UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries

Old 07-25-2016, 05:52 AM   #76
Connor
Who Knows?

Jeri can you explain why we have given one of the best types in the game a humongous boon by rewriting Brine? "It is cool" is not really a good enough justification for giving one of our most stellar types a means of flipping basically every match up into their favour just by having a water feature in the arena - which the vast majority of have anyway.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 06:41 AM   #77
Jerichi
本✚能

It wasn't particularly broken when it existed originally, though that version was also mostly in damaging. Are there suggestions for toning it down?

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:21 AM   #78
Coolz8
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Coolz8
How would you describe synchronoise 's projection as a brain wave? Is it something that can pass through objects and affect eligible targets or is it a physical wave of force that pushes things around like psychic but only affects Pokemon which shares a type?

Spoiler: show

--------
It would be best to confess as early as possible, to avoid any excess pain through excess attachment. Make sure you express yourself clearly, and no matter what the outcome may be, treat the other as you may treat a friend, applicable at such a stage in life.

--------

Coolz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:38 AM   #79
Connor
Who Knows?

Making it non damaging and specifying that it's quite low lying so doesn't get the 'oh fuck my eyes hurt I can't see' aspect. Just make it clear it's the force of the current rather than the depth of the water which enacts the drag.

You shouldn't be able to drag a Pokemon into water, get damage off, have the possibility of extra damage (if it strikes a burn) and get a pseudo-Flash effect all in one. That's insane.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:27 PM   #80
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

When Pursuit goes off on a switch, does its energy use get bumped up to Major, or does it still use Good energy? I was under the impression that the latter was the case.

PASBL Stats

TL 4 (35-21-6)
Current owner of the Onslaught Badge and the Monolith Badge
Previous owner of the Indurate Badge and the Dual Wing Badge (Pre-scrap)
216 TP - 84 KOs - 20 SP (11 SP Debt to Machamp-X)
(W/L/D and stats recompiled as of 4/25/17)
Observe. Adapt. Evolve.
Altocharizard55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:45 PM   #81
Jerichi
本✚能

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolz8 View Post
How would you describe synchronoise 's projection as a brain wave? Is it something that can pass through objects and affect eligible targets or is it a physical wave of force that pushes things around like psychic but only affects Pokemon which shares a type?
Synchronoise doesn't carry kinetic force, though it might struggle to pass through some objects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocharizard55 View Post
When Pursuit goes off on a switch, does its energy use get bumped up to Major, or does it still use Good energy? I was under the impression that the latter was the case.
The way the move currently reads, it will cost Major energy.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 07-28-2016, 01:41 PM   #82
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

I'm being a bit troubled with a recent dilemma: If a pokemon was ordered to Protect against a first attack, but said attack never happens for whatever reason, would they opt to Protect against the second attack instead?
Trot Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 02:32 PM   #83
ShuckTsubo
Boulder Badge

Dragon Rage's description makes it sound like the fireball form is either energy efficient or very energy inefficient. Which one is it? Is it supposed to have neutral efficiency?

Quote:
Dragon Rage (Various) -- The user summons a powerful attack which is dependent on the arena. If there is water present between the two Pokémon, the user summons a spiral of energy, which is quickly sent at the opponent, sucking up the water in the arena to deal significant Water-typed damage for significant energy. If there isn't water, it's a large fireball which deals heavy damage in a mix of dragon and fire energy, dealing Super Effective damage on Bug, Grass and Ice-types and Not Very Effective damage on Fire and Fairy types. This move uses considerable Dragon and Fire energy.The fireball may be used in an aqueous environment, but the water version is arena-dependent.
ShuckTsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 03:39 PM   #84
Jerichi
本✚能

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trot Away View Post
I'm being a bit troubled with a recent dilemma: If a pokemon was ordered to Protect against a first attack, but said attack never happens for whatever reason, would they opt to Protect against the second attack instead?
Ref's discretion really, but there is a good chance they would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuckTsubo View Post
Dragon Rage's description makes it sound like the fireball form is either energy efficient or very energy inefficient. Which one is it? Is it supposed to have neutral efficiency?
I have fixed this, please see move errata.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 07-31-2016, 04:05 PM   #85
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
I don't know if this has been brought up but since the new legend rules, wpuld it be possible to limit Victini's banned moves to Bolt Strike and Blue Flare?

Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:53 PM   #86
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

It's not a big deal but could I have a little more clarification on which of the Sound moves involve physical properties? E.G. I used Uproar from behind a rock, but the referee said that my pokemon had to get out from behind the rock to use it. In my mind, I would've used it from behind the rock as sound is the vibration of air particles. Therefore, it would travel around it. But then again the Atk Description mentions rings but are they solid and will they follow this rule, etc etc.

I'd just like to know for the future since sound moves seem to be prominent.

Last edited by Midgeorge; 07-31-2016 at 07:01 PM.
Midgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 07:35 PM   #87
Jerichi
本✚能

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
I don't know if this has been brought up but since the new legend rules, wpuld it be possible to limit Victini's banned moves to Bolt Strike and Blue Flare?
Maybe. If someone actually faces Victini I'll make a decision (spoiler: the answer will probably be yes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgeorge View Post
It's not a big deal but could I have a little more clarification on which of the Sound moves involve physical properties? E.G. I used Uproar from behind a rock, but the referee said that my pokemon had to get out from behind the rock to use it. In my mind, I would've used it from behind the rock as sound is the vibration of air particles. Therefore, it would travel around it. But then again the Atk Description mentions rings but are they solid and will they follow this rule, etc etc.

I'd just like to know for the future since sound moves seem to be prominent.
Quote:
Sound Moves - There are two kinds of sound moves in the ASB, non-damaging, frequency-based moves and damaging, amplitude-based moves. Non-damaging sound moves (e.g. Supersonic, Screech, Howl, Roar, Noble Roar, etc.) carry no energy themselves and are not subject to any type modification. Pokémon with sensitive hearing are more likely to be startled by these moves and may be more vulnerable to their effects. Damaging sound moves (e.g. Hyper Voice, Boomburst, Round, Chatter, etc.) are simply energy-based moves carried via sound. While those with sensitive hearing will be vulnerable to the associated sound, they will not take additional damage. Type modification will be calculated as normal.
There's a pretty big misconception that the sound itself is what deals damage; damaging sound moves are just energy attacks carried via sound. That said, you can still disrupt them by drowning out the sound, since they do "ride" on the waves.
Old 07-31-2016, 07:47 PM   #88
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
There's a pretty big misconception that the sound itself is what deals damage; damaging sound moves are just energy attacks carried via sound. That said, you can still disrupt them by drowning out the sound, since they do "ride" on the waves.
Ah, I never saw that. Thanks, sorry to waste your time :P
Old 08-05-2016, 09:14 AM   #89
Mew The Gato
Smile

Would like a ruling here, please.
Mew The Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 12:35 PM   #90
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

When are ref evals occurring? Since they usually are twice per year and Miror said the next batch was in July

PASBL Squad l C+ Grade Ref l Grass Gym Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Well I don't know I wanted to deal damage and Starmie is inorganic :X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Starmie is a starfish, it is not inorganic :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Kush I'm TL1. How am I supposed to know things if you don't tell me them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
It's a starfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Eliteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 12:32 PM   #91
Jerichi
本✚能

They'll happen when we have the time and resources to do them. Bugging us about them (though this isn't bugging) is not a good way to get them to happen.

They are relatively low priority.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 08-07-2016, 03:27 AM   #92
ROFLMAO
Thunder Badge

Just making 100% sure before I go ahead and change my squad up:
With the new levelling system, do I have to earn another 15 SP before actually progressing to TL4? (I've earnt more than that in the past and have more than the 50KO/120 TP requirement)
Wins- 24 ~ Losses- 14 ~ Draws- 1
TP- 154 KOs- 52 SP- 15
Current Number of Pokemon on the Squad: 38

Friend Codes:
Y/Smash Bros- (I pay more attention to this one :P) FS- Gabite, Noibat, Druddigon; 1993-9521-9013

X- FS- Gyarados, Bibarel, Poliwhirl; 0645-5911-9507
ROFLMAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 05:59 AM   #93
Mercutio
Banned

You have to earn new SP from the point at which the announcement was made.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 09:57 AM   #94
Jerichi
本✚能

In spite of not being an LO, Kush is correct.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 08-07-2016, 10:19 AM   #95
Mercutio
Banned

Oh crap wrong thread. Sorry!
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:59 AM   #96
ShuckTsubo
Boulder Badge

Is massive damage a thing in the PASBL? For example, if a Goldeen is hit with a Solar Beam and is left with like, Light HP, could you have it faint because of the sheer amount of damage it just took, or from the pain of taking such damage?
ShuckTsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 04:10 PM   #97
Miror
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Is massive damage a thing in the PASBL? For example, if a Goldeen is hit with a Solar Beam and is left with like, Light HP, could you have it faint because of the sheer amount of damage it just took, or from the pain of taking such damage?
I know that it's a thing that several refs do, so I would say it's discretionary rather than anything else. Jeri can define it further than that if he thinks differently though.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:15 PM   #98
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Looking for a ruling here.

I feel as if the fact that at the end of the round Chimchar was on his back was not made clear. Post-explanation by Sneaze, I entirely see where he's coming from, but I feel like that's hindsight-bias on my part. Am I justified in the claim that Chimchar being prone by the end of Round 3 is unclear?

PASBL Stats

TL 4 (35-21-6)
Current owner of the Onslaught Badge and the Monolith Badge
Previous owner of the Indurate Badge and the Dual Wing Badge (Pre-scrap)
216 TP - 84 KOs - 20 SP (11 SP Debt to Machamp-X)
(W/L/D and stats recompiled as of 4/25/17)
Observe. Adapt. Evolve.
Altocharizard55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 08:29 PM   #99
Jerichi
本✚能

Quote:
So I've always more or less had the policy that a Pokémon fainting is really ultimately a ref's discretion issue. So yes, even if a Pokémon might have ended up with a sliver of health, I don't feel any qualms about making it faint. That said - it's probably best to be fair and let it execute any remaining orders before fainting (provided that would be possible/reasonable, of course), but that's not really mandatory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocharizard55 View Post
Looking for a ruling here.

I feel as if the fact that at the end of the round Chimchar was on his back was not made clear. Post-explanation by Sneaze, I entirely see where he's coming from, but I feel like that's hindsight-bias on my part. Am I justified in the claim that Chimchar being prone by the end of Round 3 is unclear?
Eh, Sneasel was a little vague in his wording but I think he did make it fairly clear that Teddiursa was over Chimchar so it's not a stretch to assume Chimchar was prone.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 08-10-2016, 03:26 AM   #100
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Do substitutes inherit boosts and drops the creator had at the time the sub was made? What about SC boosts and ilk?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries