ひょうりん
★いつでも「KON」って行け! 狐が最高★
Kyuu-Tales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 04:38 PM   #107
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Well we let Honedge's entire line do it, it's the last thing in the SC errata thread. They're literally swords, scarves, sheathes and shields. I see no reason why Cofagrigus cannot if they can.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Ironthunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 06:56 PM   #108
Sneaze
I'm sorry, Talon :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Dear people stop arguing about shitty Ghost rules, it makes it so much harder to get new Ghost rules actually passed to be not shitty whenever that gets to be a thing.

That said, yes, Cof really needs a bit more love, it's in no way good and should be given really all the good fun Ghost stuff. But at the same time, it's still perfectly usable in that its defensive SC is fukken hilarious.

That is all.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 04:48 PM   #109
Jerichi
本✚能

So we realize we're not perfect and that we've missed some important details on the new 'mons. We're going to open up the Alola 'mon SCs up to general comments/edits/additions for the next month or so so we can square away anything that might have been omitted.

Thanks!

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 04:52 PM   #110
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Decidueye (Grass/Ghost): As owls, the Rowlet line are the quietest fliers amongst Pokémon, almost inaudible as they fly. Dartrix can see in the dark, but fight with equal enthusiasm at all times of day. They can rotate their heads 180 degrees around, allowing them to see in all directions. They use their leaf-like feathers like arrows, which they issue from their wings. It has a great deal of control over these feathers, and can bend them to take arching trajectories, which increases their accuracy with leaf-based moves, and they are able to fire contact Grass moves as projectiles in this manner. Their bodies are almost entirely solid as Ghost Pokemon, though they can achieve the ethereal state for a few seconds, and they can be poisoned. As starter Pokémon, their Grass-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/3 health

Every bird Pokemon starter has been given flying familiarity and Decidueye even evolves from a Flying type, can we please give it Flying familiarity?

Drampa (Normal/Dragon): Drampa is typically a very calm and gentle Pokémon, making it difficult to enrage. However, they are quite protective of their friends and can be angered by aggression in battle. If its ally hits critical health, it will gain a significant boost to its Special Attack. If it drops below half health, it will receive a similar, slightly less potent boost. Its Dragon Breath is slightly more powerful and also quite forceful, with the same force as a Blizzard.

It learns Fly and is a Dragon, this thing can probably fly to some degree and that should probably be mentioned in the SC. I doubt it would be a good flier though so maybe we mention that in the SC as well since Drampa is already quite strong.
Old 12-26-2016, 04:55 PM   #111
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Dhelmise (Ghost/Grass): Dhelmise are actually possessed seaweed, but their intrinsic connection to the anchor they hold means they will still suffer damage normally should the anchor be stricken. They are familiar with the Steel type, and all their Steel type moves will deal slightly more damage. Dhelmise are almost entirely solid, but can go ethereal for short periods of time. They cannot be poisoned.

Could we have some sort of indication on Movement, whether it is grounded or a levitator?

PASBL Squad l C+ Grade Ref l Grass Gym Trainer

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Well I don't know I wanted to deal damage and Starmie is inorganic :X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Starmie is a starfish, it is not inorganic :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Kush I'm TL1. How am I supposed to know things if you don't tell me them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
It's a starfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Eliteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 01:14 AM   #112
Snorby
Snackin'

Would also suggest that Dhelmise is noted to be impossible to separate from its anchor against its will, so that people can't just Thief the anchor and run away with it to basically cripple the poor thing.

Quote:
Kommo-o (Dragon/Fighting): Kommo-o are very proud and unshakeable Pokémon. It is difficult to discourage these Pokémon from battle. They are covered in thick scales that they can use both defensively and offensively. The scales give them protection from physical projectiles, which deal 20% less damage. Their roaring moves are slightly more effective. They specialize in uppercuts and their Sky Uppercut is 10% more powerful. It's roaring moves are slightly more effective.
Aside from the fact that the roaring bit is repeated twice, it seems a bit... underwhelming for the protection of the scales to only be good against physical projectiles. Perhaps a buffer against projectiles all together, or else physical attacks that aren't projectiles cause recoil a la Rough Skin?

Old 12-27-2016, 02:16 AM   #113
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Salazzle (Poison/Fire): Salazzle releases poisonous gasses from the tip of its tail, as well as its Fire attacks. The gasses it releases have a sweet smell, and are also quite enticing in spite of their toxicity, which will make Pokémon caught in their gaseous moves less likely to react poorly to the attack. Salazzle also can release a strange pheromone when using Attract that is strangely effective on all Pokémon and will Attract them in spite of their physical differences. As their poisons have matured on evolution, they are able to poison Pokemon of the Steel and Poison typing, irrespective of the mechanism.
-the wording on this makes it a lot less fun and strong than it should be, especially with Salazzle's many weaknesses.

It could maybe be poison Any Pokémon? Possibly barring signature resistances against poisoning? And with our new Sig not-LOs in charge over there I wouldn't worry about type change or weakness change sigs making it too strong. Anyway just a thought.

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 12:42 AM   #114
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Minior (Rock/Flying): Minior will enter the battle with a shell of rocky material. This shell grants it an 20% higher defense and a resistance against status attacks, but also restricts its mobility somewhat and slows it down. Once it reaches half health, it will shed the shell, revealing its neon core. Without its shell, it becomes quite agile and fast, losing it's defensive bonuses but being granted a 10% boost to both offensive stats in return

So I think we should outline how Shell Smash would work with Minior. Does it just weaken the outer coating or should we allow it to prematurely break it?
Old 12-30-2016, 05:10 PM   #115
Stealthy
A New and Original Person

Quick pass to fix grammar/spelling/wordiness/copy pasta mistakes. The word also is over used. There's a lot of "more easily" and similar in a lot of the SCs, though for the most part I didn't touch them. Made the they/it issue uniform. It was really bothering me to have things go back and forth within a single SC. Made a few notes where I thought clarity or fixes were needed.

New Pokemon

Rowlet (Grass/Flying): As owls, the Rowlet line are the quietest fliers among Pokémon, and are almost inaudible as they fly. Rowlet can see in the dark, but fight with equal enthusiasm at all times of day. They can rotate their heads 180 degrees around, allowing them to look in all directions. As starter Pokémon, their Grass-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/3 health.

Dartrix (Grass/Flying): As owls, the Rowlet line are the quietest fliers among Pokémon, and are almost inaudible as they fly. Dartrix can see in the dark, but fight with equal enthusiasm at all times of day. They can rotate their heads 180 degrees around, allowing them to look in all directions. They use their leaf-like feathers like darts, which they fire from their wings. They have a great deal of control over these feathers, and can bend them into arcing trajectories, which increases their accuracy with leaf-based moves. As starter Pokémon, their Grass-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/3 health.

Decidueye (Grass/Ghost): As owls, the Rowlet line are the quietest fliers among Pokémon, and are almost inaudible as they fly. Decidueye can see in the dark, but fight with equal enthusiasm at all times of day. They can rotate their heads 180 degrees around, allowing them to look in all directions. They use their leaf-like feathers like arrows, which they issue from their wings. They have a great deal of control over these feathers, and can bend them to take arcing trajectories, which increases their accuracy with leaf-based moves. They are able to fire contact Grass moves as projectiles in this manner. Their bodies are almost entirely solid as Ghost Pokemon, though they can achieve the ethereal state for a few seconds, and they can be poisoned. As starter Pokémon, their Grass-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/3 health

Litten (Fire): Litten fuel their flame attacks partly through burning the fur it sheds from its body. This allows them to use weaker Fire moves at an increased speed. Being Pokemon accustomed to solitude, they are less easily swayed by emotional displays such as Charm or Fake Tears. As starter Pokémon, their Fire-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/3 health.

Torracat (Fire): When Torracat use Fire type attacks, the bell at their throat will ring. This can cause Pokemon to become slightly distracted at first, but foes will quickly become accustomed to it during the match. Torracat have exceptionally powerful forelimbs, and any attacks using them will be boosted by 10%. As starter Pokémon, their Fire-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/3 health.

Incineroar (Fire/Dark): Incineroar are violently destructive, making them more susceptible to rage inducing moves but granting a more potent boost to attack when they succumb to rage. In addition, their arms are overwhelmingly powerful, granting a 20% boost to all moves used with them. Being unable to properly regulate their strength, Incineroar will cause more knock back with their physical moves than other Pokemon. As starter Pokémon, their Fire-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/3 health.

Popplio (Water): Popplio are an acrobatic Pokémon, both on land and in the water. They favor swimming and are agile and fast in water, but their movement on land, while not terribly fast, is still fairly agile. Popplio can form large bubbles that are more stable than average, which they can use to bounce into the air to move about or evade attacks, costing a move to do so. Their bubble-based attacks are 10% more potent and will more readily break through screens or other attacks due to their increased durability. As starter Pokémon, their Water-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/3 health.

Brionne (Water): Brionne are acrobatic Pokémon, both on land and in the water. They favor swimming and are agile and fast in water, but their movement on land, while not terribly fast, is still fairly agile. Brionne can form large bubbles that are more stable than average, which they can use to bounce into the air to move about or evade attacks, costing a move to do so. Their bubble-based attacks are 10% more potent and will more readily break through screens or other attacks due to their increased durability. Brionne are also very dramatic, making moves such as Disarming Voice more likely to cause the opponent to falter. As starter Pokémon, their Water-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/3 health.

Primarina (Water/Fairy): Primarina, while not as acrobatic as their previous evolutions, are still agile, nimble in water, and adept at moving on land. They can no longer form bubbles sturdy enough to take their weight, but their voice has developed fully. This makes their sound moves more potent, granting a 20% boost to damage and allowing Sing to work with a quicker than usual. Primarina may also charge their Normal typed sound moves with Water energy, causing them to deal Water type damage. As starter Pokémon, their Water-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/3 health.

Pikipek: (Normal/Flying): Pikipek have long, narrow beaks adapted for boring holes in wood. Their pecking attacks are 10% more effective than those of other Pokémon. They also store seeds in their beak, making their Bullet Seed attack deal slightly more damage.

Trumbeak (Normal/Flying): Trumbeak's beak is long and thin, though the tip is rather flexible. They are able to fire projectiles at a high speed using their beak, making any projectile moves used from their beak more accurate and charge quicker. They also store seeds in their beak, making their Bullet Seed attack deal slightly more damage.

Toucannon (Normal/Flying): During battle, Toucannon's beak fills with gas, allowing them to fire projectiles at a high speed using its beak, making any projectile moves used from their beak more accurate and charge quicker. Their Bullet Seed, Fury Attack and Rock Blast attacks are slightly more powerful, create a greater number of projectiles, and are fired with greater precision and accuracy.

Yungoos (Normal): Yungoos have extremely strong jaws. This gives them a 10% boost to biting attacks. They are extremely patient Pokémon and will generally be able to outlast foes in standoffs and stalemates. This nature also allows them to more easily see through trickery and deception. Their Revenge and Payback attacks use slightly less energy than normal.

Gumshoos (Normal): Gumshoos have extremely strong jaws. This gives them a 20% boost to biting attacks. They are extremely patient Pokémon and will generally be able to outlast foes in standoffs and stalemates. This nature also allows them to more easily see through trickery and deception. They are capable of standing very still, making them very adept hiders. Their Revenge and Payback attacks use slightly less energy than normal.

Grubbin (Bug): Grubin have powerful jaws, which they can use for digging. Their biting attacks are 10% stronger than normal. They also have an attraction to electricity and are familiar with Electrical energy.

Charjabug (Bug/Electric): Charjabug have powerful jaws, which they can use for digging. Their biting attacks are 10% stronger than normal. They hold a constant Charge, making their Electric attacks slightly faster and more powerful than average. Using a move, they can discharge some of this pent up energy, giving allies a boost to their Special Attack.

Vikavolt (Bug/Electric): Vikavolt are fast fliers, though not particularly agile. Though they can make quick aerial maneuvers such as flips and banks, they take wide turns and cannot easily reverse. Vikavolt have powerful jaws, which they can use for digging. Their biting attacks are 20% stronger than normal. They hold a constant Charge, making their Electric attacks slightly faster and more powerful than average. They can also use a move to sap good Electric energy from an ally to slightly improve the power of their next Electric move, and restore good energy.

Crabrawler (Fighting): Crabrawler constantly hold a guard when not attacking, reducing incoming physical damage by 10%. In addition, their punching moves are slightly faster than normal and deal 10% extra damage.

Crabominable (Fighting/Ice): Crabominable have incredibly powerful arms, granting them a 20% boost to punching attacks. They may use their arms as a rocket to use physical moves at distance, but their arms take a round to regrow. Their sturdy carapaces will reduce physical damage by 10%.

Oricorio [Baile] (Fire/Flying): Oricorio are extremely skilled dancers that have adapted to conditions on the islands from which they hail. All dancing moves they perform are more potent and deal 10% more damage. The Baile Style Oricorio specializes in fiery, passionate dances. Their movements are quite snappy and sharp, making them somewhat unpredictable. While they are slightly easier to anger, they also receive greater boost to their attack when angered.

Oricorio [Pom-Pom] (Electric/Flying): Oricorio are extremely skilled dancers that have adapted to conditions on the islands from which they hail. All dancing moves they perform are more potent and deal 10% more damage. The Pom-Pom Style Oricorio brim with enthusiasm and are difficult to discourage. Both they and any allies will fight enthusiastically in spite of their surroundings, and their Helping Hand imparts a slightly more potent boost.

Oricorio [Pa'u] (Psychic/Flying): Oricorio are extremely skilled dancers that have adapted to conditions on the islands from which they hail. All dancing moves they perform are more potent and deal 10% more damage. The Pa'u Style Oricorio dance rhythmically and slowly, with an entrancing series of movements. These movements make distraction, deception, and hypnotic moves more effective. While dancing, it is very hard to break their concentration.

Oricorio [Sensu] (Ghost/Flying): Oricorio are extremely skilled dancers that have adapted to conditions on the islands from which they hail. All dancing moves they perform are more potent and deal 10% more damage. Sensu Style Oricorio are not Ghosts in the traditional sense and cannot change state. They borrow the power of spirits to fuel their dances and attacks, empowering curse moves and making opponents more likely to flinch. They move very carefully and methodically, and are impossible to anger.

Cutiefly (Bug/Fairy): Cutiefly are very small Pokémon, both some of the smallest and lightest Pokémon in existence. As such, their physical attacks are somewhat weakened. However, they are agile and fairly fast for their size, and can avoid attacks with greater ease. They are also highly sensitive to the energies and auras of other Pokémon, giving them a constant ability to detect the presence and location of their foes. Due to spending so much time around flowers, their Sweet Scent attack is much more potent, inducing a more profound slowed reaction in the opponent.

Ribombee (Bug/Fairy): Ribombee are slightly larger than their unevolved form but still significantly smaller than most Pokémon. As such, their physical attacks are slightly weakened. However, they are agile and fairly fast for their size, and can avoid attacks with greater ease. They are also highly sensitive to the energies and auras of other Pokémon, giving them a constant ability to detect the presence and location of their foes. Due to spending so much time around flowers, their Sweet Scent attack is much more potent, inducing a more profound slowed reaction in the opponent. Ribombee's body is covered in pollen that they can gather up and use in Pollen Balls. Using a move and good energy, they can gather a Pollen Ball and chuck it at a foe, causing an allergic reaction similar to Cotton Spore for foes and a 20% chance of paralysis. If used on an ally, it will reset their mental state, and can shock them from sleep or drowsiness.

Rockruff (Rock): Rockruff are very loyal Pokémon. They are more likely to follow orders of their trainers, even if they consider such orders questionable. They are also quite tenacious and hard to discourage, fighting with increased enthusiasm at night, particularly when the moon is visible. Their howling attacks are more effective than normal.

Lycanroc [Midday] (Rock): Under the influence of the sun, Rockruff evolve into Lycanroc's midday form. As they have formed a strong bond with their trainer, they are more likely to follow orders of their trainers, even if they consider such orders questionable. They are slightly more fast and agile than their Midnight counterparts, but not as aggressive. Their tenacity to do battle no matter what means they are less likely to be flinched out of using their moves. Their Howl and Roar moves are more effective.

Lycanroc [Midnight] (Rock): Under the influence of the moon, Rockruff evolve into Lycanroc's midnight form. This form is more wild and aggressive than the midday counterpart, and their rage-based attacks are more effective. However, they are not as fast an agile as the Midday form. They also gain a slightly higher boost to attack when enraged by moves such as Taunt or Swagger. Their hot blooded nature means they are less likely to be lulled to sleep during battle. Their Howl and Roar moves are more effective.

Wishiwashi (Water): Upon being sent into battle, Wishiwashi will immediately change into the School form if they are least level 2. In this form, all of their Water type attacks become significantly more powerful, and deal an extra 20% more damage. In addition, Wishiwashi will constantly exude an overpowering aura of fear when in this form, easily intimidating smaller Pokemon. When Wishiwashi reach their final third, they will revert to it's Minnow form. In this form, Wishiwashi becomes much faster, and due to their smaller size, becomes incredibly adept at hiding from the opponent

Mareanie (Water/Poison): Mareanie are slow moving Pokemon; preferring to walk along the bottom of the water rather than actively swim. They are able to swim, but are not very proficient, and will easily be overpowered by currents. Mareanie have particularly powerful toxins stored within their body, which allow their Poison type attacks to deal an extra 10% damage to poisoned Pokemon. They are also rather sturdy, taking 10% less damage from physical blows.

Toxapex (Water/Poison): Toxapex are slow moving Pokemon, preferring to walk along the bottom of the water rather than actively swim. They are able to swim, but are not very proficient, and will easily be overpowered by currents. Toxapex have particularly powerful toxins stored within their body, which allow their Poison type attacks to deal an extra 20% damage to poisoned Pokemon. They are also rather sturdy, taking 10% less damage from physical blows.

Mudbray (Ground): As a pack animal, Mudbray are deceptively strong, in spite of their small frame. They can bear significant weight and are surefooted, making them hard to knock over or crush. Their hoof based moves deal 10% more damage. They can also hold and push up to three times its weight.

Mudsdale (Ground): As a draft horse, Mudsdale are extremely strong and quite heavy. In spite of their immense strength and weight, they are also powerful runners. However, they take some time to build up speed due to the significant amount of dried mud that cakes their hooves and body. The coating of mud on their hooves make all moves involving their hooves deal 20% more damage. Their stalwart disposition means they take 10% less damage from physical attacks.

Dewpider (Water/Bug): Dewpider are adept at moving both on land and in water, being able to propel themselves with their bubble when submerged. Their Water type attacks are amplified by the watery bubble surrounding their body, dealing an additional 10% damage. In addition, this barrier will slightly reduce the power of incoming Fire moves.

Araquanid (Water/Bug): Araquanid are adept at moving both on land and in water, being able to propel themselves with their bubble when submerged. Their Water type attacks are amplified by the watery bubble surrounding their body, dealing an additional 20% damage. In addition, this barrier will significantly reduce the power of incoming Fire moves.

Fomantis (Grass): Despite being a Grass Pokémon, Fomantis are largely nocturnal, preferring to spend their days absorbing sunlight and standing still. As such, they fight quite enthusiastically at night. Because they spend all day storing solar energy, they can use solar-based attacks in any conditions, including indoors, at night, and in the dark. However, using these moves in conditions where the sun is not present will exhaust them slightly more than usual.

Lurantis (Grass): Despite being a Grass Pokémon, Lurantis is largely nocturnal, preferring to spend their days absorbing sunlight and standing still. As such, they fight quite enthusiastically at night. Because they spend all day storing solar energy, they can use solar-based attacks in any conditions, including indoors, at night, and in the dark. However, using these moves in conditions where the sun is not present will wind them slightly more than average. Their sickle-like petals give it a 20% boost to slashing attacks.

Morelull (Grass/Fairy): Morelull give off a constant glow which pulses hypnotically. This glow is generally fairly faint but can be intensified and used to illuminate dark areas for no energy. The light is also soothing, making them rather adept at putting foes to sleep. Their powder based attacks are more potent.

Shiinotic (Grass/Fairy): Shiinotic give off a constant glow which pulses hypnotically. This glow is generally fairly faint but can be intensified and used to illuminate dark areas for no energy. The light is also soothing, making them rather adept at putting foes to sleep. Alternatively, using a move, Shiinotic may pulsate this light erratically, causing foes to become confused. Their powder based attacks are more potent.

Salandlit (Poison/Fire): Sandalit release poisonous gases and their Fire attacks from the tip of their tail. The gases they release have a sweet smell, and are quite enticing in spite of their toxicity. Pokémon caught in their gaseous moves less likely to react poorly to the attack. Salandit also can release a strange pheromone when using Attract that is strangely effective on all Pokémon and will Attract them in spite of their physical differences.

Question: React poorly? Is that a nerf? Clarify this.

Salazzle (Poison/Fire): Salazzle release poisonous gases and their Fire attacks from the tip of their tail. The gases they release have a sweet smell, and are quite enticing in spite of their toxicity. Pokémon caught in their gaseous moves less likely to react poorly to the attack. Salazzle release an odd pheromone when using Attract that is strangely effective on all Pokémon and will Attract them in spite of their physical differences. As their poisons have matured with evolution, they are able to poison Steel and Poison type Pokemon as easily as any other type.

Stufful (Normal/Fighting): Stufful possess overwhelming strength that they cannot always control. They are quite friendly and jovial, but can be very aggressive if angered. Their grappling attacks are quite powerful, doing 10% more damage than average, and are difficult to break free from. Their fluffy fur give them a slight boost to defense, but they are slightly more vulnerable to Fire attacks as a consequence.

Beware (Normal/Fighting): Bewear possess overwhelming strength that they cannot always control. They are quite friendly and jovial, but can be very aggressive if angered. Their grappling attacks are quite powerful, doing 20% more damage than average, and are difficult to break free from. Their fluffy fur give them a significant boost to defense, but they are slightly more vulnerable to Fire attacks as a consequence.

Bounsweet (Grass): Bounsweet release a sweet, calming scent from their body. This scent calms Pokémon within 3 feet of them, lowering their Defense. They moves primarily by bouncing, and their light frame can cause them to get caught in drafts of wind.

Steenee (Grass): Steenee release a sweet, calming scent from their body. This scent calms Pokémon within 5 feet of them, lowering their Defense. Steenee have developed legs that are relatively powerful despite their small stature, granting them a 10% boost to kicking moves.

Tsareena (Grass): Tsareena release a sweet, calming scent from their body. This scent calms Pokémon within 10 feet of them, lowering their Defense. Tsareena have long, graceful legs that they use to move in a dance-like fashion, making them quite agile. These legs have a powerful kick, granting them a 20% boost to kicking moves.

Comfey (Fairy): Comfey carry around a lei made from flowers they have scavenged. These flowers secrete oils that can be used effectively as salves and cure-alls, making healing moves more potent and effective. Healing moves used by Comfey will be more effective and will activate much faster than normal. Comfey move primarily by levitating, and while not exceptionally fast or agile, they can move with decent ability. The flowers also allow Comfey to use Grass moves as if they were a Grass-type.

Oranguru (Normal/Psychic): Oranguru are extremely focused Pokémon - it is nearly impossible to break their focus. The fan they hold allows them to project their mental energy more easily, boosting their mentality affecting moves. The fan also allows them a greater degree of control over their Psychic type moves, making them more accurate than normal.

Passimian (Fighting): Passimian are skilled with balls and other similar objects. They will enter battle with a large, coconut-like berry, which they can use to Fling for significant Fighting-type damage and energy. Their form is impeccable, and they will almost always be able to catch or otherwise retrieve their berry after they throw it. They have incredible accuracy when throwing objects. They can channel energy into their berry, allowing them to use Ball attacks as physical projectiles.

Wimpod (Bug/Water): Wimpod are very skittish Pokémon, and will often run at the first sign of danger. When they drop under half health, they will become more evasive and a little more agile, but are much easier to frighten. Their tendency to eat even rotten food has left them with a slight resistance to being poisoned.

Golisopod (Bug/Water): Despite their more threatening appearance, Golisopod are very skittish Pokémon, and will often run at the first sign of danger. When they drop under half health, they will become more evasive and a little more agile, but are much easier to frighten. Moves using their well-developed claws deal an extra 20% damage.

Sandygast (Ghost/Ground): Sandygast are sand animated by a spirit. Due to this, in arenas without sand, they are fairly immobile, but can gather up the contents of their body to crawl around if needed. In sandy arenas, they can "swim" in the sand by moving their spirit and shovel around in the sand. While they cannot go under the surface for more than a few moments, they can more easily move about and make surprise attacks. They can expand their gaping, tunnel-like mouth to "dodge" attacks using a move. Since their body is made of loose sand, they have some unique properties. For one, they can fuel a sandstorm by spinning their shovel and using the sand from their body with minimal effort. When hit by Water attacks or otherwise made wet, their defense will be slightly boosted. Finally, they can create trap-style Sand Tombs by using their body, though this makes them slightly more vulnerable. As a Ghost type, they can go ethereal for a few seconds, and are unable to be poisoned.

Palossand (Ghost/Ground): Palossand are sand animated by a spirit. Due to this, in arenas without sand, they are fairly immobile (though they can crawl around more easily than Sandygast using their towers as arms), but they can gather up the contents of their body to crawl around if needed. In sandy arenas, they can "swim" in the sand by moving their spirit and shovel around in the sand. While they cannot go under the surface for more than a few moments, they can more easily move about and make surprise attacks. They can expand their gaping, tunnel-like mouth to "dodge" attacks using a move. Since their body is made of loose sand, they have some unique properties. For one, they can fuel a sandstorm by spinning its shovel and using the sand from its body with minimal effort. Their sandstorms are harder to dispel by Pokemon other than Castform. When hit by a Water attack or otherwise made wet, their defense will be boosted significantly. Finally, they can create trap-style Sand Tombs by using their body, though this makes them slightly more vulnerable. As a Ghost type, they can go ethereal for a few seconds, and are unable to be poisoned.

Pyukumuku (Water): Pyukumuku are rather slow, only being able to move by crawling. Their intense mental fortitude means they are resistant to pain and difficult to interrupt, and are immune to Taunt and Torment. When they faint, Pyukumuku will launch a final, desperate attack, spewing their innards forward to land a devastating blow to the foe. This will deal Extreme damage, and will ignore all type modifiers. The stricken foe will be slightly sluggish to react in the following turn due to the disgusting nature of this.

Type: Null (Normal): Type: Null are a strange, chimeric Pokémon created using the traits of multiple Pokémon. They wear a mysterious helmet around their head, which grants them a slight boost to defense and special defense. However, they are not particularly speedy or agile as a consequence.

Silvally (Normal): Silvally are the fully realized form of Type: Null, shedding their helmet once they meet a trainer they trust. When given a certain set of tokens, their type will change. Their signature attack, Multi-Attack, will be the type that they become. The token they hold cannot be stolen or Tricked from Silvally and they cannot Fling or otherwise get rid of its token. Despite taking on different typing, Silvally will not benefit from the full Species Characteristic of that type due to their unstable nature, although they will have infinite type energy of their new primary typing. Silvally are quite fast and agile, and are fast swimmers. While they cannot properly "fly", they can jump very high and even higher in the Flying form.

Minior (Rock/Flying): Minior will enter the battle with a shell of rocky material. This shell grants them 20% higher defense and a resistance against status attacks, but also restricts their mobility somewhat and slows them down. Once they reach half health, they will shed the shell, revealing their neon core. Without their shell, they become quite agile and fast, losing their defensive bonuses but being granted a 10% boost to both offensive stats in return.

Komala (Normal): Komala are constantly in a state of lucid sleep but, much like Abra, are responsive when battling in spite of their seemingly catatonic state. Unlike Abra, however, they are vulnerable to being put entirely to sleep, but benefit from a resistance to other statuses, including mental. They cling to a "log pillow", given to them at birth. This log can be used in attacks. If they are separated from the log, they will fight tenaciously until it is returned, This increases their attack temporarily at the cost of being less willing to use defensive techniques.

Turtonator (Fire/Dragon): Turtonator shells are made from highly volatile substances. If they back of the shell is struck directly with an attack, then it will cause a small explosion and deal minor recoil to the foe, and knock them back with decent force. The shell also provides protection against physical attacks, lowering them by 20%. However, physical attacks that hit its vulnerable underside will deal 10% extra damage.

Togedemaru (Electric/Steel): Togedemaru are covered in thick, bristly, steel-like needles. Normally, their needles are held close in to their body, making them extremely round and adept at rolling, but upon using an Electric attack or when ordered to do so, their needles will stand on end, causing slight recoil to any foes who hit them with an attack that makes direct contact. Electric attacks are slightly drawn to them.

Mimikyu (Ghost/Fairy): Mimikyu are shy and lonely Pokémon. They wear a disguise to hide their true form. This disguise acts as a decoy. Once a battle, they can use a move to absorb a single attack without damage, after which the decoy will collapse. Their claw based attacks deal an extra 10% damage. Mimikyu can see in the dark and fights more enthusiastically at night. They are excellent at hiding. They can be poisoned.

Bruxish (Water/Psychic): Bruxish, despite their garish appearance, are rather good at hiding. They can bury themselves in sand using a move and use the protuberance on their head to detect their foes with their psychic abilities. They have very strong jaws that give them a 20% boost to biting attacks. Using a move, they can gnash their teeth loudly, which irritates those who hear it and can distract foes similar to Screech.

Drampa (Normal/Dragon): Drampa are typically very calm and gentle Pokémon, making them difficult to enrage. However, they are quite protective of their friends and can be angered by aggression in battle. If an ally hits critical health, they will gain a significant boost to their Special Attack. If the ally drops below half health, they will receive a similar, slightly less potent boost. Their Dragon Breath is slightly more powerful and also quite forceful, with the same force as a Blizzard.

Dhelmise (Ghost/Grass): Dhelmise are actually possessed seaweed, but their intrinsic connection to the anchor they hold means they will still suffer damage normally should the anchor be hit. They are familiar with the Steel type, and all their Steel type moves will deal slightly more damage. Dhelmise are almost entirely solid, but can go ethereal for short periods of time. They cannot be poisoned.

Jangmo-o (Dragon): Jangmo-o are very proud and unshakeable Pokémon. It is difficult to discourage them from battle. They are covered in thick scales that they use both defensively and offensively. The scales give them protection from physical projectiles, which deal 10% less damage.

Hakamo-o (Dragon/Fighting): Hakamo-o are very proud and unshakeable Pokémon. It is difficult to discourage them from battle. They are covered in thick scales that they use both defensively and offensively. The scales give them protection from physical projectiles, which deal 10% less damage. Their roaring moves are slightly more effective.

Kommo-o (Dragon/Fighting): Kommo-o are very proud and unshakeable Pokémon. It is difficult to discourage them from battle. They are covered in thick scales that they use both defensively and offensively. The scales give them protection from physical projectiles, which deal 20% less damage. They specialize in uppercuts and their Sky Uppercut is 10% more powerful. Their roaring moves are slightly more effective.

Alolan Formes

Rattata [Alola] (Dark/Normal): Rattata's biting attacks are 1.1x more powerful than usual. Their hearing is more sensitive than normal at the expense of being more vulnerable to sound-based status moves. They have an excellent sense of smell which allows them to track opponents and tell the real clone in a Double Team. They can also see in the dark. Alolan Rattata are more adapted to living in urban environments and as a consequence, are adept at hiding. This extends to being able to mask their scent, making their Double Team much more convincing.

Raticate [Alola] (Dark/Normal): Raticate in Alola have become rather hefty due to a higher calorie urban diet. While they are slower than normal Raticate, they are harder to knock around. Raticate's whiskers give them better balance than most Pokémon. However, if they are cut off, it will slow their speed and agility. Raticate's biting attacks are 1.2x more powerful than usual. Their hearing is more sensitive than normal at the expense of being more vulnerable to sound-based status moves. They have an excellent sense of smell which allows them to track opponents and tell the real clone in a Double Team. They can also see in the dark. Alolan Raticate are more adapted to living in urban environments and as a consequence, are adept at hiding. This extends to being able to mask their scent, making their Double Team much more convincing.

Raichu [Alola] (Electric/Psychic): The mysterious influence of Alola has turned Raichu into a strange psychic Pokémon. Alolan Raichu constantly levitate, using their tail like a hoverboard. They are fairly agile when they float, and will always remount they fall off, though this will occur rarely due to their extremely keen balance. Their cheeks release a sweet scent that lowers the defense of any Pokemon within 5 feet. Raichu have sensitive hearing, at the expense of being more vulnerable to sound-based status techniques like Supersonic. They cannot use Fly or Pain Split.

Sandshrew [Alola] (Ice/Steel): Alolan Sandshrew have adapted to a frigid, mountainous climate. In this state, they can no longer curl into a ball like wild-type Sandshrew due to the rigidity of their icy shell. However, their shell grants them a 10% Defense boost. Their claws have adapted to navigating icy climates, so they are quite surefooted and can walk easily on slippery or uneven surfaces. These developed claws also boost their claw based attacks by 10%. Sandshrew can see in the dark.

Sandslash [Alola] (Ice/Steel): Alolan Sandslash have adapted to a frigid, mountainous climate. Their spines have been replaced with large, hardened icicles. This prevents them from curling into a ball like wild-type Sandslash. However, their shell grants them a 20% Defense boost. Their claws have adapted to navigating icy climates, so they are quite surefooted and can walk easily on slippery or uneven surfaces. Sandslash have powerful claws, boosting claw based attacks by 20%. Sandslash can see in the dark.

Vulpix [Alola] (Ice): Alolan Vulpix are not too dissimilar from their wild-type counterparts - they are equally adept at manipulating ice and cold as wild-type Vulpix are at manipulating fire and heat. As foxes, their deception based attacks are slightly more potent. Their Confuse Ray is more effective and their Double Team produces one additional copy. Vulpix have sensitive hearing, at the expense of greater vulnerability to sound based status attacks. Owing to their physical beauty, attacks like Attract are more effective than normal.

Ninetales [Alola] (Ice/Fairy): Unlike their earlier form, Alolan Ninetales does differ from wild-type Ninetales in some aspects. They are more adept with ice than their counterpart is with fire. They can generate ice spontaneously from their body, making their Ice attacks fire quicker. Using a move, they can form a block of ice for good energy to defend against an attack. As foxes, their deception based attacks are significantly more potent. Their Confuse Ray is more effective and their Double Team produces one additional copy. Ninetales have sensitive hearing, at the expense of greater vulnerability to sound based status attacks. Owing to their physical beauty, attacks like Attract are more effective than normal.

Diglett [Alola] (Ground/Steel): Alolan Diglett look almost identical to wild-type Diglett, with the main difference being the protruding strands of golden hair atop their head. These allow them to locate Pokemon while they are underground, giving them a profound field of view. While Diglett can fight on the ground, they prefer not to, as they are more comfortable with digging. If on ground they can't Dig though, they will stand above it. Diglett can quickly duck back into their hole to dodge an attack, provided that they see the attack coming. However, doing so makes them vulnerable to special attacks and water being blasted down their hole. Diglett can see in the dark.

Dugtrio [Alola] (Ground/Steel): Alolan Dugtrio look almost identical to wild-type Dugtrio, with the main difference being the golden hair atop their head. Their hair is particularly resilient after evolving, and will resist physical damage by 20%. Their hair allows them to locate Pokemon while they are underground, giving them a profound field of view. Dugtrio share a linked mind, just like Dodrio do. Thus, a Dugtrio member cannot be surprised unless they all are. Any of the heads can be used to attack, both physically and specially, and their Tri Attack is more powerful than normal. Anatomically, with the exception of the heads, Dugtrio look almost exactly like a group of moles. While Dugtrio can fight on the ground, they prefer not to, as they are more comfortable with digging. If on ground they can't Dig through, they will stand above it. Dugtrio can quickly duck back into their hole to dodge an attack if ordered to do so, provided that they see the attack coming. However, doing so makes them vulnerable to special attacks and water being blasted down their hole. Dugtrio can see in the dark.

Meowth [Alola] (Dark): Alolan Meowth are incredibly prideful, and will fall under the influence of rage inducing moves much easier. However, they are much more crafty than their wild-type counterparts, and their deception and trickery techniques will be more potent. Meowth can see in the dark, and are well adapted to moving silently. They are able climbers and have excellent poise and balance. As a cat, they will usually land on their feet, and can slip through gaps that might seem too thin at first glance with little drop in speed. Meowth's Payday attack produces more coins and does more damage than normal.

Persian [Alola] (Dark): Alolan Persian is a proud Pokémon and thus more susceptible to moves that induce anger. Their incredibly thick coats leave them with a profound resistance to physical attacks, reducing damage taken from them by 20%. They are much more crafty than their wild-type counterparts, and their deception and trickery techniques will be more potent. Persian can see in the dark, and are well adapted to moving silently. They are able climbers and have excellent poise and balance. As a cat, they will usually land on their feet, and can slip through gaps that might seem too thin at first glance with little drop in speed. A Persian's Payday attack produces more coins and does more damage than normal.

Geodude [Alola] (Rock/Electric): Alolan Geodude have developed an intense magnetic field, which will slightly slow all Steel type Pokemon in the arena. Geodude have the greatest variety of locomotion options amongst the Geodude family. They are capable of rolling, walking on their hands, or levitating, though they cannot hover very high and move quite slowly in this way. Geodude can see in the dark. Their Defense Curl will give them much more protection than most Pokémon. Geodude may disguise themselves as a normal boulder by rolling up, an effective hiding method against many Pokémon. When performing XX or NO moves, Alolan Geodude can cloak them in an aura of Electric energy, causing them to become Electric typed.

Graveler [Alola] (Rock/Electric): Alolan Graveler have developed an intense magnetic field, which will slightly slow all Steel type Pokemon in the arena. Using a move, they can clash the crystals growing on their body together, creating a brief but intense flash of light. Graveler lack the diversity of movement options and the toughness of Golem, however, they are the fastest and most agile of the Geodude family. Graveler have a small pair of extra hands near their chests that they can use for grappling or close-range attacks, but these hands are not particularly dexterous. Graveler can see in the dark. Their Defense Curl will give them much more protection than most Pokémon. When performing XX or NO moves, Alolan Graveler may choose to cloak them in an aura of Electric energy, causing them to become Electric typed.

Golem [Alola] (Rock/Electric): Alolan Golem have developed an intense magnetic field, which will slightly slow all Steel type Pokemon in the arena. The most drastically changed of the Geodude line, Alolan Golem have grown a large, electric construct on their back. Electric attacks fired from this protrusion have an additional 10% chance to induce paralysis. Golem have extremely hard shells and take only 80% damage from physical attacks. However, they are weighted down by their girth, and are the slowest of all the Geodude family. Due to the awkward shape of their body, Alolan Golem are no longer as adept at using Rollout, though can still perform the move adequately. Their Defense Curl attack will give them much more protection than most Pokémon. In addition, when performing XX or NO moves, Alolan Golem can cloak the attacks in an aura of Electric energy, causing them to become Electric typed.

Grimer [Alola] (Poison/Dark): Alolan Grimer were imported to Alola to act as a method of disposing of unwanted trash. As a consequence, Alolan Grimer have absorbed some of the chemicals from the trash they have consumed. Their biting attacks have a 10% chance of poisoning due to the highly toxic nature of their "teeth". Grimer are made up of poisonous substances made of liquid slime. Thus, toxic or polluted chemicals heal them instead of harm them. The same is true for poison attacks. Grimer can see in the dark. They are also very flexible, and can fit through gaps that most Pokémon of their size couldn't. Their bodies absorb physical blows, and physical projectiles, making all attacks in these manners 80% effective. However, as the slime is liquidized, they take slightly more damage from electric attacks.

Muk [Alola] (Poison/Dark): Alolan Muk were imported to Alola to act as a method of disposing of unwanted trash. As a consequence, Alolan Muk have absorbed some of the chemicals from the trash they have consumed. Attacks using their hands or biting have a 20% chance of poisoning due to the highly toxic nature of their "teeth" and "claws". Muk are made up of poisonous substances made of liquid slime. Thus, toxic or polluted chemicals heal them instead of harm them. The same is true for poison attacks. Muk can see in the dark. Muk also leave poison in their path, poisoning the ground and leaving a substance that can cause minor poisoning to Pokémon if they come in contact with it. They are also very flexible, and can fit through gaps that most Pokémon of their size couldn't. Their bodies absorb physical blows, and physical projectiles, making all attacks in these manners 80% effective. However, as the slime is liquidized, they take slightly more damage from electric attacks.

Exeggutor [Alola] (Grass/Dragon): Alolan Exeggutor are extremely tall. Their necks extend over 30 feet in the air. Their trunks are quite flexible and they can use their neck as a whip. In addition to the three heads on the trunk, they have a fourth head on their tail. This head controls the tail independently of the rest of the Pokémon's body, allowing Alolan Exeggutor to perform two attacks simultaneously with the body and the tail. This also makes Alolan Exeggutor harder to put entirely to sleep. Despite having lost their Psychic typing, Alolan Exeggutor are still familiar with Psychic energy. An Exeggutor literally has eyes everywhere: it is impossible to surprise them from behind, and with the increased height of Alolan Exeggutor and the additional head, they have an even greater line of sight. Most of their attacks can hit an opponent no matter which direction they are 'facing'. For Rollout, Exeggutor will drop one of its 'heads' to attack. While the head is using a Rollout, Exeggutor loses the abilities of that particular head. When done with Rollout, the head will Teleport back to the Exeggutor and reconnect for minor energy. An Exeggutor is considered to be knocked out when its body is, as the heads will all faint when the body does.

Marowak [Alola] (Fire/Ghost): Alolan Marowak have developed special skills to combat their foes. While they are not Ghosts in the traditional sense, they can channel spiritual power much like true Ghosts. If another Pokémon makes contact with them using a move, there is a 20% chance that that move will be disabled for a period of three rounds. They cannot go into the ethereal state. Marowak's face is covered by a skull, which they will not remove willingly. Marowak may not use their respective bone attacks if they are not holding their bone, but attacks using their bone will deal x1.2 damage. Marowak are skilled and aggressive combatants, and will tire slightly slower than other Pokémon as a consequence. Their Skull Bash attack takes slightly less energy than normal to use. Marowak can see in the dark.

Add a limit on the number of moves that can be disabled.

Legendary Pokemon

Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy): Tapu Koko is a fast and agile flier, and is able to fly as well as any Flying type. When brought into battle, it will immediately create an Electric Terrain without using any energy, and will receive the benefits even when not in contact with the ground. Storing lightning within its body leaves it with a permanent Charge boost. Tapu Koko is easy to anger, and is more susceptible to rage inducing moves, but will gain a larger attack boost as a consequence.

Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy): Tapu Lele levitates, and while not necessarily quick, is fairly agile. When brought into battle, it will immediately create a Psychic Terrain without using any energy, and will receive the benefits even when not in contact with the ground. It will constantly exude a sweet aroma which will make opposing Pokemon somewhat sluggish, though they will eventually acclimate. Allies will find themselves calmed by this scent, and will be much harder to drive into an angered state.

Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy): Tapu Bulu levitates, and while not necessarily quick, is fairly agile. When brought into battle, it will immediately create a Grassy Terrain without using any energy, and will receive the benefits even when not in contact with the ground. Tapu Bulu has immense physical strength, comparable to a Fighting type, and its horn attacks deal an additional 20% damage. It's Leech Seed attack is much more sturdy than normal, and the vines are better at restricting movement.

Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy): Tapu Fini levitates, and while not necessarily quick, is fairly agile. In water, however, Tapu Fini is both fast and agile, and easily comparable to adept swimmers. When brought into battle, it will immediately create a Misty Terrain without using any energy, and will receive the benefits even when not in contact with the ground. Using extra Light energy, Tapu Fini can imbibe its Water moves with purifying energy, which will remove any stat boosts the foe has accrued. Its serene nature makes it much harder to anger than most Pokemon.

Cosmog (Psychic): Cosmog is incredibly small and light, and can be thrown about by even light gusts. However, the awkward composition of its body makes all attacks, even energy based ones, partially phase through and deal 20% less damage. It can Teleport nearly instantaneously and can cover a much wider distance than normal. Its passive nature leaves it immune to Taunt or Swagger.

Cosmoem (Psychic): Cosmoem has become almost completely dormant, and its slumbering mental state leaves it entirely immune to sleeping or drowsy status effects. Its hardened exterior means it takes 20% less damage from all attacks. It can Teleport is nearly instantaneously and can cover a much wider distance than normal. Its passive nature leaves it immune to Taunt or Swagger.

Solgaleo (Psychic/Steel): Solgaleo perpetually emanates an intensely bright light, filling even the darkest of arenas. This will allow moves which require sunlight to be used with impunity. Being a creature able to manipulate dimensional space, its Teleport attack is near instantaneous and can cover a much wider distance than normal. Its roar is much louder than other Pokemon's, and is more likely to intimidate opponents. Due to its intense connection to the sun, it is familiar with the Fire type.

Lunala (Psychic/Ghost): Lunala devours all light that surrounds it, plunging all arenas into a thick darkness. Despite this, Lunala can use Moonlight to full effectiveness under any conditions. Being a creature able to manipulate dimensional space, its Teleport attack is nearly instantaneous and can cover a much wider distance than normal. As Ghost Pokemon, it can turn ethereal for a few seconds to mitigate damage, but can be poisoned. Due to its intense connection to the moon, it is familiar with the Fairy type.

Nihilego (Rock/Poison): Nihilego levitates, and while not particularly fast, it is quite agile. Nihilego is able to attain a semi-ethereal state similar Ghost types, but may only do this once per round and cannot shift through constructs such as walls or the floor. When Constricting a foe, it will have a profound effect upon their mental state, and inflict them with a potent Taunt state which requires Extreme damage to break. When Nihilego manage to defeat an opponent, it gains a slight boost to their Special Defence.

Buzzwole (Bug/Fighting): Buzzwole has near unparalleled strength, and punching attacks gain a 20% boost in power. Its Leech Life attack deals significantly more damage. Whenever Buzzwole uses Swagger, it pulls an abrupt pose, strengthening the anger inducing effect of its Swagger attack. Its hardened carapace reduces incoming physical damage by 10%, and whenever Buzzwole manages to defeat an opponent, it gains a slight boost to its physical defence.

Pheromosa (Bug/Fighting): Pheromosa is incredibly fast, moving with a speed which surpasses that of most other Pokemon. Despite its frail appearance, its legs are immensely powerful, and they deal 20% more damage with their kicking attacks. The antennae protruding from Pheromosas head are incredibly sensitive, and allow it to have a perfect image of the surroundings no matter what, similar to psychic vision. Whenever Pheromosa manages to defeat an opponent, it gains a slight speed boost.

Xurkitree (Electric): Xurkitree's entire body is designed to regulate electricity, and as such it will permanently be under the effects of Charge. Its cable like arms can be extended a reasonable distance in order to strike foes, and they allow it to direct its electric attacks perfectly, as if Rain Dance were in effect. Whenever Xurkitree defeats an opponent, it gains a slight boost to its Special Attack.

Celesteela (Steel/Flying): Despite its immense size, Celesteela is fairly fast, although it is not necessarily agile. It can fire beam like attacks from its two arms, and will fire somewhat faster although gaining no boost in damage. It has an immensely durable carapace, which reduces incoming physical damage by 10%. Whenever Celesteela defeats an opponent, it gains a slight boost to their Special Attack.

Kartana (Grass/Steel): Kartana uses levitation to move, but is both quick and agile, able to perform sharp turns rapidly with little trouble. Its bladed arms are incredibly sharp, giving it a 20% boost to all slashing attacks. Their arms have a slight chance to inflict a sore spot similar to Crush Claw at the point of impact. Whenever Kartana defeats an opponent, it gains a slight boost to their physical Attack.

Guzzlord (Dark/Dragon): Due to its immense size, Guzzlord is neither fast nor agile. Instead, it is incredibly sturdy, unlikely to be bowled over by even the strongest of hits. Using a move, Guzzlord can devour aspects of the arena in order to replenish Considerable health, but this may be only used once. Its strengthened jaws mean its biting attacks deal an additional 20% damage. Whenever Guzzlord defeats an opponent, it regains Good health.

Necrozma (Psychic): Necrozma moves through levitation, and is both fast and agile. Necrozma has a profound control of light, and as such, all its light based attacks deal an extra 20% damage. This ability also allows it to 'reflect' portions of super effective damage, taking slightly less damage.

Magearna (Steel/Fairy): Being a mechanical Pokemon, Magearna is inorganic. Magearna's movement is stiff but not necessarily slow, and it can curl into a compact orb to allow for much faster movement. It will also take slightly less damage while in this form, but may only enter it once per round. Whenever a Pokemon faints while Magearna is active in battle, Magearna will gain a boost to its Special Attack.

Seconding Decidueye's Flying familiarity, Drampa's flight, Dhelmise's inability to be separated from the anchor, and Dhelmise levitation. Shell Smash should be able to prematurely break Minior's shell. Rather than making the scales a wider defense boost, perhaps an intimidation/disruption boost.
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 05:35 PM   #116
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
PRAISE STEALTHY

no but seriously the grammar and spelling were annoying af

PASBL Record
Trainer Level: 5
Referee Grade: B
Wins (DQ): 51 (5) Losses (DQ): 27 (6) Draws: 3
KOs: 135 TP: 294 SP (Earned): 0 (0)

Anime Style Battling | Fizzy Bubbles | Wild Future
Thanks to Pengyzu for the UserBar!
Celebii151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 05:36 PM   #117
Connor
Who Knows?

Sorry I was busy balancing an entire new generations worth of Pokemon.

Cheers Stealthy tho.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 05:37 PM   #118
Snorby
Snackin'

See I didn't suggest that sort of boost for Kommo-O because I was going to suggest Clanging Scales disrupt in the other thread because that makes much more thematic sense imo. Still wouldn't be opposed, though.

Old 12-30-2016, 05:41 PM   #119
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Beware (Normal/Fighting): Bewear possess overwhelming strength that they cannot always control. They are quite friendly and jovial, but can be very aggressive if angered. Their grappling attacks are quite powerful, doing 20% more damage than average, and are difficult to break free from. Their fluffy fur give them a significant boost to defense, but they are slightly more vulnerable to Fire attacks as a consequence.

Salandlit (Poison/Fire): Sandalit release poisonous gases and their Fire attacks from the tip of their tail. The gases they release have a sweet smell, and are quite enticing in spite of their toxicity. Pokémon caught in their gaseous moves less likely to react poorly to the attack. Salandit also can release a strange pheromone when using Attract that is strangely effective on all Pokémon and will Attract them in spite of their physical differences.

rip

you guys also forgot to add attack descripts for Stomping Tantrum and Fleur Cannon; the former is probably more important than the latter

And change Minnow Form --> Solo Form in Wishiwashi's SC

PASBL Record

Last edited by Celebii151; 12-31-2016 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:44 PM   #120
Snorby
Snackin'

Do both though I know people will be trying to sig Fleur Cannon on right the fuck away and I'd rather not just reject them because there's no description.

Old 12-31-2016, 06:30 PM   #121
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Pyukumuku (Water): Pyukumuku are rather slow, only being able to move by crawling. Their intense mental fortitude means they are resistant to pain and difficult to interrupt, and are immune to Taunt and Torment. When they faint, Pyukumuku will launch a final, desperate attack, spewing their innards forward to land a devastating blow to the foe. This will deal Extreme damage, and will ignore all type modifiers. The stricken foe will be slightly sluggish to react in the following turn due to the disgusting nature of this.

Proposing Swagger immunity and more importantly, Poison familiarity for Pyukumuku. Its signature move uses Poison energy, and all it can really do is Toxic so at least let it get some liberty between Toxic/Purify/Venom Drench usage.

PASBL Record

Old 01-01-2017, 12:54 PM   #122
Slash
Poison Jam

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
More importantly, why are they immune to Taunt and Torment, which are curses, not mental conditions?
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 03:01 PM   #123
Connor
Who Knows?

It has all of three moves not prevented by Taunt (Pain Split, Counter and Bide). It needs the Taunt immunity and the Torment immunity is just a nicety put in there.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 10:57 PM   #124
Snorby
Snackin'

On the topic of Pyukumuku, the above covers its options to break sub as well. Any chance we can give it something foresight-esque in its SC?

Old 01-01-2017, 11:40 PM   #125
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Mimikyu (Ghost/Fairy): Mimikyu is a shy and lonely Pokémon. It wears a disguise to hide its true form. This disguise acts as a decoy. Once a battle, it can use a move to absorb a single attack, after which the decoy will collapse. Their claw based attacks deal an extra 10% damage. Mimikyu can see in the dark and fights more enthusiastically at night. They are excellent at hiding. They can be poisoned.

Mimikyu should probably have the ability to change states. Every single other Ghost except for Oricorio and Alolan Marowak (which are pretty well justified) can access states.

Fuck these crabs
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries