Old 02-18-2016, 06:17 AM   #51
Aposteriori
Banned

Fixed.
Aposteriori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 06:39 AM   #52
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

(But he's worn out after being refreshed last round? I know it's Curse, but I don't think Protecting from it would take THAT much of a toll!?

Also, Gender confusion kicks in again..)

Ahh, that was close...

We can't let our guard down for anything! Since she's a little stiff, this calls for a Small Substitute. You can settle down and Roost to heal out of sight while they're all busy...
Trot Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 06:44 AM   #53
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Ominous Wind the sub, then Icy Wind it as it Roosts. If paralysis kicks in, drop the Icy Wind for a Shadow Ball.

gg trot, you've got this under wraps now.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Ironthunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 07:15 AM   #54
Aposteriori
Banned

The lady does not go down until it is time to go down. Emolga is tired out as she creates a stunt double of low quality. Substitute will absorb any damage that might come its way. Spiritomb is not enacting any damage; paralysis prevents her from attacking sadly. With more attempts to stall out the paralysis, Emolga perches down and regains a considerable amount of health in the process as she roosts her pains away. Almost toward the end of the healing session, Cynthia manages to snap it together and fire an ectoplasmic orb. The ghouling shadow ball burst upon contact with Emolga but not really. Fluff flies everywhere and destroys the sub as Emolga finishes her healing session.

Emolga is rested somewhat, but not fully fresh per say. Good for two as her health is not equal in any way to her opponent. Cynthia is starting to loosen up, but she is still paralyzed. She is refreshed against her will.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:08 AM   #55
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Right then. Confuse Ray. If that fails, Dark Pulse, otherwise Nasty Plot.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:48 AM   #56
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Not again...We can't let ourselves be hindered like that!

That attack is made of lights, right? I'll use Light Screen to stop and reflect it!

Keep your eyes shut just in case...Thunderbolt, Highfly. Widen distance and lay it on 'em, keep wearing her down!

Last edited by Trot Away; 02-18-2016 at 10:08 AM.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:19 AM   #57
Aposteriori
Banned

Taking a page from Prince, I'm going to apologize for taking longer than usual (not). Spiritomb struggles to get off his first attack as Emolga sets up a Light Screen to block future attacks. Cynthia is unable to focus to use her attack unfortunately for her, or I guess it is fortunate I guess? Cynthia is making another attempt to attack, but she is still slowed down due to paralysis. Thunderbolt travels faster than Spiritomb can react. This shocks her dearly, releasing her from paralysis. Now the ghost gets to fire another annoying Dark Pulse. The dark energies are wide enough to be absorbed by the pane. Spiritomb is now a good seven feet away from Emolga.

Emolga keeps expanding her health lead in a very trollish way. She is panting lightly. No more psychic offtype. Spiritomb is refreshed and trailing behind on health as she approaches the half-way mark.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:49 AM   #58
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

You're doing great! But for some odd reason, you're now a girl...

No time for gender specifics, I gotta let loose with another Discharge. Haaah!

That's right, keep tearing the voltage into her! But make sure to Protect yourself if she decides to Curse you again...
Old 02-18-2016, 12:12 PM   #59
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

...Enough. Shadow Ball twice, let's try and close that health gap slightly.

(Although I seriously was considering expediting affairs with DBond, Memento).
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:29 PM   #60
Aposteriori
Banned

Emolga reminds the ref that he is in fact a he and not a she. The ref reminds the the trainer that damage and justice is unisex! The flying rodent fires a blast of electric energy with a wide reach and range. Discharge eats up another chunk of health away from Spiritomb. No paralysis, so that is good for her. Cynthia forgets about the light screen for a moment, firing a Shadow Ball that basically explodes the screen into pieces. The ectoplasmic orb was no match for the psionic construct.

Emolga is not releasing any leeway for his opponent to do much against him. Curse is really what he fears, but none of that is going to happen. The ghost fires a second ectoplasmic orb fueled by ghost energy,the tears of her enemies and the shadow of all of the newbies cheering in spirit. The semi spherical ball burst upon contact, releasing a harsh blast of energy that lowers the special defense of Highfly who is on the floor about six feet away.

Emolga is good for two. Spiritomb keeps slipping away. Cynthia is good for two.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:50 PM   #61
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Dark Pulse. Sucker Punch it out of a move, but if it doesn't attack then Pain Split.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:08 PM   #62
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Yiipe!

Don't let up! Use Thunderbolt to retaliate for Dark Pulse! Then use Quick Attack to tempt her Sucker Punch. It wont hurt, but it's still an attack...

Right, I can do this...
Old 02-18-2016, 01:19 PM   #63
Aposteriori
Banned

I personally like Spiritomb, but as a pokemon it gets one dimensional with the choices available. The dark typed pokemon emits a whine of plum colored energy that pulses across the air. The attack is strong enough to send Emolga rolling on the floor before the roden regains his footing. The Emolgaglides closer to his foe as a quick beam of electric energy zaps in a straight path. Thunderbolt chunks another bit of health out of the dark typed Pokemon, affecting her ethereal condition.

The ghost is tempting the rodent to see if he will attack. Emolga reaches high speeds and tackles the ghost before it gives his conditional to react. Still. The ghost gets a chance to hit after the quick attack flies through her ghostly body. Spiritomb turns around and puts a shadow to drag under the arena and popping up as a dark claw to Sucker Punch the Emolga back into the air. Emolga is barely out of melee range at this point.

Emolga is reaching the half-way mark of health. He is good for two. Spiritomb is starting to look battered up. She is good for two, though she is panting lightly.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:44 PM   #64
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Gah! With the hit just flying through, there was nothing to stop the Sucker Punch, huh? But at least we're almost there, just keep at it!

Time to land and get dangerous! How'd ya like another Thunderbolt?!

I feel like a Discharge will go well, too. stay alert, but go go go!
Old 02-18-2016, 01:46 PM   #65
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Pain Split.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 02-18-2016, 02:35 PM   #66
Aposteriori
Banned

Emolga continues circle the opponent ans all this rodent knows how to use is a rinse and rpeat of two freaking attacks. Jeez, give me something else to look at!!!! (Jk, order what you want, I will ref it the same.) Thunderbolt fires another zap of electric energy, taking another toll on Spiritomb. This is a very very long 2v2, but then again typespam is at its minimal, so at the same time it is something different, but the same.

Spiritomb starts to establish a pain split tether between the two pokemon, and Emolga is not having it. After the first chunk, the electric rodent emits a harsh Discharge of electric energy. This is perfect for the Emolga who eliminates the link, escaping almost unharmed. Emolga is a mere four feet away.

Emolga is gaining a wide health lead. He is panting. Spiritomb is approaching critical health. He is refreshed.
Old 02-18-2016, 02:45 PM   #67
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Destiny Bond, Memento.

Sorry for wasting your time guys.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 02-18-2016, 02:59 PM   #68
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

I think...I think we did it!

Yeah, I guess I did huh? Man, I feel great! Except I don't...*Pant, pant*

But it looks like we're in the clear, just settle down to Roost and take it. It may...sting a little.

I can take it, i'm ready...
Old 02-18-2016, 05:07 PM   #69
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
Destiny Bond, Memento.

Sorry for wasting your time guys.
Excuse me sir, you were not a waste of time and I think that all three parties were having a decent enough time. You played well for the most part!

--

Spiritomb uses an escape route to ensure that she inflicts the most damage possible. She curses the opponent hard enough that if she goes down, the opponent will suffer dearly. Emolga fires nothing... which I mean, the attack is not strong enough to KO it at this point. That is besides the point. Perching down again, Emolga realizes that she is attaining no health given that she already used her one health move per pokemon rule. Spiritomb is still in an auto destruct mood, as she establishes a Memento link with her opponent. Suddenly, Emolga feels sluggish and weak as the dealy departed ghost hides within his tombstone in defeat.

Spiritomb is unable to battle! Trot Away is the Winner!

Trot Away gains 2 KO and 4 TP.
Ironthunder gains 2 TP.
Aposteriori gains 4 SP.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:53 PM   #70
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Oof! Hey, are you alright!?

Yeah, I think I am. That was kinda tough. But I managed to pull through. Somehow...Yahoo!

Yeah, we actually did it! Oh, I know it doesn't matter by now, but why didn't you just use the energy restoring variety of Roost?

I dunno...But man, am I glad we didn't give up! Ahh...*Flops*

Hehehe! Yeah, I think we could all use a rest. Come on back. *Pulling out a pokeball(Which he almost drops...), he recalls his companion with a smile on his face.* I didn't panic, so I must be getting better at this...in fact, I feel even stronger as a trainer! Now I just need to earn enough SP before I can level-up...I'll work harder so I can reach the next level!

Either way, thanks for having me as your opponent, Ironthunder. I hope I was a worthwhile opponent for you. And this was certainly NOT a waste of time! And thank you for serving as Ref, Aposteriori. I'll see you folks later...maybe! *He bows, and then waves goodbye before running off.*

Last edited by Trot Away; 02-18-2016 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:59 PM   #71
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

gg trot. And yeah, I do tend to go a bit sort-of depressed/off the rails when I'm losing. Ah well, I got the levels I needed, so it wasn't that bad. But yeah, I think I dragged that out a bit too long. I'll have to fight you properly someday, when I don't have a squad full of stuff to level.

Also I think you have to specify Flying!Roost to do energy-restoring Roost.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL