UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > New Bark Tundra

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2015, 05:15 PM   #1
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,094
Let's Play Pokemon Wild Future: Part 2: Ilex Forest and Repairing the Shrine

Big walked into the town of Azalea hugging his new Vulpix friend closely, with her head peeking out from the neck of his hoodie under his. "Man it's cold here." He said pointing out the very obvious. "I still don't know what mom was thinking saying to come here instead of starting at home."

"Vul!" The fox pokemon agreed cheerfully, wriggling a little to try and heat her trainer up.

Big smiled. "Thanks for the effort Clara." He said patting her on the head. He looked around. "It's hard to believe this place is the home of the bug gym." He sighed. "Well, I guess we better see if we can find it."

Clara squirmed out of the hoodie and plopped to the snowy ground to walk for herself. Big rubbed together his hands and blew hot breath onto them to keep warm as they headed out to look for the gym.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show

Last edited by biggggg5; 09-27-2015 at 12:25 AM.
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 05:56 AM   #2
Connor
Who Knows?
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,984
Slowly making his way through Azalea, the only sound available to the surroundings is the gentle crunch of the snow under Big's feet. Finally drawing close to the main area of the small town, buildings forming in the distance, the relative silence is abruptly drawn to a halt. Frantic footsteps can be heard behind him, the loud patter against the snow unmistakable. With a juddering impact, Big is stricken, and a loud yelp rings out. Taken aback, Clara jumps from Big's hoodie to protect her trainer, but it quickly becomes evident there is no real need. A young girl, maybe a little younger than Big himself, lies sprawled on the ground, her expression clearly a mixture of scared and disgruntled. Her brown hair is drawn into a tight ponytail, and she is dressed for the weather, a heavy set jacket too large for her drawn over her figure. Staggering back to her feet, she gives Big a slight nod, muttering her apologies, before hurriedly shuffling off towards the nearby Pokemon Center.
__________________
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 01:54 PM   #3
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,094
"Oof!" Big said, staggering forward a bit at the impact, not big enough to knock him all the way over apparently. He turned around to see who had bumped into him. He saw the expression on her face. "Hey are you..." He started but she had made off towards the Pokemon Center before he could finish. "...ok?" He tilted his head. "Weird..." He looked down at his Vulpix. "We should head towards the Center to make sure she's ok, she looked kind of scared." Clara nodded and they detoured from the gym over towards the Center. He stuck his hands into his pockets as they walked to keep his hands from freezing. I need to get some gloves or something. He thought to himself. Plus we needed to find the Pokemon Center anyway.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 05:01 AM   #4
Connor
Who Knows?
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,984
Changing his intended destination somewhat, Big instead makes his way towards the Pokemon Center, Clara padding along close in tow. The crimson red of the Vulpix' fur strikes a jarring contrast with the pure white of the snow as she rushes forwards in bounds and leaps, guiding her trainer by following the tracks left in the snow by the perturbed girl from earlier. Finally, the shining yellow lights of the Pokemon Center take center stage, the glaring beacon leaving no questions as to whether they had reached their destination. Approaching the doors, Big makes his way into the warmth, Clara shaking free loose bits of snow which had attached to her coat. As soon as he is spotted, one of the Center's attendants rushes over to him, fussing over him and draping a blanket around his shoulders. Pouting, she takes a step back, her expression clearly one of irritation.

"What are you doing, wandering around on a night like this? You'll catch your death of a cold, you will."

Out the corner of his eye, Big can see the girl from earlier, huddled in a chair with a blanket around her shoulders not unlike his own, her hands cradling a steaming mug of coffee.
__________________
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 05:37 PM   #5
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,094
"Hoo." Big made a noise, blowing hot air onto his hands. "Sorry Miss. I just got into to town and I didn't realize how late it had gotten. I was just excited to look for the Gym." He said squeezing the blanket around himself closely and rubbing his hands to make friction. "Thank you for the blanket." He said nodding politely to the attendant.

The newbie trainer picked Clara back up and walked over to the girl and sat in a chair across from her. "Hello. I'm Big, the one you bumped into outside?" He did his best to smile a bit and not seem like he was angry. "Don't worry, I'm not mad or anything. I just wanted to make sure you were alright. You looked kind of scared out there, and the road doesn't seem exactly busy or narrow. Were you running from something?" He stroked Clara's fur as he spoke to brush any remaining snow out of it and to warm up his hands more.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:02 PM   #6
Connor
Who Knows?
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,984
The attendant gives a warm smile as Big thanks her, before rushing back off to continue her work. Walking over to where the young girl from earlier is situated, Big slips into a chair directly across from her. Looking up, she clearly recognises, waiting for him to finish speaking before mumbling something under her breath.

"I ... I can't tell you. I ..."

Her voice trails off, before she notices Clara sitting happily in the lap of Big. Her eyes widen as she sees the small Fire type, and she quickly shifts from her position, hopping across and sitting down next to Big. Shuffling the blanket off her shoulders, she reaches a hand out to pet Clara, and the Vulpix happily obliges. Watching on, Big can see the girls defences beginning to drop, and she finally sighs heavily, still gently stroking Clara underneath her chin.

"I was being chased. I heard some commotion happening in the Well, and suddenly something tackled me to the ground. I ran as fast as I can, unsure if I was being followed or not. Then I crashed headlong into you and ... the rest is history."

Her expression is forlorn, and her body language gives the impression she isn't quite divulging all of the information. She takes a brief sip of her coffee, before returning to stroking Clara, clearly seeming more at ease with the Vulpix.
__________________
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:02 PM   #7
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,094
Big bit his lip at first at her reluctance to speak, concerned with the situation. However when he noticed her reaction to Clara he smiled. He knew that pokemon were therapeutic to a lot of people and wasn't worried that anyone would try to run off with his Pokemon in the middle of the Pokemon Center. "This is Clara, you can hold her if you want to, she doesn't bite." He offered to the girl. The Vulpix gave a small cute cry and nudged against the girl's hand more.

"The Well you said? Slowpoke Well?" He asked, tilting his head in thought. "I wonder if something is going on there." He said slowly, his curiosity starting to get the better of him. "I'm sorry to have to ask but could you tell what kind of thing tackled you? Did it feel like a person or could you tell?" He inquired. "Maybe someone should go check it out..."
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:26 AM   #8
Connor
Who Knows?
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,984
Grinning as Clara happily saunters across into her lap, the young girl strokes the Vulpix, a soft cry of happiness emanating from the throat of Clara. She sits for a few moments in silence, enjoying the warmth radiating from the body of Clara, before sighing. Turning towards Big, it is obvious there is trepidation in her eyes, and she bites her lip, shaking her head soon after. Mumbling at first, she begins.

"It ... it was definitely a Pokemon that tackled me. No doubt about it. It was too small to be anything but, the force it managed to strike me with. It was too dark to notice any features but ... it was definitely a Pokemon."

She nods again, evidently very certain in her judgement, her hand almost instinctively stroking at the fur of Clara now. Continuing, her expression becomes much more troubled.

"The reason I was hanging around there, wanting to check out the Well ... My brother has been acting really, really strange lately. We haven't ever been really close, not like best friends. We've always been friendly with one another though. Lately ... lately he's cut himself off. From the entire family. I've trailed him a few times, and he always seems to go down into the Well alone, coming out alone. I don't know what he's doing down there, but when I finally mustered the courage to try and investigate ..."

She pauses for a moment, clearly becoming downcast.

"Well ... you know what happened."

She presses her head downwards, drawing the blanket around herself once again and trying to shrink into it.
__________________
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:00 PM   #9
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,094
"Hmm..." Big said thinking for a bit. "I wonder what kind of pokemon it was, lots of things learn tackle so it is hard to tell." He scratched the back of his head. "Well, why don't I go check out the Well for you? I will have Clara with with me so the Pokemon might be more reluctant to attack and if it does I can defend myself." He said standing up and stretching. "I was thinking about going to the Well to practice or look for pokemon anyway at some point in time, so it works out." He looked back at her and kneeled down. "I have a brother too so I know why you want to make sure he's ok." He said. "We aren't the closest either but I care about him and would probably do the same if he was running of and being secretive like this. I will see what your brother is up to and make sure he is safe."
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:37 PM   #10
Connor
Who Knows?
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,984
Continuing to stroke Clara, the young girl looks up towards Big with an apprehensive frown as he states he'll help, clearly wondering whether he was up to the task. Becoming quiet for a while, she finally addresses him once again.

"Are ... are you sure? Whatever it is my brother is up to ... I don't imagine it's good. It could be dangerous ... I'd hate for someone to get hurt on my accord. We could just go straight to the police. I know they're spread thin and won't have many officers here, but they should still be able to do something ... right?"

She goes silent for a moment, before shaking her head.

"If you go, I'm coming with you. I have to. I can't let you go it alone."

She looks up towards Big, what was in her eyes earlier gone. Now there is only a burning determination, her face almost scrunching up as she tries to impose her will on the boy stood before her.
__________________
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:03 PM   #11
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,094
Big slightly rolled his eyes at the mention of the police. In what he had experienced back in Goldenrod and the history he had read the police did not have the best track record in dealing with things. "Spread thin might be a slight understatement." He said. "They were spread thin back home in Goldenrod, so no offense I expect them to be a bit less active here." He thought about it for another minute. "But we should at least let them know I guess. We can leave a note or something here. But I think I can handle it, that's what pokemon trainers do." He nodded thoughtfully.

He seemed surprised at her sudden change of heart but smiled big. "I can understand that. I would want to go help with my brother too. Plus you know the area much better than me anyway, it'll be good to have you around." He stopped suddenly. "I just realized, I never got your name." He chuckled. "Here I just offered to go on a possibly dangerous thing to save your brother and I don't even know your name." He laughed more.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:46 AM   #12
Connor
Who Knows?
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,984
The young girl nods at the suggestion of leaving a note with the attendants, her expression one of contemplation, but she almost seems to panic at the realisation she hadn't even divulged her name yet. Her cheeks burn crimson, and she waves her hands apologetically through the air, stammering her words.

"I-I'm so sorry. My name is Lindsey. I really should have mentioned earlier."

Before Big can respond, she hurriedly walks over to an attendant, engaging in conversation. The attendant looks at her with a worried grimace, clearly somewhat startled at the suggestion the young girl may well be in danger, before sighing heavily and nodding. With that taken care of, Lindsey approaches Big again, grinning widely.

"Shall we be on our way then? You also neglected to tell me your name, by the way."

Her last words are punctuated with an almost flighty grin, and Lindsey makes her way towards the Pokemon Center door, clearly meaning for Big to follow after her.
__________________
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 02:04 PM   #13
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,094
Big laughed at her flusterdness and picked Clara back up as Lindsey went to talk to the attendant. "It's really alright, I could tell you were pretty distracted by what had happened." He said with a shrug. He gave Clara one last scratch on the head before recalling her to her pokeball so she wouldn't have to walk or be carried all the way to the Well.

"I did not!" Big replied to the accusation in mock offense with a grin. "It was the first thing I said when I sat down." He laughed again. "I think you were pretty distracted but it looks like you are feeling better." He said walking with Lindsey through the doors back into the cold. "It's Big by the way, at least that's what everyone calls me."
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:24 PM   #14
Connor
Who Knows?
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,984
Clara fumbles again as she realises she skipped over Big introducing himself, sighing heavily with a look of embarrassment on her face. She is settled by Big waving it aside so easily though, her grin from earlier returning. The pair slowly make their way through the snow covered Azalea, the crunching of their feet the only sound heard in the vicinity for some reason, and they finally approach the Well. Lindsey abruptly stops, her entire body going rigid.

"Hide."

Big soon realises what she was so perturbed by. Two figures hang by the entrance to the Well. One is slightly shorter than the other, his build less defined. He has slight stubble on his face, the thin spattering of facial hair nothing too impressive. His frame is slight, and he has a single Poke Ball attached to his belt. His face bears a vague resemblance to Lindsey, and the reaction of the girl all but confirms that it is his brother. The other man stands over him, his height not much more than that of Lindsey's brother, but his frame dwarfing the other man's. A figure accustomed to a life of labour, the man is clearly angered, shouting and making gesticulating arm motions. With a final huff, he walks back into the Well, Lindsey's brother slinking in close tow.

Looking over to the Well, Lindsey bites her lip, worry evident on her face. The girl's vivacity from earlier is completely gone, and she shakes somewhat, clearly upset by the scene playing out before her.

"What has he gone and gotten himself into?"
__________________
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:52 PM   #15
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,094
Big took a deep breath of the cold air as the pair walked towards the well. He was about to say something else to break the silence when she told him to hide. He followed and hid with her, carefully observing the two people. He made special note of the pokeball on the one who seemed to be her brother's belt. "I can't hear what they're talking about." He muttered under his breath in frustration but loud enough for her to hear.

He waited until they had gone into the Well before speaking again. "We need to follow them." He decided. "But not ignorant? What pokemon does your brother have and did you see any on the bigger guy or recognize him?" He asked in a serious tactical voice. He had to start strategizing now to be safe.

He looked over to her and his voice softened. "Whatever he got into we can get him out. Or at least give our all trying." He promised.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:48 AM   #16
Connor
Who Knows?
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,984
"Whatever he got into we can get him out. Or at least give our all trying."

Lindsey looks towards Big as he gives his assurances, and she forces herself to stop shaking, taking a few deep breaths of the icy air. Nodding as she fortifies her resolve, she considers the questions asked of her, frowning.

"As far as I know, my brother should only have one Pokemon. A Teddiursa he caught in Ilex Forest. He's had her a while, but she hasn't got into many battles. If it came to a battle ... I don't think you would have a problem with Clara. The other guy ... I don't know. He definitely seemed to be giving some sort of orders to Eric."

Her voice trails off somewhat, before she grins wide.

"Anyway, if we get into any trouble ..."

She pauses, rummaging through her coat. Producing a Poke Ball, she presses the small button adorning the capsule, and the orb opens along the seam, allowing a crimson rush of energy to splay out onto the pure white snow. A figure soon emerges, and a Pancham looks up at his trainer, a unsure look on his face. Looking towards Big, he tilts his head in curiosity, before breaking out in a wide smile.

"This little guy is Lance. I caught him at the same time my brother caught his Teddiursa. Again, he's not had much training, just little sparring sessions with Isabelle. We'll do my best to help out though."

With that said, the pair descend down into the well, an uncertain fate awaiting them within the depths of the cavern.
__________________
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 12:17 AM   #17
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,094
Big nodded, his mind already racing with ideas the second he heard Teddiursa. Teddiursa is a normal type so hex is basically useless." He thought to himself. And tail whip won't effect anything with ember being a special attack. I'd probably just have to keep my distance and hope for a burn. Big looked back to Clara. "If the bigger guy is giving orders he will be more of the one to watch out for." He said.

He watched on as Lindsey let out her Pancham. "Very cool. Pancham are pretty tough despite their cuteness." He said smiling down at Lance. And that might give Clara reason to use tail whip at some point as well. Could be useful. "But unfortunately we don't have time to plan out a full strategy, especially with all that we don't know." He said, but Lindsey was already heading into the Well. He took Clara's Ball into his hand to be ready and followed the two into Slowpoke Well.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:39 AM   #18
Connor
Who Knows?
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,984
With Lindsey already descending into the Well, Big wastes no time in following, dropping down to the ground and using the tentative wooden ladder to descend into the darkness. As they finally touch down ground, the dampness of the surroundings is evident, water periodically dropping from the ceiling above, numerous puddles having formed around the ground. Although somewhat dank, the well is not particularly dark, being somewhat lit by numerous burning torches fixed into brackets protruding from the walls. On seeing this, Lindsey frowns, looking around and noting that they stretch deeper into the well. Turning to Big, she nods towards the braziers.

"Those torches shouldn't be lit. They've existed for as long as I remember, the custodian of the Well used to maintain them and ensure they were lit before the Disasters struck. He ended up dying, though. There hasn't been a custodian since ..."

Her voice trails off as Lance begins to tug at the hem of her trousers, and she crouches down, stroking the Pancham on the head.

"What is it little guy? Have you caught their scent already?"

The small bear nods enthusiastically in response, and Lindsey takes a Pokeblock from her pocket in response, grinning widely as she feeds it to the young Pokemon.

"Good boy, Lance. Reckon you can track them?"

Munching on the small treat, he nods once again, Lindsey looking back towards Big and nodding, her expression becoming more furtive. Trekking on, the pair soon realise they are being led well into the depths of the Well, and without warning, a pained mewl rings loud throughout the surroundings. Lindsey stifles a scream of shock as she darts behind a nearby pillar, Lance and Big close in tow. As they hide, the cry rings out once again, and Lindsey frowns, looking towards Lance. The Pancham seems more concerned than tense, and the young girl comes to some sort of realisation.

"I don't think that's them, Big. I ... I think it's a Pokemon."

Moving out from their hiding place, Lindsey looks towards where the sound is coming from, slowly but surely advancing. Her entire body is tense until she finally sees the source, the blood draining from her face. Both she and Lance hurriedly rush forwards, and Big is not far behind. Managing to reach the poor Pokemon, Lindsey simply whimpers with worry, dropping to her knees and beginning to shudder.

"Wh... what is Eric doing? Poachers? He ... he can't be involved in this kind of thing..."

Trapped awkwardly by his bill, the taught ripe leaving small abrasions across the hardened protrusion, a rather beaten Psyduck lies face down, squirming feebly against his restraints. His efforts are in vain, the trap having caught him. It is all he can do to muster pained cries of help, and Lindsey looks stricken, completely frozen with panic and shock. Lance tries to tug away the ropes, but it soon becomes evident that the small Pancham does not quite have the strength to remove the bonds, looking desperately towards Big for assistance.
__________________
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 12:28 PM   #19
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,094
Big quickly examined the interior of the Well, trying to get an idea of everything and anything in the Well. "I guess Eric and the big guy don't feel like working in the dark." He commented. "That's good 'cause it means we can see as well." Big said and smiled slightly when Lance had found the scent. He made a mental note to get pokeblocks or some sort of treats for Clara once he had time and followed Lance and Lindsey deeper into the Well.

They instinctively hid together when they hear the cry but as Lindsey quickly realized it wasn't them. "Oh Hell no." Big said immediately rushing over to the Psyduck. "It must be young." He said. "It doesn't seem to have any psychic moves to get the ropes off." Lance seemed unable to get the ropes off either so it seemed to be up to Big. "Clara we need some help." He said calling out the Vulpix. "I need you to Ember these ropes off but be careful, we dont want to hurt the poor thing." He draged his finger along the rope and pointed at the points closest to the floor and away from the psyduck. "Aim here."
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 01:01 PM   #20
Connor
Who Knows?
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,984
With the Psyduck looking to be in a bad way, Big calls Clara out from her Poke Ball, the Vulpix looking towards her trainer and nodding on receiving the orders. Lindsey looks on with a worried expression, but as soon as Clara takes careful aim, she nods, knowing that it is the only route of action. Inhaling slowly, Clara allows an intense heat to begin radiating from her body, embers gently trickling from the edges of her mouth and petering out on the floor before. With a final look towards her target, she fires a concentrated blast of flames upon the rope, the fire quickly chewing through the thickened twine. Pulling sharply, Psyduck manages to pull free, but the Water type's bill remains sealed by the rope. Reaching across gingerly, Lindsey steadies her breathing, before looking into the Psyduck's eyes.

"I'm ... going to try and pull this off now, okay? I'll try not to hurt."

The Psyduck looks at her for a moment, before finally nodding. With a sigh of relief, Lindsey tugs once, twice and then suddenly falls backwards, the rope coming free and leaving the Water type free of his constraints. Shaking his head, he quacks a note of thanks, waddling over to Clara and patting on the head. Lindsey watches on, her expression clearly torn.

"I still don't believe Eric would get into this kind of thing. He loves Pokemon ... he'd never work with poachers ..."
__________________
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 01:13 PM   #21
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,094
Clara gives a small purr at the pat from the Psyduck and Big lets out a sigh of relief. "I'm glad you're ok little one." He said slowly leaning down and holding out a Rawst berry. "This should help with the rope burns." He said placing it in front of the Psyduck.

He straightened up. "Maybe he is being forced into it somehow?" Big offered to Lindsey, trying to keep on the positive side of things. "It didn't look like they got along too terribly well at the entrance."

He turned back to the Psyduck. "I hate to have to ask you this but do you know where the other two humans went?" He asked. "We are trying to find them so that things like this don't happen anymore."
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 02:34 PM   #22
Connor
Who Knows?
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,984
Looking at the berry held out to him, the Psyduck quacks with happiness, thankfully taking the berry and shoving it into his bill. Munching on the juices of the berry seems to help soothe the burns plaguing his bill, the restorative fruit quickly mending the poor condition of the Water type. Looking towards Big, the Psyduck quacks once again merrily, and Lindsey watches the sight, evidently somewhat happier now that the Psyduck was free. Still, she seemed down about Eric, and Big offers her some words of comfort. Looking towards the young man, she nods.

"Y... yeah. I'm sure that's it. It has to be, right?"

Clara answers for Big, mewling out a quick purr of confidence, and Lindsey smiles, clearly becoming more comfortable with the situation. With that done, Big asks the Psyduck whether he knows where the two men from earlier went, and the yellow duck looks at him with wide eyes, tilting his head to one side before issuing a confident quack. With that done, he begins to stagger deeper into the Well, looking behind him periodically and tilting his head to make sure the pair are following.
__________________
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 02:56 PM   #23
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,094
Big nodded along with Clara to emphasize his confidence. Although it is mostly a bluff, he doesn't know either way if Eric is with the poachers or working reluctantly, but he hoped he was right. He and Clara followed the Psyduck and discreetly pulled out his pokedex to scan it as they walked, making sure to keep it muted. He knew the standard entries but wanted a bit more info about this specific one.

He remained on edge though and had Clara walk up front with the Psyduck so that she would be ready.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show

Last edited by biggggg5; 07-26-2015 at 03:30 PM.
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 03:57 PM   #24
Connor
Who Knows?
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,984
With the Psyduck slowly waddling alongside Clara, the pair lead both Big and Lindsey much deeper into the Well, the light becoming somewhat more sparse as they press on. The atmosphere seems to begin to get to Lindsey, who walks closer to Big the deeper they go, but they abruptly come across a light in the distance. It soon becomes evident as they gingerly approach that this is the camp of the poachers who had set upon the Well, and the group duck behind a large rock to serve as a vantage point.

Overlooking the camp, Big notices that there are numerous Pokemon bundled into small cages, clearly being packed up in order to be shipped out with ease. A small campfire is situated at the center of the rudimentary camp, with small folding chairs being situated around the warmth. Two men sit huddled over the fire, with Big immediately recognising Eric. The other man could be the man from the entrance earlier ... or he could be an entirely new poacher. Either way, Big knows he has to act, and act sooner rather than later - Lindsey was already starting to tremble again at the sight of her brother being implicated.
__________________
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 04:20 PM   #25
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,094
Big's eyes scanned all over the camp as quickly as he could from the vantage point behind the rock. He quickly formed an idea for a plan, and didn't know how well it would work, but it was their only shot. He turned to Lindsey and whispered: "Ok, me and Clara are going to go distract your brother and the other person, you go around and see if you can open as many cages as you can ok?"

He leaned down to Clara and the Psyduck. "Clara, we are going to go sneak to Eric and the poacher I need you to Hex the poacher, see if that will knock him out or at least distract him. Then I need you to aim an ember at Eric's sleeve, not to hurt him but to keep him distracted." The Vulpix nodded and got ready to act. He then glanced at the Psyduck. "I want you to stick with me so you don't get hurt but maybe be ready to put out the fire on Clara gets too big?" He stood back up straight and once Lindsey was ready he and Clara sprung into action.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > New Bark Tundra


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.