Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles

Old 06-25-2015, 12:40 AM   #1
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
UPN PASBL Gym Match: Apollo 77 (GL) VS. KamenAeons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo77 View Post
Apollo77 (GL) vs KamenAeons (challenger)
4 v 4
Singles
Equiall 4
72 Hour DQ
Switch = Gym
Slapstick
Cage of Discipline
Will Kamen be able to pull a badge from Apollo? Possibly: we are talking about a guy who beat me and Kots in the UaCC after all. He's sweet but also shifty. Will Apollo be able to bring on the heat? Find out next time on "Everybody Is Kungfu Fighting"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo77 View Post
The Cage of Discipline
The Fighting Gym Arena is a rather large octagonal fighting ring, with a giant cage trapping the combatants inside. The cage cannot be passed through by ghosts, slipped through by small or fluid Pokémon, broken out of by attacks, or escaped through any other means other than return to a Poké Ball. The cage is about 20 feet high, as to not allow much room for flight. The ring is surrounded by a vast sea of onlookers, who number in the thousands. The roar of the crowd is borderline deafening, and makes it harder for Psychic types to concentrate, weakening their Psychic attacks. Psychic types who are part Fighting are not affected by this. Sound attacks are also partly drowned out by the noise. Red spotlights shine down on the arena, permanently inducing the effects of Foresight. The arena is in a highly urbanized area, making Fairy types that aren't part Fighting uncomfortable. The arena is indoors, so attacks involving the sun, moon, weather, etc will fail.
Squad up, gents.
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:07 AM   #2
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Send a message via Skype™ to Apollo77
Let's get ready to rumbleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Good luck Kamen, and thanks for taking this Schaden. Let's make this fun.

Bringing the following items:

Spirit Badge: Attached to Ippo the Hitmonchan
Spirit Badge
Attachable Badge
This badge represents the discipline and training necessary to triumph over Apollo in combat. The burning heart symbolizes the passion with which a trainer must battle.
Badge Effect: Fighting Spirit
The wearer of this badge is exhilarated by the thrill of the fight and recovers mild energy every other time he or she deals damage with a physical attack. The wearer also receives a slight boost to physical attack and defense, as if permanently under the effects of Bulk Up.

Firebreather's Token: Attached to Akihisa the Infernape
Firebreather’s Token (10 SP) - The Firebreather’s Token burns brightly with the dazzling light of liberty and freedom. It can be attached to Fire-type Pokémon only and greatly enhances their offensive abilities. The wearer’s Fire-type moves will burn hotter than usual and cause small amounts of splash damage as they erupt upon the target, the violent explosions spreading shock and awe in the immediate area. Fire-type moves which have a secondary effect such as burning or item destruction are twice as likely to have the effect triggered when used by the wearer, these effects also being slightly more potent. This item causes the move Fling to deal Fire-type damage if it is thrown. This token may be purchased during the week long Independence Day event and may be purchased up to one time per trainer.

Your reigning arena champions are:

Akihisa: Level 4 Male Infernape
Bio: Akihisa is a total idiot, plain and simple. However he's really energetic and when he sets his mind on something he'll find a way to do it. This sort of determination has helped him overcome his intellectual setbacks and get many things done. Except of course, things that involve a keen intellect. He really puts in the honest effort to be smarter, but he just can't seem to grasp more complex concepts and theories. They simply make his brain hurt. So when Psychic types come in using all their mind-bendy attacks and stuff, it makes Akihisa's brain hurt even more. He really despises these tactics, and finds it really unfair that everyone else seems to have a way of dealing with them. So, I decided to teach Akihisa a way to avoid getting hit with all those bewildering Psychic techniques. He's sure a lot happier being dumb.

Signature Move: Special Training- Shield of Ignorance (Dark)
Akihisa can now use Pursuit three times per match.
Hidden Power Type: Ice
Item: Firebreather's Token

Halcyon: Level 4 Female Lucario
Bio: Halcyon is a strong, independent woman; fearless in battle, she fights with honor to vanquish those who seek to destroy peace. I met Halcyon atop a craggy mountain peak, where she trained her aura every day. She remained in relative solitude most of the time, but could often be disturbed by commotion from the forest down below. When this happened, Halcyon would reluctantly leave her home on the mountaintop to quell the unrest. I never quite understood how she did so, but somehow, within 15 minutes or so, everything in the forest would calm down. As interesting as that was, that wasn't what really drew me to Halcyon. That came some time later, when while traveling through said forest I witnessed a Teddiursa being harassed by a Nidoking. Halcyon was there once more, and this time I witnessed for myself something incredible. Unable to calm the raging Nidoking, Halcyon took it upon herself to fight in Teddiursa's place. She was fighting a losing battle for sure, but continued to push herself to the extremes to defend the innocent. I stepped in then to ensure she wouldn't be hurt, and Olympia and Koa successfully drove the Nidoking off. I added Halcyon to my squad on the spot, amazed by her courage.

Signature Move: Special Technique- Winds of Tranquility (Flying)
Using good energy, Halcyon releases a gentle breeze. The wind has a naturally soothing effect to it, dissuading foes from attacking akin to Screech. Due to the calming nature of the wind, it is more effective on Pokemon who are easily enraged as well as on aggressive types (Fire, Dragon) but less effective on calmer types (Water, Fairy). The breeze also has a special effect on Flying types, acting as a sort of muscle relaxant on their wings that causes them be far less agile when flying and making flight require more effort to maintain. Due to her peaceful nature, Halcyon has forgotten how to use Nasty Plot, Screech, Work Up, Swagger, Retaliate, and Dual Chop. Halcyon can use this attack twice per battle.
Hidden Power Type: Fairy

Banzai: Level 4 Male Pangoro
Bio: Banzai is just wild, man. He just comes in, all hyped up and stuff, itchin' for a fight. Apollo didn't chose him, he chose Apollo, man. He was chewin' that leaf in his mouth and just waitin' for a real challenge. And then he saw Apollo, and he was like "hey, this guy looks like he knows what he's doin', I'll try 'em on for size". A long, slender branch in hand, Banzai jumped out at Apollo and challenged him then 'n there. Apollo sent out Ippo to take 'em down, but no, Banzai wouldn't have it. He used that branch all skillful-like and wouldn't let Ippo get in for a single punch. Apollo was amazed at his prowess with his staff and added 'em to his team on the spot. Sadly, Banzai couldn't take his staff with 'em. But Apollo was persistent, and he trained with Banzai night 'n day. After long hours o'trainin', Banzai found a way to fight like he had never lost his branch.

Signature Move: Special Attack: Banzai Bo Staff! (Fighting)
Using solid Fighting energy, Banzai creates an energy construct in the shape of a 10 foot long bamboo staff. He attacks his foe with the staff using several fast, light strikes, dealing good damage in total. Because of the length of the staff, this technique can keep opponents just out of melee range, and can interrupt punches/kicks/etc by keeping the foe out of range. Banzai can also use the nature of this attack to chain into another melee attack often before the opponent can react, shifting the staff into his offhand so he can use his dominant hand to deliver the punch/so that it's out of the way to perform a kick. Upon completion of the melee attack chained, the staff disappears.
Hidden Power Type: Ice

Ippo: Level 4 Male Hitmonchan
Ippo is a shy, timid, Pokemon outside of battle, but when it comes time to battle, he lets go of all inhibitions. I met Ippo as an egg, and he hatched into a wonderful healthy Tyrogue. All I knew was that his father was a Hitmonchan, therefore Ippo's fighting style leaned more toward using his fists. It was no surprise to me when he evolved into a Hitmonchan as well. A boxer can usually be classified as either an infighter or an outfighter; the former prefers close range and heavy punches, while the latter prefers fancy footwork and agility. Ippo was very much an infighter, and loved pounding the crap out of things with powerful strikes. However, like most infighters, he found agile opponents to be a bit of a problem. So I did my research and found the perfect technique to solve his problems: clinching. This way, he could keep his opponents in range, but there was still an issue: how would he get his opponents in range in the first place? It took a while, but soon we figured out the solution.

Signature Move: Special Technique- Challenge
Using decent Fighting energy, Ippo gets in his opponent's head and issues a challenge to his opponent, beckoning him to come close and duel. The opposing Pokemon is drawn in by this and agrees to the challenge. Once in range, Ippo clinches his opponent, grappling with him to keep him in range. This lasts for two rounds, or until Ippo is hit with an attack that could reasonably break his ability to keep clinching. The opponent is less likely to respond to the challenge if he is resistant to mind altering moves (used Calm Mind, etc), or if Challenge has already been used on him in the battle. Ippo can no longer use Round, Swift, or Mud-Slap.
Hidden Power Type: Ghost

Takeshi: Level 4 Male Primeape
Bio: Takeshi is very brash and acts before he thinks. He's restless and super competitive, never giving up in battle even from sheer exhaustion. From the moment Takeshi met Ippo, my Hitmonchan, he knew right then and there who his rival was to be. As Ippo's exploits grew more and more renowned, Takeshi meanwhile worked in his shadow, gaining strength much to the attention of no one. Then, one day, Takeshi challenged Ippo to an all-out duel. Ippo had no choice but to accept. Takeshi, like Ippo, was an infighter, so the match consisted mostly of them slugging each other with high-powered punches. However, Takeshi found himself in a losing battle. He was desperate for victory and wouldn't give up, but fell unconscious after being thoroughly battered. Upon coming to, Takeshi was disappointed, but I pointed out to him a certain technique in his punches that I wanted to develop. Takeshi threw his punches at such an angle that they were nigh unblockable and had tremendous power. I worked with Takeshi to transfer this motion over to some of his other close quarter attacks. Day after day Takeshi trains, eager to take on Ippo once more when he's ready.

Signature Move: Special Training- The Smash
Due to Takeshi's training, several of his attacks have attained a 10% increase in power at an equally proportionate energy cost increase and have become slightly harder to dodge. These attacks are: All of his punching attacks, Poison Jab, Dual Chop, and Night Slash. He has the type energy to fully use all of these attacks that aren't of his type twice per battle. However, he loses access to the moves Seismic Toss, Karate Chop, Meditate, Gunk Shot, and Swift.
Hidden Power Type: Ghost

Ginchiyo: Level 5 Female Gallade
Apollo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:45 AM   #3
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Lilligant

"Oh let's bring all the Poison types, they resist Fighting!"
*notices Gallade*
"Well that's a little crap." *tosses plan out the window*

Anyhoo, time to enter the brawl! GO GO GO!

Packing the following thingies:
Pidgeotite - Attached to Aya the Pidgeot
Quote:
Pidgeotite (20 SP) - This item allows Pidgeot to Mega Evolve into Mega Pidgeot when held during battle.
Reaper's Token - Attached to Gipsy Danger the Golett
Quote:
Reaper's Token (10 SP) - This attachable item can only be given to Ghost type Pokémon. If the Pokémon wearing this token has the ability to change in to the Invisible state, they are able to do so for three turns instead of the usual two and enjoy perfect invisibility where they might usually have left an icy glimmer or some other give away. If the selected Pokémon does not already possess the ability to change in to the Invisible state, they gain the ability to do so for two turns, leaving a slight give away when they do so such as the glint of an eye or the glow of an ectoplasmic body. Ghosts wearing this token are also granted an increased ability to trick their opponents. This item causes the move Fling to deal Ghost type damage if it is thrown. This token is available only during the Halloween 2013 sale and may be purchased by trainers up to once.
Harvester's Token - attached to Aomori the Grovyle
Quote:
Harvester's Token (10 SP) - The Harvester's Token denotes one's prowess in caring for and farming the bounties of nature. It can be attached to Grass type pokémon only and greatly enhances their natural abilities. Rain will heal them by a mild amount each round, sunlight will regenerate them mild energy each round, healing moves cost half their usual energy cost and draining moves are much more efficient. This item causes the move Fling to deal Grass type damage if it is thrown. This token may be purchased during the week long Thanksgiving 2013 event and may be purchased up to one time per trainer.
My bravest and best for this brawl are:

Yuuki: Male Swampert [Level 4]
Swampert (Water/Ground): Being a wet and slimy Pokémon, attacks involving grabs or holds are difficult to execute and prevents them from being affected by Electric attacks when wet. They may also use their fins to detect things happening in the arena, allowing a better idea of where foes are even when disguised. Their mud based attacks are more effective than normal. As starter Pokémon, their Water-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/4 health.
Bio: "I've seen things you won't believe, the birth of the universe, its dying breaths."
Special Training: Stagnate Spirit
Yuuki can now use Focus Energy and Zen Headbutt, with the type energy to use Zen Headbutt twice. Yuuki is not deterred by environmental factors, and as such is no longer uncomfortable with intense heat or cold. His techniques are no longer affected by the weather, but this means that while his Water and Ice moves aren't debilitated in hot places, those moves aren't boosted by rain or hail. Yuuki has lost the ability to use Hydro Pump, Mirror Coat and Blizzard, restraining himself from learning Hammer Arm upon evolution. His Water-type attacks are no longer boosted when below 1/4 health.
Hidden Power: Bug

Aomori: Male Shiny Sceptile [Level 4]
Sceptile (Grass): Thanks to the small hooks on their feet, Sceptile are able to scale most vertical surfaces. Sceptile cannot be intimidated easily, and are therefore more resistant to fear-inducing attacks. Their slashing attacks are 1.2x more powerful. As starter Pokémon, their Grass-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/4 health.
Bio: "I… really like eating apples. *hides mountain of apple cores*"
Signature Move: Bad Apple Blades (PSYCHIC)
Projecting his love of apples into his arm blades, Aomori creates sharpened apple cores made from significant Psychic energy. Leaping towards his opponent, he delivers an overhead slash onto his opponent, delivering a concentrated burst of sugar into their system with the strike. Bad Apple Blades targets energy instead of health, causing the opponent to undergo a sugar crash which reduces the target's physical defense by 10% for three rounds. They also lose significant overall energy, feeling drained, this being the "damage" that would usually occur. It is not affected by Taunt or other moves that force offensive moves due to damaging energy supplies rather than health. Therefore, a Fighting type will lose more energy than a Normal type, feeling more exhausted as a result of this. Aomori has the Psychic energy to use Bad Apple Blades twice.
Hidden Power: Ground
Attached Token: Harvester's Token

Mokou: Female Blaziken [Level 4]
Blaziken (Fire/Fighting): Blaziken are exceptional jumpers and can leap up to three times their head height. Kicking attacks will do slightly more damage then normal. Blaziken have flames on their wrists and can control whether their flames are ignited at any one time. However, they cannot use any fire attacks if their fire is not ignited. Igniting does not count as a move, and happens automatically when the Pokémon is ordered a fire attack. However, de-igniting counts as a move and they will automatically de-ignite if they fall asleep. Their flames can be used to burn foes if there is prolonged contact and can provide illumination. They are also familiar with the Flying type. As starter Pokémon, their Fire-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/4 health.
Bio: "If my flames don't work on you, let's see how you like this sucker!"
Signature Move: Hollow Giant [Wu] (ELECTRIC)
Mokou leaps into the air and performs a lightning-wreathed kick (the style varying depending on her orders, the default being a drop kick), slamming her foot down onto the ground or into her opponent. When Mokou's foot strikes the ground, bolts of lightning rain down in a 60 degree arc in front of her, striking both airborne Pokemon and grounded Pokemon for considerable Electric damage, with a 20% chance of causing moderate paralysis (damage calculated using SpAtk and SpDef). If Mokou's foot strikes the target itself, this attack deals considerable Electric damage while causing severe localised paralysis where the opponent is hit (damage calculated using Atk and Def). These both use heavy Electric energy and Mokou has the Electric energy to use this twice. Mokou has forgotten Thunder Punch, Fire Punch and Mega Punch in learning this technique.
Hidden Power: Ice

Aya: Female Pidgeot [Level 4]
Pidgeot (Normal/Flying): Pidgeot are some of the fastest common flying Pokémon and have amazing speed and agility in the air, out flying most Pokémon. Any wind attack used by a Pidgeot is 1.2x more powerful. They also uses less energy when carrying other Pokémon and can lift 1.5x the weight that most bird Pokémon can. In its Mega Forme, its wings grow even more powerful, able to conjure wind attacks in nearly an instant. Its wind attacks are extremely fast to produce, requiring barely a second to produce something even as powerful as a Hurricane. This power also allows it to reach high speeds in very little time. It also has extremely keen aim, making its moves very difficult to dodge.
Bio: "BIG SCOOP GET!"
Signature Move: Illusionary Dominance (Grass)
Focusing heavy Grass energy into her wings, Aya flaps them to create a strong wind like Gust. However, this conjures two projections of her being to form as the winds rush towards the opponent at incredible speeds on par with Aya herself using Quick Attack, each one slamming into them for decent physical Grass damage as they explode into leaves. These projections each have a 20% chance to severely reduce accuracy by 20%, rolled separately, and the debuffs lasting for 2-3 rounds depending on general round length. This move is a wind-based attack that manifests a physical form to deal damage, if the provided description is currently inadequate, and Aya has the Grass energy to use this twice.
Hidden Power: Fighting
Attached Item: Pidgeotite

Folka: Male Red Primeape [Level 4]
Primeape (Fighting): Primeape are excellent climbers, allowing them to scale most walls and surfaces and swing from vines and branches with ease. They interpret being stared in the eyes a challenge to their authority. Thus, any eye contact will cause Primeape launch into a beserk rage. They will focus almost exclusively on the offending target to the exclusion of all other concerns unless something else starts to become a bigger problem or gets in the way of their rage. Until its target has fallen Primeape will be extremely emotional and responsive but more vulnerable to confusion. Primeape will also be winded for a few moments after its beserker rage has ended, with longer periods of rage meaning more downtime. A trainer may write a note in their bio stating that their Primeape has been trained not to enter in to the enraged state in this way.
Bio: "我が機神拳の前に敵はない!"
Signature Move: Haou Ranjuugeki (Typeless)
Charging his fists with considerable typeless energy, Folka sends forth two streams of fighting spirit, burning in the shape of dragons, which he can throw separately. These flames track the foe's fighting spirit, piercing them for good damage. There is a 50% chance that the foe will end up being cursed with a tainted spirit, beginning to lose energy every round, starting from minor energy, and increasing by a minor similar to how Toxic functions and capped at a maximum of decent energy lost every round. This can be remedied prematurely by the use of Aromatherapy, Heal Bell and Refresh. This energy loss does not contribute to exhaustion. He does not succumb to rage as easily as others in his evolutionary line, even being calmed when stared at rather becoming enraged. This status transfers to the next Pokemon sent out if removed from the battle by means of switching moves like Baton Pass or conventional switching.
Hidden Power: Psychic

Gipsy Danger: Genderless Golurk [Level 4]
Golurk (Ground/Ghost): Golurk are inorganic. Though slow and robotic, they are quite heavy and bulky for their size, allowing them to deal slightly more damage from physical attacks. Despite being very large and extremely heavy, Golurk have the astounding and mysterious ability to fly at high speeds through the air, though this can burn energy very swiftly. They are more or less permanently solid and cannot change in to the other states for extended periods, though they can become ethereal for a few seconds to lessen damage from attacks. Their invisible state is not true invisibility, but they can use Ghost energy to make themselves less visible for a short period of time.
Bio: "ELBOW ROCKET! *smashes stuff*"
Signature Attack: Elbow Rocket (GHOST)
Gipsy Danger pulls back its fist, charging major Ghost energy into it and drawing the opponent's attention. With a burst of massive speed, Gipsy Danger sends its fist crashing into the foe for major Ghost-typed damage and interrupts their move if they were about to use one. In realistic, this can cause severe bruising, even broken bones from the sheer speed of the attack. It can also leave the foe to be somewhat disoriented from the impact, but Gipsy Danger will have a 10% speed reduction for the following round to recover from the attack.
Hidden Power: Flying
Attached Token: Reaper's Token

*pulls out giant neon sign out of nowhere*

"MOKOU'S READY TO KICK SOME BUTTS INTO THE AFTERLIFE!"

Spoiler: show

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.
3DS FC: 1607 2923 7949

The Kamen Fleet (TL5 / A- Grade Referee) | Cameron Kalmia: Viridian's Maskmaker
Hizumi Yukikaze: Emerald Breeze~ | Tokikou Nobuyuki: Time Mage
Ludger Bullenaar: Bastion of Raji City | Helena Levinton: Violet Stitching
Shizuya Kasen: SHSL Armourer

Waifu Squadron and Explorers | Cavern of Chaotic Creativity

Paradise lies beyond the horizon, challenge it because it is unreachable.
Speak of the absolute territory, and grasp it with your hands.

SAAVE ME

FLOOF AND MOFUMOFU JUSTICE! *WHACK*

"Quit poking my face! >_<"
"Ahahaha, you'll never get rid of this! *hiss*"

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

"That was a terrible idea. But holy carp, this tastes pretty nice."

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Love burns brightly for one and all.

Please don't diss idols or fluffy things in my presence.
KamenAeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:09 PM   #4
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Alright then, Takeshi, into the ring!

Begin with a Bulk Up, then an MC Focus Blast.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:24 PM   #5
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Focus Energy. Hi Jump Kick over the Focus Blast!

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 06-27-2015, 07:40 AM   #6
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

ROUND 1: Jump Start

ROUND 1: Jump Start
Primeape vs Blaziken

Welcome to the Cage of Discipline Arena. A thronging crowd screams, waving banners, posters and other paraphernalia devoted to the shrine of sports. While floodlights drown a central stage and the iron cage sitting in its centre, a thrum of bloodlust ignites the atmosphere like a powderkeg. The air almost bristles with palpable tension. Under the excited gazes of the spectators walk two battlers, who take their places at opposite ends of the cage. One of them, the swarthy Gym Leader, grins at his less seasoned but competent opponent. Salty beads of sweat drip down their temples, which they wipe off with their sleeves. After they exchange a nod of respect, the two Trainers step into fighting stances. Their hands flick to their Pokéballs, ready to begin.

The Referee, a peppy man wearing a MMA headband, speaks aloud:

"We now begin a Gym Match between Apollo77 and. KamenAeons," he says, tapping numbers into his Pokédex. "Here is the data on their chosen Pokémon."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokédex
Primeape (Fighting): Primeape are excellent climbers, allowing them to scale most walls and surfaces and swing from vines and branches with ease. They interpret being stared in the eyes a challenge to their authority. Thus, any eye contact will cause Primeape launch into a beserk rage. They will focus almost exclusively on the offending target to the exclusion of all other concerns unless something else starts to become a bigger problem or gets in the way of their rage. Until its target has fallen Primeape will be extremely emotional and responsive but more vulnerable to confusion. Primeape will also be winded for a few moments after its beserker rage has ended, with longer periods of rage meaning more downtime. A trainer may write a note in their bio stating that their Primeape has been trained not to enter in to the enraged state in this way.
[Fighting]: Fighting-type Pokémon train extensively, more than any other Pokémon type, which gives them greater endurance and readiness than other Pokémon and allows them to push themselves harder for longer. They are more accurate with their physical blows and are more adept at blocking and countering the physical strikes of attackers. They fight more enthusiastically in urban environments but are not adversely affected by more natural surroundings.

Blaziken (Fire/Fighting): Blaziken are exceptional jumpers and can leap up to three times their head height. Kicking attacks will do slightly more damage then normal. Blaziken have flames on their wrists and can control whether their flames are ignited at any one time. However, they cannot use any fire attacks if their fire is not ignited. Igniting does not count as a move, and happens automatically when the Pokémon is ordered a fire attack. However, de-igniting counts as a move and they will automatically de-ignite if they fall asleep. Their flames can be used to burn foes if there is prolonged contact and can provide illumination. They are also familiar with the Flying type. As starter Pokémon, their Fire-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/4 health.
[Fire]: Fire-types fight most enthusiastically in hot and dry conditions. They are extremely difficult to burn and most can survive in hot liquids/molten lava for an extended period of time (indefinitely in the case of the Magmar and Slugma lines). If a Fire Pokémon has an exposed flame somewhere on its body, it will take a small amount of extra damage if liquid water hits the flame. Otherwise, Fire-type Pokémon are not adversely affected by taking dips in bodies of water, so long as the time is short (except in the case of the Magmar and Slugma lines, who will take damage the longer they are in the water).
[Fighting]: Fighting-type Pokémon train extensively, more than any other Pokémon type, which gives them greater endurance and readiness than other Pokémon and allows them to push themselves harder for longer. They are more accurate with their physical blows and are more adept at blocking and countering the physical strikes of attackers. They fight more enthusiastically in urban environments but are not adversely affected by more natural surroundings.
The Referee says loudly, "And let's begin in three... two... one. Release!"

From the red lights of PokéBalls converge an intrepid primate from the Primeape line called Takeshi and a fiery avian named Mokou from the Blaziken species, who emanates electric enthusiasm. Initially, the two creatures keep their distance. After a second, both battlers leap into action. While Takeshi clenches his biceps, his muscles churn with flushed energy which Bulks them Up. Within seconds, Takeshi appears as sturdy as mortar, capable of both taking and delivering a beating. Mokou herself does not dawdle, though. Closing her eyes, the Blaziken slows her breath, which deepens and lengthens. Her mind enters a tranquility which reminds the spectators of a still pond, with almost mesmeric but mysterious depths. When Mokou opens her eyes, her pupils contract with a Focus which is as sharp as a scapel's edge. This Blaziken won't be bettered. Not easily, in the field of boosts.

Noticing Mokou's own boosts, Takeshi scoffs and dons a dismissive expression. The over-glorified poultry could try to copy his techniques, but Takeshi thinks to himself that nobody could top him. A Primeape is dominant, after all. Undefeatable. Eager to prove his supremacy, Takeshi brings his fists together and charges a maelstrom of Focused power. When Takeshi swings an arm, the sphere rumbles and roars towards Mokou. However, Mokou is prepared. Exploiting her species's god-given leaping ability, the Blaziken Jumps over the Blast, which barely nicks Mokou's toes. Undaunted by this, Mokou does not even flinch and straightens her leg, swishing it down. Her Hi Kick crashes into Takeshi's face, which twists into a shocked grimace. While Mokou gracefully sashays onto the ground next to Takeshi, the Blaziken smiles sweetly. What a good start, indeed.

Mokou has opened a small health lead, but both battlers remain boosted and peppy.

-KamenAeons to order.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:55 PM   #7
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Space yourself from Takeshi by Mega Kicking him into the cage. Trap him in a Fire Spin if he tries to charge in, Bounce to evade and strike if he stays at range.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 06-29-2015, 09:27 PM   #8
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Meet his Mega Kick with a Mega Punch, using it to drive his foot to the side so you aren't hit by the full blow and aren't knocked away. Follow up with a quick Aerial Ace, hopefully being close enough to prevent Fire Spin from keeping you away.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:18 AM   #9
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

ROUND 2: Small Skirmishes

ROUND 2: Small Skirmishes
Primeape vs Blaziken

Takeshi stares at Mokou, as his face fills with utter loathing for the Blaziken. If anybody is to be the master of this ring, that master will be Takeshi. Determined to smite Mokou, Takeshi watches his opponent like a Roman sentinel. Mokou has a trump card, though. Indeed, her previous move boosted her accuracy, and she would be damned if she wasted her sensate boosts. Before Takeshi could act approach, Mokou utilises her superior kicking and Focus Energy to swivel. When she delivers a roundhouse Kick, the Mega blow crashes Takeshi into iron bars in a large thud. Takeshi groans in muted shock, but he doesn't give up. Instantly, the Primeape gets back up and lunges at his adversary. Swinging one of his enormous fists, Takeshi Punches Mokou in the stomach, as he pivots to the side.

The Mega force shatters against Mokou, who staggers backwards. Apollo's plans may not have been successful, but this is certainly a start. Surprised, Mokou staggers back, almost hitting a corner of the cage. She perhaps needs a new plan. As she takes a defensive stance, Mokou notices Takeshi edge forward in a second attack. Instinctively, the Blaziken dredges up some flames which she hurls at Takeshi. Spinning around Takeshi, a tall column of Fire erupts and traps the Primeape. While the blaze roars, Takeshi wisely halts his own attempts at an Aerial Ace, deciding that moving forward would otherwise lead him to become harmed. Besides, as long as he stays in one spot, the conflagration shouldn't truly hurt him, right? At least this round had relatively little bloodlust. Who knows what will happen next?

Both battlers exchanged a reasonable blow but remain in the first third of health. Although Mokou spent more energy, Takeshi is currently trapped in a fire tornado which should end early in the next round. Takeshi's Flying is still quite good, with very little wasted.

-Apollo77 to order.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:06 PM   #10
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Alright then, Takeshi, charge up an MC Focus Blast and release it as soon as the fire spin dies down to strike with the least possibility of any evasion. Follow that with a QC Substitute.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:35 PM   #11
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Jump over to the cage and Rock Climb it to evade the Focus Blast, before leaping off and slamming your foot on his face to counterattack. Incinerate him after if he doesn't look dazed. If you do manage to confuse him, confound him with Acrobatics instead!

End the round by activating spellcard Hollow Giant [Wu] and smashing his torso in! トウチャっ!(Where is his torso anyway?)

Three.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 07-03-2015, 04:06 AM   #12
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

ROUND 3: The Climb

ROUND 3: The Climb
Primeape vs Blaziken

The fiery tornado blusters, spitting flames, while Takeshi brings his fists together. Shimmering like a gemstone, a storm of Fighting Energy coalesces, as Takeshi distills his Focus. The swirl of power tightens into a globe, when the fire finally dissipates. Immediately, Takeshi thrusts out his hands, shooting the orb. Although Mokou squawks and tries to jump to safety, Takeshi has had both initiative and ample time, waiting for the blaze to end, to prepare this sphere. Indeed, the glittery ball smashes Mokou before she could leap. Knocked backwards, Mokou scowls but doesn't panic. She smoothly glides to a halt, as Mokou tightens her muscles. Leaping towards the cage, Mokou Climbs the bars and scuttles upwards, which reminds the spectators of a trained acrobat. When she reaches the top of the cage, Mokou then lets go and somersaults.

Plummeting like a Rock, Mokou gracefully extends a leg, and she slams her feet into Takeshi's head. The force of impact floors Takeshi, who gasps as though he could see stars. His eyes water, blurring his vision. Although he avoids confusion, Takeshi seems stunned and staggered, giving the impression of a shellshocked soldier. He bites his lip, before Takeshi shakes his head. He couldn't afford to get distracted; he has a battle to fight. After he takes a deep breath, Takeshi claps his hands, which release a soothing light around him. Quickly, a doppelgänger of the Primeape materialises, replacing Takeshi in Mokou's eyes. Fearless, Mokou is not fazed by this Substitution, though. Indeed, Mokou doesn't even blink an eyelid, as she smoothly segues into her next technique. Igniting a wreathe of fire, Mokou inhales and then belches a stream of flames, which splays and scatters across the arena.

The conflagration fans out, Incinerating the Primeape clone in a puff of white smoke. A surprised squawk rings out. When Mokou wheels around, she notices the real Takeshi, nursing his chest and stomping some flames off him. Takeshi twitches, revealing that the widespread nature of Mokou's attack did not leave him unscathed. A flush of glee fills Mokou, bubbling like champagne through her body. She did it: she managed to harm that Primeape. Elated, Mokou smiles. Maybe this is a sign for the rest of the battle. Feeling encouraged, Mokou lunges towards Takeshi again. This time, she veers her right leg, which she sheaths in a bristling electricity. Sparks skitter across her ankles, as Mokou balances on one foot and then kicks Takeshi.

The Hollow Giant barrels into Takeshi's chest with the force of a battlecruiser. Abruptly, Takeshi shudders, and his eyes bulge from their sockets. Mokou can only smirk when the tell-tale signs of paralysis begin to seep into Takeshi's torso. Despite the presence of mobility in his legs and arms, Takeshi knows that this local paralysis provides him with no favours. He will need to find a way to eke out a new advantage. And perhaps he may get that in the next round, considering the palpable exhaustion opening over Mokou's face.

While Mokou spent half her Electric and feels staggered, Takeshi is still reasonably energetic thanks to his Fighting heritage. Mokou extended her health lead, and Takeshi has some paralysis under his mouth.

-KamenAeons to order.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:33 AM   #13
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Keep your distance, loosening your limbs with a Long Term Agility. If he decides to be a heckler or you're just unable to do that, channel Mayweather and give him a good hug from behind filled with Secret Power instead. I at least think your wrists are burning.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 07-05-2015, 07:54 AM   #14
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Wait until after he uses that Agility before darting in and striking with Acrobatics.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:46 AM   #15
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

ROUND 4: ACROBAT

nb: The more often you order, the more invested that I will feel in this match. And hence, the more quickly I'll ref. We all win!

Hope y'all had a happy 4th of July (or weekend, in Kamen's case), by the way.

--

ROUND 4: ACROBAT
Primeape vs Blaziken

Considering the partial paralysis on the Primeape, Mokou tries to spend some time relaxing. She wants to catch her breath after that exhaustive round, and if Takeshi would oblige, Mokou would love to relax for a bit. Gingerly, Mokou watches Takeshi, trying to catch any possible movements. When Takeshi remains as stoic as a statue, Mokou slumps with palpable relief, almost sighing. What an opportunity to take a more defensive route. Determined not to squander her chances, Mokou starts imbuing her limbs with some energy which bolsters her Long-Term Agility. Her muscles loosen, and Mokou stretches her ligaments for maximum potential. While Mokou shakes the tension off her back, Takeshi waits for the right moment. He looks at Moukou with a gimlet gaze, when he surreptitiously summons Flying energy through his arms.

Although his mouth is paralysed, that paralysis is local, only affecting that part. Had Mokou struck an appendage, perhaps the situation would be different, compromising Takeshi's chances of using this attack entirely. Especially because the torso of a Primeape is so small compared to his arms and legs. A missed opportunity from Kamen? Nevertheless, Takeshi swings his unimpeded legs and dashes forward. Somersaulting towards his foe, Takeshi performs an Acrobatic leap and lands on Mokou. Surprised, the Blaziken tries to stagger backwards, but Takeshi swipes Mokou in the knees with a gymnast's grace, reminding the referee of a trapeze artist. Although the partial paralysis limits Takeshi's full range of motion enough to decrease the attack's maximum, the blow still stings. Mokou's eyes bulge, and the Blaziken huffs in pain. While she groans from the super-effective attack, Takeshi smirks only a foot from Mokou. His torso may be paralysed, but his appendages are not.

Although Takeshi inflicted a large blow, Mokou still maintains a small lead. The paralysis is weakening, and both battlers feel more refreshed. Flying still above half tank. Round 1 Boosts have faded away.

-Apollo77 to order.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:43 AM   #16
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

You're close, so let's take charge and use Low Sweep to knock him off his feet. If you're successful, capitalize by pinning him with Body Slam. If not, DynamicPunch him away.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:57 PM   #17
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Match him by returning a Low Sweep across his legs using the leg that isn't as injured! Rake him with a blazing display of breakdancing using Acrobatics, using the burst of speed to perhaps dodgeroll the punching ape!

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 07-20-2015, 02:37 AM   #18
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

ROUND 5: All About That Bass

ROUND 5: All About That Bass
Primeape vs Blaziken

After the Gym Leader returns from his sojourn, the round opens with bedlam. Scowling, Takeshi barrels towards Mokou and tautens his leg, right as Mokou tries to match the same technique. Who will strike first? A large thud whooshes outwards, and Mokou shouts in pain, despite her long-term agility. Wresting priority through a combination of initiative and noticeably more overall energy, Takeshi closes the short distance and kicks Mokou in the shins. Sweeping the Blaziken off her feet, the Low blow knocks Mokou down to her knees and jars the trajectory of her own attack. Indeed, only a reasonable fraction of Mokou's Low Sweep scrapes Takeshi, while the undeterred Primeape slams Mokou down like a ragdoll. Her knees throb in pain, and Mokou squawks when Takeshi tosses her onto the metallic floor. Stirring feebly, Mokou groans and nurses her wounds.

Takeshi is not finished, though. Indeed, the Primeape wastes little time to exploit Mokou's prone state. Without warning, Takeshi lunges. Slamming into Mokou, Takeshi pins his entire Body on Mokou, as he tries to spread and clamp down the Blaziken's appendages like those of a cadaver ready for dissection. However, Takeshi seems to have, in his haste, forgotten one crucial fact: a Primeape is neither heavier nor larger than a Blaziken. In fact, the contrary appears to hold true. Gritting her teeth, Mokou coats herself in a burst of Flying energy. Although the pin weakens the momentum she needs to execute this attack to its full, offensive potential, Mokou has only a little trouble tearing Takeshi off her. She heaves and pushes, heaving Takeshi off her in one fluid motion.

After she pries Takeshi off her arms, Mokou somersaults over the Primeape with the Acrobatic skill of a gymnast. Mokou smacks Takeshi in the face, and the Primeape hisses from the super-effective blow. Despite the slight weakening in the blow due to the lack of momentum and distance to fully execute the blow, Takeshi's pin has not minimised Mokou's Acrobatics. If anything, Takeshi wails, looking worse for wear. His only consolation is that he does not seem to be suffering from any more status afflictions. But how can Takeshi recover face?

Drooping from the midpoint, Mokou has extended her health lead and has dropped Takeshi into the final third of health. Mokou's Flying is at half-tank, but neither battler needs a breather. LT Agility still remains in play.

-KamenAeons to order.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:19 AM   #19
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

If you hit a wall, you break it down! Do not falter even if your legs are injured, for we shall let our fists do the talking instead!

Dynamic Punch him away from you, let the explosion be fuelled by your blazing fury! Follow through with Will-o-wisp to the face, sear him good.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 07-20-2015, 05:41 AM   #20
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

The size and weight difference between Primeape and Blaziken, fyi. Just like Nidoking, Primeape is shockingly small for a fearsome terrible 'mon! A fearsome predator... who is as tall as a grade schooler!
Old 07-20-2015, 06:22 AM   #21
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Pint sized powerhouses are scary after all.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 07-20-2015, 09:40 AM   #22
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Quickly Protect yourself from Dynamicpunch, then surprise him with Aerial Ace, maybe even darting around Will'o'Wisp if you can. Regardless, finish with a DC Earthquake.

Three~
Old 07-24-2015, 09:31 AM   #23
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

ROUND 6: Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken

Back after TAs.

ROUND 6: Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
Primeape vs Blaziken

Mokou clenches her fists, as she glowers at her opponent. Eager for blood, she sheathes her wrists in coarse, coursing energies, which smoulder like kindling embers. With a Dynamic burst of energy, Mokou lunges at Takeshi and swings a Punch. The Primeape has his own plans, though. Before Mokou can reach him, Takeshi immediately snaps his fingers, erecting a green, translucent wall in front of him. Shimmering, the shield Protects Takeshi, and Mokou's blow bounces off as though her knuckles are meeting solid metal. While Mokou scowls and slides into retreat, Takeshi breathes out a sigh of relief. He knows that was a close blow, indeed. Mokou does not dawdle, though. Transitioning effortlessly into her next attack, Mokou thrusts her palms into the air, which ignites in a constellation of bluebell flames.

When the fire condense into Will-o-wisps, Mokou throws her gimlet gaze onto Takeshi, scrutinising him like an insect under a pin. Sneering, Mokou releases the flames. Immediately, the azure fire swivels towards Takeshi, who has little space nor time to flee; the distance between him and Mokou is melee range. Takeshi scrambles, but the flickering flares dance across his left flank, scorching him with a burn. The stench of blackened fur wafts upwards, unpleasantly reminding the onlookers of cooked meat. Takeshi is dauntless, though. Indeed, the Primeape is anything if not gutsy. He is unbowed, unbent, unbroken. After he takes a calming breath, Takeshi dredges up a swathe of Flying energy, which coats his appendages.

When the fire condense into Will-o-wisps, Mokou throws her gimlet gaze onto Takeshi, scrutinising him like an insect under a pin. Sneering, Mokou releases the flames. Immediately, the azure fire swivels towards Takeshi, who has little space nor time to flee; the distance between him and Mokou is melee range. Takeshi scrambles, but the flickering flares dance across his left flank, scorching him with a burn. The stench of blackened fur wafts upwards, unpleasantly reminding the onlookers of cooked meat. Takeshi is dauntless, though. Indeed, the Primeape is anything if not gutsy. He is unbowed, unbent, unbroken. After he takes a calming breath, Takeshi dredges up a swathe of Flying energy, which coats his appendages. His muscles tauten, and Takeshi then dashes. Accelerating with the control of an Ace pilot, Takeshi swerves around the cage.

As he gains speed, the Primeape somersaults like an acrobat, when he pummels Mokou into the floor. Takeshi smacks the Blaziken, who grimaces in visible pain. Her eyes bulge, watering from the super-effective pain. However, Takeshi is far from finished. Venting his utmost frustrations, Takeshi raises his fists, which glitter with swarthy light that is a dark shade of mud. The power of the Earth itself pumps through his palms, giving the impression of a heartbeat. After he clenches his hand, Takeshi punches Mokou. And the seismic power unleashes across Mokou. Immediately, hoarse screams puncture the arena, as Mokou convulses from the super-effective attack. Although she survives with a quavering lint, is this onslaught worth the victory? Is this what Mokou wants? At least Takeshi appears rather tired after that manoeuvre, although Mokou isn't that much better herself...

Although Takeshi endures a burn and droops a bit more into the final third of health, Mokou is the one skirting critical health. Both battlers, Takeshi moreso, are roughly at their final thirds of energies and are panting heavily. Ground off-type is half gone, and Flying also has taken a large hit.

-Apollo77 to order.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:00 PM   #24
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Just a Body Slam to pin him while you're close, Takeshi, then catch your breath for next round.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:18 PM   #25
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Since he's tiring, charge forth without regrets with Brave Bird to make use of that Agility boost, catching him mid-slam and ramming him into the wall! Finish him with Flame Charge if he still stands.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles