UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 04-17-2015, 11:23 AM   #76
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Round 24: Giving it all back!

Tryian pretty much prefers to pound Puff into a pancake, so he readies his energy and invades his opponent's personal space! The Rough-Around-The-Edges Dragon makes with Clawing his opponent with gusto! Puff finds nothing else to do but brace herself, shutting her eyes and holding her ground to bravely take the blow! When she gets hit, there seems to be an odd aura around her...Is she looking to Bide her time for an attack...?

Tyrian pays no mind to this oddity, he's just fixed on beating his opponent while he still can! The Tyrunt decides to focus his Dragon energy into his Tail, ready to send Puff packing. He ferociously flips around and slams her with a charged tail and harsh impact! Puff does belt out a cry and gets knocked back a little, but her aura grows bigger...that's when it suddenly brakes! Tyrian gestures "What's going on?", he figures his attacks should have finished her off...The Goomy seems to have absorbed all the damage that was given to her...

Her Biding also prevented the attacks from being Super-effective too. She's still standing, after all!

...And now she's puffed up and ready to give it all back...and then some! In a sudden fit of her own, she blurts out a "My turn!" as loud as she can and unleashes that energy two-fold! Tyrian can't believe his eyes as he gets punishingly pummeled with a huge beam of painful, Dragon powered-payback, sending HIM packing! His epic roars of "This can't be...happening!!" can be heard among everyone, before his body grinds to a halt...

Once she's finished unloading that power, Puff immediately droops in exhaustion and pants hard, that retaliation took a lot out of her...In the distance, Tyrian still seems to be in this, but incredibly beaten up! He manages to roll over and stand up, needless to say he is very unhappy and on Puff's level...The two are tired out, but neither want to call it quits. This all of a sudden has become one close battle!

That...was...AWSOME! *He's jumping up and down in excitement" What an amazing comeback! This is really coming down to the wire, but only one of them can come out on top!

Tyrian's damage was an absolute catastrophe!! That left him close to critical, much like his opponent! Not only that, his energy use has left him tired out and in need of a break...

Puff took rough damage, leaving her closer to critical than her opponent! She used a huge amount of energy in one go, leaving her just as tired out as her opponent...She has around half of her energy left.

That really is one awesome comeback! It's EpicSquirtle's next move, will they manage to bring it all home?!
Trot Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:30 PM   #77
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

Way to go Puff! Give them a Dragon Pulse! Then take a break, you deserve it!
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:05 AM   #78
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Dig.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:09 PM   #79
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Round 25: Turnabout Pulse!

That pliable, yet surprising Dragon, Puff, pulls herself together to keep it up and finish her opponent off! She's gathering all the power she can at the time, into her small yet gaping mouth. That's when she unleashes it in a powerful Pulse! Sweats fly off Tyian as he finds himself in big trouble! He frantically Digs at the clay ground to get away! The problem with this is that clay is unlike regular soil and takes longer to dig up...By that time, the Tyrunt gets totaled by Puff's pulse! He makes a wicked roar of disbelief when the last of his strength gets pounded out of him, sending him tumbling far across the floor! Ouch, that one HAD to hurt!

The Tyrunt is a battered mess, far beyond what he can handle...He leans a bit to get back up, but eventually gives way and drops into a daze. It's safe to say that he is through! The Goomy on the other hand, is panting hard. She opens her eyes to find her opponent down and out, which prompts her to cheer!

What a comeback! It's not common for something like that to happen! But anyway, this battle seems all but over with...

Tyrian is down and can't battle anymore! This matchup is over. EpicSquirtle and their friends, Apollo, Vulcan, and Puff are the big winners! Congratulations!

-

Whew. That was some battle, was it not? You both sure know how to keep each other on your toes!

Say, could I say something? For most of the matchups, your pokemon were practically toe to toe! But managing to switch Apollo out before they were beaten made a difference, and is a good tactic when used right!

You don't say? I also noticed that one of Ironthunder's Uplevel managed to be quite troublesome for her opponents. Uplevels tend to be tougher when facing a non-Uplevel. Inflicting status effects and other distractions work well when just attacking isn't enough, and that's what helped EpicSquirtle to gain some leverage!

And that last matchup...Oh boy that matchup! Both pokemon had the ability to do serious damage to each other, but it was the Bide that turned it all around! When used right, it can quite worth it. Which in this case, was REALLY so!

I think that's all we have to say for now. Right now i'm bushed! How about we get on out of here, Samy?

Right behind you. Goodbye!

-

EpicSquirtle has earned 3 KOs and 6 TP
Ironthunder has earned 3 TP
Trot Away has earned 3 SP

---

And that is that. I'll just leave this if either of you have anything to say. Let me know what you thought about my reffings!
Trot Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:54 PM   #80
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

Thanks for reffing Trot Away! It was great to have such a quickly reffed match and you were an amazing ref! And a big thanks to Iron for being a great opponent for my first match! It was definitely a close battle, and for a bit there I thought I was done for. Thank you both for making this a match to remember, and good luck on whatever the future brings
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 04:29 AM   #81
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
np, you were a good opponent, and I messed up way too much in that first matchup to deserve to win that. Thanks for reffing trot, now to go find a battle I might actually win...
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL