Lilligant UPN PASBL: TalkSick vs Green, Mean, Smackdown Machine

TalkSick (c) vs. KamenAeons (a)
2v2
Slapstick
Singles
Equiall 1
Switch=KO
48 HR DQ
Lawn (Outdoor. Standard Arena for Outdoor Battles): A basic, standard terrain. Nothing special. The "Grass Field" arena from the Indigo Pokémon League in the anime is a prime example of a Lawn Arena.

A simple match between TalkSick, a newcomer to PASBL, and Kamen, our resident puke green weeb who decided to be an ass and noob snipe. GJ Kamen.

So since you're new here, here's a quick overlook on the order process and such.

-TalkSick will displays his/her squad of 6 Pokémon
-Kamen displays his/her squad of 6 Pokémon, and sends out a Pokémon
-TalkSick sends out a Pokémon and orders an attack
-Kamen orders an attack
-I ref the round, and then battle order switches
-Kamen orders an attack
-TalkSick orders an attack
-I work my ref magic
and so on.

For your reference, TalkSick, here's the Attack Descriptions for Moves in PASBL, as well as the Species Characteristics, Veekun for Pokemon's Movepools and Stats, and lastly, the PASBL Site itself.

With that out of the way, squad up, TalkSick.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:18 AM   #2
TalkSick
Thunder Badge

Thanks for taking the match Crys and KamenAeons. Gl hf.

Tsuchinoko, Level 1 Dunsparce Male

Platypus, Level 1 Lotad Male

Sun, Level 2 Solrock Genderless (Uplevel)

Bat, Level 1 Noibat Female

Bulldog, Level 1 Snubbull Male

Sludge, Level 1 Grimer Male
TalkSick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 01:59 PM   #3
TalkSick
Thunder Badge

Thanks for letting me rename my pokemon KamenAeons!

Tsuchinoko, Level 1 Dunsparce Male

Platypus, Level 1 Lotad Male

Taara, Level 2 Solrock Genderless (Uplevel)

Bat, Level 1 Noibat Female

Bulldog, Level 1 Snubbull Male

TalkSick Sludge, Level 1 Grimer Male
Old 09-04-2015, 01:07 AM   #4
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Apologies for being late in squadding. Also, Crys, rude. TalkSick put up Equiall, I am a nice person. Also only now did I notice TalkSick sounds toxic.

Mikazuki: Male Pawniard [Level 1]
Pawniard(Steel): Pawniard's bodies have multiple sharp steel blades on them, which it can use for attack or defense. Pokémon directly attacking Pawniard risk lacerations and 25% recoil damage.
Bio: "I'm burning up. It seems the time has come for me to take this seriously."
Type Change: Crescent Moon Awakened (Steel)
Mikazuki is now considered purely Steel type, with all weaknesses and resistances associated with it. His Dark energy has been reduced to familiarity, all damage-dealing Dark moves costing additional light typeless energy extra to perform. Moves that make use of his blades have an additional 10% chance to leave a raw wound at the point of impact on the target, reducing their physical defense by 10%.
Hidden Power: Water

Kuroha: Male Ekans [Level 1]
(Notes: Black where usually purple, red eyes as Ekans, yellow eyes as Arbok, red belly markings are white as Arbok)
Ekans (Poison): Ekans can move very quietly. They may shake their rattles as an attack, intimidating targets that might be reasonably scared by a Pokémon twice their size. They can see in the dark and are good swimmers that can hold their breath longer than most Pokémon.
Bio: "すばらしい!すばらファッキンしぃぃぃぃぃ!!!ぎゃはははははは!"
Special Training: Clearing Eyes
Kuroha has learnt Hypnosis, with the type energy to use it twice.
Hidden Power: Ice

Higure: Genderless Lunatone [Level 1]
Lunatone (Rock/Psychic): Lunatone levitate by default and are considered to be inorganic. They are familiar with the Ice type. They fight more enthusiastically at night and can see in the dark. They also radiate a constant faint glow that is likened to moonlight. Pokémon in close proximity to them can use moves which require moonlight, regardless of location, as can Lunatone themselves. Using a move, they can cause their eyes to glow with an eerie red light which will intimidate most Pokémon.
Bio: "THREE MORE DAYS"
Signature Move: Silent Selene (Fairy)
Quickly releasing moderate Fairy energy from its eyes, Higure taps into the minds of any opponent who is facing it, startling them with a terrifying image of the future and marking them. Over the course of two rounds, Higure will passively use good Fairy energy to activate the marks left on the target (light Fairy energy extra per move, capping at good energy, amounting to a total usage of heavy Fairy energy), causing giant spouts of Fairy energy to erupt from beneath them. Silent Selene deals heavy Fairy damage, reaching fairly high into the air. In the presence of moonlight not originating from Higure, Silent Selene deals major Fairy damage instead. Higure has the Fairy energy to use this twice.
Hidden Power: Fighting

Okashi: Female Ivysaur [Level 2 Uplevel]
Ivysaur (Grass/Poison): Ivysaur are less agile than their previous form but are faster. They have two vines hidden beneath their bulb that they can extend to use to manipulate objects and Pokémon and attack. As starter Pokémon, their Grass-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/4 health.
Bio: "Something odd? Nah, that's silly! ^^"
Signature Move: Festival Fever (Fire/Ice)
Okashi expels a thick cloud of seeds from her flower or mouth to cover her opponent's whole body. While seeds expelled from her flower cover a much larger area, they are easier to dispel compared to a more forceful expulsion from the mouth. Okashi can expel two types of seeds, based on her orders:
Summer - The seeds appear to be firecrackers that explode in a large display of fireworks on contact with the opponent, dealing good Fire damage and leaving moderate burns where the fireworks hit the opponent.
Winter - The seeds appear to be snowballs that explode in a burst of white light on contact with the opponent, causing moderate frost-based burns where they hit the opponent and dealing good Ice damage.
Both variants cost considerable energy, composed of light Grass and good Fire or Ice, depending on the type used. Okashi has the offtype energy to use both variants of Festival Fever thrice.

Hidden Power: Fire

Akashi: Female Audino [Level 1]
Audino (Normal): Audino have sensitive hearing, at the expense of being more vulnerable to sound-based status techniques like Supersonic. They are skilled healers and their healing moves are slightly more effective than normal. They are also skilled at hiding and will be able to conceal themselves more easily than normal. In its Mega Forme, Audino becomes a graceful Fairy, becoming Normal/Fairy type. Its healing moves use 25% less energy. Its presence in the arena is calming, lessening the effectiveness of rage-based moves. It can also use its stethescope-like feeler to put a foe to sleep quickly, using a move; due to its calming aura, this sleep is faster than normal and can be used even on normally irritable or restless foes.
Bio: "Leave the emergency maintenance at the base to me!"
Signature Move: Maintenance Crane (NORMAL)
Using heavy Normal energy, Akashi creates a metallic crane around her arm, whipping the hook tethered to the crane towards her target. Once her target is hooked, the energy used in creating the crane leeches into the target, dealing a moderate amount of Normal damage while draining a good amount of energy back to Akashi. The damage is not affected by weakness or resistance, and hence deals moderate neutral damage to Rock and Steel type Pokemon as well. They can then be flung towards or away from Akashi depending on orders.
Ordered as Maintenance Crane [Type], the type energy drained will be of the type in brackets. This type must be a type that has been used at least once during the last three rounds. Energy drained in this way will be added to Akashi's offtype energy pools but not her overall energy pool, meaning that Akashi will not be refreshed as if she used something like Giga Drain (which I am very aware she doesn't not learn). Maintenance Crane is not capable of increasing Akashi's offtype beyond its usual limitations, but will allow Akashi to use a move if she has sufficient type energy for it.
E.g. If Akashi has used Flamethrower at some point prior to using Maintenance Crane on a Pokemon who has used a Fire type attack recently, Akashi may be able to use Fire Blast upon successfully using Maintenance Crane [Fire].
Akashi can only use Maintenance Crane twice per match.

Hidden Power: Ground
Attached Token: Audinite

Buffaloman: Male Bouffalant [Level 1]
Bouffalant (Normal): Bouffalant's afro is soft and fabulous, acting as a buffer against attacks and recoil damage. Their whole head is actually quite heavy due to the large mass of hair and horns, giving it a 1.1x boost to attacks involving headbutting.
[COLOR="Silver"]Bio: "我は悪魔超人ナンバー1!一千万パワーのバッファローマンだ!"
Signature Move: Hurricane Mixer (Flying)
Stamping the ground, Buffaloman charges straight for his opponent with his afro and horns coated in a white cap of significant Flying energy with winds streaming from all sides, trailing behind him. The energy cap on his head as well as the wind protects him from recoil in a similar way to Skull Bash. On impact, the opponent will be sent spinning into the air, taking considerable Flying damage and landing more often than not headfirst into the ground, dealing some extra damage, down to referee's discretion. This has a 30% chance of confusing the opponent due to the disorientating high speed spin that they are sent into, and Buffaloman has the Flying energy to use this twice.
Hidden Power: Fire

==========

That all said and done...

Akashi, I shall have you be the first to teach.

Spoiler: show

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.
3DS FC: 1607 2923 7949

The Kamen Fleet (TL5 / A- Grade Referee) | Cameron Kalmia: Viridian's Maskmaker
Hizumi Yukikaze: Emerald Breeze~ | Tokikou Nobuyuki: Time Mage
Ludger Bullenaar: Bastion of Raji City | Helena Levinton: Violet Stitching
Shizuya Kasen: SHSL Armourer

Waifu Squadron and Explorers | Cavern of Chaotic Creativity

Paradise lies beyond the horizon, challenge it because it is unreachable.
Speak of the absolute territory, and grasp it with your hands.

SAAVE ME

FLOOF AND MOFUMOFU JUSTICE! *WHACK*

"Quit poking my face! >_<"
"Ahahaha, you'll never get rid of this! *hiss*"

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

"That was a terrible idea. But holy carp, this tastes pretty nice."

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Love burns brightly for one and all.

Please don't diss idols or fluffy things in my presence.
KamenAeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 04:43 AM   #5
TalkSick
Thunder Badge

TalkSick Sludge, I choose you!

Start with a acid spray to her face then blast her with a sludge bomb.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:00 AM   #6
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Hmm. Reflect, then Hidden Power Ground.

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 09-04-2015, 10:22 AM   #7
Crys
Woah Bro

Lilligant

>Nice Person
>Brought Afro Bull and a Mega to his first match
Uh huh sure.
-----------------------------

Standing stout over the vibrant green lawn, resident admiral Ramen Llama Kamen looks towards the approaching challenger, a newcomer by the hilarious moniker of TalkSick. Sounds exactly like toxic, but let's hope he's anything but. Gazing at the greenhorn with relative curiosity, and perhaps a hunger that only hands could satisfy, Kamen draws forth his first selection, an Audino by the name of Akashi. Saving their referee some work, the admiral kindly filled out the relevant information for it beforehand, so instead of focusing on that, the viewpoint changes to TalkSick, anticipation arising as to what he'll combat this threat with. After some thoughts, he selects a ball, and leasing it forth a Grimer appears, the sludge singeing the grass below and around it. These monstrosities, born of a toxic slime, are immune to poisons and chemicals, in fact being healed by them. Due to their physical nature, they're very flexible, and take physical blows especially well at the expense of a slight weakness to electricity.

Gathering up the toxic waste that makes it up, the Grimer pulses and converges, before spraying forth a toxic stream of, as the anti-smoking campaigns like to say, "over three thousand chemicals coming right at you", towards Akashi. Looking with disgust, Akashi quickly formulates a plan, creating a light construct to reflect the spray, keeping it from harm. Smiling as the spray bursts up against the wall, protecting her from harm's way, this smile quickly turns to concern as the attack seemed to do much more to the shield than she anticipated, the acidity of the attack eating through the reflective screen, compromising the entire structure, big holes melted through the shield. It looks less of a wall now and more of a big, glossy thing of swiss cheese.

Distraught over his attack being a failure, the Grimer having composed a symphony of chemicals for Akashi's face, he begins to gather for another attack, slightly familiar in nature, before he is suddenly slammed with a gathering of orbs. These orbs would be of to no consequence usually, but these particularly brown ones affected him greatly, making his entire sludgy being jiggle with pain. In retort, he sends forth his own volley of orbs, these ones being rather explosive and solid in nature. Some slam against the construct, causing it to shatter, while the rest go through to their destined target, delivering a taste of poison to the Audino. Shuddering, she feels a sickening sensation, almost akin to that of when you got the gas in your stomache and it refuses to come out. Real nasty thing, that.

The two have used similar amounts of energy, being relatively close on that, but Akashi leads in the health department. She has a enough Psychic to pull off another Reflect if she so feels, and is essentially shot on Ground Energy. She also suffers from regular poisoning. Grimer is alright on Energy, and both are peppy, with it still being anyone's match at this point.

Kamen to order.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:45 AM   #8
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Well it's not like I'm actually using Akashi's Mega Forme. I mean. Fairy. Poison. Erm. Yeah. Also Afro Bull is just cool. It's not like I can just trample his team. His team is actually surprisingly large. Depending on TalkSick's choices, Buffaloman might not even see this match.

(Also, he's lucky he doesn't have to face a Gyarados or a Drapion like I did when I was starting out. ==; )

Maintenance Crane [Ground]! Drain that Ground energy! Follow up with a Thunderbolt!

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 09-04-2015, 11:52 AM   #9
TalkSick
Thunder Badge

Screech her out of the maintenance crane, take the thunderbolt, and then her with a point blank dynamic punch to the face.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:45 PM   #10
Crys
Woah Bro

Lilligant

Whipping her arm around, Akashi begins to pull some magical girl bullcrap, intent on draining back lost Ground Energy when she's finished with the technique. Noticing this strange technique, the Grimer decides to take the safe route in not dealing with any crazy signature crap at all, and letting out a loud screech, knocks Akashi out of focus from her technique. His body jiggling from the vibrations, the Grimer smirks, having successfully foiled the enemy's shipgirl tactics. Akashi gives back a look of distaste, her having invested her time and energy into that technique.

Intent on making the Grimer pay for its insult to her pride, the Audino begins to emit electricity, the bolts flowing erratically around her, before she concentrates it into a linear attack, leashing forth a beam of pure electricity, the attack heading dead on for the Grimer. To her surprise, instead of at least making an attempt to avoid it, the Grimer takes it straight on, managing a laugh through the cringe as the electricity rips through his molecules. Moving in on himself, the Grimer begins to gather its sludge, before launching forward, moving at surprising speeds for a big lump of sewage, quickly closing the gap between the two. Creating from its sludge pool an arm and fist, TalkSick Sludge coats the fist in an energy the color of dried blood, before slugging Akashi in the face, sending the Audino flying a few feet back. Slowly picking herself up, Akashi dazily gets back on her feet, her vision blurred and head in pain. She can barely make out the image of her opponent, and the barren, toxic trail left behind by it.

The two are somewhat close on health, both nearing the second third. Grimer can fuel another Dynamic Punch, while Akashi could possibly pull a weakned Thunderbolt, the Normal Energy nerf hitting her hard. She still suffers from poisoning, and now confusion of a physical nature. Both can manage a two, with Akashi slightly fresher than Grimer due to the interruption.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:10 PM   #11
TalkSick
Thunder Badge

Smog + Infestation.
Show her hell. If she tries to use a non attacking move like heal bell or sub , make taunt a priority, replacing either of these moves.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:27 PM   #12
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Safeguard away the Infestation, hoping to clear the Smog at the same time. Return the favour by giving him what little Psychic you have left.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Last edited by KamenAeons; 09-05-2015 at 07:56 PM.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:30 PM   #13
Crys
Woah Bro

That would be a three, Kamen. Confirm the three, or if you'd like, reorder.
Old 09-05-2015, 07:10 PM   #14
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

No, I'm fairly sure I'm having Akashi wait for the Infestation to come as well so that she Safeguards away both the Smog and the Infestation at the same time.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 09-06-2015, 01:58 PM   #15
Crys
Woah Bro

Lilligant

K so with the ordering confusion cleared up via Skype, here's today's round.
--------------

Her vision dazed and blurry, Akashi struggles to focus on the big purple mass of streaks and circles, the many shapes making up her foe. From her trainer she hears words, but is unable to make much out of Kamen's orders. Piecing together the strings of letters, she slowly gathers together the word "Safe". Wondering what the hell "safe" has to do with anything, she notices the circles and streaks of her surroundings becoming much more purple than she remembered. The entire area, in fact. Coughing, she begins to shake herself off, finally managing to piece together the last word, "Guard", she puts one and two together to formulate "Safeguard", and with a push of energy, sends forth a circular shield from her body, the energy dome pushing away the smog, and to her surprise, what appeared to be an attack of a yellowish green energy. Feeling a bit better, she hears a second order, and with some effort, looks towards the mass of purple, summons her remaining Psychic energy, sending a wave towards the Grimer, the wave managing to hit the majority of the sludge monster, an audible groan from her foe. Wincing as the poison takes its toll on her body, she looks up again at the Grimer, her vision slightly clearer.

Tl;dr Audino got lucky with confusion.

Audino faired better this round, taking no damage outside of the poisoning. She's good for two, but might appreciate a break sometime soon. Grimer toke a big hit, dropping into his second third. Can manage a two, would appreciate a break though. Audino is out of Psychic Energy, while Grimer has plenty of Bug remaining. She still suffers from confusion, but the effects of it on her are considerably lessened than going into this round.
Old 09-06-2015, 02:02 PM   #16
TalkSick
Thunder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkSick View Post
If she tries to use a non attacking move like heal bell or sub , make taunt a priority, replacing either of these moves.
Dude. The taunt.
Old 09-06-2015, 02:08 PM   #17
Crys
Woah Bro

Grimer had no indication she was going to use a support move, the Audino having been ordered to wait, and even if so, Safeguard blocks Taunt. It's not particularly easy for a Pokemon to cancel mid-technique and start an entirely new attack, either.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:25 AM   #18
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Holy shit, that was way too lucky.

Charge Beam, chaining into a Shadow Ball!

Behold me violating my TA.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 09-07-2015, 01:07 AM   #19
TalkSick
Thunder Badge

Bide.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:23 PM   #20
Crys
Woah Bro

Back From Being Sick

Perking her ears, Akashi picks up her trainer's orders, beginning to channel her reserves of energy. After a few seconds, she begins to crackle with electricity, the air around her sizling, before gathering a low mass of the energy, forming it into an orb between her hands. Raising it high, she shouts a low cry, the orb sending forth a beam of electric energy towards the Grimer. Standing strong, the sludge monster readies itself, emitting a low glow of red energy. Unfortunately for Akashi, her aim is slightly off due to her slighty blurred vision, although the beam still manages to hit the majority of TalkSick Sludge. Feeling herself, Akashi becomes saddened, the residual electric energy failing to ignite a boost in her capabilities. It certainly gave her a tiny shock, though.

Her full vision coming back to her, Akashi decides that perhaps electricity is not the best route to take with this match, and instead that ghostly energies may be infact the best option. A dark purple wind surrounding her, Akashi molds her energy into a form of her liking, and adopting a stance alike that to a basketball player, throws the ball right at the Grimer. Taking the impact, Grimer feels some pain, but not too much. Smiling, the hit having been just enough to trigger the aura, Grimer's bide breaks, and body beams an almost megaman blast of yellow and purple energy into Akashi. The attack hurts her a tiny bit, though much less than she expected, having resisted a portion of the energy. Breathing heavily, she looks towards TalkSick Sludge with some satisfaction, the Grimer panting quite heavily. It would have the last laugh, though, as the poison takes its toll on Akashi.

Grimer blew a lot of energy, has dropped a bit further into the second third, and is heavily exhausted. Akashi is only slightly better off, entering the second third, and is likewise exhausted. Electricity can fuel another couple Charge Beams or so, and Ghost could possibly fuel something weak.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:51 PM   #21
TalkSick
Thunder Badge

Welcome back Crys!

Mini Me, Venoshock her, then take a breather.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:26 PM   #22
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Refresh away the poison while he's exhausted, then Wish.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 09-26-2015, 11:03 PM   #23
Crys
Woah Bro

Lazy Reffings for a Lazy Ref

Gathering together an excess of energy, Akashi begins to glow a sickeningly green color, and with a slight effort, expunges all impurities from her body, herself feeling entirely cleanlier. Soon after this however, a volley of sludge crashes down upon her, the attack having been aimed to target her former weakness. With a sigh, the Grimer inner monologues about how much of an injustice that failed technique was, having not the energy to state it aloud. To round things off, the Audino sends a wish to the stars, feeling refreshed and perky.

Audino cleared itself of its status, and is peppy. Toke a hit in the Venoshock. Grimer is likewise refreshed, but sustained no damage.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:07 AM   #24
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Ground crane is out so deploy freeze rays! Magic!Surf chaining into Ice Beam!

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 09-27-2015, 05:55 AM   #25
TalkSick
Thunder Badge

Protect against the ice beam and then hit her with another dynamic punch to the face.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL