UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 10-17-2015, 03:24 PM   #26
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Round 7: Normal v Normal

Ironthunder brings back his bait and switch pokemon, Jacob the Bunnelby to take down Kush's Dunsparce. On paper it seems kind of even but we will see how it goes. Right out of his pokeball Jacob jumps forward and bites down on Madame Cholet with his fangs, or at least his incisors. Super. Cholet squeals in pain and begins thrashing to throw the rabbit off and after a bit she manages it but not without taking a bit of damage. She is angry at the bit and it burns inside her she releases that hot pent up anger in a toasty flamethrower, smacking the Bunnelby right in the face and leaving a fairly nasty burn. As she fires it off she begins retreating up into the trees with her tiny little wings. The grounded normal type looks up, looking to smack it with a Secret power but because the LOs took away the much more useful beam version he cant do much. He winces slightly as the burn and the poison take their toll.

Madame Cholet took a hit but is pretty much ok. She is nearing her first third on energy though. Would like more of a break than flying away but can pull of at least another 2 mover. Jacob is a looking pretty beat up, just above the halfway mark. He's plenty good on energy, he pretty much just used the energy he recovered and is ready for two movers. He is still poisoned and burned though.

Kush go order.

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 03:32 PM   #27
Mercutio
Banned

Hex, Yawn.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 04:12 PM   #28
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Do I still have my three left? Can't remember/tell if I used it or no. I remember ordering it, but I don't think it got past the second move...
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 06:08 PM   #29
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

You do indeed. Fire blast never happened so you are good.

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Old 10-24-2015, 02:09 AM   #30
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Dig to evade the Yawn, then Smack Down to bring him back to your level. Then, Brick Break.

Three confirmed.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 10-24-2015, 02:05 PM   #31
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Round 8: Not out yet

Jacob's orders don't say anything about anything until he sees a yawn so Madame Cholet starts us off by by letting off some creepy purple energy that hovers over the rabbit. He looks up to see what it is and is shocked by a Hexing eye that shoots waves of ghost energy, feeding off his burn and poison. However he quickly shakes himself off, almost surprised he didnt take more damage but even boosted by Jacob's status a ghost move is still a ghost move. Madame Cholet seems to be tired of this and lets off a yawn. The pink bubbles created drift towards the wabbit but the distance that Cholet herself put between them gives Jacob enough time to dig underground and evade the the attack. The dunsparce scans the ground to try and get a glimpse of where the bunnelby will appear but Jacob pops up and hits her with a smack down before she can react bringing her crashing into the ground and within range of Jacob's brick break which smacks her square in the back. IT isnt out of this just yet. *poison**burn*

Jacob has only taken a bit this round but Madame Cholet has almost been brought down to Jacob's level both literally and in terms of health and energy but still has a slight health lead due to statuses. Cholet is just above half health and Jacob is just below. Both mons are starting into their second third on energy. Cholet has the ghost energy for another hex, while Jacob has rock energy for another smack down, but only enough fighting for a rock smash. Both mon would appreciate a break but Cholet is the one that really needs it more though both could go for two, though i wouldnt advise it for Cholet.

IT you are up.

Last edited by biggggg5; 10-24-2015 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Forgot statuses
Old 10-24-2015, 02:46 PM   #32
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

while it's here in melee range, Secret Power. Follow with another Secret Power, but if it starts flying out of range replace that with a Round.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 10-24-2015, 04:06 PM   #33
Mercutio
Banned

Oh hey I forgot that we made Normal a type worth being lumbered with.

Also given that I used a one mover last round and he used a three this round, I assume you mean that he is the one that needs a break really. And if this were a more important match one might question your decision to let "WTID then use two moves" work perfectly. Things to think on in future.

Knock them away with Hidden Power as you head back up in to the trees. Thunder Wave.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:28 PM   #34
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Round 9:Crouching Bunny, Hidden Power

I agree i probably fudged up how tired everyone is in my head somewhat but if you are flying up into tree level i wouldn't give you completely energy free movement with a dunsparce. But yeah she should be relatively more rested. Though I do agree i probably should not have let the last move go through and will remember that for the future.

Since Madame Cholet didn't just pull off a three mover last round, she starts off by calling on the Power Hiddenwithin her. The guy from Fortree city says its fighting type so Jacob might be in trouble. The attack manifests in orbs around her and fly smack into Jacob, not bowling him back but shoving him back about a foot or so, though it did hurt an awful lot. While this is happening she attempts to retreat back into the air but her wings don't seem to want to work properly, it seems the effects of smack down still grip her, giving Jacob enough time to glow pink and smack her upside the head with a Secret Power. Though it leaves without statusing it still smarted a bit. Jacob looks to a repeat performance since his opponent is still well within range but Cholet has other plans. She lets out tendrils of electric energy in a Thunderous Wave that quickly envelop her opponent and lock up his muscles preventing him from moving. He doesnt seem to be able to break out and is left fairly paralyzed. He groans from the poison and burn once more as the round ends.

Jacob is sitting just above critical in terms of health, but got a bit of a break from not moving but adds paralysis to long list of statuses. His energy is still above the halfway mark though. Cholet took a hit but is in better shape than Jacob, closer to half health than anything. She used more energy though and is definitely below half. She still kinda wants a break but isn't exhausted just yet.

Kush you are up. We can try to finish this up tonight if IT has the time.

Old 11-02-2015, 04:12 PM   #35
Mercutio
Banned

Perch on a high branch as you launch Hidden Power and Round.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:21 PM   #36
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Quick Attack to bounce off that tree next to the one Dunsparce is in, and into the Dunsparce. Then, Rock Smash. If the Quick Attack fails, then just lob a Sludge Bomb its way instead of the Rock Smash and pray it fucking poisons because otherwise, you're utterly fucked.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:32 PM   #37
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Round 10: And we're done here

IT orders a great plan, truly worthy of the name "anime-style." Its a shame Jacob is too paralyzed to pull it off. Cholet retreats unnecessarily to a branch that happens to be within reach as she fires off the last of her fighting energy in one last hidden power, ending the battle with a thud as Jacob faints.

Jacob is unable to battle. Kush and Madame Cholet win.

Kush gets 2KOs and 4TP
Ironthunder gets 2TP
I get 2SP for slow ass reffings. GG everyone.

Old 11-02-2015, 04:36 PM   #38
Mercutio
Banned

Return, Madame Cholet, a good return to the fray. Take a good rest.

Solid reffings, biggs, don't sweat the small stuff. In more important matches maybe a bbit more description? Newbies like to be shown not told!

Good stuff IT, you got careless with Fennekin allowing me to Aqua Tail and then I exploited levitation and status to win with Dunsparce (which is ridiiulous good). You'll git gud in time.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL