UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries

Old 08-10-2016, 11:51 PM   #101
rotomotorz
Careful on the "goods"

My Magneton sig I recently submitted got rejected by Sneaze, and when asking him how to balance it, he told me to drop Volt Switch and he'd probably pass it. When resubmitting with those changes Snorby told me that the sig would never be okay. What is the correct course of action from here? Situations like this are definitely bound to happen again and there should be precedent on how to handle them.
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 12:07 AM   #102
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

Hi!

I'm fully aware I'm not an LO so I apologize if I'm overstepping my boundaries but I fully believe that I'm pretty qualified to answer this question especially given it should probably have been directed to myself and/or Sneaze in the first place.

Quote:
What I am basically here to say is that our approvals and rejections are not suggestions, and are not up for debate. If you are confused as to why something has been approved or rejected you are wholly encouraged to PM us in a polite manner and discuss it, and we will attempt to come to a compromise wherein your sig stays the original idea you want it to be while falling within the delicate balance of the PASBL meta and ruleset.
Straight from Sneaze's most recent sig announcement.

Basically, PM the last approver to touch your sig and that approver will talk with you and the other approver and a conclusion will be reached. This goes for literally any case where you disagree or question a rejection for any reason. Of course, questions or disagreements on APPROVALS go into Sig Court instead.

So yeah, since this obviously has already been brought to my attention, I'll chat with Sneaze, work things out, and get back to you.

Thanks!

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.

Last edited by Snorby; 08-11-2016 at 12:26 AM.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:52 PM   #103
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Just want to clarify something. When using Steel moves such as Metal Claw and Iron Tail to cut through an energy attack, the pokemon using it still takes damage right? If it doesn't, there's a discrepancy between this and the Steel-type species characteristic, so I just want to make sure.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:58 PM   #104
Jerichi
本✚能

It takes reduced damage.

And you're good Snorby.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:04 PM   #105
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Do substitutes inherit boosts and drops the creator had at the time the sub was made? What about SC boosts and ilk?
This got stuck on the last page, need an answer cause it is gym match related
Old 08-14-2016, 08:53 AM   #106
Mew The Gato
Smile

Would like a ruling here, please.

The speed of Barrier is up to the referee, but I believe that it being fast enough to instantly reposition itself to block a Surf from above at point-blank range, and then completely block (if not for it being weakened) an attack from behind immediately afterwards, also at point-blank range, to be a bit much.

Your take on this would be appreciated.
Mew The Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:27 PM   #107
Jerichi
本✚能

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
This got stuck on the last page, need an answer cause it is gym match related
Sorry totally knew I missed something.

I'd say yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew The Gato View Post
Would like a ruling here, please.

The speed of Barrier is up to the referee, but I believe that it being fast enough to instantly reposition itself to block a Surf from above at point-blank range, and then completely block (if not for it being weakened) an attack from behind immediately afterwards, also at point-blank range, to be a bit much.

Your take on this would be appreciated.
I think you're not taking charge time into consideration - even if it is point-blank, there's going to be a bit of a delay that will give Drowzee time to react. That said, I don't really see Surf acting exactly the way Chiko reffed it regarding how it reacts with the Barrier though. I think it's not really going to totally block but rather reduce damage.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 08-16-2016, 12:04 AM   #108
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.

If both trainers participating in a match disappear, what happens to that match? Does it continue to use up a reffing slot? Can the ref ice it until one of the battlers turn up again, then pick it back up then? Or does the ref just casually disappear it?
Old 08-17-2016, 06:04 AM   #109
Jerichi
本✚能

Just drop the match. If they come back you can do the DQ or negotiate the rest.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 09-12-2016, 02:43 PM   #110
RealMrGame10
Team Instinct

In an event such as this where I have beaten a GT by DQ, have I earned the right to battle the Gym Leader as if I had beaten the GT by KO?

Me on SP

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap
RealMrGame10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 03:28 PM   #111
Jerichi
本✚能

I'm going to defer to the GL rules and say you need an LO to decide on whether or not you can.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 09-12-2016, 06:48 PM   #112
KAYLAF0X
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to KAYLAF0X
Would like a ruling here, since it's got me confused, and I want this to be a fair match.
KAYLAF0X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:33 AM   #113
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Quote:
Refresh (NO) -- The user fills its body with a bright green energy, expending good energy to cure itself of all status effects. Alternatively, it can transfer this energy to any allies to cure them of status ailments instead.
I think this would need some LO input, but that bold part there seems to imply a Pokemon can use Refresh to heal a Pokemon on standby since there's no wording to say that it has to be a Pokemon on the field.

Mind if I could get some clarification on that, please?

Spoiler: show

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.
3DS FC: 1607 2923 7949

The Kamen Fleet (TL5 / A- Grade Referee) | Cameron Kalmia: Viridian's Maskmaker
Hizumi Yukikaze: Emerald Breeze~ | Tokikou Nobuyuki: Time Mage
Ludger Bullenaar: Bastion of Raji City | Helena Levinton: Violet Stitching
Shizuya Kasen: SHSL Armourer

Waifu Squadron and Explorers | Cavern of Chaotic Creativity

Paradise lies beyond the horizon, challenge it because it is unreachable.
Speak of the absolute territory, and grasp it with your hands.

SAAVE ME

FLOOF AND MOFUMOFU JUSTICE! *WHACK*

"Quit poking my face! >_<"
"Ahahaha, you'll never get rid of this! *hiss*"

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

"That was a terrible idea. But holy carp, this tastes pretty nice."

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Love burns brightly for one and all.

Please don't diss idols or fluffy things in my presence.
KamenAeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:06 AM   #114
Jerichi
本✚能

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAYLAF0X View Post
Would like a ruling here, since it's got me confused, and I want this to be a fair match.
I could see this as a case of ref's discretion. Jigglypuff could easily bounce at an angle or something to avoid a full hit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamenAeons View Post
I think this would need some LO input, but that bold part there seems to imply a Pokemon can use Refresh to heal a Pokemon on standby since there's no wording to say that it has to be a Pokemon on the field.

Mind if I could get some clarification on that, please?
It is vague but it only heals those on the field.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 09-13-2016, 08:25 AM   #115
KAYLAF0X
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
I could see this as a case of ref's discretion. Jigglypuff could easily bounce at an angle or something to avoid a full hit.
But if it bounced, would it be able to drop back in for an attack? Or would the trajectory veer it off course and not allow the attack for Bounce to happen? I can see the bouncing off to the side, but it wasn't ordered to bounce at an angle, it was just ordered to bounce to avoid and come back down for an attack to trigger the safeguard. I'm not sure if that would be possible given trajectories, and the idea that Solrock is literally above the jigglypuff to prevent it from doing a simple jump up and come back down for the attack maneuver.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:33 AM   #116
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAYLAF0X View Post
But if it bounced, would it be able to drop back in for an attack? Or would the trajectory veer it off course and not allow the attack for Bounce to happen? I can see the bouncing off to the side, but it wasn't ordered to bounce at an angle, it was just ordered to bounce to avoid and come back down for an attack to trigger the safeguard. I'm not sure if that would be possible given trajectories, and the idea that Solrock is literally above the jigglypuff to prevent it from doing a simple jump up and come back down for the attack maneuver.
I know we talked about this on discord a bit but I thought about it a little more.

Jigglypuff does have the ability to inflate, allowing it to float in the air. So there is every possibility of jumping at an angle and floating to get back to position and drop down (which would actually be a more likely case for triggering Safeguard since Solrock would have more time to react). In this case it would deal less damage through lack of momentum, but that doesn't matter since the second part of bounce was used to trigger safeguard.

Considering that Solrock was recently on top of Jigglypuff, winding her and leaving her less time to start up, i'd have had Body Slam still hit but partially and knock her out of the Bounce. However, like Jeri said, it's discretionary and for the most part we'd all ref this scenario in a different way.
Old 09-13-2016, 11:33 AM   #117
Jerichi
本✚能

Jigglypuff is going to have at least enough aerial mobility to come in for a partial hit, enough to trip the Safeguard. I could see a red interpreting this differently but I think this is really a valid interpretation.

Please also note that this is an LO-only thread.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 10-05-2016, 09:44 PM   #118
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Camerupt (Fire/Ground): Camerupt tend to be only slightly-less apathetic than their Numel bretheren, although their higher intelligence gives them a better ability to follow orders. However, they become extremely angry when struck in the face. A Camerupt struck in the face by an opponent will focus almost exclusively on that target to the exclusion of all other concerns unless something else starts to become a bigger problem or gets in the way of Camerupts's revenge. Until its target has fallen Camerupt will be extremely emotional and responsive but more vulnerable to confusion. Camerupt will also be winded for a few moments after its berserker rage has ended, with longer periods of rage meaning more downtime. A trainer may write a note in their bio stating that their Camerupt has been trained not to enter in to the enraged state in this way. In its Mega Forme, Camerupt becomes an active volcano, constantly issuing lava. Its lava-based attacks are x1.2 stronger. Because of the intense heat radiated by Mega Camperupt, Water based attacks deal only half damage as they evaporate before they can affect it. They do not take extra Water damage for having an 'exposed flame'.

I discussed this with a not quite LO, but this needs to be officially cleared up. Does mega camerupt take 1.5x or 2x damage from water attacks?

Pretty sure it is an issue of wording, since essentially giving camerupt 1 and a half weaknesses is a bit much.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:12 PM   #119
Jerichi
本✚能

x2 damage.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 10-06-2016, 12:16 PM   #120
Connor
Who Knows?

Can I suggest for the sake of clarity we enact a quick emergency rewrite and change

Quote:
In its Mega Forme, Camerupt becomes an active volcano, constantly issuing lava. Its lava-based attacks are x1.2 stronger. Because of the intense heat radiated by Mega Camperupt, Water based attacks deal only half damage as they evaporate before they can affect it. They do not take extra Water damage for having an 'exposed flame'.
in the Camerupt SC to

Quote:
In its Mega Forme, Camerupt becomes an active volcano, constantly issuing lava. Its lava-based attacks are x1.2 stronger. Because of the intense heat radiated by Mega Camperupt, Water based attacks affect them as if they had a single weakness as they evaporate before making contact. They do not take extra Water damage for having an 'exposed flame'.
Just avoids any messiness here and now.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:17 PM   #121
Jerichi
本✚能

Sure.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 10-06-2016, 02:55 PM   #122
Miror
Marsh Badge

May also want to fix "Camperupt" while you're at it but yeah
Old 10-08-2016, 12:07 AM   #123
Zelphon
Happy October

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Yo, is Earthquake Physical or Special? Apparently the description leaves one wondering.

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 07:03 AM   #124
Jerichi
本✚能

(let's get) Physical.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 10-13-2016, 01:11 AM   #125
KAYLAF0X
Cascade Badge

How much does Reflect type weaken and strengthen attacks? Is there a percentage or is there a change in resistances? It's very vague description, so I wanted to play it safe and ask.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries