UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Time Out

Old 03-13-2016, 06:27 PM   #1
Aposteriori
Banned

Hydreigon PBN Trainer Rankings: February 2016

With permission of Jeri

Welcome one and all to the new and improved Trainer Rankings of 2016, which passes all the changes that have happened up through the month of February. There have been a lot of changes over this time period, so let's getting moving on to see what those are. I will get them done every three months, I promise.

As always, here's how things stood in the last Trainer Rankings, back in December '14...

1. Jerichi
=2. DaveTheFishGuy & Sneasel12
4. Dream Breaker
5. Shadowshocker
6. Charminions
7. Kairne
8. Connor
9. blazeVA
10. Apollo77
11. Kindrindra
12. Firewater
13. Lucario188
14. Red Panda
15. Lost
16. Sparkbeat
17. Lanturn
18. Son_of_Shadows
19. Kyro12
20. Miror

With a full year rolling around, and people disappearing, it is time to make an objective list.

Spoiler: show

01. Jerichi
02. DaveTheFishGuy
03. Sneaze [-]
04. Mercutio [NE]
05. Charminions [+]
06. Connor [+]
07. Slash
08. Shadowshocker [-]
09. Emi
10. Stlbk [NE]
11. KamenAeons [NE]
12. Firewater [-]
13. Snorby [NE]
14. Miror [+]
15. Aposteriori [NE]
16. Machamp-X [NE]
17. Zelphon [NE]
18. Mew The Gato [NE]
19. Son_of_Shadows [-]
20. Lanturn [-]

Spoiler: show

03-Sneaze takes on spot three; he has never truly beaten either Dave or Jerichi just yet in fair match. He is strong and force to be reckoned with, and he is objectively compared to a Slaking: tough, until he gets bored.

04-Mercutio makes a no surprise entry at spot 4. He might goof off against a newbie here and there. That does not mean that he is going to go easy on everyone. When he does take the match serious enough, he is one of the toughest trainers to face.

05-Charminions takes spot #5, though not completing a match in a long time could hurt his chances at staying within the spot. Gotta keep up with the meta, and falling for bide several times during gym is a no no.

06-Connor has shown battling grit like no other, making him rise to spot #6. He might have lost his gym match against Charminions and ShadowShocker, but overall he has been a consistent member that is hard to face, and has gone toe to toe with plenty of ASB members.

07-Slash will forever be the odd ball out. Unpredictable, and always a pleasure to face. You just never can predict truly what he will do. Once a match gets rolling, there is little that makes him lose momentum. He has his fare share of loses in the last year, but never has he not given his all. Excellent trainer overall.

08-ShadowShocker has demostrated dominance over his gym in the past several years. The reason he went down is because during regular matchups, he does not fare as well. He is not easy to face, but his battling style is pretty straightforward, allowing trainers to punch holes in his strategy.

09-Emi is on the rise, and might even surpass many of the trainers above in the future, should she stick to her craft. She values stall, and I must say that is not the easiest thing to pull off in terms of the hyper offensive environment of ASB. She remains within her rightful spot. Keep rising!

10-Stlbk has years of experience behind him so spot #10 seems a natural fit, and picking up ASB is almost second nature to him. Don't let the rust fool you with this one.

11-Kamen has risen out of nowhere, and with enough dedication, he starts off the bottom 10 of our list.

12-Firewater keeps dropping, and he should possibly update himself in current ASB affairs. Spot #11 is fitting for now. He is not terribly bad, just not terribly good.

13-Snorby is our resident electric gym leader. He is great overall, and he surely did a steady climb to this spot. With enough grit, he might overpass Firewater in no time.

14-Miror took the gold in the up and comers tour, though by DQ. Shocker ASB, shocker. He is getting there, and you should probably not take him lightly. Spot #13 is not too shabby for this gold and bold trainer.

15-Myself on the list? Why not, I beat the previous number 4 Dream Breaker, and he did end up forfeiting the match after all. I'm not as terrible as Sneaze would want to portray me. If you don't believe me, fight me. I'm always willing.

16-Machamp-X deserves a mention, though he needs to stop his newbie bashing, eventually! Going after the big guns has helped him secure this spot, and basically taking down a Flygon with Armaldo is no easy feet.

17-Zelphon, to rise he must beat at least one trainer in the top 5 at some point. Once you do that, you are sure to go up.

18-Mew The Gato has shown much improvement over the year. Not a scrub, not yet a gym leader. Oh you!

19-Son_of_Shadows is right there from usurping Mew from his spot. It will forever go down in ASB history that he lost Nidoqueen to an Umbreon though, so we gotta make a dig against that. His win/loss record is improving, so keep on fighting, you angry Irish you.

20-Lanturn has shown great battling skills, and I wish I saw more of him. Though not fully inactive, he needs to improve his presence.

Honorable mentions:

-Luka has shown her abilities to be the master of doubles. Wish she was more active! She has what it takes to rise back on the list. Come back girl!

-TFK is someone you should look out for, and I can see him making the list soon enough.

--

Now, go fight. Go fight the top ten for solid notables, and please feel free to share links of any match where you are facing someone on the top 20. Happy battling ASB.

Last edited by Aposteriori; 03-15-2016 at 08:02 AM.
Aposteriori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:32 PM   #2
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Oh hey I was wondering when this was going to be a thing again.

Better use Bide against Charm this time.

Fuck these crabs
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:36 PM   #3
Mercutio
Banned

If I beat Jeri (again) and take his badge do I get top level ranking?
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:39 PM   #4
Aposteriori
Banned

No, you will have to beat him in a non gym match to see Jeri drop, not you rise. You will have to beat Dave and Jeri to consider a rise sir. It is easier to drop, than it is to rise imo.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:40 PM   #5
Mercutio
Banned

Given that Jeri doesn't battle outside of the Gym and Dave doesn't battle at all I would make an argument that that is dumb, but I have never ever cared about this thread so that's fine go crazy.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:43 PM   #6
Aposteriori
Banned

I will give Dave three months to come up with one match. If he fails to do so, he will be removed from the list. Last I checked you are battling Jeri and Connor is reffing it, no?

Also, go fight Sneaze in a clean fight.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:47 PM   #7
captainmisato
Thunder Badge

Goal for 2016: make this list and don't disappear. Lol

can my one notable win from like 7 months ago count
captainmisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:48 PM   #8
Aposteriori
Banned

I will give a cutoff date to October 2015.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:54 PM   #9
captainmisato
Thunder Badge

captainmisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:59 PM   #10
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

So... how's this work?
Old 03-13-2016, 07:01 PM   #11
Snorby
Snackin'

Oh this is back lol

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:05 PM   #12
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

I don't think lanturn deserves to drop of the list and Luka be added to it. She has been far from active and aside from her double battling ability and GT position I don't see how she fits in.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:08 PM   #13
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Savage View Post
So... how's this work?
You battle, you rise, you fall, you curl up into a ball. We need an objective measure of how to keep people on the radar. Who to look out for, and who is dropping the ball are things to consider. Battle anyone in the top 20, and you will gain notability, all depending on how well you do against the trainer. Many factors are taken into account such as battle length, actual use of tactics, etc. Make it gud, so we know you are getting gud. Link the match where you face someone who is of higher skill if you want to be considered to be part of the list. People within rank 1-10 will have a harder time falling; they might be removed into an inacive pool, but will be restored to their spot +/-, all depends on what is hot at the moment. People within rank 11-20 who fail to seek out at least one member worth their skill level will have their ranking fall and dropped without further notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
I don't think lanturn deserves to drop of the list and Luka be added to it. She has been far from active and aside from her double battling ability and GT position I don't see how she fits in.
Hmm... This is not Aposteriori's best friends club, so you might have a point. I was holding out for her, and she is missed dearly. I will drop her out because I need to face the reality that she is not that active anymore.

Last edited by Aposteriori; 03-13-2016 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:24 PM   #14
RealMrGame10
Sad Sora

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmisato View Post
Goal for 2016: make this list and don't disappear. Lol

can my one notable win from like 7 months ago count
me except i have no notable wins

I don't even have a lot of notable losses

Me on SP

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap
RealMrGame10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:28 PM   #15
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Honestly speaking you can't really do this objectively without heavy use of the maths™.

But you can really do it objectively anyways.

Fuck these crabs
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:32 PM   #16
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
Honestly speaking you can't really do this objectively without heavy use of the maths™.

But you can really do it objectively anyways.
I will say this: I read 90% of the matches out there, and I don't disregard members opinions. It is heavily weighed by opinions, yes. However, you can measure someone's battle skill if they do manage to beat someone on the list as a bare minimum requirement. If you are losing, well you drop. It needs to be more dynamic than just my perception. I'm talking about losing in a real match, not a leveller, or due to a horrible ref mistake.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:48 PM   #17
Zelphon
Frigid Memer

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Oh cool I'm on the list

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:50 PM   #18
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
Oh cool I'm on the list
You're at 17.

My highest ranking ever was 18.

It's time to make a comeback.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:52 PM   #19
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
You're at 17.

My highest ranking ever was 18.

It's time to make a comeback.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:17 PM   #20
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

>tfw not even mentioned.
Kuvario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:21 PM   #21
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
>tfw not even mentioned.
Sorry bud, TFK steamrolled you when you were using a an almost full squad of water typed Pokemon. You have three months for redemption!
Old 03-13-2016, 08:27 PM   #22
Sneaze
I'm sorry, Talon :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
I mean, you can say I haven't beaten Dave or Jeri in a fair matchup all you want, but... I definitely beat Dave in a literal mirror match, so there's that.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:28 PM   #23
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
I mean, you can say I haven't beaten Dave or Jeri in a fair matchup all you want, but... I definitely beat Dave in a literal mirror match, so there's that.
That was a poopy pokebowl z match. Give me a real 3v3 to a 6v6. Give me substance.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:29 PM   #24
Sneaze
I'm sorry, Talon :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Would require Dave to do literally anything ASB related.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:31 PM   #25
Aposteriori
Banned

Ergo, my initial timebomb. He will be removed and become irrelevant. Such is life.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Time Out