Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Well I don't know I wanted to deal damage and Starmie is inorganic :X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Starmie is a starfish, it is not inorganic :p
Quote:
Kush I'm TL1. How am I supposed to know things if you don't tell me them?
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Eliteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 02:17 PM   #152
Mew The Gato
Smile

Darmanitan Round 38: Boom

Minatao is not going to go down without landing one last blow to the opposition, and it would appear that it wants to make this last strike as deadly and impressive as possible, far more than any of the other attacks it has pulled off, the effect of which in themselves has not been inconsiderable. Right away, it takes the fight to the foe, using its claws to get a grip on the serpent, even as it moves its main body side to side as dramatically as possible. This Swagger calls upon the more primal instincts of the usually mild Dragon Pokemon. Indeed, it seems that he is not going to be backing down now. He will accept the Metang's challenge. However, considering how weakened it is, this may not actually be as good news for it as it wants. It is taking a risk here, a risk of being finished off right away. Fighting against his exhaustion, Scar uses up the rest of his Water Type energy to somehow propel water out of his mouth with the force of a Pump, the stream of Hydro think despite his mouth being tiny enough to be invisible to most. At this point, the Iron Claw Pokemon does not have the strength to hold on, pushed through the air, and losing his grip.

Nevertheless, Minatao has not taken to battle to get away without a real impact. Of course, it has already made great progress, but now that it has been forced to a sliver of its health, it wishes to use up all of its remaining resources for one final attack. It is clear to the Metang that its opponent is far too tired to retaliate. He has already been notably tired, and after the unload first thing in the round... he may not be able to muster up any resistance. The Iron Claw Pokemon desperately looks for something powerful, yet fast enough that it can make use of the time that its adversary's tiredness has brought it. The answer is clear to it. It must make a great sacrifice. Without a shadow of a doubt, this is its last contribution to the battle, but it must make it count. It starts to glow, gathering energy far too fast with consideration to its sheer quantity. And before the exhausted Dratini is able to stop it - just a little longer, and it might have made it -- a colossal Explosion takes place. Trees collapse, there is a deafening roar of destruction, a violent splatter. Far away, Scar... slowly... shakily raises his head. His opponent, however, is lying motionless, covered in mud, steaming.

Minatao is unable to battle. Next Pokemon, and orders, from SilentReaper, please.

Draco has fallen into his last third of health, although he is feeling better for energy. Water Type energy reserves are extinguished.
Mew The Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 06:08 PM   #153
SilentReaper
Thunder Badge

Yukari(Pidgeot)
Airbender: (various)
Yukari can now use Fairy wind, icy wind, silver wind, and petal blizzard. She has the offtype to use each twice per match. Due to being taught to not be as reckless to be one with the wind, she can no longer use double edge, or brave bird.

Immediately Mega Evolve and let loose a Fairy Wind and an Icy wind.

C Grade Referee
PASBL Squad
SilentReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 06:11 PM   #154
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

thunderbolt. Protect. Thunderbolt

PASBL Squad l C+ Grade Ref l Grass Gym Trainer

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Old 01-03-2016, 02:27 PM   #155
Mew The Gato
Smile

Galvantula Round 39: Shock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentReaper
Yukari: Level 3 Female Pidgeot
Hidden Power: Fire
Attached: Pidgeotite

Airbender: (various)
Yukari can now use Fairy wind, icy wind, silver wind, and petal blizzard. She has the offtype to use each twice per match. Due to being taught to not be as reckless to be one with the wind, she can no longer use double edge, or brave bird.

The battle is approaching its final matchup, and SilentReaper decides that it is the correct time to reveal a secret item. And to reveal it, he releases, to replace the fallen Metang, its wielder -- a Pidgeot.

Quote:
Pidgeot (Normal/Flying): Pidgeot are some of the fastest common flying Pokémon and have amazing speed and agility in the air, out flying most Pokémon. Any wind attack used by a Pidgeot is 1.2x more powerful. They also uses less energy when carrying other Pokémon and can lift 1.5x the weight that most bird Pokémon can. In its Mega Forme, its wings grow even more powerful, able to conjure wind attacks in nearly an instant. Its wind attacks are extremely fast to produce, requiring barely a second to produce something even as powerful as a Hurricane. This power also allows it to reach high speeds in very little time. It also has extremely keen aim, making its moves very difficult to dodge.
Yukari immediately takes to the air, and, as she flaps her wings for the first time in the battle, she is surrounded by a prismatic aura. It spreads, the colours shifting constantly, creating a shell around her. And then, with another powerful flap of her wings, it is shattered, the light being pushed away by the new power of her wings, dissipating to give way to the Mega Pokemon. She performs a somersault in the air, the vibrantly-coloured feathers on her head rippling, and her long crest sailing behind. Meanwhile, the Dratini is already readying himself to get a quick, powerful strike on the Mega Pidgeot. True to his Dragon heritage, he has impressive elemental control, even before evolution, and the fin-like appendages on the side of his head quiver as electricity begins to emanate from the short stump on his forehead. The still immature horn then releases an outburst of Bolts, the crackle of Thunder heralding the attack, but being the fresher, and so adept at doing so, his opponent manipulates the Winds, a mere flap allowing him to imbue the air with the power of a Fairy. Already charged and mobilized, it does not need a reminder to go to meet the electricity.

The gust pushes right on, blowing Scar away once again, a light splash taking place as his long, serpentine body lands on the soft, marshy ground once again. Due to being busy with attacking, it would appear that Yukari herself has taken a direct hit, but no matter. She believes that she will be able to finish her adversary off soon enough to render this damage a non-issue. Certainly, she has confidence that she can still take on her other opponent -- this burden has still not become heavy enough to overwhelm her. She has to make sure that things remain this way, and to that end, she repeats her previous movements. Immediately, the slightest sign of a change in the rate of the beating of his opponent's wings -- they are more prone to simply being stretched out, effortlessly keeping the Mega Pidgeot airborne -- causes the Dratini to tense. Hastily, he tries to take defensive measures. And not a moment too soon, because just as a green aura spreads around the Dragon Type, forming a shield to Protect its creator, the Bird Pokemon grants the air under his wings an Icy tint, and commands it to race forth and end this matchup right here and now. The Wind advances once again.

However, although the translucent nature of the shield allows Scar to see the faint blue energy mixed with the mobile air, it does not reach his body. The barrier does its task well enough, the attack itself not being overwhelming in power outside its intended super effective nature, for all the airbending skill that the Mega Pidgeot possesses. It is then that Scar finally uses one of the two remaining three movers on his side. At the cost of his remaining Electric Type energy, he calls upon the crackle of Thunder. Knowing that he does not have much time, he gives his all to the Bolts that he summons, the roots of a piercing horn once again shooting a powerful electrical discharge in Yukari's direction. There is a flash of light through the somber atmosphere, and sure enough, it results in a countless sum of singed feathers. However, owing to the sheer aerial ability of the Bird Pokemon, and the evolutionary and Mega Evolution boost that she posses, the results of the attack are not as serious as they could have been.

Yukari is nearing her second third of health, while Scar is into critical health range, his Electric Type energy diminished. Yukari is fresh, but Scar is once again tired after the three mover.
Old 01-03-2016, 03:27 PM   #156
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Ice beam 2x

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:13 PM   #157
SilentReaper
Thunder Badge

Use its tired state to unleash a quick Fairy Wind.

C Grade Referee
PASBL Squad
Old 01-04-2016, 11:21 AM   #158
Mew The Gato
Smile

Umbreon Round 40: The Reveal

Scar has got some success, at least, in the previous round, actually surviving a super effective assault from a Mega Pokemon while inflicting more damage in retaliation... but it would appear that this is the extent of his accomplishments at this point. He pants, having gone through an intense series of rounds. After expending so much of his surprising power, it is only natural that he wants -- and deserves -- a rest. Perhaps Yukari notices this, because she immediately gets to work making sure that the Dratini does not have to keep struggling further. Before he can even begin with another round of super effective moves, the Mega Pidgeot performs a somersault in the air, quickly charging his body with Fairy Type energy in the process. And then, he rises higher, moving backwards, and with not more than the slightest effort, he sends a third gust of Wind his adversary's way. The Dragon Type is in no state to get out of the way, especially not in this state, not against this particular Pokemon, and he does not have enough health to survive it. He groans softly and weakly, and being thrown around the arena one last time, he meets the arms of defeat.

Scar is unable to battle! Please send Anaconda the Arbok into battle!

Yukari's Fairy Type energy is diminished.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:58 PM   #159
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Quote:
Anaconda Level 3 Male Arbok

Arbok (Poison): Arbok are fairly intimidating Pokémon and their fear-inducing attacks are more effective, as are their poisons. They can see in the dark and are good swimmers that can hold their breath longer than most Pokémon. They are also fairly effective burrowers, digging at a greater speed than the average non-Ground-type.

Bio: Anaconda was born in a small swamp near a nuclear power plant. One day the power plant had a leak and the chemicals seeped into the swamp. Anaconda was trapped within the cesspool and as a result underwent mutations.

Sig: Anaconda's Rage [Poison]
Anaconda has increased 1.25x in size and 2x in weight, due to this his fear based attacks are more effective on opposing Pokémon. Due to his Size, Anaconda no longer benifits from his SC about the use of Dig. He also lost the ability to use the following moves: Attract, Confide, Substitute, Captivate. return, frustration, double team, sunny day, rain dance, haze and snore.

HP Ground
Sludge bomb then send a dark pulse towards it

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:41 PM   #160
SilentReaper
Thunder Badge

Whip up a Twister, using the winds created to ascend higher. Fire off a MC Hyperbeam, while passively circling Arbok in the skies.

C Grade Referee
PASBL Squad
Old 01-05-2016, 02:53 PM   #161
Mew The Gato
Smile

Dragonair Round 41: Earth And Sky

A long battle, it is finally approaching its conclusion. Five Pokemon have fought on both sides, and now, the sixth Pokemon from one team is going to show itself. Eliteknight returns Scar to his Pokeball... only to replace him with an even greater serpent.

Quote:
Arbok (Poison): Arbok are fairly intimidating Pokémon and their fear-inducing attacks are more effective, as are their poisons. They can see in the dark and are good swimmers that can hold their breath longer than most Pokémon. They are also fairly effective burrowers, digging at a greater speed than the average non-Ground-type.
A single look on Anaconda makes it clear to even the Mega Pokemon that it would not be a good situation to end up in his clutches. With his incredible bulk, he could crush her, steal her from the wide skies that she loves so much. He seems to be in his element, the swamp providing ample opportunity for utilization of both his digging and swimming prowess, and although his size makes maneuvers difficult, the arena would be a very pleasant place for him to coil up and go to sleep in. This, he decides, would be a most agreeable territory, but there is a very prominent intruder. To banish her, the Abrok rears up, his hood stretched out. And then, he opens his mouth, spitting out several orbs of energy laced intensely with poison, and it not long before the toxins absorb this energy, spreading into orbs of Sludge. But even as she flaps her wings to ascend, Yukari manages to whip up a powerful Twister, the winds obeying her will with little apparent resistance, swirling to form a powerful vortex. They tear through part of the opposing attack, sending the remnants flying in random directions, and the little that strikes the Mega Pidgeot is not especially painful for her.

The only thing preventing the Arbok from blown away is his own impressive bulk. He lets out a snarl, and even Yukari cannot help but feel a pang of dread. There is something foreboding about facing such a large and mighty opponent, and if not for her own nearly unparalleled flight capabilities, she fears for what might have happened. Her attention is, in particular, attracted by the pattern on her opponent's hood, and its resemblance to a ghastly expression, full of malice. And it is perhaps this negative energy that is exploited by her adversary, Anaconda's patterns glowing, before Pulses of Darkness shoot out from them, the waves accelerating up towards the skies to meet their opponent. Although the Mega Pidgeot is a very capable flier, her fear gives way to a direct hit this time around. This, however, is not going to go unanswered. A warrior of the skies, so experienced at airbending, she has to fight in the face of fear. She flies an arc in the air, her mouth sparkling orange. And then, a Beam shoots out, perhaps not as impressive as the winds summoned by the Bird Pokemon, but powerful in its own right, earning a hostile hiss from the serpent.

Anaconda has taken more damage, but has a lead over Yukari, who has fallen into her second third of health. The former's Dark Type energy is enough for another Dark Pulse.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:26 PM   #162
SilentReaper
Thunder Badge

Send down another Twister, picking up the swamp water. Continue the assault with an Ominous Wind, boosts please. Stay on the move.

C Grade Referee
PASBL Squad
Old 01-05-2016, 05:48 PM   #163
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

sucker punch, rock slide then finish with a gunk shot

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:16 PM   #164
Mew The Gato
Smile

Tyranitar Round 42: On The Move

Yukari soars, careful to remain well out of her opponent's reach. Her sharp eyes notice a deeper part of the swamp, and she flies off to put it between her opponent and herself. She does not flap, but utilizes her tail feathers to propel herself, tilting it as she suddenly flies in a circle, and even just this single, swift motion is enough to force another vicious Twister into being, the destructive concentration of swirling winds mercilessly advancing to vanquish anything in its way. Once again, however, the sheer bulk of the Arbok is enough to allow him to remain grounded; he finds himself pushed, not very far. Strong as his opponent's winds may be, he is a still a mountain to her. It would appear that something is wrong, however. He realizes that despite his colossal stature, there is no way he is going to be able to reach high enough to get a Sucker Punch on the airborne Pokemon. Instead, he has to settle for raising his tail and slamming it into the ground, causing the ground in front of him to give way to a large boulder, which erupts from the soft soil. With a mighty headbutt, he shatters it, and the shards of Rock are sent flying in the Mega Pidgeot's direction.

Her aerial prowess and height allows her to attempt rising high, although her feet are smashed painfully. As the projectiles fall back, she clenches and opens her talons, trying to get over the pain, to regain their ability to slash and sting with impunity. She figures that she does not want to get close to her opponent, anyway, however, and instead, she simply calls upon the mysterious forces of the Ghost Type, Ominous shadows drawing darker onto her wings. She swoops down, but not too far, quickly transitioning into a somersault in order to gain height once again. The Wind that this whirling piece of acrobatics sends forth seems to catch Anaconda off-guard, but he weathers the attack, Yukari not being left with any boosts. Ensuring that the distance does not keep him from keeping up his poisonous reputation, however, the Arbok fills his mouth to the brim with Gunk, his cheeks bulging, his teeth dripping the substance. With a powerful Shot, he manages to evoke a high-pitched squawk of pain from the Mega Pidgeot. However, as the remains of the sludge fall off, unable to cling to her feathers at this speed, she manages to avoid poisoning.

Yukari is on her way to her last third of health, but Anaconda has also crashed out of his first third of health, and is beginning to tire, his Rock Type energy enough for another Rock Slide and a little more.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:39 PM   #165
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Rock slide.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:52 PM   #166
SilentReaper
Thunder Badge

Use Fly to dodge and strike, arcing back into the after the hit. Whip up a Hurricane, using the winds created to climb higher into the air.

C Grade Referee
PASBL Squad
Old 01-07-2016, 02:36 PM   #167
Mew The Gato
Smile

Articuno Round 43: The End Is Nigh

Anaconda, like a wounded beast, is growing ever more aggressive. He is descending into more chaos, lashing out with all his plentiful might. He is quickly leaving any restraint behind. It is all or nothing for him. It is less that he is worried or afraid, and more that he has been provoked, enraged even beyond the usual. He begins to thrash around, and his sheer strength manages to force another boulder to the surface. He then proceeds to coil around it, squeezing it until, with a crunching sound, cracks appear on the surface. Then, he unwinds himself from it, and simply gives it a mighty blow from his tail. The Rocks, broken apart from each other, together fly towards Yukari, but her flight capabilities are nigh unrivaled. With one powerful flap of her wings, she rises higher, and using her tail, she tilts her body enough to gracefully move to the side, impressively clearing the entirety of the attack. Finally, she manages to gather the courage to face her opponent head on, her wings spread as she swoops down. Although the Arbok rears his head, she slashes the beast across the face, much to his agony, and keeps going, quickly changing direction to try to regain some of her altitude. With her skill, however, this is not a tall order, and it is only when she decides that she is safe that she turns around. She flaps her wings harder than ever, the attack needing some effort even for a master of winds such as herself. Yet, a Hurricane -- although only in name -- forms, the powerful swirling winds so powerful that they actually hinder her control in flight. She resorts to catch the winds and simply gliding, exhausted from the effort, while her opponent finally, for once, budges despite his immense bulk. She has done her worst this round, but there is more for her to do.

Yukari has exhausted herself, but has left her opponent well into his last third of health. He has been refreshed, but his Rock Type energy is running low.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:43 PM   #168
SilentReaper
Thunder Badge

Fantastic, Yukari. Now send down an Air Slash barrage, stay as evasive as you can.

C Grade Referee
PASBL Squad
Old 01-07-2016, 05:52 PM   #169
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

sludge bomb 2x doing your best to avoid the slash

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:00 PM   #170
Mew The Gato
Smile

Absol Round 44: Another Step

Yukari does not seem to be at the top of her game after the series of unloads, but she chirps in acknowledgement of the compliment. She keeps her gazed fixed on her opponent however, now moving slower than usual. She may be extremely nimble under usual circumstances, but these are not. She has the upper hand, and that gives her some confidence, but the frightening patterns on her opponent's hood are still menacing. The sooner she manages to overcome this adversary, she figures, the sooner she is going to be rid of her very source of fear. Things are going to be fine if only she can maintain this lead. Her wing slicing through the Air just once, nearly too fast for the eye to follow, the Slash solidifies it into something sharp, the projectile striking Anaconda accurately despite her exhaustion, owing not only to his sheer size, but also to her excellent aim. Seizing an opportunity to try to turn things around -- although the Arbok would be content with attacking and crippling the Mega Pidgeot even if he did not have any chance of standing up to her, if only for the satisfaction of doing so -- he lets out a loud snarl. He stretches his hood as much as he can.

Ready to make an effort to finally outdamage his opponent, Anaconda opens his mouth, his naturally flexible jaws providing ample space for the spheres of poisonous energy to leave them, shooting towards their target. Soon, they begin to leave subtle trails of Sludge, until they materialize into such directly. Usually, this would not be much of a threat to Yukari, but she is really not ready to dodge much at the moment, her exhaustion having left her helpless in the face of this attack. She squawks in pain, but she manages to hold on. She is being motivated by the fact that her trainer appreciates her efforts. It fills her with such happiness that she is willing to take whatever comes her way, just to keep from letting him down. The Arbok is determined to not make this easy for him, however. Once again, he gathers purple energy inside his mouth, and proceeds to release another barrage of glowing spheres. They quickly lose their luster, materializing into some sickening Sludge. This round of Bombs sticks to the Mega Pidgeot's feathers, and she realizes that she has been poisoned. She has to end things once and for all, before it is too late...

Anaconda has closed a notable amount of the lead, and has even left Yukari poisoned, but she is now refreshed.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:34 PM   #171
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

venoshock, Then follow up with a gunk shot.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:45 PM   #172
SilentReaper
Thunder Badge

Fly to avoid the venoshock and strike. Use Hurricane put it down.

C Grade Referee
PASBL Squad

Last edited by SilentReaper; 01-08-2016 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:30 AM   #173
Mew The Gato
Smile

Dragonair Round 45: Probably The Longest Battle I Have Refereed

This is it. Both Pokemon are nearly on their last legs, and are rather close. Yukari recognizes this as a chance to finish her opponent off once and for all, but she is not going to allow herself to get careless now. She wants to save her remaining teammate the trouble, and finish off their final foe by herself. Anaconda demonstrates his signature's name very well, hissing and releasing as loud a sound as he can, even as his fangs drip Venom. However, she cannot simply reach out and inject it. Instead, to give his airborne opponent, who perhaps thinks that she is safe in the sky, a Shock, he releases a blast of the scorching poison. The Mega Pidgeot is ready, however, having recovered well enough since the last round. She has to perform her best to end this on a high note. Expertly, she swings to the side, flapping backwards. She arcs around in the air, and she does so with effortless grace, her deftness an impressive and admirable sight. It is time, once again, for her to take the bull by the horns, and she wills her fury to descend upon the Arbok, who screeches as her claws rake him on the face once again. Cautiously enough, she pulls away, not willing to tempt fate.

Anaconda is not done yet, however. He is not on his last legs, because he never had any. He might not be able to withstand another attack, but he cares little, as long as he can end his opponent before she even has a chance to do so. Rebelling against the odds, he releases a huge Shot of Gunk from his mouth as his adversary tries to escape, earning a good blast on her, all but her wide wingspan consumed by the attack. She plummets, but even this degree of pain is not enough to steal her away from the air. She yet has some fight left in her. She thinks of the joy of victory she would be able to relish if she wins, and she can have a nice, long rest. She might love the skies, but resting her wings sounds like a good idea to her. Before that, however, she has to rid the area of a great menace. One final attack. That is all she needs. Rising higher and higher, she beats her wings with all she is worth, contributing more and more of her strength for her cause. With little warning, the wind that picks up swirls into a Hurricane, and the Arbok is the one to be consumed by an opposing attack this time. The vortex, without restraint, exhausts the last remnants of his ability to battle.

Anaconda is unable to battle. Murder.Exe, Frosch, Yukino, Minato, Yukari and SilentReaper are the winners of this battle.

The remaining Pokemon was Kou the Torterra.

SilentReaper receives 6 Knockouts and 12 Trainer Points.
Eliteknight receives 6 Trainer Points.
Mew The Gato receives 12 Service Points.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL