UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 02-05-2015, 06:02 AM   #26
SilentReaper
Thunder Badge

Start to ascend into the fog away from drapion, where it can't see you. Once you are away, give it a Mudshot to the eyes to further ruin their vision, followed by a second Mudshot in the same fashion. Remember to keep ascending at all times. If you get pinned/crunched somehow, mudshot it in the face anyways to get it off you.

Last edited by SilentReaper; 02-05-2015 at 06:19 AM.
SilentReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:51 AM   #27
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

R6

Sorry if this wasn't clear, but I meant that full height was hypothetically achievable by mid round as gravity would be 100% gone, not that Natsu would idle!fly up to his maximum flight ceiling by then.

Gwyllgi, still a tad confused, is slow to move, processing his orders. Natsu takes the opportunity to flit up and back. Once Gwyllgi has finally gotten the memo, he slams the ground, creating a huge Rock-like mound that he then Climbs up, hoping to tackle his opponent. Just as he's about to lunge, he realizes that his opponent is not in front of him, or at least, he can't see him. In fact, he has no damn clue where anything is thanks to the thick fog and his mild confusion. As the Ground returns to its normal state, Natsu uses his excellent vision to his advantage and launches a Mud Shot down at his grounded foe. Gwllygi squeals in pain, finally snapped from his confusion completely, only to find that some of the mud is in his eyes. As if his visions wasn't already terrible. Luckily for Gwyllgi, he has a general idea of where Natsu is for now, thanks to having seen where the mud shot came from. He fires a Shadow Ball in that general direction, which hits Natsu's tail for a partial, as Gwyllgi seems to have aimed a bit low. Natsu smirks, then fires another Mud Shot into his opponent's eyes, further blinding the Drapion as the round closes.

Gwyllgi is in pretty rough shape. He lost his health lead, but remains in his first third, although not by much. He used a good amount of energy, and wouldnt mind a breather going into the next round. Not entirely needed yet, though. He has an idea of where Natsu is for now, but the mud in his eyes and thick fog is going to make it hard for him to see any movement.

Natsu took only a partial hit and has gotten a nifty health lead. Used a fair chunk of energy, but remains good for two. Uninhibited by the fog thanks to SC.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:05 AM   #28
SilentReaper
Thunder Badge

The lack of ranged ground moves on Flygon Christ sake.

Keep ascending and flying around Drapion in a circle to keep it guessing, and release another Mud shot while on the move, at his eyes if you can. Give it a Hidden Power Ground cause what the hell else can you do up here? Remember to keep circling him at all times.

Last edited by SilentReaper; 02-05-2015 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:08 PM   #29
Chalis
Activating Rampage

I used default Rock Climb.

If Gwylligi took so long to enact Rock Climb that Natsu was able to fly out of sight, the round would likely end before Mud shot 2 happened. It seems you're overestimating the fog.

Pursuit onto Flygon's back, grabbing on as you combo into Ice Fang, keeping your grip with both jaws and hands. Another Ice Fang as you keep that grip. 3.
Chalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 01:24 PM   #30
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

Fog is said to make most pokemon unable to see a metre in front of them. It wouldn't take long for Flygon to fly three feet. On the contrary, it seems you underestimate the fog.

Given there really wasn't much to climb on, default rock climb couldn't exactly happen here.

I'll start work on the reffing, unless you have any further issues.

Old 02-05-2015, 01:43 PM   #31
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Trees are said to be here. Oh, and no problem, although you didn't answer the second question... D:
Old 02-05-2015, 01:51 PM   #32
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

The trees are said to be wilted, which I imagine means they couldn't support a 135 pound scorpion. I don't know about you, but I can't see how a Drapion could use Rock Climb on these kind of trees:

Spoiler: show

I'm not exactly clear on what your second question was. If you could clear that up, I'll be happy to answer it.

Old 02-05-2015, 01:53 PM   #33
SilentReaper
Thunder Badge

If Gwylligi took so long to enact Rock Climb that Natsu was able to fly out of sight, the round would likely end before Mud shot 2 happened. It seems you're overestimating the fog.

^^^^^
She was referring to this.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:58 PM   #34
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Fair enough. Oh, and what Silent said.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:00 PM   #35
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

As I said, it wouldn't take Natsu very long to fly three feet or so away from Gwyllgi. Certainly not so long that it wouldnt allow two uses of a fairly fast move like mud shot, I'd imagine.

Reffing will be up soonish, with any luck! c:

Old 02-07-2015, 10:44 AM   #36
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

R7

Natsu starts off the round by charging up some Mud in his mouth, smirking confidently, thinking he's untouchable. As this is happening, Gwyllgi, despite not seeing the look on Natsu's face- or any of Natsu, for that matter- decides to prove him wrong. He cloaks himself in Dark-energy and shoots up toward Natsu despite having no way to see him because Pursuit is strong as fuck. Natsu then spews the mud from his mouth, the Shot making Gwyllgi cringe and messing up his concentration somewhat. However, he still has time to hit Natsu in the lower abdomen and grab on near his legs, although his grip is shaky. Natsu loses some altitude thanks to the new burden, and utilizing some of his Hidden Power. The orbs of energy bombard Gwyllgi as he chomps down for an Ice Fang, making Natsu scream in pain. He doesn't stay on long, however, as the onslaught of orbs, combined with his exhaustion and that silly thing called gravity, soon make him lose his grip. He falls back down to the bog, splashing into the marsh. Absolutely coated in mud, it is clear he will be very slow to move and completely blind going into the next round.

Natsu took a nasty hit and is now out of his first third. Maintains a health lead, and the fog still cloaks him. He used a fair bit of energy and wouldn't mind a break.

Gwyllgi is in abhorrent shape. He took two more strong hits, and is now approaching the midpoint, though he still has a fair bit of wiggle room there. He's completely covered in mud, and getting up will take some time. Movements will be slowed, and good luck getting him to see anything until he gets cleaned up a bit. He wanted a break last round, and to make matters worse that want has turned into a need. Ice can fuel another Ice Fang or so.

Old 02-07-2015, 12:00 PM   #37
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Keep up a Protect to soak up one attack. Afterwards, focus on cleaning out your eyes.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:30 PM   #38
SilentReaper
Thunder Badge

Mud shot to use that exhaustion against it while ascending.

Last edited by SilentReaper; 02-07-2015 at 12:41 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:06 PM   #39
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

R8

Natsu blasts Gwyllgi with another Mud Shot, which Gwyllgi attempts to protect himself from, but thanks to the huge amount of exhaustion he's dealing with the attack hits him before he can, splashing his eyes with more mud. Slowly, Gwyllgi rises out of the mud, and rubs most of the mud out of his eyes. He looks around, his vision slightly blurred, but he can see as far as the fog will allow him. The round closes with Natsu flitting back up, a bit higher than where she was before pursuit.

Gwyllgi is now past the midpoint, but used no energy and is completely fresh. Will still be slowed a bit thanks to mud being on his everything sans the eyes, though.

Natsu took no damage and used little energy, is refreshed as well.

Old 02-07-2015, 01:17 PM   #40
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Protect is pretty fast, and I had initiative. Other than the tiredness (which shouldn't have been that much) did anything slow Gwyllgi down?
Old 02-07-2015, 01:22 PM   #41
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

Gwyllgi was actually very tired, considering he had been looking for a break during the round prior. The fact that Gwyllgi was also stuck in the bog also made doing anything very slow. Lastly, he was still completely blinded at that point, so he didnt exactly see the Mud Shot coming.

Old 02-07-2015, 01:40 PM   #42
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Like I said, Gwyllgi had initiative and Protect is fast. Gwyllgi shouldn't be so tired, considering Gwyllgi didn't explicitly need a break the other round, plus he had a low-energy round, a nice amount less than a HB. Also the fact Natsu could do with a break himself. The bog shouldn't slow non-physical moves that much. Lastly, I ordered Gwyllgi to 'keep up a Protect', that is, to hold one up until an attack strikes, so the third point shouldn't really matter.
Old 02-07-2015, 02:30 PM   #43
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

When breaking everything down, you've used Major, Beyond Extreme, and Major in the past three rounds, which makes Gwyllgi notably more tired than Natsu. Also, I feel as though you put way too much stock in initiative- it's not like having it means that you automatically attack first, there are plenty of other factors, exhaustion being just about the biggest, and it's also the one that's least in your favor. Whether or not Protect even can be used in such a way (safeguard is more apt to be used as a long term shield) is also up for debate, and even if it is possible, it would cost much more energy than normal. After having discussed this with a plethora of people on the Skype TO for the better part of an hour, I believe I can confidently say that my reffing is just and will remain in place.

Old 02-07-2015, 02:52 PM   #44
Chalis
Activating Rampage

What I mean about energy is that the standard round is about just over a HB. Using major while a break is wanted, but not needed, should not send Gwyllgi to exhausted.
Old 02-07-2015, 03:06 PM   #45
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

I really think you ought refer to this post, as you appear to have no real concept of ref's discretion. My patience for constant nitpicks and questions is running thin, and considering I've talked with a solid 5-10 people, and they agree that my reffing is sound, I feel as though there shouldn't be too much more to say on this topic.

Old 02-07-2015, 04:41 PM   #46
SilentReaper
Thunder Badge

Hidden Power Ground x 2. If it tries to pursuit you again, add in a DC Earthquake to break its concentration and send it back down to earth. Potential 3.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:05 PM   #47
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Arcing Pursuit while he concentrates on a move, landing on his back. Hold on. Ice Fang as you latch your teeth to him and keep the grip. Outrage. Replace Ice Fang with another Pursuit to latch on to Flygon, if no longer on Flygon. 3.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:45 PM   #48
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

R9

Natsu starts the round off with a Hidden Power, which bombards his foe for a good bit of damage. Gwyllgi decides to try and use this time he is distracted by Hidden Power to use another Pursuit, but the mud he's coated in slows him down a fair bit, and by the time he gets into the air Natsu has had plenty of time to prepare himself. He throws himself into the flying, muddy, creature approaching him with the force of an Earthquake, taking the full blow from pursuit all the while. The hit knocks Gwyllgi back down though, who falls back into the mud once again. While he tries to escape the mud, Natsu has more than enough time to fire off another Hidden Power at Gwyllgi, who just can't take it anymore so basically how I'm feeling about reffing this match and he collapses into the bog, unable to continue.

Gwyllgi is unable to battle! Next pokemon from Machamp-X!

Natsu took a small amount of damage from pursuit, and used a fuckton of energy. Still good for two though, thanks to the break. Approaching the midpoint on total energy though.

SilentReaper has used both 3 movers; Machamp-X retains both 3 movers.

Last edited by Snorby; 02-07-2015 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:22 AM   #49
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Bliss. Dazzling Gleam twice, chasing after Flygon and staying evasive.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:41 AM   #50
SilentReaper
Thunder Badge

Supersonic while descending, U-turn back to Gajeel(released above the bog) before the second gleam for some fun.

Last edited by SilentReaper; 02-08-2015 at 06:54 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL