UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles

Old 01-26-2015, 12:08 PM   #1
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
UPN PASBL: Gym Trainer Match - Zelphon the Route 1 Extraordinaire vs Son of Shadows

Well, well, well. First thing we do is give Zelphon the TO Villain award because people thought that we should give him something he wants, and now he's a GT because somebody saw some potential in him. I'm not sure who this person is but I think under law I have the right to report him. For what, I'm not sure. I think I can just report him for anything really.

Quote:
Zelphon (GT) vs Son_Of_Shadows
4v4
Singles
Slapstick
Equiall 2
48 Hour DQ
Switch = OK
People who do Equiall under their Trainer Level are confirmed for the worst kind of people. You know, like the kind of people who talk in the cinema.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akbar's Discount Arenas (Not condemned waste fills)
Aspertia Battle Field
Here aspiring young trainers hoping to move forward on their journey to Route 1 will find themselves in this testing ground, a replica of the Aspertia Gym’s battle field. Although this battle field appears exactly like the place it was modeled after there are some note worth differences, the first of which being that dirt here is actually a synthetic that while just as accepting of attacks such as Earthquake, Bulldoze & Earth Power does not collapse easily when dug through. In addition this the ground contains no rocks. Some other things worth noting is that the land itself a special calm seems to be a permanent factor here in the arena and as such Fighting types not accustomed to the arena will find themselves fairly uncomfortable. Because of this replica arena existing within its own dimension moves that specifically affect all pokemon on the field (Room moves & Gravity) will fail.
Alright, Zelphon, please start us off.

Quote:
Zelphon - Today at 5:29 AM
If the current political climate has taught me anything
It's that a purge via gay witches may very well be necessary
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:07 PM   #2
Zelphon
Happy October

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Woot woot, time to get my GT virginity broken by the prettiest of princesses! Also thanks for reffing Blaze.

Pierce: Fletchinder - 2 Male
Biography: Pierce does not take kindly to typespam & neither does the great phoenix god who watches over him
Signature Technique: Retribution
Whenever a supereffective move is used against Pierce the user of said move will take Light typeless damage for each amount of supereffectivenes. In other words, moves that deal 2x damage to Pierce will see the user of said move take Light, and moves that do 3x damage will take Moderate. Pierce will expend energy equivalent to how much this sig dealt in damage but the energy cost will not contribute to exhaustion.
HP: Water

Orin: Sentret - 2 Female
Biography: Although down right adorable Orin can be quite the hand full as growing up around members of the Ghastly line has taught her to be quite naughty as well as some trickery.
Special Training: Tricky Ferret
Orin has learned Hypnosis, Thunder Wave and Confuse Ray
She can no longer use Giga Impact
HP: Psychic

Thevetia: Beedrill - 2 Female
Special Training: Raging Poison
When ever Thevetia initially poisons or badly poisons a target the victim will experience a pain that will cause minor muscle spasms making overall movement slightly more difficult as well as making concentration harder much in the same way Infestation does. This effect lasts for 3 rounds including the round the poison was initiated and will fade alongside with the actual poison. This effect can only happen on a single target twice before its immune system blocks out her poison entirely.
HP: Ground

Satan: Bidoof - 2 Male
Biography: His name is surprisingly fitting all things considered.
Special Training: Hell Fire
Satan may now use Flamethrower and Incinerate with the off type energy to use the former thrice per battle.
HP: Poison

Azuulrat: Ariados - 2 Female
Spoiler: show
Biography: The Nerubian empire, a vast underground civilization of insectiod beings from a distant dimension, long has this ancient people dwelled beneath frozen earth, tunneling further and further into the depths, among these people there was once a spider-like creature known as Azuulrat who was one of those charged with digging and expanding the vast networks of tunnels the empire was well known for and for awhile she was content with this existence. Many years past since her birth and Azuulrat lived to experience the downfall of his kingdom as corruption, undeath and betrayal swept across the once great empire like a plague, distraught and not wanting to become a slave to the foul necromancy that had taken over much of her people Azuulrat attempted to flee with with some portal magics but it backfired and she soon found herself in a strange new world, the dimension of ASBL! Although she was forced into the form of an Ariados by the laws of the dimension she has still kept the characteristics and skills granted to her by her life of digging.

Signature Typechange: Nerubian Tunnler (Bug/Ground):
Because of her origins and the purpose of her birth Azuulrat is now Bug/Ground type having all the weaknesses and resistances of that typing with the exception of Immunity to Electric which she instead takes neutral from.
Having been born more so for digging than fighting Azuulrat lacks a lot of the venom her species is known for and thus cannot use any poison move outside of Toxic Spikes or Sludge Bomb, having the off type to use the latter only twice. Her birth has granted her some different skills however and she has learned Mud Shot, , Earth Power, and the DC version of Earthquake. Like an Excadrill Azuulrat can have her dug tunnels be made not to collapse.

Yelnat: Bunnelby - 2 Male
Biography: Yelnat is mean and dirty
Signature Attack: Sticky Mud
Using Good Ground type energy Yelnat swiftly tosses an extremly fast moving orb of mud that upon contact with a target, acts just like Mean Look

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:21 PM   #3
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

I don't get to use my sigs for this match and I am unhappy about this, but FUCK IT.

Cheers Blaze, ily. Zelphon, let's do this right.

1. Staryu, "Gem" (N), level 2
Biography: TBC
Signature: TBC
Hidden Power: Ground

2. Bouffalant, "Desperado" (M), level 2
Biography: This rough, tough, western buffalo is most known for his constant chewing of pebbles. SoS is yet to tell him that the cowboys of old chewed tobacco, rather than stones, but this is arguably better for his teeth anyway. Zing. From the plains of a land known as Yupien, Desperado, rather than living as part of a horde, travelled around alone, attempting to solve the problems of the plains. But no man is an island, and it's no different for Bouffalant. Desperado proved to be somewhat inept on his own, leading to his being captured while alone by SoS. As part of his "crack squad", he has come to serve as one of the heavy hitters and a powerful force to be reckoned with, known for particularly with his ability to aim precisely at a target and spit one of his chewed pebbles for spectacular effect.
Signature: Special Training - The Enemy is Your Spittoon Now
Desperado can now use Smack Down and has the required offtype energy to do so up to three times per match by spitting a pebble at his opponent.
Hidden Power: Fairy

3. Durant, "Jess", (F), level 3 (uplevel)
Hidden Power: Water

4. Hawlucha, "Jude" (M), level 2
Hidden Power: Ghost

5. Hitmonchan, "Irishman", (M), level 2
Biography: Irishman is known for three things. Chronic alcoholism, remarkable jigging ability, and hating the English, especially Connor. He was encountered when SoS took a trip to his local watering hole, only for the Hitmonchan to have come down from the mountains after stealing the booze of some campers and wanting more. When the bartender refused to serve the Pokémon, he went berserk, starting a bar brawl, which SoS brought to a close by cracking a pool cue on his head. This somehow earned him the boxer's respect, and they split a Guinness in celebration. As it happens, the black stuff has a profound effect on Pokémon biology however, and Irishman learned the power of ranged fighting.
Signature: Special Training - Shadow Boxing
Irishman now has the ability to launch some of his energy-based punching moves as projectiles; specifically Fire, Thunder, Ice, Drain and Dynamic Punch. However, these ranged attacks are not affected by the boosted strength of Irishman's punching attacks as defined in his species characteristic and cost an extra minor in energy to be used in this fashion, though at close range, they function as normal. However, as a consequence, he has forgotten how to use Focus Blast and kicking moves completely.
Hidden Power: Ghost

6. Wartortle, "The O.G.", (M), level 2
Hidden Power: TBC

We're leading with Desperado!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Son_of_Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:28 PM   #4
Zelphon
Happy October

Azuulrat it seems we have a young hopeful, let's see if he has what it takes!

Dig a none-collapsing tunnel under your foe and give it a Earth Power

Old 01-26-2015, 05:46 PM   #5
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

Scary Face as you approach to prevent him Digging away and ride a Magic!Surf over to him to land on him and pin him.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 01-27-2015, 02:30 PM   #6
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Round 1: The burrowing spider faces the Afrobull

As the embodiment of wrong enters the arena, his challenger arrives as well, a look of fierce determination written on both of their faces as they get ready to fight this momentous battle. The challenger, our very notable Prettiest Princess, takes out his Pokeball, throwing it into the arena. The Pokeball bounces off of the ground, releasing a buffalo with a large afro on his head, this Pokemon being a Bouffalant. Zelphon smirks before throwing out his own Pokeball, revealing an Ariados of appreciable digging ability. Quite interesting I think.

Azuulrat starts off as he begins to dig into the earth, but he suddenly stops in his tracks as he notices his opponent. Desperado is giving him a pretty nasty looking glare, trying to scare the hell out of his opponent, and considering one is a spider and the other is a buffalo, this works pretty well. Azuulrat freezes in his tracks, petrified of his opponent, and well this isn't a very interesting move to ref. Let's just say that if looks could kill, Desperado's face would horribly maim you and leave you on the side to the road to die. This gives Desperado an opening to really do some damage, and he taps into his rather interesting movepool in order to gain a good advantage. Channeling water energy in between his horns, a wave of water shoots out in front of him, Desperado riding the wave as it crashes over Azuulrat, drenching him in water, but the real threat is that Desperado was able to position himself over his opponent, and he lands on his opponent, pinning him to the ground with his pretty massive weight. This bother Azuulrat quite a bit, and he struggles to get out from under his opponent so he has some room to attack. He begins to concentrate energy inside of him before pumping it into the ground, causing a blast of energy to erupt right in front of him, which is not good for Desperado...but its also not good for him either, as he takes a good bit of splash damage from the attack. Desperado is pushed off of him for a moment, allowing Azuulrat to escape the pin, although they are very close at the end of the round.

Condition:
Desperado has a small lead on his opponent, but both are still pretty fresh on that point. Energy wise, both used little energy.

Quote:

Last edited by Emi; 01-27-2015 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:00 AM   #7
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

Mmkay, I'm back. Who missed me?

Skull Bash him into the ground and Stomp him into a pin. If he disappears underground, then set up a Swords Dance instead of Stomping.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 01-29-2015, 11:09 AM   #8
Zelphon
Happy October

Double Team bitches!!!! Oh give it a Twin-Needle once it finishes stomping.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:41 PM   #9
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Round 2: Revenge of the Afrobull

With the Afrobull having taken some damage earlier, with the unfortunate effect of being repelled from the bug in front of him, he immediately lowers his head, backing up a bit so that he can get some running room in. Azuulrat sees the attack but isn't properly able to react to it because of the short distance, and a while cap of energy covers Desperado as he charges forwards and slams into Azuulrat, causing the bug to hiss in pain as its flung backwards, the move not being the most adept at pinning an opponent in place due to the fact that its a strike with the head. Now having a little bit of breathing room after that really powerful attack, Azuulrat begins to put up some defensive barriers, this one being a series of clones that can take attacks for him and he moves very fast to do this. You know this move doesn't make a whole lot of sense in retrospect, then again, neither does half the bloody game, so let's just work with this. He creates another three clones for a total of four clones, including one real one. Should give him a good chance of avoiding the next attack. Should.

Seeing the multitude of Ariados in front of him, Desperado proceeds to not give two shits about the whole thing and stomp over everything. OR at least the clone in front of him, because he can't be arsed for complicated doublethink. He lifts his leg into the air and slams it down, and it seems that he's slammed right through thin air, crashing right through a clone. Now...umm...*goes to read the description for Twineedle because who the fuck uses this move ever*...alright, so its basically you jabbing into his side with your hard horn as you attempt something similar to a sex tackle or something. This move is REALLY boring when it doesn't poison.

Condition:
More damage on both ends, Desperado keeping his lead. Both are going to want breaks but aren't too tired.

Quote:
Old 02-04-2015, 08:50 PM   #10
Zelphon
Happy October

Give it a Mud Shot to the eyes and remain on the move.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:13 PM   #11
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

Bulldoze him out of that nonsense and get rid of his stupid clones.

Double Team is stupid.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 02-13-2015, 09:10 PM   #12
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Round 3: Screw Double Team

With both Pokemon feeling a bit exhausted after those last few rounds, it seems that both want to take a break and me as the ref kinda wants to go to sleep but I know I shouldn't. Getting motivation to ref is hard kiddies, especially for me. But I shouldn't keep this match up any longer than it needs to be because I'm an awful human being. Tapping into the power of her signature, because all signatures must be of the purest imported crack, and he creates a ball of mud in his mouth, but his opponent sees this and tries to stop this, although his reaction is a bit slowed down to matter. He stomps his feet on the ground, creating many shock waves of energy that move through the arena, rolling under the Ariados and causing some damage to it, although it doesn't interrupt his attack, which has already fired and strikes Desperado in the face, not hitting the eyes however due to the eyes being a bit of a hard target to hit.

Condition:
Some damage, some energy, Both are good for two.

Quote:
Old 02-15-2015, 12:32 PM   #13
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

Rush him down with Skull Bash, aiming to knock him onto his back if possible. Stomp him afterwards. If he tries to dig away, send a Pursuit down his tunnel.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future

Last edited by Son_of_Shadows; 02-16-2015 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:13 AM   #14
Zelphon
Happy October

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
Double Team bitches!!!! Oh give it a Twin-Needle once it finishes stomping.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:22 AM   #15
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

Fuck you.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 02-20-2015, 10:34 AM   #16
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Round 4: Deja vu

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
With the Afrobull having taken some damage earlier, with the unfortunate effect of being repelled from the bug in front of him, he immediately lowers his head, backing up a bit so that he can get some running room in. Azuulrat sees the attack but isn't properly able to react to it because of the short distance, and a while cap of energy covers Desperado as he charges forwards and slams into Azuulrat, causing the bug to hiss in pain as its flung backwards, the move not being the most adept at pinning an opponent in place due to the fact that its a strike with the head. Now having a little bit of breathing room after that really powerful attack, Azuulrat begins to put up some defensive barriers, this one being a series of clones that can take attacks for him and he moves very fast to do this. You know this move doesn't make a whole lot of sense in retrospect, then again, neither does half the bloody game, so let's just work with this. He creates another three clones for a total of four clones, including one real one. Should give him a good chance of avoiding the next attack. Should.

Seeing the multitude of Ariados in front of him, Desperado proceeds to not give two shits about the whole thing and stomp over everything. OR at least the clone in front of him, because he can't be arsed for complicated doublethink. He lifts his leg into the air and slams it down, and it seems that he's slammed right through thin air, crashing right through a clone. Now...umm...*goes to read the description for Twineedle because who the fuck uses this move ever*...alright, so its basically you jabbing into his side with your hard horn as you attempt something similar to a sex tackle or something. This move is REALLY boring when it doesn't poison.

Condition:
More damage on both ends, Desperado keeping his lead. Both are going to want breaks but aren't too tired.
A+ rank over here everyone. Will note however neither need breaks.

Quote:

Last edited by Emi; 02-20-2015 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:14 AM   #17
Zelphon
Happy October

Twin-Needles is failing us my friend.

Lets go with Toxic Spikes now instead and then try to Sucker Punch it out of an attack.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:30 AM   #18
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

oh my god you actually did it

Did you even reroll the rns for poison chance and shit? Because if not I'm going to request a re-ref.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 02-20-2015, 12:04 PM   #19
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Yes I did. Otherwise I would have noted the reffing had changed.

Quote:
Old 02-20-2015, 01:15 PM   #20
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

... I should've given you more credit than that, I apologise.

Aerial Ace, followed by a Swords Dance.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 03-01-2015, 10:32 AM   #21
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Round 5: Veja Du

With both Pokemon feeling like they just relived the past thirty seconds of battle a second time, they decide that its probably best not to do that again, because it might happen again and no one really wants that. Azuulrat has finally had enough with Twineedle and its seemingly completely unreliable nature, creates an orb of poison energy in front of itself, before firing it into the air, the poison energy scattering through the arena, permeating it with poison energy. Desperado doesn't look too concerned about it, before suddenly poison energy races into him, dealing a toxic load of poison to Desperado, meaning he'll now have to deal with constant poison damage on top of everything else. But at least its not Toxic poisoning. That would be quite a bit worse. Desperado grunts a bit before charging forwards, Flying energy coating his horns as he quickly charges ahead, closing the gap between him and his opponent. Azuulrat prepares himself, before suddenly crack happens and Desperado attacks at a completely different angle, striking Azuulrat hard and causing the Ariados to cry out in pain, putting a little distance between itself and his opponent.

Azuulrat waits for his opponent to make the next move, something Desperado is more than willing to do. He begins to spin around in place, but the distance between them isn't too much, and that means that Azuulrat has the advantage. He coats his horns in dark energy, causing Desperado to stop in his tracks, waiting for his opponent to attack. Azuulrat charges with his horns, before the energy drains out of them and into his legs, striking Desperado with his legs instead of his horns, although he had the disadvantage of striking the afro instead of anything else, so the damage was reduced a bit, and the Swords Dance was mostly interrupted. Then, the poison runs through Desperado's veins, causing him to flash purple before he takes some damage.

Condition:
Damage was done on both sides, but Desperado still has a lead, with them being about equally above and below the halfpoint. Azuulrat used a lot of energy and is would like a break, while Desperado is still raring to go, with Flying energy at half.

Quote:
Old 03-06-2015, 02:15 PM   #22
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

Launch an Uproar at him before a Facade.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 03-06-2015, 02:39 PM   #23
Zelphon
Happy October

Bounce over the Uproar and land yourself a top his afro then dig your feet into the hair and secure yourself to it with a String Shot

Old 03-22-2015, 04:17 PM   #24
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

With Zelphy's self-imposed hiatus, calling a DQ on this one.

Desperado, come back.

Switching to The O.G.

Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump.

Three.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 03-22-2015, 04:26 PM   #25
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Round DQ: LEDALEDALEDALEE

Reading to wreak havoc, SoS recalls his AFROBULL and in return sends out WAR MACHINE TURTLE. O. G IS READY TO MURDER, AND ACTIVATES HYPER OVERDRIVE WATER CANNON. SPWEING OUT HYDRO PUMPS AND ICE BEAMS, O.G DOES MASSIVE DAMAGE ON THE ARIADOS. WAIT, IT'S WEAK TO THESE MOVES!? IT SEEMS TO BE ENOUGH FOR A KO.

SoS wins by DQ and has knocked out Zelphon's Ariados!

SoS gets 1 KO and 2 TP
Zelphy gets a TP should he return
Tossing Emi 1.5 Sp for doing the majority of this and myself a SP because GREED.

Have a ncie day.

Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles