UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 03-09-2016, 01:44 AM   #1
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Sableye UPN PASBL: Trot Away (C) vs Fairfax(A)

Alrighty then. It's a beautiful day outside, the trainers are ready the rocks are... rocking. On days like these, kids like you, should be having a battle.

Quote:
Trot Away (C) vs. Fairfax (A)
2 vs 2
Slapstick
36 Hr DQ
Equiall 1
Switch = KO
Arena: Rock
A simple arena, the Rock arena consists primarily of fairly easily manipulated soil. The ground underfoot is rife with rocks and other such minerals, meaning attacks such as Stealth Rock work with impunity, and attacks such as Earthquake will transmit readily. The main aspect setting the Rock arena apart is the numerous boulders interspersed across the field. These will provide ample cover for most smaller Pokemon, and are open for manipulation. This includes being used to fuel attacks such as Rock Slide, as well as being able to be thrown by some stronger Pokemon. Within reason, if one of the batters mentions positioning of a rock, the battler is considered to be correct unless it contradicts a previous statement.
Fairly simple battle on a simple arena, between Fairfax who is new and Trot who is- wait, How did Trot get to TL4 before me? Dangit that's what i get for not reffing. Welp let's fix that. Trot knows how this goes but in case Fairfax needs a reminder:

Trot squads
Fairfax squads and sends out a pokemon
Trot sends out a pokemon and orders
Fairfax counter orders
I ref and we do it all again backwards.

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show

Last edited by biggggg5; 04-06-2016 at 04:53 PM.
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:01 AM   #2
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Thank you for picking this up, Biggggg5! And well met, Fairfax. I'm surprised you chose me as one of your first opponents. Maybe with this matchup this scatterbrain can teach you a thing or two. May the best trainer win! Alright everyone, gather around!

Delvin - Delibird, Male, Level 1 Reporting in for active battling duty!
Bio
Bio: This daring deliverer I came across during a trip to one of the colder cities, down on his luck and longing for a home. Taking a liking, I was more than happy to take him in as my own. As a doting young Courier, Delvin is a confident and curious fellow who likes traveling places, no matter where it may take him! Apparently he is a member of the recently added division of a certain pokemon delivery service. He does whatever he can to deliver the goods safely and reliably to the destination! When not around, he is usually out on a route.

Boinko - Spoink, Male, Level 1 Boing boing! Give it your best, I know I will.
Bio
With a distinct "Boing" everywhere he goes, Boinko always looks forward with a literal bounce in his step. He's friendly enough, but is kind of a know-it-all! He doesn't mean to be rude, but his habit of bouncing in and telling you how something didn't work often irritates the others. Still, it always helps to have somebody spring me along when i'm stuck!

Hidden Power: Dark

Xai Mei - Meinfoo, Female, level 1 I've no room for silliness right now, have at you.
Bio/Signature
Bio: This somewhat stoic pokemon come out of nowhere when I was exploring in the East, she saw...something in me and said that she wishes to tag along. I still think she was flattering me, but I was more than happy to oblige. She is always calm and has a sense of honor and discipline about her, and is partial to the nonsense of the others. She is not above mingling and playing with everyone else, although she tends to keep up a sense of decency.
Signature Tech:
There was a time where one of my other pokemon, I think it was Junior, would poke and pester her to no end while she was taking a break. He even started roaring, teasing, jumping out of nowhere, and moonwalking(don't ask...), but Xai Mei held fast and would not budge. Junior, despite his energy, proclaimed, "Aww, you're no fun!" and eventually gave up. This made me think how useful that extreme state of calm would be...hmm...

Special Training: Stalwart and Stoic (Fighting)
Being always calm, collected, and clear-minded, Xai Mei is extremely resistant to mental anomalies and statuses. This also extends to resisting certain Curses such as Taunt and Torment as well. Additionally, her about wits let her track an opponent's movements better than most pokemon, having a better chance to see through illusions and trickery such as Double Team clones or Substitutes, under suitable circumstances. As she is already pretty focused as it is, she foregoes using Calm Mind, Meditate, Detect, or Power-Up Punch.

Hidden Power: Rock

Taffy - Goomy, Male, Level 1 I'm not very cool, but I am slick! *Blush*
Bio/Signature
Bio: This fellow was found in some wetlands where the ground there was thickest and most wet. I was wandering about where he plopped onto my head and surprised me quite so! After which he just stuck with me, in more ways than one! This pliable playhouse prefers to be perky. Though it doesn't take much to have his feelings hurt, and tends to throw a fit here and there whenever he doesn't get his way...He may be a little soft-hearted(and really soft-bodied), but I don't really mind! Although things obviously get messy when he gets affectionate...

Signature Tech: Speaking of, he sure loves to cause trouble with his special slime. He's been giving off much stronger secretions than usual lately, it makes a huge mess of my house like you'd never believe! Not to mention he's been very physically active, playfully making slick escapes and giving my friends the slip. We're unsure of how he's been getting so slippery, it probably might have something to do with being exposed to some oils on a trip. Either way, he's not as sluggish as you expect a pokemon like him would be anymore, in fact, quite the opposite!

Special Training: Slippery Skates (Various)
Thanks to extra layers of his slime lining his membrane, Taffy is considerably quicker and agile than typically seen from his species. Additionally, moving around will leave sticky slime trails that, if crossed, will halt the movements of most pokemon who are not surefooted or wet and slimy. He also seems to have picked up new moves at his disposal; namely Aqua Jet, Rapid Spin, Flame Charge, Quick Guard, and Fake Out. However, he won't use Outrage or Blizzard, as he seems to dislike that for some reason. As a Goodra, he won't use Focus Punch or Giga Impact either because those moves try his patience too.

Samy - Minccino, Male, Level 1 I'll try to be brave for the both of us!
Bio: Samy is my best friend, ever since I found him when I stumbled upon him in a hidden grove someplace in I-forgot-where. He is a curious chap who is always cheering me on and watching my back, even when I think I don't need it. He has a wondrous amount of talent,(and can talk too!) and is always open to learn new things. I owe plenty of my self-esteem to him, and is usually my go-to pokemon if I ever need a cheering up! Together we go on and do all kinds of adventures and explorations.

Hidden Power: Ghost
Holding: Starter's Token

Scat - Dustox, Female, Level 1 Rightcha! I'll try not to muck this up.
Bio
Bio: This dependable, but klutzy Dustox is easy to recognize from her erratic flight patterns and cockney accent. She is an odd-job who's not really the tidiest of pokemon, and that poor habit makes her prone to causing accidents with her scales...But she means well, and is loyal to any task she's given, whatever it may be. A little help from friends can also go a long way!

The following items are also in effect:
1. Starter's Token
This token boosts STAB attacks by 5%. So, for example, a Charizard wearing this token token will have boosted Fire and Flying type moves. Pokémon will use 5% more energy as normal when performing such attacks. If a Pokémon has had its type changed via type, this token boosts the type(s) to which it has been changed and does not boost the type(s) which it has lost. Attached to: Samy

Right, I think that's everything!
Trot Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:58 AM   #3
Fairfax
Aroma Lady

Send a message via Skype™ to Fairfax
Finally, the start to my fourth match! Biggggg5, it's a pleasure to have you as my ref. And Trot, may the best trainer win! (looks at your trainer level) Ehm, let's just say good luck to all, then...

Quote:

Level 1 Male Charmander - Jericho
"There is no darkness so massive that a flame cannot light it up."

Level 1 Female Flabebe - Angie
"Do you believe in magic?

Level 1 Female Sneasel - Tyril
"I've got a pair of claws with your name on 'em, buddy."

Level 2 Male Ariados - Anansi Uplevel
"To the victor go the yummy, yummy spoils.

Level 1 Male Cacnea - Alamo
"You'd best keep off me if you can't handle getting a little prickly, pardner."

Level 1 Genderless Bronzor - Oculus
"BZZZZZZZZZING!"
Go, Jericho! Let's show them what we've got!
Old 03-09-2016, 10:28 AM   #4
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Yeah, to be honest I think my Trainer Level is just a number saying what kind of pokemon I can use. There are Trainers much tougher than me (I think?). That said, I won't hold back!

A Charmander, eh? I've got a Dragon too. Taffy, ready to give 'em the slip?

Uh-huh uh-huh! I'm more slippery than most. I won't let them pick on me so easily!

Let's put things in our favor, a Rain Dance should do it. We'll give 'em a choice whether or not it's worth getting rained on...Catch him by surprise and toast 'em with your Dragon Breath! Keep an eye out and be careful...

Here we go!
Old 03-09-2016, 10:51 AM   #5
Fairfax
Aroma Lady

Well, that's gonna put a spot of rain on our parade. Don't let it get you down, Jericho! Head straight in for a Dragon Rush to show Taffy what's what! And if that Dragon-type thinks he can whip up anything more inclement than a drizzle, show him what harsh weather really is with a true-blue, straight-from-a-Fire-type Sunny Day!
Old 03-09-2016, 10:18 PM   #6
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Round 1: Weathering the Dragons

A small gust of wind blows through the arena, kicking up a swirl of dust as the two trainers stare each other down. They reach for their pokeballs and each calls out their first pokemon. Fairfax starts off with a Charmander named after either a town in Colorado that survived a fallout or the ancient city with near impenetrable walls, either way a pretty solid choice, and Trot brings out his cute little Goomy named Taffy. Great, now i want candy. Lets see what Dexter has to say while i go get some Laffy Taffy.

Quote:
Charmander (Fire): Charmander are the most agile of their family on the ground. They have flaming tails, which can be used for illumination and may burn foes if there is prolonged contact. As starter Pokémon, their Fire-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/3 health.
[Fire]: Fire-types fight most enthusiastically in hot and dry conditions. They are extremely difficult to burn and most can survive in hot liquids/molten lava for an extended period of time. Fire-type Pokémon are not adversely affected by taking dips in bodies of water, so long as the time is short. Their Fire type moves will be hotter than normal, allowing them to inflict more potent burns with a greater frequency, and their Fire type moves will naturally have a somewhat wider spread without a loss in power.
Quote:
Goomy (Dragon): Goomy are slow and slimy, but also rather soft and squishy, taking 90% damage from physical attacks. Their body is amorphous, allowing them to move across the ground by oozing or slithering, as well as making them hard to grasp. Being natural swamp dwellers, they are more comfortable in wet environments.
[Dragon]: Dragon-types tend to be strong swimmers and fliers, though they are not always as agile as other Pokémon. They fight more enthusiastically in warm climates but are less enthusiastic in colder ones. They radiate warmth from their core, and are slightly more resistant to chilling effects than other Pokemon. They are naturally very powerful Pokemon and their Dragon type attacks will have a stronger knockback than normal, but will deal no extra damage because of this.
This reffing is now sponsored by Laffy Taffy. Not really Let's get this started. Taffy starts off by jiggling a little, its almost entrancing, but it seems there is a bit of rhythm to his Jello-like shaking. It seems like this shaking is actually dancing Dancing intended to call down some Rain. However nearing the end of his dance he is blindsided by a super-effective hit. Jericho Rushed in like the Dragon his evolution will be. And while Taffy's squishy body softens the blow a little, enough to keep him from flinching this time, the typespam still hurts a lot. But the clouds still are still mostly rolled in and a few drops of rain are starting to fall, though it wont start in full force till next round.

Taffy didn't particularly care for that and replies with a dragon move of his own. The little goo ball lets out a stream of the greenish mist that we all know and love.* The Dragon Breath connects and while being a fire type makes a burn for Jericho unlikely he is unlucky enough for the paralysis to hit. And with the paralysis in play the Charmander is unable to move enough to get off that Sunny Day. And so the rain begins to fall unimpeded.

Both pokemon are good in both health and energy, though Taffy is a smidge more hurt and used a little more energy neither are out of their first third in either. Jericho is paralyzed, has used over half of his dragon energy, and rain will be in full force next round.

Fairfax, you are up to order now.

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Last edited by biggggg5; 03-09-2016 at 11:55 PM. Reason: knew i forgot something
Old 03-09-2016, 11:43 PM   #7
Fairfax
Aroma Lady

Darn it! That rain's going to be bothersome, to say the least.

And that paralysis ain't too hot either, but we can use that to our advantage! Play into it, Jericho--throw up a Facade to channel some of that rage into an attack! Then, start strafing towards that boulder with an overhang (it might provide some desperately needed cover) while firing off a second attempt at that Sunny Day.

Last edited by Fairfax; 03-10-2016 at 12:03 AM.
Fairfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:58 PM   #8
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Alright so I am still a little bit new to reffing (and a forgetful person in general) and i forgot to say how much dragon energy Jericho had used. Fairfax you have the option of editing your orders as you probably won't get a full power dragon pulse out. I only mention this now due to my blunder and because you are new. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Old 03-10-2016, 12:04 AM   #9
Fairfax
Aroma Lady

Thanks for the heads up! Don't sweat the mistake, no harm done. Orders edited.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:38 AM   #10
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Owwwiiie! Th-that hurt...*Quiver*

Ouch...! Taffy, are you ok?! Geez, with your quickness I was hoping you could have dodged that Super-Effective attack a little better, you know? At least the rain isn't going anywhere for now, so it's not too big of a setback...

*Wobble* That was mean, and now i'm gonna be mean right back at him. I'm gonna wash him out with Muddy Water before he can attack!

Yeah, that'll learn 'em! When he removes the rain with his Sunny Day, kick it right back up with your Rain Dance again...

Last edited by Trot Away; 03-10-2016 at 07:03 AM.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:55 PM   #11
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Round 2: Clap on, Clap off

After that short commercial break we are back to the action. The rain starts in earnest and the ref is provided with an umbrella because eww rain. Jericho doesn't seem to care for it much as a small but of steam starts to rise from his tail though it hasn't adversely affected him directly, though his irritation could also be from his muscles locking up on him. He tries to fuel this discomfort into a Facade, intended to trick the opponent into thinking the status effect is a minor thing to the mighty charmander. Unfortunately luck is not on the fire-type's side and his muscles clench at just the wrong moment, stopping him in his tracks. Taffy on the other hand seems to have an excess of spit and fires it off at Jericho. Wait, that isn't spit, it is Muddy Water. That doesn't seem sanitary and Jericho seems to agree as he didn't seem to care for getting hit by it. And to pile it on even more some gets into his eyes, obscuring his vision, though the rain starts to help with that a bit. On the plus side the force of the hit knocked the paralysis out of him. He then tries to get rid of the rain by firing off a Sunny Day as he stumbles to ward the outcropping, a bit slower due to his lack of vision. But his work is quickly undone as the Rain Dance is reinforced by Taffy before the clouds even start to part.

Jericho took a pretty good hit and is getting close to his first third of health. But he made it near his rock and didn't use much energy. The dirt in his eyes is starting to get cleared by the rain.
Taffy took no damage this round but used more energy, but he is still within his first third. He is still ready to go though and still has plenty of water and ground energy left as well.

Trot to order

Old 03-23-2016, 04:11 PM   #12
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Yay! I did it! I told you I can get back at them. *Squishes proudly*

You sure did, way to go! Ok, let's slink a little closer and bog him down even further. A Bubble attack should do the trick!

Yeah, I like blowing bubbles! I'll get 'em good.

Make sure to be weary of attacks, though! If he's thinking of coming at you with Dragon Rush again, don't hesitate to raise a Quick Guard!

Last edited by Trot Away; 03-23-2016 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:36 PM   #13
Fairfax
Aroma Lady

Set up a Smokescreen in front of Taffy so he won't see you coming, then surprise him by funneling the rest of your Dragon energy into a fiery ball of Rage!
Old 03-30-2016, 06:17 PM   #14
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Round 3: You cant see me

The rain continues to fall on our battlers As they jump right back into the fray. Well, less jump and more continue to be turrets and fire moves at each other. Things do happen pretty quickly as Taffy starts spewing bubbles at his opponent and Jericho does the same with smokescreen (which luckily he doesn't need his sight for. Now if this were the show I'd probably go on to describe how they clash against each other in a beam struggle-esque type thing before exploding into an animesplosion for no reason. But that would be kind of stupid and really the attacks pass through each other. The arena is obscured by smoke but the rain is already starting to clear it out. At the same time the majority of the bubbles impact against the charmander. The hit hurts and the residue makes Jericho feel a little bogged down but the good news is that the bubbles washed away the last of the mud. Too bad there is a smokescreen in the way now. But Jericho knows the general direction the bubbles came from and where Taffy was and launches a Dragon Rage in that direction. And his sense of direction is pretty spot on as the fireball clears a path in the smoke to hit Taffy directly as unfortunately it wasn't a dragon rush and she wasn't ordered to quick guard it. The pokemon lock eyes for a second before the smoke billows in to fill the hole the dragon rage made, though due to the rain and the force of the attack the smoke is dispersed enough that they can faintly make out each others' figures through the smoke.

Taffy took another hit but still barely remains in her first third of health. His energy is still in the first third as well and the one mover was appreciated. He has enough water energy for a slightly weakened bubble. Jericho took a similar hit but looks worse for wear, pushing past the first third of health and onto the second. He also is still leading in energy but might want a break in the near future. His dragon energy is also kaput.

FF to order.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:08 PM   #15
Fairfax
Aroma Lady

Well, then, let's not be turrets.

With the last bit of cover that smoke gives you, Dig a tunnel through the wet ground, popping up on the other side of that boulder a few yards behind Taffy, so that the little gumball can't see you. Follow up with an arena-appropriate Rock Slide.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:16 PM   #16
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Oof! Are you alright? That looked like it hurt...

I got hit with a fireball, what do you think?! >.<

At least that particular attack wasn't Super-effective, at least I HOPE it wasn't...Still, I would have thought you could have seen him coming, buddy. Did you forget your antennae...wait a sec, they aren't developed right now, are they?

...*Droops*

Oh geez. Sorry for scolding you, buddy...But stay alert, something tells me rocks are going to fly. When they do, Aqua Jet out of the way and towards where they flew!

I can cause a Rock Slide out of a boulder, too. I'm squishy AND strong! *Wobble*

Do it, Taffy! Find him and rock his world...with rocks!

Last edited by Trot Away; 04-03-2016 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:31 PM   #17
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Round 4: Rock you like a Hurricane

Welcome back to your weekly installment of Reffing. Starring Big5 as your ref. Without further ado let's get back to the action. Taffy seems to be waiting on something and so Jericho has plenty of time to start digging his way underground though with the bubbles it is slow going. With the figure gone Taffy looks around a little wary. The charmander eventually pops out behind one of the boulders. Keeping in mind where the opponent was he smacks the boulder in front of him with his claw and the top of the boulder crumbles and rocks slide toward the small gooey dragon. At this point the smokescreen has been reduced to a low fog that hugs the ground due to the rain and ambient wind having more time to clear it out so Taffy can see it coming. He immediately is cloaked in a blue aura and shoots toward where the boulder where the rocks came from. Wait, blue aura? This isn't dragon ball z. Oh it's actually an aqua jet. It still looks pretty cool. However flying isn't something Taffy does terribly often and he does get nicked by one of the rocks. But he does fly over the rock and crash down on top of Jericho with a splash. Jericho reels a little bit and Taffy squishes over to the rock. He slaps it with his little antennae with a small "splat." The Rock rumbles once again and rocks slide once more, hitting Jericho squarely. That looks like it hurts too.

Jericho has had a pretty rough round, dipping into his final third of health. Energy is getting close to the end of his first third still but he is really starting to want a break. Taffy took a hit and is sitting right at his second third of health. Energy-wise he is even closer to the first third of energy but is ready to do more. Both pokemon have a slightly weakened rockslide left in them and Taffy is effectively out of water energy.

Trot to order.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:15 PM   #18
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Wahoo! You're going awesomely, Taffy! Though i'm surprised that Smokescreen lasted as long as it did, you'd think it would go away much sooner thanks to the rain...

Nevermind that, I wanna keep going!

Let's do it then. But first make yourself extra squishy with your Acid Armour. We can't give them a break, a Thunderbolt should give him something to think about! But keep an eye on him, ok?

Here I goo- I mean...Here I go!
Old 04-06-2016, 09:49 PM   #19
Fairfax
Aroma Lady

Use the rest of your Rock energy to trap Goomy in a Tomb while he's busy sliming himself.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:44 PM   #20
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Round 5: You know what happens what you hit a rock with lightning? Me either.

With the rain still pitter-pattering on the field the two trainers shout out their next set of orders. This rain seems to be going on quite a while, it probably won't last for more than another round or two but it seems like it has gone on forever.
*a voice from the crowd* Maybe if you reffed more often it wouldn't seem like it took so long!
Quiet you.
Anyways with the rain continuing Taffy seems intent on bolstering his defenses and he seems to start sweating profusely at the prospect of getting hit with any more physical attacks. Although it is no normal sweat as the rain starts to sizzle a little bit as it hits the small pokemon, it seems to be Acid Armor. However as the process ends it seems to have gotten darker from Taffy's prospective and the rain is mysteriously missing. He looks around and finds himself trapped in a Rock Tomb. Jericho snickers from outside seeing that his move was pulled off successfully and takes a moment to catch his breath as his orders. Taffy doesn't seem to like his new home and uses thunderbolt in the direction of his foe. Obviously the tomb explodes and Jericho is hit with the rocks and the electricity KOing him...

Not really. The bolt hits part of the tomb and the side crumbles leaving an opening for Jericho and Taffy to continue to glare at each other.

No damage was exchanged this round. Taffy burned through more energy, dipping fairly deep into his second third and is starting to tire out but can still go for 2. He has plenty of poison energy left and a shock wave of electric energy left. Jericho is feeling a little bit refreshed and is still getting closer to the end of his first third. He has rock energy left but i doubt there are any moves that it would be able to power.

Fairfax you are up to order.

Old 04-13-2016, 03:54 PM   #21
Fairfax
Aroma Lady

Rock Slide the rest of the Tomb Rocks on top of Taffy. Peg him with Air Cutter afterwards, strafing towards a rock that seems climbable.

And, only because I promised...

How now, fair Trot? It seems that in thy haste
To bolster thy defenses, thou has left
Yourself a rather stationary blob,
Entrapped within a mighty Tomb of Rock.

But soft! A Bolt of Thunder from within
Doth the crack the walls of Taffy's stony prison!
An opening appears along the side.
We'll have to hope it still restraineth him.

O, mighty Jericho! Rock Slide's thy move
To bring the Tomb a-crashing on thy foe!
Repurpose the enclosure as a weapon.
Collapse the rocks upon the dragon's head.

When that's all said and done, bring forth a wind,
A Cutter of the Air, and send it hence
Towards thy enemy, whilst strafing thus:
Go to that rock, which later thou may climb...

Old 04-13-2016, 04:41 PM   #22
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Bravo, bravo! *applauds* That was great, but all the poetry in the world isn't going to get us to let our guard down! Our next move shan't be easy to escape, as we will display momentarily.

*Wobble* Golly. This is going to make me all droopy, isn't it...?

Yeah, but please hang in there...Bide against those attacks, that's when you'll send it back at 'em for some serious hurt!

I can do it, I just gotta!
Old 04-14-2016, 12:41 AM   #23
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Round 6: Bide is the best move

Two in a day? It must be someone's birthday. Taffy starts us off encased in a gentle red aura. I'd make a Kiao-what? joke but I already did the obligatory Dragon Ball z joke. But Jericho has his orders and runs over to smack the tomb sending the Rocks Sliding once more. The rocks tumble down on to the small gooey dragon causing him to squeal a little at the impacts of the boulders but the red aura only seems to grow. Jericho waits for a response, and finds it a little odd when one doesn't come but starts his next attack, not looking a gift horsea in the mouth. He claws at the air in front of him at speeds faster than the eye can see, moving so fast that his claws seem to cut the air itself. The air cutters move in to strike the motionless goomy and impact painfully. But as they hit the red aura grows more and more, until you can't even see the Taffy himself and as the attack ends there a beat, a moment as if the world held its breath for a second. And just when the next order is on the tip of the trainers' lips there is a sudden huge beam coming from the mouth of Taffy. Jericho is blasted off his feet, through a rock and lands at his trainer's feet, knocked out. Taffy pants heavily but has a satisfied grin, if he had thumbs he would be giving his trainer a thumb's up right now. And as the round comes to a close the rain seems to have stopped, the change almost unnoticed in the excitement.

Jericho has been KOed. Fairfax your last pokemon and orders please.

Taffy is looking much rougher this round, sitting right at half health. He used a butt-ton of energy though getting fairly close to his last third. He is also gonna be really tired next round.

Old 04-14-2016, 01:13 AM   #24
Fairfax
Aroma Lady

Anansi, you're up. Released a couple of feet from Taffy.

Take advantage of your foe's exhaustion: Fire off a Signal Beam in their general direction, then follow up with a nice, deadly Poison Jab.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:52 AM   #25
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

(Couldn't have just said a ton of energy...? I mean...nevermind...)

Wahoo! Way to show them what's what, Taffy! Not only Bide sends an attack back at an opponent, but the type of the attacks you get hit with carries over too!

*Huff...huff*...Ooooh...*Droops*

Yeah, I know. That move took alot out of you. But we can't let up against this new Ariados. You're still extra tough thanks to Acid Armor from that last round, so steel through and set yourself up for the next. Flame Charge right into him, go get 'em!

I'll...*Huff* give it...a shot! *Huff, huff*

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL