UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Generic Tourney Forum

Old 02-15-2015, 11:38 PM   #1
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

TJI Round 1: BlazeVA Vs Jerichi

Alright, ladies and gentlemen, let's get down to business, shall we? Here we have an opening round match of the long-awaited Tri-Jewel Invitational between The Artist Formerly Known as Blaze and our benevolent leader, Jerichi. Let's skip the niceties, however. To the stats!

Quote:
2v2 Singles
Equilevel
Hidden Squad
96 Hr DQ
Switch = OK
Slapstick
Pre Gen VI typecharts

Meteor Falls - Main Chamber (Indoor Arena) - An impressive cave dotted with meteor craters with a series of cascades within. The main chamber of this cave consists of a number of fairly gradual drops, plateauing in the middle, where the battlers start. The center platform is bordered by a pool of water that cascades into falls one one side, fed by a waterfall above. A sturdy wooden bridge connects the platform to the cave exit on the other side. On the other side, there is a series of slippery, sandy cliffs that can be easily ridden down but are hard to scale due to their rather slick nature, though a series of stairs to their right can be used to climb back up.
Well this is a nifty enough arena. It also happens to be the point in ORAS that I'm at since "what is time to play ORAS" is apparently a thing in my life. I'm sure you both are quite familiar with how things go, so let's get straight to the PMs, shall we? The RNG has decreed that Emi will be ordering first after the hidden round.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:39 PM   #2
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Meteor falls... the sound of rushing water fills the cavern as the waterfall crashes into the pool at the base of the cave. From the entrance to the cave, the center plateau can be seen, bordering the pool as a fine, watery mist splashes into the air. Alone in the center of the plateau is a single young man, perhaps in his mid-twenties. He sports a crooked grin as he leans against a rock, awaiting his opponent. As he occasionally glances at the mouth of the cavern, he finally notices a shadowy figure off to the other side of the cavern, completely opposite from the entrance. A strangely large Misdreavous passes through the wall before a second figure emerges from within the Pokemon. The master of eternal darkness and all things ghosts, BlazeVA has arrived and is prepared for battle. The youth moves to the center plateau and reaches for a Pokeball as the duo prepare for battle, summoning their respective champions.

Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA
Traptrix Myrmeleo: Level 5 Female Flygon
Hidden Power: Steel

Myrmeleo, let's do this. We'll release you in the air.

Start off by flapping a Dragon Twister their way, using the momentum from it to push your away from your opponent. Screech out their next move while you ascend into the air. [/Kushtian]

Good luck Jeri. Hopefully I'm not fucked right out of the gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi
Koi - Male Kecleon (Level 5)

"Okay Koi, Nasty Plot and Hidden Power."

Alright, people, let's get to this, shall we? From one side we have Myrmeleo the - Wait, what? Dave isn't in this match! Oh, okay I get it. This is "Traptrix Myrmeleo" as opposed to just "Myrmeleo". Huge difference there. Anyway, Traptrix Myrmeleo the Flygon comes forth as Blaze's champion, while Jerichi decides to lead with his trusty companion, and often partner in reffing, Koi the Kecleon. Myrmeleo looses a roar as she climbs a bit higher in the air, preparing herself for her upcoming trials while the Kecleon slowly cracks his neck, fairly calm, all things considered.

Strangely enough, rather than attacking, Koi kicks things off in a somewhat more peaceful fashion, or so it seems. With our special "this isn't actually happening" powers, we learn that Koi is, in fact, debating how best to skin Myrmeleo alive. Perhaps with a potato peeler. That sounds painful, doesn't it? Well, while Koi is busy plotting nastily away, Myrmeleo wastes absolutely no time in going on the offensive as she begins to flap her wings, unleashing a powerful cyclone of energy as she channels the winds into a compact cylinder. unlike a traditional twister, however, this variant seems to carry a slight blue-green tint, signifying an underlying injection of dragon-typed energy into the attack. Koi, with little to no time to react as the cyclone barrels down on him, is tossed to the side and into a meteor crater fairly unceremoniously, but he quickly regains his footing, not at all pleased.

Koi pauses for an unnoticeable second as he prepares his next attack. It seems that, for this match, his special abilities have been halted. That's right, he can't shoot hidden power beams of death from his eyeballs, which is really a pity since that would have been really cool to ref. Regardless, he doesn't get to do much at all as Myrmeleo, upon seeing the first orb of energy appear, looses an ear-shattering screech that completely decimates the Kecleon's concentration and causes the singular orb of energy to dissipate into nothingness. Scowling as he shakes the ringing from his ears, Koi glares at his foe, who has ascended a bit and is now fairly close to the top of the cavern, and shouts what I'm sure is an expletive-laden tirade in Poke-Talk. Unfortunately, I don't have Jeri's translator device on me, so I have no idea what the little bugger is saying. Maybe Jeri can help us out.

Koi was the only one to take damage, but it's nothing insurmountable, especially at this early stage. Myrmeleo used a nice chunk of energy, as well. Both sides, however, will be plenty good for two.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:02 PM   #3
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Well I'm not _totally_ screwed from the gate so I have that to be happy for.

Throw up a Rock Slide to block a move and strike, before continuing the assault with a Dragon Twister.
Emi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:12 PM   #4
Jerichi
本✚能

"Buckle down and prepare a Fake Out after the slide and give a point-blank Blizzard."
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:09 AM   #5
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

The duo square off as Myrmeleo flaps her powerful wings, remaining airborne as she holds position about 25 feet off the ground, where Koi stands, motionless. They eye each other, neither wanting to make the first move, but also each being well aware that they have jobs to do. After a few moments, the would-be silence drowned out by the sound of the waterfall and the rhythmic flapping of Myrmeleo's wings, the Flygon strikes. Understanding her master's implied intentions to remain airborne, she utilizes some of her rock reserves to generate an actual boulder before her, the energy materializing into solid rock as the Kecleon bides his time. In a single, fluid motion, Myrmeleo whips her tail about and into the boulder, shattering it as the smaller rocks slide through the air, striking Koi as he tanks the hit like a true champion. As the rocks strike the Kecleon and the ground around him, a small puff of light dust breaks from the ground, clouding vision for a brief moment. As the dust settles, though, Koi is still standing strong, ready to continue as he slightly tenses his legs as if sensing an opportunity arising.

Continuing her assault, Myrmeleo beats her powerful wings once more, but this time Koi has no intention of succumbing to her tactics. The Kecleon races forward in an eyeblink, closing the distance between himself and his airborne foe. He leaps into the air, cutting a chunk of the vertical distance away, and extends his long, versatile tounge, slapping the Flygon just quickly and lightly enough to fake her out, as her concentration is disrupted, her attack dissipating. Who would have thought that a Kecleon could manage to strike a foe some twenty-something feet in the air! Besides that, though, can we detour quickly and talk about how Kecleon has an obnoxiously long tongue and he literally just sexually molested a Flygon?

Anyway, Koi lands gracefully before spinning around and grinning at the Flygon, who dropped a couple of feet due to her shock. He takes a deep, deep breath, gathering his energies, and unleashes a horrifyingly cold blast of air. Upon seeing the veritable blizzard, Myrmeleo adopts the strategy of "Best Defense: No be there." Unfortunately, she's not quick enough, as she's still recovering a bit from the shock of being struck from such a height. While she does manage to avoid a bit of the freezing rain and snow and wind, the better part of the attack lashes at her torso, causing her to wail in pain as she plummets to the ground, skidding to a halt as she manages to maintain her footing rather than crashing. Panting, and likely feeling quite cold, Myrmeleo turns to face her foe, a true look of hatred in her eyes.

Myrmeleo took a nasty blow, now trailing Koi in the health department by a fair bit. Again, though, it's nothing too insurmountable at this early stage. She's also glad to have gotten a bit of a breather, however unintentional it was. Koi, on the other hand, is looking winded from his antics, and would likely appreciate a light break of his own. As far as type-energy goes, Koi did quite a number on his Ice reserves - normal curse and whatnot, while Myrmeleo has a fair chunk of rock energy left in her tanks.

Last edited by kingothestone; 02-17-2015 at 10:21 AM.
kingothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:26 AM   #6
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

As amusing as Kecleon having a 15 foot long tongue is, I'm wondering how it is that long when there is nothing noted in its SC about having a particularly long tongue (admittedly it is a chameleon and they have long tongues) and its somehow bigger than Lickitung's and Lickilicky's? Like I'd consider those the champions of the tongue so.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:28 AM   #7
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Fair question, and honestly pretty interesting at that. I asked a couple people about the length, actually, and got responses saying "pretty damned long", but since this is a tournament match, I'll bring this to S&I and get a quick, definitive ruling.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:45 PM   #8
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Alright given the S/I ruling and a brief discussion I'm okay with the reffing. Jeri, proceed to beat the piss out of me more!

Quote:
Zelphon - Today at 5:29 AM
If the current political climate has taught me anything
It's that a purge via gay witches may very well be necessary
Old 02-20-2015, 02:53 PM   #9
Jerichi
本✚能

"A Hidden Power and a Psybeam!"
Old 02-20-2015, 02:57 PM   #10
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Give our foe a Supersonic, then rush at them and smash them with a Dragon Rush and pin them under you.

Quote:
Old 03-18-2015, 05:24 PM   #11
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

I thought this was waiting on Jeri but turns out its Kots. What do?

Quote:
Old 03-19-2015, 09:42 AM   #12
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Now on the ground, Myrmeleo takes the slightest of moments to regain her bearings, quickly adjusting to her new, down-to-earth perspective. As she does so, Koi begins to once again craft his array of orbs around his slender frame. Before he can generate more than one ball of energy, however, the entire cavern is shaken with a mind-rending screech. As Koi's hands dart to his ears, attempting to block out the sound as he doubles over in agony, the singular orb dissolves into nothingness. The sound dies out after a few moments, and Koi stands upright once more. He stares at Myrmeleo blankly, seemingly not even realizing the Flygon is there as she stands there, the smuggest of grins on her face.

As Koi stands motionless, trapped within the swirling vortex of his own mind, Myrmeleo takes to the air with a single beat of her powerful wings, darting forward along the ground in a matter of seconds as she coats herself in a magnificent purplish blue aura. With all her might, she slams into Koi, knocking the Kecleon to the ground as she deposits her full body weight atop his torso, pinning his arms to the ground as she rests her foreclaw on his head, rendering him fairly helpless. The blow knocks Koi back to reality, but he finds himself unable to do much, as his pinned arms prevent him from properly channeling his energies into an orb or beam that he could potentially use to escape.

The two combatants are neck and neck in health right now, with both sides looking a bit battered but not too much so. Koi, thanks to his forced reprieve, looks quite fresh, and Myrmeleo also looks like she can continue on at her current pace, although overall it's fair to say that Koi maintains a fairly large lead in the energy department. Koi is, of course, pinned down, which could prove interesting in the coming rounds.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:09 AM   #13
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

The issue with this strategy is I never thought past this round. Bullocks.

Smack him with a DC Earthquake headbutt, then keep him pinned to the ground. If he breaks free, give him a Power-Up Punch to think about.

Quote:
Old 04-04-2015, 02:20 PM   #14
Jerichi
本✚能

"Counter the EQ and try to free yourself. Screech him out of the punch."
Old 10-06-2015, 09:21 PM   #15
Miror
Marsh Badge

Commandeering this ship, will have a reffing probably tonight/tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:14 PM   #16
Miror
Marsh Badge

So I lied, but at least it's moving!

Footsteps resound through the cavern as the new referee arrives, throwing his predecessors gear over the falls in lieu of his absence. He can collect it all later if he returns from the dead. Looking to both sides, the competitors raise themselves up off of the ground, muscles aching after the more than half a year's delay. The Pokemon are returned to the field quickly, still in the condition that they found themselves in that long time ago. Koi is rather perturbed as he finds himself under the weight of his much larger opponent, and Myrmeleo gives a buzzing cry of success as she looks at the seemingly incapacitated Kecleon. And thus we have returned to the previous state of this match, and without warning it resumes. The Flygon's head begins to glow a dull brown as the antlion gathers the power of an earthquake to channel into an attack. Koi's eyes widen in fear, and he rushes to focus as he surrounds himself with a red aura. Myrmeleo's head and antennae are already in motion, smashing roughly against the pinned chameleon, but the thin layer shields the Kecleon from a little of the damage. Absorbing the kinetic energy of the blow, the redness gathers and flings Koi with incredible force into the Flygon in a formidable counterattack, causing Myrmeleo to let out a cry of pain as she backs away slightly. Returning to his feet, the Kecleon pants slightly but stands at the ready as his rapidly jerking eyes ensure he can see what's to come. And come it does, as Myrmeleo's fist begins to glow with power as the Flygon approaches. Koi has no interest in getting decked across the face, and so in quick desperation lets out a resounding screech that echoes through the subterranean complex, leaving Myrmeleo distracted by the almost physical assault on her ears. Shaking herself of the ringing, she glares at the Kecleon, letting out a vibrating growl as she plans her next assault.

Both Pokemon have left their first thirds of health, with Myrmeleo getting the short end of the stick being at the midpoint of hers. Koi will face a bit of immediate exhaustion, but will be good for two once it passes, while Myrmeleo appreciated the break from the forced one mover. Jeri to order.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:15 PM   #17
Jerichi
本✚能

How close is Koi to the water?
Old 10-12-2015, 09:40 PM   #18
Miror
Marsh Badge

What water

I'd say around 10 feet with the water behind you.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:12 AM   #19
Jerichi
本✚能

"Bind around the arms/wings. You can give it two tries if she breaks out or it fails."
Old 11-05-2015, 08:37 PM   #20
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

So you want to bind around her arms and wings? Alright, cool, but an antlion wins with her legs...and well jaws.

Descend as he binds you, then charge forwards and pin him with a Body Slam, hopefully he'll release his grip. If he lets go, slam him with a DC Earthquake but if not, give his face a Crunch.

Quote:

Last edited by Emi; 11-05-2015 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-07-2015, 02:15 AM   #21
Miror
Marsh Badge

Having fully recovered from the disturbance of last round, Myrmeleo maintains her altitude, watching her foe carefully as she maintains what she believes to be a safe distance. Koi gives a sly smile as he realizes how unaware the Flygon must be, and with another fwaap of sticky saliva, the Kecleon's overlarge tongue jets through the air and with great dexterity wraps itself around the midriff of the flying antlion, binding her arms and, more importantly, her wings. They flap feebly and uselessly a couple of times before Myrmeleo comically realizes that she will be unable to control her descent, and with her mouth shaped in a surprised "o", she crashes with considerable force to the rocky floor below her. Raising herself to her feet as the tongue constricts like an anaconda around her, she glares at the chameleon before surprising her captor by charging forward. Lowering her center of gravity, Myrmeleo takes a small leap just as she reaches Koi and with speed and body weight behind her inertia, she slams heavily into the Kecleon, and in the process Koi's tongue recoils and removes itself from the Flygon. Myrmeleo grins to herself as she prepares her next attack, but Koi definitely has other ideas. As the Flygon begins to gather energy and shifts to an appropriate angle for say, punching the Kecleon's nonexistent teeth in, Koi takes the opportunity to follow up on his orders and wrap up Myrmeleo in his tongue once more, halting the Flygon's preparations and inhibiting any further attempts for Myrmeleo to go for any hand to hand combat. The two stare deeply into each other's eyes, at a sort of stalemate as Koi has his foe bound, but said foe happens to be sitting atop him.

Koi is nearing the midpoint that Myrmeleo is now beneath. Both are refreshed once again after the lighter rounds, though Koi not nearly as much. Emi to order.
Old 11-10-2015, 03:34 PM   #22
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Not quite what I expected to happen, but this is fine.

Breath a Flamethrower dead in his face. From there, deliver a Power-Up-Punch, but if he breaks free, grab him again with a Dragon Rush/

Quote:
Old 12-24-2015, 12:57 PM   #23
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Polite bump for Jeri since I know he's busy, but he might not have seen this.

Quote:
Old 12-24-2015, 03:23 PM   #24
Jerichi
本✚能

"Sucker Punch and let go as you do. Then Icy Wind."
Old 12-28-2015, 12:26 AM   #25
Miror
Marsh Badge

Still wrapped within the confines of the sticky tongue of her foe, Myrmeleo struggles briefly against her captor's entrappings before the plans of her trainer are made clearas they echo throughout the cave. A menacing glint appears in her eyes as hot flames begin to build in the dragon's chest, the fire stomach long dormant firing up as the Flygon prepares to launch an incredible flamethrower right into the chameleon's face. The Kecleon has other plans, as he raises one of his hands, a pervading darkness able to be seen shining slightly briefly around the upraised arm. Myrmeleo pauses momentarily, confused by the gesture, and Koi takes full advantage of such as he approaches, relinquishing his coils as he delivers a hefty sucker punch to the stomach of the Flygon, causing Myrmeleo to recoil and the inferno to die in her throat. Stumbling backwards, the dragon begins to rush forward, prepared to tackle the Kecleon once more, and Koi gathers the last vestiges of his ice energy to produce a blowing, icy wind, which does little to slow down the incoming Flygon as it is not nearly as powerful as it usually is, leaving Myrmeleo in pain and annoyed as she crashes into the chameleon. Myrmeleo makes a desperate attempt to either grab or pin the Kecleon, but the technique she used does not lend to much other than bashing her opponent, so Koi evades her grasp as he regains his feet on the slippery limestone floor.

Koi sits pretty much where Myrmeleo sat at the start of this round, with the Flygon dropping into her final third a ways. Both remain good for two, with Koi's Dark below half and Ice completely gone. Jeri to order.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Generic Tourney Forum