UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries

Old 10-13-2016, 04:57 PM   #126
Connor
Who Knows?

So considering it is to my knowledge not even written down anywhere, can we get a ruling that states for the sake of curing/preventing confusion Focus Energy, Amnesia and Calm Mind are literally no different? Because from my view of things they shouldn't be. They all offer their own individually useful boosts so I don't see the need for additional differences, especially not differences which aren't even codified anywhere. If the argument is that we're going to be devaluing confusion too much, we already actively devalue most of the status in the game so frankly that can go suck it.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 07:27 PM   #127
Jerichi
本✚能

>Reflect Type

Consider it 20% either way.

>Amnesia, Focus Energy, Calm Mind

All rid confusion equally, but don't grant as much of a boost as a consequence.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 12:45 PM   #128
Connor
Who Knows?

Okay so since it came up in a recent battle, can we get an emergency rewrite on Substitute? For whatever reason we're allowing it to block energy draining moves entirely, and this is really unhealthy for our meta. This means that one of the strong niches that draining moves held, being able to be used while going first as a pressuring move, is completely ruined. If you do it you're only ever going to be punished by your opponent setting up a Substitute with impunity and garnering themselves major safety for the following round where they have to order first. It's a really bad decision to have it function this way.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:31 PM   #129
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Simple Beam (NO) --Using solid energy, the user fires a beam of strange energy at their foe or partner which resets their mental state, making them neither angered nor calm, but causes all boosts or drops in effect to be doubled.

Does Simple beam cure confusion? The wording leaves it a little ambiguous

PASBL Squad l C+ Grade Ref l Grass Gym Trainer

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Well I don't know I wanted to deal damage and Starmie is inorganic :X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Starmie is a starfish, it is not inorganic :p
Quote:
Kush I'm TL1. How am I supposed to know things if you don't tell me them?
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Eliteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:23 AM   #130
Connor
Who Knows?

Can we get a ruling that says exhibitions don't count towards leveling? Leveling is easy enough in the current system and we have people running 8 Pokemon squad exhibitions for even easier leveling.
Old 10-15-2016, 04:03 PM   #131
Jerichi
本✚能

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
Okay so since it came up in a recent battle, can we get an emergency rewrite on Substitute? For whatever reason we're allowing it to block energy draining moves entirely, and this is really unhealthy for our meta. This means that one of the strong niches that draining moves held, being able to be used while going first as a pressuring move, is completely ruined. If you do it you're only ever going to be punished by your opponent setting up a Substitute with impunity and garnering themselves major safety for the following round where they have to order first. It's a really bad decision to have it function this way.
Substitute (NO) -- The user creates a copy of itself. Its trainer first specifies a power level between good and extreme (the default level is significant) and the user sacrifices that amount of health and 1.25x that amount of energy to form the copy. The copy will have the amount of health sacrificed to create it and will fade once this is depleted. Moves that target energy such as Giga Drain will simply drain health from the Substitute and restore energy to the user. Upon creating the copy, the user tricks opponents in to focusing on it and prevents them from deliberately targeting their true location under any circumstances. The user will move around to avoid attacks automatically, though indirect or arena wide damage such as Hail or Earthquake may still affect both the copy and the user. The user will still perform attacks - the Substitute is simply a very convincing distraction. The copy is immune to all status conditions. Maintaining the copy costs no energy but sustained usage will cause the user to become fatigued at a faster rate than normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliteknight View Post
Simple Beam (NO) --Using solid energy, the user fires a beam of strange energy at their foe or partner which resets their mental state, making them neither angered nor calm, but causes all boosts or drops in effect to be doubled.

Does Simple beam cure confusion? The wording leaves it a little ambiguous
No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
Can we get a ruling that says exhibitions don't count towards leveling? Leveling is easy enough in the current system and we have people running 8 Pokemon squad exhibitions for even easier leveling.
They don't and I wasn't aware that this was ever the case.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 10-26-2016, 09:04 AM   #132
Crys
Optimistic

Under the legendary info page on the site, the following Meloetta information is listed:

"Only Meloetta may change Formes mid-battle via Relic Song, but can only change Formes once per battle. She is considered to be in the Aria Forme by default."

HOWEVER, in Meloetta's SC description, the following is listed:

"Meloetta (Normal/Psychic): Meloetta is the embodiment of music and dance. It comes in two formes, its Aria Forme, which specializes primarily in special attacks, and its Pirouette Forme, which specializes in physical attacks. In the Aria Forme, its default Forme, it is a talented singer, able to readily manipulate its voice. It can float low across the ground, though not terribly quickly or agilely. All its sound-based attacks in this Forme are 20% more effective. In the Pirouette Forum, it becomes a graceful dancer, attacking with swift and elegant movements. Its dance-related attacks and physical Fighting moves are 20% more effective. Meloetta can start in either Forme, determined in Sigless Submissions. Once per round, it may use Relic Song to change between the formes."

My assumption is that the Legendary page, being the legendary page, is out of date. If possible, can we get some clarification as to which is correct, and correction of the wrong one?
Crys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 03:52 PM   #133
Connor
Who Knows?

Quote:
Alternatively, the user charges considerable energy and fires a number of energy projectiles at the foe, the projectiles dealing no damage but creating a group of rocks that surround the target. The energy projectiles will only solidify on contact with the ground, preventing them from bringing down flying or levitating foes.
Can Rock Tomb be used as a sort of 'floating platform' in order to block attacks? Personally it makes no sense for me for it to do this since I'd see them just falling, but the wording sort of implies that they'd remain awkward energy constructs until they strike the ground because the wording is really poor.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:11 PM   #134
Jerichi
本✚能

>Crys

They technically do not contradict each other (kinda). IMO one change per battle is balanced. Feel free to propose a change one way or another.

>Connor

No floating platforms - the rocks will fall even as energy.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 10-29-2016, 10:30 AM   #135
rotomotorz
Careful on the "goods"

Does the dark aura from Pursuit and/or Payback block Psychic type techniques, and to what extent if they do?
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 02:16 PM   #136
Jerichi
本✚能

Pretty sure we got rid of that.
Old 11-06-2016, 02:46 PM   #137
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Zen Headbutt and other moves which cure confusion still have the confusion chance rolled prior to the move occuring correct?

Here is the feeback from Trainer Q&A just want to be 100% sure as this affects a gym match

http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost...postcount=5117

http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost...postcount=5123

PASBL Squad l C+ Grade Ref l Grass Gym Trainer

Quote:
Well I don't know I wanted to deal damage and Starmie is inorganic :X
Quote:
Starmie is a starfish, it is not inorganic :p
Quote:
Kush I'm TL1. How am I supposed to know things if you don't tell me them?
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Eliteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 07:17 PM   #138
Jerichi
本✚能

Yeah they're not Get Out of Confusion Free cards, but the Pokémon does stand a better chance at breaking through confusion by using them.

It's worth noting that these moves work better as preventative measures than curative measures.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 12-25-2016, 08:06 AM   #139
dirkac
Did I f-f-fucking stutter

Does the 50% off from the recent Squad Slot promo stack with the 50% off for the first Squad Slot bought?

So basically, if the first Squad Slot I buy is during this promo, is it only 25% original price, or does it not stack?
Old 12-25-2016, 08:08 AM   #140
Sneaze
#SWAG

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Pointing this out for clarification purposes. Memories are retroactively gained from any type token anyone might have (if for whatever reason they wasted SP on them prior to now), correct?

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 08:12 AM   #141
Jerichi
本✚能

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
Does the 50% off from the recent Squad Slot promo stack with the 50% off for the first Squad Slot bought?

So basically, if the first Squad Slot I buy is during this promo, is it only 25% original price, or does it not stack?
Sure it can stack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
Pointing this out for clarification purposes. Memories are retroactively gained from any type token anyone might have (if for whatever reason they wasted SP on them prior to now), correct?
Sure.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 12-25-2016, 08:12 AM   #142
dirkac
Did I f-f-fucking stutter

Okay, thanks.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:30 AM   #143
Slash
Poison Jam

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
If I wanted to switch a Pokemon I have for its Alolan form at the same level, such as my Dugtrio, or my Marowak, would that be possible (dropping the sig, of course)?
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 07:27 PM   #144
Jerichi
本✚能

Alolan Pokémon are for all intents and purposes different Pokémon than their normal forms. BUT you can do it once if you already had them before the release of Gen VII.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 01-02-2017, 08:20 PM   #145
Miror
Marsh Badge

Since we should probably get an official ruling on this sooner or later and I'd rather not be the one to make the call since I'm biased one way more than another, is confusion cured while in the ball? I had always thought it was retained despite switching out as they retain exhaustion and whatnot but obviously there's the ingame precedent and I'm not sure if there's been an answer given in the anime or in S&I in the past.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:17 PM   #146
Jerichi
本✚能

I don't think the anime has ever really commented on switching and statuses interacting (switches are so incredibly rare in the anime). The last time I remember this question coming up was actually re: paralysis and I think people had gone with "it fades in the ball".

That said, I remember there being arguments for both sides soooo this might be something we'd need to discuss as a league. What happens in the ball really never left the realm of Muyonese Whispers so it would not be a bad thing to make some real rules.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 01-03-2017, 10:53 AM   #147
Slash
Poison Jam

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Anime evidence:

Corphish became confused and couldn't hear Ash's command for Harden and fell into the water, however it suddenly came from behind Golduck and used Crabhammer while still confused. Golduck then launched Fury Swipes which Corphish caught and used its claws to shake Golduck's hand. Corphish then launched Golduck into the air and finished it off with Bubble Beam. Corphish went up against Katie's Venomoth, Corphish was still confused and launched a Bubble Beam, which was dodged, Venomoth used Supersonic but did nothing as Corphish was already confused. Ash then recalled Corphish. Corphish was later sent out to battle Katie's last Pokémon, her Walrein. Corphish looked weak but was free from its confusion.
As may be expected though, our clear winner here was Kairne, ASB's champion of prioritizing the pokemon you like over those that are objectively better. I mean, one of his mains is a Watchog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezey12 View Post
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.
Leader of the "Stop Screwing Over Smeargle" Brigade

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
[URL="http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=4387"]
Daisy Art:

Battlecuts courtesy of DaisyInari

Random stuffs:

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:42 PM   #148
rotomotorz
Careful on the "goods"

I don't really know about the other statuses but I'm inclined to agree there's strong anime and game precedent that confusion is cleared within the ball
Squad Summary

Old 01-03-2017, 11:53 PM   #149
Stealthy
A New and Original Person

Pretty sure current status quo is that switching cures mental statuses and curses, but not physical status. Also resolves mid and short-term exhaustion, but obviously not the overall drained feeling of having less than half your energy left.

And I think there's an old Muyonese Whisper about small amounts of energy regen in the ball but I doubt that's still used.
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 12:18 AM   #150
rotomotorz
Careful on the "goods"

Acrobatics (FL) -- The user uses a burst of energy to rush at a high speed, darting back and forth over them and striking it with each pass by raking it with claws, talons or beak. This attack deals solid damage for solid energy. If the target has an attached item and the user does not, this move deals considerable damage.

Is there any chance we can make Acrobatics have a little bit more of a difference in damage between normal and when the item condition is met? As it is it is neither incredibly rewarding when the condition is met nor all that much different from using it normally
Squad Summary

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries