UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 11-18-2014, 12:44 AM   #1
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
Omanyte UPN PASBL: Apollo77 vs. Miror - Super Realistic Smash Bros. Brawl

Everybody is kungfu fighting! And here is your Realistic-familiar ref, ready for business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo77 View Post
Apollo77 (c) vs. Miror (a)
4 v 4
Singles
Equilevel 3
Realistic
Switch = KO
72 HR DQ
Arena: Dojo

Want someone who can properly ref realistic for this one.

We're now watching a match between two Trainers in the edge of glory. In the Challenger box, we have Apollo77, who wants to be a Fighting GL without being curbstomped by Psychics, Flyers, and Fairies. On the Acceptor side, we have Miror whose name might be missing an extra "r". Clearly, you two are interested in duking it out, but will somebody do the smart Deebs thing and bring a Medicham? We shall see! Battle stations, allons-y!

So we're all clear on the rules:
- This match is a Singles match. Both trainers may use only one Pokemon at a time.
- Both trainers submit a squad of 6 Pokemon and only 4 will be used in this match. A trainer loses when 4 of their Pokemon are KO'd.
- For the purposes of this match, all Pokemon will be considered to be Level 3, with the exception of Uplevels.
- Switching out is considered a KO unless the Pokemon is recalled by a switching move such as U-Turn or Baton Pass.

The match will progress as follows:
- Apollo posts his squad.
- Miror posts his squad and send out his first Pokemon.
- Apollo sends out his first Pokemon and orders an attack.
- Miror orders an attack
- Schadenfreude refs the battle, and then the battle order reverses.
- Miror orders an attack.
- Apollo orders an attack.
And so on...

The arena chosen for this match is the Dojo Arena:

Dojo (Indoor. Advanced Arena for Indoor Battles): An advanced level arena, not recommended for novice referees or trainers. A small wooden building, with about half the space of a normal arena. Subject to the effects of outside weather, and in particular nasty situations could be ripped apart by that weather.
Special Rules: Confined, Exposed to outside, Ridiculously Easily Destroyed.
Optional Special Rules: Onlookers, Weather (Any). May not have an Announcer, Artificial Lighting (Any), Battle Platforms, Fire Sprinklers, Grandstand, or a Stadium.

I will be reffing the standard 6/9 and x2/x3 for SE, also using New Standard for Type Energy. Time to get the ball rolling.

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 01-18-2015 at 07:16 PM.
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 03:32 PM   #2
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Send a message via Skype™ to Apollo77
Let's do this! Good luck Miror, let's nope neither of us kill each other too bad here. Thanks for reffing, Schaden.

Realistic abuser squad is a go

Banzai: Level 4 Male Pangoro
Bio: Banzai is just wild, man. He just comes in, all hyped up and stuff, itchin' for a fight. Apollo didn't chose him, he chose Apollo, man. He was chewin' that leaf in his mouth and just waitin' for a real challenge. And then he saw Apollo, and he was like "hey, this guy looks like he knows what he's doin', I'll try 'em on for size". A long, slender branch in hand, Banzai jumped out at Apollo and challenged him then 'n there. Apollo sent out Ippo to take 'em down, but no, Banzai wouldn't have it. He used that branch all skillful-like and wouldn't let Ippo get in for a single punch. Apollo was amazed at his prowess with his staff and added 'em to his team on the spot. Sadly, Banzai couldn't take his staff with 'em. But Apollo was persistent, and he trained with Banzai night 'n day. After long hours o'trainin', Banzai found a way to fight like he had never lost his branch.

Signature Move: Special Attack: Banzai Bo Staff! (Fighting)
Using solid Fighting energy, Banzai creates an energy construct in the shape of a 10 foot long bamboo staff. He attacks his foe with the staff using several fast, light strikes, dealing good damage in total. Because of the length of the staff, this technique can keep opponents just out of melee range, and can interrupt punches/kicks/etc by keeping the foe out of range. Banzai can also use the nature of this attack to chain into another melee attack often before the opponent can react, shifting the staff into his offhand so he can use his dominant hand to deliver the punch/so that it's out of the way to perform a kick. Upon completion of the melee attack chained, the staff disappears.
Hidden Power Type: Ice

Joker: Level 3 Male Haunter
Bio: Joker, as his name suggests, is a total prankster. He doesn't take much seriously and never passes up the opportunity for a laugh. He was my first Pokemon, and the bond I've developed with him is far stronger than those with the rest of my squad because of this. When I took something seriously, he could always cheer me up when I was down. He became the class clown of sorts to my entire squad, and they all began to look up to him. I knew that if there was a skill I needed to develop with Joker, it was the creative flair and resourcefulness that he put into pranking others. After a bit of work, I helped my best buddy develop one of the most hilarious signature moves out there.

Signature Move: Special Technique- Booby Traps
Joker gathers all of his favorite prankster gear together and loads them into several (from 3-5) pressure sensitive traps. When he is sent out, these traps are dispersed randomly around the arena. Like entry hazards like Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes, they can only be set off by the opponent's Pokemon and only the opponent's Pokemon can feel their effects. The traps are activated when the Pokemon moves within a few feet of the trap. When an opponent sets off the trap, one of five things can happen, each with an equal chance.
1. A pie is thrown in the Pokemon's face, slowing them down akin to Mud Shot
2. An air horn goes off, startling the Pokemon and making them flinch akin to Screech
3. A Whoopie cushion is deflated, irritating the Pokemon akin to Taunt
4. A joy buzzer touches the Pokemon, shocking it and paralyzing it akin to Thunder Wave
5. A boxing glove springs out and strikes the Pokemon for good damage
This costs Joker heavy energy when Joker is sent out to perform. Joker is a prankster, not a villain, so he did not learn the moves Nightmare, Grudge, Curse, Hex, Mean Look, Spite, Perish Song, and Foul Play.
Hidden Power Type: Bug

Nagamasa: Level 3 Male Escavalier
Bio: Nagamasa holds honor and justice above all else, and will take great risks to secure another's well being. I first met Nagamasa in a forest, during an invasion by a hostile pack of Houndoom. Despite the insurmountable odds, Nagamasa fought to protect his fellow Karrablast among other forest-dwellers. Moved by his selflessness and courage, I knew I had to catch him. However, he still holds great contempt for those without morality who don't play by the rules. Instead of having him constantly clash with Joker and Blair, I decided to train him to channel his feelings in a different way.

Signature Move: Special Attack- For Righteousness! (XXX)
Nagamasa charges up the energy of his righteous feeling into his fist (when he evolves, into his lance) and spears his opponent with it. This attack does solid typeless damage for considerable energy, but does twice as much damage if the opponent is a Dark or Ghost type. (This does not stack for Sableye/Spiritomb, they take x2 as well). However, it only does 1/2 the damage if the opponent is a Fighting or Fairy type. (This doesn't stack for a Fighting/Fairy dual-type, if such a thing were to exist.) Due to his despising of underhanded things, Nagamasa has no Dark energy. This attack can only be used twice per battle.
Hidden Power Type: Water

Shouko: Level 3 Female Nidorina
Bio: Shouko is a bit of an oddity, who tends to get very attached to someone she cares about. Others who don't understand her are often wary. Yuuji, however, tended to treat her like he treated everyone else, and for that reason Shouko swore she would be with him forever and eventually marry him, even though Yuuji wants nothing to do with that notion. Shouko couldn't bear to let him go, and thus is even more jealous than Mizuki is. So jealous is she that she won't even stand for Yuuji looking at other good-looking girls. To solve this issue, Shouko simply takes two fingers and jabs them into Yuuji's eyes so they don't wander when the opportunity arises. This was of course really harmful to Yuuji so I made her stop, but I allowed her to practice it for a more battle-oriented technique.

Signature Move: Special Attack- Don't Let His Eyes Wander (Dark)
Using significant energy, Shouko jabs the opponent in the eyes with her claws, dealing decent damage and impairing the foe's vision. The opponent will not be able to see for the entire next round, and will not be able to use moves involving eye contact (Mean Look, Hypnosis, etc) for three rounds (though their accuracy remains unharmed). This attack will not work on Pokémon without eyes, and can disable no more than two eyes. (Pokémon like Doduo with more than 2 eyes will only suffer vision impairment in 2 eyes.) This attack can only be used once per battle. Shouko can no longer use Flatter, Captivate, Growl, Charm, or Attract, as others do not find her to be attractive out of their fear of her.
Hidden Power Type: Grass

Kim Catdashian: Level 3 Female Persian
Bio: Kim Catdashian is a very classy cat. She's rich, good-looking, and has everybody swooning over her. She can basically get her paws on just about anything she wants. Everyone knows her name, but everyone seems to have the same question: How did she get so famous? She's not an actress, nor a musician, nor...well, any other fame-worthy occupation. There only seems to be one viable explanation: she's famous for being famous. This just seems to boggle their minds even more. What does that even mean? But that's okay, Kim Catdashian doesn't care if they know. Hell, they can stand there scratching their heads all day while she cuts them to ribbons with her perfectly manicured nals.

Signature Move: Special Training: Famous for Being Famous
All of Kim Catdashian's claw-based moves have a 10% chance of inducing confusion. They also will not knock the opponent out of confusion if it was inflicted by the previous attack that round. However, they cost slightly more energy to use.
Hidden Power Type: Psychic

Djamena: Level 3 Solrock
Bio: According to the tribe from which it hailed, Djamena was rumored to have fallen from the sky. The sun-worshipping desert tribe that discovered it assumed it was a sign from their god, and thus began to worship Djamena. The nomadic people began to take Djamena with them wherever they went, and one day they arrived at the capital city of sun worship in the area, in order to get some supplies. A priest by the name of Ozymandias saw Djamena and was instantly intrigued and fascinated. He called the townspeople and nomad tribe together to perform a ritual, blessing Djamena with a strange power. Djamena now shone with the light of the sun, and Ozymandias sent the nomads on their way, amazed at their newly shining idol. During my travels I encountered this tribe, and having spoken to a tribe elder learned that most of the tribe went blind from worshipping Djamena for too long. He introduced me to Djamena, and I was awestruck at how remarkably bright it was. I requested to take Djamena with me, and the elder obliged, thinking it better for his tribe to not be blinded anymore. With extreme care I took Djamena into my squad, training it to be a formidable competitor. Its brightly shining surface has proved to be a valuable asset.

Signature Move: Special Training- Ozymandias' Blessing
Djamena now shines incredibly bright, and opponents cannot stare at it for more than 5 seconds without being blinded for half a round. Djamena can no longer use Flash, as it would cause some sort of light supernova thing that would be really, really bad.
Hidden Power Type: Fighting
Apollo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 04:18 PM   #3
Miror
Marsh Badge

Good luck to you as well, and thanks Schaden for picking this up! (This is when I wish that I had more of my signatures approved lol)

Thal - Level 4 Male Blaziken

Voord - Level 3 Male Kricketune
Signature Move: Special Attack - Whoop Shockwave
Voord now has access to the move Boomburst. Using extreme energy, Voord can also choose to lace the Boomburst with either Fire, Ice, or Electric energy, having just enough energy to use one of the three per match. In favor of this more powerful sound attack, Voord lost the ability to use Uproar, Hyper Voice, Snore, Sleep Talk, Growl, and Echoed Voice.

Zarbi - Level 3 Female Xatu
Signature Move: Special Attack - Huitzilopochtli's Vigor (PS)
Spreading her wings wide and cawing towards the Sun, Zarbi channels divine Psychic energy to construct two Maquahitls held suspended in the air. A Maquahitl is similar to a sword, being a close contact weapon around 4' long and 4" wide, its edges having sharp obsidian embedded inside. Zarbi swings these with astonishing speed at her opponent using her mind, and can hit an opponent at most 10 feet away, each cutting for a Decent Psychic-Type hit. The Maquahitls dissipate upon impact, and have a 10% chance each of making the opponent flinch from the impact. In Realistic, these can leave at the worst severe cuts, physical damage being up the the referee's discretion. This attack uses Heavy Psychic-type energy.

Dulcian - Level 3 Male Onix
Signature Move: Special Resistance - The Beachcomber's Nightmare
Dulcian has become a pure Ground-type, gaining the weaknesses and resistances associated with such a typing. He retains Rock-type familiarity, having enough Rock-type energy to fuel three Stone Edges. His body is less dense than previously (about 20% lighter), due to being made out of sand as opposed to solid rock. No longer being made of Rock at all has affected Dulcian's movepool as well, as he loses access to the move Rock Polish.

Cresspallion - Level 3 Female Swalot
Signature Move: Special Resistance - Gift of the Quagmire
Cresspallion is coated in a corrosive substance, similar to the acid that is used in the move Acid Spray. Any move that makes physical contact with Cresspallion has 20% recoil in acid damage, as well as any move where Cresspallion makes physical contact with her opponent does 1.2x (for the purpose of calculation, it does Poison-type damage). In realistic, this can cause burns, once again similar to Acid Spray, which increase in severity the longer the contact is made.

Hoix - Level 3 Male Zweilous

Alright Thal, let's get this party started
Old 11-18-2014, 07:48 PM   #4
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Djamena, up in the air. Concentrate for a Psywave to addle his brain, then send him back with Psychic Wave.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:52 PM   #5
Miror
Marsh Badge

Flamethrower the ceiling of the dojo above his head, then Baton Pass to Dulcian.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:27 AM   #6
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

ROUND 1: Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting

ROUND 1: Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting
Solrock vs Blaziken

Welcome to the Dojo Arena. As the former Pokémon Gym for Kanto's glittery metropolis, the Saffron City Dojo remains resolute. Tall, wooden walls support by ancient pillars, while slanted tiles of blue brick cobble in Meiji designs to create a traditional roof. Indeed, the Dojo stands among glitzy and glamorous skyscrapers, refusing to conform to its modern surroundings. The insides of the Saffron City Dojo remain as plain and parochial as its exterior: simple wooden panels cover the floor, and thin sunlight filters through slits in rice-paper windows to illuminate the wide expanses used for sparring. Although various kendo equipment and Gym trophies usually adorn the walls, the Dojo maintainers have cleared the interior to create an open but sparse arena for battling. Two Trainers slid open the bamboo doors to enter the Dojo, assuming their spots at the opposite ends of the room. They exchange wary glances of each other, the tension thick between them inside this silent Dojo.

The Referee, a young man donning a nondescript yukata, speaks aloud:

"We now begin a Pokémon showdown match between Apollo77 and Miror," he says, tapping numbers into his Pokédex. "Here is the data on their chosen Pokémon."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokédex
Solrock (Rock/Psychic): Solrock levitate by default and are considered to be inorganic. They are capable of generating vast amounts of heat by spinning, enough to vaporise moderate and weaker water attacks or dissipate fog, energy use equal to Fire Spin and the technique usable twice per battle. They are also familiar with the Fire type. They fight more enthusiastically in the day time and radiate a constant faint glow that is likened to sunlight. Pokémon in close proximity to them can use moves which require sunlight, regardless of location, as can Solrock themselves.
[Rock]: Rock-type Pokémon generally have hard bodies, which makes them resistant to physical hits and projectiles. They are difficult to burn or poison and prefer hot environments to cold ones. Most are so heavy that they will sink in water, so they stay away from deep-water sources if possible. They are adept at controlling rocks and will use less energy than other Pokémon when using Rock Tomb, Stealth Rock etc. to manipulate the arena. They have slightly more Ground energy than other Pokémon if they naturally learn attacks of that type.
[Psychic]: Psychic-type Pokémon are much more proficient with telekinesis than other Pokémon. Thus, they can use Psychic to move and manipulate targets with ease. Psychic type Pokémon are resistant to flinching and have higher levels of focus and concentration than other Pokémon. They have limited ability to read minds and are thus more adept at dodging attacks than might be expected and able to mitigate the effects of accuracy reducing attacks. This telepathy does not work on Dark typed Pokémon.

Blaziken (Fire/Fighting): Blaziken are exceptional jumpers and can leap up to three times their head height. Kicking attacks will do slightly more damage then normal. Blaziken have flames on their wrists and can control whether their flames are ignited at any one time. However, they cannot use any fire attacks if their fire is not ignited. Igniting does not count as a move, and happens automatically when the Pokémon is ordered a fire attack. However, de-igniting counts as a move and they will automatically de-ignite if they fall asleep. Their flames can be used to burn foes if there is prolonged contact and can provide illumination. They are also familiar with the Flying type. As starter Pokémon, their Fire-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/4 health.
[Fire]: Fire-types fight most enthusiastically in hot and dry conditions. They are extremely difficult to burn and most can survive in hot liquids/molten lava for an extended period of time (indefinitely in the case of the Magmar and Slugma lines). If a Fire Pokémon has an exposed flame somewhere on its body, it will take a small amount of extra damage if liquid water hits the flame. Otherwise, Fire-type Pokémon are not adversely affected by taking dips in bodies of water, so long as the time is short (except in the case of the Magmar and Slugma lines, who will take damage the longer they are in the water.
[Fighting]: Fighting-type Pokémon train extensively, more than any other Pokémon type, which gives them greater endurance and readiness than other Pokémon and allows them to push themselves harder for longer. They are more accurate with their physical blows and are more adept at blocking and countering the physical strikes of attackers. They fight more enthusiastically in urban environments but are not adversely affected by more natural surroundings.
The Referee says loudly, "And let's begin in three... two... one. Release!"

Two PokéBalls fly into the air, releasing two jets of red light. While one light morphs into the tall, crimson form of a Blaziken named Thai, the other swirl of energy transforms into the massive and mysterious Solrock named Djamena. The two battlers keep their chary distance from each other, before Djamena seizes the initiative. Rising upwards, Djamena dredges the depths of its psionic powers. When four rings of violet energy emanates Djamena, the Solrock aims the Psywave at Blaziken. Thai stammers and tries to flee for safety, but the telekinetic blast shimmers like a mirage, crashing into him. Rumbling, the blow knocks Thai over, and the Blaziken lets out a garbled noise of abject agony. He doesn't give up, though. Indeed, the steely zeal in his eyes never dissipates, even in the throes of pain. After the Psychic attack fades, Thai pulls himself together and snaps his eyes up at the ceiling.

Thai gazes at the wooden supports, flaking with aged bark. A solid blow may weaken those foundations. Slowly, Blaziken starts to smirk. When he billows a plume of sweltering Flames upwards, cinders and soot waft around the Dojo. Scorching heat licks the wooden beams, which char and clatter with pressure under the fiery attack. Smoke billows, scattering hot ash. The entire roof groans like a wounded beast, as it heaves and starts struggling under its limp foundations. Djamena pays no attention to the architectural damage, though. Indeed, the Solrock's attention remains fixated on Thai, pinning the Blaziken. Channelling some psionic essence, Djamena gathers and then discharges a deluge of Psychic energy. An invisible tsunami immediately surges, slamming into Thai and flinging him several feet.

Crying out, Blaziken crashes into a wall, which lets out a disconcerting thud. Meanwhile, the roof above shudders again, shedding planks of burning wood. The entire building might start to collapse in a few minutes. Unwilling to watch the Dojo burst into a blaze, Thai makes strategies to escape and crafts a Baton made of bright energy. When he taps the shimmering baton, Thai's body dissolves into a jet of red light which swivels around and returns to his Pokéball. In his place opens another Pokéball, releasing a gigantic snake made of rocks and earth. The creature fills up the entire Dojo and does not leave much space. Under his great presence, the foundations strain further, weeping more soot.

The referee clears his throat, addressing the two Trainers.

"Here is the data on Miror's new Pokémon," he says, as he points to his datapad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokédex
Onix (Rock/Ground): Onix are large Pokémon and are able to burrow through hard materials such as concrete with their Dig attack easily. They can see in the dark. They have slightly higher physical defence compared to other Rock-types.
[Ground]: Ground-type Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 0.75x the usual damage from Electric-type attacks. If a Ground-type is wet, electric attacks affect it normally (unless the Pokémon is naturally wet/slimy, like Quagsire). Ground types do not suffer from recoil damage when using Electric attacks in the water. Ground-type Pokémon are more adept at manipulating outdoor and 'natural' environments than other Pokémon and will spend less energy using Dig, Earthquake etc. They typically have slightly more Rock energy than other Pokémon if they naturally learn attacks of that type.

Both Pokémon have expended great amounts of energy, although Blaziken will start regaining some within his ball. Solrock has basically taken no damage, while Blaziken plunges through the first third of health. Onix is fresh. The arena is currently on fire, and the situation will slowly but progressively become worse.

-Miror to order.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:19 PM   #7
Miror
Marsh Badge

DC Earthquake to bat that rock through the wall of the dojo, followed by a Heavy Slam
Old 11-20-2014, 03:42 PM   #8
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

As if I would ever make it that easy.

So he wants to turn up the heat, eh? Reflect to prevent soak up those physical attacks, then Fire Blast to leave him with a nasty burn.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:31 AM   #9
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

ROUND 2: Reflection

ROUND 2: Reflection
Solrock vs Onix

Dulcian swats his tail against the floor, rumbling as he unleashes his attack. Possessing the initiative, Dulcian thrusts out his tail to establish Direct Contact with Djamena. Although the Solrock hastily tries to erect something to protect itself, Dulcian is enormous and fills the entire room, leaving almost no space and time for Solrock to manoeuvre or react. Indeed, he is situated directly next to Djamena by virtue of size alone. Before Solrock can even wince, Dulcian roars and starts pulsing his tail like a heartbeat. An Earthquake erupts, and seismic waves of power pulse through Djamena, elicited a garbled noise of horror from the cosmic creature. As the blow pushes Djamena towards the wall, the Solrock hisses and tries to concentrate at the task at hand. Do not give up. Find another way. Emboldened by these thoughts, Djamena tightens its focus and releases some stored, supernatural power.

When the air around Djamena ripples, mauve light scintillates in front of Djamena. A second later, the mauve expands in a magical aegis, which Reflects and shimmers like a supernova. While Djamena adjusts itself behind this mystical shield, the Onix sneers and fills himself with vitriol and venom towards his opponent. Indeed, Dulcian could imagine himself crushing Djamena and creating pumice stones from the Solrock's corpse. And perhaps this goal is achievable. Filled with bloodlust, Dulcian unfurls his gargantuan tail and Slams it towards Djamena. The Heavy blow clashes into the iridescent screen, and cracks zigzag up the pane, streaking in lightning strides. However, the pane retains its integrity, fending off Dulcian's body from reaching Djamena. As frustrations bubbles inside him, Dulcian pushes against the shield, but his endeavours are futile. Robust, the reflective wall holds.

After Dulcian pulls away his tail, Djamena's expression hardens like tempered steel. Time to offer retribution. Djamen moves its shield to the side for a moment, as the Solrock dredges the depths of its fuming fury towards Dulcian. Absolute anger rises like bile inside the Solrock. Stoking the inner Fire, Djamena aims at Dulcian when he belches. A Blast of heat forms a Kanji and lurches towards Dulcian. Although the Onix tries to evade the slow-moving assault, Dulcian cannot move the entirety of his titanic body out of the way in time. The furling flames crash into Dulcian, who gasps and screams in horror. He may have avoided a burn, but he cannot help whimpering. This battle may not be as one-sided as the Onix hopes. And while Dulcian contemplates, the ceiling above groans again, billowing more ash and soot. Time is ticking.

Expending a great fraction of his Steel reserves, Dulcian has spent some noteworthy energy but is otherwise fresh. Solrock launched half its Fire reserves and may enjoy a breather, which is not strictly necessary.

Djamena weathered a large super-effective blow compared to Dulcian's large but neutral one, establishing a small health difference. Both remain in the first third of health. Reflect is still up.

-Apollo77 to order.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:05 PM   #10
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Concentrate as best you can and give him a Psywave to mess with his head. Follow with Will-O-Wisp to get some burns on him.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:29 PM   #11
Miror
Marsh Badge

Roar your supremacy, followed by another Heavy Slam
Old 12-16-2014, 07:37 PM   #12
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Phone posting, but I will link my TAs for the past few weeks once I have a computer. Summer is coming.

ROUND 3: Anything Can Happen
Solrock vs Onix

Djamena tries to concentrate, holding itself calm. Do not panic in the face of danger. Spinning on the spot, Djamena dredges up the depths of its telepathic prowess, attempting to summon some Waves of Psychic power. Dulcian has a plan, though. Indeed, the Onix is well-prepared. Before the less fresh Solrock can complete its attack, Dulcian raises his enormous body and Roars. A booming noise drowns out the entire room, shrieking like a war-cry. When the loudening shout reverberates, Djamana inadvertently flinches. Between Onix's formidable size and Onix's type advantage, Djamena cannot help fearing Dulcian. The Solrock grimaces, aborting the Psywave before it can conclude. Indeed, its concentration ebbs and shatters, as though it is mere glass to Onix's gruesome visage. As the roar dissipates, Solrock trembles behind its barrier, shaken. Dulcian smirks, celebrating this change of events.

Eager to exploit this opening, Dulcian raises his formidable tail, which he brandishes like a whip. When the Onix Slams his body against Solrock, the cerise aegis shimmers like a mirror, shielding Djamena from the assault. Djamena does not have luck, though. Indeed, a moment passes, and the screen shudders, before shattering under Djamena's weight. Multitudinous crystalline shards fling outwards, as the tremendous blow crashes into Djamena. Screaming under the super-effective attack, Djamena howls in agony and convulses. The Solrock's topmost point cracks under the pressure, snapping off like a cracker. While Dulcian smirks and celebrates this instance, the ceiling above trembles and starts to rain more ash and scorched soot. An acrid stench of burning fills the air, filling the room. Although Djamena does not flinch too much in the face of this heat, Dulcian scowls and does not enjoy the torrid swelter. After all, he is no Rock-type.

Determined to recover some ground in this battle, Djamena pauses and then summons some of its blazing hatred towards Dulcian. The Onix must pay for his crimes. As a wreathe of flames ignites around Djamena, the Solrock swivels and belches the blue Will-O-Wisp. The azure fires coil and roil onto the left-most part of Dulcian's tail, which recoils upon being branded. Dulcian hisses, as the burn marks him in a raw hue of red. This wound abrades, almost pulsing under the heat of the burning roof. After hot smoke skittles across Dulcian's wound, Dulcian sneers and grimaces in pain. Even if Djamena suffers the greatest blow in this round, that wound may perish and cause further agony. Anything can happen.

Expending more Steel reserves, Dulcian has spent a great deal of energy and may want a breather soon, although he is not desperate yet. Djamena has spent less and still has a great deal of Fire energy remaining.

Djamena has suffered a great blow, falling under the first third of health and losing the topmost tip of his "horn". Dulcian took less but now has a noticeable burn on his left-most flank.

-Miror to order.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:04 AM   #13
Miror
Marsh Badge

Play some baseball with our floating friend by whipping him out of the air with a DC Earthquake, followed by whipping up a Sandstorm
Old 12-22-2014, 12:12 PM   #14
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Well, he's tired now, so Safeguard to protect yourself from the Earthquake and push him back into the dojo wall. Follow with Fire Spin to trap him and aggravate those burns.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:32 PM   #15
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

ROUND 4: I See Fire

ROUND 4: I See Fire
Solrock vs Onix

Dulcian glowers at his foe, imbuing the utmost hatred into his expression. Bloodthirst crescendos inside him and strums like a guitar. When he lashes his tail, Dulcian sheathes himself with immense Ground energy and slashes downwards. Djamena has a trick or two, though. Indeed, the Solrock exploits Dulcian's growing fatigue to almost immediately Safeguard itself in a white aegis of light. Swishing, Onix's tail slams into the shield and unleashes the seismic force of an Earthquake. However, the pane of energy does not crumple under the immense attack, deflecting Dulcian's blow as though it is made of mere cardboard. As Dulcian scowls and slides his tail to the side, Djamena sighs in palpable relief. That blow was far too close to home to be comfortable for the Solrock.

Meanwhile, the ceiling groans like a crone, curving under its own weight. The air parches, skittering with soot and smoke. Without warning, a small portion of the roof grumbles and then collapses. When burning tiles descend and rain upon the two battlers, Djamena and its rocky exterior endures the falling coals, but Dulcian struggles a bit more. His large size affording him no wiggle room, Dulcian cannot help grimacing, as the blazing planks clatter onto his burns, which deepen and throb with palpable pain. Dulcian twitches, uncomfortable. However, he is not one to surrender. Not yet. After he takes a calming breath, Dulcian glances at the ceiling: a sizeable hole has now formed in the roofing, allowing gentle sunlight to stream in like gossamer ribbons. That hole will expand further as the seconds pass, as the rest of the dojo catches on fire. Dulcian will need to hurry.

As he hastens to act, Dulcian starts spinning as much as he can within these confines. He brandishes his entire body like a whip, flailing and upending some of the wooden flooring beneath him. When a part of Dulcian's body flicks into Djamena, the Solrock grouses with the faintest flicker. Djamena's discomfort transforms into schadenfreude second later, however. Indeed, Dulcian swivels to summon sort of Sandstorm, but he has missed one small detail: he needs sand. Unlike the Larvitar species, Dulcian possesses no means to create silicon dioxide. And his current environment, a Dojo, is indoors. Not a speck of sand in sight, not until Dulcian destroys more of the floor. For now, the weather remains firmly out of his control, though.

While Dulcian scowls at his failures and aborts his attack, Djamena wastes no time to strike. He starts to Spin like a drill. Dredging up a storm of energy, Djamena ignites a great Fire, which roars and rumbles. The blaze tightens into a tornado around Dulcian, brushing against his burns. As Dulcian winces under the heat, the twister heightens and pierces the top of the small dojo. An inferno whirls into the smouldering roof, which shudders and then cracks like glass. Weakened under this firestorm, the ceiling drops a few inches, creaking perilously. Even from inside the Fire Spin, Dulcian can recognise that the dojo will soon cave into itself, unless somebody hampers the disintegration. A possible cave-in would harm all inhabitants. And who knows which way Lady Luck will favour during such a disaster? Is it wise to court danger?

Djamena now only has enough Fire offtype for one more Will-o-Wisp. Overall, he has dropped to the midpoint for energy and may enjoy a breather. Unlike Djamena, Dulcian remains in the first third of energy but will enjoy a lighter round.

Djamena has taken less damage than Dulcian in this round, narrowing Dulcian's health lead. Both remain above the midpoint for health, and Dulcian is burnt. The roof is about to collapse, and Fire Spin will end in the next round.

-Apollo77 to order.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:59 AM   #16
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Take a breather while he's trapped in there, Djamena. When he finally gets out, hit him with a nice Round.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:53 AM   #17
Miror
Marsh Badge

Earth Power if you're able. If not, either way, wait until the Fire Spin ends and then DC Earthquake him through one of the walls of the dojo.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:47 PM   #18
Connor
Who Knows?

Taking! Will get up to speed with notes and whatnot in the morning, then post a refereeing.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:38 PM   #19
Connor
Who Knows?

With the blustering crimson whirling around his entire world, Dulcian desperately looks for a means of escape, his hefty head turning left and right as he scans his surroundings. With a cacophonous roar, he accepts his fate, awaiting the flames dying down slowly. Crashing his tail into the hardened oak beneath him, the Onix grimaces as he realises his technique will only fail, and that patience will be his only means of continuing. With a reluctant grunt, he waits silently, and the roaring flames slowly die. As soon as he lurches forwards, a horrifying sound echoes from the hardened body of Djamena, coloured rings hurtling through the air to break against the head of the mighty snake. Hissing his irritation, Dulcian brings his enormous tail swinging round, a dull brown hue emanating from the appendage. With a sickening crunch, Djamena is sent hurtling into a nearby wall, the structure collapsing to allow the Solrock to break out into the surrounding cityscape. Tumbling after his foe, Dulcian barely manages to avoid the remaining pillars crashing down, the flames blazing loud and true.

Djamena is nearing the midpoint now, but will be fresh going into the next. Dulcian likewise will be, but his lead isn't exactly comfortable.

As a note, going to ignore the technically Pokecenter stay inducing damage which was inflicted on Djamena. No way should an attack of that magnitude be causing instant injury of that level, especially considering that the attack itself should never have been of the power it was seemingly refereed at given the weight differences between the pair.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:18 PM   #20
Miror
Marsh Badge

Dawh, no more broken Solrock :c

Now that we're outside, Sandstorm, followed by slamming him into the ground with another DC Earthquake
Old 01-18-2015, 07:06 PM   #21
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Set up a Reflect while he's busy churning up Sandstorm, then blast him with a Solarbeam of brilliance!
Old 01-20-2015, 09:33 AM   #22
Connor
Who Knows?

Slithering outwards into the surroundings of the cityscape, Dulcian roars loudly into the air, hunkering his body down closer to the planted lawn beneath him. With a bellowing cry, he begins to rotate rapidly in place, his body grinding against the ground beneath him and churning gritty dirt into the air. Unabashed by the sudden drop in visibility, Djamena simply begins to concentrate on the air before her, a flickering translucent barrier gradually forming. The familiar properties strike a discordant tone with Dulcian, and he roars once again, this time cloaking his serpentine body in a thickened aura of ruddy brown colour. With a swiping strike, his blow crashes into the formed screen, cracks petering across the surface, but Djamena is ultimately left unharmed. Gathering solar energy, the Solrock takes a while, but eventually shines brilliantly with incredible white force. Moments later and a beam engulfs the body of Dulcian, the Onix shrieking in agony.

Dulcian dipped beneath the midpoint, with Djamena reestablishing her lead. Both good for two.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:40 PM   #23
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Set up a QC Substitute, then Will-o-Wisp once more to aggravate his burns.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:38 PM   #24
Miror
Marsh Badge

DC Earthquake to try to break both his screen and his silly substitute, followed by Protect
Old 01-23-2015, 07:43 AM   #25
Connor
Who Knows?

Shifting backwards, Djamena quickly begins to channel her energies throughout her entire form, the viscous substances filling every crook and cranny of her being. Flooding outwards, they quickly meld together, creating a perfect replica of herself which remains situated behind her screen. With a gruff tone, Dulcian brings his hefty tail swinging round, the dull thrum emanating from the brown aura causing Djamena to cringe unwillingly. With a sickening crash, the remaining screen is completely eradicated, the swing continuing onwards to slam into the replica Solrock. With a soft pop, it disappears, and Dulcian groans his frustration as the real Djamena quickly forms a small blue flame, the intense blast rushing towards the towering Onix. With a grunting exertion, Dulcian conjures a brilliant shield of verdant energy around his form, the sphere gently pulsating as it shields the Onix from damage.

Djamena retains a lead here, but it is slim at best. Both are now beneath the midpoint, and both are beginning to tire.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL