UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 02-08-2015, 10:42 AM   #51
Snorby
Snackin'

R10

Champ recalls her fallen comrade, allowing it a well-deserved rest. In his place, that happy-go-lucky Togekiss named Bliss. Happy to be back on the field, she does a couple figure-8's in the air and chirps, before getting down to business. She looses a Dazzling Gleam at her opponent, who screams in pain, but fortunately for Natsu, his eyes appear to be unharmed. He starts to descend, all the while letting out a Supersonic screech at his opponent. The waves leave Bliss completely and utterly confused, and her orders to use Dazzling Gleam again simply go in one ear and out the other. Natsu uses the opportunity to slam into her for an incredibly small hit and U-Turn out in Gajeel. It seems this match has come full circle.

Natsu is now into his final third, and resting in his Poke Ball

Bliss took almost no damage, but is approaching the midpoint. She didnt use two much energy and is definitely fine for two, but she suffering from severe confusion.

Gajeel is the same as when he BP'd out. He's just out of his first third of health and refreshed from his stay in the ball.

Once the round is over, the Stadium begins to Shift again, this time revealing the Rock Arena. For real this time, though!

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:54 AM   #52
SilentReaper
Thunder Badge

Sludge bomb followed by flash cannon.
SilentReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 01:18 PM   #53
Chalis
Activating Rampage

EDIT: Pardon me for asking yet another question, but how does Gajeel have a lead over Bliss? (Sorry!) When out of confusion, use a Heat Wave to rise over Flash Cannon, moving left at the same time evasively. Shadow Ball twice. 3.

Last edited by Chalis; 02-08-2015 at 01:39 PM.
Chalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 01:44 PM   #54
Snorby
Snackin'

R11

Gajeel starts the round off by forming several balls of Sludge and hurling the bombs toward Bliss, which explode onto her. She screams in pain, and looks rather sickly. It appears the poison has entered her system. This has cleared her confusion, though, and she begins to rise, sending out a Heat Wave Gajeel's way, hitting for some nice damage. Gajeel returns the favor with a Flash Cannon, which strikes Bliss full-force despite attempts to dodge, making her cringe. She then looses a Shadow Ball at her opponent, the ghostly orb slamming into the psychic type and making him, too cringe. Another Shadow Ball puts Gajeel in an incredibly rough spot, but he gets some satisfaction as he sees Bliss shudder and groan as the poison takes its toll.

Gajeel is now into critical health. He's fine on energy though, and good for two and much fresher looking than his opponent.

Bliss is now deep into her final third, not too much ahead of Gajeel. She can scrape together a two, but is nowhere near as fresh as Gajeel.

Old 02-08-2015, 01:52 PM   #55
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Sorry to ask again, but how did three Shadow Balls, two Heat Waves, and Fly not KO Gajeel? Considering Drapion and Togekiss have evo boosts. Sorry if I sound rude. D:
Old 02-08-2015, 01:57 PM   #56
Snorby
Snackin'

Drapion and Metang are both mons that evolved once. Drapion does not get an evo boost over Metang, at least the way I do evo bonuses. Fly also did next to nothing under the circumstances. It's also worth noting that two Heat Waves is a little more than the 2 ice beam standard for offtype, so the second one was a bit weaker.

Don't worry, it's a completely fair question here c:

Old 02-08-2015, 02:00 PM   #57
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Alright, but were there any partials? Other than Fly, the attacks seem to be a bit more than enough to KO.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:09 PM   #58
Snorby
Snackin'

Fly, as you said, was a partial, and the second Heat Wave was weaker, as I had mentioned. Gwyllgi's Shadow Ball was also a partial (most of the damage still occurred though), though I suppose that wasn't completely clear in the reffing. Even with the evo bonus for Bliss, this leaves Gajeel in critical (rather deep in critical, but in critical no less) by my calculations.

Do bear in mind that ASB isn't entirely about math, so our calculations likely won't be exactly the same. c:

Old 02-08-2015, 02:25 PM   #59
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Extremespeed twice as you remain evasive.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:29 PM   #60
SilentReaper
Thunder Badge

Denied
Reflect, Flash cannon
Old 02-08-2015, 03:55 PM   #61
Snorby
Snackin'

R12

Bliss darts in for an ExtremeSpeed, which hits just as Gajeel throws up a Reflect thanks to his energy advantage, weakening the blow. This weakened blow leaves Gajeel teetering on the brink of conciousness while Bliss darts in for another Extreme Speed but gets a face full of Reflect. Gajeel snaps himself out of it and fires off a Flash Cannon, and Bliss falls to the ground, unable to continue. Gajeel is probably happy about his victory, but it's hard to tell, what with him looking like he can barely keep floating and all.

Bliss is unable to battle! Machamp-X, your third pokemon, please!

A light kiss on the cheek from Gajeel's mommy would KO him at this point. He's okay for two I guess?

Old 02-08-2015, 04:23 PM   #62
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Orders in a bit, need to think. By the way, how did Reflect weaken the blow, rather than flat out stopping it, or not blocking it?
Old 02-08-2015, 04:52 PM   #63
Snorby
Snackin'

They way I'm looking at it, the factors of exhaustion, initiative, and attack speed combined have them occuring at almost the exact same time, with Reflect happening perhaps a fraction of a second faster, allowing Bliss to get in a chunk of the hit before it got cut off, but no more. If it really bothers you, I could omit the partial, I suppose.

Old 02-08-2015, 05:29 PM   #64
Chalis
Activating Rampage

No prob, just sounded a bit weird.

Male Electivire, close up. Shock Wave twice, replacing either with Brick Break if a Light Screen happens.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:32 PM   #65
SilentReaper
Thunder Badge

Light screen, protect :]
Old 02-08-2015, 07:36 PM   #66
Snorby
Snackin'

R13

Blados, an uplevel Electivire, appears in place of the fallen Bliss. He grins confidently at his wobbly-looking opponent, and looses a quick Shock Wave. Gajeel doesn't even have time to react before he gets hit by the electric blast, and that small hit puts him down with ease.

Gajeel is unable to battle! SilentReaper, your next Pokemon and orders, please!

Blados took no damage and is just a touch under perfect in terms of energy.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:02 PM   #67
SilentReaper
Thunder Badge

Natsu(released as high as possible) Mudshot, Hidden power ground while flying around him. If it gets up to you somehow replace either with DC earthquake to knock it back down. keep on the move at all times

Last edited by SilentReaper; 02-09-2015 at 04:45 AM.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:54 AM   #68
Chalis
Activating Rampage

How deep is Natsu into final third?

Charge forward as you fire Magic! Rock Tomb ASAP to pull him to earth. Earthquake to collapse the tomb as you move towards it, then crush an Ice Punch into Natsu as you leap on him. 3. Replace Earthquake with Rock Slide to the wings, if he somehow isn't trapped.

Last edited by Chalis; 02-13-2015 at 08:07 AM.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:24 PM   #69
Snorby
Snackin'

R14

Refs really shouldnt be going into that much detail. The three thirds, the midpoint, and critical are about as in-depth as I go when stating health. So to reiterate, he's in the final third but not in critical.
__________________________________________________ _____
Silent begins the round by unleashing his uplevel once again for another fierce fight, at his flight ceiling, no less. Natsu wastes no time spewing a Mud Shot down towards his foe, which hits for some nice damage. Blados then attempts to trap his foe in a Rock Tomb, firing the rocks upward, but thanks to Flygon being some 20 feet in the air, they fall to the ground, useless. Natsu smirks and looses a Hidden Power, which crashes into Blados for another strong hit. Blados then looses some more rocks, this time sliding them towards Natsu's wings. The attack doesn't do much damage, but the blow to the wings, makes Natsu lose a fair bit of altitude. Blados makes a leap, Ice coating one of his fists, and, just barely within reach of Natsu, Punches him in the leg, making the Flygon scream in pain, as well as freezing over his leg a tad.

Blados took a lot of damage, but is still in his first third. Meanwhile, Natsu took a partial hit, and fell deeper into his final third. Blados' Rock energy is basically shot, and Ice can fuel one more Ice Punch.

Neither party has any 3 movers left.

Old 02-13-2015, 01:52 PM   #70
Chalis
Activating Rampage

So this is Magic!Rock Tomb, which is a bunch of energy projectiles, so why didn't it encapsulate Natsu? Sorry if I sound rude.

(I also asked in Q/A just in case. Sorry!)
Old 02-13-2015, 01:59 PM   #71
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi

You'd do better than only use half of my answer you know.

Fuck these crabs
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 02:26 PM   #72
Snorby
Snackin'

On top of the part where you ignored roughly 50% of the answer you got in the Q/A, I asked the Skype Chat about this prior to reffing, knowing you would likely complain and this is what happened:

[11:17:24 AM] MMS: so basically Electivire shouldnt be able to shoot a magic rock tomb some 20 feet in the air to ground a Flygon, correct?
[11:17:45 AM] MMS: just want to make absolutely sure before reffing because I want to have a foot to stand on when possible complaints come
[11:17:47 AM] Dave (Konsept): yeah that'd be a no
[11:17:49 AM] Celebelebi: ^

even if, I think I was honestly rather generous on Rock Slide's ability to lower Natsu's altitude- in hindsight it falling into the range that E-Vire could jump and punch it might have been a tad much- so honestly very little would be changed.

If you like, I could consult an LO, I suppose.

EDIT:

[1:24:43 PM] Connor Swanston: Magc!Rock Tomb trapping and grounding a Pokemon is /technically/ a thing, but if the Pokemon is reasonably fresh and fairly high, they probably won't be getting caught

Considering Natsu has been in the ball prior to this round and is nearly at his flight ceiling, I do believe this means the reffing stands, as this is an LO backing my reffing on top of the others from the skype group. Basically the only way you can go higher than we now have is by going to Dave or Jeri.

(Also, for future reference, I would greatly appreciate it if you didn't skip the part where you ask me for clarification. Going straight to the Q/A is frankly something that can be seen as an insult to your ref)

Last edited by Snorby; 02-13-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:50 PM   #73
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Wow I didn't see that Blaze had answered before posting. Sorry! D:

Orders soon.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:56 PM   #74
Chalis
Activating Rampage

MC Hyper Beam. Psychic. Replace either with Ice Punch if he is close.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:05 PM   #75
SilentReaper
Thunder Badge

Hidden power Ground while descending to the ground away from Electivire, and end by Bulldozing it out of a move.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL