UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 02-26-2016, 09:51 PM   #1
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
UPN PASBL: S_M vs Sneezey

We're having a battle party at the beach folks. On one side we have S_M, someone who has come out of nowhere to grace ASB with his presence once again, and on the other side is Sneezey, one of ASB's best. This will surely be S_M's day, however.

S_M (C) vs Sneezey (O)
2v2
Slapstick
Equilevel
Switch=KO
48h DQ
Beach?

S_M, squad up!

Fuck these crabs
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 01:13 PM   #2
S_M
Volcano Badge

Send a message via AIM to S_M
I submitted a Galladite attachment to Cortex but not sure how long it'll tale so let's just do this! A little depressing I couldn't bring Gengar too but alas. I never really did like making squads, so I'm just copying 5/6 Pokemon from the last time I beat Jeri, it couldn't have been that bad lol

Let's see how much of this I remember! Also don't use ice type moves please so i can use dragonite kthx

Onslaught Badge
Global Badge
The badge of the Donnybrook Coliseum, emblazoned with a flaming fist representing justice. This badge is given to trainers who triumphed in the Coliseum, and represents their skill and determination to win in an all out assault.
Badge Effect: Furious Onslaught
This badge allows the wielder to use one additional Three Move Combo in all of their matches.

Apollo: Male Dragonite (Level 7)
Bio: Apollo is one of the very few of my Pokemon who have been with my squad from the very beginning. However, his ability has only recently been realized, now a prime fighter of my squad, and obviously a very fierce opponent to face, doing very well in all of his battles. Most recently, however, he lost to another Dragonair, a battle very, very close to the very end. Convinced that if he would have lasted another round he would have won the battle, he trained endlessly until he regained his confidence, and gained a very useful characteristic from it...
Signature Training: Dragon's Strength (Dragon)
From his extensive training, if Apollo normally would be knocked out, he will remain active on the field until the next turn, at the end of which he will faint, no matter what. Apollo may be knocked out sooner by opponent attacks, however, provided they would be enough to knock it out.

Cortex: Male Gallade (Level 6)
Bio: Unlike many of his species, Cortex is a foolhardy extrovert. Cortex has numerous times gotten into altercations with other Pokemon with the smallest provocation; luckily for him, his psychic prowess has usually allowed him to escape unscathed, either through using its Psychic to attack its opponents mercilessly or by Teleporting away from the danger. However, once Cortex found himself in a barfight with a gang of old, irrelevant, somewhat overweight ghost and dark types which called themselves the Wild Hogs. While normally Cortex would recognize the danger the type-advantaged opponents presented and would Teleport away, in this case an opposing Gengar used Mean Look, sealing Cortex's fate. Multiple Thunderbolts, Night Shades, and other attacks did massive damage to the young psychic. Battered and bruised on the brink of death following the battle, Cortex set off in search of a way which would allow him to defeat these foes. After tutelage under a number of dark and ghost Pokemon proved ineffective and Cortex was unable to learn any move that would give him protection against the ghosts' multiple beam attacks, Cortex heard word about a master Pokemon which was able to bend attacks back toward its opponent with ease. Searching for this master, Cortex developed quite a reputation as a ruthless vagrant as he traveled across the land, senselessly attacking Pokemon unless they gave him the information he was seeking. Eventually Cortex found a Zubat which was willing to share the information; its parents had been killed in a battle in an alleyway sometime before, where an Alakazam had been able to redirect all of their attacks back at them before Psychically sending a building toppling down onto them. Cortex then journeyed to the sewers of Saffron City, where he found this Alakazam; after several months of hard training, the scars of which still remain on his body, Cortex learned Kinesis and Miracle Eye. He then traveled back to the bar where the ghosts and darks had defeated him so long ago, and he easily turned their Thunderbolts and Night Shades back against them, using Miracle Eye to render the dark types susceptible to his Psychic onslaught. He left them unconscious on the floor as he set back out into the world, finally vindicated.
Special Training: Alakazam's Training (Psychic)
Cortex may use Kinesis and Miracle Eye, though his training has neglected Magical Leaf, Charge Beam, Grass Knot, Future Sight, and Icy Wind, and he may not use these attacks.

Jet: Female Togekiss (Level 6)
Bio: Quite possibly the most trusted of my squad, Jet is a very powerful force to battle against in battle. Realizing that in order to successfully counter all foes, she would have to master, or at least have sufficient experience in, the ice type. Appealing to the number of my Pokemon that can use ice attacks, Bane in particular, Jet eventually learned an ice attack.
Special Attack: Sheer Power (Ice)
An ice attack with energy usage and power roughly equal to Hidden Power, released in the form of a light blue beam. Usable 3 times per battle.

Mekong: Female Whiscash (Level 6)

Polaris: Male Lapras (Level 6)
Bio: Polaris, like most Lapras, lived near the North Pole for most of his life. However, his colony of Lapras was found during an exploratory mission by a group of poachers, who killed many of his companions and captured Polaris himself, locking him in a cage and transporting him into Kanto. There, Polaris felt horribly; he was locked alone in a cell, unable to escape. Eventually he attempted, successfully, to free himself using Solarbeam. However, he was quickly recaptured due to that nasty inability to walk over land. Polaris was only allowed outside at night, then, to prevent any more shenanigans; his water and ice attacks had no effect on the specially tempered steel of the cage. Recalling back many years ago to the aurora borealis which had powered his attacks, Polaris longed for this sense of familiarity. He therefore worked on using his own electrical attacks to produce an ionization effect similar. Eventually he succeeded, and used this power to escape.
Special Technique: Northern Lights (Electric)
Polaris shoots electrical energy into the sky, ionizing the particles and producing a very weak aurora effect. This will remain for 3 rounds. Under this aurora, all Pokemon in the area will be able to use Solarbeam as though the sun were out, under normal conditions. Ice attacks will also get a very small boost in power. Energy use is equal to a Thunderbolt and is usable once per battle.

Mercury: Male Houndoom (Level 6)
Bio: Mercury constantly tries to come up with a way to counter the dreaded water types. One day, it was traveling along, before seeing a blue flash fly past it. The blue was recognized as the legendary Pokemon Suicune, who had been fleeing from Raikou, who was charged with electrical energies. As Raikou saw the little fire hound, it quickly let off a huge Thunder attack, forever changing Mercury’s moves.
Special Training: Thunderbolt (Electric)
Mercury can use the attack Thunderbolt at the expense of giving up both Dream Eater and Nightmare for the rest of the battle.
156 KOs - 376 TP - 10.75 SP
S_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:38 AM   #3
Sneaze
I'm sorry, Talon :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
So, one part was waiting to see if your Mega would get approved, one part lolsomanychoices.

Smelting Badge
Attachable Badge
The Smelting Badge shows a Pokémon’s ability to be involved with their environment, and the strength of the minerals and other materials that have created the world we live in today. By defeating the gym leader and his Pokémon that are so engaged with the world around them, a victorious opponent gains a powerful tool. Any Pokémon that welds this badge has the ability to passively regenerate energy over time. This badge only restores a light amount of energy per turn, and caps at 1.5 Hyper Beams of energy regenerated.
Attached to Triffid the Ludicolo

Silver Wing Token
Bestowed upon the winner of the Winter Whirl Cup. The attached pokemon is allowed to be one evolutionary stage higher than they would otherwise be at their current level.
Attached to Yo Momma the Snorlax

Venusaurite
Allows Venusaur to Mega Evolve.
Attached to Yggdrasil the Venusaur

Primordus: Male Dragonite (level 7) (Uplevel)
Biography: The first Elder Dragon to rise from his slumber, his body produces such heat that some species built cities around him while he slept to harness his energy for their own use. They drained a large amount of power from him, but when he awoke, his inner fire still burned stronger than that of other Dragonite.
Hidden Power: Steel
Special Training: Destroyer King
Thanks to his inner warmth, Primordus no longer takes double supereffective damage from Ice attacks, now taking as much damage as he would if he were not part Flying. However, he now takes neutral damage from Water attacks.

Miss Missy Miss: Female Mismagius (level 6)
Biography: Miss Missy Miss has always taken joy in staying awake for days on end, and I could never figure out as to why. After quite a while I determined that this problem was because she couldn't relax when it was time to sleep, disturbed by all the commotion around her. It was at this point when I got her a white noise machine, and she hasn't had a problem relaxing ever since. In fact, she liked the white noise so much that she would just start letting out sounds of her own to mock it, calming herself down in the process.
Hidden Power: Fighting
Special Training: White Noise
Whenever Miss Missy Miss uses Screech, she is benefitted with the same boosts associated with a Calm Mind. Her Screech attacks now use 25% more energy, and may only be used twice per match. Also, because she respects how difficult it is to get sleep sometimes, she will not purposely use damaging attacks against sleeping opponents, and has foregone her learning of Nightmare and Dream Eater.

Siren: Female Lapras (level 6)
Hidden Power: Ground
Sigless

Yo Momma: Female Snorlax (level 6)
Biography: Yo Momma so fat...
Hidden Power: Dragon
Special Attack: Momma's Kiss (Fairy)
Yo Momma goes to give the opponent a kiss, but she's so dumb she takes a bite out of them instead. The strength of the bite is dependent on the weight of the Pokemon, as Yo Momma will more enthusiastically attempt to eat heavier Pokemon. Momma's Kiss starts out as only doing Mild damage, but for every 100 pounds the opponent weighs it does an additional Mild damage, capping out at Extreme after 400 pounds. The move doesn't scale progressively, only jumps up at every 100 pounds, meaning it'll do the same amount of damage to a 100 pound Pokemon as it will to a 199 pound Pokemon. Momma's Kiss uses Significant Fairy energy and Yo Momma may only use it once per match.

Yggdrasil: Male Venusaur (level 6)
Biography: Yggdrasil stays true to his name, attempting to be the towering tree whose roots stretch out to feed the weaker members of his team, and whose branches reach skywards to shelter those around him. He has over time developed an emphatic bond with his team and uses this to assist them even when not presently on the battlefield.
Hidden Power: Ghost
Special Training: Roots of the World Tree
When Yggdrasil's trainer posts their squad which includes Yggdrasil, he or she may choose two (if posting second) or three (if posting first) moves which are learned by Yggdrasil. When each Pokemon in the match is sent out, Yggdrasil's trainer may choose one of these moves to add to his Pokemon's movepool. This move is usable until the Pokémon faints or runs out of type energy. If they do not normally have this type in their move set, they will be granted a significant amount of type energy or enough for one use, whichever is greater. Mimic restrictions apply. However, due to his emphatic bond requiring a mind focused on the pure thoughts of helping his teammates, Yggdrasil is now weak to the Dark type, taking super effective damage from its attacks.

Triffid: Female Ludicolo (level 6)
Hidden Power: Rock
Sigless

"Yggdrasil shall be passing Frenzy Plant and Outrage for his teammates to choose from.

And I shall start with Primordus, who picks up Frenzy Plant from Yggdrasil. Starting in the air."

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:24 AM   #4
S_M
Volcano Badge

Let's go, Apollo! Let's see if we can still do this.

Let's also have you start in the air, but over the water; start off strong with a Dragon Pulse, then a Supersonic while your opponent is reeling!
Old 03-06-2016, 06:00 PM   #5
Sneaze

"Throw up a Light Screen as you close the distance, keep the screen between you to block the Supersonic and then give him a Dragon Breath."

Quote:
Old 03-10-2016, 10:26 PM   #6
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Round 1: If you listen closely, you can hear Tdos raging

It seems in the interim of not reffing this match and in general being an awful human being, none of which are not the norm, I sort of forgot that we were at the beach arena. So let's pretend that I wrote a witty and interesting intro to this arena in which both S_M and Sneezey looked good? Good? Good. Okay, since they seem to want to make me not ref, it seems that both trainers have picked their Pokemon and thrown them out into the arena. From Sneezey is Primoridius, a Dragonite with a sig that pretty yawn worthy but to be fair, its really hard to sig a Dragonite if you are just going at it with no inspiration. In response we have Apollo from S_M...also a Dragonite. With a sig that was literally a copy/paste from an SC from old yonder. I'm just starting to think people aren't that good at sigs to be honest.

Apollo is the first to launch off...you know, like the rocket. Hopefully he won't explode in a Bide-like fashion. Draconic energy gathers in his maw as he aims at his opponent, looking to score a bit hit off the beginning with a bout of typespam. However, it seems that Primordial has other plans for this round, and is gathering energy of his own, of a much different nature that speaks to the power of the mind rather than the inner strength of dragons. It's an interesting choice of moves, but maybe one that is short sighted as Apollo finishes his attack. He fires off a green-blue orb of energy at his opponent, and I'm pretty sure this attack is famous in the anime for looking pretty much exactly like Energy Ball. I mean, the anime is not really good at move diversity, but how lame can you get? The ball of energy zooms over to Promardus, but it seems that his plan was not in vein, as the ball of energy hits a translucent screen of light in front of Primal Dragonite. The ball tries to break through, but loses all of its energy before it can, although one can notice a couple of cracks in the screen already. The more concerning thing however is that it seems Primmy has closed the distance a good amount between the two Pokemon; not enough that they are in close range however.

S_M seems to be taking a page from my book, and Apollo takes in a deep breath, ready to release something at Prom Dress Supreme. However, he seems to have forgotten one thing about Supersonic: it is now a stream of sound instead of just filling the arena and derping everything in the area. This is good for Primardis because it means he can literally dodge Supersonic if he wants. Wait, wait, did you hear that? I'm not sure what that was, but it may have had to do with ranged Ancientpower and Direct Contact Earthquake. Apollo belts out a loud, annoying noise that spreads out in a cone, but it seems that Pramordis is prepared for this and places the screen in front of him, the screen not doing much because Supersonic sucks big donkey balls.

Condition:
Both Pokemon have used a little bit of energy, but are still raring to go. Apollo has taken some damage but is not far from perfect. One of D-Nites is confused.

Fuck these crabs

Last edited by Emi; 03-23-2016 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Forgot the round number
Old 03-22-2016, 11:24 AM   #7
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Friendly bump for Sneeze, coming up on the two week mark.

Fuck these crabs
Old 03-24-2016, 03:57 PM   #8
S_M
Volcano Badge

ayyyy so
Quote:
I think that's a liberal interpretation of what it means to be targeted.

Does glass stop you from hearing a loud sound? No, and similarly neither will Light Screen stop Supersonic.
Old 03-24-2016, 04:00 PM   #9
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

It's already been edited silly. :p

Fuck these crabs
Old 03-24-2016, 04:05 PM   #10
S_M
Volcano Badge

ayyyy thx
Old 04-07-2016, 08:09 AM   #11
S_M
Volcano Badge

bump bump bump
Old 04-26-2016, 04:59 PM   #12
Sneaze

For a few reasons, we've decided to cancel this.

Somebody call it.

Quote:
Old 04-26-2016, 05:00 PM   #13
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Cancelled

Yum yum SP for emi

Emi gets 1SP