UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > New Bark Tundra

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2015, 12:57 PM   #1
Goose
Cascade Badge
 
Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Middle of Nowhere, USA
Posts: 446
Vita Begins: episode 1

A couple of figures approach Azalea from the East, one that appears to be a human the other a sheep-like pokemon. "Fluffball, we are almost to Azalea" Vita says to his Mareep.
"Mareep!" she responds enthusiastically. "When we get there, we need to get something to eat." he says before his stomach starts to rumble. "Mar..." Fluffball responds.
He looks around the small town. "Fluff, you should be glad you have that wool to keep you warm." says Vita as he searches for his winter clothing. Fluffball smiles at her trainer. *Vita Sighs* "This place has really changed since I was last here a few years ago." He says before walking up to the door of the pokemon center and noticing a sheet of paper with something written on it. " This pokemon center is temporary closed. Sorry for the inconvenience." "Oh come on." Vita says before turning around. "I'm sorry Fluff." he says before petting her. *Vita's stomach rumbles again* Fluffball looks at her trainer again, but this time with a look of sadness on her face. He walks around in the snow again wondering where he will go again. He reaches towards his necklace and opens it to look at the picture contained inside. "Bro, I won't let you down. I will help to fix everything wrong in the world." A tear comes to his left eye. Fluffball sees his tear and goes to her trainer. Vita sets down on the ground and Fluffball places her head on his crossed legs as if to try and make help him stop crying. "Fluff," he says while petting her again "I know you will always be there for me but..." looks back at the picture " I wonder where they are and how they are doing." *another sigh* He stops looking at the picture and goes back to the pokemon center only to find that it is still closed. Fluffball pulls on Vita's pants leg with her mouth. "Yes, Fluff." he asks. She starts to head towards the gym. "Oh yea I forgot there was a gym here." he heads towards the gym with Fluffball and meets her at the door. They enter the gym to think about what to do next.

Last edited by Goose; 04-25-2015 at 11:09 PM.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:16 AM   #2
Sparkbeat
I make cryin' babies weep
 
Sparkbeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,243
As soon as Vita and Fluff step in front of the doors to the Gym, the old, wooden door surprises them greatly by sliding to the side, the motion detector sensing their approach. Taken aback slightly, the two of them slowly enter the Gym, Vita glancing back to see the door as it slides back into place, revealing the real door to be made of glass, plastic, and metal, the rickety wood on the outside simply being a facade to fit in with the town better. Turning around he's met with a world completely different from the chilling tundra surrounding him. All around the large dome, starting just a couple yards in front of the two, are large plants and trees, all vibrant and fruitful, dew seemingly dripping off every last inch of greenery. The sparkling effect could be attributed to the plethora of spider webs lining the walls of the greenhouse, many Spinarak and Ariados sitting upon them. Upon further inspection, many more bug types crawl around the trees of the sanctuary, ranging from local Caterpie to bizarre, foreign species such as Scatterbug and Wurmple. Throughout the jungle, a few men and women tend to the bug types, or water the plants, working hard to keep their gym looking its best. On either side of the greenhouse is a single door, presumable leading into the rest of the gym. Just to the pair's right is a board hammered onto the wall of the gym with many sheets of paper tacked to it. Stepping out in front of it for a closer look, Vita reads the heading: Job Bulletin. Underneath, he sees the various kinds of requests put in by the people of the town, ranging from handyman jobs to delivery pick ups. However, in the center is a large poster board. In the middle of it is a picture of a stunning shrine, made with masterful craftsmanship and adorned with a wooden Celebi on top. Below, the text read, "Help rebuild Azalea's beloved Shrine! See DJ Contesto or one of his employees for more information."

"Oh, hello there," comes a young voice behind Vita, calling his attention away from the board as he turns around to face it. "I don't think I recognize you, so welcome to the Azalea Town Gym! I'm Riho Hayashi, resident gym trainer and assistant butterfly caretaker. Your name's?"

As Vita gives her his name, he gets his first good look at her. She appears to be about his age, maybe slightly younger, and a bit shorter as well, but not by very much. Her pale green hair is straight, ending just an inch or so above her shoulder, with a light lilac clip keeping her bangs back, pinned behind her ear. She gives him a sharp, but welcoming smile as she introduces herself, matching well with her strangely vibrant, but light creamed coffee eyes. Having just come over from helping adjust a nest, she is still in her damp, sappy work getup, consisting of a pair of jeans and an equally dirty t-shirt that matched her hair clip color-wise.

"Ah, Vita's a nice name. It sounds like a good breath of fresh air. And your Mareep's quite the cutie," she adds with a wink at Fluff. "Well, is there anything I can do for you, Vita?"
__________________
FB Profile | ASB Squad | WF Quest Log
Sparkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:27 AM   #3
Goose
Cascade Badge
 
Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Middle of Nowhere, USA
Posts: 446
"Help rebuild Azalea's beloved Shrine! See DJ Contesto or one of his employees for more information." He reads to himself. Before he can look away to find some one, he hears a voice from behind him and sees a girl, who looks to be about 17 or 18. "Oh, hello there, I don't think I recognize you, so welcome to the Azalea Town Gym! I'm Riho Hayashi, resident gym trainer and assistant butterfly caretaker. Your name's?" She asks
"M-my names Travis Wilson, but everyone just calls me Vita and this is my Mareep, Fluffball but I shorten it down to Fluff. Its a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Riho." He says as he gets a good look at her
"Ah, Vita's a nice name. It sounds like a good breath of fresh air. And your Mareep's quite the cutie." She says as she adds a wink to Fluff. "Well, is there anything I can do for you, Vita."
"Yes, there is." he says before pointing back at the job bulletin "Could I get some information on that rebuilding the shrine job?" He asks as he adjusts his bangs back over his right eye.

Last edited by Goose; 04-30-2015 at 07:56 AM.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:35 AM   #4
Sparkbeat
I make cryin' babies weep
 
Sparkbeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,243
"Want to help out with the shrine, huh? Well that's great! I was just about to make a trip to Goldenrod to pick up some supplies for it," she mentioned, beaming at Vita's interest in helping out the poor structure. "Having some extra help would be great! We'll just be trekking up through Ilex Forest and the plains to pick up some lumber and building supplies."

"Hey, Riho! Can you come help us out with this Venomoth?" came a shout from deeper inside the greenhouse.

"Yeah Ron, just a sec!" she called back. "Well, if you still want to help us out, meet me at the edge of town in an hour or two. We'll head through Ilex today, then probably spend a night out on the plains," she trailed off after the last sentence, her eyes staring at an space just beside Vita. "Hey, you little scamp, don't go stealing from our guests," she scolded with a giggle. Suddenly, a Scatterbug popped its head out of Vita's Berry Pouch, cheeks filled with a Cheri Berry. Riho walked over and lifted the plump little bug out of the bag, holding him easily in one hand. "I'm so sorry about that," she apologized, evidently a bit amused by the incident. "Here's another Cheri Berry to make up for that one. Feel free to look around the town or the gym while if wait for me to get off work, if you're still interested," she offered, tossing Vita another Cheri Berry from her own pouch before heading back into the jungle, placing the little thief on a low tree branch.
__________________
FB Profile | ASB Squad | WF Quest Log
Sparkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:17 PM   #5
Goose
Cascade Badge
 
Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Middle of Nowhere, USA
Posts: 446
"Fluff, you want to go see if the pokemon center is open now." Vita asks. "Mar!" She responds. "Lets go then." They then leave to gym to check and see if it is. Unfortuntally for them, the center was still locked. "Well, might as well just look around to see how much has changed since I've last been here." With those words coming from his mouth, Vita begins to have a memory of his last visit to Azalea, about 13 years ago.
A figure appears in his memory. At first it appears to be a young child, maybe 6 or so, and as it gets closer, he then hears a voice in his memory. "Travis, are you alright." The figure says. "Yea, I am. What happened?" Vita remembers saying. "You went wondeing off and got to close to a hive of Beedrill. Luckly, dad wasn't to far away." The figure says. This state of rememberance doesn't last much longer, as Vita then feels Fluff rubbing herself on his leg. He pets her then checks his PokeGear, and sees the had to the edge of town. "Well, lets go." He says to Fluff before heading towards the entrance of Ilex Forest

Last edited by Goose; 04-30-2015 at 09:12 PM.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:58 PM   #6
Sparkbeat
I make cryin' babies weep
 
Sparkbeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,243
As Vita nears the edge of the chilly forest, he spies a group of two people a couple yards away. "Hey, Vita! Over here," shouts Riho with a wave. "Glad you decided to come help out. This is Ron, by the way. You heard him back at the gym," she says, motioning to the man beside her, who somehow manages to tower over Vita, being nearly a good half a foot taller. His long, dark, shiny hair falls down past his shoulder, being even longer than Riho's, and his goatee matches it in color. Like Riho, he's in a pair of jeans, but has on a tanned pair of work boots and a plaid button up shirt, the colors of which vary between different shades of brown and dark greens, though it seems a bit small for the muscular lumberjack-like man.

"Nice to meetcha," he says with an easy going smile. "It's a pleasure to be travelin withya."

"Alright, let's get going then. We want to try to make it through the forest by nightfall," Riho explains, and the three begin their trek down a nearby path into the forest. Soon, they're surrounded by thick bushes, many consisting of purely branches and little greenery, and jagged trees, branches intertwining with one another to form a mess of wood. However, as they continue, the forest continues to grow healthier, more verdant greens appearing all around them, but there remain to be little to no signs of life inside the woods. That is, until a loud, "Scat!" rings out from behind them. "What's that!" Riho exclaims in alarm, turning on the dot. Trailing a bit behind her, Ron and Vita turn as well to see a little Scatterbug a good few yards behind them. But that's not all thats there. Approaching from all sides are five Taillow, inching towards the bug as they prepare to strike.

"Ron, can you take a few of them? I can handle one, but anymore might get rough," Riho asks, grabbing a Pokeball from her belt. With a click, a bright streak of red shoots out, and as the energy bursts away, a Vivillon with a sky blue top wing and slightly darker bottom wing emerges at her side.

"Yep, not a problem, Ri," Ron chuckles in reply, though his face takes on a more serious look as he repeats Riho's action, a larger sort of rock hermit crab appearing at his side, the Crustle snapping its claws already prepared for action. "Hey Vita, you've got yourself an electric type. Why don't you take one yourself and give Riho's butterfly some cover?"
__________________
FB Profile | ASB Squad | WF Quest Log
Sparkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 01:30 PM   #7
Goose
Cascade Badge
 
Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Middle of Nowhere, USA
Posts: 446
"Of course, I will give it some cover." Vita looks at Fluff "Alright, Fluff you ready for your first actual battle?" Vita asks Fluff. "Mar-Mareep!" she responds enthusiastically to the question. "Alright then, lets do this!" Vita says as he turns to face the horde of Tailow. "Ron, Riho, I got the couple on the right." he says to them.

Fluff walks a little bit in front of Vita, to show that she is ready for her first battle. She then shakes at the Tailow and a slight, electrical crackling is heard coming from her wool.
"Alright, Fluff, you see the two on the right?" She nods to show her understanding. "Go for a Tackle on each!" Vita exclaims.

Last edited by Goose; 05-02-2015 at 01:37 PM.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 02:28 AM   #8
Sparkbeat
I make cryin' babies weep
 
Sparkbeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,243
"Right then. Rocky, you take those two on the left," Ron commands, as he points out the two birds creeping towards the shivering Scatterbug's side. "Finish'em off quick with a Rock Blast."

"And Cyan, you handle the one behind it by sweeping it away with a Gust then tuck it into bed with a Sleep Powder," Riho chimes in, her Vivillon nodding in understanding. "Alright guys. Three, two, one," she counts down as the three Pokemon inch nearer to the group of Taillow, remaining unseen for as long as possible. "Now!"

Rocky, Ron's Crustle, is the first off the mark. Opening his claws wide, he shoots a volley of stones out of both claws, aiming directly at two to the approaching Taillow. Just as they turn their heads, the squawk as the rocks slam right into their beaks, knocking them both to their sides. Meanwhile, Cyan soars over the top of the Scatterbug, who is now crawling frantically towards the group of trainers, and flaps her powerful wings to create a small cyclone. It plummets to the ground, scooping up the surprised Taillow and carrying him backwards down the path aways. Not letting up for a moment, Cyan quickly pursues the twister, and as it winds down, she drops a fine, glowing emerald powder over the Taillow. Sadly, the bird is quick to recover, and with a sudden burst of speed, it darts out of range, soaring low to the ground before arcing up once out of the powder's trajectory.

"Damn, he's a quick one," Riho muttered, biting her lip with a stern look on her face as she observed the newly begun aerial battle.

As the other two events occur, Fluff charges towards the two Taillow to the right side of the Scatterbug. Hearing her footsteps, they Taillow attempt to get away, but only the farther one escapes, the first receiving a vicious Tackle from the larger sheep. While the second one simply ascends, the first one rolls across the ground before gingerly getting up and flying to a nearby tree.

"Rocky, intercept with Smackdown!" Ron shouts in his gruff, commanding and strong voice. Over Fluff's head, a compact earthy orb shoots by, striking the escaping Taillow just as it attempts to get to cover, stopping it short as it plummets to the ground. "Nice shot, buddy. Vita, Cyan might need some cover. I can handle that one above you in the meantime. Maybe there's a move your Mareep knows that could help that Vivillon out."

"Oh please, Ron, I've got it under control," Riho snaps back. "Cyan, try a Stun Spore this time, then a Psybeam!"

"Whatever you say, Ri. Rocky, finish off that one above Fluff with another Rock Blast."

Crustle yet again takes aim, and while the Taillow manages to dart away from the first hit, the second hit sends him plummeting, and the third one sends him to the ground, obviously unable to continue.

This time, Cyan releases a cluster of shimmering yellow spores, but yet again, the Taillow remains alert, using yet another sudden burst of blazing speed to arc around the attack, curving upwards to ram its small frame into that of Cyan's, eliciting a whine from the butterfly. "Damn, he's quick," snarls Riho, a bit of frustration appearing on her face. Trying again to land a hit, Cyan opens her mouth, a rainbow light shining out of it before it collects together into a thin beam. The narrow beam of Psychic energy zips out of Cyan's mouth, and luckily, this time the attack is too fast for the Taillow to react to, striking the bird right in the chest. With an angry squawk of pain, it recoils before moving to retaliate. Like a dart, it pierces through the sky, beak first, and delivers a vicious Peck to Cyan's body, the Vivillon faltering slightly due to the hit, but not falling yet. The Taillow, however, is now left hovering in the air, breathing heavily while its body is now littered with ruffled feather and little bruises.

"Now, Vita! There's your opening!" comes the booming voice of Ron, as he aims a muscular finger at the unsuspecting Taillow.
__________________
FB Profile | ASB Squad | WF Quest Log
Sparkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:23 AM   #9
Goose
Cascade Badge
 
Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Middle of Nowhere, USA
Posts: 446
After watching the events of the last round, and thinking about what to do, Vita comes to the relization that Fluff doesn't have any damaging electric moves at her level. "I'm sorry for having to say this but Fluff's only damaging move, for now, is Tackle but I have an idea." Vita says to them. He then takes a pokeball and holds it in his hand and begins to think about throwing it.

Vita then turns back to Fluff and asks "See the one that attacked Cyan?" She nods" Aim a Thunder Wave at it then give it a Tackle. Vita says as he hopes his idea will work.

Last edited by Goose; 05-04-2015 at 06:22 AM.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:52 AM   #10
Sparkbeat
I make cryin' babies weep
 
Sparkbeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,243
Accepting her orders with a nod, Fluff rushes over towards where the Taillow hovers in midair, still catching its breath. Looking upwards, Fluff's coat crackles with electricity, sparks jumping from puff to puff, before it all extends in a trio of tendrils. They dart upwards, wrapping around the wild bird as they bind his muscles, leaving him paralyzed as he plummets to the ground. With a grin, Fluff takes off towards it as it falls, her jog quickly becoming a full blown sprint as she flings herself into the falling bird, intercepting it with a Tackle before it hits the ground.

"Now, Cyan! Finish it with another Gust!" commands Riho while the bird rolls across the ground from the impact of the tackle. Comboing off of Fluff's offensive, Cyan swoops overhead, once more flapping her wings vigorously to send a small scale tornado down to earth. It picks up the Taillow and carries it off into the woods before flinging it deeper into them, completely off the path.

"Great job you all," Ron joyously chuckles. "Especially you Rocky, way to show'em how it's done. Now get yourself a nice little rest." Taking out his Pokeball, he returns the Crustle to its home.

"I had it all under control, but anyways," Riho starts with a little glare at Ron, "you did good Vita," she congratulates, turning to the new trainer with a grin. "Looks like that little scamp agrees." The small Scatterbug, now directly in front of Vita, vigorously nods his head in agreement, looking up to the trainer with admiration in his eyes. "Maybe you should let him ride along with you for a while. Who knows, he may decide he wants to join you once he gets to know you a bit better."

As she finishes, Cyan and Fluff both reach their trainers, and Riho returns her Vivillon after a worthy amount of praise. When Fluff gets to Vita, she looks up at him with a happy, "Eeep!" as a vibrant blue aura surround her body. The energy soon joins together into two orbs, which sink into Fluff's body seamlessly, the Mareep feeling a bit rejuvenated as a new strength starts to flow through her.

Fluff has grown to Level 7!

"Alright then, now that that's settled, let's get a move on. We're gonna have to move pretty fast now to get through the woods before dark," Ron speculates. "Feel free to bring that little guy along if you want, Vita. Doesn't matter much to me what you decide to do, but we've gotta get going."
__________________
FB Profile | ASB Squad | WF Quest Log
Sparkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:06 PM   #11
Goose
Cascade Badge
 
Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Middle of Nowhere, USA
Posts: 446
Vita looks at Fluff and asks if she would mind if the Scatterbug came along. She shakes her head. Vita then gets down to the little bug's height and says "Well, even though you aren't an official member of my team, I feel obligated to give you a name. How about Karlos, do you like that?" "Scatter!" The bug responds before Vita picks him up and places him on his shoulder. "Well, are the both of you ready?" Both pokemon nod. "Lets get going then." Vita says

Last edited by Goose; 05-08-2015 at 06:55 PM.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:04 AM   #12
Lanturn
Just keep swimming x2
 
Lanturn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,654
The Scatterbug squeaks in excitement upon hearing the name, a joyful expression on his face as he is lifted to the trainer's shoulder. Twisting his body, the Scatterbug adjusts to his preferred position before letting out a cry of comfort.

"Karlos, eh," Ron grins, observing the blissful face of the Scatterbug. "Well, you better make sure he likes you enough to stick around. Anyways, let's get a move on. Gotta make it before dark."

With that, the group continues their trek through the forest. The hue of green remains mostly unchanged, but the forest appears to have become a little bit livelier. The lush green foliage begins to show signs of life, with the lush green forest appearing to house and hide the residents of the Ilex Forest. Occasionally, a few Pokemon will peek out to get a quick glance of the passing travellers, before quickly ducking back into their respective dens, clearly weary of the travellers and wishing to steer clear of them. Seeing this, the Scatterbug seems somewhat disappointed with this rather cold treatment of the Pokemon, as if he was distraught by the lack of Pokemon to prank.

Suddenly, the Bug type quickly jumps off Vita's shoulder, his eyes gleaming as he eyes a certain patch of red, spiky berries, darting towards the sides of the beaten path. The bush, bearing some unripe berries, shakes with life, potentially a Pokemon. The prediction is quickly confirmed when a white, small, squirrel Pokemon hops out of the bush, a ripened Tamato Berry between its short paws. Sporting a long tail and a colour scheme of white and light blue, the Pachirisu speedily consumes the berry, before directing a smirk towards the Scatterbug.

"That's a Pachirisu," Riho informed, "but I've never seen a wild one in Ilex Forest. Then how...?"

Leaving the question hanging, Ron merely shrugs in response. At the same time, the Scatterbug appears to be visibly irritated at the smug expression of the Pachirsu, as if he himself wants a Tamato Berry too. Fueled with annoyance, the Bug type scrambles forth, delivering a surprising, nasty tackle at Pachirsu. The electric rodent is caught by surprise and quickly falls over onto the soil, the squirrel Pokemon furious. As both Pokemon glare daggers with one another, on the verge of breaking into a fight, footsteps can be heard, gradually getting louder and louder.

"Hey!" a female voice can be heard from a distance as she jumps in front of the trio. "How dare you do this to my precious Pachirisu?" The teenage girl appears to be starting trainer, donning a rather clean white T-Shirt and a knee-length, dark skirt. Clinching tightly to the strap of shoulder bag, a bead of sweat rolls down her fair skin, as her lips remain tightly pursed, an indication of her nervousness.
__________________
[ASB Squad][Wild Future][Mountain Stones]

[Current WF Adventure]
(lol totally should update these links)
Lanturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:19 PM   #13
Goose
Cascade Badge
 
Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Middle of Nowhere, USA
Posts: 446
"How dare you do this to my precious Pachirisu?" A few moments of silence occurs before Vita begins to speak. "W-well, I'm sorry about that. I didn't know he was going to do that." He notices that the trainer appears to be nervious. "Are you new to this? Don't worry, I am as well. Also this is probably a bad time for this but I'm Travis Wilson but everyone just calls me Vita and this is my partner, Fluffball the Mareep. So, if you don't mind me asking, what is your name?" He asks her.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:35 PM   #14
Lanturn
Just keep swimming x2
 
Lanturn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,654
"I-It's okay," the girl stammered, before letting out a deep sigh. "My name is Dana. Nice to meet you to. Please let me apologise for reacting so drastically just now. My Pachirisu probably was the cause of the trigger of the attack, so I can't blame the Scatterbug for doing so..."

"Anyway, nice knowing you, Travis... um, Vita," Dana smiles, but her smile seems to contain some worry and pain. "I think I need to get a move on, too, if I want to reach Azalea City. Come on, let's go, Pachirisu."

Her hand motioning to the electric rodent, the Pachirisu merely cocks its head, ignoring the trainer as it points one of its condemning paw towards Scatterbug, its face full of fury, evidenced by the sparks flying from its cheek. Dana, predicting what is about to happen, quickly scoops up the Pachirisu, before giving an apologetic smile towards the group. However, a quick, cyan spark begins flies from the Pachirisu in Dana's hand, causing her to shriek as light electricity courses through her body, about as powerful as a really strong static shock. Her hands quickly let go out of instinct, and the Pachirsu flies out of her grasp, towards the Scatterbug once again.

"Are you okay?" Ron asks as he rushes forward, checking the condition of the girl. While suffering no visible physical injury, her mental state is a different story. Suddenly quiet, she takes a Pokeball and withdraws the Pachirisu, a red light trapping the Pachirisu back into the ball, before breaking down, collapsing onto the floor weakly.

"As you can see..." her voice croaks as she speaks, "my Pachirisu doesn't exactly like me very much. I don't even know what the problem is... I really can't do this any longer. I don't think I'm suited to be a trainer."

Sighing heavily, she looks at Vita. "I'm so jealous of you - being able to get along well with your Pokemon. I buy berries from the shop for her, and even give it some of my mother's herbs, which she spent great care on, but she just doesn't want to. Why? Now she doesn't even want to listen to my commands in my battle."
__________________
[ASB Squad][Wild Future][Mountain Stones]

[Current WF Adventure]
(lol totally should update these links)
Lanturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 03:47 PM   #15
Goose
Cascade Badge
 
Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Middle of Nowhere, USA
Posts: 446
Vita walks over to were Karlos is, plucks a ripe looking Tamato berry ftom the bush, then gives it to him. "There you go." He says as he places the Scatterbug back on his shoulder. "A few quick questions. First, why are you heading towards Azalea? Second, how long have you had your Pachirisu? If you haven't had it very long, that might explain why it won't listen and may need to get to know you better. Thats what I'm tringto do with this little guy." He points to Karlos as he says the last few words. "Finally, if it would help you, would you like to join us? Were heading back there in the morning any way." Hee says to her with a caring smile.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:17 PM   #16
Lanturn
Just keep swimming x2
 
Lanturn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,654
The Scatterbug lights up in delight as he wriggles forth, sinking his teeth right into the Tamato Berry. However, a look of disgust and horror soon takes over, as he quickly spits the raw, unripened Berry back out, groaning.

"Vita, it's important to check whether a berry is ripened or not when you find one," Riho says as she picks up the rejected berry, with its pink, unripened flesh inside, before tossing it back into the foilage, giving a glance towards the bush where the Tamato Berry came from. "It seems like there's only one Berry that's ripe enough to be eaten for that bush, I guess it just grows faster or something. Anyway, I think that's a fantastic idea for us to join forces. How about following us to Goldenrod and we'll escort you back, Dana? I think it will be very good for both you and Vita to be together, for the time being. It helps the two of you get better as trainers."

"Riho, you sound like a professional," Ron grins, causing Riho to swirl around just to make a face at Ron. "Though I fully support this idea. What do you think, Dana?"

"Thank you, please do take care of me!" Dana nods, as if a huge load has been taken off her mind, before bowing to Riho and Ron, startling the both of them somewhat. Turning to face Vita, she smiles. "Anyway, as you were asking, I was heading towards Azalea to meet a distant relative there, and was hoping he could help me with Pachirisu's problems, but in hindsight, I think it's definitely been better to straighten it out as soon as possible. Also, yes, she is indeed a new Pokemon for the team. I haven't dealt with any other Pokemon other than a family Pokemon so I'm not particularly sure how to deal with disobedient ones... Oh right, I forgot to introduce him to you guys!"

Her fingers curled around a Pokeball, she throws a Pokeball forth. A flash envelops the area for a split second, revealing a brown, bird Pokemon. Two foot, one body, two heads, the Doduo squawks ecstatically, as it nudges the trainer affectionately.

"This is my Doduo, a family Pokemon since I was young," she says, as she ruffles the feathers of the Flying type Pokemon. "He's a good boy, but he can't really stop Pachirisu during her moments of rampage, since Flying isn't exactly a great matchup against Electric."

As if on cue, another flash of light shoots out from the Pokemon, as Pachirisu jumps out. The Electric rodent gives a hard scowl when her eyes meet Doduo, but quickly swirls to meet the Scatterbug, now perched on Vita's shoulder. Again, point a condemning paw towards the Scatterbug, the Pachirisu takes a tense stance, barking cries of challenge towards the Scatterbug. The Bug type growls in reply, definitely still sore over the Tamato Berries.

"Pachirisu, now-" Dana says as she attempts to apprehend the aggressive and prideful Pachirisu.

"Why not, actually?" Ron speaks up, attracting the attention of the three... or five if one counts the two heads of Doduo pairs of eyes. "Let them duke it out a little. That will definitely put them back into the right mood and make the trip easier. In the meantime, I'll find something to placate everyone. Vita, how about it? I'm not sure if you can fully control the Scatterbug, but it's something worth trying. You up for it, though just make sure the fight doesn't get too out of hand?"

As Scatterbug and Pachirisu, both Pokemon ready for their some action, stand off, do you perhaps try to break up the fight somehow, or let them duke it out?
__________________
[ASB Squad][Wild Future][Mountain Stones]

[Current WF Adventure]
(lol totally should update these links)
Lanturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:02 PM   #17
Goose
Cascade Badge
 
Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Middle of Nowhere, USA
Posts: 446
"Ron, I would like to make it up to Karlos for my mistake, so I guess I'll battle with him." "And don't worry, I'll try my best to control him"Vita says before gently takeing Karlos off his shoulder and holds him to where he is at face level and says in a gentle, soothing voice " I hope this will prove I will be a good trainer for you." Then, Vita puts him down. "Alright, Karlos, are you ready?". He asks confidantly. "Scatter!" He responds while nodding his head." Alright then, aim a String Shot at it then Tackle."

Last edited by Goose; 06-24-2015 at 10:27 PM.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:21 PM   #18
Connor
Disillusioned
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8,012
With Karlos seemingly happy to listen to Vita's commands, the Scatterbug nods happily as he receives his orders. Watching on with cheeks crackling with electricity, Pachirisu grins widely, knowing he has gotten his own way. Wasting no time, he becomes overcome by a roiling yellow aura, sparks flying from the edges of the hue and fizzling out on the floor. As he gets ready to unleash the power, Karlos takes careful aim, spewing forth an incredibly sticky substance. The webbing manages to wrap around the legs of the Electric- type, and Pachirisu yelps as he staggers, tripping over and sending a jagged bolt of electricity into the air. Groaning as he forces himself back to his feet, he desperately tries to claw the webbing away from his limbs, but Karlos has no intention of leaving him to simply remedy his situation. Rushing along the ground with a speed belying his awkward anatomy, he slams into the gut of the Pachirisu, who gasps with pain.

Dana watches on, clearly quite worried for her Pokemon, but she forces the tears beginning to form at the edges of her eyes back. Ron watches on, a small grin on his face, as if he is privy to information the younger trainer had not quite realised as of yet.

Managing to bite through the remaining webbing tying his feet together, Pachirisu chirps into the air, determined to make sure those surrounding him do not forget about him. Staring his foe down, he again shows a determined stance with sparks crackling from his cheeks, his anger far from sated.
__________________
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:15 PM   #19
Goose
Cascade Badge
 
Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Middle of Nowhere, USA
Posts: 446
"What is it doing?" Vita asks himself as he watches the Pachirisu covers itself in an electric aura. Karlos aims his String Shot at the squirrel's feet causing it to lose its focus and fire the bolt into the air. "Was that... Thunderbolt? Vita thinks to himself again all the while Karlos charges at the Pachirisu, flinging his small body into a Tackle. As the first round ends, Vita looks over to Dana, who looks worried and possibly on the verge of tears.

Noticing this, Vita quickly thinks of something reassuring to say to her."Dana, there is no need to cry. I know you care about Pachirisu and deep down, it cares about you as well, if it didn't, it probably wouldn't of let you catch it. Hopefully, this battle will also prove to you that you will be a great trainer for not only it but everything you catch. I mean hell, maybe next time we meet up again, we can see how much stronger each of us have became since this." Vita says to her all the while giving her another caring smile that shows he meant everything he said. "Now Karlos, Tackle twice." He orders.

Last edited by Goose; 07-23-2015 at 07:02 PM.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:56 PM   #20
Connor
Disillusioned
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8,012
Smiling somewhat at the reassurement from Vita, Dana wipes her tears hastily, nodding in agreement. The Pachirisu looks towards his trainer before grunting with disdain, turning his attentions to the battle at hand. His cheeks crackle with an intense energy once again, but he this time decides on a full frontal assault. Crouching low to the ground, he abruptly discharges a short blast of electricity, the energy propelling himself forwards with an incredible pace. Blinking at the sight, Karlos is sent reeling before he can respond, but the small Scatterbug has a determination belying his small size. Catching himself, he turns, channeling his momentum into a second gut wrenching tackle. Hissing, Pachirisu waits for the next attack from his foe, but Karlos this time seems to ignore the guidance of Vita. Instead, he glows with a sharp purple hue, shaking his body and dislodging glistening spores. These drift towards Pachirisu, and with a startled cry, he inhales them by accident. His entire body becomes temporarily tinged with a purple colouration as the spores sink in, and he shudders involuntarily.

Dana gasps with shock. Getting ready to intervene in the battle, she is stopped by Ron, who shakes his head firmly.

"Gotta let it happen, girl. It's okay, I'll make sure to patch him up real good when this is over. But this little hard head is only going to react to this kind of therapy. Vita, you're doin' great son. Keep it up."
__________________
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:32 PM   #21
Goose
Cascade Badge
 
Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Middle of Nowhere, USA
Posts: 446
Vita shoots another smile to Dana as she nods. Focusing on the battle again, Pachirisu charges up more electricity and this time , fires it at Karlos. "Discharge?" Vita asks himself again "Damn, I really need to get familliar with electric typed moves." He thinks to himself. Karlos then flings himself into a Tackle again. However, instead of attempting another Tackle, he begins glowing a purple hue as spores come off his body. "Was that Poison Powder? Is that what you were grinning about last round, Ron?" Vita questions before noticing Dana trying to intervene but is stopped by Ron.

"Gotta let it happen , girl. It's okay , I'll make sure to patch him up real good when this is all over. But this little hard head is only going to react to this kind of therapy." He says to her before looking back at Vita to say the last sentences. Vita nods in agreement with what Ron said. "Ron's right. Sometimes they do need something, such as what just happened, to teach them right from wrong." Vita adds before looking back at Karlos and says to him " Let's just take it easy this round with a String Shot."

(OOC: I hope this is at least a little better then some of my other posts)
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:06 AM   #22
Connor
Disillusioned
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8,012
Looking to Ron, Dana seems to want to retaliate, before biting her lip and shaking her head. Watching the battle unfold intensely, she grabs the hem of her t-shirt, her knuckles blanching white. Her concern is evident, and Karlos seems to react to that, rounding on the Pahicirisu with a fiery look in his eyes. Wriggling about, he manages to dodge an incoming tackle by the Electric type, thrusting his head forwards and spewing a sticky string through the air. This time, the Scatterbug manages to send Pachirisu bowling into a nearby tree, the restraints wrapping around and leaving him thrashing wildly. As he does, his skin tinges purple once more, and he slumps, the fight drained from his body. Dana gasps with a whimper, rushing over to her Pokemon and fumbling with a Potion. Ron soon intervenes.

"That won't help much, miss. Here, let me."

Reaching into his pouch, he removes a strange diamond shaped item, tapping the gem to the skin of Pachirisu. Dissolving into a fine dust, the item causes the electric type to shine with a green light, and his eyes slowly flicker open. As soon as he comes to, he sees Dana frantic over his condition, and his expression is one of shock. He is soon wrenched free of the webbing, pulled into a tight embrace by Dana. Ron stands off, a wide grin on his face, while Riho stifles a small chuckle, the young woman watching the sight with a wide grin.

"I don't think the problem was that he ever disliked you, you know. I think he might have seemed a bit pushed out. He saw your bond with your Doduo and thought you cared for him more, that he was just a convenient addition."

Dana looks towards her Pachirisu, who wears an almost petulant expression, his gaze averted from her. She stares on with a blank face for a while, before lightly giggling. She soon ascends into a boisterous laugh, before petting her Pachirisu on the head.

"I don't feel that way at all, little guy. I was only frustrated because you seemed to be so distant from me. How about we start over again?"

With that, the Pachirisu beams widely, nodding emphatically. With that, Ron grins, before looking towards the sky through the forest canopy.

"Well, lads and lasses, we should get a move on. I mentioned earlier, we want to get there and back before night fall."
__________________
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 06:44 PM   #23
Goose
Cascade Badge
 
Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Middle of Nowhere, USA
Posts: 446
Vita watches as the battle goes on. The Pachirisu desides to charge at Karlos, however, he wriggles out of the way and fires a String Shot at the electric squirrel mid-tackle, sending it bowling into a nearby tree. After this, the Pachirisu's skin tinges purple again, leaving with no more will to fight. Karlos, excited about his first victory, wriggles back to Vita. "Good job, Karlos." Vita says to the little bug. "Scatter-scat!" He responds before Vita picks him up and puts Karlos back on his shoulder. Vita then reaches into his berry pouch and pulls out a small, blue berry. "I know it's no Tamato berry but you deserve it, Karlos." He says as he gives the Oran berry to Karlos.

"I don't think the problem was that he ever disliked you, you know. I think he might of seemed a little pushed out. He saw your bond with your Doduo and thought you cared for him more, that he was just a convenient addition." Ron tells Dana. She then looks at her Pachirisu, then giggles before laughing. After she talks to her Pachirisu, Ron looks towards the sky through the forest canopy. " Well, lads and lasses, we should get a move on. I mentioned earlier, we want to get there and back before night fall." Ron says to the group. "Yeah, we really need to get moving. Those supplies for rebuilding the shrine aren't going to get themselves." Vita says.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:48 PM   #24
Connor
Disillusioned
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8,012
With the group having helped resolved Dana's problem, the young girl decides to tag along for the remainder of the journey, both for convenience and out of a hope that she may repay their kindness in some fashion. Riho and Dana chat merrily for much of the hike, the group's pace quickening as Ron leads a demanding push. The trees slowly begin to thin as they approach Goldenrod, and they finally exit the forest, the snow gradually melting away behind them. With a sigh of relief, Riho allows her Vivllion out of her Poke Ball, the Bug type sailing into the air and spreading her wings wide. Grinning wide, Riho beckons her close, the Gym Trainer winking at the group before issuing some commands.

"Okay, girl, run ahead and meet up with Alain, deliver him this mail. It has a list of the supplies we need, it'll make everything a little smoother if he knows exactly what we require before we get there."

With a crooning cry, Vivillion takes to the skies, rushing across the expansive plains surrounding them. Turning towards the group, Riho gives a small smile and a shrug of the shoulders.

"Sadly, we'll be having to take the somewhat more arduous route. Hope you're okay with a little more walking."

Chuckling, Ron heads the group again, leading the way with a rushed pace. Both he and Riho stop now and then to say hello to the local farmers, evidently having done this supply run a few times already. Dana stays near Vita for this length of the trek, the girl followed in close tow by Pachirisu. Karlos rides on the shoulder of Vita, the Scatterbug seeming to enjoy his new vantage point. Finally, the group can see Riho's Vivillion in the distance, the Bug type hovering near a somewhat elderly man. Grinning widely, he waves the group over, and Vita manages to get a much better look at him. His attire is well suited for tilling the land, a wide brimmed straw hat situated atop his head to help shield from the sun. Despite his age, it is evident he has laboured most of his life, his figure hard and toughened. His hands stand the most testament to this lifestyle, hardened from years of toiling the soil. He leans against a rather worn shovel, the the edges of the steel head fading away slightly. The ornate woodwork, however, is well kept, obviously hand carved and sturdy. Shaking Ron's hand, the old man pulls Riho into a warm embrace, ruffling her green hair as he goes.

"My, haven't seen you two round these places in a while. Yer lucky an' all, I happen to have most th' supplies you were lookin' for no problem. I have them fixed up in tha' cart over there."

With a long finger he jabs in the direction of a laden work cart, numerous lengths of treated wood piled up onto the cart. With a click of his tongue, the Alain gains the attention of the group once again.

"Now, see, the problem is tha' I've not quite been able to whip up th' right kind of wood fer ye, but I haven't quite had the time to go n' see the guy I norm'lly do about the dec'rative masonry you wan'ed fer th' front of th' shrine. Reckon you could take another small detour and go fetch tha'? I can happily look over th' cart while you lot do. Th' guys name is, typically, Mason. His workshop is over in downtown Goldenrod. You carn miss it."
__________________
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:24 PM   #25
Goose
Cascade Badge
 
Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Middle of Nowhere, USA
Posts: 446
Finally making to the end of the forest, Riho lets lose a sigh of relief before releasing her Vivillon and beconing her close. "Okay, girl, run ahead and meet up with Alain , deliver him this mail. It has a list of supplies we need , it'll make everything a little smoother if he knows exactly what we require before we get there." She says."Vi-Vi" the Vivillon cries as it leaves. Turning back around to the group, Riho gives them a small smile and a shrug of her shoulders before saying " Sadly, we'll have to be taking the somewhat more arduous route. Hope you're okay with a little more walking." The group starts again, with Ron, once again leading the way. Vita looks to his right to see Dana walking close by him. Feeling his heart beat a little bit faster, he thinks to himself "Why did that just happen. That hasn't happened for a while, since my time in the orphanage. Could I be..." his thought is cut off as the group see Riho's Vivillon hovering over a somewhat elderly man. While the older man catches up with Ron and Riho, Vita gets a good look at the older man. After a few minutes, the elderly man points over to a cart full of wood of diffrent lengths of treated woods. He then gets the groups attention with a click of his tounge before saying " Now , see, the problem is tha' I've not quite been able to whip up th' right kind of wood fer ye, but I haven't quite had the time to go n' see the guy I norm'lly do about dec'rative masonry you wan'ed fer th' front of th' shrine. Reckon you could take another detour and go fetch tha'? I can happily look over th' cart while you lot do. Th' guys name is, typically, Mason. His workshop is over in downtown Goldenrod. You carn miss it." After thinking for a moment, Vita says "Yeah we'll do that for you. Gives me a reason to look around the city for the first time in years and" he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a pokeball "gives this little girl a chance to see the city." He throws the pokeball into the air, which opens, and releases a flash of energy which takes the shape of a Mareep. "You ready to see the city, Fluff?" Vita asks "Mar-mareep!" She responeds with a nod.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > New Bark Tundra


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.