UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Statistics and Battle Archive

Old 04-16-2015, 12:35 PM   #51
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

"As tempting as it is to make another Ground-type cry, I suppose there's a liiiittle value in preservation and tactics. Hurriedly fire a Volt Switch, preferably straight through the Water Pulse, switching out to Jordan. Jordan, land on that toppled pillar that Sparks just happened to be floating over."

Quote:
Jordan: Level 6 Male Audino
"Smiths are praised for lending their skill to their creations. Weapons are praised for lending their skill to their bearers. Then, are not Warriors praised for lending their skill to their Tacticians?"
Once, a legendary tactician roamed a world. He lead legions, yet was known as a friend to all he lead. So great was his devotion, that he had only a single wish when he died. To help his friends still more.
So yeah he was reborn as an Audino no duh.
An Audino which hatched from an egg I haggled off the market for way too high a price Audino is the best thing it was money well spent. His first official battle was an interesting one, but he found himself hindered by his opponent's control of the arena and immunity to tactics he himself was susceptible to. Confronted with an impasse, he focused his efforts on developing a way around the elemental nature of the world. His research touched on the Colorblind ability of his foe's teammate. Seeking his own special touch, he decided to approach the problem from the other direction- Rather than robbing attributed attacks of their elements, why not imbue unelemented attacks with attributes?
Hidden Power - Dark
Attached - Audinite

Signature Training: Adaptability [NO]
Jordan may adapt any of his normal-type moves to adopt the secondary effects of another one of his moves, ordered in the form of "Move[Move with secondary effect of choice]". This includes any physical effect characteristics, but doesn't include element or anything else. For example, "Secret Power[Water Pulse]" would have a chance of confusion, would drench the opponent in water, but would still deal only Normal-type damage. Conversely, "Secret Power[Flamethrower]" would have a chance to burn and be physically hot, but would, again, deal only Normal-type damage. Obviously this overrides any secondary effects the move would already have: An adapted Secret Power would not have Secret Power's usual secondary effects, but would still be a physical attack with a pink glow to it. There are, of course, some restrictions- He can only pair a move with the secondary effect of a move within two 'clicks' of it. For example, Hyper Voice, being of Significant power, could only be given the secondary effect of a move with Solid to High power. Notably, this means that I can't simply imbue everything with Thunder Wave because that would be utterly daft. Finally, effects which are considered drawbacks cannot be overwritten- For example, an adapted Double-Edge would retain its recoil.
*Continues to reveal deck*
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:11 AM   #52
Connor
Who Knows?

Knowing that he remains within a poor situation, Sparks begins to tremble mid air, his expression one of obvious distaste. Grunting, Minerva ignores the throes of her foe, opening her mouth wide and hurriedly condensing a pale blue energy into a compact sphere. Swirling waves form over the surface of the construct, and Minerva chuckles as she sends the orb hurtling forwards. Panicking, Sparks looks to avoid, but his reactions are too slow, leaving him stricken by the oncoming projectile. Hissing his irritation, Sparks concentrates intently, his entire form becoming encompassed within a crackling yellow aura. With the magnetic field around him spiking, Sparks sends a small sphere hurtling forwards, and though it does nothing to harm Minerva, the Rotom disappears in a flash of crimson, replaced by the uncertain figure of Jordan. As the Audino touches down, he grimaces, inhaling the gaseous toxins surrounding the ground and leaving himself under their influence.

Jordan is poisoned already, but otherwise untouched and fresh. Sparks will enjoy the breather, while Minerva is a tad fresher than she was.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:27 AM   #53
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

"Let's make use of his natural sliminess- Hyper Voice[Ice Beam] followed by Yawn, if you would~"
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:08 PM   #54
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Smack him with Hidden Power, then Icy Wind him straight through that piss Yawn. Try to take that Hyper Voice on the whatever part of you the toxic goop is on.

I only stopped ordering because Kin was quitting ASB, I was sticking to the DQ time up til then. Now he seems to be back. *Shrug* I'm up for resuming if everyone else is.

Last edited by Concept; 10-02-2016 at 10:42 AM.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 01:24 PM   #55
Connor
Who Knows?

With his day having already been fouled despite only just showing his face in battle, Jordan grimaces at his opponent, the typically cheery Pokemon wishing all sorts of pain upon Minerva. The Gastrodon simply cocks her head to one side, her blank eyes staring back with an immovable conviction. Hissing his distaste, Jordan opens his mouth wide, declaring battle. Inhaling sharply, his lungs inflate rapidly, his cheeks bursting against the strain being put on his body. Without warning, he thrusts his face forwards, a shrieking cry ringing around the surroundings. Pebbles dislodge from their standings as the air is torn asunder, and Minerva winces as a blast of sound rushes over her followed by a trembling ring of energy - dyed a strange cyan hue. As it strikes, she gasps from an abrupt chill, but is mercifully left without any other problems. Bringing her mind back under heel quickly, the Gastrodon taps into her latent forces, a shimmering retinue of orbs flickering into life around her. The dull brown hue spells trouble for Jordan, and the Audino tries to evade in vain. The orbs come thrumming through the air towards him and smash against his pudgy frame, leaving him stumbling in pain.

Shaking his head as he reels from the abrupt blow, Jordan wears the expression of a Pokemon who knew they were in for a rudely uphill struggle. Sighing heavily, he allows his entire demeanour to become much more relaxed, a faint pink energy building up within his chest. As his eyes begin to droop, he yawns loudly, and a gently pulsating orb of energy begins to drift through the air towards Minerva. Watching it go, Jordan wears a mocking grin, knowing that the sphere was much more than it seemed to the eye. Still, Minerva does not allow her guard to fall. Instead, she thrusts her head through the air, expelling a rushing blast of wind. The creeping mist pushes the incoming orb off target, leaving it to burst harmlessly to one side of Minerva, and the Gastrodon watches on with triumph as the remainder of her attack envelops Jordan, chilling him to his core.

Jordan had a terrible first round, falling near the end of his second third already. Minerva rests around that point too, but is slightly less fresh than her foe despite being just about good for two.

---

As an aside, would you guys like to use the Species Characteristics as they were (so Normal has a type energy nerf, Water has slightly more Ice energy) or do you mind shifting over to the newer set? The latter would be easier for me since having to find the old ones again and again every time something important flags up will be a major pain, but if it's easier on you guys I don't mind having to do a bit more legwork.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 01:42 PM   #56
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
I'm fine with shifting everything over to new descripts/SCs/etc if Kin is, not really fussed either way. Quick question; did you mean first third? Like, Kins Audino hasn't lost nearly two-thirds of its health already right? Oh and I had a Toxic dropped on me a few rounds ago and he's normal poisoned, what's the status on the toxic?
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 03:54 PM   #57
Connor
Who Knows?

Fixed the description of health. Slip of the tongue. Brain? One of them.

I have already noted Toxic and Poison. Toxic is nearing half of full potency. I went over with fresh eyes to make notes from scratch so everything is current to me.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:23 AM   #58
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Switching over to new stuff would be much easier, I'm up for that! ^_^
Quote:
Old 10-05-2016, 05:27 AM   #59
Connor
Who Knows?

Good shit. With that sorted, over to Concept for orders.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Statistics and Battle Archive