Beautiful Savage Vs Eliteknight
2v2
Singles
Slapstick
Equiall 1
Switch=KO
48 hour DQ
idk something fun

So, Jagged Pass it is! For maximal fun, I recommend Earthquake spam.

The arena:
Spoiler: show
Jagged Pass (Outdoor Custom Arena): The battle takes place down the steep slopes of Mt. Chimney. Due to close proximity to the mouth of the active volcano, Jagged Pass is quite hot, and a steady fall of soot descends on the mountain path. Because of the steepness of the pass's ledges, it is recommended that clumsy or cumbersome Pokemon be left at home. The pass is quite rocky and boulders are in large supply, though moves such as Earthquake and Bulldoze may trigger (~25%) the unintended effect of awakening the volcano.

Anyway, Sav, squad up!
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 02:15 PM   #2
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.

Bazooka - Level 1 Female Magby
Biography - As a kid, Bazooka always wanted to play out in the rain with all the other baby!Pokemon. But of course, she couldn't, because she's a Magby and would fucking die or something. So, much to the woe of the Pokemon around her, she learned this technique to simulate the experience.
Hidden Power - Fighting
Signature: Special Attack: Lava!Rain
Using Solid energy, Bazooka shoots a ball of fire energy into the sky. This causes black clouds to come and completely block out the sun, and soon it begins to rain Lava. Much like Rain Dance, it drizzles Lava for a round and then outright pours for the next two. Lava levels are equivalent to levels of Rain in Rain Dance. Lava!Rain can only be used outdoors, and causes damage to the arena and burns where applicable. Also, Bazooka may only use Lava!Rain once per match.

Okkoto - Level 1 Male Phanpy
Biography - Okkoto was born into an ancient and proud tribe of Phanpy and Donphan. Unfortunately, he was also born blind, with heightened senses of smell and hearing to make up for his disability. However, the tribe always went out of their way to shelter and protect him due to his handicap. When I encountered this tribe during my travels, Okkoto decided to join me to learn to use his heightened senses in battle to protect himself without the help of his tribe, and to one day return to his family as a strong warrior Donphan.
Hidden Power - Fairy
Signature: Special Training: Daredevil
Because Okkoto is blind, he must use his senses of smell hearing to "see." This gives him an immunity to all vision based moves or vision based effects of moves. Following this logic, Okkoto cannot use moves that require him to have eyesight. Additionally, moves that create a strong scent may "blind" him, and extremely loud noises may temporarily disorient him.

Oren - Level 1 Male Phantump
Biography - The first time I laid my eyes on Oren he looked back at me with a sadistic glint in his eyes, and it hasn't left since. After a few days of training, I quickly found his favorite attack to be Will-o-Wisp and surmised that Oren is a pyromaniac. That's right, my little Phantump enjoys lighting fires for fun. So I figured I'd roll with it by helping him develop this attack.
Hidden Power - Dark
Signature: Special Attack: Wildfire
Due to Oren's love of fire, we decided to further improve his Will-o-Wisp to the point that it became an all new attack. Using Significant energy, Oren shoots a large orb of green fire at his opponent. This orb explodes upon impact, causing Solid damage and throwing fire everywhere that burns on any surface, including water. Additionally, the fiery explosion causes severe burns 60% of the time, and normal burns the other 40% of the time. Oren gains enough Fire energy to use this twice per match and an immunity to his own wildfire flames. However, he loses the ability to use normal Will-o-Wisp and Curse.

Polaris - Level 1 Genderless Magnemite
Biography - N/A
Hidden Power - Rock
Signature - N/A

Blink - Level 1 Female Ralts
Biography - Blink has an... aggressive personality, to say the least. She prefers attacking and offensive techniques to the mental tricks Psychic Types like herself are known for. So she learned a new attack to reflect this facet of her personality.
Hidden Power - Fire
Signature: Special Attack: Dazzler
Using Significant energy, Blink creates 10 small orbs of bright Fairy energy of varying bright colors, which she proceeds to send flying at her opponent at high speeds dealing Significant damage. Additionally, the fast moving bright lights have a 70% to disorient opponents, causing a decrease in accuracy lasting between two and three rounds. Obviously, Pokemon that are blind or do not have eyes do not suffer from the disorienting effects of this move.
Item - Pixie Dust

Adina - Level 1 Female Scraggy
Biography - N/A
Hidden Power - Poison
Signature - N/A
Old 03-11-2016, 02:48 PM   #3
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Items:

Quote:
Mawilite (TL1 Mega stone) - This item allows Mawile to Mega Evolve into Mega Mawile when held during battle.
-----

Quote:
Nightstalker’s Token (10 SP) - The Nightstalker’s Token can be attached to Dark-type Pokémon only and greatly enhances their natural abilities. The wearer’s ability to trick the opponent is greatly increased, as is their ability to scare opposing Pokémon, regardless of intelligence or stature. In addition, the wearer’s curses are more difficult to remove and have more potent effects than they would usually. The wearer can use attacks like Sucker Punch up to twice on the same target, instead of the usual one use limit. This item causes the move Fling to deal Dark type damage if it is thrown. This token may be purchased during the week long Halloween 2014 event and may be purchased up to one time per trainer.
Level 2

Angus Young: Male Shiny Gible (Uplevel)
[Dragon]: Dragon-types tend to be strong swimmers and fliers, though they are not always as agile as other Pokémon. They fight more enthusiastically in warm climates but are less enthusiastic in colder ones. They radiate warmth from their core, and are slightly more resistant to chilling effects than other Pokemon. They are naturally very powerful Pokemon and their Dragon type attacks will have a stronger knockback than normal, but will deal no extra damage because of this.
[Ground]: Ground-type Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 0.75x the usual damage from Electric-type attacks, and will take neutral damage from Electric when wet. Ground types do not suffer from recoil damage when using Electric attacks in the water. Ground-type Pokémon are more adept at manipulating outdoor and 'natural' environments than other Pokémon and will spend less energy using Dig, Earthquake etc. This allows them to use Ground attacks on any surface, with the exception of Dig. They can also cause the ground to shake more vigorously when using Earthquake and Bulldoze.
Biography: N/A
Signature Trait: Pending
Hidden Power: Poison

Level 1

Catelyn: Female Mawile @
Species Characteristics: Mawile (Steel/Fairy): Mawile's metal jaws are very strong and exceptionally difficult to force open. Attacks involved with them are 1.2x stronger then normal. Their techniques that are based on cuteness (such as Charm, Attract, Sweet Kiss, etc) are slightly more effective. Mawile can see in the dark. In its Mega Forme, Mawile gains a second jaw. The two jaws can be controlled independently of one another, allowing for a great deal of physical manipulation. Mawile's deceptive attacks are also extremely potent in this form, gaining a 15% boost in damage and are likely to trick the foe, even if they've been deceived before.
[Steel]: Steel-type Pokémon generally have tempered bodies, meaning they take slightly reduced damage from physical attacks. Their Steel type attacks are more proficient at cutting through energy, allowing them to reduce damage while breaking through them, unlike other Pokemon. Most are so heavy that they will sink in water, so they stay away from deep-water sources if possible, though they are not bothered by water to the degree Rock-types are. Most Steel Pokémon prefer cold temperatures to hot ones. Steel-types are resistant to XX and take neutral damage from the damaging effects of Normal-type energy in the ASB, as opposed to resisted damage in the games. They are immune to the damaging effects of Poison-type energy and are difficult to poison.
[Fairy]: Fairy-types are generally pure hearted and gregarious. They prefer natural environments and will fight more enthusiastically in them, but they will not be off put by urban environments. Any attack used by a Fairy-type which manipulates the environment is slightly more effective owing to the magical energies involved and attacks which boost allied Pokémon is slightly more effective at providing a buff. They are immune to the damaging effects of Dragon-typed energy.
Biography: Mawile Lived in a cave on the island on dewford, one day team magma arrived bringing their fire type pokemon attacking all of the mawile in fear of them mega evolving. Mawile in her rage released a burst of energy into the ground. The resulting energy caused the cave to colapse
Signature: Earthshaker [Ground]
Mawile can now use earthquake twice per battle
Hidden Power: Water

-----

Gene Simmons: Male Lickitung
Species Characteristics: Lickitung (Normal): Lickitung have long tongues, which can extend out to eight feet to hit enemies. Any attack a Lickitung does with its tongue deals x1.1 damage, with a 10% chance of paralysis.
[Normal]: Normal-type Pokémon are able to use support moves to greater effect than other Pokémon, with them being performed slightly quicker and being slightly more potent. Being beings of great balance, they benefit more from the positive effects of weather and other arena affecting moves, but will not suffer as badly from the negative effects. In the ASB, Normal-types take resisted damage from the damaging effects of Ghost-type energy.
Signature: N/A
Hidden Power: N/A

-----

Axl Rose: Male Piplup
Species Characteristics: Piplup (Water): Piplup are very proud Pokémon and will not be discouraged easily. If their attack fails, they will become more energetic and have a 10% chance of getting a slight boost to both attack and special attack. They have a fine layer of down that allows them to swim in cold water comfortably and endure freezing temperatures. They are also familiar with the Flying type. As starter Pokémon, their Water-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/3 health.
[Water]: Water-type Pokémon are generally able to hold their breath and/or breathe underwater. The time varies, from several rounds in the case of birds, mammals and reptiles to indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are generally good swimmers, with fish excelling the most, and are better at manipulating Water for moves like Surf and Whirlpool than other Pokémon, using less energy to do so even outside of water. Their Surf and Whirlpool attacks do not lose potency when used without a water source.
Signature: N/A
Hidden Power: N/A

-----

Brian Johnston: Male Murkrow @
[Dark]: Dark-types can see in the dark. They fight more enthusiastically at night and are more effective at hiding in dark environments than other Pokémon, though light does not adversely affect them. Their Dark type attacks will also become much more intimidating during the night, giving them a small additional chance to flinch. They are immune to the damaging effects of Psychic-type energy but may still be lifted and manipulated by telekinesis. They are slightly better at tricking opponents than other Pokémon, allowing them to plant more potent curses and to use moves like Feint Attack to greater effect.
[Flying]: Flying-type Pokémon are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation than other Pokémon. Because of their skill in controlling their movement, they are more difficult to evade when using physical moves and more likely to succeed in dodging attacks. This also means that they are much harder to knock off course after gathering momentum. They are also more adept at commanding the wind, and they can use these attacks with slightly less energy than normal. Flying type Pokémon are affected normally by the damaging effects of Ground-typed energy and take neutral damage from Ground type moves in the ASB. They fight more enthusiastically in spacious arenas but are not put off by cramped conditions.
Signature Trait: Pending
Hidden Power: Ground

-----

Jaime: Male Toxicroak
[Poison]: Poison-type Pokémon are immune to poisoning. Their Poison-type attacks are slightly more likely to succeed in poisoning their targets than those used by other Pokémon and the effects will be slightly more potent. They also have an additional 10% chance to poison the target when using physical attacks with their most venomous appendages e.g. a Seviper’s tail, a Nidoking’s horn.
[Fighting]: Fighting-type Pokémon train extensively, more than any other Pokémon type, giving them greater endurance and readiness than other Pokémon and allowing them to push themselves harder for longer. They are more accurate with their physical blows and more adept at blocking and countering physical attacks, able to do this against most physical assaults. Being physically powerful, they can lift much more than normal Pokémon, though this does not grant them an attack boost. They fight more enthusiastically in urban environments but are not adversely affected by more natural surroundings
Biography: Jaime is the most aggressive swordsman of the Lannisters. He has spent his entire life training to be the most effective close ranged fighter he could in order to impress the matriarch Tywin. However Tywin never gave Jaime the acknowledgement that he desired so he trained and trained until on day Jaime mastered the art that many don’t get until they become Toxicroaks.
Special Training: The Lannisters send their regards (Poison)
Jaime has received the Toxicroak species characteristic of 10% of poisoning from any move from their hands. Upon evolving Jaime will have a 10% chance of toxic poisoning his opponents from any move from his hands.
Hidden Power: Dark

-----

Gene Simmons go forth

PASBL Squad l C+ Grade Ref l Grass Gym Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Well I don't know I wanted to deal damage and Starmie is inorganic :X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Starmie is a starfish, it is not inorganic :p
Quote:
Kush I'm TL1. How am I supposed to know things if you don't tell me them?
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Eliteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:50 PM   #4
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.

Adina, you're up!

Start off with a Low Kick, then get 'im with a Toxic.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:10 PM   #5
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Supersonic then give them some toxic

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Old 03-13-2016, 04:54 PM   #6
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Round 1: Rocky Start.

And so the two trainers face off on the unexpectedly accommodating crags of the Jagged Pass, with the relative newblet Beautiful Savage on one side, facing the much more experienced Eliteknight. And on a sign from the referee, both battlers unleash the contents of their balls into the arena, revealing a Scraggy for Savvy and EK's Lickitung.

And on cue, the battle begins, with the Scraggy taking initiative and diving in for a Low Kick, sending the Normal type stumbling! Attempting to handicap his opponent, Gene unleashes a wave of Supersonic sound, confusing the hoodlum as she tries to figure out what the hell she's doing.

As the Dark type looks befuddled as all hell, he still can't seem to figure out what she was asked to do. Apparently attempting to jog her memory, the Lickitung uses the exact same move, spewing Toxic crap all over her diminutive frame! This doesn't help the bemused Fighting type however, as she just stands there.

Summary
Gene was the only one to take damage, sliding into his first third. Adina is confused and badly poisoned, which kicks in next round. Both are good for two, Gene's on half Poison.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:55 AM   #7
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

hidden powers + sigs not approved at time of this thread going up .cri

body slam him then dynamic punch him afterwords

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:24 PM   #8
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.

Distance?
Old 03-16-2016, 01:52 AM   #9
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Not far from melee range, the Lickitung backed up slightly after the kick, but not too far. Easily closable.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:24 PM   #10
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

bump for savage

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:50 PM   #11
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.

I didn't forget I was just busy, then lazy, then watching Daredevil. I'm about to go do some shopping for an upcoming trip, then when I come back I have one episode of Daredevil left, then I'll be doing ASB things.

TL;DR: Give me a few more hours.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:51 PM   #12
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.

Protect yourself from the Body Slam, then meet that Dynamic Punch with a Drain Punch
Old 03-21-2016, 04:34 PM   #13
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Round 2: Up close and personal.

Deciding to put his rather large body to some use, the Lickitung dashes forwards, attempting to Body Slam the rather diminutive Fighting type! Unfortunately for Gene, the Scraggy has other ideas, understanding its orders through the haze of confusion and throwing up a Protective barricade which sends the Lickitung bouncing off and into a rock. As the tongue demon returns to its feet, the Dark type drops the shield, ready for the next phase of battle.

Charging at his foe once more, the Lickitung summons colossal amounts of Fighting energy into its hand, swinging a Dynamic Punch at the ruffian Pokemon! Bewildered, the Scraggy attempts to remember its orders, but the confusion makes it a bit too hard as it gets slammed full in the body by the punch, sending it tumbling! Ah well, at least it broke the confusion. And now toxic poisoning kicks in.

Summary
Adina took her first hit of the match, tumbling into her first third and handing Gene a slight health lead.Gene's on half Fighting and Adina's still badly poisoned, although the confusion's cleared. Both are good for two.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:20 AM   #14
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.

Trip it up with a Low Kick, then give a nice 'n strong Brick Break.
Old 03-25-2016, 01:05 PM   #15
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Bide.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.

Last edited by Eliteknight; 03-25-2016 at 01:13 PM.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:02 PM   #16
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Round 3: ...Oh for gods' sake.

Deciding to move in and establish a health lead, Adina rushes over, delivering a Low Kick, which knocks the fat tongue demon to the floor. Pained, the Lickitung stumbles back to its feet, before taking a Brick Break to the head as it rises, knocking it backwards a way. And then it happens. The Bide breaks, the Lickitung releasing a veritable nuke of Fighting energy that sends the Scraggy flying into the cliff face, but still holding on to life. But for how much longer?

Summary
Adina got absolutely fucking obliterated this round, plunging into her final third, while Gene's health advantage is a lot narrower than he'd like it to be. Lickitung is absolutely fucking knackered, Adina's good for two.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:09 PM   #17
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Um hide does doubles damage and then two times damage so wouldn't it be koed
At least by my math it does...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:43 AM   #18
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Nope. Your math is apparently wrong.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:32 PM   #19
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Lick then body slam

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:43 PM   #20
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.

Distance?
Old 03-28-2016, 02:01 AM   #21
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

There's a good bit between them, but nothing Scraggy can't close relatively quickly.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:48 PM   #22
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.

Alrighty Adina, bear with me here. Start off with a FC Focus Blast while Lickitung closes the gap. Then, you should be able to Detect that tongue before it gets to you. Finish up with a Drain Punch.

Three confirmed.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:46 PM   #23
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Round 4: AGAIN WITH THE AWFUL MOVES

As the knackered Lickitung attempts to Lick his foe, with the vague hope of paralyzing the Fighting type, the Scraggy has other plans, charging a Focus Blast in her rather small hands, before firing it into the rapidly approaching tongue! The resulting blast leaves the Lickitung reeling, the Normal type still somehow alive, but deeply hurt by the strike, whereas the Scraggy appears to have just been sent stumbling by the shockwaves.

Anyway, the Lickitung dashes forwards to Body Slam his foe, the much fresher Scraggy Detects the movement and manages to dodge the move, causing some mild irritation on his opponent's half. And then just to drive it home, the Dark type unleashes a Drain Punch, sapping what remains of his opponent's vitality to refill his own health. And with that the Lickitung falls.

Gene Simmons is unable to battle! EK, your next Pokemon please!

Adina actually regained health, and is in need of a breather.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:04 PM   #24
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Axl Rose since you actually need leveling

Drill peck follow up with a water fall

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:26 PM   #25
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.

High Jump Kick.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL