Aposteriori vs Sneaze
4 vs 4
Slapstick
Equilevel 5
Strict 72 HR DQ time
Switch = OK
The Danger Room
Spoiler: show

The hazardous Danger Room features an immense world inside what would otherwise seem to be a small structure. The battle takes place inside a circular platform with fifty feet in diameter. X marks the spot in the middle with regular training flooring. Gravel and rubble covers the top layer of the arena, though it is difficult to dig through, if not nearly impossible. Rocks cannot be summoned from underneath the surface by normal means. Psychic energy enables the terrain to mold, and allow the passage of rocks to surface. The room has been rehabilitated to include a rectangular swimming pool South of the circular platform that spans 10 ft. in length by 15 ft. in width and 10 feet deep.

Embedded with the blessing of the Pheonix, fairy pokemon that are part psychic are not negatively affected by the urban man made environment. Inside the Danger Room, physics work a bit differently. Psychic Pokemon have the psionic bond, which allows their strength attack to lift Pokemon up to 25x times their weight. The ceiling represents the sun, with is a perfectly cool and entirely solid structure but radiates a bespoke form of artificial giving the arena nice clear skies effect. Traditional weather moves do not work inside the danger room. Said sun allows the use of attacks like Solar Beam and nullifies the Steel type resistance to the Psychic type, meaning that Steel-types take neutral damage. The slightly smaller Moon disk worked into the floor has similar effect, providing radiant illumination, allowing the use of attacks like Moonlight and nullifying the Dark type immunity to the Psychic type, meaning that Dark types take neutral damage while also providing the permanent effect of Foresight against ghost pokemon. Both structures are indestructible, and worked into the danger room’s structure. The organic and sentient being called Danger has disabled the ability for the room to fall victim of Magic Room.

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 03-15-2016 at 06:59 AM.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:20 AM   #2
Aposteriori
Banned

The lack of a post icon is disturbing. Thank you for the corruption slot, Jeri! Thank you for offering Sneaze. Totally saving up for a Monolith and applying that bad puppy to Malamar if/when I get a badge.

--

Items

Slowbronite (10 SP) - This item allows Slowbro to Mega Evolve into Mega Slowbro when held during battle. Slowbro becomes completely enveloped by its Shellder, which acts as armor, decreasing damage from physical attacks by 25%. In this forme, Slowbro moves primarily by bouncing, able to balance itself well on its tail. Its mobility is reasonably adept despite its unconventional form of movement.
Attached to: Beavis Butthead the Slowbro

Medichanite (10 SP) - This item allows Medicham to Mega Evolve into Mega Medicham when held during battle. Medicham's focus reaches such a level that it is entirely immune to mind altering effects, including but not limited to confusion, sleep and fear. Its mentally-boosting techniques also double in their potency.
Attached to: Raja the Medicham

Blackglasses (3 SP): This Token increases the power of Dark type moves by 10%. It causes the move Fling to deal Dark type damage if it is thrown.
Attached to: Stephen Strange the Gardevoir

Black Belt (3 SP) - This Token increases the power of Fighting type moves by 10%. It causes the move Fling to deal Fighting type damage if it is thrown.
Attached to: Azazel the Malamar

Level 6

Starcraft: Genderless Metagross
Biography: Starcraft is light years ahead of any other Beldum lineange. Over the course of the years, it has developed an innate resistance to any status reduction caused by an external factor. Every time Starcraft goes into battle, he is able to keep its galactic exterior fully ready against stat drops.
Special Defense: Clear Body [PS]
Starcraft cannot have its stats reduced by any negatively affecting external influence. This includes enthusiasm under unfavorable circumstances. Mental afflictions such as Confuse Ray and Hypnosis work just fine however.
Hidden Power: Water

Level 5

Beavis Butthead: Male Slowbro @
Biography: Beavis grew up alone, and his only friend was a socket puppet that he would place over his tail. Eventually the sock puppet grew a personality that eventually helps him hone some abilities with his tail. When Beavis grew up, he was able to become one with his friend Butthead the Shellder, who at this point has bonded to form a stronger symbiotic relationship. One mind and one body is the motto they share and feel which even stronger becomes when they get sudden boost in evolutionary abilities.
Special Training: Symbiosis [PS]
As a slowpoke, Beavis gains the moves Drill Run, Razor Shell, and Poison Jab all useable with his tail. As a Slowbro, Shellder’s individual mind makes up for the lack of reaction time for Slowbro as their minds become one, no longer being hindered by his SC. Taking a more active role, Shellder can act as a drill allowing Slowbro to use any tail move in the same manner. Attacks used by the shell gains a Crush Claw effect, which becomes increasingly worse under realistic. In its Mega Forme, Slowbro retains the crush claw effect, and any attack that involves a drilling motion will be used as if it was under the centripetal acceleration of Gyro Ball, cutting through attacks with the same potency without directly modifying the base damage of his own attacks. Beavis Butthead cannot use Heal Pulse, Fissure, Giga Impact, and Hyper Beam.
Hidden Power: Electric
Item: Slowbronite

Raja: Male Medicham @
Biography: The fighting spirit is hard to control and is unpredictable like any other element. Raja combines his mind, body, and soul to formulate his ultimate attack. Training in the depths of the spooky manor, Raja used its extensive knowledge of yoga to generate several fist shaped projectiles.
Special Attack: Yoga Fist Wave [FT or PS]
Raja emits powerful waves of yoga energy in the direction of the target that take the form of a number of large fists, about the size of the Raja and then becoming progressively smaller. The number of fists generated varies randomly between 5 and 7. Energy consumption is proportional to Light Fighting or Psychic energy times the number of fists generated. When these fists come into contact with the opponent, a light amount of physical damage per fist is delivered and it causes mental disorientation and pain, often leaving them unable to think clearly for a short time after. In his mega forme, Raja will always fire seven waves. The type must be stated when the attack is ordered. The mental disorientation effect is up for diminishing returns.
Hidden Power: Steel
Item: Medichanite

Stephen Strange: Male Gardevoir @
Hidden Power: Ground
Item: Black Glasses

Azazel: Male Malamar @
Hidden Power: Fighting
Item: Black belt

Rogue: Female Girafarig

Last edited by Aposteriori; 04-10-2016 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Removed the badge, because I want to put it to use.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:45 AM   #3
Sneaze
I'm sorry, Talon :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
I'd say "lol what even is that Slowbro sig" but some of mine are just as bad, so...

Regardless, as I've pointed out, there's no way this arena will get passed ever, but let's see what you can do with basically everything in your favor. XD

Will not be changing levels of squad because reasons. We all know it's equilevel.

Silver Wing Token
Bestowed upon the winner of the Winter Whirl Cup. The attached pokemon is allowed to be one evolutionary stage higher than they would otherwise be at their current level.
Attached to Yo Momma the Snorlax

Metagrossite
Allows Metagross to Mega Evolve.
Attached to B.R.A.I.N. the Metagross

Primordus: Male Dragonite (level 7) (Uplevel)
Biography: The first Elder Dragon to rise from his slumber, his body produces such heat that some species built cities around him while he slept to harness his energy for their own use. They drained a large amount of power from him, but when he awoke, his inner fire still burned stronger than that of other Dragonite.
Hidden Power: Steel
Special Training: Destroyer King
Thanks to his inner warmth, Primordus no longer takes double supereffective damage from Ice attacks, now taking as much damage as he would if he were not part Flying. However, he now takes neutral damage from Water attacks.

Anasazi: Male Dusknoir (level 6)
Biography: Anasazi is the ghost of a deceased tribal chief, known for his unrelenting war tactics and brutal power. His entire tribe was massacred and his land razed in the dead of night by another tribe, himself included. He holds a connection to the rest of his tribe that allows him to shift into their plane of existence with great effort.
Hidden Power: Bug
Special Training: True Power
Anasazi can use Shadow Force once per match. Anasazi no longer benefits from fighting more enthusiatically at night, as most Ghosts do. Additionally, he is considered weak to Fire type moves, and can no longer use any Fire type moves. His connection to other spirits means that he does not have full control over his own being, let alone having control over that of others, and as such can no longer use Curse, Pain Split, or Destiny Bond.

Yo Momma: Female Snorlax (level 6)
Biography: Yo Momma so fat...
Hidden Power: Dragon
Special Attack: Momma's Kiss (Fairy)
Yo Momma goes to give the opponent a kiss, but she's so dumb she takes a bite out of them instead. The strength of the bite is dependent on the weight of the Pokemon, as Yo Momma will more enthusiastically attempt to eat heavier Pokemon. Momma's Kiss starts out as only doing Mild damage, but for every 100 pounds the opponent weighs it does an additional Mild damage, capping out at Extreme after 400 pounds. The move doesn't scale progressively, only jumps up at every 100 pounds, meaning it'll do the same amount of damage to a 100 pound Pokemon as it will to a 199 pound Pokemon. Momma's Kiss uses Significant Fairy energy and Yo Momma may only use it once per match.

Aphie: Female Kecleon (level 6)
Biography: Aphie's skin is a plum color. We really don't know why. Deeply in love with Jeri's Kecleon, Koi, Aphie used to regularly tackle and attempt to subdue her love interest. But even with training, her attempts were always in vain, and so she now admires him from afar. ...and sometimes not so far. Her habits - stalking some would call it - require the utmost stealth, but Koi being a Kecleon as well means that even when camouflaged Aphie would always be easily spotted due to the presence of her stripe. As such, she has practiced hard in order to mask even her one glaring weakness when hiding.
Hidden Power: Psychic
Special Training: Not Even A Restraining Order
When camouflaged, Aphie's stripe is no longer visible as it would normally be for other Kecleon. However, her Camouflage requires a light amount of extra energy to use.

B.R.A.I.N.: Genderless Metagross (level 6)
Biography: Binary Reactive Artificially Intelligent Neurocircuit aka B.R.A.I.N. is the creator of all other machines. Having been re-purposed to wipe out all life, B.R.A.I.N. has manufactured many types of traps and has chosen to keep only the most efficient of them.
Hidden Power: Dark
Special Attack: Fabrication (Psychic)
B.R.A.I.N. creates many small orbs of Psychic energy around the arena, some of which explode immediately dealing moderate damage to the foe, while the rest fade into the arena until a new foe is sent out. Every time a new foe is sent out some foes re-emerge and explode dealing moderate damage to that foe. This attack uses a significant amount of energy.

Miss Missy Miss: Female Mismagius (level 6)
Biography: Miss Missy Miss has always taken joy in staying awake for days on end, and I could never figure out as to why. After quite a while I determined that this problem was because she couldn't relax when it was time to sleep, disturbed by all the commotion around her. It was at this point when I got her a white noise machine, and she hasn't had a problem relaxing ever since. In fact, she liked the white noise so much that she would just start letting out sounds of her own to mock it, calming herself down in the process.
Special Training: White Noise
Whenever Miss Missy Miss uses Screech, she is benefitted with the same boosts associated with a Calm Mind. Her Screech attacks now use 25% more energy, and may only be used twice per match. Also, because she respects how difficult it is to get sleep sometimes, she will not purposely use damaging attacks against sleeping opponents, and has foregone her learning of Nightmare and Dream Eater.

To start, I think I'd like to see how you deal with Miss Missy Miss.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Old 03-14-2016, 05:58 AM   #4
Aposteriori
Banned

Aposteriori: "Rogue, take your battle station. Though, what happened to your powers?"

Rogue: "My powers have been subdued. I took the x-cure at the end of last stand. Remember?"

Aposteriori: "The timeline must have not been revised yet. I can't keep up with these things. Rogue, feel free to keep her at bay and distal by pushing back with Psychic. The attack should be conservative enough that if she disappears, the radius of the attack might catch her off guard. Follow by Hyper Voice, because clearly magic coat, snatch, and a plethora of other moves are a thing. Curse that wrecked witch."

Rogue: "Understood. You should try to talk less though, you are letting your mind speak for itself."
Old 03-14-2016, 06:04 AM   #5
Sneaze

"Interrupt her first attack by giving her a Screech to think on as you close the gap. Then interrupt that second attack with a Sucker Punch just before backing off and upwards."

Quote:
Old 03-15-2016, 05:56 AM   #6
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Welcome to Crackland!

Warning: The following introduction contains no small amount of cursing and may contain made up statements. Enjoy
Spoiler: show

In a flash of bright light, TKF appears in a very strange place. He looks around, perhaps in search of some kind of sensible concept but all he finds is crack, crack and more crack. Is this for fucking real? I have to remember all this shit? Fuckkkkkkkk instant regret. You would think for a type with only two weaknesses it would be pretty easy to make a nice simple arena with a few nice tricks, but no, we get this. TKF continues to walk around the strange arena until he spots an ominous looking stranger, he seems bewildered as well. On closer look, TKF recognizes it as his boss, Sneaze the Grass Gym Leader!

"Sneaze! Is that you!? What the fuck is this place? Apost cant be fucking serious can he?"

"Oh he is serious alright, but he is in for a serious ass kicking!"

Seemingly at the mention of his name, Apost appears from out of the shadows.

"About time you got her Apost! What you couldnt even change out of your Bird Catcher clothes? Your still got bird shit and feathers all over you!"

"Yeah sorry was a bit of a rushed thing, i had other plans but something came up and yeah now this is my thing! Shall we get started again oh benevolent TKF?"

"Sure wynaut, lets get this thing going shall we?

After shaking hands, the two trainers take their places. The psychic gym hopeful waits patiently to see his opponents first choice and Sneaze isnt one to keep someone wait................lol Sneaze unclips a pokeball from his belt and tosses it into the air. In a dazzling display of light arrives Miss Missy Miss the Mischievous Mismagius! The spoopy ghost has a bit of a history, a legend of the league some would say, i wonder how Apost feels about that? He looks relatively composed as he selects his own pokeball, tossing it in front of him with a flick of the wrist. Hooves stamp down on the gravel covered ground as Rogue the Girafarig appears before her opponent, the paladromic giraffe looks eager to please her trainer, she knows a lot rides on this match.

Rogues eyes glow bright blue as she taps into her psychic powers, but as soon as she manages to make the connection with them, she is interrupted by a piercing screech. Miss Missy Miss is wasting no time putting her banshee cry to great use, using her white noise to interrupt the Girafarigs attack, as well as boost her own special attack! She floats closer to Rogue as she completes her attack, she seems to be preparing for something.

Hoping to somehow top that dazzlingly display of vocal dominance, Rogue prepares to expel her voice, but before she can expel it at a hyper level, she is suddenly captivated by the strange dark energy thats glowing around the front left tassel of Missy's body. The Mismagius is moving in quickly, Rogue's attention concentrated on the dark energy. With a quick underhanded movement, Missy switches the dark energy over to her opposite side and sucker punches Rogue in the draw. Rogue is left reeling, the attack startling her and disrupting her concentration.

Rogue took a strong hit while Missy avoided damage. Rogue used barely any energy while Missy is still fresh, half her dark left and she has a slight boost to her special attack.

Sneaze to order
Old 03-16-2016, 01:33 PM   #7
Aposteriori
Banned

With Sneaze's permission, Worker's badge was added.

Yeah, no. Taking the badge out.

Last edited by Aposteriori; 04-10-2016 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:20 PM   #8
Sneaze

"Swift as you back off. Then hit it with a Hyper Voice."

Quote:
Old 04-10-2016, 07:23 PM   #9
Aposteriori
Banned

Two eternities later.

--

Aposteriori: "You have been hungry for some action. Nail her with Shadow Ball, and don't be shy to chomp down on her with Crunch, currently there is no indication that she is out of reach.

Rogue: "Got it."

Last edited by Aposteriori; 04-10-2016 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:28 AM   #10
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Round 2: Banshee Bite

Intent on keeping the battle moving along steadily, Miss Missy Miss (i strangely call my pup Missy Miss Miss lol) floats backwards as she summons up some glistening stars. She sends the shining stars swiftly sailing towards the ravenous Rogue. Crying out as she is bombared by the stars, Rogue holds her ground and begins to gather the dark shadows from within the arena. Spoopy energy flows into the orb that is slowly forming in front of her mouth, soon constructing a shadow ball! She launches the orb with a swing of her neck that is really not long enough for a giraffe pokemon, but nonetheless the orb is spinning its way towards Missy! Luckily for Missy there is no ethereal in this ridiculous arena. The ball explodes on contact and a spoopy breeze runs over her as she takes a powerful supereffective hit.

Miss Missy Miss seems to feel like showing of her amazing vocals, exuding a powerful blast of hyper voice! The waves of energy laden sound ripple over Rogue, causing her to shiver slightly as Missy continues to float away. Rogue doesnt plan to let her get away though, she plans to crunch onto her before she can escape! She gallops towards Missy and leaps up towards her (since she was order go upwards last round), but she only manages to get a partial blow on her leave thing before falling back to the ground.

Rogue closed the health gap somewhat, being just into her second third while Missy nears the end of her first. Rogue is still feeling pretty fresh and Missy can manage two. Rogue has half her dark and ghost energy left.

Apost to order
Old 04-12-2016, 06:58 AM   #11
Aposteriori
Banned

I think you reffed her movement a bit too liberally given the fact that she also attacked me to interrupt. I see why Jeri likes to ask for position every so often since there is nothing in the reffing that implies that she moved up!

--

Dazzling Gleam. Psychic.
Old 04-16-2016, 03:22 AM   #12
Sneaze

Oops didn't see that you ordered.

"Put it down with a Hypnosis, amplified with your chanting. If it didn't get off a move, Spite the Crunch from before, otherwise, pop off a Toxic."

Quote:
Old 04-18-2016, 10:34 PM   #13
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Round 3: Sleepy time

After dealing some nasty blows last round, Rogue seems determine to continue offensive pressure. She releases a burst of dazzling fairy energy towards Missy, who recoils from the bright gleam of the attack. Her vision slightly impaired from the brightness of that last attack, Missy's eyes light up in a bright blue hue. Hypnotic waves begin to flow over Rogue, her eyes start to grow heavy. It isnt long before Rogue succumbs to slumber, curling up on the hard floor as she falls asleep.

With her opponent sleeping away, Missy has all the time in the world to carry out her malicious plans. She begins to form and orb of toxic energy in front of her mouth, before spraying it all over the slumbering rogue. Rogue doesnt know it but she now has toxins seeping into her blood stream, she will surely come to realize how detrimental this will be.

Rogue actually holds the slightest of needs now as Missy enters her second third. Rogue is asleep and toxic poisoned which will start next round. Rogue can fuel another dazzling gleam while Missy has half her poison and 2/3rds of her psychic left. Missy wants a break now.

Sneaze to order
Old 06-15-2016, 05:05 AM   #14
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by austoman View Post
Sneaze can you please order? You have promised me you would a thousand times now lol while I really want to battle you this really is turning into a waste of time. Cheers bro
Old 06-15-2016, 05:38 AM   #15
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

This is a corruption slot not a real slot :p but yes even I am starting to think this is ridiculous lol
Old 06-18-2016, 06:51 PM   #16
Aposteriori
Banned

Ill give this a hopeful 48 hours.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:34 PM   #17
Aposteriori
Banned

Cancelling
Old 06-22-2016, 09:12 PM   #18
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Corruption slot cancelled for some reason even though it doesnt effect you to have it sitting here collecting dust.

1SP for me?
Old 06-22-2016, 09:16 PM   #19
Aposteriori
Banned

I think it affects me in principle. I dont need to have someone as arrogant as Sneaze trying to show me a "lesson" in humility when he is the first one lacking any resemblance to that word. To blatantly not order and stall out a match for what is a game marketed for ten year olds is beyond my scope of understanding. His point to cling on to? Jeri got upset at me last week for something that was handled poorly, yet the orders have been missing for over almost two months prior to that incident.

Thank you for reffing TFK!
Old 06-22-2016, 11:24 PM   #20
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

I hate that you keep throwing the 10yr old thing around, pokemon is far more than that lol anyone under 10 barely knows anything about pokemon. Also the fact you put it in every statement you make annoys me immensely
Old 06-22-2016, 11:35 PM   #21
Miror
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aposteriori View Post
I think it affects me in principle. I dont need to have someone as arrogant as Sneaze trying to show me a "lesson" in humility when he is the first one lacking any resemblance to that word. To blatantly not order and stall out a match for what is a game marketed for ten year olds is beyond my scope of understanding. His point to cling on to? Jeri got upset at me last week for something that was handled poorly, yet the orders have been missing for over almost two months prior to that incident.

Thank you for reffing TFK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
I hate that you keep throwing the 10yr old thing around, pokemon is far more than that lol anyone under 10 barely knows anything about pokemon. Also the fact you put it in every statement you make annoys me immensely
Closing this since apparently this had to be dragged out even further than it was. Fantastic conduct all around.[/sarcasm]

Last edited by Miror; 06-22-2016 at 11:43 PM.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL