Singles
Equiall 2
48HR DQ
Slapstick
Switch = KO
Arena:
Spoiler: show
Pyrite Cave (Custom Cave Arena):

This dimly lit cave serves as the headquarters for the ever legendary and HA-MAZING Miror B. A metal podium, made much larger than it appeared in Colloseum, dominates the room, making it suitable to hold battles. The ceiling won't prohibit Steelix, but they might scrape their heads every so often. In the background, Miror B. and his Ludicolo posse dance to the original Miror B's Retro Groove, which never stops playing. The group of Ludicolo, after a few rounds of a matchup, will pick a favorite, and add in a Water Gun to boost the water moves of said favorite, though this only boosts the move by a light amount. The lighting, while dim, is enough for most to be able to see the majority of the cave. The main battlefield cannot be dug through, as it is metal, but off of it is rock, and an able digger might find success there. Small wells lie in the corners of the cave, providing a source of water to Pokemon who need it (though they'll need a few turns to refill from something like Surf). Sometimes, a Plusle may enter and use Helping Hand to boost both battlers for that round before leaving.
Rules: Dim Lighting, Other Pokemon (Ludicolo, Plusle), HA-MAZING Music, Spectator (Miror B. You touch him you get dead.)
Both of the trainers in this battle have been here for quite some time, hen da man being a returning trainer from quite a while ago. The arena is one that I have not seen before, but it is bound to be interesting. I trust that both of you know the order, so, a squad from Myles Fowl II, please.
Mew The Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 03:23 PM   #2
Heather
Gay Dragon Rider

SQUAD TIMES OF AWESOME

Flena, Level 2 Female Corphish
"Just wait until,I get my pincers on ya!"
Flena doesn't like a battle unless it's fun, and she gets easily frustrated if a matchup is stacked miles against her, while she enjoys watching a pinned opponent worm their way out for more. Her fun-loving nature gets her into squabbles with Blackquill a lot, but she doesn't mind him.
Hidden Power Ground

Mike, Level 2 Hitmomchan Male
"You think your finger speed can outdo the strength of my fists!?"
Mike is an avid fighter and loves showing off his strength in the ring. His punches pack a lot of...well, punch, and leave anyone caught off guard in a bit of a daze. Boxing is a favorite pastime of his.

Domovoi, level 2 Male Makuhita
"I live to serve my Trainer. My mark tells the story of my training."
It is a tradition in the Fowl family to assign each child a bodyguard. When Myles caught this fellow, it's fighting skill was stupendous and it eventually made it into the training school where most of the Fowl bodyguards had theirs done. Many doubted Domovoi's potential, being just a little Makuhita. Even the master was hesitant to accept the little one. But it's fighting spirit and will were unbreakable, withstanding test and trial, melting snow by stomping it into water, withstanding scorching heat, as well as learning and mastering every martial art the world had to offer. When it came time for the little fighting type to take the final exam, it trained mercilessly for days, going from melting buckets of water to barrels, honing it's fighting skills in heat that would leave a person knocked out. It's efforts paid off, as it passed on the first try, earning its blue diamond tattoo, which it proudly bears on it's left arm.
Signature Training: Martial Master
Being a master of the many martial arts of the world, Makuhita has learned many of the fighting techniques previously unknown to its species, learning Circle Throw, Storm Throw, Submission, Double Kick, Flying Press, Jump Kick, High Jump Kick, Rolling Kick, Sky Uppercut, Triple Kick, and Superpower. However, the only status moves it is capable of using are Protect, Focus Energy, and Bulk Up. Return and Frustration are both at minimum power, as Domovoi is merely Myles' guard. When Domovoi is KO'd, if the Pokémon that has beaten it did not use any deceit category moves while Domovoi was on the field, he salutes his opponent for besting him, giving that Pokémon a minor stat boost for a round or two in speed or physical attack-whichever's base is higher for that particular Pokémon.
Hidden Power Bug

Po, Level 2 Pancham Male
"I'm the Dragon Warrior!"
This little panda fighter grew up in a noodle shop under the care of a Swanna who found him without parents one night. He eventually climbed a high mountain to a dojo where many types of pokemon trained daily. At first he was a misfits, and the laughingstock of everyone. Soon, his training began to pay off, and when the time came, he read the Dragon Scroll, and became the hero of the land.

Tidan, level 2 Male Prinplup
"Boy, you did NOT just call me cute!"
If you couldn't tell, Tidan hates being called cute. He thinks it an insult to his strength, and despises the use of the word and his name in the same sentence unless there's a "not" between them. He spars with Moegami often, them being rivals. He wins a lot, but he respects Moegami because Moegami looks up to him, and remembers to not say he's cute. Ever.
Hidden Power Flying

Lagmonster, level 2 Genderless Porygon
"RUN BEATDOWN.EXE"
Lagmonster lives up to his name, as any electronics he messes with become incredibly slow. Myles had been sent out on a task force to catch Lagmonster when the Poketch Cpmpany was having computer problems from this little fellow. It loves to mess with things and has a prankster nature. Of course, this means it gets in plenty of losing battles with Blackquill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Mint Earhart
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 04:32 PM   #3
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via MSN to hen da man
Gillette: Level 2 Male Scyther
Hidden Power: Ground

Scyther: (Bug/Flying) Scyther are very fast and agile in the air and can use slashing attacks with daunting speed, granting them a 1.1x boost to such attacks. However, their defences are slightly weaker than those of other Bug-types.

No Signature move

Moves

Eeliza: Level 2 Female Eelektrik
Hidden Power: Ice

Eelektrik: (Electric) Eelektrik levitate by default. Moving by electro magnetic propulsion, they are not as fast as other levitating Pokémon, but are much more agile. They are also fairly good swimmers and are able to stay underwater as long as any Water-type.

No Signature move

Moves

Murky: Level 2 Male Murkrow

Murkrow: (Dark/Flying)
Murkrow are symbols of woe amongst Pokémon and people, particularly when seen at night, so they may make opponents feel uneasy. Murkrow are quiet fliers and can easily evade detection.

Bio: Murky and I got off to a bad start when I was walking through the town and he stole my bag! I chased him down town and when I caught him I found out he was very lonely. I felt sorry for him and we bonded and became really good friends. He then decided to join me in battles later on.

No Signature Move

Moves

Edward: Level 2 Male Ralts
Hidden Power: Steel

Ralts: (Psychic/Fairy) Ralts's empathic abilities make them very in touch with their opponent. Attacks that deal with the opponents mental state are more effective. Teleporting also requires slightly less energy.

No Signature Move

Moves

Scar: Level 3 Male Druddigon (Up-level)
Hidden Power: Ice

Druddigon: (Dragon) Druddigon are very cold-blooded. In the sun and warmer temperatures, they will fight with great enthusiasm, but in cold temperatures or if chilled, they will quickly grow sluggish. Their skin is very tough and scaly and their body is covered in spikes; both of these factors will cause 25% recoil to physical attacks against it.

No Signature Move

Moves

Rikochet: Level 2 Male Hawlucha

Hawlucha: (Flying/Fighting) Though not extremely fast or proficient fliers, Hawlucha are extremely adept at aerial movement. Although they can maintain some level of flight, they prefer jumping and gliding, and can move extremely fast when launching from the ground. When executing physical moves, they can also more easily maneuver to evade counter-attacks or position themselves in an optimal place.

No Signature Move

Moves

Rikochet to take the stage.

Daisy is just the best for making the battlecut!

I am now a C+ ref!!

PASBL 2.0 Test Squad

FB
Fizzy Bubbles
- Houndour - Lv. 12
- Heracross - Lv. 12
- Murkrow - Lv. 5

A great quote from Tdos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
I think i catch my typos but i keep typoing my typos so then i just dont even bother trying toc rrecty them because i will jeust keep typoing forever

edit: also any kids reading this dont drink it fucks u pyour brannreal bad
hen da man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #4
Heather
Gay Dragon Rider

"Tidan, start with a BubbleBeam and an Ice Beam."

Quote:
Old 12-01-2014, 06:44 PM   #5
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

Agility dodge the Ice Beam, then U-Turn out to Eeliza.

I am now a C+ ref!!

PASBL 2.0 Test Squad

FB
Fizzy Bubbles
- Houndour - Lv. 12
- Heracross - Lv. 12
- Murkrow - Lv. 5

A great quote from Tdos
Quote:
I think i catch my typos but i keep typoing my typos so then i just dont even bother trying toc rrecty them because i will jeust keep typoing forever

Old 12-02-2014, 08:31 AM   #6
Mew The Gato
Smile

Gallade Round 1: Fun With Frost

The two trainers walk into a cave, that, unlike what the dim lighting would suggest, is not quiet or peaceful in the least. Miror B. and his Ludicolo dance and play music, preparing the trainers for a rather unusual battle. The acceptor for the match, hen da man, is the first to send out a Pokemon. He throws a Pokeball into the air, the resulting flash of red lighting up the arena for a few moments, as a Hawlucha by the name of Rikochet nimbly lands on the metal platform, his arms folded. In response, Myles Fowl II, the challenger for this match, sends out a Pokemon of his own on to the platform, a Prinplup by the name of Tidan.

Quote:
Prinplup (Water): Prinplup are very proud Pokémon and will not be discouraged easily. If their attack fails, they will become more energetic and have a 10% chance of getting a slight boost to both attack and special attack. They have a fine layer of down that allows them to swim in cold water comfortably and endure freezing temperatures. They are also familiar with the Flying type. As starter Pokémon, their Water-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/4 health.
[Water]: Water-type Pokémon are generally able to hold their breath and/or breathe underwater. The time varies, from several rounds in the case of birds, mammals and reptiles to indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are generally good swimmers and are better at manipulating Water for moves like Surf and Whirlpool than other Pokémon. They have slightly more Ice-typed energy than other Pokémon if they naturally learn attacks of that type.
"Cease these sounds..."

Tidan stands tall and proud on the field of battle, feeling that the music in the background is the song to his epic, the beat to his indomitable march. His chin high, he lets out a battle cry, gaining the attention of all in the arena. The Hawlucha, being about as tall as his opponent, however, is not intimidated in the least, spreading his arms, and preparing for take-off at any moment. the Prinplup tilts his head upwards, drawing water from inside his body, and beginning to make a gargling sound inside his throat. The motions in his neck pressurizes the water in a way to concentrate it into countless Bubbles, the Water Type reaching out with his beak, and shooting the projectiles in the shape of a Beam. The Fighting Type does not even stagger backwards from the hit, the attack, fairly powerful as it is, lacking in sheer force. However, it nonetheless plays a vital role; Rikochet being left covered by foam. The sticky substance makes movement more difficult, the Flying Type expressing clear annoyance at having his nimbleness reduced. He, however, does not show any apparent signs of aggression, still waiting for the attack that he has been instructed to look out for. If he has been ordered to give priority to evading that attack, it has to be far more dangerous than this one. Sure enough, Tidan aims to deal even more damage, opening his beak once again, but this time drawing upon the powers of the cold. Concentrating a large amount of Ice Type energy into a growing, crackling sphere, he evokes a clear reaction from the Hawlucha, who prepares for the attack.

Rikochet knows that this is very possibly the attack that he is supposed to look out for. He puts one foot in front of the other, lowing his body and bending his knees. He spreads his wings, impatiently waiting for the attack to come his way. Seeing that his opponent is on his guard, Tidan is happy to oblige by unleashing the attack, feeling proud for striking such alertness into his opponent so soon after the beginning of the battle. In his mind, it is a clear indication of the aura of power that he radiates. Several erratic, thin Beams shoot out of the orb, weaving through the air and accelerating in Rikochet's direction. The Hawlucha's eyes widen, and he attempts to take advantage of his Agility in order to evade the attack. However, the remnants of the bubbles covering him slow him down, causing him to get nailed for a partial hit on one of his feet, frost already beginning to form there. The sudden chill that runs up his spine stun Rikochet for a moment, but he quickly regains his composure. Flapping once in order to remain in the air, he surrounds himself with a green cloak of Bug Type energy, gliding towards his opponent at a surprising pace. The attack connects, but the Prinplup is barely fazed, even without his unwillingness to show weakness. To his surprise, however, Rikochet simply takes a U-Turn towards his trainer, one of hen da man's Pokeballs emitting a red beam of light, and absorbing the Hawlucha. Suddenly, another flash of light pierces the darkness, only to reveal the levitating figure of Eeliza the Eelektrik.

Quote:
Eelektrik (Electric): Eelektrik levitate by default. Moving by electro magnetic propulsion, they are not as fast as other levitating Pokémon, but are much more agile. They are also fairly good swimmers and are able to stay underwater as long as any Water-type.
[Electric]: Electric-types, in general, prefer areas where their electric attacks are most accurate. Thus, while hot temperatures don't bother them, the fact that heat refracts electricity doesn't appeal to them. They are resistant to paralysis inflicted by Electric-type moves, though they may be paralysed as normal by other methods. Electric types do not suffer from recoil damage when using Electric attacks in the water.
"Alas, Tidan has not had a meeting with pain, neither physical, nor emotional... how fortunate. His connection with the powers of frost still power a Blizzard... Rikochet, however, is closer to feeling my agony, but not quite yet... an X-Scissor is what his Bug Type energy can still give strength to..."
Old 12-02-2014, 02:50 PM   #7
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

Alright Eeliza, start us off with a Thunderbolt into a Spark.

I am now a C+ ref!!

PASBL 2.0 Test Squad

FB
Fizzy Bubbles
- Houndour - Lv. 12
- Heracross - Lv. 12
- Murkrow - Lv. 5

A great quote from Tdos
Quote:

Old 12-02-2014, 02:56 PM   #8
Heather
Gay Dragon Rider

"Protect from Thunderbolt, overwhelm it with Surf, but dont ride it."

Quote:
Old 12-03-2014, 08:46 AM   #9
Mew The Gato
Smile

Scraggy Round 2: Will The Ludicolo Ever Get Tired Of Dancing?

The Eelektrik floats in the air, her serpentine form appearing to flow through the air like water, as she swings slightly from side to side. The Prinplup does not have the ability to levitate, but he does not allow this to discourage him. His eyes narrow, and his head still tilted up, he lets out a cry in order to encourage his opponent to battle with all her might. The Electric Type is happy to oblige, the yellow spots on her body glowing a bright yellow, as sparks start to fly around them, the resulting light improving visibility, before a Thunderous blast of Bolts is unleashed in Tidan's direction. While the Penguin Pokemon is confident that he does not require it, he is not blinded by his self-assurance of victory. With the thought that it would only serve to prove his fortitude if he managed to block his attack without visible effort, the Water Type begins to glow a bright green, the aura quickly spreading around him, shimmering dazzlingly bright. The glow grows fainter, but the shimmering, spherical barrier around Tidan remains just as sturdy, even as the electricity strikes it. Fearlessly watching the attack through the translucent nature of the shield, the Prinplup manages to Protect himself from the attack, much to Eeliza's astonishment and disappointment. The Eelektrik lets out a hiss, although the music in the background drowns out the sound somewhat, Tidan not seeming to heed the Electric Type's early warning to give up already. He is not a Pokemon that is going to bow down before an opponent, no matter how mighty or fearsome. While his elemental prowess is over the cool and calm waters, his will burns more fiercely than a Charizard's Fire Blast.

"Pointless... all pointless... this battle is pointless... life is pointless..."

Eeliza coils up, thinking about a plan in order to penetrate her opponent's defensive maneuvers. The EleFish Pokemon quickly realizes that her opponent will not be able to react as well is she herself is in close proximity, and in an attempt to put her plan into action, decides to approach rather violently. Her slender body explodes in a burst of Sparks, her body surrounded by an intense concentration of electricity, which leaves her already dark-coloured body a mere black silhouette. She accelerates through the air, but her pace is not swift enough to faze the Prinplup. Deciding to show his opponent why he is called a Water Type, he begins to manipulate the water from the nearest well, causing it to rise in the form of a wave much larger than what would be expected inside a cave. Choosing not to Surf over it, Tidan allows it to advance over his body, his flippers raised in a display of his power. The roaring wave crashes over the Eelektrik, the resulting current being powerful enough to slow the Eelektrik down, and push her back. Despite this, however, she barely manages to keep going, closing in on Tidan, and smashing into him. The resulting shock is clearly not as effective as it would have been if the attack were at full speed, and although he feels pain, the proud Pokemon does not allow himself to show any signs of weakness. Eeliza appears to be rather annoyed by the developments of this round, but courtesy of her being so close to her opponent at this point, the tide may follow her command instead.

"They still do not understand pain... there is much more they can still withstand... they still give life more credit than deserved, and appear to be seeking more battle... with enthusiasm, I might add..."
Old 12-14-2014, 05:59 AM   #10
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

Myles? If TA I'm sorry, too lazy to check and haven't been overly active to notice anyway.

I am now a C+ ref!!

PASBL 2.0 Test Squad

FB
Fizzy Bubbles
- Houndour - Lv. 12
- Heracross - Lv. 12
- Murkrow - Lv. 5

A great quote from Tdos
Quote:

Old 12-14-2014, 04:56 PM   #11
Heather
Gay Dragon Rider

>I thought it was Hen's turn to go first
SORRYSORRYSORRY

"Somebody shut that Gengar up, morale in here is too dang low. Anyway, Bubblebeam/Ice Beam combo!"

Quote:
Old 12-22-2014, 10:56 PM   #12
Heather
Gay Dragon Rider

ome bump for Hen because this match must be finished

Quote:
Old 01-04-2015, 06:37 PM   #13
Heather
Gay Dragon Rider

It looks like Hen has basically vanished off the face of the planet, so I'm going to cancel this. But this arena WILL RETURN.

Quote:
Old 01-05-2015, 01:00 AM   #14
Mew The Gato
Smile

Cancelled, I get 1 Service Point.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL