Originally Posted by EK
Eliteknight (C) Vs Beautiful Savage (A)
4v4
singles
Slapstick
48hr DQ
Switch = OK
Equiall 3
This looks fun! I know both you guys! Maybe! I'm going to shut up now! Here's the arena!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor probably
Sewers (Advanced Indoor Arena): This battle takes place in the sewers of a large metropolis area. Like almost all sewers, there's hardly any light at all, save what's coming through the manholes above. A sewer corridor consists a stream of water/waste 25 feet wide (and 4-10 feet deep, ref's judgement), with 4 foot walkways on either side. The water is obviously something you don't want to drink, and Pokemon who accidentally ingest it or get it in their system may become poisoned. Like most sewer systems, there's an intricate system of passageways and pipes in place, meaning battles can go almost everywhere. However, the ceiling compared with the surface level is rather low, and area-effect attacks like Earthquake can cause some major problems, to say the least. Around the arena are some toxic Pokemon (like Grimer and Koffing) as well as Rattata and Raticate. If a Pokemon somehow goes above (ex. gets out through the manhole), they come out into a standard city arena.
Special Rules: Terrain Edge (city), Wild Pokemon (Rattata, Raticate, and toxic Pokemon), Poisoned Water. No other special rules allowed.
Poisoned Water: The water is poisonous. Any Pokemon that ingests it, gets it in their system or gets it in a sensitive area risks irritation or poisoning.
Awesome!

Squad up, EK!

Me on SP

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap
RealMrGame10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 04:02 PM   #2
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Let the terrors of the sewer arise!

Bringing:
Quote:
Poison Barb (3 SP) - This Token increases the power of Poison type moves by 10%. It causes the move Fling to deal Poison type damage if it is thrown.
-----

Anaconda Level 4 Male Arbok (Uplevel)

Sig: Anaconda's Rage [Poison]
Anaconda has increased 1.25x in size and 2x in weight, due to this his fear based attacks are more effective on opposing Pokémon. Due to his Size, Anaconda no longer benifits from his SC about the use of Dig. He also lost the ability to use the following moves: Attract, Confide, Substitute, Captivate. return, frustration, double team, sunny day, rain dance, haze and snore.

HP Ground

Poison Barb Attached

-----

Alarak: Level 3 Genderless Metang

Signature:
Alarak now takes Neutral Damage from Dark and Ghost types moves. However he takes super effective damage from Fairy type moves. While he learned this process he can now use the Dark Pulse technique

Hidden Power: Fire

-----

Arya Dragalge Level 3 Female

Signature: Fear Cuts deeper than swords.
Arya has learned how to use acid spray and Ice beam. Her poison moves can now poison inorganic pokemon all having a 5% chance of this occurring; Toxic works 100% of the time. In learning this Arya has never learned to rest, sleep talk, confide, tail whip, draco meteor, Snore.

Hidden Power: Fire

-----

Hitmonlee Level 3 Male

Signature: Generic Hitmonlee sig #400
Hitmonlee has learned how to use Shadow Punch, Bullet Punch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Focus Punch, Sucker Punch and Dynamic Punch as kicking moves, ordered as ______!Kick. He has the offtype to use each move 2 times per battle. In learning this technique Hitmonlee forgot how to use the following, Mega Punch, Seismic Toss, Close Combat, Brick Break, Mach Punch, Mimic, Double edge and Toxic.

Hidden Power: Ghost

-----

Angus Young Level 3 Male Shiny Gabite

-----

Brian Johnston Level 3 Male Murkrow

------

The temptation to go mono-poison in this arena was very hard to resist.

PASBL Squad l C+ Grade Ref l Grass Gym Trainer

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Well I don't know I wanted to deal damage and Starmie is inorganic :X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Starmie is a starfish, it is not inorganic :p
Quote:
Kush I'm TL1. How am I supposed to know things if you don't tell me them?
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Eliteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 08:25 PM   #3
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.

Thanks for offering me a higher level battle, EK. I don't really expect to win this, but I'll certainly try my best and am looking forwards to it being a learning experience!

Bringing Pixie Dust - This Token increases the power of Fairy type moves by 10%. It causes the move Fling to deal Fairy type damage if it is thrown.

Attached to Blink the now Kirlia.

---

Neptune - Level 3 Male Clauncher
Biography - Orphaned at a young age, Neptune was taken in by a school of Lanturn and Chinchou. He lived with them throughout his childhood, learning the ways of the sea with the other younglings in the school. Except, there was something that set him apart from the rest of the young Pokemon. He was not part Electric-type. He didn't even have electric energy. Though accepted by the community, Neptune always felt lonely because he couldn't practice electric attacks with the rest of the kids. Flash forward to later in his life to right after I met him. Though he loved his adopted family dearly, Neptune decided it was time for him to go out and explore the world. To my surprise, the other Pokemon in my squad would get a little shock every time they touched Neptune during training! Curious about this, I brought him to the nearest Center to get him checked out. Turns out, he had significant levels of Electric energy and didn't know it, so it was looking for a way to be released. After conversing for a bit with the nurse, we deduced that this was from his constant close proximity to Electric energy during his childhood. Armed with this knowledge, Neptune and I worked on a couple of Electric attacks with which to utilize his newfound power.
Hidden Power - Flying
Signature: Special Training: The Shocking Truth
Due to his upbringing, Neptune has a familiarity with the Electric type and learns Charge Beam, Thunderwave, and Thunderbolt. However, the residual electric energy in the air weakens Neptune's water attacks for a couple of rounds after the use of an electric attack.

---

Blink - Level 3 Female Kirlia
Biography - Blink has an... aggressive personality, to say the least. She prefers attacking and offensive techniques to the mental tricks Psychic Types like herself are known for. So she learned a new attack to reflect this facet of her personality.
Hidden Power - Fire
Signature: Special Attack: Dazzler
Using Significant energy, Blink creates 10 small orbs of bright Fairy energy of varying bright colors, which she proceeds to send flying at her opponent at high speeds dealing Significant damage. Additionally, the fast moving bright lights have a 70% to disorient opponents, causing a decrease in accuracy lasting between two and three rounds. Obviously, Pokemon that are blind or do not have eyes do not suffer from the disorienting effects of this move.
Item - Pixie Dust

---

Sophie -Level 3 Female Sliggoo
Biography - Sophie has always had stomach issues. No matter how many trips to the Pokecenter we took, the poor nurse just couldn't figure out what was up with her chronic puking symptoms, so I decided I may as well teach her to put them to good use.
Hidden Power - Steel
Signature: Special Attack: Boot
Using Major energy, Sophie projectile vomits a large glob of sticky, venomous goop at her opponent. This goop severely limits motion and deals toxic poisoning after two rounds of prolonged contact. If some of the venomous goop somehow makes it into her opponent's mouth or system some other way, the toxic poisoning will begin immediately. As is the case with Toxic, poison damage would start the round after the Pokemon is poisoned. Because Sophie has devoted her poison energies to the noble pursuit of puking globs of poison goop far distances, she can no longer use it for other moves like Toxic, Poison Tail, and Sludge Bomb.

---

Polaris - Level 3 Genderless Magneton
Biography - N/A
Hidden Power - Rock
Signature - N/A

---

Cthulhu - Level 4 Male Omastar (Uplevel)
Biography - N/A
Hidden Power - -----
Signature - N/A

---

Okkoto - Level 3 Male Phanpy
Biography - Okkoto was born into an ancient and proud tribe of Phanpy and Donphan. Unfortunately, he was also born blind, with heightened senses of smell and hearing to make up for his disability. However, the tribe always went out of their way to shelter and protect him due to his handicap. When I encountered this tribe during my travels, Okkoto decided to join me to learn to use his heightened senses in battle to protect himself without the help of his tribe, and to one day return to his family as a strong warrior Donphan.
Hidden Power - Fairy
Signature: Special Training: Daredevil
Because Okkoto is blind, he must use his senses of smell hearing to "see." This gives him an immunity to all vision based moves or vision based effects of moves. Following this logic, Okkoto cannot use moves that require him to have eyesight. Additionally, moves that create a strong scent may "blind" him, and extremely loud noises may temporarily disorient him.

Whoops forgot. Leading with..... Polaris.

Last edited by Beautiful Savage; 02-09-2016 at 08:40 PM.
Beautiful Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 12:16 PM   #4
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

well obvious bait+switch is obvious so lets spring this Angus Young!

DC earthquake then stealth rock.

----

Also im 85% sure u mean level 3 on the phanpy right?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:22 PM   #5
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.

Quickly use Reflect, then use a Flash Cannon to try and knock Gabite into the water.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:21 PM   #6
RealMrGame10
Team Instinct

Mudkip Round 1: Swimming against the current

Hey-o, it's the newly TL2-d Rhee!

And boy, does it stink down here!

Beautiful Savage decides to send out a Magneton named Polaris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dex
Magneton (Electric/Steel): Magneton levitate by default. Moving by electro magnetic propulsion, they are not as fast as other levitating Pokémon, but are much more agile. They are inorganic and can see in the dark. They fight more enthusiastically in man made environments. Magneton are considered to be one Pokémon, though their three eyes help them with vision and their Tri Attack is more powerful than normal. Damage is distributed equally throughout all three individual Magneton, and thus when one is KOed, all three are.

[Electric]: Electric-types, in general, prefer areas where their electric attacks are most accurate. Thus, while hot temperatures don't bother them, the fact that heat refracts electricity doesn't appeal to them. They are resistant to paralysis inflicted by Electric-type moves, though they may be paralysed as normal by other methods. Electric types do not suffer from recoil damage when using Electric attacks in the water.

[Steel]: Steel-type Pokémon generally have hard bodies, making them resistant to physical blows and projectiles. Most are so heavy that they will sink in water, so they stay away from deep-water sources if possible, though they are not bothered by water to the degree Rock-types are. Most Steel Pokémon prefer cold temperatures to hot ones. Steel-types take neutral damage from the damaging effects of Normal-type energy in the ASB, as opposed to resisted damage in the games. They are immune to the damaging effects of Poison-type energy and are difficult to poison.
On the other end of the walkway, Eliteknight releases a Pokemon with quite the type advantage, Gabite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dex again
Gabite (Dragon/Ground): Gabite are very quick when digging near the surface of the ground and will deal slightly more damage with Dig. They can see in the dark. Any Pokémon that strikes Gabite with a physical attack will suffer 25% recoil damage from their rough skin, unless their bodies are particularly hard. Their biting attacks are more effective, dealing 1.1x more damage than usual. They are able to disguise themselves well in sandstorms and sandy arenas.

[Dragon]: Dragon-types tend to be strong swimmers and fliers, though they are not always as agile as other Pokémon. They fight more enthusiastically in warm climates but are less enthusiastic in colder ones. They are resistant to being burned. They have slightly more Fire energy than other Pokémon if they naturally learn attacks of that type.

[Ground]: Ground-type Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 0.75x the usual damage from Electric-type attacks. If a Ground-type is wet, electric attacks affect it normally (unless the Pokémon is naturally wet/slimy, like Quagsire). Ground types do not suffer from recoil damage when using Electric attacks in the water. Ground-type Pokémon are more adept at manipulating outdoor and 'natural' environments than other Pokémon and will spend less energy using Dig, Earthquake etc. They typically have slightly more Rock energy than other Pokémon if they naturally learn attacks of that type.
Angus Young, the Gabite, wastes no time in charging at Polaris, his claws infused with the power of an Earthquake. Polaris backs up a little bit as it raises a shield of glimmering light, in which Angus Young's image is Reflected. The shield cracks a little, but holds up. Angus Young stomps on the ground, evidently trying to summon Stealth Rocks. However, the ground is too hard and underground-y for anything to happen. Angus Young is evidently confused by this development, looking around for the entry hazard he wanted to summon. Meanwhile Polaris begins levitating around so that Angus Young is between it and the water. It lets loose a Flash Cannon, making Angus Young blink in surprise, but doesn't lower his special defense. He starts wobbling on the edge on the walkway, but manages to find his balance right before he falls. He sighs in relief as the round ends.

Polaris took no damage. Energy usage was on the higher end, but its good for two. Used about half the Psychic energy
Angus Young took a minimal amount of damage. Thanks to the accidental one-mover, he's pretty fresh.
Reflect's cracking a little.

Me on SP

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap
Old 02-09-2016, 08:35 PM   #7
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.

Rush forward with a Take Down to finish knocking him into the water. If that works, follow with a Thunderbolt while he's taking his swim. If it doesn't, float up towards the ceiling and loose a Tri Attack.

---

Also yeah, I did mean for Phanpy to be Level 3. Should I edit that?
Old 02-09-2016, 08:39 PM   #8
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

go ahead and edit it in

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:37 PM   #9
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.

Yup, I went and dun did that.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:12 PM   #10
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

let him rush into a flamethrower, while destroying is reflect then DC earthquake him in the "face" if for some odd reason flamethrower doesnt break reflect switch it out for a dragon pulse

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:09 AM   #11
RealMrGame10
Team Instinct

dammit UPN

okay so basically what happened was that the Light Screen broke, Angus Young fell into the water and couldn't get close enough to Polaris to get the Earthquake off before the round ended, Take Down, Flamethrower, and Thunderbolt all happened, Angus Young managed to get off without being poisoned or paralyzed.

damage exchange was about the same, Polaris wants a break, Angus Young had another accidental one-mover

Me on SP

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap
Old 02-12-2016, 11:31 AM   #12
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Can Angus stand?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:38 AM   #13
RealMrGame10
Team Instinct

Barely, he's mainly thrashing around to try to keep his head out of the water, it's up to his neck.

Me on SP

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap
Old 02-12-2016, 12:08 PM   #14
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

qc agility out of the water, do not get your face wet. Then strike with a dc earthquake! if he summons a reflect switch to a dragon pulse

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:09 PM   #15
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.

Lol Volt Switch to Blink as soon as Gabite is back on land.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:13 PM   #16
RealMrGame10
Team Instinct

Mudkip Round 3: Nice plans for nice people

Angus Young starts treading water with great Agility, and everyone who watches is amused. Even though his feet could technically touch the ground, he's having to swim sort of lifeguard style to keep his head above the water like his trainer told him to. Meanwhile, the tired Polaris is waiting for Angus Young to return to dry land per its trainer's orders. It's a very long wait, but Angus Young finally makes it back to land. Being a bit of a troll, Polaris sends forth a Volt Switch with crackling energy at the still-wet Ground type and returns to its Pokeball, a Kirlia appearing in its place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy the Pokedex
Kirlia (Psychic/Fairy): Kirlia's empathic abilities make them very in touch with their opponent. Attacks that deal with the opponents mental state are more effective. They also have a very good sense of balance and are hard to knock down. Teleporting also requires slightly less energy.

[Psychic]: Psychic-type Pokémon are much more proficient with telekinesis than other Pokémon. Thus, they can use Psychic to move and manipulate targets with ease. Psychic type Pokémon are resistant to flinching and have higher levels of focus and concentration than other Pokémon. They have limited ability to read minds and are thus more adept at dodging attacks than might be expected and able to mitigate the effects of accuracy reducing attacks. This telepathy does not work on Dark typed Pokémon.

[Fairy]: Fairy-types are generally pure hearted and gregarious. They prefer natural environments and will fight more enthusiastically in them, disliking urban environments. Any attack used by a Fairy-type which manipulates the environment is slightly more effective owing to the magical energies involved and attacks which boost allied Pokémon is slightly more effective at providing a buff. They are immune to the damaging effects of Dragon-typed energy.
Polaris used a fair amount of energy, but it'll start regenerating as it rests in its Pokeball.
Angus Young used a little energy and took a little damage, dropping, but not quite entering the second third. He's very fresh after three straight accidental one-movers.
Blink's fresh.

Me on SP

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap
Old 02-12-2016, 03:25 PM   #17
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.

Give that sombitch a Mean Look, then let loose a Dazzling Gleam.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:18 PM   #18
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Fine be that way. Shadow claw, iron tail through the dazzling gleam then end with an iron head trying to knock blink into the water as you do so

3 confirmed

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:37 PM   #19
RealMrGame10
Team Instinct

Mudkip Round 4: Best laid plans of Rattata and men

Blink decides to live up to her name, ensuring that Angus Young can no longer escape with the use of her Mean Look. The Gabite's not about to back down from potential typespam, though, as he slashes across her body with a dark aura of Shadow surrounding his claw. She yelps, and begins to retaliate, clearly agitated by Gabite's wide variety of anti-Kirlia offtype. She lets loose a bright light, a Dazzling Gleam attack! The light is embedded with Fairy-type energy, which would definitely hurt if it hit Angus Young for a full hit. Nope. Eliteknight's Gabite turns around as his Tail shines with the silvery hue of Iron. As he assaults Blink with the attack, the Steel typed energy cuts through a fair amount of the Dazzling Gleam, though, as it is a widespread attack in nature, a large amount still hits Angus Young's back. Angus Young is also surprised by the brightness of the attack, though not completely disoriented, as his back was to it. He blinks a few times, then clears his Head as more Iron energy surrounds it. Charging at Blink, she attempts to get out of the way, but takes the whole attack due to Gabite's big head. However, as Angus Young was mildly disoriented by the Dazzling Gleam, he didn't realize that he was facing the wrong way, and the Iron Head actually launches Blink in the opposite direction. whoops.

At the end of the round:
Blink took an absolutely massive amount of damage, almost hitting the midpoint of health, actually falling behind Angus Young in that category. Energy usage was relatively low and she's still fresh.
Angus Young took a bit of damage, falling into the second third of health. He has a bit of a health lead over Blink. He has most of his Ghost energy left, but Steel is close to gone and he really can't do much with it. He also had a pretty heavy round, and even considering his multiple one-movers, he's probably going to want a break, falling into the second third of energy.

Me on SP

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap
Old 02-12-2016, 05:39 PM   #20
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Um iron tail was ordered to hit through the dazzling gleam, which would negate the damage why did angus attack afterwords

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:42 PM   #21
RealMrGame10
Team Instinct

okay

I'll fix later

I eat now

Me on SP

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap
Old 02-12-2016, 06:06 PM   #22
RealMrGame10
Team Instinct

Okay here's what I have to say on the matter:

The short story: ref's discretion
The long story: You're in very close range to land a Shadow Claw, so it's fine to try to cut through the Dazzling Gleam, but because both of you guys are so fresh and so close together, that Dazzling Gleam is going to be nearly instantaneous. Trying to cut through it will probably have an effect on the damage, yes, as Angus Young is also pretty fresh, but you're so close together, you'll still probably hit Blink with the follow-through.

Does that help?

Me on SP

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap
Old 02-12-2016, 06:08 PM   #23
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.

Rip
Old 02-12-2016, 06:10 PM   #24
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

hmm, id still say it could reduce some since blink did have to get off the mean look while i shadow clawed but it works for me

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:15 PM   #25
RealMrGame10
Team Instinct

I also probably exaggerated the damage that Angus took from it, but yeah, it really did cut most of it.

Me on SP

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL