Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Well I don't know I wanted to deal damage and Starmie is inorganic :X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Starmie is a starfish, it is not inorganic :p
Quote:
Kush I'm TL1. How am I supposed to know things if you don't tell me them?
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Eliteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 02:53 PM   #52
Mew The Gato
Smile

Snorlax Round 14: Bite Down

Frosch, although panting slightly, seems to be in a rather satisfied state, knowing that she easily has the upper hand. Although a naturally cautious Pokemon, she does not seem to be too worried at the moment, a soft smirk nearly hidden under her snout. Nonetheless, a soft splash can be heard as she takes a step back, ready to defend herself if need be. She concludes that it would be the safest if she were to set up another shield, her eyes glowing softly as the air in front of her takes on the same hue for the third time. The pink spreads as the Espeon draws a Screen of Light in the air yet again, which only seems to make her feel even more safe and secure. However, the predator is a dedicated one; he is not going to let his opponent go so easily. He takes a step back himself, but not as a gesture of caution. On the contrary, he seems to be as aggressive as ever, being forced to a more damaged state making him agitated. His eyes almost seem to glint with rage as he lowers his skull, his long mane visible above his head, before jumping forward and breaking right through the barrier. With their proximity, he strikes the Psychic Type with a Headbutt when she is least expecting it, dealing some fair damage.

Although much thinner and frail-looking, Frosch turns out to be a tough Pokemon, still able to hold her own against the seemingly more powerful quadruped. This defiance is not something that pleases Sparky in the least, because he is ready to unleash his own typespam. He bares his fangs, cloaking them with Dark Type energy, before lunging forward. Despite her nimbleness and potent telepathic powers, the Espeon's tired state makes her helpless as the Mega Manectric's mouth manages to get a grip on her neck, Crunching down with his deadly teeth. The stinging pain is accompanied by a flood of super effective energies, prompting the Psychic Type to slump forward and cry out in pain. As the Electric Type releases his grip, she staggers, but manages to keep her footing. Clearly still unsatisfied, the Electric Type decides to go on ahead with another attack in a row, despite his clear tiredness. Fighting back his pants, he begins to collect energy around his mane, which glows like a bolt of lightning, before he lets out a brilliant Discharge at point-blank range. Promptly, the power of the attack forces the Sun Pokemon to limply fall to the ground, her body quiver, and her muscles locking up.

Frosch is moderately Paralyzed, and has crashed under the half mark for health. She is much fresher, however, while Sparky is exhausted.
Mew The Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 04:32 PM   #53
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Keep your distance. If it comes in range use a Crunch

PASBL Squad l C+ Grade Ref l Grass Gym Trainer

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:57 PM   #54
SilentReaper
Thunder Badge

Dazzling Gleam as you retreat and a Psyshock as you continue to retreat.

C Grade Referee
PASBL Squad
SilentReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:27 PM   #55
Mew The Gato
Smile

Galvantula Round 15: Trapped

The Mega Manectric creeps away, although still growling all the while. He does not take his eyes off his opponent even as he pants, trying to maintain distance. However, the glare in his eyes and the sound emanating from his throat is indication enough for Frosch to know that it would not be a good idea to approach. She instead decides to attack from a distance, but as she shakily rises to her feet, Sparky's growl grows louder. The Espeon tries to attack, trying to defend herself, but suddenly, her body locks up, the sheer irritation snapping her out of even the Specially-based attack. Her body quivers, and she grits her teeth, unable to bother to even wipe off the mud covering her side. She repeats her attempt to attack, and this time, by sheer force of will, she actually manages to do this. Her eyes glow, and greenish-blue energy materializes around her, turning hard and solid. She allows the Psychokinetic attack to fly in her opponent's direction, hitting squarely, and dealing quite some damage. The two Pokemon are still at some distance, so, although the Discharge Pokemon longs to retaliate, he is not able to do anything in response to the Shock he receives.

Both Pokemon are feeling better for energy, Sparky the only one to have taken damage. Frosch's Paralysis has become weak.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:19 AM   #56
SilentReaper
Thunder Badge

[B]Ice beam [/B as you back up ]and then blast them with another Psychic.. If you see type spam replace either for protect.

C Grade Referee
PASBL Squad
Old 06-30-2015, 03:30 PM   #57
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Wild charge, then wait till it uses psychic then strike with a bite

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.

Last edited by Eliteknight; 07-01-2015 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:42 AM   #58
Mew The Gato
Smile

I did not feel the need to specify this before, but I think I should: Sparky is running low on Dark Type energy.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:27 AM   #59
Mew The Gato
Smile

...Okay, so, please tell me when you edit your post in the future. Because I had no idea that you had edited your orders, and this resulted in me losing my bonus.

Refereeing coming in a short while.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:58 AM   #60
Mew The Gato
Smile

Chansey Round 16: Damage

Frosch, although still somewhat stiff from the lingering Paralysis, slowly edges her way backwards, although her focus is on keeping her opponent from following. Proficient in a wider variety of moves due to her signature, the Espeon is able to draw upon the power of Ice, her small mouth opening up, cold being concentrated at one point in front of it, to the point that pale blue energy starts to come into view, quickly concentrating itself into the form of a sphere. Sparky, not one to let the chance to finish off his prey go, eagerly springs forward, surrounding his body with an aura of electricity, his mane all but invisible between the Wildly-flying, chaotic sparks, crackling sound filling the Psychic Type's ears as he closes in. However, just in time, she manages to fire off several thin Beams of energy from the orb suspended in midair, the zigzagging bolts appearing not unlike the lightning that she is trying to keep at bay. Although the attack finds its way, freezing some of the Mega Manectric's mane, the powerful Pokemon manages to break through even in this weakened state; the move is risky as it is, and he is not going to allow all but the strongest attacks to stop him as he Charges into his opponent violently.

As the resulting flash of light fades away, the Sun Pokemon struggles not to succumb to the damage sustained, but Sparky actually seems to be doing even worse, the shock of the impact having dealt recoil damage. Seeing her chance, now that her Paralysis has been purged, Frosch decides to draw upon the powers that she is actually familiar with, taking another step back as her eyes and the ruby-like structure on her forehead grow simultaneously. Psychokinetic energy manifesting like a wall, it pushes out towards the Mega Pokemon, resisting his wrath with all its strength. The outburst of energy causes the Discharge Pokemon to roar in pain, but he is not ready to give up yet. He is a fierce predator, and his prey is not going to overwhelm him on the contrary. As long as he still has strength, he will not tolerate any more. With the intent to do the worst possible, he proceeds to lunge towards his opponent's neck, his teeth bared. He then proceeds to Bite down on it for the second time, unwilling to let go, his eyes carrying a murderous glint. The Espeon croaks in pain, but struggles in his grip, to the point that the Electric Type eventually has to let go. Regardless, the damage has been done this round. To both of the Pokemon.

Sparky is down to critical health ranges, and the last third in terms of energy. Meanwhile, Frosch is not far behind.
Old 07-11-2015, 06:16 PM   #61
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Signal beam follow up with a thunder!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:35 PM   #62
SilentReaper
Thunder Badge

Light screen and end him with a Psychic.

C Grade Referee
PASBL Squad
Old 07-14-2015, 01:49 PM   #63
Mew The Gato
Smile

Grovyle Round 17: This Has Been Going For A While

Sparky is right next to his opponent, and is not going to let this opportunity go away. From this proximity, it is not likely that his opponent will be able to protect herself, and through his experience as a predator, he is aware of this. Opening his mouth, he collects Signals from his surroundings, concentrating them into a multicoloured orb in front of him. Too close for her intended shield to work well, the Psychic Type attempts to back away, but before she can defend herself, a powerful Beam of Bug Type energy strikes her on her forehead, pushing her head down in pain. She staggers, but manages to not lose her balance, the telepath rather focused, even in the face of imminent defeat. Knowing that she simply must protect herself, she proceeds to use her psychokinetic powers in order to create yet another Screen of Light, the familiar glowing streaks appearing in the air, before they fly around in the shape of a rectangle, the interior being filled with a translucent shine. Ultimately, the barrier is ready in all its glory, the bane of Special attacks. And considering the fact that they are exactly what he is considering using, the Mega Manectric is understandably not pleased.

At last, Sparky decides that he is not going to let this hold him back. Why would the predator here allow his prey to control his actions against his wishes? For his hand to be forced by an enemy would be a disgrace to him, one that he refuses to tolerate. Defiantly, he lets out a roar, the rumble of Thunder as if emanating from his throat, as his bane is overcome with a brilliant light, the Espeon averting her gaze because of the sheer brightness of the flash of light that takes place as the attack is unleashed towards the sky. Bolts unite, sparking wildly as they arc down from above like a bolt of lightning... but even so, the shield manages to move into the way just in time, managing to block the attack. Stunned momentarily by the strain of his own attack, brought down to his limits on both fronts, he is not able to do anything but look on helplessly, even as Frosch prepares to finish him off. Her delight and satisfaction are boundless. Somehow, after a hard fight, she has finally managed to drive her adversary into a corner, irrespective of his reputation as being so powerful. Her eyes glow blue, and yet again, she directs her Psychic powers into a shimmering wave, one that drags the Mega Manectric under the surface... and keeps him there.

Sparky is unable to battle! Next Pokemon, and orders, from Eliteknight, please!

Frosch is extremely battered and exhausted. She is unlikely to be able to react to opponents swiftly enough. The Light Screen remains, although near its breaking point as well.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:53 PM   #64
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Water Bowser

Quote:
Water Bowser Level 3 Male Wartortle

Wartortle (Water): The most militant of their family, Wartortle are the middle of the line in speed and agility. They are vulnerable if knocked on their backs and have a hard time getting up though attacks that strike their back suffer from a slight drop in power. As starter Pokémon, their Water-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/4 health.
Water gun, then follow up with a water pulse.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:37 PM   #65
SilentReaper
Thunder Badge

Protect and Yawn

C Grade Referee
PASBL Squad
Old 07-22-2015, 10:33 AM   #66
Mew The Gato
Smile

Articuno Round 18: One Hit

Sparky having fallen after putting up an impressive fight, he is returned to his Pokeball to get the rest that he deserves. Eliteknight silently launches another Pokeball, calling upon the name "Water Bowser". Appropriately enough, the flash of light reveals a Wartortle, fierce and determined. Frosch pants hard, barely able to remain standing, desperately hoping that she can survive longer, if only just this round. However, as the Turtle Pokemon shuts his mouth tightly, his cheeks swelling up as he deliberately floods his mouth with Water in order to build up pressure, she turns out to be just too exhausted to act in time, especially against a fresh Pokemon such as this opponent. He suddenly lets his mouth gape open, shooting a forceful stream of liquid like a Gun. The attack strikes accurately, and her own weak cry of pain is drowned out by the sound of the attack striking her. Her feet give away under her, the Psychic Type not having any more strength. She simply collapses into the swampy ground, trying to rise to her feet. After having overcome a Mega Pokemon, she cannot fall so easily to this new, smaller adversary... but she does. It is difficult to note if she is disappointed or not.

Frosch is unable to battle! Next Pokemon, and orders, from SilentReaper, please!
Old 08-17-2015, 11:00 AM   #67
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

ok this has been since july silent please id like to get on with this

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:32 PM   #68
SilentReaper
Thunder Badge

Juvia(milotic)set up a qc sub and then whip up a twister.

C Grade Referee
PASBL Squad

Last edited by SilentReaper; 08-18-2015 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:10 PM   #69
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

swagger, follow up with a aura sphere

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:50 PM   #70
Mew The Gato
Smile

Dragonair Round 19: Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentReaper
Yukino- Level 3 Female Milotic
Hidden Power: Ground

Rain Rain Go Away: (Water)
Upon entering the battle field, Juvia automatically creats a heavy rain storm, which still gives all of the benefits of Rain dance. This takes significant energy, so she will start the battle having already used this energy. The rain will always come, even in an indoor arena, using heavy energy instead, where storm clouds constructed out of energy, form on the ceiling, and cause the rain to fall. Unlike a normal Rain dance the rain is unstopped, even if sunny day is used, and can only be changed by a pokemon like castform. The rain is also very cold, so it will cause a chilled effect on any none water, fire, or ice type pokemon. Juvia has lost the use of normal Rain dance, Coil, Aqua tail, Hail, Giga impact, and Secret power.

Frosch, having put up an impressive fight against the Mega Pokemon, finally falls to her next adversary. However, it seems that she is not going to go without an attempt at avenging her; SilentReaper replaces her with a Milotic by the name of... is it Juvia or Yukino?

Quote:
Milotic (Water): Milotic are considered astoundingly beautiful and Attract and similar attacks are much more effective than normal. As an attack once per battle, they can calm down an opponent with a calming aura. Doing so can get rid of any mental boosting moves the opponent might have (excepting Calm Mind). Milotic are good swimmers and can move around effectively on land. They can also levitate but are not particularly fast or agile. They can see in the dark.
Just as Yukino appears on the field of battle, there is a soft glow in the sky, which seems to as if draw the clouds closer to the arena, covering the Sun. The arena darkens, and a rain begins. The raindrops are falling slowly at the moment, but it will not be long until they reach their full intensity. With the dim lighting and the rain making the atmosphere mysterious, the Milotic attempts to add to this by attempting a stealthy move. Concentrating, she begins to quickly extract some of her health and energy into a Substitute. However, her opponents seems to have other plans. Glowing a soft, but very aggravating red, he Swaggers around a little, stopping the other Water Type in her tracks. She is supposed to be the most beautiful Pokemon, but a mere Wartortle is defying her? She is not going to tolerate this. Dropping her move, she raises her tail, and then begins to wave and spin it, whipping up intense winds, which make the environment appear even more stormy. With a particularly strong swing of her tail, she proceeds to send a vicious Twister towards her opponent, the battering winds picking the Turtle Pokemon up, as he finds himself nigh helpless, separated from the ground. It is not until after he is painfully deposited that he regains his footing, but he is no less ready to retaliate for it. Going for a rather unexpected move for a Pokemon of his species, he opens his mouth as wide as he can, to allow some space for a Sphere of bright blue Aura to grow. His own figure radiating the same energy, he is not satisfied until the orb is rather large for his own body. The attack is launched, and it accurately finds its mark on the opposition.

Similar damaged has been traded. Both Pokemon are fairly fresh, but Yukino is somewhat more so.
Old 08-23-2015, 06:46 PM   #71
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Fake out it out of an attack then follow mega kick

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:10 AM   #72
SilentReaper
Thunder Badge

Ride a surf up and over fake out and fire off a dragon pulse

C Grade Referee
PASBL Squad
Old 08-25-2015, 01:15 PM   #73
Mew The Gato
Smile

Munna Round 20: Make Something Happen Already

The matchup between the two Water Types is still near its beginning, and it is clearly going to take a while to end, unless due to some external intervention. The downpour rages down, the feeling in the air very fitting for the two Pokemon. However, it would appear that they are not actually fighting as intensely as their surroundings would imply. If glares could kill, both Pokemon would probably have been mortally wounded by now, but as things are... nothing much is happening. Raising his hands in front of himself and crouching slightly, Water Browser patiently waits for his opponent to attack. On the other hand, Yukino's patience is no more limited. Without seeming to move a muscle, both Pokemon simply stare daggers at each other, neither of them intending to move before the other does. The winds may blow, their bodies may be sinking into the now even stickier marsh, the rain may be cheering them on to battle, but neither of them is willing to defy their orders. This has very simply results indeed. Boredom. A very short round. Lack of productivity. Frustration that has to rest only bottled up for now. If only one of the Pokemon were poisoned right now.

Nothing happened.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:01 PM   #74
SilentReaper
Thunder Badge

Lets out a disarming voice and end off with another twister.

C Grade Referee
PASBL Squad
Old 08-27-2015, 04:29 PM   #75
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Fake out the twister then follow up with a toxic

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL