UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 03-05-2016, 12:03 PM   #51
Lady Kuno
Sad times are just times that are sad

Spin around to catch it in a Twister, since it seems to have trouble flying. If it gets within tail smacking range, give it another Dragon Tail to say hello. If it doesn't get close give it a Skull Bash instead.
~ haiku, Morg 2017
JUST NUKE THE FUCKING SUN

Spoiler: show
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 12:20 PM   #52
Aposteriori
Banned

Fly in to Sucker Punch it out of dragon tail; he will have to wait and see what you do gal before enacting his orders. Dragon Claw.
Aposteriori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 04:08 AM   #53
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Round 7: Suckered

With the Huntresses flight looking weakened, MegaZard only wants to make things worse for her. He spins through the air, generating a twister of dragon energy that rushes towards her. She can barely control herself as the powerful attack rushes into her, carrying most of the smokescreen that has plagued the arena with it. Huntress emerges from the twister looking battered but far from beaten.

Huntress gives her wings a few powerful flaps as she begin to approach MegaZard, her right wing struggling as she does so. On seeing his opponent approach, Megazard coats his tail in another batch of of dragon energy, adopting a green hue as he prepares to batter the Huntress. He is about ready to strike when he notices an entrancing dark aura glowing around Huntresses left talon, the Mandibuzz raising it provocatively as she approaches. All of a sudden Huntress closes the gap between the two, switching the energy over to her right talon she sucker punches him, right in the stomach. MegaZard is shocked by this, but keeps most of his composure, striking Huntress with his tail and batting her away with a partial blow. MegaZard notices a slight weak spot has developed on his chest. Huntress is unrelenting, she quickly cloaks her talons in dragon energy and claws them into his hide, the super effective attack cause MegaZard to roar in pain.

MegaZard is halfway through the final third while Huntress is just inside her second third. MegaZard is tiring but can still manage two, has a nasty sore spot on his chest. Huntress can fuel another dragon claw and is still good to go.

Apost to order

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 04-24-2016 at 08:49 PM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 06:49 AM   #54
Aposteriori
Banned

Half of the final third is a confusing marker lol. I did a double take groan thinking that it was at the half-way mark.

--

Bone Rush. Dark Pulse.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:40 AM   #55
Lady Kuno

Confused why sucker punch worked in that instance. I didn't say to do it when its close, or in even in melee range, but explicitly when its close enough you can hit it with your tail. Sucker Punch isn't some magic attack stopping vortex, if Charizard isn't going to do an attack it shouldn't stop anything, and if it's close enough to be smacked with a tail it should be too close/fast to stop it anyway.

Basically, him doing it too far away when I have no intention to attack should make it fail, and him doing it right in my face should make it fail as well.
~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 03-06-2016, 11:17 AM   #56
Aposteriori
Banned

Not to overstep, but from my point of view Charizard is in a juxtaposition with his if order. He can't do one or the other until he sees how Mandibuzz will react. Cutting the distance should be of no difficulty for a flyer. Given that Mandibuzz is dark typed and has the token attached, it will have an easier time tricking the Charizard with Sucker Punch. Although, I should probably allow the referee to share his point of view.
Old 03-06-2016, 03:13 PM   #57
Lady Kuno

It was ordered not to attack unless it was in immediate range, being dark typed and the badge should not have affected that. You tried to Sucker Punch a move it wasn't ordered to do.
~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 03-06-2016, 03:34 PM   #58
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Kuno View Post
It was ordered not to attack unless it was in immediate range, being dark typed and the badge should not have affected that. You tried to Sucker Punch a move it wasn't ordered to do.
If it gets within tail smacking range, give it another Dragon Tail to say hello. If it doesn't get close give it a Skull Bash instead.

Your order was very much dependent on what Mandibuzz did, not on what Charizard wanted to do. He reacted to my Mandibuzz, not to the distance itself. He saw her approaching. You have to put yourself in the shoes of Charizard, what should Charizard do in this moment? He sees Mandibuzz flying in and getting within distance, but is Mandibuzz staying away? There is no way your Charizard can fulfill its if without first being certain that she will stay away. That puts your Charizard in the position to react based on what Mandibuzz does.
Old 03-06-2016, 03:41 PM   #59
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Erh guys. Alright so the reason it worked was because mandibuzz took advantage of your conditional, it started closing the gap and coming into melee range so charizard got ready to dragon tail it. Everything Apost has said has been right on the money, he simply exploited your conditional. Even if it didnt approach, it would have sucker punched you out of skull bash.
Old 03-06-2016, 03:43 PM   #60
Aposteriori
Banned

Orders remain.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:01 PM   #61
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Alright so the reason it worked was because mandibuzz took advantage of your conditional
I ordered those moves knowing he was gonna Sucker Punch. If refusing to attack unless it comes extremely close in range doesn't stop that then you're just having it straight up disobey. Not taking advantage of any conditional.

Quote:
Everything Apost has said has been right on the money, he simply exploited your conditional. Even if it didnt approach, it would have sucker punched you out of skull bash.
There was nothing in my conditional to make it attack with Dragon Tail if it stayed far. It was only ordered to attack if it was within range, so I dont know why I went after it.

Sucker Punch wouldn't have worked on Skull Bash for extremely obvious reasons.
~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 04-11-2016, 07:26 PM   #62
Jerichi
本✚能

Okay so

TKF's interpretation isn't entirely wrong. Charizard isn't going to know to counter Sucker Punch and I don't think Sucker Punch would have been totally successful in this context; let's be honest, it would be really awkward for Mandibuzz to land a solid hit when Charizard is whipping its tail around. I kinda doubt that either would get full damage.

In the future, please follow these guidelines for questioning a reffing.
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:28 PM   #63
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Thanks Jeri, do take into account that dark types are better at moves involving deception.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:31 PM   #64
Aposteriori
Banned

With that interpretation, I'm fine with partials on both ends even if it goes against the dark SC and the token boost. I think Jeri is referring more to a mechanical aspect of the move, rather than the success of the move. My orders (again) remain the same. Thank you, Jeri.

Bone Rush. Dark Pulse.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:36 PM   #65
Jerichi
本✚能

Yeah I really don't think those factors would really influence the outcome since this is more of a question of how the Pokémon react.
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 11:47 PM   #66
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Partials given, not any notable changes. Kuno is free to order
Old 04-11-2016, 11:48 PM   #67
Aposteriori
Banned

except he is not fresh, so can I get a written marker just so this is clear for a later date?
Old 04-11-2016, 11:59 PM   #68
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

done
Old 04-22-2016, 03:37 PM   #69
Lady Kuno

Still have issues. Jeri chimed in saying both will probably work partially. Round was edited. Nothing was changed except now I am actually worse off than before. His attack still did the same damage, I did nothing to him, except I am now more tired/used more energy than before the edit. Also the darting in quick thing is still weird considering the round before

Quote:
He strikes the Huntress with a powerful blow that sends her spinning away, his enlarged tail flame leaves a nasty burn across her right wing. She steadies herself but she looks to be struggling a bit on that wing.
So I have no idea what's going on since Jeri got ignored and everything got worse for me instead.
~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 04-24-2016, 08:50 PM   #70
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Alright so i forgot to add in that dragon tail hit, albeit not at full strength as the sucker punch did throw off MegaZards aim. Apost feel free to reorder due to the edited round
Old 04-24-2016, 09:20 PM   #71
Aposteriori
Banned

Orders remain.

Bone Rush. Dark Pulse.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:34 PM   #72
Lady Kuno

Yeah sorry. I still don't really buy any of this, even with Jeri chiming in. Your wing was burned but you still said "All of a sudden Huntress closes the gap between the two", despite you saying it was struggling on that wing last round. You didn't mention Toxic. And most importantly, Sucker Punch isn't some miracle stop all penultimate attack. If I had ordered absolutely nothing, and he used Sucker Punch, would my Pokemon have disobeyed and gone to attack anyway? Probably not. I ordered nothing unless it was within immediate range. I knew SP was coming because it was extremely predictable but even after the re-reffing still I ended up in a worse position where I had to complain once more because who the fuck knows whats happening in this match anymore. So anyway, this has been more stressful than enjoyable, I really don't have the time anymore, and this is a case of incompetence at best or bias at worse so I'd rather just bow out now rather than get even more pissed out later. Congrats on the win.
~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 04-25-2016, 06:39 PM   #73
Aposteriori
Banned

Sorry you feel that way.

DQ orders

Bone Rush twice.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:28 PM   #74
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Round 8: No Respect

The Huntress flies in, A bone construct in each talon. She strikes not once but twice, the super effective blows cause MegaZard to plummet from the air, reverting to his original form as he crashes into the ground.

Charizard is unable to battle! Huntress and Aposteriori win via DQ/KO

Apost gets 1KO and 2TP
Kuno gets 1TP
TKF gets 2SP for being abused and belittled

No comment, nothing needs to be said because you should know that your behavior is unacceptable and sets a bad example for the league.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL