UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Statistics and Battle Archive

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 05:57 PM   #51
Sneaze
#SWAG

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
RNG is happening in roughly five minutes. Oh and surprise surprise if you're actually there for it you get a slightly higher chance at winning.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Old 12-12-2015, 06:06 PM   #52
Sneaze
#SWAG

So the RNG winners who actually get to pick their spots are as follows:

Firewater
Lil'twick
Miror
Ironthunder
Snorby
Myles Fowl II
TalkSick
TheKnightsFury
Eliteknight

You have until the end of the day Thursday to PM me with what square you wish to start in. Please do not send me your choice of Pokemon yet. You will also get a PM from me reminding you if I've not heard from you by Tuesday just to be safe.

Quote:

Last edited by Sneaze; 12-12-2015 at 06:16 PM. Reason: slight clarification of rules
Old 12-16-2015, 12:27 AM   #53
Sneaze
#SWAG

It seems that people have decided to actually get back to me ahead of time. Somehow I'm actually surprised.

As such, we will now be moving on to the final stage before Round 0. I will be taking PMs from all entrants with their choice of Pokemon.

Please include in your PM the following: Pokemon, nickname (even if it doesn't have one, PLEASE give it one for this), gender, Hidden Power, and Sig (if applicable).

Additionally, those that DID NOT win the lottery will get some sway on their starting spot. Everyone will get to pick one map area (i.e. Avalanche Slopes, The Dome, The Rink) that they DO NOT want to start in, and they will be guaranteed not to be placed in that area during the randomization process.

You will have until the end of the day Thursday the 24th to get these to me.

Winners of previous GMs will be recieving PMs from me shortly with details of their initial starting Wu.

Quote:

Last edited by Sneaze; 12-16-2015 at 12:33 AM.
Old 12-25-2015, 05:00 PM   #54
Sneaze
#SWAG

Round 0

A cold wind blows as the announcer enters his podium from the howling wind and snows outside. The crackling fire illuminates the face of the man on the camera as though it were the start of classic holiday tale. The man leans into the mic and begins to speak.

S12: LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMBLE!

The man looks like a fool. That was a completely idiotic thing to say on this, a most somber of holidays. Frantically, he examines his desk for a way to look a little less dumb, before finding the big ol' "DO NOT PRESS" button. Deciding to continue the stupid streak, he elects to ignore the warning, and slams his fist on the button.

Large, metal doors swing open with a CRASH! and two more figures enter the podium before taking their seats. Clearing their throat, one speaks.

TT: Welcome one and all to the Fifth Grand Melee.

Q: Wasn't the Championships the fifth?

TT: No that a special invite only event, doesn't count.

S12: You're just saying that because the number's already on the thread.

TT: MOVING ON. Welcome to the Grand Melee, we will be your hosts as you duke it out with friends, foes, and freezing temperatures this time around.

S12: I'll be handling battle commentary on a round-by-round basis. Remember that we'll have two cameras up each round so there should be plenty to see across this gigantic map!

TT: I'll be bringing you weather and field reports, whether it's if a new Room or Terrain move has been spotted, or if a massive blizzard is picking up or dying down, look for the blue to know what to do.

Q: And I'll be covering reports on the mysterious Wu hidden around the map, as well as anything that might get a little too technical for the standard battle commentary.

S12: Now remember everyone, this battle will be taking place in the standard 6/9 style, and you will recover some of your type energy over time, so don't be a scrooge and hold onto it until it's too late!

Q: And speaking of energy, remember that if you score the most damage or the last hit on an opponent that you'll recover some when they're KO'd. So don't worry about running out of energy mid-fight if you're being smart.

TT: Finally, remember that our arena is incredibly dangerous during the intense blizzards. These storms happen every three to five rounds, and last for the same duration, so make sure you find yourself some warmth while they're up if you don't want to freeze!

Q: Now, everyone has recieved their own personal map, which will be updated each round with what their Pokemon sees, and we will also have the public map with what our Pokemon recorders can see in the field.

S12: And of course, if you're not doing anything, your system will issue you a warning otherwise it'll pop up a distress beacon on the main map. And since this is a Grand Melee and not some holiday trip, we won't be coming to help you! Then again, some of the other Pokemon on the field might come find you instead...

Q: Finally, note that there are mysterious Wu littered across the map for people to find. Picking up these will grant you great powers, and you can carry up to two at a time! Having two will cause your Pokemon to Mega Evolve if they're able, and if they're not they'll get a power boost until they come across another Wu, which they must swap with to retain the boost.

TT: And of course, if two or more Pokemon try to grab the same Wu in the same round, it'll initiate a Xiaolin Showdown! These challenges range from simplistic to completely hellish, so be prepared for anything! To make matters worse, the area they're in will appear on the map due to distortion, so you might have some intruders come to mess with you if they occur.

S12: Now, we know that your maps are looking a little barren right now, and we also know that doing the mapping is one of the best parts of a Grand Melee, so, for this Round 0 only, we'll be presenting a map with everyone's starting locations.

Q: Try to figure out who's what, and what's where! But you better do it fast!

The screen flickers on, revealing a map of the area, and blue dots light up to show combatant locations...

S12: Now, finally, those of you who do have immediate activation sigs, don't worry, they'll be going off. But, not until the very start of Round 1, that way you at least have a moment to try to react to your surroundings before potentially being found by everyone around you.

TT: Good luck.

Q: And Merry Christmas!

Orders will be due in by 10 PM EST on Saturday, December 26th. Please title your PMs as "Nickname - Gender Species - Round 1"

Quote:
Old 12-27-2015, 01:42 AM   #55
Sneaze
#SWAG

Round 1

The screen flashes back on and the three announcers smile as they wait for the two screens next to the map to light up as the camerapokemon take to the field.

S12: Welcome back one and all, and sorry for the technical delays. Imgur is a butt. Let's get things going.

TT: As a note, it would appear that your headset maps aren't particularly good at tracking movement, so unless you can see something at the end of a round, you won't be able to see them on your map at all. Guess you better read your reffings!

Q: And by that we mean it'd take another two hours to make the maps actually good if we allowed all movement in your vision range to show.

The first screen lights up, the Mega Alakazam recorder smiling into it before pointing it at his targets, revealing the top of Avalanche Slopes. Atop it stand an Abomasnow, Blissey, and Toxicroak, who all seem a bit buddy buddy as the round starts. That is, until Toxicroak goes to go chase after something offscreen, only for Abomasnow to smack him in the face with a direct contact Earthquake. Toxicroak looks at him as though he has just offended his mother, before Abomasnow hits him with another Earthquake.

S12: Oh come now, that's just rude.

Toxicroak looks back, seeing that whatever he was going for is now apparently gone, and turns to Abomasnow, smacking him back with a Dynamic Punch, clearly a bit steamed. Suddenly, a Fire Blast rips its way over the hill to strike the Abomasnow in the back, and the camera pans to reveal a Rampardos just to the north. The Rampardos hides its head for a moment before popping back into the fray, loosing a Stone Edge this time. Luckily Abomasnow is able to dodge a fair bit of it, but it still hurts quite a lot. Happy to still be alive after the assault, Abomasnow cheers, before Blissey walks up and taps him on the shoulder, smiling mouthing words before loosing a point blank Fire Blast in its face. Abomasnow coughs up smoke at the pain before falling over, KO'd.

TT: What did she say?

S12: The Lannisters send their regards?

TT: Weird.

The second screen then flickers on, revealing our Mega Gardevoir, who waves and points the camera at a Bisharp in the middle of The Rink. The Bisharp creates three clones via a Double Team before walking over to a part of the rink and chipping away at the ice. Suddenly, a Marill approaches, and looses a Water Gun through one of the clones, causing it to disappear. The Bisharp seems largely unbothered up until the Marill continues forward, punching through a second clone with a Dynamic Punch. Now a little ticked, the Bisharp and its clone stand and pick up the Marill, proceeding to chuck it with a Seismic Toss across the rink, the mouse skidding across the ice and slamming into the wall before the Bisharp continues its work. The camera pans down, revealing a small ring shining beneath the ice.

S12: Well, that was... something. Not sure why the Bisharp's clone didn't disappear when it did that but I guess we'll find out later!

TT: Ooh! What's that under the ice!

Q: That's the Ring of the Nine Dragonites! An incredibly powerful Wu that allows the owner to split itself into up to nine total copies!

S12: Well, I hope he gets to it soon. Seeing something like that on the big screen is a good way to attract a swarm.

TT: So it looks like we have a bit of Mist hanging out in the Snowman Plains for whatever reason, as well as a smaller, dark Room of some sort to the southeast of the Dome.

Q: That would probably be from the Showdown going on there. A quick report reveals it's just a one round thing, though, so not worth getting worked up over.

S12: What about that one in the northwest part of the dome?

Q: Oh! That Showdown seems to be a snowball fight! How fun!

TT: Maybe we'll pop in there next round. Until then, good luck!

Orders will be due in by 10 PM EST on Sunday, December 27th. Please title your PMs as "Nickname - Gender Species - Round 2"

Quote:
Old 12-28-2015, 02:50 AM   #56
Sneaze
#SWAG

Round 2

Welcome back one and all. We've got a lot of reports of crazy things sure to happen this round, so let's get straight into it.

The cameras flicker on, the first showing the top of Avalanche Slopes once more. The group that was here last round doesn't seem all too aggressive right now though, in fact, they all promptly go their seperate ways. Our Mega Alakazam reporter shrugs at the camera, and promptly Teleports to a more exciting area. Reappearing, the Alakazam takes a wide shot from the inside of The Dome. Here we see a Jynx attempting to flee from a Spiritomb, only to run straight into an Ariados. The spider promptly spits out some Pin Missile at the Psychic type, who only seems to be frustrated that her escape is blocked, before attempting to blow a Sweet Kiss and Spiritomb makes her more unhappy with a Shadow Ball to the back, interrupting her. The Ariados repeats its Pin Missile assault and it's crystal clear the Jynx could be in trouble very soon.

The camera pans suddenly, the reporter's attention clearly caught by something else. A Beartic comes running by, absolutely swarmed by a flock of Delibird from the tree making all sorts of ruckus and just being generally aggrivating.

TT: What. The. Fuck.

Q: Aren't the wild Pokemon supposed to be not all that aggressive?

S12: They are. I guess he just did something to really piss them off.

The Beartic tries to run out the northern entrance, but an Entei rounds the corner and spots the group, startling off the Delibird. The Legendary beast seems none too pleased, and looses a mighty Lava Plume to rain down around the group. It's clear he's attempting to avoid the Jynx, but her positioning is just not great for the situation, being smack in the middle of the group, and she takes a fair bit of hurt from it all. The Entei breathes a sigh of relief as the Jynx remains standing after the assualt, but suddenly what few Delibird remained in the area take off, and quick, as a whistling is heard nearby. A bright ball of energy comes crashing down hard, causing a huge explosion that engulfs all but the Entei. The smoke clears and Jynx is out cold, with the others having sustained a ton of damage and Beartic looking a little sickly, having acquired Toxic poisoning.

Q: WHAT WAS THAT?!

S12: That would appear to have been a signature move, by the name of Mutually Assured Destruction.

TT: Wow, it's a shame our camera wasn't pointing properly to pick up whatever let it off.

The camera continues, and the Spiritomb smiles as a golden glow pops into existence, and it grabs the Wu it won from the showdown.

TT: Somehow I don't think the goal of that showdown was "Survive a nuke".

Q: Hey, whatever works. That Wu is the Lasso Ekans Ekans, a rather handy Wu that creates a weak Ekans fighting partner for you. You can even give it orders!

S12: Well... let's see what our more passive camera picked up, shall we?

The second camera flickers on, revealing the Mega Gardevoir reporter and the Bisharp from before. The Mega Gardevoir looks around momentarily, clearly able to see something the camera just can't with it's inferior range, and decides to get out of dodge. A quick Teleport later and we find ourselfs deep within The Forest. The camera zooms in on a small Pachirisu, in a cave with three Ursaring, attempting to negotiate with the leader of the trio for the Wu it seems to be wearing as a hat. Sadly for the squirrel, the bears don't seem to interested in whatever it's saying. Shortly, a group of Teddiursa appear, looking rather pleased with themselves, though when they go to point at what they found, their mouths turn to frowns, as whatever they thought was following them clearly isn't there anymore.

TT: Aww... poor Teddis.

S12: Not really sure what we're looking at. Some sort of bargain with bears I guess. Can we get a fashion report on the leader?

Q: Oh, he's wearing the next big thing this season, a Wu by the name of the Sapphire Dragonair. It's a pretty powerful Wu that'll create a large living gem shaped like a Dragonair that puts wild Pokemon under the control of the user. The Dragonair itself is pretty brittle, though.

The cameras flicker off and the map lights up, revealing the events of the round.

TT: Hmm... looks like we don't have much else new on the map. And that dark Room is gone.

Q: Both of our Showdowns are over, too, and no new ones to speak of.

S12: I'd say that's boring, but it looks like we've got a whopping four whole KO's this round. Wow.

TT: Well, to those of you still hanging around... good luck!

Orders will be due in by 10 PM EST on Monday, December 28th. Please title your PMs as "Nickname - Gender Species - Round 3"

Quote:
Old 12-29-2015, 11:50 PM   #57
Sneaze
#SWAG

Round 3

S12: And, after some delay, we're back.

The screens flicker on once more, and the camera zooms in to show the screen displaying the inside of The Dome. Our cameraman watches on as the Beartic attempts to use a quick burst of Agility to escape its current situation, running north while hesitantly looking behind him to make sure he's not attacked. This turns out to be a downfall as the Spiritomb unleashes a bright Confuse Ray at the Entei, managing to catch both the Spinarak and the Beartic in the wave as well due to their clumped positioning and the fact that for some reason they're still facing that way. Wooooooops. The three confused Pokemon stare on, befuddled, as the Spiritomb promptly decides to leave by dashing directly through all three of them, heading off to the north.

TT: Well... that was... something?

S12: People really should consider the area of effect nature of things more.

Q: Oh, look! I think we found what used that huge attack last round!

The camera pans slightly to spot a Forretress slowly inching out from under the shadow of the tree. It looks to be moving rather hesitantly for whatever reason, staring evil-eyed at the Beartic but refusing to actually move much closer.

TT: Odd.

S12: Well, this is just what happens when your orders contradict themselves, I suppose.

Q: Let's go look at the cute little squirrel again!

The second screen flickers onto the main monitor, showing the Pachirisu still attempting to negotiate with the Ursaring. In the background, a Joltik reveals itself, and the Teddiursa become rather happy that their charge was indeed following them all along! The Pachirisu isn't having much luck, and pours on the drama with some Fake Tears, but once again the bears just don't care. They see that kind of thing all the time from the cubs, after all, and one doesn't become head bear without a fancy hat. Meanwhile, the Joltik decides to set up a Spider Web all along the cave entrance. It doesn't cover everything perfectly, but it works out pretty well. Deciding to go a different route, the Pachirisu shakes that sweet thang, trying to Attract the bears instead. The Teddiursa look on in awe while the Ursaring mutter to themselves momentarily, and Joltik goes about setting up another layer of Spider Web to complete its trap. Finally noticing what's going on, the Teddiursa begin to freak out, trapped inside the cave, causing the lead Ursaring to stand up angrily and Roar at the duo, terrifying them both.

Q: I get the feeling this was a bad idea.

S12: I dunno, I get the feeling this was intended.

TT: I just get the feeling that those bears might have an additional meal before they hibernate this winter...

The screens flicker away from the scene and the map pulls up once more.

S12: Boo, no KO's this round.

Q: And no new Showdowns either.

TT: Well, there is something new. It seems the ice in the Rink is shattering apart at an alarming rate.

Q: I guess someone really wanted that Wu we saw earlier.

TT: We also have some slight winds picking up across the entire arena, so consider this your official warning that we're likely to get a snowstorm at the end of next round!

Q: But until then... good luck!

Orders will be due in by 10 PM EST on Wednesday, December 30th. Please title your PMs as "Nickname - Gender Species - Round 4"

Quote:
Old 01-04-2016, 04:10 AM   #58
Sneaze
#SWAG

Round 4

S12: Sorry for the delay folks, but we're finally back!

The screens flicker on once more, and we go back to our skirmish in the Dome. It's clear that Beartic and Ariados are a fair bit confused, but Entei seems to have shaken its confusion for now due to being further away from the initial ray. It looses a mighty roar and absolutely terrifies the Beartic and Ariados, before suddenly Spiritomb comes flying back with a Pursuit, bouncing off Entei and landing next to its friends. Oddly enough, it can't seem to move.

Q: Weird. Must have been paralyzed somehow.

TT: What was that roar?

S12: That's Entei's signature move, Zhaohuan Huoshan. Yes there are supposed to be accents there. And it's a move that, well...

The camera pans to show the tree at the center of the Dome, as a small volcano emerges below it. The volcano doesn't reach particularly high, but it's certainly wide, and the lava completely sets the tree ablaze while it instantly severs its roots, causing it to sway in all directions as the Delibird completely freak out before it begins to fall... directly towards the group. Entei decides to book it, and uses Extremespeed to do so, heading around the side of the dome, and the Forretress notices and jumps off to the side with all the speed it can to avoid the tree, narrowly. The Ariados, Beartic, and Spiritomb, however, with all of their statuses, are not so lucky. The tree comes down with a thump, shaking the entire arena, and the three are near instantaneously KO'd thanks to having already taken a fair bit of damage.

S12: geeettttttt dunked on!!!

TT: Well they got Joshed.

Q: Kinda ironic, huh?

The camera pans up to the northern entrance once more, and a Marill and Slurpuff arrive to see those they came to aid completely and utterly ended. They look rather sad, especially as they walk atop some Toxic Spikes set at the entrance.

S12: Oooh, stepping on friendly traps. Never fun.

Q: Can we go see the other camera?

TT: Yes, let's!

The screen flickers to the Gardevoir cam, but the cameramon simply looks around nervous before deciding to Teleport away from the area. Reappearing, she ends up elsewhere in the Forest, finding a Kadabra in the area. He seems to just be wandering around, not really sure what to do, especially when the entire arena shakes from the events of the other camera. He wanders around a bit more but doesn't seem to be able to find anything.

S12: I'm not sure if he's just actively being boring or just can't find what he's looking for.

TT: Well he's a Psychic type so... probably the former.

Q: How sad... Map time!

Once again the screen changes over to the map, revealing the events of the round.

S12: Holy cow FIVE KOS?!

Q: Well, that's one way to avoid the storm. Doesn't look like we've got any Showdowns going on... sad.

TT: Speaking of the storm, it's starting up right now, and it's gonna last a whole four rounds, so get comfortable. It looks like someone already has, having set up a Magic Room in Avalanche Slopes. Probably for the best as it stopped an actual avalanche from the tree falling. ...though now the Rink is completely shattered.

Q: We're gonna give everybody a bit more time for orders this round due to our long delay, so until next time...

TT: Good luck!

Orders will be due in by 10 PM EST on Tuesday, January 5th. Please title your PMs as "Nickname - Gender Species - Round 5"

Quote:
Old 01-17-2016, 07:40 AM   #59
Sneaze
#SWAG

Round 5

S12: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're back.

TT: We're so sorry for the wait, everyone!

Q: We are? --I mean, we are! Let's get right to it.

The screen flickers on once more to show our Mega Alakazam cameraman. He doesn't seem to interested in his current area, and immediately leaves, landing at the southern edge of the Forest. Here we see a group of not one, but two Articuno, a Regice, a Teddiursa, and a Lucario, and they're in hot pursuit of... something. It doesn't take long for them to catch their prey, a Gardevoir who looks rather shocked to see the massive paintrain headed its way. One of the Articuno quickly proceeds to Taunt the Psychic type, leaving it rather vulnerable, and the Teddiursa is glad to follow up, spitting out a Gunk Shot. The attack lands handily, and the Gardevoir shatters into a million little pieces.

Q: WOOPS! PRECIOUS TYPESPAM WASTED!

S12: Seems the Gardevoir was at least somewhat prepared with that Substitute. ...but where's the real one?

TT: Looks like our group is asking themselves that very question.

The group of Pokemon stands around for a moment, as Lucario proceeds to scan the area with its aura senses. It seems to have located their prey, but suddenly a Kadabra appears, jumping through some strange rift that appeared in the air. The group is bewildered by the sudden appearance, that is until one of the Articuno blasts out an Ice Beam at the new arrival. Sadly though, it's soaked up by a Light Screen the Kadabra had set up before arriving. In the midst of all this, Teddiursa decides to activate a Wu, screaming "Shen-Ga-Khan!" into the air as a large mechanical Kangaskhan appears next to the small bear, who promptly decides to climb into its pouch.

Q: Oooooh! That's a really fun Wu that allows the rider, or riders if you can fit more than one, to travel at max running speed without any energy expenditure.

S12: Well, I guess now the question is whether they'll give chase to the Gardevoir or take on that new foe.

TT: Speaking of which... wasn't that Kadabra being watched by our other camera just last round?

The screen flickers to the Mega Gardevoir camera, showing the exact same Kadabra. The Kadabra proceeds to set up the same Light Screen seen on the previous camera, before raising a Wu into the air and shouting "Golden Persian Claws!", creating a rift which he proceeds to jump through. The Gardevoir camerawoman looks puzzled for a moment, before deciding to go elsewhere, appearing next to a Skarmory atop the Dome, who seems to be having fun as it showers a rain of Spikes over the side to come down on the east entrance. The wind whips the bird around so much it's amazing its talons are capable of holding it onto the roof.

TT: Wow, it's almost kinda trippy watching the sequence of events like that.

Q: Well, not surprising he got so far with the use of that Wu. It allows the user to teleport to any point on the map, even if they've never seen it before. ...sadly it's only got one use. At least it looks nice, though!

S12: It seems people are also trying to secure safe zones like the Dome, not a bad strategy in the middle of this intense snowstorm.

Once again the screen changes, revealing the events of the round on the map.

TT: Hmm... no real changes to speak of...

Q: And no Showdowns still...

S12: Not even a single KO. What a relatively boring round.

TT: Oh well, maybe next round will be more fun.

Q: Until then... good luck!

Orders will be due in by 10 PM EST on Monday, January 18th. Please title your PMs as "Nickname - Gender Species - Round 6"
Old 01-22-2016, 12:57 AM   #60
Sneaze
#SWAG

Round 6

S12: A wild Round appeared!

TT: Never make jokes again.

Once again our screens flicker on, and the Alakazam cameraman decides that ONCE AGAIN, he wants to go somewhere else. Teleporting, we find ourselves at one of the entrances to the Dome. And judging by the trees just outside, it seems to be the east entrance. A Forretress sits just inside the entrance, but it doesn't seem to be doing much of anything, staring around wondering why its trainer hasn't given it any orders. Suddenly, a Lampent approaches from the southwest along the inner wall of the Dome, and upon spotting the Forretress, lets loose with a Fire Blast. It looks like the Ghost is about to repeat the assault on the poor defenseless Bug, when suddenly a Skarmory comes swooping in the entrance from above the Dome, loosing a Screech at everything below. The Lampent freaks out for a moment, losing its concentration, and Skarmory starts to fly further in.

Q: Skarmory the hero!

TT: Skarmory the savior!

S12: Respect the afk, guys.

Just when it looks like Forretress may be safe, a mighty Sacred Fire rips into it, coming from the west. The camera pans, revealing an Entei, who seems rather pleased with itself, before more fire licks its lips and it blasts out another Sacred Fire. The flames ravage the poor Forretress, and it just can't take the heat, slumping over unconscious. Happy with its work, Entei takes back off into the Forest.

TT: I thought it was supposed to be Concept with the Legend with 3x STAB against you.

Q: That Entei has absolutely no chill.

S12: A kill is a kill, no matter how chill.

Our screens change, and reveal our Gardevoir camera, still pointed nicely at the Skarmory. Watching as it swoops away, Gardevoir elects not to follow, and we're Teleported away once more. This time, we find ourselves deep in the Forest. But... there doesn't seem to be anything in front of the camera. The camera zooms in drastically as something zips past, before focusing itself on an itty bitty Accelgor dashing away from lord knows what.

S12: I thought our Gardevoir was going a bit loony for a second there.

TT: Why is that Accelgor about three inches tall?

Q: Must be the effect of some Wu. Though we won't know what until we see it.

The screen flashes bright with an alert, before displaying the arena as per the norm.

Q: What was that alert?

S12: Seems we have our first person sending up a distress signal. A Swalot.

TT: Well, we'll see what kind of help he gets next round...

Orders will be due in by 10 PM EST on Friday, January 22nd. Please title your PMs as "Nickname - Gender Species - Round 7"

Quote:
Old 01-25-2016, 06:49 AM   #61
Sneaze
#SWAG

Round 7

S12: And after some delay that's for once not completely our fault, we're back. Let's get right on into it.

The Alakazam camera flickers on, and the cameraman decides to once again Teleport elsewhere, this time find himself by a lone Scraggy. The Scraggy seems to be waiting patiently for something, but this soon turns out to be a problem as an Articuno, Mega Lucario, and a Teddiursa show up, the bear riding on the same mechanical Kangaskhan we saw earlier. The Scraggy has no idea what's going on, and soon the Articuno raises a rather phallic Wu to the sky, shouting "GOLDEN "FINGER"!" before using its power to hold Scraggy in place. This allows Lucario to easily get off an initial attack with an Aura Sphere before Teddiursa jumps out of its own Wu and strikes with a Brick Break, before following up by jabbing playfully at the Scraggy to deal absolute tons of damage with a Play Rough. Ouch. The Teddiursa jumps back into its Wu just in time for the hold over Scraggy to break.

S12: Ouch, what a nasty initial assault.

TT: Can we get a Wu rundown here?

Q: Of course! That was the Golden "Finger"... don't ask what that implies. It's a rather nasty little thing that lets its owner use Disable.

The fight continues quickly, as Scraggy raises a hand to the sky with its own Wu, shouting "FIST OF TEBIGOLURK!" before rushing at the Teddi with an Ice Punch. The Fist collides with the side of the Kangaskhan with a loud clang, the bear having come prepared for this fight, and Scraggy looks on in horror as followup comes his way. A second Aura Sphere is chucked out by the Lucario, blasting down the poor Scraggy and knocking it away from the Teddiursa, before Articuno whips its wings to send forth an Air Cutter, shredding what little health the figher had remaining and causing it to fall to the ground, KO'd.

S12: Ouch. Quick rundown on the prize one of our fighters might be taking away from this?

Q: The Fist of Tebigolurk? Oh, it just makes attacks with your fist hurt. A lot.

TT: What it says on the tin, then. Let's go look at what we've got on our other cam.

The screen shifts to the Gardevoir cam, but for once she seems happy to follow her current star. The Accelgor proceeds to use a burst of Agility fly through the Forest with impressive speed, making for a hard time keeping up with the tiny Bug. But it would seem all that commotion due to speed has something spotting it, and a Porygon blasts into sight with a Thief, attempting to steal the Accelgor's Wu. Luckily for Accelgor, it manages to retain a hold on it, and the two struggle momentarily for control before the Wu shines a bright gold and rises into the air, causing Accelgor to revert to its normal size. An ominous voice rings out "LET'S GO. XIAOLIN SHOWDOWN!" before one of the local Teddiursa jumps up and grabs the Wu from the air, quickly growing in size until it is absolutely massive, over twenty feet high. The camera fades out as both combatants stare on in awe.

TT: OH MY GOD IT'S THE WORLD'S MOST SNUGGLEABLE TEDDY BEAR.

Q: Well... now we know what made Accelgor so small. That's the Changing Machopsticks. A Wu that allows the user to shrink down to a tiny size or enlarge itself somewhat. ...though normally not THAT much.

S12: Huh. What is it with this Grand Melee and bears? Anyway, on to the map.

The screen enlarges the map once more, showing the events of the round.

S12: Looks like the KO we saw was the only one this time. And the distress signal from before is gone, too.

TT: The volcano also seems to be gone for now.

Q: Well, at least we have that Showdown. Looks like it's supposed to be a race of some form.

TT: Well, we'll just have to see how the last round of the snowstorm plays out.

Orders will be due in by 10 PM EST on Tuesday, January 26th. Please title your PMs as "Nickname - Gender Species - Round 8"
Old 01-28-2016, 03:34 AM   #62
Sneaze
#SWAG

Round 8

S12: We've got a craaaaaaaaaazy round ahead, so let's jump right in.

The screen flickers to Alakazam for a moment. The cameramon pauses, thinking whether he should stay with this clearly murderous group, or leave to go somewhere else. He quickly makes up his mind and we find ourselves Teleported into the Dome. The camera turns to the star of this round, a Skarmory flying overhead, just in time to see it toss out a Flash Cannon towards something inside the burning tree. It doesn't take long for us to figure out exactly what that is, though, as a Slurpuff comes riding through the fire and the flames on a gigantic self-made Surf wave, putting out a fair bit of the fire and making the local Delibird rather happy. It tries to reach for the Skarmory, but it just can't make the height, sadly, ending its close of the gap below the bird. The Skarmory doesn't have long to celebrate, though, as a Metang comes flying in at ludicrous speeds, coated in the dark bubble of a Pursuit before smacking into the bird. An Aurorus also approaches, and tosses out a Thunder Wave in an attempt to lock the bird down. The paralysis starts taking hold quickly, but it would appear we have a case of miscommunication as the Metang promptly covers its fist with Ground energy and smacks the Skarmory with an Earthquake, freeing it of its status long enough to allow it to toss another Flash Cannon at the Slurpuff.

S12: Uh-oh, seems like our little group doesn't communicate well.

TT: Learn to time your attacks better!

Q: Or just don't use status and murderface things. Whichever works.

The Slurpuff is clearly a little miffed, and wants some quick revenge, tossing out a Flamethrower at the bird. Skarmory wants absolutely none of that, and tries to dodge, but can't as it finds itself being shoved into the attack by a Psychic force from the Aurorus. Its metal skin crisps up nicely as it finds itself quickly plummeting into the ground. But that's certainly not all the heat our metal chicken is getting. Oh no, a nearby Lampent shows up, and tosses out a Flamethrower of its own before Skarmory can recover. But Skarmory isn't sticking around for any follow up, and starts bolting for the west entrance. Sadly, there seems to be a welcoming party waiting for it. A Blissey rounds the corner into the Dome thanks to the speed of an Agility, carrying a Ralts in its pouch. The Blissey decides to make this bird a bit well done, and looses a Fire Blast at it. The attack doesn't hit full on, but it really doesn't need to at this point, and Skarmory plumments to the ground, unconscious. The Blissey and Slurpuff rejoice as energy rushes into them from the kill. The Lampent then turns to the Aurorus and looses another Flamethrower. Uh-oh.

S12: Turkey dinner, anyone?

Q: I want the dark meat!

TT: Well then... I guess let's see what's going on in a more peaceful neck of the woods.

The screen changes over the Gardevoir cameramon, who immediately proceeds to freak out and Teleport away from her current location, reappearing next to an Entei at the southern edge of the Forest. The Entei takes off into Snowman Plains, looking back and forth for any worthy challengers, before loosing a Sunny Day into the sky as it runs. Deftly, it darts between the snowmen so quickly that the camera can barely keep up, before ending its trip just south of the Dome entrance.

Q: He's making it not so cold for everyone!

TT: Or perhaps just a little warmer for all the fire he's sure to throw around later.

S12: We sure have been seeing Entei a lot lately... let's see where everyone else stands.

The screen lights up with the map, showing the events that unfolded moments ago, but as the storm dies down, dots begin to appear showing the locations of the remaining combatants.

S12: Woo! Four KOs this round! Congrats on reaching the Top 30!

Q: Looks like that Showdown is still going. Not sure why considering one of the participants got KO'd.

TT: The storm's just now ending, and that Sunny Day's gonna kick into full effect to really help with the cold in the three to five rounds before the next one. That Room should also be disappearing at the beginning of the round.

S12: We're over a third of the way there, and it looks like there are a lot of the clusters on the map which could spell disaster for those not wanting to be where they are. But we'll have to see what happens next round.

Orders will be due in by 10 PM EST on Thursday, January 28th. Please title your PMs as "Nickname - Gender Species - Round 9"

Quote:
Old 01-31-2016, 09:28 AM   #63
Sneaze
#SWAG

Round 9

S12: We're over a third of the way done so after that short delay let's get right to it.

The monitor flickers on once more displaying the inside of the Dome. Our cameramon seems perfectly content in sticking around here and it soon becomes abundantly clear as to why. The Slurpuff waddles over to the Aurorus, giving it a hefty Drain Punch to think on, restoring some of its own health in the process, but it's apparent that Aurorus is more worried about someone else, rushing for the Lampent and giving it a quick Dark Pulse. The Lampent isn't going down without a fight, though, and fires back a Heat Wave, catching the Slurpuff, Aurorus, Blissey, Ralts, and Metang in the blast. Meanwhile, the rest of the crew closes in towards the Slurpuff, Metang being the first to strike with a Meteor Mash as the Aurorus begins arcing around the tired out Lampent. It looks like the Blissey isn't really actually interested in the Slurpuff, just heading that general direction, as well as the Ralts in its pouch. The Toxicroak does manage to get off a Gunk Shot on the Fairy, though. Aurorus then puts Lampent down with another quick Dark Pulse, earning itself a small bit of energy back.

TT: Another one bites the dust!

S12: At this rate we'll be at the halfway marker in no time.

Q: Shhhhh! They're still fighting!

The fight's not particularly long lasted, as a Swalot comes down and tosses a Sludge Bomb at the Slurpuff, the resulting explosions do a bit of area damage to the nearby Aurorus, and Slurpuff starts full-on booking it. Terror fills the Fairy's eyes as another Swalot crosses the path before it... only to just continue walking on by. Odd. But it doesn't make it too much farther, the burns from having sat in the flaming tree catching up to it and slowing it enough for Metang to come in with a clean Meteor Mash to the back and finish it off, earning itself a small bit of energy of its own. A Zoroark then rounds the corner of the south entrance, looking for prey before noticing the Lampent it came to fight is already out cold.

TT: That was... not as exciting as I hped it would be.

S12: Eh, not every fight can be amazing. Sometimes people just get Joshed.

Q: And onto our other camera!

The screen shifts back to the Gardevoir cam, and the cameramon immediately Teleports away once more, revealing the Porygon we saw before still being chased by the gigantic Teddiursa. It flees with a burst of Agility, making some distance, only to run straight into a gigantic forest fire. The smoke and flames hinder its vision a fair bit, as well as leave it with some nice burns, but luckily for it seem to be doing the same for the Teddiursa, who possibly even gets it worse due to being right near the treetops. Soon enough the Porygon is able to break distance with another burst of Agility and exits the Forest, heading for the northern entrance to the Dome. The Teddiursa exits shortly thereafter, but doesn't seem to be taking the same route at all.

TT: Okay, who set the Forest on fire?

Q: Smokey the Ursaring would be pissed right now.

S12: I'm just wondering why the Teddiursa split away from the Porygon.

Finally, the map lights up the screen, revealing the round's events.

S12: Looks like we've got one other KO we didn't see.

TT: That fire's huge! And the increased heat in the arena is only helping it spread! How long has that been going?!

Q: Looks like it's coming close to where the wild Teddiursa and Ursaring hang out. That can only spell trouble.

TT: Yep. But these are events for the future.

Orders will be due in by 10 PM EST on Monday, February 1st. Please title your PMs as "Nickname - Gender Species - Round 10"

Quote:
Old 02-05-2016, 09:39 AM   #64
Sneaze
#SWAG

Round 10

S12: Sorry for the delay folks! Read Trainer Absenses!

Our camera goes back to the Dome, where a number of Pokemon still remain. A fair few decide this isn't where they want to be, as Blissey, Ralts, Zoroark, and one of the Swalot take off north. The Swalot promptly decides to Transform into Blissey, and probably a good thing as a fight breaks out nearby. The Toxicroak immediately approaches the Aurorus, loosing a Focus Blast at the dinosaur. Aurorus attempts to use Metang as cover, but the robot doesn't seem to be in on the plan, and isn't willing to take the hit, letting it fly past. Unfortunately for Aurorus, it decides to put up a defense, only to realize it doesn't have the energy to do so! The blast strikes the dino clean and it is piiiiiiiiiiiiissed. The Metang fires off a wave of Psychic at the frog, and it proceeds to pop a Substitute! Unfortunately for Toxicroak, the attack is a bit widespread in nature, and strikes the real one as well, in addition to the fleeing, recently transformed Blissey!

S12: Look at all these people being good at positioning and area-of-effect attacks!

TT: There was going to be further joking and deprecation here but that's probably a poor idea.

Q: Screw that! PEOPLE SUCK AT BATTLING! I SAID IT! GET MAD!

The Aurorus picks itself up and proceeds to toss out an Earth Power through the ground, which erupts under the Toxicroak for more nasty damage. And it looks like that Blissey is none too pleased with having been attacked, turning around and loosing a Water Gun at the Metang before continuing to flee. Toxicroak decides it's time for this fight to end, and looses one more Focus Blast past Metang and into the Aurorus. The Ice type crumples to the ground, unable to continue fighting, and the Toxicroak jumps for joy as energy rushes back to it... before it suffers the same fate as Metang puts it down with another dose of Psychic. Ouch. Energy rushes to the Metang who looks around as all his friends are leaving him. A loud creaking echoes throughout the Dome.

S12: I'm surprised this group is still together, what with all this backstabbing.

TT: It's very likely to bite them later, but who knows?

Q: Let's go back to our other camera for now!

Back with our Gardevoir, it seems she's content to continue following the Porygon, who proceeds to burst into the Dome with yet more Agility. He doesn't quite seem to reach the point he's aiming for, but we do manage to catch some rather interesting footage on camera. The wall of the Dome blows clean out as the giant Teddiursa bursts in, carrying a Rampardos and smashing the dino into the snow. The Rampardos retaliates, charging at the bear with a Headbutt before debris from the expanding hole begins to fall atop the two. The bear collapses, shrinking back to its original size as the Rampardos climbs free of the wreckage, having claimed the Changing Machopsticks the bear was carrying. Creaking sounds out from the expanding crack as it rips through the existing damage of the Dome.

TT: Well that can't be good at all.

S12: Who knows, maybe it'll hold?

Q: OR MAYBE WE'LL BE REINACTING EVERYONE'S FAVORITE DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS QUOTE?

Once more the screens clear and display the map to show the events of the round.

S12: Looks like a grand total of three KOs this round. We'll be hitting end game soon.

TT: And that fire's starting to spread, too. Not to mention the hole in the Dome.

Q: Looks like that Showdown was ended pre-emptively. Possibly because the 'mon holding the Wu was taken down?

TT: It looks like wind is starting to roll in already. We'll have another snowstorm come the end of next round.

S12: On top of that, we're bleeding combatants, so the arena will be shrinking soon. Every five rounds we're going to knock off the outer most rows and columns, which means if you're in Columns A or J, or Rows 1 or 10 at the end of round 15, you'll be out of bounds!

TT: But that's some ways off for now.

Orders will be due in by 10 PM EST on Saturday, February 6th. Please title your PMs as "Nickname - Gender Species - Round 11"

Quote:
Old 02-18-2016, 04:34 AM   #65
Sneaze
#SWAG

Round 11

S12: zzzzz... zzzzzzZZ! Huh!? I'm awake! Well then let's get this show on the road!

Our camera Alakazam once again appears on screen, and decides to leave his location in the Dome for now, Teleporting to find himself near an Entei just outside. The Entei immediately begins booking it north, laughing in its own weird canine laugh as it passes the forest fire burning to its east. It books it into the Forest before turning on the heat, alighting its body with a mighty Sacred Fire as it continues to run. It doesn't take long before it catches something in the corner of its eye, rerouting itself towards whatever attracted its attention. Following, we find it has spotted a couple Pokemon simply standing around confused. Eyeing down the Volbeat and Pachirisu, it quickly picks a target and rams its flaming form into the bug with extreme prejudice. It knocks the Volbeat out of its confused state, but aside from being rather terrified of the Entei, it has no idea what to do!

S12: Uh-oh! Somebody didn't give their Pokemon any orders!

TT: And it looks like they're about to pay for it... in blood.

Q: Go blood!

The Entei inhales sharply before blasting out a huge column of lava and intense fire into the air. The Eruption falls down around the Volbeat and Pachirisu, as well as splashing over the trees and foliage, setting more of the Forest ablaze. An additional squeal of pain reveals that there was also a Joltik nearby, having been confused itself, and all three take tons of damage from the intense attack. Pachirisu and Joltik look at eachother and decide they just outright don't want to be here, but just as they're about to take off the ground beneathe them shakes violently, halting their escape for now. The entire arena quakes for a moment before settling, leaving everyone wondering what just happened.

S12: Well, I think we got our answer as to whether the Dome would hold.

Q: But how much of it went down? It was a pretty big structure...

TT: Maybe our other camera caught it on film?

The screen changes, showing our Gardevoir camera, and once more our cameramon decides to take to a different locale, Teleporting to find herself inside the Forest with a Mega Mawile. She waves at the smaller Fairy, but Mawile seems too busy to really be bothered, running westwards a ways as if something might be pursuing. Breaking from the Forest it crosses the field of wild Stantler before coming to a quick stop just outside the Rink. The ice is clearly not in the state it had been as seen at the beginning of the Grand Melee, barely frozen over in most spots as giant crags run along the flows, likely having just managed to freeze itself during the events of the previous storm. The same massive shaking as before rocks the arena, ripping the ice apart once more as it thrashes and crashes into bits in a violent maelstrom that can only make any combatant glad they weren't on it, before the camera turns towards the Dome. The structure is hard to see in the rather close range camera, but it's evident that it's going down fast, crumbling away starting from the side where the Rampardos was thrown through the wall the previous round. Soon enough the breaking reaches the center of the Dome and the entire structure gives way, collapsing down to the earth below.

S12: ...can we just have ONE part of this arena you lot aren't going to completely destroy? Is that too much to ask?

Q: Yes! Yes it is!

TT: Speaking of, let's go to the map to see how bad the damage is.

The screen flickers to the map, revealing the devestation wrought this round...

S12: Survey says... BAD! Holy cow the entire center area is rubble! Well, that should make for some interesting final rounds when we get to that point.

Q: I hope the poor Delibird inside made it out alright...

TT: Either way, everyone's in for some more bad times now that one of the main hiding places is destroyed and the other is catching fire, considering there's a storm starting just now.

S12: Well, we'll just have to see how everyone handles it next round.

Orders will be due in by 10 PM EST on Friday, February 19th, Please title your PMs as "Nickname - Gender Species - Round 12"

Quote:
Old 03-30-2016, 01:21 PM   #66
Miror
Marsh Badge

This is closed due to inactivity among other things, nobody gets anything besides satisfaction, sadness, or whatever emotion you may feel about your particular performance.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Statistics and Battle Archive