Singles
Hidden Squad
Slapstick
Equiall 4
Switch = KO
72 Hour DQ
Mountainside Arena
Spoiler: show
Mountainside: The Mountainside arena is situated on the slope of Mt. Coronet. Initially the battle takes place on a gentle slope, the surroundings little more than a lush meadow extending up the side of the hill. The terrain underfoot is easily manipulated by moves such as Earthquake and Stealth Rock. As the battle progresses up the Mountainside, vegetation will become more scarce, and the slope will increase, with few Pokemon being to advance beyond this point. For those suited to battling within frozen conditions or Pokemon able to scale the Mountain with impunity, such as Flying types or those who levitate, the upper reaches of Mt. Coronet may be battled upon. Here the slope is at it's steepest, but numerous flattened plateaus litter the climb, ample footholds for those who can reach them. The weather here is locked perpetually into Hail, with all the accompanying effects. This arena is outdoors only.
A match in which Miror gets his ass handed to him by Connor and his horde of shitty grass types. At least the arena is fun.
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 12:28 AM   #2
Stealthy
A New and Original Person

Round 1: Connor's Lonely Heart Club

It was 20 years ago today, that I joined the ASB to play. I may not have battled in a while, but I know I still have my style. So let me introduce to you, an act I've known for all these years: Stealthy's Super Neutral Speed Reffings

(If Victreebel could last for exactly 13 rounds, that'd be grand)

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miror
Bo: Male Rapidash
Hidden Power: Grass

Burn whatever it is with a nice Will-o-Wisp. If he's smaller than you, Body Slam to pin, otherwise, just slam into him with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor
Sgt. Pepper: Male Victreebel
Hidden Power Grass

Throw down a Leech Seed, and follow with Sludge Bomb.

Man. Poor Rapidash. A pretty bad pokemon that finally gets a good matchup against an even worse pokemon, but too bad, it's No Type. Advantage Victreebel. Told you it would be shitty grass types. And Miror opening with Body Slam. Man where have I seen that before. Rapidash doesn't learn Explosion though, so we'll see how Miror handles trying to end a matchup without it. Should be as interesting as watching Connor being unable to three mover typespam of death.

The battle starts with Bo and Sgt. Pepper in a battle stance, eyeing each other across the plain meadow at the bottom of Mt. Coronet, looming above them. Man we should totally climb up there, to where the arena's less boring. Right guys? Right?

Anyway. Bo quickly spits out a bullet of fire that scorches across the meadow and torches Sgt. Pepper like a STD from a groupie. And much like that STD (I'm thinking crabs), it's gonna be irritating him for a while. Of course, you don't just catch these things randomly. Unlike pregnancy or AIDS, you need to have sex for these things. And oh boy did he. Sgt. Pepper spewed his seed aaaaaaaaaaalllll over. Fired right through the air over Bo's discharge to land on the Rapidash.

A seed that was immediately blocked and sponged by the incredible contraceptive known as being literally on fire. Also the fact that Bo was already charging at Sgt. Pepper like a basic American teenage girl at a skinny metrosexual British vlogger or boy bander. That helped too. The spitfire Rapidash had started running just a breath and a half after literally spitting fire, and with all the speed in the world it glomped the Victreebel like a total fangirl, and pinned it like any crazy fangirl would when finding her object of desire, presumably to do oh so many unspeakable things to it (Connor, this is a sex joke).

Sgt. Pepper is being squashed by a unicorn with a burn mark on the front of his bell. And man is he squashed. I mean, look at this shit. Somebody skipped leg day. Sgt. Pepper is more stunned than paralyzed, but is super pinned. The head vine is trapped underneath him, FYI. And totally immobilized. Which is why Sludge Bomb obviously did not happen. Obviously everybody is up for two and Bo has a nice lead on account of taking no damage. Connor to order.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:48 AM   #3
Connor
Who Knows?

Why did I say Switch = KO?

Why is Victreebel so light?

Flash. If he's off you, Ingrain in place to make sure that shit doesn't happen again. If not, cry for a bit and then inject Toxic with your leaves.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 01:24 AM   #4
Miror
Marsh Badge

Close your eyes as you Stomp his face in, removing yourself from on top of him afterwards.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:16 PM   #5
Stealthy

Round 2: This Round Goes Just As Expected. You Get Hurt with a Little Help from Miror

C: What would you think if I flashed in your eyes, would you stand up and get off of me? Lend me your eyes and I'll blind you real good, and I'll try all I can to get free.

C: Oh, I get by with a little help from my 'mon. Mmm, I won't die with a little help from my 'mon. Mmm, gonna try with a little help from my 'mon.

M: What will you do with your skill gone away; does it worry you because you're boned? How do you feel at the end of this round; are you sad because my eyes were closed?

M: Oh, I get by with a little help from my 'mon. Mmm, you will die with a little help from my 'mon. Mmm, gonna try with a little help from my 'mon.

M: Do I need anybody? I just need someone to stomp. Could it be anybody? You're the one that I'll stomp.

C: Would you believe I'll come back with one move?

M: Yes, I know that you could in your prime

C: What do you see when I plant in my roots? I will heal and then you will be mine.

Both: Oh, I get by with a little help from my 'mon. Mmm, gonna try with a little help from my 'mon. Oh, I get by with a little help from my 'mon. Mmm, gonna try with a little help from my 'mon. Yes, you will die with a little help from my 'mon. With a little help from our 'moooooooooon.

---

Ingrain will start healing health next round. Everybody's feeling pretty fresh. Sgt. Pepper would appreciate not being stomped on in the future. The ref would appreciate it also if we want to make it through the entire album.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:59 AM   #6
Connor
Who Knows?

I fucking love you. I really do. Best refereeing 2016 or ASB is dumb.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:44 PM   #7
Stealthy

I'm ruthlessly campaigning to get all three slots between this, ALLCAPS WWE SMACKDOWN in App's Gym match, and then a [REDACTED] 1v1.
Old 01-30-2016, 03:48 PM   #8
Miror
Marsh Badge

Oh look, an immobile target.

Inferno followed by a Double Kick.
Old 01-31-2016, 11:41 AM   #9
Connor
Who Knows?

Sludge Bomb over the Inferno, not sure we can do much about that. Then let him run headfirst into a Sleep Powder.
Old 03-06-2016, 01:54 AM   #10
Miror
Marsh Badge

Stealthy cmon man XP
Old 03-31-2016, 12:58 PM   #11
Snorby
Snackin'

Sure I'll take a stab at some Beatle song parodies

*New ref poofs in*

Picture yourself as a typeless Victreebel,
Unable to move, with fear in your eyes.
A fireball calls you, it's moving quite slowly,
You hurl Sludge Bomb at Bo's thighs.

A Burned flytrap of yellow and green,
Bo is charging right at your head.
Shoot some Sleep Powder into his eyes,
And he's out.

Pepper on the ground, is hurtin'.
Pony on the ground, is sleepin'.
Pepper on the ground, is burnin'.
Aaaaahhhhh...

Sgt. Pepper has a shitton of burns which are being offset by Ingrain healing. Net damage traded was essentially even. Pepper is a ways into the second third, while Bo is sitting pretty in his first. Both should be fine for two, though Bo's pretty deeply asleep.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 03:29 PM   #12
Connor
Who Knows?

Yeah suck it fucker.

Toxic this flaming pony and then just sit pretty.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:02 PM   #13
Miror
Marsh Badge

See if you can startle him with Snore, followed by a Sleep Talk.
Old 04-22-2016, 04:07 PM   #14
Miror
Marsh Badge

Given that we don't have a ref and we both agree, going ahead and canceling this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL