UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Kanto > Viridian Forest

Old 02-03-2015, 02:47 PM   #1
Stealthy
A New and Original Person

Rut Busting with Cade and Ankel

The giant leaves flapped thrice as the large brown sauropod touched down at the edge of Viridian Village, with the Forest looming overhead. The tropius crooned (as if its landing didn't bring enough attention) and Cade slid from the saddle. He ignored the attention of the townies and leers of the bug catchers as he stretched his sore muscles. He patted the back of his ferry as thanks, and its owner stroked its neck... and nearly got pushed off his seat as the creature tried to mush its face into the retired trainer.

"Stop it you damned dumb dinosaur," grumbled Marc, who then hopped off his pokemon. The tropius whimpered and pouted as if it were a dog, or at least a normal dog. Cade was pretty sure Ankel had never whimpered a day in her fucking life, nor would she. Cade thanked the greying contractor as his flying beast began eating trees.

"No problem kid," the man said with a smirk, "But you sure you wanna start yourself off in this tree gap they call a city? We're on our way to do some jobs in Vermillion next, you can come with us there."

Cade chuckled, "Vermillion's in even shittier condition than this place, besides, Sheila left me some extra shit here."

Marc cocked an eyebrow, "Why the hell did that sister of yours leave you stuff in Viridian?"

Cade shrugged, "To make sure I got my ass out of Pewter I guess."

"Heh, well it worked, didn't it." Mark placed a hand on Cade's shoulder, "Alright then, good luck kid; being a trainer's a helluva lot different than back in my days. You and that mutt of yours watch out for yourselves. And you let me know once you figure out this is a dumb as all hell idea, and I'll find real work for ya. And maybe you can sign a longer contract for once."

The two men laughed, and Marc took his hand back. "Alrighty then, Melly, get over here!" The elder one hollered. The tropius lumbered over in an odd a clumsy gallop, and bent down her neck to let Marc on. With a tip of his head as a final salute goodbye, the man and his beast flew off back across the forest.

---

"The fuck is this?" Cade asked his sister three weeks earlier, having just gotten out of the shower. He was staring at a piece of paper on the rickety wooden dining table. She sat on the kitchen counter of the shack he was leasing, spooning yogurt into her mouth. "Trainer application", she replied in between bites, "for you."

Cade sat down in a worn wooden chair, glancing over the application and looking slightly annoyed. "Well no shit Sheila. Why is it here?" Sheila rolled her eyes, "So you can fill it out, dumbass."

"You know what I fucking mean. If I wanted to be pokemon trainer I'd have done it with you," Cade grumped.

"Yeah, instead you decided to do what dad did. Which I remember you hating," Sheila pried the empty yogurt from her prosthetic and dumped it into the trash, "And at least he and mom had their years as trainers to have some damn fun in their lives."

"I'm doing fine Sheila," Cade was starting to scowl, "it's not as bad as when we were kids."

"Bullshit. You really think your life's super fucking peachy?"

"Hey, back off, okay," Cade stood up, voice rising, "It's good enough."

"Bullshit," Sheila repeated, hopping down and pushing the application towards him.

"How the fuck is being a trainer supposed to make my life better?"

"By giving you some goddamn excitement! You find pokemon, get to know them, train them, battle with them, and all sorts of shit while helping out around the regions," she lectured, gesturing about with her arm.

"Sheila, I would suck shit at that."

"You already run around the continent doing whatever job you can find, it's the same fucking thing except with a pokemon."

Cade began listing the differences off his hand, "Yeah but the way I do shit now I have a contract, I get paid better, somebody else takes care of my transportation and usually finds me a place to stay, and my mouth is the only one I need to feed."

"Stop fucking welching. You'll find jobs and money fine. Being a trainer expands you're opportunities y'know, and it'll be even easier for you since you already know a bunch of the gym leaders."

"Oh yeah, all those gym leaders," his eyes rolled, "how could I forget that I've got General Blitzer on speed dial."

Sheila kept snapping back. "You know what I mean you dolt. You've worked for most of these leaders before, now isn't any different."

"Somebody else booked those jobs, I don't really know them that well. I bet they don't even know my goddamn name," Cade disputed. His impatience was growing.

Sheila grinned, and began getting smarmy. "Well according to some of those work friends of yours, there's a gym leader out there who you know quite well."

"...can you not."

"What, I'm not judging you or anything, I mean, as long as it's not Hebiko."

"Did you really just fucking say that?"

"Oh take a damn joke. And fill out the damn form."

Cade grunted, and settled back down in his chair. He took a breath. "I, just... why now?"

Sheila shrugged, "Why not?"

Cade glared back at her, "You've never had a word to say about me being a trainer before now. Where the fuck did this come from?"

Sheila sighed, took a minute, and then began sputtering. "I'm leaving for Hoenn in a few days." A bit of color drained from Cade's face. "I'm done with this region, or at least for now. I... I just need a break from how shitty this place is. Hoenn's sunny and new and less fucking broken. And if I'm off doing something better, well, I might as well make sure you are too."

Another pause.

"You really think I'd be decent at training?" Cade asked. Sheila nodded, "Yeah. I mean, you're a lunkhead, but you're less naive than half the kids that start off. You can look out for them and not make their mistakes, and help out in ways that they can't. Pokemon... a lot of them are looking for some sort of strength in a trainer. A lot of them are orphans, and you can deal with them pretty well. You.. you were always great with Liam. You can deal with a pokemon."

He kept mulling it over. Cade always got along decently enough with pokemon... except psychics. Cade avoided working Saffron for a reason. But becoming a trainer... that life wasn't his. He'd be too old for it soon enough. He knew basics but really not all that much about how to deal with pokemon. What did you feed them, how much did it cost... he knew from his sister's lilligant that grass types were easy, but what about fire types? What about rocks? Hell, what about dragons? If he was talking to anybody else he'd think she didn't appreciate the responsibility he was being asked of... but it was Sheila.

And this would make her happy.

"Fine. I dunno if I'll do anything with it, but I'll apply."

Within days, Cade found Ankel.

---

"Uh, hi. I'm Cade Morton, my sister said she had a package left for me here." Cade uncertainly said to the nurse at the front desk of the Viridian Pokecenter. She was young, probably about his age, and fairly easy on the eyes. He suddenly became very conscious of how his hair probably looked like shit from his ride on the flying plantosaur and flexed his pecs to compensate.

"Yeah sure, let me check," the girl tucked some loose hair behind her ear and brought his order up on the computer. "Oh wow, your sister is Sheila Morton?" she asked.

Cade deflated a bit. "Yep, that's her." If he remembered right, Sheila got Nando's badge a few years back after a strong run through Johto. She was quite happy to be able to rely on her lilligant, Nadine, in a gym battle for once.

"Sorry to gush, but I used to live in Cerulean and got to see her battle. She helped out in the center I was interning at too. She's quite good. Marigold was her seventh badge?" Cade remembered that match, it was one of the few he was able to actually be there for.

"Eighth, actually." Out of eleven, before she stopped challenging gyms. Would've been ten, but she and Kumoko pissed each other off.

"Is she working in Celadon now? The way she used that lilligant she could takeover for Florian." Cade tried not to laugh, his sister trained with Florian for a bit. She fucking hated that smug prick, and went and found the old grass gym leader instead.

"Naw, she hasn't specialized enough yet. She's off in Hoenn now, challenging their circuit." A half-lie. He hoped most conversations wouldn't devolve to his sister.

At that point a chansey came up from behind the desk and an audino came by with a brown box for Cade. The nurse took it from the creature and handed it to Cade. "Well, here you are. Have a nice day, Cade!"

"Thanks, uh..."

"Jane." She filled in with a smile. Cade smiled back, and again said his thanks and left the center.

---

Cade found a nice place to sit, under the shade of a big tree not far from the Viridian Marketplace. He had sifted through Sheila's care package, a lot of useful items, some star shards, and a TM that he had no idea how to use. He opened up his pokegear and went to the texting app.

got ur present. thx. fuck do i do now?

Sheila replied a few seconds later.

GO ADVENTURE also tell ankel i say hi

ty for being specific

ur welcome. go help nando with something? explore pallet or the forest? make a friend? do what you and ankel want!

Pallet... it was a swamp now but a part of him wouldn't mind seeing that place again. He dug out Ankel's pokeball and released her, the light taking the form of a small pink dog with a smooshed face. The snubbull instantly looked to his feet and tried to nip at his boot. Cade shook her off before she could even sink her teeth in. Ankel couldn't do much damage to his tough workboot, at least not until she grew into a granbull.

Cade really hoped Ankel would stop trying to bite him before that happened.

He grabbed a nearby stick, decent width, and threw it for Ankel to fetch. She didn't go for it and just looked at him. He could tell she was judging him.

"Fine. Sit," he ordered, and to his astonishment Ankel actually obeyed. Not that it hadn't happened before, she was decently quick to learn. Something something canine instinct. But still, didn't always happen.

"Alright. So here we are," his pokegear had flipped to showing a map, which he then showed to her, "and now we can do whatever. Pallet Town, which is basically a swamp, is down this way, there's a big forest up here which leads to where we were the past few days, and then there's people here in this village. And I don't know why I'm fucking explaining this to a dog as if you understand."

Ankel barked shrilly and went nipped his finger. "Ah fuck, goddammit stop doing that. If you bite other people you're gonna get us both fucked," Cade scolded her, but he hadn't actually seen her bite random strangers. Aside from when they met. Wasn't he lucky. "Alright fine, so you can read a map. Anyway, I... I kinda wanna go to Pallet. That sound okay to you?"

The snubbull made a huffing sound and stood up, began sniffing the air, and started to walk off.

"Where the fuck are you going?" Cade called after her, only for Ankel to ignore him.

Fuck it. At least one of us has a plan, he thought as he followed his starting pokemon to god knew where.
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:52 AM   #2
Connor
Who Knows?

With the direction of his journey seemingly being dictated by Ankel, Cade quickly sets off after the Snubbull, the small Pokemon seemingly having a dogged determination as she continues to bound onwards. As the mismatched pair make their way through the outpost named Viridian, locals seem to give them strange looks before continuing on their daily business, none bothering to stop the pair despite their obvious inquisitiveness. Before long, Cade finds himself standing at the entrance to Viridian Forest, and Ankel comes to a halt, turning back towards Cade. Before either can interact with the other, a burst of activity comes tumbling from the sparse undergrowth fringing the forest, staggering headlong into Ankel and knocking her over. Panicked yelping follows, and a small canine with a coat of fiery orange fur begins barking at Cade, clearly wanting the trainer to follow him. Edging near the entrance to the forest, the small Growlithe begins to whimper, almost pleading with Cade, a desperation in his eyes.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:34 PM   #3
Stealthy

Somewhat embarrassingly, the big strong Cade Morton was slowly following a dinky pink dog back through the hovel that was formerly Viridian City. On more than one occasion he considered busting out the pokeball and turning around, but something about Ankel's drive told him this was different than the time she dragged him across Pewter because she wanted better kibble. Or at least he thought. He was still pretty new to this whole trainer thing. Doing his best to ignore the odd looks he so deservedly got, he wound up back at the Forest, not far from where Marc had dropped him off.

I say I wanna go south, and this bitch takes me north. I really don't know what I expected. Fuck me. At about this moment, Cade wondered if maybe Ankel was just trying to head back to Pewter, a go back to the nest sorta thing. Birds did that shit, maybe dogs did too? Fuck if he knew.

Then Cade laughed after seeing Ankel get bowled over by a Growlithe. He went to check if she was okay (which he knew she would be), and she tried nipping his fingers. You'd think he'd learn by this point. Cade swatted her away and turned his attention to the Growlithe, who was leading him closer to the treeline.

Today was just full of Cade following small canines. He liked Growlithes though, they were good, even-tempered dogs. Loyal, strong, and didn't try to bite off your fingers and toes for no goddamn reason. Why couldn't he have started off with one of these things? Sheila got a nice calm and compliant Petilil, and here he was with Ankel. Ugh. The Growlithe looked at Cade with a whimper. Ankel may have led him over (Cade really wasn't sure if it was by accident or not), but the dog was looking to a human for help.

Cade bent down to the Growlithe's level and looked it in the eye. Well, I guess this is what Sheila said being a trainer is all about. He tried to ignore how awkward he felt talking to a dog and calmly told it "Whatever it is, I'll help. Let's go." He tilted his head up towards the forest, raised up, and walked towards it. Ankel barked something short and stayed by his side. A bug forest was totally manageable with a fire type and a fairy type at your side, right?
Old 04-27-2015, 09:45 AM   #4
Connor
Who Knows?

As Cade shows his intentions to follow the Growlithe, the young pup yelps with glee, taking off immediately into the undergrowth. He wastes no time in weaving between the foliage, stopping every now and then to regain his bearings. The going is arduous, but Ankel is sure to keep up with Cade, the Snubbull sniffing at the air with her canine compatriot. As the surrounding trees begin to get denser, the natural dimness of the forest increases, and just as the light seems to run out, a clearing opens up. With a loud bark, the Growlithe bursts into the open, rushing over to a nearby figure who is hunched against a thickened tree trunk.

As Cade approaches, he takes in the sight of the figure. A somewhat older man than himself, he is thick set and seemingly healthy. Healthy, that is, apart from a vicious purple mark spreading across his right leg. The sickly flesh is clearly afflicted with some sort of toxin or disease, and it is causing the man considerable pain. His skin is flushed with sweat, and it's clear he needs some sort of medical attention - though the severity cannot be immediately assessed, the man is evidently suffering. The young Growlithe rushes to his side, nudging the man's head with his nose, and he forces himself to sit upright, looking upwards and locking his gaze with that of Cade.

"Ah, George actually managed to go off and find someone. Hello there, lad. Mind helping a mate out? Seems the Venipede are righteously wound up as of late. Mind going out and seeing if you can see what is up with the poor bastards? I can make it worth your while, I'm something of a leader for the restoration efforts around here."

As he finishes, the young Growlithe whimpers, nudging the man's injured leg. Though he winces, it clearly brings the ailment back to the fore of his mind.

"... Yeah. This as well. Mayhap I might have managed to get myself stung by one of those little critters. In case it wasn't obvious, s'how I know they're a mite riled up right now. If it doesn't trouble you too much, happen to have a Pecha Berry? Won't do me much good to eat it, but I can whip up a salve which should stay the worsening of this thing before I can have it properly checked out."
Old 04-29-2015, 06:47 PM   #5
Stealthy

I liked it better when I flew over this fucking forest, Cade thought after the Growlithe led him through another brush pile he had to force his way through. Ankel, of course, was even smaller than the Growlithe and could easily slip through the three foot high gaps in the brush that were there for pokemon. Gaps which he had to squash with his work boots in order to get through. And it didn't get any easier as the light started fading. The fire type may not have chosen the most human-friendly path, but for all Cade knew this forest didn't have any human-friendly paths. In reality though, aside from the untamed wilds, the hike wasn't too bad.

After a while, the Growlithe suddenly barked louder than usual, and he darted though a bright spot in the trees and out of sight. Cade grimaced and dashed after him, really not wanting to get lost in this place. The light stung a bit as he adjusted to the clearing, where the Growlithe was tending to a man who was probably his owner. So much getting to ride around on an Arcanine. The man had a good bit of years on Cade for sure, and was a bit thicker but still looked fine for his age. Except for his leg, which had a sting mark on it and was infected pretty bad.

"Oh, shit," he muttered under his breath. Cade had seen this happen to other guys once or twice. He was rather thankful for his long pants at that point, even if they weren't the be all and end all of protection. He also wished he remembered more from the seminar he had to sit through on poisons in order to get approved to work in Fuchsia.

The man perked up when the Growlithe nudged him, and he saw Cade and Ankel. "Ah, George actually managed to go off and find someone," he said, "Hello there, lad. Mind helping a mate out? Seems the Venipede are righteously wound up as of late. Mind going out and seeing if you can see what is up with the poor bastards? I can make it worth your while, I'm something of a leader for the restoration efforts around here."

Venipede. Centipede grubs if he remembered right. And apparently poisonous. "Uh, yeah, sure. I can check out those guys I guess." Bugs. I can probably handle that. Somehow. "But, uh, what about your leg?" George nudged the infected appendage for emphasis.

"... Yeah. This as well. Mayhap I might have managed to get myself stung by one of those little critters. In case it wasn't obvious, s'how I know they're a mite riled up right now. If it doesn't trouble you too much, happen to have a Pecha Berry? Won't do me much good to eat it, but I can whip up a salve which should stay the worsening of this thing before I can have it properly checked out." Berry salve. Cade remembered that being a thing, but not how to make it. There was always some other guy on site who was good for first aid and shit, Cade knew how to do a tourniquet but not actual medicine. Fuck me, how do twelve year olds do this shit.

"Yeah, yeah, no problem. Gimme a sec," he answered, still a bit taken aback. It wasn't new, but it was new for him to be doing this alone. He didn't do much work as an independent contractor before. He knelt down and brought around his pack, then grabbed his berry pouch. Pecha berries. Looked like Rawst but weren't blue. Ankel grabbed the berry right out of his fingers and delivered it herself. He kinda thought that he should get the guy out of the Forest first, but didn't feel like arguing the point. Guy probably knew what he was doing more than Cade did.

Reshouldering his pack, Cade asked, "Alright, so what direction is the hive or whatever?", ready to go wherever the man directed. He really had no idea what he was doing.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:06 PM   #6
Connor
Who Knows?

With his features softening somewhat at the sight of the Pecha Berry, the man gratefully takes it from Ankel, his eyes smiling as the Snubbull hands it over. Turning back to Cade, he utters his thanks, before taking a small pestle and mortar from his pack. Placing the berry down into the mortar, before adding a similar looking yellow berry. Using the pestle, he quickly begins to grind them together, forming a thickened paste, which he applies to his leg. Within moments, he sighs with relief, the pain evidently beginning to subside. As it does, his Growlithe becomes more enthusiastic, turning back towards Cade. As Cade asks his question, the injured man beckons George over.

"This little guy can show you the way. Don't worry about me being left here - I have ample protection, trust me. Darn Venipede caught me by bloody surprise ..."

With George receiving a warm pat on the head for his job well done, the man instructs the young pup to show Cade the way, and George happily obliges. Leading the man and his Snubbull, the Fire type breaks through the undergrowth bit by bit, using his nose to track down the sickly scent of the Venipede. Recoiling as the aroma becomes too much for him, the pungent sweetness permeating even Cade's own sense of smell, the Growlithe begins to become more cautious in his advance. With a small bark, he thrusts his nose through the air, pointing to a thrumming bush of activity. Though at first glance seeming quite small, the bush opens out into numerous other plants, the entire thing bustling with an angry, thrumming pitch.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:41 AM   #7
Stealthy

Fuck, what kind of berry is that, Cade thought as the man ground up his berry paste. This guy obviously knew how to make a bug sting healing salve from berries because he lived near a forest of bugs, but he couldn't figure out how the hell trainers kept up with this shit. Maybe at a certain point you didn't have to care. Really, what kind of bug is gonna bother you if you've got a Salamence to burn down the forest for you. The paste clearly helped though, which made George happy. Good ol' Growlithe.

"This little guy can show you the way. Don't worry about me being left here - I have ample protection, trust me. Darn Venipede caught me by bloody surprise..." the man muttered. Cade again felt caution, but didn't feel like arguing the point. He didn't even know basic treatments like berry salve. This guy wasn't a complete idiot, he had to know what he was doing. Giving out a farewell, he followed George back into the woods. And it was just as annoying as the first time. Cade realized not long after he left that he never learned the man's name. "Guy in charge of rebuilding efforts" probably described him decently well though.

The forest of overgrown plants was not kind to Cade, but to be fair to the plants, he was not kind to them this time, and he freely stomped through the annoying scratchy undergrowth of scratchy shrub branches and itchy leaves. He justified it as leaving a trail. He kinda realized he had no idea how to get back without George leading him, but at least for this part he could see the way he came. Beyond that... well Ankel was a dog. She was a mean cunt of a bitch but she wasn't stupid. That whole scent tracking thing... she could probably do that, seeing as that's how she got him to the forest in the first place. Or she'd just leave him in the middle of the woods because she is, in fact, a total bitch.

One more trip off the beaten path later, Cade found himself looking at a smelly bush. It was a nice smell, but it was overwhelmingly disgustingly nice. The bush was also fairly big, and was actually connected to a bunch of smaller bushes. And it was all buzzing. Or thrumming. Or humming. Or whatever. It was making a big angry sound, that's the fucking point. Cade was not a pokemon expert, but he was pretty sure this was the Venipede hive. Sounded like there was a lot of them. And having skimmed the pokedex on the way over, were too poisonous for Ankel to take in a fight.

So he couldn't fight them, there's no fucking them, so that leaves hugging it out. Makes sense. He's supposed to be getting these grubs to calm the fuck down, not play exterminator. Burning down their home probably wasn't called for. Of course, Cade's useless as fuck when it comes to talking to pokemon.

"So, Ankel, George. One of you speak bug? Wanna figure out why they're so fucking pissy?"
Old 05-10-2015, 09:43 AM   #8
Connor
Who Knows?

Having located the hive of Venipede, Cade stands to one side, clearly puzzled as to how to approach the situation. With a look towards George and Ankel, he asks the pair if they have any clue, but they both stare back blankly. George cocks his head and begins to yip, clearly having noticed something within the vicinity, and before Cade can react, a flurry of beating wings fills the air. A flock of Pidgey surge down on the bush, pecking away wildly while a volley of glistening purple stings rush from the leaves to combat the advance. Without warning, a large shriek rings through the air, and a much bulkier Pidgeotto, presumably the leader of the flock, descends down on the bush, wreaking abject havoc.

As the assault continues, it becomes evident that the Venipede are becoming more furious, their shearing buzzing growing louder with every passing second. However, the volley of stings emerging from the bush is beginning to dwindle at a much faster rate than the Pidgey, and it is somewhat evident they won't be able to hang on much longer. The Pidgey show no sign of reason for their sudden aggression, but a look into the trees reveals numerous sloppy nests, each of them having obviously been put together in a troubled rush. Unfolding before Cade seems to be a phenomena of natural territory dispute, but something about the hastily built nature of the nests seems ... wrong.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:43 PM   #9
Stealthy

As he kinda expected, neither Ankel nor George provided jack shit in an immediate answer. Apparently no, they did not speak bug. Which was a damn shame because that would've made this shit super easy. So now he'd have to use... charades? How would Venipede do charades back, they're literally fucking grubs. And they were still pissy as hell, so he'd also need to not get his ass poisoned. Ugh. Cade needed an answer.

An answer that nature then provided. Violently.

"Oh shit," he cried out. Cade grabbed Ankel and threw the two of them back behind a tree as the birds began trying to peck through the bush to the grubs. The Venipede began firing back, stingers shooting out of their home at their attackers. Cade clung to the trunk, hoping it would protect him, then slowly realized that he was safe. He peeked out at the scene, and saw that the Venipede were faltering, probably at least because of the alpha Pidgeotto. He didn't want to fuck with any of this shit, but that bird looked a bit big for a Pidgeotto he thought. Was it close to evolving? Fuck, definitely don't wanna fuck around with a Pidgeot. They're cool, but fighting one was not a good idea at all.

Looking around, he spotted the nests. They were pretty shoddily built, like they were a temporary or last minute to do. He wasn't a pokemon expert, but he'd done enough forest work to know that's not what a Pidgey nest looks like.

It seemed to him that this was just two species fighting either because the Venipede were food, or they were fighting over land. He was pretty sure pokemon did that. A territory dispute? Seemed like a human thing, but fuck it, that sounded right. Didn't fucking matter though. Either way it was the same. The Venipede were all pissed off because they were getting their asses kicked by a bunch of Pidgeys. And the Pidgeys... were just following nature or some shit. Their nests were weird, but maybe they were just because they were new. Like shitty temp houses to live in while they cleared the way to build nicer ones. Cade lived in those all the time.

Ankel wormed her way out of his grip, but she didn't bite or lash out as him as usual. If Cade was paying attention, he might've seen that as a good sign. She wandered out, venturing back to where they were before the Pidgey attacked.

"Wait, fuck, Ankel stop," Cade whisper shouted at her. He really wasn't sure if this was something he should, like, interfere with. It was just animals being animals. If the Pidgey wiped out the Venipede then problem solved? Unless the Venipede just moved somewhere they'd be a bigger threat to people, then it'd be his problem. Regardless, there was no way they should be stepping in this fight. Maybe after the skirmish was done, Ankel and George could parlay with the locals? The Venipede would be less of a threat to Ankel after getting their ass kicked. Would dull their anger to a simmer. And the Pidgeotto... well that was something to play by ear.

"Aight, so, uh, just chill for now. This ain't our fight. Ankel, you and George go talk to the Venipede after the Pidgeys leave. Or talk to the Pidgeotto. Fuck I dunno. Point is let's stay the fuck out until they're done."

Cade was in way above his head on this.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:19 AM   #10
Connor
Who Knows?

Huddled behind the tree, Cade holds onto Ankel, refusing to allow the Snubbull to wander into the crossfire, despite it faltering somewhat. George simply crouches near the pair, whimpering gently with his ears tucked down over his head. Slowly, surely, the erratic buzzing comes to an end, the Venipede seemingly have vacated their nest for the time being. Ankel grunts, shifting in Cade's grasp and managing to get free once again, plodding around the edge of the tree. Following her, Cade looks on at the sight before him, and George issues a low growl, clearly not enjoying the scene.

The bush lays ravaged, utterly abandoned, with strewn bits of Venipede nest everywhere. Stings litter the ground, still pulsing with a horrible purple toxin, but there is no Bug type in sight ...

Except for one. Injured and wailing, a young Venipede thrashes on the ground, desperately trying to evade the vice like grip of the Pidgeotto's talons. Shrieking loudly, the bird spreads his wings wide, and the Pidgey take flight, presumably to chase the remainder of the hive. Looming over the Venipede, the Pidgeotto readies himself, clearly aiming to land the finishing blow sooner rather than later ...
Old 07-26-2015, 06:38 PM   #11
Stealthy

"Holy fucking shit," Cade gasped as he saw the wreckage. The bush that was previously thrumming with buzzing bugs was torn to pieces. Stingers, still active, were strewn about like needles in a crack den. All the Pidgey were gone, chasing off the Venipede from this neck of the woods, either in a hunt or just to reiterate the point: that the bugs lost the territory war. This is what a battlefield looked like after the armies moved on. Destroyed, and completely desolate.

Or, make that almost desolate.

The Pidgeotto remained, looking to slaughter and kill the last Venipede in sight.

Maybe it was pent up frustration from the travel through a path not made for humans.

Maybe he thought that the Pidgeotto and the Pidgey were being unduly aggressive, and the Venipede were in true need of help.

Maybe it was some moral streak in him, that he couldn't stand but be mad at the Pidgeotto for such a massacre.

Maybe he just really wanted to fight a pokemon, or try out a Growlithe, or see Ankel attack somebody besides him.

But really it was none of these things. Cade saw the young Venipede in danger, knew he could do something, and just had to help.

"Hey! Fuck off!" he shouted at the Pidgeotto. "Ankel, stop that thing!" Cade scooped up his starter in one hand and (with a startled yip on her part) hurled her at the Pidgeotto fang first. Ankel flew through the air, fangs crackling with electricity, ready to chomp down on some bird meat.
Old 07-27-2015, 06:49 AM   #12
Connor
Who Knows?

Cade watches the sight for a moment before his body acts on almost pure instinct. Looking towards Ankel, he crouches down, grabbing her around the waist. At first she protests, a loud yip ringing through the air and alerting the Pidgeotto. In no way was he prepared for what is to come next. In a moment of sudden realisation, Ankel ignites her fangs with a surging aura of crackling yellow energy, laying flat like a javelin. With a grunting effort, Cade sends her hurtling through the air, the flying Snubbull whining through the air as a faint trail of sparks are left in her wake. The Pigdeotto has no time to react, standing in a mixed state of horror and confusion. George simply looks on at the spectacle, the Growlithe not managing to process the sudden sight. Ankel simply howls a battle cry.

With a sickening crunch, Ankel slams into the throat of her foe, sending the Pidgeotto crashing backwards. Propelled by the sheer momentum of the assailant, the bird Pokemon takes a while to recover from the savaging, with Ankel thrashing her head left and right to exacerbate the damage. With a shriek, the Pidgeotto tilts his body, slashing at the face of Ankel with his talons until she finally lets go, leaping backwards to create a safe distance. With a threatening growl, the Snubbull tilts her head back towards Cade, as if to promise that wouldn't be the last time she would attack. Squawking with recognition, the Pidgeotto takes to the skies, fleeing in the direction he sent his flock. Ankel, turning to Cade, wears a proud smile on her face, and her entire form is abruptly bathed in a pale blue light, swirling orbs making their way round her body before gently sinking into her pink skin. With a victory yip, the Snubbull becomes further empowered.

Ankel has grown to Level 6!

With that done, Ankel approaches the injured Venipede, her demeanour becoming much softer. Looking at the youngster, she whines towards Cade, indicating that the situation isn't good. Crouching low beside him, she gently nudges him with her head, shifting him from his side, and while the Bug type protests somewhat with an attempt at a threatening hiss, it is soon evident that he barely even has the strength to stand, the Pidgeotto having battered him to the brink.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:25 PM   #13
Stealthy

Cade honestly wasn't sure what to expect when he threw Ankel at the Pidgeotto. He kinda forgot that she knew an electric attack (and definitely wasn't going to remember to use an electric attack at that moment). Thank god Ankel knew what she was doing.

But Cade really didn't think it'd work so fucking well. Ankel was savage. Cade thought taking a Pidgeotto down would be tough. That he'd have to, like, pin its wings while George threw fire at it and Ankel bit its feet or something. But this was waaaaay better. He'd try to remember that. Granted, it just flew away, it didn't go down, but that had to count for something.

Anyway. Back to the poor Venipede.

It clearly needed help. While Ankel fought off the Pidgeotto, Cade ran to the bug's side. He slung his pack off one shoulder and jammed a fist into it, looking for gloves but coming up with a spare shirt to carry the poisonous creature. "Fucking hell," Cade muttered to himself as he saw the state of the poor grub. The Pidgeotto had hurt it bad. It was weakly holding on, stuck on its side. Somewhere in the back of his head he knew he had a job to do, but he really needed to make sure this thing got actual medical attention.

Ankel walked up and whimpered, a first as far as Cade was concerned, and nudged the grub over. It could barely stay on its legs, but it was still tried to pretend it could fight. Bug had spirit, that's for sure. He had to get this thing to a Center. Fuck, they take wilds, right? If he moved quick, and Ankel knew the right way, it wouldn't take too long to get back to Viridian... He really wasn't sure if the Venipede would make it. Pokemon were hardy though, right?

"Alright little guy, we're gonna get you some help. I'm just gonna wrap you in this so you don't poison me like..." And suddenly Cade had an idea. Fucking berries. George's owner used a Pecha berry for his poison, and Cade remembered the Oran berries were decent at healing!

He dropped the shirt, and his sentence, and grabbed his berry pouch. He was looking for one of the small blue ones when Ankel grunted scoldingly at him, and started pawing at the pocket in his pack with medicine in it. Potions. Probably stronger than a berry, and this Venipede needed strong.

"Oh. Yeah." Cade sheepishly answered, "I carry shit for healing." He pulls out one of his purple bottles and reseals the pocket, then, hoping he understood the thing properly, sprayed the Venipede.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:18 PM   #14
Connor
Who Knows?

With the injured Venipede cuddled in one of his spare shirts, Cade crouches over the injured Pokemon, taking one of the spray bottles from his bag. With a tentative spray, he empties the medicinal liquid over the body of the Venipede, and after a few moments, there is no change. Then, without warning, the Bug type is bathed in a verdant glow, the strange, misty energy floating upwards into the air. Ankel watches the scene silently, but she is soon spurred into action as the Venipede abruptly uncoils itself, having fully gotten it's fight back after being healed. Jumping from the shirt of Cade, the small Bug draws the stinger situated at the end of his body upwards, pointed at Cade, but Ankel stands in front of her trainer, spreading her body and baring her fangs with a growl. Interestingly, the sound emanating from the Snubbull is much less threatening, much more chastising. The tones seem to resonate with the Venipede either way, as he soon backs down, sheepishly looking away.

With the Venipede seemingly out of immediate danger, Cade assesses the options. He could help the Venipede reunite with his hive, possibly risking another encounter with the Pidgeotto and his posse. On the other hand, he could report back to George's owner, who might be able to help shed a little light on the whole situation.
Old 06-04-2016, 11:06 PM   #15
Stealthy

The spray worked miraculously well. Like... ridiculously well. Cade knew pokemon medicine was pretty damn good, but he'd never seen it work up close like this before. One bottle brought the damned bug from critically injured to ready to gore Cade with some stingers.

What a little shit.

Cade lurched back at the venipede's threat, which Ankel took as an opportunity to take charge and display that, apparently, she could speak bug. While she chastised the grub for being an ungrateful shit, Cade backed off so he could walk around and think.

The venipedes were all ticked off cause the pidgeys were wrecking their shit. So that answers that, but Cade didn't wanna go back to the guy with just that. The walk through the forest sucked way too much to do that unless Cade knew he wouldn't have to come straight back. He didn't fix anything. Not that Cade had any idea of how to fix this. Was there even a way to fix this? Like, pokemon fight each other, that's how shit works. Like, if he needed to keep this from a work site, then yeah that made sense, but as far as Cade could tell this was just pokemon being pokemon.

Ugh.

Working with Marc was so much simpler.

The obvious next step was to find out more. While Cade was overthinking in absence of finding something useful to do, Ankel had figured that out and went from chastising the venipede to interrogating it. George followed Ankel's lead by snooping around the area, and, eventually, Cade caught up to his starter and began inspecting the nests and whatnot with George.

Fuck me, how many more times am I gonna get led around by a fucking dog today?

Somewhere in the back of his head, Cade knew that he was gonna have to get used to this.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:10 AM   #16
Connor
Who Knows?

With Ankel already rummaging around within the bush which the Venipede had made their nest in, Cade somewhat reluctantly follows the lead of his starter type, but the Snubbull barely even registers his appearance, too busy poking around within the bush herself. While this continues in front of him, the Venipede seems initially prickly about the invasion of his former home, but he soon calms down once again after Ankel fires him a disgruntled look and a huffing bark. Finally, the pair seem to be getting somewhere. While the Pidgey colony had really screwed up the nest - the thing was in absolute tatters - there was an obvious trail behind the greenery which led deeper into the forest. Strewn feathers and still poison covered stingers littered the ground, along with trampled grass following the same sort of trail. From this, two things could be clearly deduced. One - the Venipede had fled this way. Secondly ... the Pidgey colony had presumably given chase. Something about this was beginning to seem somewhat off, but at the same time Cade still had a lone Venipede and a problem at hand to solve. Either way, it seemed that this was going to be something harder to solve than not, as much of a pain as that made it.

Of course, Ankel seems to have come to the same kind of conclusion as her trainer. With an almost authoritative bark, she nods at the Venipede, and the Bug type meekly falls in line beside her. With a pointed paw, she begins to march off along the trail, turning to make sure Cade was happy to follow with her plans ...
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:12 PM   #17
Stealthy

Cade found, more or less, nothing of consequence.

Sure, the pidgey flock had ramshackle nests and the venipede's home was a tattered mess of what had formerly been a healthy shrub of greenery, but that wasn't new. It was clear just how badly the pidgey had won, though. The venipede just flat out couldn't live there anymore. This was pidgey territory, at least until something else kicked them out, and the bugs were homeless.

At this point, something finally clicked. The venipede were pissed off not just because they were fighting with the pidgey, but because they were getting their asses kicked out of their homes. Without a nest, they'd wander around all pissed off, and people would get attacked. This was all really savage though on the pidgey's part, but Cade guessed that was just the pokemon world. Human life had gotten tougher and more brutal; makes sense that it'd be the same out in the wilds.

Of course, Cade still had no fucking clue how to actually solve the problem.

Ankel, of course, continued to be ahead of Cade on this. She came to the same conclusion back when the pidgeys were attacking. She knew that they couldn't fix things just by standing around; the solution lay with the warring parties. The venipede she had whipped into cooperation followed her as she followed the trail of carnage, and the growlithe (recognizing her as the actual alpha) fell in as well. She checked on her human, who with a sigh and a groan, moved along with her.

Time to see just how far the pidgeys were chasing the venipede off their turf.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:26 PM   #18
Connor
Who Knows?

With Ankel leading the way, the strange group continue along the trodden path, hoping to shed some light on the situation when they finally come to the end of the track. The stingers continued to pulse ominously with the toxins injected onto them, everyone but Venipede, who was presumably immune, making sure not to touch the sickly ejections. As they move forwards, the forest becomes much more dense on all sides, and now and then it seems like they could be ambushed, with Ankel freezing up and immediately glancing around the surroundings. Fortunately, ignoring a brief brush during which it seemed certain someone - or something - was following after a twig cracked relatively near, they managed to come to their 'destination' without much trouble. The stingers had all but vanished by this point of the trail, with the only semblance of activity being the forced aside shrubbery, the colony of Venipede clearly having forced their way through here. What was immediately striking was that this was presumably the previous territory of one of the two warring factions - there were abandoned nests littering the area. Cade couldn't quite make out whether they were made by Pidgey or Venipede, but Ankel makes sure to show him what had left them abandoned in such a hurry. A gentle nip gets his attention, and the resulting glare instructs her trainer not to make too much noise, before she nods in the direction of a small clearing. Following her directions, Cade discovers his reason.

A Primeape lay amid a portrait of carnage, broken branches and souring fruit littering the immediate area. George shudders as he notices the sight, and Venipede hisses with an obvious irritation, indicating that this may well have been the previous nesting ground of the Venipede. Fortunately, for now, Primeape lay asleep, and showed no real sign of stirring any time soon. The unfortunate part soon made itself apparent. Resting on one of the branches above the slumbering Fighting type was the Pidgeotto from earlier. The Pidgeotto that was leading the Pidgey. The Pidgeotto which did not look like a particularly happy chappy.

Who was staring directly at Cade, a smug look in his eyes.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:40 AM   #19
Stealthy

Cade was, more or less, blanking on any good ideas. Somewhere in the back of his head he was sizing up his ability to wrestle a primeape.

Ankel, in the meantime, was doing what needed to be done, at least as best as she could. She was a pokemon. Pokemon fought each other in the wild, and her species were hunters and guardians. She knew the basics of how she could fight birds and bigger beasts. She was no human, and was still on the younger side, but she had a cunning of her own.

It was four against one, with a primeape wildcard. She knew a profile of all the actors to some extent.

The venipede was poisonous but otherwise of little use. The growlithe was their only source of ranged attacks. Ankel couldn't touch the pidgeotto unless it neared the ground, but Ankel suspected it would flee. The primeape was strong and would attack them all. Too strong.

Then there was her pup of a trainer. Strong, but otherwise limited. Humans were supposed to have the plans and react. Ankel knew that was not the case.

The pidgeotto was clearly going to sic the ape on them and flee. The only way to avoid this was to take out the bird without waking the beast. This was not possible. The line of thought was discarded. Which left taking down the primeape. Ideally, they could engage it without enraging it, but not even her human was foolish enough for that. Primeapes were idiots.

The venipede was still useless. That left things to her and George. Ankel's natural resistance wasn't enough. The primeape would be too strong. If she couldn't take the primeape's hits, and certainly couldn't dodge them, then she'd need to outgun it. She needed that bird to get involved, but she doubted it would happen. She'd have to make do with herself, as her mother taught her.

This was the difference between Ankel and her unsullied trainer. He needed to think things through. He was a human, such was their nature. But Ankel knew things innately. This was thoughtless. It was a limitation. She almost only had instinct, and there was a ceiling to what that could accomplish. Cade would, at some point, have to pick up the slack. For now, though, he was a pup with only occasional flashes of use that Ankel needed to take care of.

Ankel knocked her trainer's arm aside as he moved to grab her. The javelin toss wouldn't work again unless the bird was distracted. She ordered the venipede to summon its siblings if it could, but otherwise its sole goal was to poison. She growled at George as a reminder that she was the alpha. Her human was not George's own trainer. She ordered George to fire at the pidgeotto, then she prepared to mimic any flying moves that the bird uses.

Cade was still dumbfounded and wondering if he could leap over the primeape and catch the pidgeotto before the ape could be woken up.
Old 06-25-2016, 03:27 PM   #20
Connor
Who Knows?

With Cade being more or less a bust, Ankel took things into her own paws. Barking orders at George, she looks at the Growlithe with an empowered look in her eye. George looked for a moment like he was going to challenge her, explain that this was an awful idea, but the small fiery pup didn't have it in him. Instead he whimpered, wanting Cade to take notice, before he followed through with the plan Ankel had cobbled together. Opening his mouth wide, his body trembling in fear at the disaster which would no doubt unfold, George spewed a small fireball through the air. The flame, nothing more than an ember, smacked into the chest of Pidgeotto, the bird squawking with surprise. He had not expected to be assaulted. If anything, the bird seemed like he was just warning them off, not looking for a firefight. George had flung the matchstick onto the gunpowder, and Pidgeotto was more than happy to fan the flames in turn. Shrieking, the bird takes to the air, beating his wings with a rapid, determined intent. A swirling wind gathers before him, and with another final shriek, enough to see the eyelids of the Primeape begin to flutter open, Pidgeotto unleashes the shit storm.

The gusting wind smashes into the Primeape, and the resulting cry of fury was enough to shake the very leaves surrounding the place. George instantly legs it, hiding behind Cade and whimpering for his life. Ankel was glaring at the Pidgeotto, too busy focusing her attention on working out the intricacies of the attack the bird had just employed. Her eyes widen as she seems to figure something out, but the danger is already upon them. Fully awake and now livid, Primeape turns towards Pidgetto, immediately deciding that prey wasn't worth it. With a purposefully slow turn, his eyes fall upon Ankel and her ragtag bunch. Things were about to go wrong in the worst of ways.

Solace comes from the most unlikely of sources. A loud hiss fills the air, and Venipede rushes to stand by Ankel's side. The stinger of the Bug type glowed with an intense purple light - too intense for the normal affair of fired projectiles. Rather, Venipede fires numerous orbs into the air, the projectiles bursting as they come near Primeape and showering sharpened spines down onto the ground. The Fighting type narrows his eyes as he continues to approach, but without warning, the spines lying in the ground emit a pale purple mist. Primeape accidentally inhales, his body convulsing as toxins took quick hold, and he shrieks. Leaping back, he realises that his reaction came too late, and he was already afflicted. His bloodcurdling screech matches the decibel of the first, his rage now fully peaked, but he seemed reluctant to advance with the Toxic Spikes standing as a barrier between himself and Ankel's gang. Hovering in the air, Pidgeotto watches on with some trepidation, wondering with a distinct air of curiosity which side would win. There seems to be some reason for his hanging around, but those reasons are not yet obvious.
Old 06-26-2016, 03:29 PM   #21
Stealthy

Ankel loved the hunt.

The first part worked as expected. The bird gave her a weapon, but unfortunately the ape let him go. But the bird hung around, waiting. Carrion feeding? Letting us fight before eliminating the victor? Regardless, concern for the bird had left Ankel's concern. The primeape needed to be dealt with first, and demanded her full attention.

The venipede's toxic screen was a welcome surprise, and gave her an opportunity. The ape was spooked, and stalled. She needed to build on this. Force it back farther and farther. The venipede would lay down more toxic spikes around the primeape, and then she'd order the growlithe to start a fire at the primeape's feet. She'd use the pidgeotto's gust to force the primeape farther back. There was a chance its rage would grow farther, but it was her only option. When hunting larger prey, you needed to keep them off balance. Her gusts, the toxic and the flames would provide attrition damage. That was the only way they could take the ape down. She had done this before, but this would be much harder without her mother's support. She would have to make do.

That is, until she was yanked into the air.

See, while Cade was certainly taken aback by the assault he knew Ankel ordered, he saw an opportunity when he was given one. Fighting types were tough as balls; as he'd learned from the few machokes he had worked with. He was 90% sure that he couldn't handle this foe, especially with the pidgeotto swooping around as a threat.

George fleeing and cowering behind Cade snapped him into the right mindset. It was one thing when conflict seemed unavoidable, but thanks to the venipede, well, it was time to get the fuck out while they could. He hoped that the toxic screen would give enough lead time as he grabbed his far too aggressive pokemon and ran as fast as he could in the direction from which they game. He called to George to follow, as the growlithe was basically his guide for most of the time here, and was ready to take any deviations that George dictated.
Old 07-03-2016, 08:22 AM   #22
Connor
Who Knows?

Deciding that the time was ripe, Cade grabbed Ankel and began to run, George only too happy to quickly rush after him. The small Venipede is somewhat taken by surprise at this, firing off his barrage of Toxic Spikes towards the Primeape once again. They manage to force the Fighting type back further, but Venipede does not stick around to see if they would keep him there, following in the steps of Cade and running for his life. As they disappear further into the woods, a flurry of beating wings can be heard within the treeline, it quickly becoming evident that the Pidgeotto had followed suit and left the Primeape to simmer. The issue was that shortly after, an explosive shriek rips through the forest.

The Primeape was fully awake now, and he was clearly not very happy at all.

This spurs the group on, and they continue to rush through the trees. The surrounding foliage seems to be getting only more dense as they break through it, but this abruptly inverts as Cade stumbles into a nearby clearing. There seemed nothing untoward about it at first, and if anything it looked like the clearing offered numerous routes of escape, paths through the foliage having been forcibly smashed. Before Cade can take off again, the Pidgeotto lands on a nearby tree and gives a loud screech ... one tinged with a plead, rather than any real aggressive intent. Cade stops to look around.

Nests were strewn on the ground everywhere, branches were broken, tree trunks had massive gouges ripped from them. All the pieces fell into place. Primeape, for whatever reason, had devastated the Pidgey colony, and their assault on the Venipede was their means of trying to ascertain new territory. Before much else can be divined, another blood curdling shriek reverberates through the air, and a frantic snapping of twigs can be heard in the distance - growing ever closer. Primeape was on the hunt.
Old 07-03-2016, 02:50 PM   #23
Stealthy

Despite Ankel's protests, Cade's plan of running was successful. At least at first. If Cade wasn't so focused on the screams of the primeape, he'd probably be pissed at how human unfriendly this forest was what with all the pokemon who wanted to beat him and the trees he had to try and not run into (or slam Ankel against).

The pidgeotto was still following. Because just the primeape wasn't enough. Cade was really regretting becoming a trainer.

Before long, Cade and George rushed into a clearing that was clearly the old pidgey nesting grounds. And it was fucking wrecked. Wrecked real bad, and clearly the primeape's doing. The primeape that was now coming to wreck Cade because Ankel decided to pick a fight. Regardless, the domino effect was clear. The venipede were pissed because the pidgeys kicked them out of their home. The pidgeys were pissed because the primeape kicked them out of their home. Then the primeape was pissed because it was a fucking primeape. What's next? Did the primeape get kicked out by a fucking salamence?

Cade's luck was clearly shitty enough for this to be a thing.

Regardless, while he could try to keep running (and probably not fast enough), the pidgeotto had arrived and got his attention. Apparently the primeape wasn't just a trap out of spite/revenge, but also something the pidgeotto wanted actual help with. Which is why it left Cade and Ankel to fight the damn thing all by themselves.

Cade kinda wanted to tell the bird to go fuck itself, but he wasn't that dumb. The primeape was catching up, and Ankel just wriggled out of his grip and prepared to fight. He stared down the bird and snapped, "You wanna get rid of that thing, then fucking help!"
Old 07-06-2016, 06:39 AM   #24
Connor
Who Knows?

The Pidgeotto seems immediately somewhat disgruntled by Cade's abrupt manner of trying to get him to help, and he gives a squawk to let the trainer know as much. Despite that though, he turns his attention to focusing intently on the sound of the approaching Primeape, the frenzied cries drawing closer with every passing second. Venipede clearly feels the same way, and the small Bug type cleverly raises his stingers into the air once more, leaving a layer of barbed spines on the ground where the Primeape was most likely to appear. The faint purple mist rises into the air once again, and the stage was set. All that was left now was to wait. The tension was thick in the air, but the ragtag group did not have to wait long.

Bursting onto the scene with a triumphant cry, Primeape's emotions are sent into a whirlwind. At first, it is evident that he was jubilant he had found his prey, but then confusion took hold. Why had they stopped running? Soon after this, fury erupted once again as the noxious purple fumes reach his nose again, his body shuddering as the toxins concealed within took hold of him. Ankel seemed defiant, giving a low growl, but it was George who saw that chaos completely came to a head. With a panicked yip, the small Growlithe spewed a small orb of pale blue flame towards the Primeape, and the Fighting type can only look on with bemusement as it draws near. The flame reaches the Primeape, and bursts into a condensed conflagration, the ruddy white fur of the primate being left singed black at the point of impact. With a snort, the Primeape levels his gaze at George ... only to be taken by surprise by a narrow column of whirling air. The twister batters him left and right, Pidgeotto looking rather triumphant with his chest puffed out. It was a start, but Primeape was still standing, and his gaze let everyone present know how he felt.

He was furious.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:33 PM   #25
Stealthy

Cade wasn't entirely sure how much of these goings on were pokemon instinct, and how much was Ankel barking orders. Either way, the primeape was even more poisoned, burned, and was being battered by wind storms. Cade really couldn't tell how much damage they were doing, but he hoped it was more than what it looked like. The venipede wasn't strong, Ankel was pretty young, and George clearly wasn't much of a fighter. The pidgeotto got thrown out of here once too. Cade didn't know much of anything about pokemon fights, but he knew that the odds were against them unless they got a lot more help coming their way. As Ankel started coordinating the next phase (or whatever was going on among the four creatures), Cade moved to grab a good-sized branch nearby. Just in case.

Ankel wasn't sure if she liked the arena, but the fight was here. She barked an order to scatter and use the trees as cover. It would stop the ape from targeting more than one of them at once. Attacking up close was too stupid for any of them. They didn't have the physical strength for it. They'd all need to keep distance, and stagger attacks. While the bird would have the easiest time with this, Ankel's only option was to fire off more twisters, and hope her small band could keep the ape off kilter long enough for some sort of reinforcements by way of the bird or bug. Or better yet, win on their own.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Kanto > Viridian Forest