UPN PASBL: Ger vs Lost

Ger (C) vs Lost™ (A)
3 vs 3
Singles
24 Hr DQ
Slapstick
Equiall 3
Switch = KO
Arena: Ref Choice (No lakes, oceans etc)

Neither of you are new, so let's go with... This arena!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the arena
Forest: The trees of the Forest arena are fairly densely packed, but this will only restrict the movements of larger Pokemon. The trees will obviously offer some sort of cover for battling Pokemon, and are easily climbable. Flying Pokemon may find navigating the higher reaches of the Forest hard due to the density of the branches. Rocks are easily summonable from the arena, and attacks such as Earthquake and Bulldoze will transmit readily. Setting fire to the surroundings is dissuaded and difficult due to the danger it presents, but entirely possible.
OK, you know the drill. Time to quit this innane chatter and get squadding up! Ger, if you'd please...
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Ironthunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:46 AM   #2
Ger
Cascade Badge

Thanks for taking the match Iron, and GL Lit

Everett- Level 4 Male Steelix, HP Electric (Uplevel)

Parker- Level 3 Male Galvantula , Hidden Power Rock
Bio- Parker is a very dangerous Pokemon, he enjoys watching his opponent's slowly suffer from poisonous attacks while they are trapped in his web. Finding him in the woods and capturing him was quite the challenge, not to mention he poisoned quite a few of my pokemon which he still does to this day while practicing his battling skills.
Signature Attack- VenoWeb
A poison type version of Electroweb. It shares the same damage output and energy usage as well as trapping strength , but instead of minor electric change it uses poison. Also due to the potency of Parker's venom that the web is made out of it may cause the opponent to be poisoned around the same chance as a poison sting would. Parker has forgotten Light Screen and Thief.

Barry- Level 3 Male Nidorino, Hidden Power Water

Reigns- Level 3 Male Pinsir- Hidden Power Rock (Pinsirite Attached)

Lucky- Level 3 Male Duskull, Hidden Power Dark

Waffles- Level 3 Male Dratini, HP fire

Last edited by Ger; 06-03-2015 at 10:58 AM.
Ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:20 PM   #3
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Slasher Lv. 3 Male Sandslash
"One blade, one purpose"
Hidden Power: Grass

"One blade, one purpose."

Special Training: Swordsman
Slasher, being an expert with his claws, now can use calw based moves for minor less energy than the average Sandslash and auto default to his claws for physical attacks that would make biological sense to use his claws. He has also picked up the Leaf Blade and Cross Poison techniques, with two uses for them per battle.

Alyssa Lv. 3 Female Froslass
"I'm just a little insane :3"
Hidden Power: Fighting
Alyssa is kinda out there. in fact, her mind is so shattered that it’s really hard for her to compete with things at times, or even be all there..

Special Training: Insanity
Alyssa is immune to all negative mental effects and curses, besides Ghost!Curse. However, her mental effects aren’t that great either and are very erratic, with erratic being random (as if she was under confusion), compared to other ghost types. Her ghost type moves also use a minor more energy, and same with attacks like thunder wave and toxic. Due to her erratic nature, she might not be able to follow hyper complex orders

Zephyr Lv. 3 Male Pidgeot
"I am the king of the wind"
Hidden Power: Rock
Attached: Pidgeotite
“I ma the wind god, master of winds.”
Special Training: Squall
Due to his training and mastery of the winds, Zephyr has learned Icy Wind, Silver Wind, Fairy Wind, and Blizzard with enough type energy as standard off type. His wind based moves use 20% less energy, and they also gain a 10% chance to inflict a crush claw like effect. However, his physical moves use 20% more energy to use, and they are 10% weaker than average.

Jack Lv. 3 Male Average Gourgeist
"Trick-or-treat!"
Hidden Power: Rock
Halloween. Such a wonderful holiday, isn’t it? A time where kids walk around dressed up, get candy, and carve pumpkins. However, this is a legend of a mysterious Pumpkaboo that wanders around on Halloween. THis Pumpkaboo has over the years become known as Jack.

Many trainers have attempted to find Jack, but none really have succeeded. Most found dead ends or lit up jack o'lanterns that were similar to Pumpkaboo. However, one Halloween, I stumbled into a secluded area. The heat was incredible, almost as if I was in the summer. Looking, I saw a Pumpkaboo starting at me, its lights alite. THey seemed to be fueled by fire , but how I don’t know. CHasing him down, I started to notice he couldn’t change states like other memebers of his line... It was interesting.

Upon cornering him, he used a last resort attack: Inferno. THis isn’t normally a move Pumpkaboo learns, so I found htis quite intereting. Sending out my Misdreavus, I ordered a few ghost moves on him before realizing it wasn’t dealing as much damage. Returning her, I send out my Skuntank and order poisons move. Unlike most Pumpkaboos, this one seemed pained by it.

On capture, I determined that Jack was the incarnate of what Halloween meant, but instead of being a ghost type, he was a fire type. It was interesting to say the least, maybe it’s a recessive gene in its genetics. Who really knows, but all I know is that he’s my favorite Grass/Fire Pokemon around.

Special Training: Halloween Incarnate (Grass/Fire)
Jack is now a Grass/Fire type, with all associated weaknesses and resistances. He loses the ability to change his state, but remains familiar with the ghost type. HE also loses Trick-or-treat, Shadow Sneak, and Thief for inferno. Lastly, his Headlights are able to be lighten up for a light amount of energy each round, giving him a small Sunny Day boost to himself. This boost does not apply to his SCs nor Solarbeam, as it doesn't create enough light for those to be taken into effect, just the boosts to fire moves. Using this counts as a move.

Honey Lv. 3 Female Lopunny
"Don't think I'm sweet by my name."
Hidden Power: Fairy

Honey grew up as an acrobat in a circus, and has picked up a few fast moves whiel training.

Special Training: Acrobat
Due to intense training, Honey has picked up the moves Aerial Ace, Acrobatics, and Comet Punch. She is also more limber and harder to catch, and easily can work her way around the battlefield.

Mercury Lv. 3 Male Pikachu
"As fast as lightning"
Hidden Power: Grass
“Faster than light.”
Special Training: Quicksilver
Mercury is incredibly fast and agile for his species, and his lithe movements are hard to catch. He is considered to have a permanent long term agility on himself. However, use of dodging moves cost 10% more energy.

Honey, to battle!

Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 05:42 PM   #4
Ger
Cascade Badge

Barry you're up, Horn Attack follow up with Poison Jab if they try to keep distance use Sludge Bomb instead of either move.

Old 06-03-2015, 05:55 PM   #5
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince

Baton Pass out to Slasher.

Ghost Legion

Old 06-04-2015, 12:43 PM   #6
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Round 1: Gr8 B8 M8 I R8 8/8

Somewhere, deep in the Middle of Nowhere woods, two trainers come for a battle. Their ref is sat in one of the trees, ready and waiting for the battle to commence. Without further ado, the two trainers hurl their Pokeballs into the arena, revealing a Lopunny named Honey for Lost, and Ger's Nidorino, Barry.

SCs in the spoiler.
Spoiler: show
Lopunny (Normal): Lopunny are able to jump much higher than the typical Pokémon. They can use their ears in attacks, allowing them to extend their range for physical attacks. Their Charm, Attract, and similar attacks are more effective than normal.
[Normal]: Normal-type Pokémon generally have a bit less off-type energy than other Pokémon. Normal-types which usually have a secondary type do not suffer from this drawback unless specified. In the ASB, Normal-types take resisted damage from the damaging effects of Ghost-type energy.
Nidorino (Poison): Nidorino have sensitive hearing, at the expense of being more vulnerable to sound based status attacks. Nidorino are the most tenacious of the Nidoran family and the hardest to scare. Attacks made using their horn deal 1.1x damage and Pokémon who make contact with Nidorino using a physical move have a 10% chance of being poisoned.
[Poison]: Poison-type Pokémon are highly resistant to poisoning. Their Poison-type attacks are slightly more likely to succeed in poisoning their targets than those used by other Pokémon and the effects will be slightly more potent. They also have an additional 5% chance to poison the target when using physical attacks with their most venomous appendages e.g. a Seviper's tail, a Nidoking's horn.

Barry initiates proceedings here, dashing across the forest floor to deliver a... rather anticlimatic Attack with his Horn, sending Honey the bunny stumbling backwards with the force of the attack, although it could probably have done better. That rabbit does not want to be around for long though, as it summons a Baton, before Passing it to it's team-mate, Slasher, the imaginitively-named Sandslash.
Spoiler: show
Sandslash (Ground): Sandslash have powerful claws, boosting claw based attacks by 20% and making them excellent diggers. While not 'bouncy' in Defense Curl, they are spiky and any Pokémon which come into physical contact with them will take minor damage when they are so curled. Sandslash can see in the dark and have bodies full of sand, letting them produce Sandstorms without relying on the sand in the arena. They fight more enthusiastically in sandy or dusty areas.
[Ground]: Ground-type Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 0.75x the usual damage from Electric-type attacks. If a Ground-type is wet, electric attacks affect it normally (unless the Pokémon is naturally wet/slimy, like Quagsire). Ground types do not suffer from recoil damage when using Electric attacks in the water. Ground-type Pokémon are more adept at manipulating outdoor and 'natural' environments than other Pokémon and will spend less energy using Dig, Earthquake etc. They typically have slightly more Rock energy than other Pokémon if they naturally learn attacks of that type.

Summary
Barry is yet to take a hit this round, and is comfortably into his first third energywise. Slasher used no energy and took zero damage. Honey did take damage however, dipping into her first third in both health and energy, although not losing much of either. She is currently resting in her Pokeball.

Lost to order.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.

Last edited by Ironthunder; 06-04-2015 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:58 PM   #7
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince

Round ends on switching second, unless they changed that.

Ghost Legion

Old 06-04-2015, 01:35 PM   #8
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Does it? OK, editing.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:38 PM   #9
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince

DC Earthquake, then Crush Claw.

Ghost Legion

Old 06-04-2015, 07:05 PM   #10
Ger
Cascade Badge

Counter the DC Earthquake, follow up with Water Pulse (Wave) , and then Blizzard (Three)

Old 06-06-2015, 08:42 AM   #11
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Round 2: Right back at ya!

Slasher begins this round, charging energy into his claw, before slamming into Barry's face with the power of an Earthquake! Shame he didn't see the reddish aura around Barry though, as he launches a Counter strike, sending the Ground type flying! Not something you see every day, even in ASB. Following this setback, Slasher charges his opposition, Crushing it with his Claws! The Nidorino dislikes this, somewhat unsurprisingly, and unleashes a Pulsing wave of Water, knocking the ground type back, as well as getting it thoroughly soggy. Deciding to follow up on this, Barry summons freezing energies around his mouth, before unleashing the torrential Blizzard at his foe! When the winds die down, the Sandslash is looking somewhat... worse for wear.

Summary
Slasher took a huge whack this round, crashing past its health midpoint, while Barry is comfortably within his own first third. Regarding energy, Barry blew through his first third already, and is kind of in need of a break. Slasher is still in his first third by quite a way, and is good for two. His legs are frozen in place from the Blizzard, and he was lucky to escape a full-body freeze.

Let's see if Ger can press their advantage...
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:35 AM   #12
Ger
Cascade Badge

Water Pulse

Old 06-06-2015, 10:40 AM   #13
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince

Bulldoze him out of that with your claws, then an earthquake.

Ghost Legion

Last edited by Lil'twick; 06-06-2015 at 10:49 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:27 PM   #14
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Round 3: A few hours after originally intended...

Barry summons up an orb of Water energy, clearly intending to fire off a Pulse of the crap at the spiny thing. But Slasher wants nothing of the sort anywhere near him, and like anyone would, they try interrupt the attack by Bulldozing the poisonous... what the fuck even is a Nidorino anyway? Some sort of poisonous unicorn rabbit? Anyway, it manages to slam its claws into the ground hard enough to knock Barry out of attacking. Laughing, the Sandslash summons his powers, before slamming his claws into the dirt, causing an Earthquake! As the tremors die off, we can see that the Nidorino looks a bit bruised and shaken up after that one. Oh, and also the ice has gone from Slasher's legs. Bet that'll leave a mark...

Summary
Barry took a big knock this round, leaving him on the wrong side of his health midpoint. Slasher, however, was untouched. Energywise, Barry is now further into his second third, while Slasher burned his way through some more of his own first third. Barry has the offtype for another Water Pulse, while Slasher's legs are recovering from the freeze. Both are good for two after Barry's one-mover, although Slasher might start needing a break soon.

Lost to order.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.

Last edited by Ironthunder; 06-07-2015 at 01:57 PM. Reason: I fucked up Barry's offtype.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:02 AM   #15
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince

Another DC Earthquake, then hit him with another.

Ghost Legion

Old 06-07-2015, 10:13 AM   #16
Ger
Cascade Badge

Sucker Punch when he gets in close for DC Earthquake, then blast him with Water Pulse

Last edited by Ger; 06-07-2015 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:57 PM   #17
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

OK, after looking back at my notes and whatnot, I realize I fucked up that last reffing slightly in that Barry has enough Water for one Water Pulse, not two. Edited, Ger can reorder.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:23 PM   #18
Ger
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
OK, after looking back at my notes and whatnot, I realize I fucked up that last reffing slightly in that Barry has enough Water for one Water Pulse, not two. Edited, Ger can reorder.
Edited my order

Old 06-07-2015, 02:57 PM   #19
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Round 4: I'm running out of ways to describe DC EQ here...

Slasher moves in, rather slowly, intending to land an Earth-quaking blow to his enemy! Barry wants none of this shit though, and charges up his Dark energy before using it to Punch the Sucker, knocking him out of that rather unpleasant attack. How a Nidorino punches is beyond me, but whatever. Displeased by this show of defiance from the quadruped, the Sandslash prepares... the same attack again. Yet another Earth-quaking punch. Barry has other plans however, and fires off a Pulse of Water again to stop the Ground type, which lands square on because his legs are still recovering from the freeze. Slasher looks around, a touch bewildered, before staggering forwards and swinging his earth-charged claw wildly, landing a lucky partial to the unlucky poisonous unicorn rabbit.

Summary
Barry took a knock, sliding into his last third, while Slasher is within sight of critical health. Energywise, however, Barry crashed through his midpoint, while Slasher left its first third. Barry has absolutely no Water offtype left, and enough Dark for another Sucker Punch. Barry's good for two, Slasher is confused and could do with a break, but has recovered from the after-effects of the freeze.

Ger to order.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:58 PM   #20
Ger
Cascade Badge

Natural Gift x2

Old 06-07-2015, 03:03 PM   #21
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince

Bulldoze him out of both, then a DC EQ.

Three.

Ghost Legion

Old 06-07-2015, 03:57 PM   #22
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Round 5: Tiredness kills.

Barry, taking initiative, summons up some Natural power, before sending the Gift to his foe, who is too confused and tired to get the Bulldoze off in time, meaning he's hit by the energy blast, and is knocked down. Ouchy ouchy pain pain you get the fucking picture. So Barry does it again. And guess what? The Ground type's too slow to react. Slasher's down again and he ain't getting back up anytime soon.

Slasher is unable to battle! Lost, next Pokemon please.

Summary
Barry was untouched and is probably good for two, although probably won't be for long. He's down towards the wrong end of his second third of energy.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:21 PM   #23
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince

Honey, back out. Dizzy Punch x2.

Ghost Legion

Old 06-08-2015, 07:29 AM   #24
Ger
Cascade Badge

Double Kick , Poison Jab with your horn.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:25 PM   #25
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Round 6: And on the umpteenth rewrite...

Recalling his fallen comrade, Lost returns Honey the Lopunny to the field once more, who begins proceedings by launching a Punch of Dizzying power into Barry's face! The quadruped reels from the blow, before lunging in to deliver a vicious Double Kick to the rabbit's face, knocking it back and over. Righting itself, Honey lunges at her foe, using her vastly superior agility to land another Dizzying Punch! Barry, standing up after that hit, looks around slightly bewildered, before lunging out with a Poisonous Jab, hitting the Lopunny square on by some fluke, and poisoning it to boot!

Summary
Barry's down to just above critical health, and is barely above his final third of energy, while Honey is down into its first third on both health and energy. Honey is poisoned though. Both should be good for two, Ger's up to order.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL