UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 03-09-2015, 11:16 AM   #1
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Cinccino UPN PASBL: EpicSquirtle vs Ironthunder!

Quote:
EpicSquirtle (C) vs Ironthunder (A)
3vs3
Singles
Slapstick
Switch=KO
Equilevel 1
72 HR DQ
Arena: Clay
Gotta go, gotta go! The trainers are w-*He trips over his own tail and and takes a tumble!* Wh-w-whoooooa! Oof! Sorry about that, folks. Anywho, welcome to this latest matchup! Nice to meet you two, i'm Samy! I'm one of Trot Away's friends, and i'm here to help him out in reffing this matchup! Speaking of...Hey! They're over here!

*The lad who runs over tries his best not to mirror his Minccino, he greets his friend and everyone else.* How's it going! It looks like we have an exciting matchup between EpicSquirtle and Ironthunder. One is a new fellow around. The other is also recent to a lesser extent. Whatever the case, I hope both trainers give it their best! By the way, about the arena, it's a Clay field!

Quote:
Clay: A large battling surface constructed of Clay, which runs down into the ground. This will result in attacks such as Rock Tomb taking slightly longer to execute, but they will still function as normal. However, Ground based attacks such as Earthquake and Earth Power will suffer no deficit in how they function.
Other than that, there's not much else to worry about. It's an ideal field for those who wish to battle freely without stuff getting in your way! Thanks for having me as your ref, I hope I can improve a little myself...I have my pokemon to help me along the way too!

That's right! Let's get better together! Oh yeah, I don't think i've seen you before. So here's how battles work:

-EpicSquirtle, the Challenger, picks 6 pokemon they want to use in battle.
-Ironthunder, the Acceptor picks their 6 pokemon and sends out their first.
-EpicSquirtle picks their first pokemon and tells it what to do, you can order up to 2 moves!
-Ironthunder then tells their pokemon what to do.
-After that, the round happens. And Trot Away and I will ref that round!
-After that, it's Ironthunder's move to order.
-EpicSquirtle will order after that.
-And then we ref again!
-EpicSquirtle will order...
-Then Ironthunder will order...
-And that goes on until a winner is decided!

Thanks, Samy! And if you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to let me know. I'll do my best to make things more clear! If you're unsure about what a pokemon is capable of or how a move works, check out the Attack Descriptions and Species Characteristics. You can find that and lot of other useful info Here!

Well then. With all of that sorted out, let's get things started! EpicSquirtle, time to bring out your pokemon!
Trot Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:52 PM   #2
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

It was time, his first battle was about to start. But was he ready? Thoughts twirled in the boys head as he picked up the six pokeballs attached to his belt and tossed them in the air. He had chosen these six, as he felt they would be most up to the task. From the pokeballs emerged the following.

Puff: Level 2 Female Goomy
Reaper: Level 1 Female Shuppet
Apollo: Level 1 Male Helioptile
Vulcan: Level 1 Female Cyndaquil
Wally: Level 1 Male Spheal
Toby: Level 1 Male Swirlix

He was confident that three of them would be able to help lead him to victory. As he waited for his opponent to send out his pokemon, he analyzed his pokemons strengths and weaknesses once more. Puff, Reaper, Apollo, Vulcan, Wally or Toby. Whichever three he choose, ES was sure they were going to do great.
EpicSquirtle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:50 PM   #3
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
ok, glhf.
• Delta the Porygon, level 1
• Starburst the Clefairy, level 2, female (Uplevel)
• Cpl Charge the Elekid, level 1, male
• Dr Quack the Psyduck, level 1, male
• Bugsy the Scyther, level 1, male, HP Grass
• Tyrian the Tyrunt, level 1, male, HP Ice

Ok, Delta, let's get this show on the road.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 04:22 PM   #4
EpicSquirtle

A Porygon, huh? Alright Apollo your up first! Let's start things off with a Flash! Then, try to ensnare Porygon with an Electro Web!
Old 03-09-2015, 04:27 PM   #5
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Lead with Sharpen, into a Secret Power.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:42 PM   #6
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Round 1: Caught in a trap!

It's time for this battle to get going! With our budding trainers at the ready, they send over their pokemon to do battle. Playing for EpicSquirtle is Apollo, a high-spirited Helioptile who's hoping he can pull through! On Ironthunder's side is a rather robust looking Porygon named Delta! Will the energized lizard overcome the isometric implement? Only one way to find out!

Hey, take a look at this! This shows what both of these pokemon are capable of. Make sure to read it when you can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samy's Guidebook

Porygon (Normal): Porygon are created entirely of programming code. They levitate by default, but are not particularly fast or agile and cannot reach as high as other levitating Pokémon. They are inorganic and fight most enthusiastically in man made environments.

[Normal]: Normal-type Pokémon generally have a bit less off-type energy than other Pokémon. Normal-types which usually have a secondary type do not suffer from this drawback unless specified. In the ASB, Normal-types take neutral damage from the damaging effects of Ghost-type energy.

Helioptile (Electric/Normal): Helioptile are extremely sensitive to changes in weather. Their frills act like solar panels. Using a move in bright sunlight, Helioptile can extend their frills to absorb energy from the sun, restoring significant energy once per battle. Their dry skin is also very water absorbent, and it will restore minor energy every round in the rain. Due to living in a desert environment, they are immune to damage from Sandstorms and can use electricity without seeing their moves lose power in the heat.

[Electric]: Electric-types, in general, prefer areas where their electric attacks are most accurate. Thus, while hot temperatures don't bother them, the fact that heat refracts electricity doesn't appeal to them. They are resistant to paralysis inflicted by Electric-type moves, though they may be paralysed as normal by other methods. Electric types do not suffer from recoil damage when using Electric attacks in the water.

[Normal]: Normal-type Pokémon generally have a bit less off-type energy than other Pokémon. Normal-types which usually have a secondary type do not suffer from this drawback unless specified. In the ASB, Normal-types take neutral damage from the damaging effects of Ghost-type energy.

Apollo starts things off first, it looks like he's deciding to hinder his opponent right away! From his open frills, he shouts as he lets loose a powerful Flash as bright as the sun itself! Delta's artificial vision gets obscured, they waver about trying to get it together! Still half-blind, they instead put their energy into enhancing their own attack power. After a good moment of deep concentration, Delta has successfully Sharpened their physical attack ability! Their opponent had better watch out...

But Apollo doesn't seem very intimidated, does he have a plan? The Helioptile pours in some of his electric power and focuses. Without much warning, he fires off a shot of electricity that expands into a net! That net soon ensnares Delta and grounds them instantly, they're caught in an Electroweb! The captured clump of code is no longer in a position to attack their opponent with Secret Power, so they forgo that altogether...but how are they going to get out of this one before Apollo can take the advantage further?!

At the round's end. Apollo nods in satisfaction with the results, while Delta is looking the exact opposite. The net the latter is pinned by gives them a slight jolt!

How exciting! Pinning an opponent to where they can't reach you is a good call! I heard certain attacks can make short work of nets or webbing...Anyway, here's how the pokemon are doing so far...

Apollo took no damage this round. He spent a good bit of energy, but still looks ready for action! He still has plenty of Bug energy left.

Delta took a little bit of damage, but used less energy than his opponent. They seem slightly more ready having used only one move! They are caught in an Electroweb, they need to break free somehow if they want to get around!
But they have a big boost in attack power!

Thanks for the recap! Looks like it's Ironthunder's next move!

Last edited by Trot Away; 03-09-2015 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:46 PM   #7
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Ok, we're in a slight fix here, so... Iron Tail to break the web and hit, then Secret Power.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:02 PM   #8
EpicSquirtle

Don't let him get close! Use Thunder Bolt to stop the Iron Tail! Then counter Secret Power with a Dark Pulse!
Old 03-09-2015, 08:58 PM   #9
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Round 2: Under severe attack!

Delta inquires that they are in kind of a jam, so they focus on getting out of that net ASAP! The jagged shape that makes up their Tail starts to glow silver, it's being charged with Steel energy. With an end as hard as Iron, Delta is set to break free by adjusting themself, cleaving through the Electroweb and releasing themself! Now the Porygon is on the attack! Apollo gasps in surprise and makes haste with charging himself with electricity. As Delta closes in Apollo unleashes a powerful Thunderbolt! The awsome arc zaps the Porygon back before they can reach the Electric type! Delta is forced to back off, for the time being...

That time is short, though. Because Delta is still in attack mode! The Virtual pokemon is radiating some sort of odd, Secret Power. Their dangerous glow is soon used to attack Apollo with! He can't keep up with his opponent in time, he is slugged hard by the enhanced force and knocked a ways across the floor! The Helioptile shouts in surprise, but he rolls back over and looks ready to retaliate. The blow didn't seem to leave any lingering effects against him...Contrary to his name, Apollo sure is looking a little Dark...Delta detects some foreboding energy from their opponent. Apollo opens his frills again and unleashes a powerful Pulse of that power! The blast pounds the Porygon something harsh, the Dark power overflowing their frame and leaving them damaged further! They eventually recalibrate themself, and is thinking about their next plan of action.

But who knows what either pokemon have up their sleeves!

Delta got hurt quite hard. They are falling behind in health, but are slightly ahead in energy. They are still ok to try their hardest! Steel energy is still over half.

Apollo took less damage and is fairly ahead of his opponent! They used up alot of energy, but still seem ok to give it their best! Speaking of energy, he has a bit over have of his Dark energy left.

Looks like it's EpicSquirtle's next move, will it be a good one?!
Old 03-09-2015, 09:32 PM   #10
EpicSquirtle

Keep it up Apollo! Let's start with a Thunder Wave! Then follow up with Razor Wind!
Old 03-10-2015, 03:13 AM   #11
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Protect the first, then respond with Toxic.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:47 PM   #12
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Round 3: Believe I can't be stopped.

(Oh boy, major apologies for the long wait! Life has been extra mean to me so I have had like NO time to work on this stuff. Hopefully I can get back into a normal pattern again. But thanks for your patience! Now back to business...)

Apollo thinks that holding his opponent in place is the way to go. With cheers from his trainer, he's inspired to do just that! It almost seems like he got hit with a bolt of Thunder, because he's sparkling with his seemingly limitless supply of electricity. It's not long until he unleashes a numbing Wave! Delta deduces that is rather unsafe, so they take defensive measures. The odd see-through force field that's raised thanks to them completely Protects them from the electricity! When they lower their defenses, the Porygon seems satisfied, while Apollo looks just a little more nervous...

He couldn't paralyze his opponent, but the Helioptile still finds this a good time to attack. What he does next is quite surprising, he's channeling a lot of Flying Power to whip up a strong Wind! From that same small windstorm, Apollo looses Razor sharp shots of wind at his opponent! Delta gets razed well from the razor blades, who knew wind could hurt that much! The Porygon manages recover and ready themself. They seem to be giving off a different kind of energy now...Delta materializes a mysterious bolt of Toxic material, that of which is promptly fired at Apollo! He makes a startled shout when shot soundly by the blast! The attack doesn't seem to have hurt him outright, but the Helioptile moans and looks a little ill...Whatever that was, it seems to have given him a case of bad poisoning. That can't be good!

No, it's never good! That kind of poisoning is going to get worse as the battle goes on...

Apollo took no damage and has a considerable lead against his opponent! He did used up a fair deal of energy and is looking tired out, he could use a break! Flying energy can support another Razor Wind. Oh dear, he's badly poisoned. That's going to come into effect next turn!

Delta took more damage, and now they are very close to their second third! They look like they could use a break too, but they still might be able to give it their best for just a little longer...They have half of their Poison energy left. Looks like their Attack boost has weakened, but it lingers!

Ironthunder is up next, go for it!

Last edited by Trot Away; 03-13-2015 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:55 PM   #13
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Just a Secret Power for now, Delta.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:34 PM   #14
EpicSquirtle

Apollo, counter Secret Power with a Facade! Then try and recoup with Rest!
Old 03-13-2015, 06:59 PM   #15
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Round 4: Settling down...

Delta decides to take it easy, but still put on the pressure! They are focusing that Secret Power of theirs, then they pound Apollo with a considerable force! The Helioptile holds a brave Facade and hefts himself up. He suddenly gets all pent up and retaliates with a wicked blow, slugging his opponent over the poisoning he got earlier! Delta felt that one, they decide to back off for now!

After that outburst, Apollo sighs and settles down for a Rest. He curls up and lies down, nodding off to sleep for the rest of the round! While Delta is regaining their bearings, Apollo is regaining energy quite quickly!

After a while, Apollo wakes after a nice little nap. He seems to feel better to give it his best now! But he's starting to feel the bad poisoning kicking in, it's very slight though! Delta feels better too, minus the poisoning.

Looks like everyone got a little rest. It's good to take it easy once in a while, using only one move or moves that help you regain energy are good ways to keep a pokemon from overexerting themselves! But I think things are going to get heated up again soon...!

Delta took a noticeable hit, they fell within their second third now and is falling behind! Their energy use was light though, and is feeling better to give it their all!

Apollo took very similar damage, but still has a good amount of his health left! He actually gained a bit of energy and is looking good to go too!

Now it's EpicSquirtle's next move, do your best!

Last edited by Trot Away; 03-13-2015 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:40 PM   #16
EpicSquirtle

Let's push onwards, Apollo! Go for an Agility to improve your speed! Then go for another Facade!

Last edited by EpicSquirtle; 03-13-2015 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-14-2015, 02:01 PM   #17
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

OK, Seismic Toss, then Secret Power.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.

Last edited by Ironthunder; 03-14-2015 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:29 PM   #18
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Round 5: Upping the ante!

Apollo's feeling better than before, he's looking ready to pick up the pace! In fact, he's pacing in place on all-fours and loosening up his body. That's quite a bit of Agility he's sporting, he's looking more speedy! Now that he's all amped up, he quickly crawls over and readies to pound Delta with another harsh blow. Keeping cool Facade, he sharply slugs the Porygon with his Tail! Guess he hasn't forgotten about his ailment...If constructs could feel pain, I bet Delta would have felt that!

Looks like Delta is trying to recall a way to retaliate. However, their trainer's orders suggest a tactic that does not exist in their Memory Banks! This would be the time where they say "...Does not compute!" or something...

The Porygon is looking kind of nervous...I guess they realize that they cannot learn Seismic Toss!

Scrapping that lost cause, they decide to try for something else. That clump of code is radiating with their Secret energy again. Apollo sees them coming and tries his best to elude them, but he still gets struck rather hard by the mysterious Power, sending him sprawling a little! Apollo rolls back over, only to be reminded a little bit by the toxins he got hit by.

Both of them still look eager to aim for the top. But who will get there?!

Apollo took another fairly hard blow, he looks very close to his second third now. He still looks ready for action! He's looking quicker, his Speed is boosted quite a bit!

Delta took similar damage again, but now they seem practically at their halfway point now. Their energy use was lighter than expected, so they look more ready!

Looks like Ironthunder is up next. Here we go!
Old 03-16-2015, 12:57 PM   #19
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

OK, that is the last time I order on 2 matches at the same time.

Delta, try another Secret Power, followed by Signal Beam.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:18 PM   #20
EpicSquirtle

Apollo, keep them at bay with another Razor Wind! Then go for a Thunderbolt!
Old 03-18-2015, 07:32 AM   #21
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Round 6: Making up for lost chances!

To rectify their error from the last round, Delta gears up and powers up with that Secret Power yet again. They use that odd energy to attack Apollo in hopes of whittling down his strength! Apollo makes haste with swinging about and whipping up another strong Wind. It doesn't exactly "Keep Delta at bay" this time around, Apollo still takes the hit. The reptile retaliates by launching his attack, Razor sharp wind blades fly around and do Delta another deal of damage! Ouch!

The Porygon is left in shabbier shape, this Signals them to pick up the pace and keep fighting! Pouring in a peculiar energy, they take aim at Apollo, who looks skeptical. Delta generates an odd attack towards Apollo, a strange looking multicolored Beam flies at him! It feels worse then it looks, The Helioptile figures that out first hand and wavers back! Apollo rattles his head and pulls it together, but now he's building up some electricity again. He strikes back with by unleashing a wicked Thunderbolt! The bolts hits like lightning and crashes into the construct, damaging them yet again!

Delta tries their best to keep it together, but how much more can they take?! Apollo wonders if he can keep it up, all the while feeling those toxins getting a little stronger...

Both of them are putting up a fight, aren't they?!

Delta took some rough damage, they seem into their last third now! They used a little less energy than their opponent, but it looks like they might need a break pretty soon! They still have some Bug energy for another Signal Beam. Looks like their attack power has returned to normal...

Apollo got hurt just as hard, but he's about halfway! He used up more energy than his opponent and looks just as weary...He is out of Flying energy. Both pokemon have around half of their overall energy left!

I wonder what EpicSquirtle plans to do next!
Old 03-18-2015, 12:13 PM   #22
EpicSquirtle

You can do it Apollo! Start with an Electro Web! Then go for a Thunder!
Old 03-18-2015, 03:39 PM   #23
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

ST Agility to evade the Electro Web, then Mirror Coat.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:36 PM   #24
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Round 7: Getting away with it!

(Hey, guess what. I managed to slip this through and elude my agenda!)

Apollo's trainer appears to be cheering him on, this motivates him to keep at it and take Delta down! Mixing up his energies, he unleashes an Electroweb that unravels and flies forward to snag his opponent! Delta detects big trouble, so they take action immediately. They literally make haste and zip out of harm's way in a spontaneous jolt of Agility! Yikes! That was kind of cutting it close, but they managed to slip away just in time...Apollo exclaims, he's not particularly happy about missing his mark!

Looks like the Helioptile wants to make up for things in a big way. He's crackling with a dangerous amount of electricity. It's pretty safe to say that he's gearing up to bring down the Thunder...that said quite literally! Delta is strangely undeterred, though. Do they have another plan?? But while they just dawdle about, Apollo puts alot into unleashing an awesome bolt of lightning to drop down on the Porygon, striking them hard with the wicked wattage! Aside from taking a big chunk of damage, Delta feels quite...Tingly, they're riddled with a bad case of paralysis!! To retaliate, Delta is trying to channel their power for a move, but the move it's been ordered has left them pondering for a nonexistent recall!

It's looking pretty confused to me...I don't think Porygon can learn Mirror Coat either! Did the trainer confuse that move with another?

You might just be right, Samy. Either way, that powerful attack got them good, but it also left Apollo less a than favorable spot too. Pulling off Thunder has left the Helioptile drained, so he can't help but flop on the floor to cool off! It appears that the toxins are beginning to bother him more, too!

But wow, who could have figured this would happen! let's see how they're holding up...

Apollo took a bit of damage, but has a sizable lead! But he spent a lot of energy and is really tired out. He really needs a rest! Not only that, his last attack has left him more tuckered and unable to keep up...I think hes Speed boost has toned down a notch too...

Delta took a rough hit! They are at a dangerous level of health, nearing critical too! At least their energy use was much less than their opponents, so they're refreshed. But they have a bad case of paralysis, they might not be able to move!

Ironthunder's friend is in a tight spot, what are they going to do?!

Last edited by Trot Away; 03-26-2015 at 05:58 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:40 PM   #25
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Crap. mistook Magic Coat for Mirror Coat.

Ice Beam, follow with Psybeam if you're still around.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL