4 vs. 4
Singles
Hidden Squad
Equiall 5
Slapstick
72 Hour DQ
Team Plasma's Castle
Spoiler: show
Long abandoned to the annals of time, Team Plasma's Castle has fallen into disrepair. Battles will take place in the expansive courtyard, littered with debris from the collapsed building. In the center of the courtyard is a large water feature, the intricate statue standing at the center having eroded into obscurity. The waters are both deep and wide enough for Pokemon to comfortably swim in, but at at their deepest roughly 10 feet. Vines hang down from the edges of the courtyard, and nimble Pokemon will be able to use them as a climbing frame. As always, within reason, if one of the batters mentions positioning of an object, the battler is considered to be correct unless it contradicts a previous statement.
The new Ground GL and LO looks to prove his worth yet again, but this time against a different seasoned veteran, their last confrontation having a pretty lackluster ending. But that's enough for the intro, I've got some lyrics to write.

Last edited by Sparkbeat; 02-15-2015 at 11:54 PM.
Sparkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:44 PM   #2
Connor
Who Knows?

Hidden Squad, Spark. PM is in.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:54 PM   #3
Sparkbeat
Best Beaver

Yeah, didn't quite catch that throwing this up in between games of Melee with a friend over xd
Old 02-16-2015, 05:01 AM   #4
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Who orders first after the opening round? Never did quite get the hang of hidden squad.

*Looks at Connors squad* "And there's 150 or more to see..."

Last edited by Concept; 02-16-2015 at 05:26 AM.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:42 AM   #5
Sparkbeat
Best Beaver

Fairly certain it's the challenger who orders first.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:58 AM   #6
Connor
Who Knows?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure with Hidden Orders the challenger orders first following the Hidden Round.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:45 AM   #7
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Assuming it's switch=KO from the lack of specification, orders finally in.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:39 AM   #8
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept
Badges:

Pokebowl 2011 Badge
Global Badge
This badge was given to Concept and Kuno in recognition for taking the top places in the Pokebowl 2011 tourney.
Badge Effect: Professional Trainer
This badge allows its holder to bring two Pokemon above their trainer level to a match with no risk of either Pokemon disobeying. This badge may only be used in one match at a time.

Matriarch the Altaria (Female)
Hidden Power: Ghost
Altaria (Dragon/Flying): Altaria's song-based attacks are slightly more effective than normal. On a cloudy day, Altaria can be sightly difficult to see in the air. They are strong fliers and surprisingly fast.
No sig.
Token Effect: Altarianite
Altaria may transform into its Mega form in battle.

Let's lead with Matriarch. Confide your foe out of their first technique, then Twister.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor

Morgiana: Female Ampharos
Ampharos: An Ampharos's pelt is slightly charged and any Pokémon not resistant to electricity who comes into physical contact with Ampharos has a 10% chance of flinching. Mareep, Flaaffy, and Ampharos have the ability to use the balls on their tails as lights. While not as powerful as a Flash attack, they light up the arena without blinding opponents or allies, and doing so takes almost no energy to maintain. It is considered one move for a Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos to light its tail. This will, however, make it a more obvious target for Pokémon who can see in dark areas.
Biography: Morgiana was born to the darkness. Her entire existence knew only hatred and fear. Stumbling through the world, she somehow managed to hash out a miserable existence, knowing that there must be more to the world than the meager expanses of her homeland. Finally managing to escape into the world, the young Morgiana began to travel, becoming little more than a nomad. Her actions slowly managed to open her heart more and more, and Morgiana came to realise something. A massive change was occurring within her body. Where once a crippling, icy blackness resided within her soul, a shining light now stood, and Morgiana became to revel in the light. It ran throughout her body, every fiber dyed with an intense radiance, and Morgiana donned the light, eradicating all traces of the night from her existence.
Signature Training - Child of the Light:
Morgiana can now use Tail Glow and Solarbeam, with enough Grass- type energy to fuel two uses of the latter.
Hidden Power: Water

Morgiana to start. Throw down a Thunderbolt, then finish with a Confuse Ray.

Stumbling out of the ruins of Team Plasma's Castle, a masked admiral with the girls of the Sixth Destroyer Division stacked on his shoulders, he crashes down the stairs just as Sparkbeat notices him. But then the fountain in the centre of the arena erupts with an ominous light, an Abyssal girl reaching out and dragging the young referee into the water! With a gasp, the admiral sends two of the girls after the denizen of the abyss, dusting himself of as he tries to figure out what to do.

Two Brits just watch somewhat unnerved at this turn of events, but these two men have battled greater evils before. Nothing like an Abyssal attack should stop their battle. Also those girls should easily be able to take care of that Abyssal, especially with the support the admiral's sent.

Hibiki: "хорошо!"
Akatsuki: "We'll save Spark! I'll show you how elephan- *ahem* ELEGANT I can be!"

And with that, the pair of shipgirls vanish into the portal, probably to the Eastern Orel Bay, but that's another story.

The trainers sigh, knowing that this is just another one of the shenanigans that Kamen and his fellow admirals tend to get dragged into. Tossing in their Poke Balls, the trainers pray for their victory as their champions take form in the barren courtyard! Representing the Ground Gym Leader, an Ampharos announces her presence as the Child of the Light, Morgiana! Meanwhile, taking to the skies, Concept's Altaria, Matriarch unfurls her fluffy wings, letting out a cry to the heavens!

She who makes the first move can very easily win! Taking the initiative, Matriarch conveys a silly secret of hers about how she makes her wings super fluffy to the Light Pokemon in the form of song! Morgiana immediately begins snorting, then cackling at the absurdity of the whole thing, her thoughts to shock the daylights out of the Humming Pokemon already out the window, along with a special attack reduction! Seizing the chance she's made, Matriarch follows through with her trainer's blind orders, whipping up a storm that picks up a few large stones along the way before slamming into the Electric type! While the Flying component of the attack wasn't so bad, being slugged by the odd giant rock or two sort of did! The whirlwinds die down as Morgiana rubs her wounds lightly, before aiming her tail at the Altaria! A dazzling shine radiates from the red jewels on both her head and tail, befuddling the dragon within moments of exposure and earning the Ampharos an early status advantage!

Ikazuchi: Matriarch escaped damage this opening round, but is confused now to a fair degree. Energy use wasn't too bad either. She's gonna need to rely on her trainer with that status condition!
Inazuma: Morgiana took some damage, although not too severe, with a special attack reduction to boot. Also good to go, nanodesu! (Hawawawa, Kamen wrote such a long introduction nanodesu! >_<" ) Connor needs to order!

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.
3DS FC: 1607 2923 7949

The Kamen Fleet (TL5 / A- Grade Referee) | Cameron Kalmia: Viridian's Maskmaker
Hizumi Yukikaze: Emerald Breeze~ | Tokikou Nobuyuki: Time Mage
Ludger Bullenaar: Bastion of Raji City | Helena Levinton: Violet Stitching
Shizuya Kasen: SHSL Armourer

Waifu Squadron and Explorers | Cavern of Chaotic Creativity

Paradise lies beyond the horizon, challenge it because it is unreachable.
Speak of the absolute territory, and grasp it with your hands.

SAAVE ME

FLOOF AND MOFUMOFU JUSTICE! *WHACK*

"Quit poking my face! >_<"
"Ahahaha, you'll never get rid of this! *hiss*"

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

"That was a terrible idea. But holy carp, this tastes pretty nice."

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Love burns brightly for one and all.

Please don't diss idols or fluffy things in my presence.

Last edited by KamenAeons; 03-13-2015 at 08:50 AM.
KamenAeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:07 AM   #9
Connor
Who Knows?

Throw him a Zap Cannon, then get nice and comfortable with a Cotton Guard.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:25 AM   #10
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Refresh once paralysed, then sing her to sleep.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:00 AM   #11
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Round 2: Timezones are the devil.

With the cotton-winged dragon sort of lazily flapping about in her confusion, Morgiana knows that there is only one thing to do! Zap the damn thing silly. Condensing electricity into a humming orb of might, the Ampharos takes aim at the cloud in the darkened skies, launching it moments later! The pretty sparkles of light approach Matriarch, her only desire right now being to hug the glowing display! And then poof, down she goes, corkscrewing towards the ground and taking a bit of fall damage with that direct dose of electricity! Still paralysed to some degree though, the Altaria prays for some relief, a hope for healing as she channels energy through her body! The electricity crackles through her muscles, but she forges onwards, slowly nullifying the paralysis that was sort of eased earlier with her hard drop. Seconds later, she's all good as new, but Morgiana hasn't just been lazing about! No, in fact, she's gone ahead and donned herself in a fabulously flame-resistant garb of cotton, raising her physical defense considerably in the process! And it's also reminded me of this comic! Back to our fluffy queen though, whose vocal cords are just a bit sore from the paralysis before but working just fine. A fine tune rings out in the echoing ruins of the castle courtyard, eyes on all slowly drooping to sweet oblivion as Matriarch's song continues! Soon, Morgiana's asleep, curled up in her fluffy cotton pillow, and Matriarch shaking off the last of that paralysis.

Inazuma: "Beware of collisions. Matriarch took a bit more damage this round, but had an overall easier round. Her breath is slowly speeding up though."
Ikazuchi: "That was the power of lightning? I'd like to do that some day. Morgiana took no damage, with a bit of energy use. Her defenses are increased, and she's also asleep, with a bit of distance between bird and lighthouse-thingy."

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 03-16-2015, 08:06 AM   #12
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Do a flyby toxic so you end up behind her.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:16 AM   #13
Connor
Who Knows?

Sleep Talk twice. Light 'er up.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:02 AM   #14
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Round 3: LIGHT EM UP!

Content with her opponent downed for the time being, Matriarch swoops past the Ampharos while dropping a pulsing purple package from her mouth onto the Light Pokemon. The poisons fizzle on Morgiana's forehead before evaporating away, the toxins already leaching into the Electric type's immune system as she slumbers on. A grimace on her sleeping face makes it clear that the poison is going to cause chaos soon, but then Morgiana mumbles something. Her mouth opens up, voicing some incoherent language before electricity pours forth all around her, Discharging power and managing to score a blow on the unsuspecting Altaria! However, her recent bout with paralysis managed to save her from a repeat performance. Matriarch remains some distance away from Morgiana, with her fluffy body behind the Ampharos! But then a weaker surge of electricity crackles forth from the sleeping biped, her Shock Waves blasting forward into... nothing because Matriarch is sort of behind her.

Inazuma: "All that electricity surprised me! Morgiana still has a considerable lead on Matriarch!"
Ikazuchi: "Those toxins are pretty shocking too, but both are good for two, Morgiana less so. She's still sleeping deeply though, what a sleepyhead!"

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Last edited by KamenAeons; 03-19-2015 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:18 AM   #15
Connor
Who Knows?

Why is Ampharos so lazy.

Sleep Talk again. If you are awoken, Heal Bell.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:29 AM   #16
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Kind of the point of going behind Ampharos was that whilst Sleep Talk may allow you to fire, it doesn't let you aim. Maybe this also got changed when the 50% fail rate was removed but in the old days they just fired in whatever direction they happened to have fallen asleep facing. Discharge might be omnidirectional (fml with that rng roll I guess) but Shock Wave isn't.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:04 PM   #17
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Oh, I think I was in the state of mind in thinking that it homes in on the target rather than being omnidirectional, but now I realise that it is not the case. Connor, could you re-order after I fix this up?

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 03-19-2015, 08:49 PM   #18
Connor
Who Knows?

So I am very much so at the mercy here.

Heal Bell if you wake up, and follow with a Thunderbolt.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:19 AM   #19
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Must admit I had forgotten that Ampharos got Heal Bell. Herp derp derp.

Dragon Twister, let the flapping push you further back away from her. When she starts up the 'bolt divebomb the ground with Earthquake to fall beneath it. Lesse if she's got that thick cotton buffer between her legs and the ground.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:02 AM   #20
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Round 4: BLOW THEM AWAY!

Her slumber continuing on, Morgiana remains unaware of the threat at her back, the Altaria flapping her wings and stirring up a swirling energy storm! Laced in draconic energy, the blue-green vortex of wind runs its course, taking in stray stones on its way as the full twister slams into the Ampharos's back! Morgiana picks her post-dirt-nap self up, somewhat disgruntled from the rude awakening, and turns to find her opponent, Matriarch, having made the distance between the two a bit larger in her slumber! Letting the cleansing peal of a bell ring out across the ruins of the castle, Morgiana recovers from her toxic poisoning problem, much to Matriarch's disappointment. Seeing as the Altaria is waiting for some reason, the light of Johto's sole lighthouse crackles with electricity and within moments fires a yellow bolt towards her opponent! However, Matriarch is able to mitigate the damage by abusing her distance, divebombing straight down, the thunderbolt clip her tail and legs and making the earth tremble from the sheer fluffiness! Only she shall be the fluffiest! Morgiana cringes as her defenses are breached, taking a fair bit of damage in the process from the waves of Ground energy!

Ikazuchi: "Matriarch has just reclaimed her lead, cleaving through that cotton buffer with two fairly strong attacks. Morgiana's debuff is gone now, while defense buff holds strong."
Inazuma: "Both are good for two, and Morgiana's no longer poisoned. Matriarch has half her Ground reserves left. I don't like earthquakes."

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 03-22-2015, 05:07 AM   #21
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

P sure cotton guard only provides the buff against physical blows things that actually hit the cotton layer, and would question how Ampharos walks properly if there's a thick chunk of cotton between her feet and the floor. Maybe I'm overthinking that though, if you think otherwise then ok.

Let us become one with teh fluffeh. Digivolve! Use dragon Twister, getting back into flight/levitation mode with the wing flaps.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:13 AM   #22
Connor
Who Knows?

Conjure a Light Screen since I'm pretty sure that should be mostly energy. Follow with a Volt Switch to Stein.

Quote:
Stein: Male Nidoking
Nidoking: Of the Nido monarchy, Nidoking have the higher offensive power and any attacks they use with the tail or horn are 1.2x as powerful. Nidoking have sensitive hearing, at the expense of being more vulnerable to sound based status attacks.
Biography: Stein is an entirely disturbed Pokemon. From a young age he has had a twisted mind, having seen numerous sights no youngster should be subjected to. His avid pursuit of the sadistic arts has led to him developing an intrinsically brutal battling style, his absolute terror on the field of war being likened to that of an entire army. The only existence known to calm his blood lust is Marie, but the Nidoqueen very rarely accompanies Stein into battle, resulting in a deadly show of force.
Signature Move: Adding Insult to Injury:
When told to 'Raze', Stein will use a modified version of Skull Bash, wreathing his horn in a fine layer of Ground- type energy. Stein will then rush forwards to tackle the foe. The cloak of energy will protect Stein from incoming attacks without neutering the momentum of his charge, in the same vein as the energy cap of Skull Bash. This attack will deal Solid Ground- type damage as a base for equivalent energy, but if the foe is under any status effects, it will deal Heavy damage. This attack rises in energy cost with each use, capping at Heavy energy.
Hidden Power: Grass
Old 03-30-2015, 09:29 AM   #23
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Round 5: DO THE DRAGON WINDY THING

Resolving to embrace the fluffy, Matriarch's body glows bright with a white light! Cloaking herself in a technicolour cocoon, cracks begin to form within moments of caging herself, rays of pink radiate from the splitting sphere! Shards scatter on the barren landscape as the pinnacle of fluffiness herself emerges from her shell, letting a shrill cry to the heavens as she flaps up high. Sadly, the honour of being the first Mega Altaria that I've had to ref doesn't go to her, since Spark's taken that award as well as the award for first Mega Altaria used in the league. Doesn't deter her though since she whips up a energy-brimming twister towards the Light Pokemon who dares defy her! Morgiana knows exactly what to do in this scenario though, conjuring a pane of light before her to block the energy vortex! Cracks form on the screen, but it doesn't falter, the Mega Altaria in the distance screeching in disdain as she moves further up!

Morgiana decides that this is not her match-up, sending a swirling belt of electricity skyward towards the Mega Altaria! Seeing it approaching, Matriarch alters her flight direction, causing the attack to hit her wings as the Ampharos vanishes back into her Poke Ball, cotton and all.

Crashing onto the earth, Stein lets out a bestial roar, his majestic presence challenging the queen of fluffy with the fluffy things he got from Morgiana!

Ikazuchi: Stein has a weakening Cotton Guard and a worn down Light Screen active. Somewhat fresh mentally although this will pass soon!
Inazuma: Matriarch is refreshed and ready to bring down the fluffiness!

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 03-30-2015, 01:10 PM   #24
Connor
Who Knows?

Right. Time to figure out how to play this properly.

Throw him a Poison Sting, following with an arcing Sludge Bomb.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:18 PM   #25
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Ignore him - closing your eyes if need be - and focus on having Mirror Move pull up volt switch. Should the switch fail, do the falling Earthquake thing again to evade the bombs. Otherwise;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept

Hercule the Poliwrath (Male)
Hidden Power: Ground
Poliwrath (Water/Fighting): Poliwrath are the best and fastest swimmers of all the Poliwag family, but are just as adept on land as they are in the water. They secrete a sort of slime when out of the water, which makes them more slippery and harder to grab.
Signature Move: Gut Buster (Fighting)
Hercule punches the opponent in a soft and vulnerable area. This requires a moment of concentration and significant energy, and does mild damage. However, it also winds the opponent, which has the effect of making them feel like they've been using energy at a high rate with all the associated drawbacks (tiredness, inefficient energy use and what have you) for a short period (up to a round). Refs should modify the effectiveness of this move based on various factors using their common sense. While the move can be used as much as he likes, the additional effect will only work once per opponent as pokemon quickly adapt to this type of thing.
Hercule, my uplevel Poliwrath.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL