3v3
Singles
Equiall 2
Slapstick
Switch=KO
48 HR DQ
6/9
Arena: Forest

OK, you guys aren't that new iirc, so I'll just throw up the arena SC like so...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena
Forest: The trees of the Forest arena are fairly densely packed, but this will only restrict the movements of larger Pokemon. The trees will obviously offer some sort of cover for battling Pokemon, and are easily climbable. Flying Pokemon may find navigating the higher reaches of the Forest hard due to the density of the branches. Rocks are easily summonable from the arena, and attacks such as Earthquake and Bulldoze will transmit readily. Setting fire to the surroundings is dissuaded and difficult due to the danger it presents, but entirely possible. This arena is outdoors only.
Rainforest: All stipulations of the Forest arena, only the humidity of the air and general moisture held within the arena makes Fire types fairly uncomfortable in this arena, and setting fire to the trees will be near enough impossible.
And it's Pepto to squad!
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.

Last edited by Ironthunder; 08-14-2015 at 04:06 PM.
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 12:41 AM   #2
peptodismal
Pokemon Trainer

Awrite here's my squad!

Firefly - Larvesta Level 2 (F)
Bio: Firefly comes from a pretty old clan of its type, of Larvestas and Volcaronas which lived near Mt. Chimney. Several of the bugs were caught by the people of Lavaridge due to the sheer bright light and heat that the bugs could emit. Their light was so great that the gardens and the food supply never went down due to the bugs' helping crops to grow. Firefly came to me through a Lavaridge/Mt. Chimney visit where several of the bugs were captured and sold.
Hidden Power: Water
Signature Move:
Special Technique: "Praise the sun!" (Fire)
Once per battle, using Considerable Energy, Firefly can increase the heat of her body and glow brightly, imitating the effects of a Sunny Day for 2-4 rounds. During this time, if it is Hailing or Raining, the area around Larvesta will be clear, as the heat from her is evaporating the effects into steam. Firefly's body has a 10% chance to burn the opponent on contact due to the amount of heat she is putting off. This move can be used at nighttime with the same effects.

Starscream: Anorith level 2 (M)
"Time makes all things possible. I can wait."
Bio: This little Anorith was a runt in its family, his parents being harsh on their young to help them grow. While all of Starscream’s brothers and sisters were strong, and defensive, Starscream was not. He was small and vulnerable, which made his parents angry and ashamed of him, and so he was left, abandoned by his family in the ocean. Another troupe of Armaldos found Starscream there, and took in the small thing and nursed it to good health, fed it, and being as they didn’t have any younglings, spend as much time as they could taking care of the Anorith, which grew every day to be big and strong, like his brothers and sisters were. These Armaldo trained the Anorith to be like them—fast and deadly. Exerting air or water through the holes in their shells, they could shoot forward at an alarmingly fast rate, using it to travel, or to surprise enemy pokemon. This became the trait that earned him his name “Starscream”.
Hidden Power: Grass
Signature Move:
Special Training: “Fire up the jets!”
Anorith gets a small speed boost due to the training its received with the Armaldo. And as a result, attacks that are quick (Aqua Jet and Aerial Ace) hit harder and do additional damage up to Solid, while consuming solid energy.

Paccia - Vivillon Level 2 (F)
Bio: Paccia was a cute little butterfly I found in the region of Kalos during one of my research travels. It was a lot different than the other Vivillon in the area, it played a lot with the Spritzees and the... what are those things called... the Slurpuffs! Yeah, and the Floettes, too. It was almost akin to the other fairy types, and it seemed to show through its pink wings and bubbly nature. I was so fascinated by this particular bug that I had to catch it. Sure enough, it seemed to be more fairy than a flyer, although it COULD fly, it much preferred the fairy type moves of its comrades.
Hidden Power: Psychic
Signature Move:
Special Training: Goddess Butterfly(Bug/Fairy)
Due to it's strange connection with other fairy types in the wild, this particular Vivillon has gained through some strange occurance, all of the characteristics(including resistances and weaknesses) of the Fairy type, making it's official type Bug/Fairy. She has gained the moves Fairy Wind, Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Aromatic Mist and Moonlight, but lost the ability to use Hurricane, Gust, Poison Powder, Toxic, and Roost.

Maexxna - Ariados Level 3 (F)
Bio: Maexxna isn't too special. I named her after the most feared spider I knew of, a fierceome boss in World of Warcraft's raid, Naxxramus. She's not that fierce though. She's actually quite loving and motherly, more like Charlotte from Charlotte's Web, I suppose. But I just thought Maexxna was a cool name. Cooler than Charlotte. She enjoys weaving webs for me. I guess I am the bug-pokemon expert, of course I'd keep a large spider around.
Hidden Power: Rock
Signature Move:
Special Attack: Web Wrap (Poison/Bug)
Using significant energy, Maexxna spits out a sturdy web that tightly wraps around the opponent pokemon, stunning them and dealing Light to Mild damage every few seconds capping out at significant if successfully trapping the Pokemon for the entire round. The web is a little harder to break free from than other web attacks. Only usable three times per battle.

Sir Skit - Surskit Level 2 (M)
Hidden Power: Electric

Quadravolt - Joltik Level 1 (M)
Bio: An earlier addition to my team, I actually met Quadravolt through a co-worker I was seeing on the side. In response to me giving her a pokemon as a gift, she decided to gift me with one of the cutest little pokemon I'd ever seen. Being as she knew I loved bug pokemon, she felt like the Joltik was the best addition to my squad, due to its electric typing. So then the training began! At first I felt like the training was not going as planned. Joltik did not seem to really bring much to the table... but then something crazy seemed to have revealed itself. Joltik's very small size was easily made up through its power. Even more so that he felt very at home in the rain, or by the lakes when I went fishing, or even at the beach when I had taken my vacation in Slateport. He seemed to not mind getting wet, like other bugs. He easily played with Sir Skit in the water.
Hidden Power: Rock
Signature Move:
Special Training: "Hydroelectric!"
Quadravolt is now familiar with Water type, and as a result, has learned Water Pulse, Bubblebeam and Soak, but forgot how to use Toxic, Wild Charge, Disable, and Electro Ball. Since he is now familiar with Water type, he has slightly more Water-type energy than other Pokemon.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:09 PM   #3
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)

Best of luck, Dismal! ...That's just an odd sentence, right there.

Cherie, Lv. 3 female shiny Slurpuff
HP: Ice

Powder, Lv. 2 female Butterfree
HP: Rock
Powder was a member of an isolated butterfree colony that prized itself for it's ability to add secondary elements to their wind-based attacks, using this skill to protect the weaker caterpie and metapod. The colony kicked her out when they discovered that she was the cause for the recent nightmare epidemic rather than the nearby murkrow colony, but Powder had already mastered the ancestral art.
Signature Training: Eidolon of Wind
Spoiler: show
Due to the special training she received, Powder can use Icy Wind, Fairy Wind, Leaf Tornado, and Heat Wave, with enough type energy to use the first two twice (she can only use Heat Wave once per battle). This comes with a decrease to accuracy and a 10% power drop to attacks that involve full-body charges (Tackle, Double-Edge, Aerial-Ace, etc.). Powder can no longer use Teleport, Giga Impact, Protect, or Double Team.

Blaze, Lv. 2 female shiny Houndour
HP: Psychic
Blaze was found in the middle of a wasteland with no memory of her past a trio of strange, phi-shaped wounds on her face. Though the wounds refused to heal, Blaze found that there was a little excess energy in them. She can now harness that power and use it at will, she knows better than to do so excessively due to the pain that always follows it's use.
Signature Trait: Boons of Darkness
Spoiler: show
Blaze may draw forth the excess energy within her scars to boost her attacks, cutting the energy cost of an attack by 25%. This causes a black gunk to ooze out of the scar, however, clogging the wound and dealing slight recoil damage, about 75% of the amount of energy saved. Because of this, each of the three boons can only be used once, with the trainer specifying which boon is being used (ex.: Flamethrower, First Boon or Dark Pulse, Third and Final Boon). Blaze cannot use two boons in the same round, or when under a Taunt or Swagger. Due to the hideous appearance Blaze has, she can no longer use Charm, Attract, or Captivate.

Flux, Lv. 2 female Nosepass

Program: Insufficient Number Generator (PING), Lv. 2 genderless Porygon

Clyde, Lv. 2 male Gligar
HP: Fairy

Flux, it's time to rock out!
Median Dia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 04:07 PM   #4
peptodismal
Pokemon Trainer

Alright, I'll choose Sir Skit as my pokemon!

Fire off a Water Pulse, followed by a Bubblebeam!
Old 08-14-2015, 04:54 PM   #5
Median Dia

Try skittering around this one!

trap'em in a Tomb of Rock! If their bubblebeam successfully bursts through, fire a Thundering Bolt right back! Otherwise, quickly set up a group of Stealthy Rocks.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:27 PM   #6
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Round 1: Ohey, this isn't completely one-sided!

Two trainers stand in a rainforest, both of them sweating like a fat pig in a heatwave wearing full eskimo getup. On one side, we have the mage guy MedMana! And facing him, our resident Bug Maniac: Pepto! And sat in a tree nearby, watching and reffing from a safe distance, the current resident referee and Zubat fan: Iron! On a cue from the ref, both battlers launch a PokeBall each into the arena, revealing Med's Nosepass Flux and Sir Skit, Pepto's Surskit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCs
Nosepass (Rock): Nosepass's nose acts as a magnetic compass and can track the general direction of a Pokémon by homing in on the electric currents in their body, aiding them in situations where they cannot see the Pokémon in question. This allows them to more easily locate foes and discover the real Pokémon in a Double Team set. This of course works most efficiently against Electric-types. Nosepass can see in the dark and are familiar with the Electric type. They are inorganic.
[Rock]: Rock-type Pokémon generally have hard bodies, which makes them resistant to physical hits and projectiles. They are difficult to burn or poison and prefer hot environments to cold ones. Most are so heavy that they will sink in water, so they stay away from deep-water sources if possible. They are adept at controlling rocks and will use less energy than other Pokémon when using Rock Tomb, Stealth Rock etc. to manipulate the arena. They have slightly more Ground energy than other Pokémon if they naturally learn attacks of that type.
Surskit (Bug/Water): Because their feet have a substance to affect surface tension, Surskit can walk, or at least glide, on top of water and slippery surfaces such as sheet ice.
[Bug]: Bug-types can see in the dark. Most live in warm climates, though they hate fire and dislike extreme cold. Their status inducing attacks have a slight boost to their chance of inflicting statuses and the resulting statuses are slightly more potent than usual.
[Water]: Water-type Pokémon are generally able to hold their breath and/or breathe underwater. The time varies, from several rounds in the case of birds, mammals and reptiles to indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are generally good swimmers and are better at manipulating Water for moves like Surf and Whirlpool than other Pokémon. They have slightly more Ice-typed energy than other Pokémon if they naturally learn attacks of that type.
And it's the little bug who takes the initiative, firing off a vicious Water Pulse at the rocky lump, who can't do much in time because it's slower than a rock rolling uphill. The water has the somewhat hilarious side-effect of knocking the boulder over, before it float up self-rights and lands, before using its prowess to dredge up a bunch of Rocks from the floor, surrounding the diminutive inscet completely in a Tomb! Looking at the tomb, the Surskit decides against using Bubblebeam, as that's like trying to win a swordfight using an individual blade of grass. Completely fucking pointless. So, while it sits there and does nothing, Flux summons yet more Rocks, to set up some Stealthy entry hazards.

Summary
Sir Skit was completely undamaged in this round, while Flux took a notable whack, landing it comfortably inside its first third still. As for energy, both took a dip into their first thirds, with Sir Skit holding a big advantage due to the one-mover. Both are good for two, and you're up Med.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.

Last edited by Ironthunder; 08-14-2015 at 06:32 PM.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:29 PM   #7
Median Dia

Er, Sir Skit used Water Pulse, not Water Gun...
Old 08-14-2015, 06:31 PM   #8
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Damn. Midnight reffings kill me. Fixed.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:19 PM   #9
Median Dia

Whip a Sandstorm to further mess with the field! Should he break free from his tomb, launch a Compress!Stone Edge as payback for his hit from last round!
Old 08-17-2015, 11:18 AM   #10
peptodismal
Pokemon Trainer

Let's set up a Rain Dance, even whilst in the tomb, call upon the rain. Then, without further ado, unleash a Hydro Pump to turn your tomb and your foe to sediment!
Old 08-18-2015, 06:51 AM   #11
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Round 2: Dancing thing.

Flux moves first here, somewhat of a rarity given it's a massive lump of rock. anyway, it justs starts spinning in place, being plain darude and whipping up a Sandstorm! Seems Sir Skit is getting his groove on too, starting to Dance a bit inside his tomb, trying to summon some Rain. This works inside the tomb somehow, and the clouds be a-gathering. Flux, somewhat irked by this, sits there, waiting to see if the bug escapes its rockbox or not, oblivious to the Water type charging up its water energies. Then the Hydro Pump fires, a seemingly neverending stream of high-pressure water blasting from the tiny insect's mouth, through the Rock Tomb, and into Flux because it hasn't moved since it went in the tomb. Extremely annoyed by this, Flux summons a ring of sharp-Edged Stones, before firing at the diminutive insect, who takes it full in the face despite trying to evade. The Surskit flies backwards into a rock, splatting into it and sliding off full-on cartoon style, before standing up and facing his opponent, tired yet determined to see this through.

Summary
Both sides took one hell af a whack, landing Sir Skit with a huge advantage, while Flux is down into his second third. As for their energy, Sir Skit still holds a slight lead, but they're both well within the first third. Rain Dance will kick in properly next round, Sandstorm's essentially gone. Pepto, your turn.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.

Last edited by Ironthunder; 08-29-2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:50 PM   #12
peptodismal
Pokemon Trainer

Sir Skit, use a bubblebeam before following up with a Scald!
Old 08-18-2015, 08:45 PM   #13
Median Dia

Eh, it's just water. Lots of water. Perhaps we can use this?

Bust through the bubbles with another Compress!Stone Edge, then strike'em with a nasty Thunderbolt!
Old 08-19-2015, 12:43 PM   #14
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Round 3: Shit goes down.

Sir Skit begins to take decisive action, unleashing a Bubblebeam to... distract it? idk, the idea of bubbles doing any sort of damage is slightly flawed imo, but hey ho. Anyway, the bubbles fly at Flux, who's already summoning the sharpened rocks from the arena into a compressed ring, flinging the Stone Edge through the bubbles and into the bug, sending it flying back a good bit. Understandably, this pisses the miniature bug off mightily, causing it to become red in the face! Wait, no, it's just the temperature rising as it fires off a Scalding blast of superheated water, slamming the Nosepass square in the face, burning its already-red nose! Now he's mad. Thundering mad. So mad he generates a ball of electric energy before firing it into the bug with the force of a Thunderbolt! The diminutive Water type tries to dodge, but is a bit too slow and take the brunt of the hit full-on! The bug stands, but slowly and barely, due to the paralysis in his right side.

Summary
Holy hell a lot happened there. Both are about level on health, and below the midpoint, but Sir Skit packs a slight energy advantage, with Flux on the cusp of the second third. Rain's in full swing, and will be for the rest of this 5-turn forecast. Flux is burned on the nose, Sir Skit is paralysed on the right-hand side of its body.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:41 PM   #15
Median Dia

Let's keep on stoning that sucker!

Rock Slide into Comp!Stone Edge, once more with feeling!
Old 08-23-2015, 12:56 PM   #16
peptodismal
Pokemon Trainer

Use a Scald right on the burn mark on his nose and agility away after he knocks the paralysis off of you to dodge the stone edge attack.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:48 PM   #17
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Round 4: Ever had one of those days?

OK, let's do this. HOO HAH! Right then, we're off.

As it sights its opponent lying paralysed on the floor, Flux lets out a sadistic grinding noise, before summoning a bunch of Rocks, that go Sliding into the tiny bug! The critter is infuriated by this, and superheats some water again, before firing the Scalding jet at the boulder, causing it to let out a grinding moan! Flux is pissed now, and summons... Yet more sharp-Edged Stones to fling at the bug. much inventive many wow. However, this time the nimble bug just displays its natural Agility and dodges the blow.

Summary
Both battlers are about even on health, and into their final thirds. As for energy, Sir Skit holds somewhat of a lead, but neither are below the midpoint just yet. Both could use a breather, after four-five rounds of solid two-movers. Pepto, you're up.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.

Last edited by Ironthunder; 08-26-2015 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:50 PM   #18
peptodismal
Pokemon Trainer

Use a Water Pulse, followed by a Hydro Pump!
Old 08-25-2015, 10:07 PM   #19
Median Dia

Well, this is gonna be a doozy.

Use your Ancient Powers to bust that orb before it reaches you, then Protect yourself from that torrent!
Old 08-26-2015, 12:26 PM   #20
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

...I'm a fucking idiot. I've forgotten to ref tiredness for this whole ordeal. I'll edit it in, but basically, they're both knackered and could use a breather. Reorder if you want, the round's being edited.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:15 AM   #21
peptodismal
Pokemon Trainer

sorry for delay, forgot my password XD

Go for a water Pulse, wave version. In the rain? Better be all you can make it!
Old 08-28-2015, 03:18 AM   #22
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Yeah, rain's around for 2-3 more turns for reference.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:28 PM   #23
Median Dia

How about we not take that hit either?

Shove the wave back his way with a fearsome Rock Slide!
Old 08-29-2015, 06:01 AM   #24
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Round 6: And we have a knockout!

As the two weary warriors face each other, the bug-like one begins with a rather unfamiliar action in this match, as it fires a Water Pulse at the ground, so it sprays up in a wave! Flux tries to block this by tossing some rocks at it, but given the difference in tiredness (Flux having 5 two-movers and fairly high energy's not much help), the responding attack is too slow to stop the strike, but still is executed, much to the insect's dismay. As the Rock Slide slams into the tiny Bug, it slowly loses its grip on consciousness, sliding down at the foot of a tree.

Sir Skit is unable to battle! Pepto, next mon please!

Flux is still barrelling towards critical health, but has enough energy left to keep fighting for a while. Still burnt and good for two.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.

Last edited by Ironthunder; 09-08-2015 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:15 PM   #25
peptodismal
Pokemon Trainer

Hm, how did Surskit not be able to fire off his attack when I had initiative?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL