Mercutio
Banned

Drifloon UPN PASBL: Stlbk vs Machamp-X!

*EXPLOSIONS*

*CONFETTI*

*GLITTER*

*EXPLOSIONS*

BORKED

All hail Kush, King of the Britons! I'm an A grade, I score quadruple KOs in GMs every other round and I have a real life actual girlfriend who is totally not made up and/or planning to leave me.

I am literally God's gift to the ASB.

Oh and also these two guys are having a 2 vs 2 battle so maybe look at the stats or something.

Quote:
Stlbk vs Machamp-X
2 v 2
Singles
Equilevel (TL5)
48 HR DQ
Realistic
Return = KO
OK NOW RETURN TO BASKING IN THE GLOW OF MY AWESOMENESS

!!!

Speaking of how great I am, these guys haven't picked an arena so I guess I'll just have to pick one of my old ones...

Quote:
Mini Lego City (Outdoor custom arena): Think Legoland. We are in a mocked up version of a generic city, complete with tower blocks, parks and hot dog vendors, all made in lego blocks. The scale is such that a tower block of twenty stories is rendered as ten feet tall. Lego is easily destroyed (obviously) but because it's just plastic, nothing will explode or set on fire when destroyed. Buildings work like a standard Rock field; if someone says it's there, it's there, unless it contradicts something previously said, within the confines of it being a working city. No saying there's a skyscraper in the middle of the highway.
(Special rules: exposed to outside, ridiculously easily destroyed).
God I really am great at everything.

So. Stblk, as the original challenger, you must post your squad of six Pokémon first - be sure to check you're all kosher with the latest acquisitions and SCs.

With thanks to Suffolk's greatest export, The Darkness, for our opening soundtrack.

Last edited by Connor; 04-24-2016 at 06:45 PM.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 03:49 PM   #2
Mercutio
Banned

NB I am now considered infallible so I will of course not accept bribes but if you happen to decide to give me SP that would not harm your chances.

#ASBRasputin
Old 01-16-2016, 03:50 PM   #3
Lady Kuno
Prepare to die

Go blood!

Spoiler: show
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 06:49 PM   #4
Stlbk
taco...

Send a message via AIM to Stlbk
Blood means go!!

Concept - Level 5
Genderless Starmie

No Signature
Hidden Power: Fire

Quintowill - Level 5
Male Infernape

No Signature
Hidden Power: Rock

Treepandaone (Treep) - Level 5
Male Lucario

No Signature
Hidden Power: Fire

Hanatori - Level 5
Female Dragonair

No Signature

Balmund - Level 6
Male Flygon

No Signature

Insidious_Dreamer (I_D) - Level 5
Female Sceptile

No Signature

Good luck to your Pokemon, Machamp-X!
PM me and I'll make room
Stlbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:21 AM   #5
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Good luck to yours too :p

Blados the male Armaldo, HP Grass

Chaos the male Druddigon, HP Ice

Mustang the male Camerupt, HP Ice, Cameruptite attached.

Ivan the uplevel male Ampharos, HP Ice

Arcanus the male Golurk, HP Fairy

Mist the female Venomoth, HP Rock,Bugcatcher's token attached.

Blados, you got this.
Chalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:43 AM   #6
Stlbk
taco...

Balmund, you're up!

Fly up high and wrap Armaldo in a big ol' Lego-filled dragon Twister!
PM me and I'll make room
Old 01-18-2016, 03:54 PM   #7
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Smack Down to a wing, to send him spiralling to the ground. Leap onto him and Slash a deep gouge into the other wing, make it draw blood. If he's out of reach, Swords Dance instead.

Go blood!

Last edited by Chalis; 01-18-2016 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:30 PM   #8
Mercutio
Banned

Round 1

Man this is going to be sick. I'll stick to fairly sparse reffings as it's just a 2 vs 2, I suppose you want this out the way quite soon.

SCs (assuming these are not wildly out of date):

Spoiler: show
Armaldo (Rock/Bug): Armaldo are adequate swimmers, though not as maneuverable as Anorith. They have no problem with watery environments. They can also hold their breath for a long time, about as long as the average Water-type. Though still weak to Water attacks, they are somewhat less vulnerable than other Rock-types and take somewhat less damage. Their claw based moves deal 1.2x damage.
[Bug]: Bug-types can see in the dark. Most live in warm climates, though they hate fire and dislike extreme cold. Their status inducing attacks have a slight boost to their chance of inflicting statuses and the resulting statuses are slightly more potent than usual.
[Rock]: Rock-type Pokémon generally have hard bodies, which makes them resistant to physical hits and projectiles. They are difficult to burn or poison and prefer hot environments to cold ones. Most are so heavy that they will sink in water, so they stay away from deep-water sources if possible. They are adept at controlling rocks and will use less energy than other Pokémon when using Rock Tomb, Stealth Rock etc. to manipulate the arena. They have slightly more Ground energy than other Pokémon if they naturally learn attacks of that type.

Flygon (Ground/Dragon): Flygon are not as proficient at digging as their basic form but can still conceal themselves well within sandy environments and fight more enthusiastically in them. Flygon's shielded eyes are adapted to seeing in a sandstorm and such are not hindered in heavy sand or fog. Flygon can see in the dark and are resistant to light based attacks targeted at the eyes such as Flash. They are agile fliers, though not exceptionally fast, and are familiar with the Bug type. Because they flap their wings so quickly and produce a near ultrasonic but distracting noise, attacks which use their wings to strike have a 10% flinch chance against its targets.
[Ground]: Ground-type Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 0.75x the usual damage from Electric-type attacks. If a Ground-type is wet, electric attacks affect it normally (unless the Pokémon is naturally wet/slimy, like Quagsire). Ground types do not suffer from recoil damage when using Electric attacks in the water. Ground-type Pokémon are more adept at manipulating outdoor and 'natural' environments than other Pokémon and will spend less energy using Dig, Earthquake etc. They typically have slightly more Rock energy than other Pokémon if they naturally learn attacks of that type.
[Dragon]: Dragon-types tend to be strong swimmers and fliers, though they are not always as agile as other Pokémon. They fight more enthusiastically in warm climates but are less enthusiastic in colder ones. They are resistant to being burned. They have slightly more Fire energy than other Pokémon if they naturally learn attacks of that type.

Great stuff. From returning veteran Stblk, it's Balmund the Flygon, a fantastic Pokémon and a personal favourite of my version of the Dragon Gym. From Machamp, it's Blados the Armaldo, an excellent choice for a realistic match with a tough hide and big pointy bits. Both are sigless, though Armaldo has an altered Hidden Power that is Grass type; Flygon's will be STAB Ground. This could be a great match up, with neither side having that much of an advantage.

Starting us off then, Stblk orders his Flygon to use Fly, and it's gone in a flash, soaring majestically across the skyline of this Lego Paris. Passing the Eiffel Tower, Balmund is perturbed to take damage immediately in the form of a Smack Down from Blados, who has launched his Rock-typed orb from street level. It looks like Balmund wasn't able to gain altitude in time to avoid the attack. The attack hits home for resisted damage, but does a good job of curtailing the Flygon's ability to move. Not being a Flying type, Balmund's mobility is not so resilient, and the attack causes him to lose a fair bit of altitude.

Not one to take the first blow lightly, Stblk orders his Pokémon to use Twister, a strong move that fairly recently gained the ability to be either Dragon or Flying types. Clearly some sexy former LO has a hand in the attack descriptions still. Balmund stretches his mighty wings, feeling that they're not pained enough to prevent any kind of attacks, and creates a gigantic vortex of wind and draconic mist to terrorise the city. The cyclone snakes its way across the arena, buffeting lego cars and trees so harshly they pop from their positions, but Blados is a tough mutha and manages to remain strong.

Responding quickly to the situation, Machamp orders his Armaldo to take the fight to the enemy. Lumbering deceptively swiftly through the streets of urban France, the Rock/Bug type springboards from a conveniently placed Lego Fire Engine and leaps to strike at Balmund. Due to the earlier Smack Down, Balmund remains low enough to be attacked, allowing Blados to deal impressive damage with his outstretched pincer. The Slash stings Balmund, who veers left to face his foe as he lands heavily on the ground below, but it's clear that the hit was not as powerful it might have been. For one thing, the lack of resistance due to Balmund's aerial position means that the impact was more easily dissipated, preventing any kind of realistic injury at this time.

Things are pretty even in terms of health as we start the match, though Flygon did use less energy. Both are fine to use two-movers in the coming round.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:16 PM   #9
Chalis
Activating Rampage

No blood.

Leap for a Slash, swinging your arm downwards across a wing. If he's out of reach, though, replace with a high-pressure Water Gun to a wing. Either way, end by Protecting from something.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:27 PM   #10
Stlbk
taco...

That's one heck of an expert shot with that distance...
Either way, that Armaldo may have brought you down but he's gonna regret ever doing it!

"Let's meet that pitiful Slash with Steel Wing to his...head thing?
Crack me a skull please!

Feint that Protect, never did like that move...

Bash his skull in further with another Steel Wing from those big ol' wings" ^_~
PM me and I'll make room
Old 01-23-2016, 08:52 AM   #11
Mercutio
Banned

Round 2

Immediately succumbing to the urge to type spam everything, a trademark of the ASB from which he hails, Stblk orders his Flygon to use Steel Wing, a strong physical counter to the Slash called for by Machamp. Blados rears up tall to bring his huge claws down upon Balmund's wings, but finds they are coated in a tough metallic energy field! The attacks collide with shocking force, an animé style contest that defies gravity and leaves both sides panting for breath at the end of it! It's clear that Blados is the worst for the clash, having taken super effective damage, but the match is far from over.

Seeking to stave off further health losses this round, Machamp orders his Pokémon into defence mode with a Protect shield. Unfortunately for the Armaldo, Stblk has been around the block and knows that there are ways around this technique, such as using Feint to sneak round the back! Balmund attacks with practised ease, thumping through the shimmering shield surround Blados to deal some unexpected damage. At least the Rock-type resists the blow...

... but not the follow up Steel Wing! Blados withdraws against the blow, staggering drunkenly to lurch into a tall building nearby (I do not have any knowledge of Parisian geography so sue me), sending the top half of it clattering into the park behind! Machamp gasps at the huge damage dealt to his Pokémon this round, while Stblk looks on proudly as Balmund settles to perch on the plastic ground, looking to catch his breath.

A fairly substantial health gap has opened up, and although there have been no realistic--style injuries this round there's now lego everywhere that will really hurt if you step on it! Energy wise, Balmund should take a one-mover, as should Blados although it's a mite less required. Balmund can probably pull out a weak Steel move but doesn't have much of that energy pool left at present.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:22 PM   #12
Stlbk
taco...

Super lazy this round.... >.<

Stone Edge to keep up the pain!
PM me and I'll make room
Old 01-24-2016, 06:21 PM   #13
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Aqua Jet to bullet around the projectiles, using the momentum to chain into a leaping Slash to the wing, pulling him down lower if possible.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:15 PM   #14
Mercutio
Banned

Round 3

From his position on the Lego street, Balmund has a clear line of sight towards his foe, and Stblk is in no mood to waste the opportunity. Despite the need to conserve energy for the round, Stblk goes for typespam, calling for his Flygon to use a Stone Edge. Summoning a slew of jagged boulder fragments to encircle itself, Balmund beats its wings to launch the projectiles harshly towards his target. Thinking quickly, Machamp orders his Armaldo to use Aqua Jet, a clone of Quick Attack build for rapid feints and low yield damage. Shaking Lego bricks from his armoured hide, Blados surges forwards in a sudden burst of agility, swimming through the air in a corona of gushing water to corkscrew around the super effective assault head his way. Due largely to the widespread nature of the Rock typed attack, Blados is unable to avoid the entirety of the technique, shards of stone rebounding to shatter harmlessly on the streets below.

Before Balmund can even register the threat, Blados has arrived and thrust a vorpal blade deeply into Balmund's vulnerable wing joint, a jarring Slash attack slicing bodily through the Ground/Dragon's health type. Green vitality bleeds voluminously from Balmund's healthbar, a shallow cut now visible as Balmund's heavy claw makes its presence known. Balmund slinks to the right, shielding his damaged wing with the bulk of his wiry frame, but it doesn't look like the wound is too serious; I doubt it will prevent the Dragon from taking off should it want to.

Damage sustained wasn't too different, but Blados is still losing ground to Balmund in that sense. In terms of energy, Balmund is quite healthy for Rock and can use two moves freely this round. Blados should stick to one.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:39 PM   #15
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Brine to the wounded wing. Screech out an attack.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:59 PM   #16
Stlbk
taco...

That screech sounds so nice (see what I did there?! ._. ) that maybe you should do one too?
Heck I don't even think Armaldo could even cover its ears lol

Screech!
Then fight through it all with a nasty upleveled Outrage!
PM me and I'll make room
Old 01-28-2016, 06:19 PM   #17
Mercutio
Banned

Round 4

Sensing an opening, Machamp seizes the initiative and orders his Armaldo to fire a salty Brine. This move, presumably fuelled by the GM's growing casualty list, requires the ref to look it up it's been so long since her had to think about it, and deals a considerable amount of damage as it splashes across Balmund's defensive posture and seeps into the gash on its wing. Blados grins as his spout has the effect he'd been hoping for, the froth coating the lego below iand trickling down towards the Arc de Triumph. That's the advantage of Water type moves, the fluid dynamic in which they operate.

Next, some meaningless infantile noise, courtesy of a clash of two Screech techniques!

Moving on, Stblk takes his chance to retaliate for that Brine, calling for his Pokémon to show its Outrage at the round's events. Maybe Blados spoiled the final of Bake Off? Anyway, the Flygon lunges suddenly at his opponent, lashing out powerfully with thumping tail slams, slicing bite attacks and vicious bursts of blue-green flame. Blados withdraws, clawed limbs protecting vulnerable parts, the Rock/Bug type withstanding an impressive amount of punishment as the attack wears on. Finally, Balmund wears out, panting lightly as the red fog of war lifts slowly from his eyes. Looks like he might be momentarily stunned at the start of the round due to the after effects of using that attack.

Blados has passed halfway and is approaching the 1/3 mark in health terms. Energy wise, there's another Brine available for now but after that Water will need a couple of rounds to recharge. Balmund is into the second third of his health.
Old 01-30-2016, 08:46 PM   #18
Stlbk
taco...

Substitute!

Once you regain your composure, use Roost!
PM me and I'll make room
Old 01-31-2016, 11:32 AM   #19
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Smash that default Sub with a Double-Edge. Slice deep gashes into his chest with an X-Scissor, pinning him in the process. Slash the gash open further.

That's a three.

Last edited by Chalis; 01-31-2016 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:13 PM   #20
Mercutio
Banned

Round 5

Well this is fun.

Taking a moment to regain his composure, Balmund is the first to action this round, sacrificing a significant amount of health to create a convincing Substitute that can take hits for him. The Ground/Dragon type winces at the hiving off of his vitality like that, but sets his dolly off to play with the opponent as he retreats to a place of safety.

For some reason not ordering the obvious Earthquake counter to someone using Substitute going first, Machamp orders his Armaldo to throw caution to the wind and launch a reckless Double Edge. The substitute doll is ripped apart like so much cheese string, popping out of existence with a quiet fizzle and revealing the real Flygon settling down behind the ruins of the Lego building. It looks like it's using Roost, which in-game might class as a clever combo but here looks like a bit of a gamble. Though the time bought by the Substitute allows Balmund to recover a little health, the coming brutality quickly puts paid to any recuperation. Balmund seriously regrets the fine print of Roost's attack description, though he's glad of the Wish-refreshment, as Blados brings two heavy claws cleaving down and through him, dealing a significant hit and throwing him back into a pile of rubble. That's X-Scissor!

With a roar, a battle-ready Blados kicks it into overdrive. Dazed from the impact, and tired from the strain of the high-octane battle, Balmund can do little but curl his wings about himself to try and defend against the scythe-like Slash that comes his way. A huge chunk of green is sent shimmering into nothingness, Balmund groaning heavily at the horrible pain, though he's glad that the newly gained cut to his left wing is merely superficial. Both sides pant heavily from the round's exertions, in definite need of a breather, but it's clear that this fight is far from over. Blados hasn't even bled yet!

The use of two draining moves, even one curtailed, just after an Outrage leaves Balmund in desperate need of a one-move round. Blados is much the same, his heavy three mover requiring him to slow up as well. Balmund has made a large net loss of health and is almost to 1/3, while Blados took only a jolt of recoil, a touch above his foe.

Last edited by Mercutio; 02-01-2016 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:11 PM   #21
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Cut a neat line across him.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:14 PM   #22
Stlbk
taco...

Dragon Claw
PM me and I'll make room
Old 02-11-2016, 03:16 PM   #23
Mercutio
Banned

Round 6

Apologies for the delay.

Both sides pant heavily as they enter the sixth round of the match, staring each other down in the ruins of central Paris. Fortunately, they've got an easier time of it this round, ordered simply to use a single damaging attack at close range.

Blados is up first due to his initiative, and he draws his rightmost claw neatly across his target to deal respectable damage with a Cut. The slice comes straight out of Balmund's chest, though it fails to leave any kind of bodily injury this time around. Responding in no uncertain terms, Balmund wraps his right hand in cyan coloured energy, seeming to sharpen and elongate his digits because in fairness to the animé that is pretty sick, and stabs it harshly right in to his opponent's rocky underside! The Dragon Claw sends yet another chunk of green flying from the shrinking health reserves of Blados, the Armaldo glad of the defensive attributes his Rock type provides him!

That round was pretty even, both sides now into the final third of their healthbars. They are both now fine to use a two-mover as they have had their much needed breathers.

Last edited by Mercutio; 02-11-2016 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:08 PM   #24
Stlbk
taco...

Flamethrower.

Heat Wave.
PM me and I'll make room
Old 02-12-2016, 04:19 AM   #25
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Try to parry Flamethrower as you sidestep to the left, Slashing his side. Slash deep gouges into him, drawing more blood.

Last edited by Chalis; 02-12-2016 at 03:09 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL