UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Statistics and Battle Archive

Old 05-22-2015, 07:33 AM   #1
Lady Kuno
Sad times are just times that are sad

Ho-oh Grand Melee IV: Besieged

Welcome to the Grand Melee IV: Besieged
It's been a bit since I did one of these. How are you all feeling? Ready to kill each other in a massive bloodbath? I thought so. Here are some changes:

• 26 People will now be able to compete.
    Totally awesome adjustments to weather moves and "room" attacks. They will now take more energy to use the more they get used by anyone. Room attacks will have no effect when used. Weather moves will share their own "usage counters", while Gravity will be counted by itself.
  • No wild Pokemon.
  • Health and energy will be 4/7, and effectiveness will now be at 2x/3x.
    Wild badges may appear, granting a random (small) bonus. These can be stolen from one another, and only one may be held at a time.
  • Two crystals exist, which will heal HP and Energy to anyone within a one square radius.
  • Pokemon inside the castle walls will be considered "safe". From what? Who knows.
  • Trainers will randomly be assigned a partner. As long as one of the two partners wins, the other will win as well. Meaning if three different Pokemon on three different teams are left, the third person will not rank in the top four.

Info From Last Thread:

Spoiler: show
Grand Melee Info:
Da Rules
You may use your own Pokemon, however no sigs/HP/badges/tokens will be allowed
It will be equilevel but not equi-evo.
Since I will be the only ref, 26 people max are allowed
A strict 24 hour DQ will be enforced, with more details below. Not sending attacks will have the Pokemon play passively and try to dodge. Missing 3 deadlines will have you disqualified.
It will be done in 4/6 style because fuck the haters.

Basic Info
Unlike past Grand Melees, there will be no trainers. Instead, you will see/hear whatever your Pokemon sees/hears via a super dooper indestructible headset. This will allow you to see/hear what it sees, as well as issue orders.
The casters of the event will be casting from the middle of the arena. Their casters booth is a large room floating in the air. They will provide reffing coverage based on what they can see down below, as well as a few hidden cameras around the arena. This is what everyone will see each round and will be referred to as the "general reffing". Like a normal GM, each trainer will also receive a personalized reffing (with much less detail if there is not much happening) to say what they see and hear, etc.
In addition to the regular reffing duo, Pimp Master Jay will be the "at the scene" correspondent. He will Teleport around to the action and say what he sees down below. Even if attacked, he will not attack any participants, but he will probably use barrier moves, and if pissed off, might taunt or do something mean.

Signing Up
Due to the nature of the fact I will be the only ref, there is a limit on participants. I will allow only 20 people to enter. Having one ref means I will be responsible for everything, and if there is a fuck up, I'd rather it be me drop the ball and take the blame then having a ref with half the Pokemon HP/energy vanish and try to pick up the pieces midway.
Selecting participants will not be first come first serve. Instead, it will be randomly decided using RNG. To ensure an even spread of trainers (rather than 1 level 6 with a legend vs 15 level 1s..), there will be a set number of trainers at each Trainer Level:

4 Seeded from last GM
4 Participants TL 6
4 Participants TL 5
3 Participants TL 4
3 Participants TL 3
3 Participants TL 2
2 Participants TL 1
2 Random from every group
1 Kuno's Pick

The RNGing will go in that order. This will all be done on stream to ensure I'm not biased (not that I would be, but it might be fun to watch). If 4 TL 6 trainers do not enter, the empty spot will drop down and there will be 5 TL 5s who enter, etc. Signups will close Friday, and I will do the RNG stream Friday afternoon (EST). So when you sign up in this thread, please list your Trainer Level and/or if you are seeded or I will ignore your post.

The Arena

Welcome to Kunonia Castle!

We've been to some badlands, and we've been to some worse lands. But today we stand at a massive recreation of Kunonia! Or at least, Kunonia in days of distant past. A massive castle rests in the south. But aside from that, the countryside is fairly hilly and relaxed, littered with farms. The purple dots are points of interest. The red numbered spots are starting locations. The color is used as reference for elevation. Each tier in color is another 10 feet (the highest point is 60 feet high), and the really light green is -10 feet. The abundant green is considered ground level. Each square is 250 yards across (2 football fields).

A-1 - River Fork A fairly shallow and slow flowing river can be found here. A person could walk through without much trouble, but a smaller and weaker Pokemon might have difficulty. The land on the other side of the river, to the northwest, is fairly barren and open. As you travel northwest, it would appear a lot of it is open and barren because of a crack in the earth, revealing a bit of boiling magma. Ouch.

C-2 - Kunonia Road An exceptionally sturdy stonework road leads north from the moat. The various farms around grow different types of crops and are owned by various loyal vassels. However since this is a recreation, the houses are devoid of people and the crops are actually props. Since this area is frequently traveled, there is not much plantlife (tall grass, forests) aside from just grass and a few random trees around the main group of farms.

E-2 - Rebellion Crystal In a valley surrounded by trees, behind a large ominous mountain, lies a strange shrine. It is a small building, consisting of a stone floor, four large pillars, and a arched roof. In the center is a golden glowing orb. All Pokemon within one "square" of said orb will recover 1/4 HB of Health and Energy each round. If attacked too much, the crystal can shatter, and recovery will stop. It is from here the rebellion forces plan to launch their counterattack against Kunonia castle!

C-4 - Kunonia Castle A majestic looking castle with a large moat surrounding it. The moat can be opened by flipping two switches from the inside, causing it to drop down onto the road. There also exist stairs to allow travel to the towers. The castle walls are 30 feet high with the tower a bit higher at 35 feet. There is also a path along the castle walls for easy travel to each tower.

The interior of the castle has been gutted out. There exists only a second shrine located in the center. This is a glowing blue orb, which will also recover 1/4 HB of Health and Energy each round. The area of effect is also one square (effectively allowing all in B4,B5,C4,C5 to recover). Destroying the crystal will stop the healing.

So why are the rebels interested in taking over the castle? Well after a few rounds certain guests will appear. They will be aggressive towards anyone who is not inside of the castle. Anyone inside will be safe. However destroying the castle's orb will cause them to turn aggressive towards everyone.

E-4 - Hill Wall A unsafe hill which has a farm on it. It is considered unsafe because of the fact many shady deals used to go down in the farm and surrounding area. While not many trees grow on this hill, it blocks the view of the Rebellion Crystal from the castle, as the northeastern part of the hill has sharp patruding rocks which help serve as a wall.

F-5 - Kunonia Peak The tallest hill in Kunonia. The passageway to the north is considered unsafe as many bad folks would hide in these mountains to attack travelers. From the west, the hill is easy to climb but the north side of it is extremely steep. The hill becomes rocky fairly quickly, losing most plant life as the elevation rises. There is also a fairly small pond on the south side.

D-6 - Massive Stone Here exists a massive circular stone rock. It exists mostly as a touristy spot for visitors.

You may also choose your top 3 starting positions (the numbers on the map). There is no guarantee you will get any of them, as it will be randomized a bit. But those who picked a spot no one else wanted will go there, etc. In addition, the top four people can pick their own spot guarenteed, as well as the spot of one other person of their choosing. Meaning the 1st place seed has total control of where they and anyone elses spot, and the 2nd place can choose their spot and anothers spot. If the 2nd place spot, or their picks spot was already chosen by the first place seed, they will not be told. However if the location they picked was already chosen, they can repick both spots again.

The Schedule
Friday the 15th - Deadline for Entries
Friday the 15th - RNGing for participants
Friday the 15th - I will PM each trainers partner
Between the 15th and 21st - I will ask each seed, in order, their spots and work out positions with them
Thursday the 21st - Pokemon and position choices must be PMed to me
Friday the 22nd - Introductory reffing, locations given with surrounding detail, etc. All private reffings after this will be lacking in detail if there is nothing happening. Don't expect a huge essay about how you waited around to see if anyone walked by. This is a huge undertaking, cut me some slack.

Saturday the 23rd and onwards - All attacks must be given to me by 5 PM EST. That will be the deadline every day. I will try my absolute best to have the reffing that night before I go to sleep. If something goes wrong and I get preoccupied, I will post and say there's a delay and ref ASAP. That is the only time there isn't a deadline the next day. Otherwise, every 5 PM will be the deadline, regardless of when at night the round was reffed. If you cannot do this, then please do not sign up.

Due to the nature of this massive undertaking, I will not be able to re-ref anything. I'm sorry if this is going to screw someone over, as mistakes do happen but.. barring hp/energy mistakes or huuuuge errors, changing how a round was reffed will take as long as doing an entire round. It's not just a matter of editing my general round reffing, but I'd have to look up who was involved and send changed PMs to people. It wont be easy so I want to avoid it. If small mistakes were made then I apologize.

Please take any questions to the Grand Melee Time Out thread. This thread will just be for posting that you want to join and your Trainer Level. That is it.

Have fun and good luck!

Here is a list of those who managed to get in.

Seeded:
Dave
Stealthy
Whimsy
Lost

TL6:
Mozz
Sneazy

TL5:
Charminions
Slash
Kindrindra
SquirtleKing

TL4:
Snorby
Apollo77
Mew The Gato

TL3:
KamenAeons
rotomotorz
Miror

TL2:
Ex-Admiral Insane
Ethereal
Shuckle

TL1:
RealMrGame10
phoopes

Random Pick:
Celebii151
Firewater
Zelphon
Myles Fowl II

Kunos Pick:
Deebs

A few other points to hit before we officially start. Use this time to ask about the arena. Some stuff will remain a mystery, but if anyone has any basic questions I can answer it (in the TO thread).

Every round the map will have points on them, showing where Pokemon are. There will be no markings on these, so you will have to judge which one is you based on your first round location. I will give co-ordinates the first round, and then say which cardinal direction you travel, if you do move. You will have to be on top of figuring out which dot is yours each round.

Due to the nature of this massive undertaking, I will not be able to re-ref anything. I'm sorry if this is going to screw someone over, as mistakes do happen but.. barring hp/energy mistakes or huuuuge errors, changing how a round was reffed will take as long as doing an entire round. It's not just a matter of editing my general round reffing, but I'd have to look up who was involved and send changed PMs to people. It wont be easy so I want to avoid it. If small mistakes were made then I apologize.

The account that all these PMs are going to the account named "Grand Melee". That is also where your private reffings will be recieved from. When it comes time to send in attacks, I would like them sent in this way:

Pokemon Gender - Nickname - Round X

(So for example, Pikachu m - Pikaman - Round 1)

Please take any questions to the Grand Melee Time Out thread. This thread is going to be for the reffings each round.
~ haiku, Morg 2017
JUST NUKE THE FUCKING SUN

Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:37 AM   #2
Lady Kuno

A turned off monitor sits in a room. After a few moments it flicks on, showing static. Moments pass, and more monitors start to turn on as well. The lights in the room turn on, revealing our most favorite Grand Melee casting center. A beautiful and incredible woman can be seen, by the name of Kuno-chan. A guy named Kuno-kun is there too. Near the both of them, a Mr Mime can be seen as well.

Kuno-chan: It has been a while, but we are back! This time, with a vengence!

Kuno-kun: This time, it's personal!

Kuno-chan: Exactly! This time, we gathered 26 people and shoved them in a crazy arena to fight to the death. But there is a new twist, they are all randomly paired up! Who is friends with who? Who is really your enemy?

Kuno-kun: Find out next time, on Dragon Ball Z!

Kuno-chan: Or we can find out now. Pimp Master Jay is with us, and he is going to Teleport all 26 Pokemon onto the field.

Pimp Master Jay vanishes, and a few minutes later he reappears. Dots slowly begin to appear on a mini map nearby.

Kuno-kun: Talk about an arena! Let's see some good fighting this time.

Kuno-chan: The large castle is going to be interesting but.. it seems people didn't want to go there. Only three of the four spots are filled.

Kuno-kun: Maybe people wanted the fresh outdoor air?

Kuno-chan: I wonder how that will effect the battle. Are two of them team mates? Are they all allies together? I guess most people wanted to live life as peasants out in the field.

Kuno-kuno
: Who knows. But they won't die as peasants, I'm sure they'll all die as brave warriors!

Kuno-chan: I'm not going to hold my breath on that.

Kuno-chan: Yeah that's all for now. We really don't have much else to add since no one started fighting yet. See ya!

Elsewhere in the newsroom, a large counter turns on.
FOUR TURNS REMAIN UNTIL DIVINE JUDGEMENT

--------------------------------------------------------------

Remember there are some varied Pokemon rules. All Pokemon will have an extra boost in energy (7 HBs or so of energy, with 4 HB in health, before any legend etc bonuses), and energy will recover at some pace when not in battle. However this extra boost in energy should not encourage massive attack spam, as being continually forced to do very powerful attacks in close succession will still cause a Pokemon to burn more energy doing said attacks. This change is to allow Pokemon to move around and be able to KO more than one enemy. Multiple rests will also be allowed, with diminishing returns. However these Rests will take twice as long to wake up from. This is to prevent half the participants from being constantly asleep, and to put you at risk for doing so.

Trainers will start off with one 3 move combo they can do. Every 10 rounds that 3-mover will be refreshed. Meaning you can not have 2 saved up. If you fail to use it by round 9 then you will still have only one combo at round 10.

At this point, please PM Grand Melee with your first round actions/attacks. The format for the title should be:

Pokemon Gender - Nickname - Round X

(So for example, Pikachu m - Pikaman - Round 1)

To keep things neat and organized and to help me figure stuff out better.

In addition, when ordering movement, please specify if you want to move as far as you can (about one full square on the grid) at a fast speed (no energy recovery at this level), or move less at a more leisurely pace, etc. Full speed movement counts as an attack, but otherwise, when out of battle, does NOT count as an attack. When you get close it will count as an attack. This is going to be very very tricky and on a case by case basis. Please be understanding if something happens that you didn't expect to happen.

Attack deadline is Saturday, the 23rd at 5PM EST. After this, each attack will be due in 5 PM est each day.
~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 05-23-2015, 06:06 PM   #3
Lady Kuno

Our two wonderful referees can be seen loafing about, waiting for something to happen. A producer informs them that the round has started and they suddenly are at full alert.

Kuno-chan: Hello everyone! Welcome to the first actual round of Grand Melee IV.

Kuno-kun: Is this the one with Cecil and Kain?

Kuno-chan: What?

Kuno-kun: And Rydia? Rydia is cute.

Kuno-chan: Uhhh. Right. So anyway, here we are at the Grand Melee again. It seems we got quite a lot of movement this time around. Let's check the map and see if anything interesting is happening.

Kuno-kun: There seems to be a party happening at the Rebellion Crystal. I wonder if we are cool enough to be invited.

Kuno-chan: Yeah let's go down and fist bump the Pokemon who all want to kill each other.

Kuno-kun: What's that noise?

Kuno-chan: Huh? Oh.. it would seem that the Castle Drawbridge is going to be lowered! That's probably going to go down midway through the next round.

Kuno-kuno: They already got the drawbridge down? That's pretty fast.

Kuno-chan: Who know's what their plan is. There also seems to be another party in the southeast of the map. I wonder what's happening there.

Kuno-chan: I guess we'll have to wait and see. See ya next round!

THREE TURNS REMAIN UNTIL DIVINE JUDGEMENT

Please PM Grand Melee with your round actions/attacks. Each attack will be due in 5 PM est each day.
~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 05-24-2015, 07:10 PM   #4
Lady Kuno

The two casters seem to have noticed a large sign in the back. They are wondering what the heck it means.

Kuno-kun: Divine Judgement? What the hell does that mean?

Kuno-chan: Beats me. I'm sure it'll be entertaining. Or hilarious.

Kuno-kun: Or both!

Kuno-chan: Yeah.. it'll probably be both.

Suddenly, everything in the casters center starts to shake.

Kuno-kun: What the butts was that?

Kuno-chan: I have no idea. Pimp Master Jay, wanna check it out?

Pimp Master Jay then nods and Teleports down to the arena. He stands on top of the temple of the Castle's Tower. He spots to the northeast, a Golurk punching the wall. There appears to be quite a few cracks in the wall. The castle is made of some pretty solid stuff. Behind the Golurk are quite a few Honchkrows. After the punch, the Honchkrows attack it with a Dark Pulse! It doesn't seem to mind the attack, as it gathers even more ground energy in its fist. It then goes for a second Earthquake and punches a huge hole in the wall! The integrity of the wall is still there, it just has a huge hole in it now. The drawbridge can also be seen down over the moat, as some wind and corn blow in.

Kuno-chan: Well, that's exciting. Let's look at the map!

Kuno-chan: It looks like we have lots of parties going on. With the drawbridge down, and a huge hole in the wall, the castle looks easy to invade. But why would the defenders lower the bridge and make a huge hole to the outside?

Kuno-kun: Maybe they were bored.

Kuno-chan: It's certainly possible. But with the crystal healing health and energy, it is a good place to defend. It also seems all the clouds in the sky cleared up. I wonder if someone used a Sunny Day. I guess we'll find out next time.

Kuno-kun: That seems to be it for now. See ya next time!

Kuno-chan: Peace out~

TWO TURNS REMAIN UNTIL DIVINE JUDGEMENT

Please PM Grand Melee with your round actions/attacks. Each attack will be due in 5 PM est each day.
~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 05-25-2015, 07:29 PM   #5
Lady Kuno

Kuno-kun: I feel like many of our participants don't care for Easter.

Kuno-chan: What makes you say that?

Kuno-kun: We spent so much time hiding random badges but nobody seems to care about them.

Kuno-chan: That's true. At least 5 different Pokemon spotted them but didn't seem to bother investigating.

Kuno-kun: Sucks for them.

Kuno-chan: Real talk. Let's go back to Pimp Master Jay.

Pimp Master Jay continues watching the crazy shenanigans take place. The Golurk has set up a Gravity field all around it. Great, one of those again. A Blastoise can be seen Aqua Jetting into the castle from the draw bridge. It takes one good look at that Gravity and decides it doesn't want to deal with it. Instead it wanders over to one of the levers and raises it. The second lever would have to go up to actually raise the bridge again. Meanwhile, apparently the Golurk has grabbed the Honchkrow. It keeps trying to attack and get free but instead it just gets tossed out the hole, into the moat below. Oops.

Kuno-chan: It also would seem we have our first KO somewhere. Let's check the map!

Kuno-chan: The place is starting to get a bit warm. Should we hit the AC?

Kuno-kun: Good idea. Whoever used that Sunny Day certainly turned on the heat.

Kuno-chan: Yes. That's literally what they did. Anyway, we leave you with the omnious count down predicting something next round. Have fun with that!

Kuno-kun: See ya around!

ONE TURN REMAINS UNTIL DIVINE JUDGEMENT

~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 05-26-2015, 08:12 PM   #6
Lady Kuno

Kuno-kun: That timer thing is almost counted down. What the hell does it mean.

Kuno-chan: I don't know. I guess we have to wait and find out. Until then, let's see what the heck is happening at the castle.

Pimp Master Jay sits around watching this mess unfold even further. The Blastoise heads to the other lever as the Golurk approaches it. The lever gets flipped up and gears can be heard moving. However it won't be until next round that it'll actually start to rise. While all of this was going on, the Golurk closed the distance gap! Blastoise takes aim and fires off a Hydro Pump but the Golurk Agilitys away, avoiding getting sent to the splash zone. The Golurk finally leaves the Gravity hell as we spot a dark bubble appear from the hole in the wall. It seems to be the Honchkrow from earlier, in hot Pursuit. Or maybe Dark Pursuit. Whatever.

The Golurk then grabs the Blastoise and slams it onto the ground! It just placed it on it's back! Its feet now face Golurk and it is rather helpless to do much. But the ghost type takes a surprise Pursuit to the back! Although it is a very weak one. It then decides to say screw you to the Gravity and floats a bit to the south, avoiding that disaster.

Looking south, we see a Nidoking head down the stairs to the southeast and a Kirlia and Chatot hanging out on top of the tower to the southwest.

Kuno-chan: No one was sadly KOed this round. Here is the current map.

Kuno-chan: That heat sure is getting annoying. It's already almost summer! What the hell!

Kuno-kun: I'm still concerned about that clock. Isn't it going to countdown sometime soon.. ?

DIVINE JUDGEMENT SHALL COMMENCE

As the clock strikes down, the words suddenly vanish. Electricity starts to crackle around the clock and in this forgotten corner of the ref corner. The circuit can be followed to an old monitor, which suddenly buzzes with life. A large magma pit can be seen, sitting all alone in a barren wasteland. Suddenly bubbling can be heard and seen from the screen. It is then, that the true threat can be witnessed. A Ho-oh flies out of the lava, reborn into this world. It lets out a terrifying screech, stunning all those unfortunate to hear it, and then starts to fly high into the air and to the southeast.

~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 05-27-2015, 08:53 PM   #7
Lady Kuno

Kuno-kun: Dude a freaking Ho-oh appeared! How awesome is that!

Kuno-chan: If you love something, let it go. If it comes back 10 years later to set an arena on fire, its yours.

Kuno-kun: That's the most beautiful thing I've ever heard in my entire life.

Kuno-chan: So let's take a look at what disaster is happening inside the castle.

The castle bridge starts to close as a Pokemon can be seen running on it. It moves its little legs as fast as it can to make it and not fall into the moat. It manages to get pushed a bit and land on its butt, but it arrives into the castle grounds! Safe! The previously overturned Blastoise tries to set itself standing again by using an Aqua Jet! The blast manages to set its position right, and push it away from the door. Looking at the story of the golem and the bird, said golem decided it didn't want anything to do with the castle anymore. It is a hit and run. Or in this case, punch and run. The Golurk blasts off, team rocket style, by Flying off into the sunset out of the castle.

With Blastoise and Honchkrow having no one to love, new opponents decide to appear. A Misdreavus phases in through the wall at the northeast side of the castle. But while that is going on the Zangoose seems to be glowing. The warm glow of the sun seems to be boosting its attack, as it fires off a massive Solarbeam at the poor water turtle. That has to hurt. Blastoise quickly turns to face its opponent as the Misdreavus lets out a gut wrenching Screech! That seems to get everyone's attention. The Honchkrow is not too happy with that as it decides to get even more dark energy and send it forth in the form of a Dark Pulse! The Misdreavus takes quite a bit of damage as a Dusclops appears nearby. It witnesses the attack and decides that was a bit too close for comfort. It lets the truth shine down on Honchkrow with a Confuse Ray. And by the truth, it means some next level truth. Golurk fuel can't melt castle beams.

While all of this is going on, a Gengar appears through the drawbridge. It is pretty close to the Zangoose and Blastoise party going on. However no one seems to care about the Gengar as Zangoose goes for a second attack with a Thunderpunch on the Blastoise! What a shocker! Electricity based puns aside, another new Pokemon shows up to party. A Nidoking! It seems to be running as fast as it's weirdly shaped legs can take it as it approaches the Honchkrow. It mumbles even more inane conspiracy theories as it eats a face full of Icy Wind from the Nidoking. It snaps out of its confusion and brings it back to reality.

Kuno-chan: No one was sadly KOed this round. Again. Lets take a look at this wonderful mini map.

Kuno-chan: Well that's it from us. See ya next time!

The previously turned on monitor is shown once more. It shows a powerful fire bird soaring through the skies. It lets out an intimidating Roar to all those brave enough to be anywhere close to it. It flies over an uneventful corn field as it spots a Pidgeot land on the northwestern tower of the castle. However it does not change course. It spots the Golurk flying off out of the castle, and an Electivire floating on magnetism. But no one knows what it's true intentions are...

~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 05-28-2015, 09:27 PM   #8
Lady Kuno

Kuno-kun: So what is the deal with the legendary bird. It just seems to be flying around aimlessly.

Kuno-chan: I'm sure if we keep an eye on it, we'll see some fun stuff. There is that one weird monitor that is just watching it at all times.

Kuno-kun: Thankfully we also have Pimp Master Jay down there. Most of the crazy stuff seems to be happening in the castle. Let's take a look.

With the draw bridge closed, it's certainly a lot more difficult for new Pokemon to appear in the castle. Hahaha. That is a joke. There's always some insane way Pokemon are going to be able to enter this place. Especially now since a giant firebird is outside ready to heat up some lunch.

The round starts off with Gengar leaving this place, a move probably for the best, and Honchkrow quickly heading for the crystal. The other two ghosts, Misdreavus and Dusclops look a bit disappointed as their prey is now quite a bit far away. It's their own fault for assuming they can quickly get the jump on anything that far away and while inside a silly Gravity.

Nidoking seems to be giving chase to the Honchkrow. Blastoise is certainly not ok with this, as it lets out some water using a magic Surf! It rides that Surf, halting it in its tracks! The water deals quite a bit of super effective damage... or it would if it didn't instead cause a Substitute to vanish. Oh snap. It decides on plan B. It goes up to the Nidoking and gives it a massive hug using a Strength!

Suddenly another flash of light can be seen. An Electivire appears from god knows where and is not that far from Blastoise or Nidoking. Or the Zangoose who has been following said Blastoise the entire time. Nidoking is not held for long, as it surrounds itself in a Protect, pushing the Blastoise down on the ground. At this time we notice the Honchkrow, who is currently trying to steal the Declaration of Independence freaking crystal in the middle. It obviously fails as it is massive and a part of the temple. Dejected, it heads south. However it did seem to find something of interest on top of the crystal. Fascinating.

While the Honchkrow was in the middle of its heist, the Zangoose catches up to the Blastoise. It says hello in what seems to be the typical Zangoose fashion, a Thunderpunch. The Electrivire seems interested in this foreign Zangoose ways. It wants to learn its customs and traditions. Perhaps it plans on traveling to Zangooseonia one day. An electric type can only dream. However it decides to introduce its own custom to this made up incredible land. It greets said Blastoise with a Thunderbolt. Fascinating! Scholars in the future will look back at this battle and then decide to reconsider their lives.

The Blastoise is down, but not out. It looks exceptionally beaten up. The Nidoking assumes that it is down for the count and resumes the pursuit on the bird. The Pursuiter is now pursued. That was a joke. The Nidoking is not using Pursuit. What IS happening is that the very almost dead, and ticked off Blastoise is using a Hydro Pump. While the weather weakens it a bit, it being almost dead and also just it being Blastoise, it deals exceptionally amounts of damage. The Nidoking has no Substitute to save its behind. It gets hurt. However the Electrivire decides to insult the ancient Zangooseonia traditions by saying hello again. Who even DOES that. You say hello once. That's how it works. Are you an idiot? What is possibly wrong with you. At least this time he says hey. A shorter version. A weaker version. A Charge Beam. It causes the Blastoise to go down. It has been KOed.

These silly adventures come to an end as the Honchkrow books it south using Agility. However the zaniness is not yet over. A Togetic appears to the southeast. It decides to blow traditions into the wind. Literally. It creates a Dragon Twister on the three Pokemon all near each other - Nidoking, Zangoose, and Electrivire. They all take quite a bit of damage as the energy flows by them and then vanishes against the wall to the north. Near that wall, a Pidgeot can be seen flying east. It doesn't seem to be flying quite right.

Kuno-chan: Woah we had a kill this round. Radical! That's all for now. See ya boys and girls!

Elsewhere, the monitor in the corner turns on once more. The Ho-oh can be seen again. It seems to be flying rather fast as it uses an Agility to gain some air. To its right, it spots a Golurk landing near the moat. But that seems to not be its target. As it flies east it spots a large group of Pokemon on a hill, to the north of a farm. They include a Magmortar, Spiritomb, Infernape, Glalie, Hydregion, Crobat, and a Rattata riding on top of it. It seems to disapprove of this. It stops to gather a very large amount of fire energy, as they all sit and watch. A Sacred Fire flows from it! However it has no interest in attacking any of them! The fire burns in the middle of all of them, dealing a slightly bit of damage to some of them. That area is now ablaze with no signs of settling down. The defenders of this random burnination do not seem too thrilled with this development.

Rattata starts things off by firing a few orbs of energy at it in the form of Hidden Power! The damage dealt isn't very much. Ho-oh seems to shrug it off. However the Magmortar seems to have a much better idea. It digs into the rocky terrain and pulls some rocks up with a Rock Slide. Rocks come tumbling down on the fire/flying type, dealing hefty amounts of damage. The Rattata feels a bit insulted. It fires off a second Hidden Power to compensate! It still doesn't do nearly as much damage. It feels a bit sad. The Magmortar decides to one-up Rattata once again by firing off a Thunderbolt! The Ho-oh does not look so happy with this development. However at least there's a huge fire, so that's nice. Fire makes it happy.

Suddenly the now inactive clock starts to unwind. As if though not powered by electricity, but some other power. The numbers slowly start to rise. A familiar clock face can be seen once more.........

THREE TURNS REMAIN UNTIL DIVINE JUDGEMENT

~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 05-29-2015, 09:40 PM   #9
Lady Kuno

Kuno-kun: Ho-oh is awesome. Just look at it go!

Kuno-chan: Are we looking at the same Ho-oh? It just got rocked.

Kuno-kun: Oh I see what you did there. Let's check on our favorite Master of Pimps.

It is the distant future. Humanity is destroyed. What was once a busy castle serves nothing more than a battleground for bored Pokemon and their trainers. And then even those bored Pokemon and trainers get even more bored as they don't feel like fighting anymore. Hell they don't even feel like BEING here anymore. The Nidoking is the first to go. By some unholy means, it manages to Teleport away. Goodbye Nidoking. The crafty Zangoose has it's own trick, too. It decides to, now get this, Mimic the Teleport! Crazy, I know. Who would do such a thing. The Teleport is a time honored tradition around these parts. But Zangoose decides to defile these traditions. It then gets bored and Teleports away, much like the attention span of anyone reading this.

However unlike the northeast tower, which is Nidokings current position, Zangoose decides on the northwest tower. Which is where a Pidgeot is returning to. The Pidgeot and the Zangoose look at each other. The Pidgeot decides to do what it did earlier. And that is to send the Zangoose flying across the arena. It whips up a Twister and then.. goodbye Zangoose! It gets evicted from the castle grounds like a person who drank too much at a bar, shouting and claiming to everyone they are a Holy Empress and that they run a super important Pokemon website. Not that this is something anyone would know from personal experience. It's just an example. Yes. An example. Let's leave it at that. Said bird then gets smashed by a random Future Sight!

Elsewhere on the castle grounds, the Misdreavus seems to have vanished while the Electivire seems to be hanging around the crystal. It looks content at the crystal, it's warm soothing energy being very comforting. Unlike what some new age folks would try to sell you, this unearthed hunk of rock actually has healing properties. Maybe that is why that Honchkrow tried to steal it. However while the Electivire contemplates the infinate, it suddenly gets pelted with an Ominous Wind from.. somewhere. The Dusclops that was once to the north is now heading south, through the extremely annoying Gravity field.

To the south, the adventures of the Honchkrow continues. It spots yet another shiny thing and hogs that one as well. However it's greed comes at a price. The gods of shininess take vengeance upon this bird. It takes a blast of Dazzling Gleam from a Togetic! It didn't seem to notice that first hit, but it certainly notices the second Dazzling Gleam! Luckily for the bird, it is used to shiny things and doesn't seem to get dazed by the attack. It lunges towards the weird winged egg thing with a Drill Peck! It deals some damage back but no where near as much as it was dealt this round.

Kuno-chan: It seems no one died again. How very lame. The arena also seems to be cooling down quite a bit. Anyway, I'll see you guys next time!

The monitor in the back continues to show us additional excitement. The Ho-oh seems to be quite a bit upset at the Magmortar. For very obvious reasons. It rocked its world, and not in a good way. Considering it's dual weakness to rock. It flies towards the Magmortar in an attack. It's movement is very fast. The Magmortar decides to tempt fate and Taunt the fire bird. This is not a wise move. This is not a wise move at all. The Ho-oh seems to not change a thing in regard to what it's doing. A Spiritomb tries to Taunt as well but it's mind is made up. It coats itself in a bit of ground energy as it approaches impact. Suddenly the Crobat lets out a Confuse Ray onto the bird. It still seems to be flying towards Magmortar, unsure if it actually confused it!

The attack hits, dealing exceptional amounts of damage. It seems it was confused a bit, as the attack dealt a bit of recoil damage. While this is going on, the Infernape was using various Acrobatics to climb onto the farm house roof. The Glalie decides to retreat to the northeast, and the Hydregion seems to be approaching the Ho-oh to attack it.

The important thing to note here is that the Magmortar is fine. Why? Because as the attack hit, a Substitute faded away. The Ho-oh, no longer effected by the Taunt, seems rather satisfied with what it did. It coats itself in a Sacred Fire and flies south! The Infernape tries to gather energy to attack it but it crashes through the poorly built farm house! The house explodes, with the monkey falling into it, getting buried by rubble. The Spiritomb takes some notes with a Mimic, as it approaches the farm house. But the Ho-oh is long gone, flying towards the south...

TWO TURNS REMAIN UNTIL DIVINE JUDGEMENT

~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 05-29-2015, 10:17 PM   #10
Lady Kuno

Due to a mistake on my pat, said Zangoose was not evicted from the castle but instead teleported next to it's BFF, the Nidoking in the northeast tower. I blame everyone Teleporting all the time and easily confusing my simple brain. I'm keeping the reffing there though because it was funny, but I will change the map as follows:

Enjoy!
~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 05-30-2015, 08:19 PM   #11
Lady Kuno

Kuno-kun: We should turn off the AC. It seems a bit colder.

Kuno-chan: Right you are. It's not only pretty cloudy, it seems a lot chilly as well. I wonder what's going on.

Kuno-kun: I'm sure we'll find out in due time.

Kuno-chan: I also have a report of quite a bit of fighting going on in the castle. Let's give it a look.

Nidoking and Zangoose are hanging out on the northeast tower. To the northwest, we see the Pidgeot fly in that direction. However that is a great distance to cross in just one turn. Looking back at the northeast, both of those Pokemon seem to be waiting for something. And just like a whack-a-mole, it appears. A Froslass. It starts to gather some energy as both Nidoking and Zangoose face it. They both let out streams of fire in the form a Flamethrower! The first scorching blow hits but it only eliminates a Substitute! The second one seems to hit and hit hard. Oh man does that put a nice dent in it. It appears to be rather beaten up as well. However the Froslass didn't just come to say hi. It was building ice energy as the both of them eat a Blizzard! Nidoking takes the brunt of that attack as its Substitute fades! The Zangoose took some damage as well as it was nearby. The Froslass then hides back under the tower. Both of them do not look happy about that.

Towards the south, we see a speeding Electivire avoiding being attacked by a Misdreavus as it uses Agility to get away from the crystal and to the south. The Dusclops looks very thrilled that the Gravity is finally gone. To celebrate, it coats itself in dark energy and uses a Pursuit. It seems to be chasing after the Honchkrow as the Xatu chasing the Dusclops turns to follow.

Honchkrow and Togetic are facing off. The Togetic is very envious of the Honchkrows shiny things and approaches with a Covet! However the Honchkrow is exceptionally protective of its shiny things and blasts it in the face with a Confuse Ray. It stares into space for a while, as the Honchkrow tries to escape to the west. This is when it meets up with the previously mentioned Electivire who sends volts towards it in the form of a Shock Wave. That hurts quite a bit. The Dusclops also shows up with a Pursuit as that deals exceptionally less damage. The Xatu catches up and starts to gather ghost energy in the form of a Shadow Ball!

This is when the Misdreavus notices the attack and says "Aw hell naw". But it says this in Misdreavus speak which translate into a Screech. The attack is rather loud and interupts Xatu. It also snaps the previously mentioned Togetic out of confusion. It turns to face the Honchkrow and send waves of Fairy Wind at it! The super effective attack is still weak because the fairy type is embarrassingly weak, but it is super effective. It does not go down to the attack, and so the Xatu goes to show it how its done. It uses a slightly stronger but still weak fairy attack by the name of Dazzling Gleam. This is too much for the poor bird. Honchkrow goes down, KOed.

During that time the Dusclops was readying its own attack - a Blizzard. Both Togetic and Xatu take the attack head on, however the Xatu seems to have a Substitute that took the damage for it. How lucky. Xatu then starts to absorb energy from the Dusclops by using a Giga Drain!

As things settle down, two shiny things can be seen on the ground where Honchkrow was. One appears to be a badge that reduces Dragon damage and the other one that reduces Ground damage. Interesting...

Kuno-chan: We have a kill. It is confirmed.

Kuno-kun: I have a lot of confirmed kills. I'm an Ex-Navy Seal.

Kuno-chan: Yeah no you're not. Anyway, see ya guys~!

The monitor in the back continues to show us additional excitement. Although it is much less exciting this round as the bird heads south. It flies over hills and valleys as it travels the land. It seems to have a destination in mind as it closes in on a Kirlia sleeping. It suddenly wakes up and spots the fire bird. It mysteriously vanishes in a flash of light! However it is rather difficult to evade a Ho-oh for long...

ONE TURN REMAINS UNTIL DIVINE JUDGEMENT

~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 05-31-2015, 08:25 PM   #12
Lady Kuno

Kuno-kun: I just checked the weather report. Apparently we're expecting some Hail next turn.

Kuno-chan: I wonder what took it so long. Maybe it was because of how hot it was earlier?

Kuno-kun: Yeah, probably. Better get out your umbrellas. Or whatever people use to not get pelted by hail.

Kuno-chan: Metal umbrellas? Either way, let's go to Pimp Master Jay.

Good news for all castle participants: Our latest delivery has just arrived. That's right, our Crobat delivery system just dropped off the latest package. A Rattata, right at our doorstep! However it would appear all those who needed to sign for the package are gone! I wonder what happened? No wait, I know what happened.

The Pidgeot started flying along east, as it dropped a Foresight. Bad news for the bird, it revealed that it had a Substitute up as it turned south. Literally. Sadly said Foresight was not fast enough to stop a Froslass from phasing through a wall and Agilitying away to the southwest. Nidoking decides to run down the stairs while Zangoose has a better idea. It hangs by the hole in the wall and waits. Like a dropbear, it descends on a Lickilicky who just Surfed in from the outside. They both decide to get over it as they give chase to the Froslass. However it is going too fast and is too far to attack.

And so our delivery was made. Rattata quickly chases after the Pokemon to sign for the package but only gets to the bottom of the stairs as the round ends for it. But what about everyone else?

Misdreavus and Dusclops both turn to face Xatu as it suddenly decides to vanish. It Teleports away! The ghosts look rather confused as the Electrivire looks on the ground. It picks up a badge, doesn't like it and then picks up the second one. It looks happy with this one and then puts it on. It faces the ghosts but then suddenly eats a face full of Confuse Ray from the Misdreavus. The Togetic makes its getaway as it sends a parting gift of a Ominous Wind to both ghosts. Goodbye friends, I will miss you.

Kuno-chan: No one died this round. But what about the other timer? What is its deal?

Kuno-kun: Who knows. That stupid thing is broken.

Kuno-chan: Probably. See you guys next round!

The bird cam shows Ho-oh quickly altering its flight path. It now heads north east and at a rather quick pace. It spots the Crobat/Rattata delivery as well as a Hydregion nearby, a Magmortar near the lake and a Golurk about to enter the hole. However it seems to not be interested in any of these Pokemon...

DIVINE JUDGEMENT SHALL COMMENCE

Another monitor turns on. In fact, lots of monitors turn on. They all seem to show a large stone rock. It is just sitting there on a field. Nothing eventful is happening at all. Suddenly it starts to rumble. You hear it first, and then you can see it. It shatters in a brilliant flash of light! The dazzling light is all that can be seen for a few seconds before a form appears.

Arceus.

It quickly changes color for 20 seconds before it suddenly slows down. Its chest becomes gray with its outer ring suddenly gold. It hops into the air, about thirty feet high and then.. stays there. It causally walks in the air north. To the west it spots a Xatu and a Chatot. To the north it notices a Hydregion flying, a Golurk and the Ho-oh.

Ideally, if you want to live, you do not want to be noticed by this monstrosity.

~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 06-01-2015, 08:26 PM   #13
Lady Kuno

Kuno-kun: Hail is pretty great. Everyone seems to love it!

Kuno-chan: I'm not sure that's true. I think most of the Pokemon are annoyed by it. Especially the fliers.

Kuno-kun: They'll survive!

Kuno-chan: Hopefully they won't. They're trying to kill each other.

Kuno-kun: Oh right. Hey lets look at what Pimp Master Jay is doing!

Things are certainly happening in the castle this round. The confused Electrivire seems to get its act together with a Meditate. Although with all that hail falling down, it really didn't need to bother. Also the fact that a large explosion could be heard not that far from it. What's the deal with that?

The two ghosts in the south part ways. The Misdreavus gives chase to the Togetic while the Dusclops heads towards the Froslass near the crystal. The Misdreavus eats another Ominous Wind from the fairy type as the ghost retaliates with a Power Gem! You thought you were attacking the fairy type, but it was me! Dio Substitute-o. Ok that was lame. The Togetic then flies north and descends a bit, but the hail makes its flight annoying.

Meanwhile the Dusclops approaches the Froslass but witnesses a Pidgeot attacking it first. It would appear it unleashed a Heat Wave, putting the ghost type out of its misery and also attacking the crystal. The crystal is not looking so good. However the Froslass had a surprise! Destiny Bond! It does.. a little bit of damage. To a Substitute. That then vanishes. Ouch. Froslass has been KOed.

The Dusclops looks sad with no target and instead focuses on the Togetic who was heading the same way. It summons up a few magic Rock Slide rocks and sends it its way! Ouchies! With no Substitute anymore, it takes a hefty bit of damage. The Electrivire from earlier reappears and zaps the ghost type with a Discharge! It doesn't seem to paralyze but after it gives it a Round.. for some reason. That move does considerably less amounts of damage.

Back to the north part of the castle, a Magmortar Teleports onto the northwest tower as a Hydregion lands on the northeast tower. The Rattata near the stairs uses a Quick Attack to head towards the western lever and it gets pulled down! The Zangoose from earlier decides it wants to fight the rat and so it uses a Pursuit to give chase. The attack does minimal damage but it lifts the rat up with a Strength! It then approaches the group to the southeast of it.

So now we have a Nidoking, Lickilicky, Crobat, and a newly appeared Golurk back. It decides to return in its Golurk shaped hole that was previously made by it.

The Nidoking heads north a bit as Crobat quickly swoops in with an Agility. It tries to use a Mimic on the Pursuit but it already has a Mimiced move. Everyone laughs at the Nidoking for being so dumb. The Nidoking then seems to gather a large bit of fighting spirit as the Crobat glows red. Bide. Lickilicky wants to go for the Rattata but it was already pretty far and now it's gone even further. Goodbye Rattata. The Nidoking lets out the Focus Blast but it is aimed at... the Crobat??? The Crobat takes the attack with the Bide, and the aura glows beyond its control. An immensely powerful Bided Focus Blast flies towards the poor normal type. Before it realizes what happened, it literally explodes. Lickilicky has exploded. It's kind of gross. The Golurk would be absolutely horrified and disgusted if it were programmed to feel these emotions.

Instead with no target, it just shrugs and smashes into the ground with an Earthquake. The only one close enough to feel the burn from it is Nidoking, who takes hefty damage from it. Ouch.

Kuno-kun: Did that Pokemon just explode?

Kuno-chan: It would appear so.

Kuno-kun: And did that Pokemon just get KOed by its partner?

Kuno-chan: That is also true.

Kuno-kun: What about the crystal?

Kuno-chan: It looks beaten up but it still seems to be working. What a crazy insane round. See you guys next time!

The camera featuring Ho-oh can be seen again. It is face to face with a Hydregion, neither of which seems to be enjoying the hail. The fire bird then quickly turns right, flying over the hills. Below it, a few Spiritombs can be seen, just hanging around. The Ho-oh seems to have a target in mind, and it is not the ghost type...

The rest of the monitors can all be seen again. All of them show the same image: Arceus.

It starts to glow once more as its color rapidly change. After a few seconds it stops. The rings around it turn purple and its chest is gray once more. It quickly walks west, spotting a Chatot nearby and a Xatu a bit further west. The Xatu decides to chicken out and quickly flee north as Arceus approaches. Chatot tries its best to fly north and up over the wall again. It does not escape in time.

Arceus starts to glow dark purple. After a few seconds a powerful beam of energy is shot into the sky. It explodes in a beautiful burst. Pillars of dark purple light rain down over the moat and some of the castle. The Substitute that the Chatot had fades, and the real one cannot escape the damage either. It gets coated in a thick dark purple goo, which poisons the bird. The moat seems to be rather poisonous as well. The castle walls seem to be dripping with it also. Chatot manages to fly over the wall, into the safety of the castle. For now.

~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 06-02-2015, 08:45 PM   #14
Lady Kuno

Kuno-chan: It looks like the hail stopped. That's good news for pretty much everyone that isn't an ice type.

Kuno-kun: That poor, poor ice type.

Kuno-chan: They managed to do well so far.

Kuno-kuno: More importantly, lets see what's going on in this giant castle disaster.

To the north, a Magmortar and Gengar can be seen. They start to spew some nasty Smog towards the center of the castle. The Zangoose carrying the Rattata suddenly Teleports away as Rattata uses a Pursuit to get close to the Pidgeot. Tensions rise as a random Roar can be heard. Pidgeot decides to clear the skies with a Hurricane! The Smog effortlessly gets blown away as it dissipates. The Pidgeot looks kind of exhausted from the big attack as Rattata takes advantage of this. It lays down the law with a Thunder, dealing hefty amounts of damage. The bird shrugs it off and uses a Roost to restore energy.

To the south, a poisoned Chatot can be seen flying towards the northeast. Misdreavous is just hanging out as Dusclops is quickly escaping to the south. Togetic also appears to be escaping as it goes east over the garden wall of the castle. The Golurk that was chasing the Dusclops got stopped by the mega scary dark types Roar, letting it get back to the south again.

The Electivire that was to the south quickly goes northeast. It is a bit far and by the time it arrives it's only really near the Golurk. It pounds into the ground with an Earthquake, hurting the poor ghost type even more. It then Screeches for reasons no one understands because pretty much everyone already did something by the time it showed up. A Kirlia also mysteriously appeared in place of the Nidoking that was there earlier. Weird.

Kuno-kun: No one died? Again?

Kuno-chan: Well......

The camera featuring Ho-oh can be seen again. It quickly flies towards a Kirlia as it readies a powerful fire attack. The Kirlia then vanishes with a Teleport. War flashbacks to the past play in our heads. A Teleport. A Toxic. All too familiar nightmares. But this time the Kirlia has an extra trick. It swaps places with Ally Swap, making a Nidoking appear.

Of course the Ho-oh by this point is thrashing and turning. And if it had more time it could have knocked it off. But the Nidoking places a large amount of rock energy into its head, and bashes it with a Head Smash. The screen suddenly cuts out....

The rest of the monitors come into focus.

It starts to glow once more as its color rapidly change. After a few seconds it stops. The rings around it turn red and its chest is gray once more. It quickly walks west, reaching the southwest edge of the castle. It faces north and spots the fleeing Xatu. It summons a Future Sight to strike it in a few turns.

~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 06-03-2015, 08:59 PM   #15
Lady Kuno

Kuno-chan: It looks like someone is messing with the weather again. Now the sun is starting to shine quite a bit. It's warm and toasty. Perfect for this spring season.

Kuno-kun: More money on the AC again. I can't believe it was Hailing a few rounds ago.

Kuno-chan: We've had quite a bit of weather shenanigans so far. However by this point, if you're not a water, fire, or ice type, you will probably be unable to change the weather due to the massive cost to do so.

Kuno-kuno: As fun as talking about energy is, let's watch the mayhem unfold!

Things are happening. Lots of things. All at once. Magmortar stealthily lets out some Smog as it starts to waft down towards Pokemon. However this plays absolutely no role in all the crazy stuff that happens this round.

By the crystal we see a Pidgeot and a Rattata dueling it out. The Rattata, knocked a bit due to wind, charges the Pidgeot with a Hyper Fang. However it had enough time to set up YET ANOTHER Quick Charge Substitute, as it takes the hit and vanishes. Incredible. The bird then starts to glow a bit and rise as it takes a Charge Beam from a nearby Electivire. Thanks, buddy.

The electric attack doesn't seem to stop the glow as Pidgeot dives into the crystal with a Brave Bird and.. it breaks! Both the crystal and probably some of Pidgeots bones. It doesn't suffer for long as Rattata lets out an Ice Beam, finishing it! Meanwhile over in the east a little bit we had a Hydregion show up to the party. It quickly jumped off the tower, looking incredibly badass for anyone who got to witness it. Which unfortunately for it, was no one at all. It takes its sadness out on a nearby Kirlia, who is looking longingly out the castle hole. "When will my husband return from the war" it is probably thinking. Maybe not, though. It eats a Flash Cannon from the Hydregion as it decides to turn tail and run Teleport out of the castle! Goodbye, Kirlia.

Elsewhere in the castle we have movement on the ghost types. Misdreavus goes north a little bit more as Dusclops approaches the northeast party. Crobat quickly dives towards the Electivire, nailing it with an Astonish! It seems to interrupt some attack it planned after the earlier Charge Beam. Now we will never know what move it was going to use. We do know that as I was typing that, I was secretly distracting you as Crobat steals a badge from it with Thief. Nice tag team there, Crobat. Lets take this pickpocketing duo to the streets of Rome some time.

The Golurk decides it must be fun beating up those who are down and gives the Electivire a nice Drain Punch, restoring some much needed health and energy. It then slams into it with a very powerful Direct Contact Earthquake. This is very obviously revenge for last round. Meanwhile the Crobat ascends a bit to get in range of a fleeing Chatot. It takes advantage of the fact it is poisoned and lets loose a Venoshock. How tactical! Smogon get on our level. Chatot does not appear to be happy with this and lets out random and strange noises. Chatter does a bit of boosted damage to the sound sensitive flier, and even manages to confuse it! Oh no!

Meanwhile the Dusclops finishes its journey. It approaches the Golurk and sends it a goodbye present in the form of a Shadow Ball. The damage is just too much, as it goes down as well. Dusclops then gives everyone a Confuse Ray, for what appears to be for "funsies". But with Crobat already confused, it doesn't effect it. Electivire seems to be effected slightly but not too phased by it.

Suddenly a very loud sound can be heard coming from the northwest tower. An explosion.

Kuno-kun: What the heck was that?

Kuno-chan: Oh right. The Arceus. That's just been wandering around.

Kuno-kun: And with the crystal broken it's now doing whatever it wants?

Kuno-chan: We should probably check those monitors we've been ignoring so far and find out what the hell is going on.

Arceus starts to glow once more as its color rapidly change. After a few seconds it settles on a color scheme. The rings around it turn blue and its chest is a darker shade of blue. It starts to walk north at a faster pace when suddenly Xatu vanishes with a Teleport. Dejected, it continues walking north normally. Suddenly a crystal shatters. It looks around for the closest target and spots a Magmortar on a tower nearby.

Arceus starts to summon some energy and it blasts a bright blue beam into the sky. It shatters with a mighty force as massive blue shards of energy crash down into the earth. Upon contact with anything solid, the energy bursts into liquid, like massive raindrops. Magmortar's Substitute stands no chance as it vanishes and Magmortar itself takes massive damage. The moat starts to overflow. The top of the northwest tower turns into a massive waterfall. Water spills on all sides of the castle and the castle wall. A large amount of the attack also hit the northwest part of the main castle. Regardless of all that, the water cant all stay at the top of the tower as most of it is poured down the stars and into the main castle area. And with it, Magmortar. Behold, the surfing Magmortar.

Kuno-kun: That was everything I ever wanted in life.

Kuno-chan: With two KOs as well, this was a very interesting round. Even the warmer weather didn't stop that from being less painful that much. Anyway, see you all next time!

Kuno-kun: Stay fresh!

Kuno-chan: You.. did not just do that.

Kuno-kun: Hey with this water apocalypse I thought it was relevant.

Kuno-chan: Let's just end it here. Just stop.

~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 06-04-2015, 09:07 PM   #16
Lady Kuno

Kuno-chan: So with the crystal gone, I expect we'll see more Arceus fun.

Kuno-kun: It is very fun. Mostly for us. What is with the color changing, though?

Kuno-chan: It seems like it will randomly change type every turn. It will not pick the same type again though. But when it becomes every possible type, it'll restart all over again.

Kuno-kuno: How exciting. Let's see who dies this time.

Like the movie water world, lots of expensive stuff is getting completely flooded. To the north, our surfing Magmortar manages to save its skin by Teleporting out of the castle. The Chatot that is poisoned also makes it over the wall to the east. Go little birdy, go.

Near the crystal, a Rattata starts things off with a Screech, bringing both the Electivire and Crobat back to their senses. The Misdreavus heads east, hoping to attack the Electivire but it vanishes as well! Another Teleport. It seems the property value of the castle is quickly dropping. We also have two more that want to jump ship.

The Rattata uses a Quick Attack to make it to the escape hole. Crobat uses an Agility to do the same. Suddenly a large smashing sound can be heard to the east. A Surf. Of fairly large proportions. It quickly races east as the rat and the bat make it to the exit. It would appear all their time together helped build their bond as the Rattata knows exactly how to jump onto the Crobat as they make it to the exit. The Crobat quickly ascends out as moments later a huge crashing sound can be heard. The wave hit the east wall. Water gushes out of the escape hole made by the Golurk. They fly out last second like a scene from a bad 80s action flick.

Going back briefly in time, we see the Hydreigon has eyes on the Misdreavus. And not in a romantic way, but in a murderizing way. It gathers dark energy and sends waves of it forward with a Dark Pulse. But this causes YET ANOTHER Substitute to vanish. How unexpected. Suddenly a large crash can be heard. The Surf. The ghost type manages to phase through it, avoiding getting sent to the splash zone. The Hydreigon takes resisted damage, but it's Substitute fades and the real Hydreigon cannot avoid the hit.

Rather annoyed, the dragon type sends out yet another Dark Pulse. This attack hits true. Suddenly the user of the Surf can be seen walking this way. It is Arceus. This time with a brownish/yellow ring and a gray chest. It starts to gather a large amount of dragon energy, and then blasts it at the two Pokemon! It's a Draco Meteor and boy does it hurt. The Hydreigon takes quite a bit of damage from that one. The Misdreavus looks rather beaten up as well. Hydreigon puts it out of its misery with one final Dark Pulse. It goes down, KOed. All that is left in the castle is a Hydreigon and an Arceus.

Kuno-kun: Look at all that water everywhere.

Kuno-chan: It's not SO BAD. The temple was destroyed in the blast, though. In most of the castle you can stand and the water will reach your knees or waist. Thankfully Hydreigon can float so it doesn't mind the water.

Kuno-kun: We also got a KO as everyone else ran away. RIP.

Kuno-chan: It's already a ghost so I'm not sure RIP applies. Either way, see you guys next round!

~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 06-05-2015, 08:49 PM   #17
Lady Kuno

Kuno-kun: It looks like people are dropping like flies.

Kuno-chan: Sadly it's not even all for view. People started to scatter and died out of vision of the castle.

Kuno-kun: Come back to the castle! There's only mild flooding!

The castle seems to be fairly flooded. While it's only a few feet high in most of the castle, the northwest corner still seems to have more water. Fun times! All that is left in here is a Hydreigon and Arceus who seem to be uninterested in each other. The Hydreigon uses a Surf to quickly travel northwest, passing by the Arceus. I suppose a ceasefire has been created. Good to know. Hydreigon then starts to rise up, but doesn't make it out of the castle before the round ends.

Kuno-kun: That's extremely boring. Considering the last few rounds.

Kuno-chan: What can you do. We did have a lot of intense fighting over there.

Kuno-kun: How about we look at the Arceus cam and see what's going on.

Arceus starts to glow once more, as its colors settle on a gray chest with a pink ring. It floats up, over a large wave and over the height of the walls It walks north over the wall of the castle. To the northeast, it spots a Magmortar walking east behind a Pursuiting Spiritomb. What is it using Pursuit on? It just slowly heads east. Suddenly a Zangoose pops out of the ground with a Protect quickly around it. It gets bonked for light damage from Pursuit, causing the Protect to fade away. The Zangoose looks around, confused. Suddenly the Magmortar approaches with a glowing fist. KAPOW. A Dynamicpunch finishes the job. It's down fo the count.

~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 06-06-2015, 07:18 PM   #18
Lady Kuno

Kuno-kun: We have a NEWS FLASH!

Kuno-chan: This is Round 15. Starting on Round 20, the entire "A" column and "6" row will be considered OUT OF ARENA! If you find yourself in this part of the map when it turns Round 20, you will be disqualified!

Kuno-kun: But that's not all! At that point Teleport will be limited to half a square radius!

Kuno-chan: Please be sure to plan accordingly!

The castle is empty and desolate. Despite a large flood appearing, washing away our combatants, the large surface area of the castle has reduced the floodwater to a mere 2 or so feet of water. The moat outside the castle got expanded a bit, but is otherwise deeper in some areas as well. On the roof of the castle, to the west, Hydreigon can be seen using Roost. I suppose it owns the castle now.

Kuno-chan: We need to start a campaign to bring people back in here. There's no blood. No excitement!

Kuno-chan: How about we just have Pimp Master Jay watch the Rebellion Crystal next round?

Kuno-kun: Good idea! Let's do that.

Arceus starts to glow once more, as its colors settle on a gray chest with a sky blue ring. It walks north, spotting a Pokemon in a corn field from above. it gets closer and lets out a hot dosage of Fire Blast! The Pokemon, a Gengar, seems to be ready for this. It stops the attack with a Protect. However the fake corn damage is real. All around the Gengar the fake, plastic corn has melted or otherwise been destroyed. Oh the humanity.

~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 06-07-2015, 09:01 PM   #19
Lady Kuno

Kuno-kun: Despite our news flash last round, someone decided to tempt fate by going out of bounds.

Kuno-chan: Well they won't be DQed just yet. Those areas are still in play. Please be safe and to make sure you stay within the combat zone when we get to Round 20.

Kuno-kun: We should also get Pimp Master Jay to Teleport near the Rebellion Crystal!

Kuno-chan: Good idea! Go Jay, go!

The castle slowly drains of water as Pimp Master Jay makes like Sudowoodo and leaves. He Teleports to the northeast, in a prime position to watch all the excitement.

We are now in a Foresight field as the fire continues to burn. Due to the hail earlier, the smaller fires around the large fire have been put out, stopping the spread. We see a Gothorita using a Helping Hand on a nearby Sableye. Look at that. The power of friendship. Incredible. It then goes a bit east to avoid being spotted or something to that effect, probably. It's getting close to that edge though. It should be careful.

Looking further east however, we spot a large Arceus. After it stopped glowing it appears to have a light green ring around it with a darker green chest. It walks east. Of course the Pokemon it is walking towards are not exactly just hanging around. Magmortar quickly goes northeast into the corn field. Spiritomb heads east but stops at the Foresight. This is because it has a couple of copy images up.

Electivire seems to just be floating there, waiting for something. It does nothing eventful, being almost as boring as bringing an Electivire to a match. Togetic goes northwest, nailing the Spiritomb with a Dazzling Gleam. It gets lucky as the other copies fade and a Substitute vanishes. Woah! The Sableye went around the fire to join the battle as it uses its own Dazzling Gleam. It is a very bright battle as Spiritomb takes this attack head on for quite a bit of damage.

Spiritomb isn't too thrilled with this. It lets out an Ominous Wind at its rival Ghost/Dark type. It takes some damage, but the Togetic wastes no time in attacking again. It shines the light on Spritomb once again with a second Dazzling Gleam from it! It's not looking so great. The Sableye now lets out a Shadow Ball, adding more insult to injury. But mostly injury as it's looking fairly beaten up. It uses a second Ominous Wind on the Sableye. The Rebellion Crystal restores some health and energy for most of the Pokemon nearby, including these three battlers. How exciting.

It would appear the round has ended with Arceus too far from anyone to attack. How disappointing.

Kuno-chan: That's it for this round. See you guys next time!

TEN TURNS REMAIN UNTIL DIVINE RESURRECTION

~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 06-08-2015, 07:56 PM   #20
Lady Kuno

Kuno-kun: Despite our news flash last round, someone is STILL out of bounds. I wonder what they are doing.

Kuno-chan: Clearly they want to be DQed. It will be entertaining to watch.

Kuno-kun: Speaking of entertaining stuff, let's look at the Rebellion Crystal.

Kuno-chan: Excellent.

The Arceus, ever glowing and ominous, changes colors rapidly. This time it settles on a dark purple ring with a green coat. It walks in the sky towards the party. The party, of course, decided to flee the scene like a college party when the police show up. Electivire heads towards the edge at a casual pace, while Togetic and Gothorita are not as causual. Gothorita decides to throw caution into the wind. Caution, and it's body. It jumps the fourty foot drop and.. ow. That hurts. Quite a bit. It painfully makes its way to the crystal, giving a nearby Kirlia a Heal Pulse. The Kirlia replies with a Helping Hand, but unless that Kirlia is a paramedic that Helping Hand isn't helping anyone.

Back on top of the cliff, the Sableye goes for a Dark Pulse on the Spiritomb.. but it seems to be ready for damage with a Protect! It eats the hit up as the fleeing Pokemon retreats to the forest to the south. Goodbye, Spiritomb. As Sableye watches it go, a Magmortar appears from the corn field. It too, wants to party. The Sableye gets blasted with a Confuse Ray by the fire type, leaving it unable to answer where said party is at. And where is the party? Why, it was here all along.

Arceus blasts a dark purple beam into the sky as it explodes in a brilliant burst of light. It then rains down havoc as the energy bursts into dragon flames onto the arena. Everything is on fire and oh my god does it burn. The Magmortar doesn't seem to be enjoying this. It's never been on the burning end of a fire before and it doesn't seem to be having much fun. The Sableye, now not confused due to the wake up call, heads towards the cliff. The Magmortar seems to be rather miserable. Poor guy.

Kuno-chan: No one seems to have died but we witnessed another Judgment and honestly, that's all we could ever ask for.

Kuno-kun: See ya next round!

NINE TURNS REMAIN UNTIL DIVINE RESURRECTION

~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 06-09-2015, 06:30 PM   #21
Lady Kuno

Kuno-kun: This is a boring round. Prepared to be rather bored.

Kuno-chan: I'm already bored. Let's just look at the boring mess and then go to sleep.

Kuno-kun: Good idea.

Arceus starts to change once more. Its rings turn more orange with a brownish coat. It then starts to gather a large bit of energy in a classic attack - Hyper Beam. With Electivire running south, Spiritomb out of sight and Sableye down the cliff as well, Magmortar is the only target. It manages to run north out of the dragon fire as it puts up a last second Protect! It manages to save its skin from being melted off. Which to be fair, is kind of weird to happen to a fire type.

Its journey takes it a bit more north as it runs into a Togetic readying an attack. Having just defied a god, it has no issues using a Screech to stop the weird fairy egg thing from attacking, as it continues along north.

EIGHT TURNS REMAIN UNTIL DIVINE RESURRECTION

~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 06-10-2015, 07:08 PM   #22
Lady Kuno

Kuno-kun: No one dies.. again?

Kuno-chan: Nope. At least the arena will get smaller next round. And Teleport will get smaller as well. Until then.. nap time.

Arceus glows as its rings becomes gray, and its coat becomes dark gray. It gracefully walks over the dragon fire and over the ledge of the cliff. Of course as it was walking in the air previously, it continues to do so. Unlike other Pokemon which shall not be named.

It spots a Kirlia that is not moving or doing much. Rocks begin to materialize in front of it. A Rock Slide. They get launched at the psychic type for some damage. It then drops its levitation and slams into the ground with an Earthquake! The Kirlia takes some damage, as does the nearby crystal. A Gothorita and Sableye that are walking, supporting each other also fall over. It is truly hilarious to witness.

To the north a Magmortar is confused by a Togetics Sweet Kiss. It starts to flee as it gets greedy with a Water Pulse! The water attack snaps it out of its confusion as it gets rather ticked off. It charges at the Togetic, following it into the forest. It musters up a Thunderbolt, and shocks the Togetic. Literally. It then coughs up a nasty Belch, putting some serious hurt on the Togetic. It's not looking so great, despite getting a boon from the crystal.

SEVEN TURNS REMAIN UNTIL DIVINE RESURRECTION

~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 06-11-2015, 05:28 PM   #23
Lady Kuno

Kuno-chan: The arena is now quite a bit smaller. Also Teleport seems to be quite limited. I wonder what effect this will have...

Arceus glows as the rings around it become silver, and its coat becomes dark gray. The nearby Kirlia Teleports away! But it doesn't seem like it goes far, it's just on the other side of the temple. Arceus jumps into the air and is now about 20 feet high once again. A large silver beam of energy is sent sky high. It explodes, raining down silver pieces of energy.

Upon contact with the ground, it solidifies into metal. Trees are flattened down, and the dirt and grass have now become a sheet of solid metal. The Kirlia cannot take much of this, as it quickly goes down, KOed. The temple in crystal inside are also destroyed. An entire section of the forest is now a metal skating rink of death.

Kuno-kun: That's totally metal.

Kuno-chan: Right.. Anyway. Here's the map! See ya next time~

SIX TURNS REMAIN UNTIL DIVINE RESURRECTION

~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 06-12-2015, 07:08 PM   #24
Lady Kuno

Kuno-kun: This smaller map is pretty great. Even Arceus agrees.

Kuno-chan: What makes you say that?

Kuno-kun: Well it's an Ice type now so that means it agrees with me.

Kuno-chan: I don't follow that logic but ok. How about we just look at what is happening.

Arceus starts to rise as its colors change once more. This time its rings become sky blue with a darker blue coat. It has risen above the cliff as it starts to head towards the castle.

Looking around it sees the small fire left by the Ho-oh earlier, and the much larger dragonfire still burning. To the northeast, a large amount of smoke obscures the view. It starts to head southeast as it spots a few Pokemon. It lets out an incredibly bright Flash in a way only a god can. The halts the movement of the Crobat, Rattata, and Spiritomb for a moment as their vision gets disrupted. Of course it does not last for too long, as Crobat and Rattata continue north. The Spiritomb seems to wait. It stops as Arceus approaches. Spiritomb then readies it's move...

A Pain Split. It focuses intently on the god in the sky gracefully walking to the castle. However this causes it to stop. It looks down at who dares bother it, like any deity judging a mortal. It starts to gather energy for something... The Spiritomb nabs a very large amount of health with Pain Split! Of course the maximum which can be siphoned is a full Hyper Beams worth. Which is exactly what the Spiritomb is about to eat. Arceus blasts out a Full Charge Hyper Beam at the poor ghost type. It loses the amount of health it just absorbed, with the added bonus of wasting a lot of energy.

Kuno-kun: That's totally metal.

Kuno-chan: Right.. Anyway. Here's the map! See ya next time~

FIVE TURNS REMAIN UNTIL DIVINE RESURRECTION

~ haiku, Morg 2017

Old 06-13-2015, 06:04 PM   #25
Lady Kuno

Kuno-kun: This smaller map is great. So far so good.

Kuno-chan: I agree. We've been getting a lot of fighting. Or if not fighting, a lot of people giving chase and trying to kill each other.

Kuno-kun: I approve of this sudden change.

Kuno-chan: Although to be fair, some of our participants have been on the chase for most of the GM. But that's life. Anyway, lets check the cameras!

Arceus begins to glow and change again. Now it dons an orange ring with a dark red chest. It walks towards the castle at a moderate pace. As soon as it reaches the moat, it pulls up a large bit of the water and sends it over the castle walls! It seems to be using Surf on whoever is on the other side! Of course it can't see who is in there, and so, neither can you. The round ends uneventfully? Or does it. No it doesn't because a few people died.

Kuno-kun: I'm fine with a few deaths. Even if we have no idea how it happened.

Kuno-chan: It is a mystery! Keep up the pace and the GM will be over with! I mean, we have eight people left now! Eight!

Kuno-kun: And that's as many as four twos?

Kuno-chan: And that's terrible.

Kuno-kun: Anyway, good luck to everyone left. See you next round!

FOUR TURNS REMAIN UNTIL DIVINE RESURRECTION

~ haiku, Morg 2017

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Statistics and Battle Archive