UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 11-10-2014, 08:16 PM   #1
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Darmanitan UPN PASBL: Myles Fowl II v Kingothestone - i miss u senpai

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the main event of the night, in the category of Equiall 1 Boxing of the PASBL here in Yupien's Grand Stadium! Presiding this match, we have the judges Extroph, Extroph, and.... Extroph! Our referee for the night is none other than... Extroph! Now, in the red corner, we have Myles Fowl II, my previous updater for Wild Future. I don't know much about him aside from that, however. In the blue corner, we have none other than the king, the legend, the champion, the vomit, please welcome.... KINGOTHESTONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE . (crowd goes wild)

Welcome back Kots! I want a nice clean fight from the both of ya. Remember to have fun! Good luck!
-------------------------
Myles Fowl II (C) Vs Kingothestone (A)

2v2
Singles
Equiall 1
Slapstickitydoo
Switch=KO
48 HR DQ that I won't use
Arena: Boxing Ring

Boxing Ring rules for me are as follows: 23 x 23 feet box (20 x 20 feet inside), 3 feet platform height, artificial lights just above the ring, a whole bunch of spectators seated in stadium seats surrounding all four sides of the ring about 10 feet away from the ring. The ring is easily destroyed. Both Pokemon will start out 10 feet away from each other in the center of the ring.

Since Myles said this is a leveler, I will be using a 4/6 health/energy scale unless stated otherwise by both battlers. 2x/3x SE scale will also be used.

Start us off, Myles!

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Extroph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 05:36 AM   #2
Heather
Big Fluffy Pancakes

SQUAD TIMES OF AWESOME

Hernán Cortés, Level 1 Hawlucha Male
Mike, Level 1 Tyrogue Male
Po, Level 1 Pancham Male
Avogadro, Level 1 Drilbur Male
Lagmonster, Level 1 Porygon
Reynardine, Level 1 Poochyena Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Mint Earhart
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 09:17 AM   #3
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

It's good to be back. Good luck, myles. And thanks for reffing, Ex.

All of the below are at the stages they should be for the match. Amphitryon is the uplevel.

Zeus

[Level 1 Male Elekid]
I met Zeus up in the mountains, training with a group of Beartic. For some reason, they had accepted him as one of their own. He is incredibly comfortable in colder arenas. While in the mountains, I met a hermit who told me Zeus' story.

Another trainer had been searching the mountains looking for Pokemon when an egg he was carrying began to hatch. Unable to care for the freshly hatched Elekid, and in a terrible rush, the trainer had left the baby behind the hermit's hut. Alone and forgotten, the Elekid began to climb the mountain, looking for some sort of safety from the elements. He managed to find a cave after hours of searching, and made his way inside. His rest, however, was to be short-lived. It seemed that the cave was home to a particularly ornery Haxorus that apparently dwelled deep within the mountain. The beast quickly chased the baby Elekid out into the harsh elements once more, where he tumbled down the mountainside, coming to a stop just before a second cave. Bruised and battered, the baby Elekid crawled inside and and fell to the ground, unconscious.

When he awoke, the Elekid found himself surrounded by a group of Beartic. He jumped to his feet, ready to fight, but the Beartic looked concerned rather than angry. He told them his story of the Haxorus, and they took pity on him. They decided that, since he had nobody else, they would train him. And train him they did. For 6 months they worked together, teaching the young electric type some ice type moves while shying away from moves that could prove dangerous should the baby ever turn on the larger group. After 6 months, the Elekid had learned all he could from the Beartic, but he was still not content. He told the Beartic that, in order to prove himself capable, he had to best the Haxorus. Despite their warnings, the Elekid set out once more up the mountain, returning to that fateful cave.

Before he even took a step inside, the Elekid heard a deafening howl from within the cavern. He took a moment to work up his nerve, and then scurried into the cave. Once there, he once again met his opponent. A fierce battle ensued, with Elekid fighting valiantly, combining his natural moves with those that he had been taught by the Beartic. After a long, long confrontation, the Haxorus finally went down, and the Elekid let out an echoing victory screech before hurrying down the mountainside to tell his companions his story.

[Hidden Power]
Water

[Special Training: Kheimon's Blessing]
Zeus has gained an Ice Familiarity and can now use Ice Beam, Ice Shard and Powder Snow. Due to his training, he never learned any fire type moves. He also never learned Focus Punch, Cross Chop, Dynamicpunch, Rolling Kick, Brick Break or Rock Smash due to the Beartic he trained with being afraid of those moves in particular.

---------------------------

Amphitryon

[Level 2 Male Kadabra]
[Biography]
Amphitryon has an old soul. A clear leader in battle, he is adept at using his psychic abilities and the environment to his advantage. He has made a place for himself as a leader on my squad, and his versatility on the battlefield earns him a regular position on my teams.

[Hidden Power]
Bug

Aeolus

[Level 1 Male Aerodactyl]
[Biography]
TBA

[Hidden Power]
Fire

Oceanus

[Level 1 Male Squirtle]
[Biography]
TBA

[Hidden Power]
Flying

Enceladus

[Level 1 Male Makuhita]
[Biography]
TBA

[Hidden Power]
Ghost

Talos

[Level 1 Male Aron]
[Biography]
Talos was once a great guardian of the a young woman named Europa, who lived in the city of Crete. Made entirely of bronze, he was well-versed in protecting his city from pirates and invaders. As such, when I stumbled upon this bronze colored Aron, it was only fitting that he be named after the great bronze guardian. It became even more appropriate when the young Aron began to exhibit very protective qualities. While young, he is sure to turn into a valiant warrior.

[Hidden Power]
Steel

Zeus, my old friend, it has been a while. Lock and load.

Old Squad Summary

UPN Mafia Global Rules & Guidelines

UPN Mafia Queue & Statistics Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoS View Post
I was wondering what the high-pitched ringing in my ears was all day, but it's probably kots screaming into a pillow.
kingothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:01 PM   #4
Heather
Big Fluffy Pancakes

"Avogadro. Hone Claws, DC EQ."

Quote:
Old 11-11-2014, 02:31 PM   #5
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Hidden power water, Ice beam, Ice beam.

3 confirmed.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
I was wondering what the high-pitched ringing in my ears was all day, but it's probably kots screaming into a pillow.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:10 PM   #6
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

The two trainers stand on their respective sides, latched onto the ropes as they stand outside the boundaries of the boxing ring. They toss their Pokeballs inside the ring, and out comes a Drilbur and an Elekid! The first round bell dings! Ready, fight!

Round 1: Elekid v Drilbur

Elekid (Electric): Elekid are able to recharge themselves more efficiently than other Electric types and, whenever they use only one attack in a round, they will automatically recover moderate energy at the end of the round. They are easier to anger than most Pokémon. They are resistant to moves which induce sleep or drowsiness and will recover more quickly from these conditions. All baby Pokémon's techniques that are based on cuteness (such as Charm, Attract, Sweet Kiss, etc) are slightly more effective.
[Electric]: Electric-types, in general, prefer areas where their electric attacks are most accurate. Thus, while hot temperatures don't bother them, the fact that heat refracts electricity doesn't appeal to them. They are resistant to paralysis inflicted by Electric-type moves, though they may be paralysed as normal by other methods. Electric types do not suffer from recoil damage when using Electric attacks in the water.
Drilbur (Ground): Drilbur dig like a drill using their long, pointed, shovel-like claws. This allows them to dig quickly and easily through almost any type of ground Eeven through some hard, impenetrable surfaces, like concrete Eletting them travel fast and efficiently through the ground. Their tunnels are also sturdy, and, if desired, can be made so they do not collapse after being dug. Their claw based attacks deal 1.1x damage.
[Ground]: Ground-type Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 0.75x the usual damage from Electric-type attacks. If a Ground-type is wet, electric attacks affect it normally (unless the Pokémon is naturally wet/slimy, like Quagsire). Ground types do not suffer from recoil damage when using Electric attacks in the water. Ground-type Pokémon are more adept at manipulating outdoor and 'natural' environments than other Pokémon and will spend less energy using Dig, Earthquake etc. They typically have slightly more Rock energy than other Pokémon if they naturally learn attacks of that type.

The Drilbur grins, nose twitching with eagerness as he sharpens his claws with Dark energy. On the opposite side of the ring stands Elekid, his face serious and focused. As Drilbur hones the metallic drilling tools that he calls claws, Elekid, draws his right foot back. His arms wave in a fluid motion as orbs appear all around him, he pulls back both hands to one side of his body, and with one quick push forward, the orbs fly straight and true. The orbs pop as they come in contact with Drilbur's hide. Due to their natural type being Water, the orbs cause Drilbur to squeal in pain. However, he shakes his face quickly, washing away the pain he has felt. He decides that the best way to try out his newly honed claws is to NOT use them and to instead stomp on Elekid, so he jumps forward, the bottom half of his body glowing with Ground energy. He lands on Elekid accurately, redirecting the Earthquake's ripples directly onto Elekid's body. The electric type shivers in pain and is almost forced down to one knee. However, he remains standing, and instad focuses on retaliating. His mouth begins to become covered in frost, and a single ray of ice escapes. The beam crackles as ice begins to form in Drilbur's chest area. Drilbur looks down on his chest in surprise, panicking as the ice begins to harden. However, Elekid simply chuckles and sends another beam toward the same area, adding more chunks of ice to cover Drilbur's body like a vest.

Drilbur is already hovering right above critical health, but is fresh. His chest area is frozen, so it kinda restricts movement slightly. Elekid is good for two, though panting lightly, and is right above the first third of health.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:21 PM   #7
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

double-edge, twice if necessary.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 11-11-2014, 03:25 PM   #8
Heather
Big Fluffy Pancakes

"Now I'm angry. Bulldoze, Hidden Power x2."

3 confirmed.

Quote:
Old 11-11-2014, 08:03 PM   #9
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Round 2: Elekid v Drilbur

The crowd roars, feeding strength toward both competitors through the sound of their own bloodlust. Elekid looks around, his stern face sneaking a quick grin as he realizes that many are cheering his name. "Zeus! Zeus! Zeus! Zeus!" Elekid grunts before sprinting as fast as he can toward the Drilbur. However, Drilbur already anticipated such a close-contact attack, and so he stomps on the boxing ring. The floor changes according to the Ground energy's whims, shaking violently and causing Elekid to trip and fall. However, Drilbur continues his stomping, small but powerful shockwaves rippling throughout the ring, enough to set off a Richter scale. As the Drilbur finishes, the damage is clear. Although the floor of the ring stayed intact, the surrounding ropes did not survive the onslaught. They lay limply on the buffer zone between ring and spectator seats, along with the poles that held them all together. Elekid gets up promptly, his body aching from the attack. However, he charges once more, full sprint. Drilbur panics as Elekid closes the small gap between them. He charges a Hidden Power, but fires it prematurely just before the Elekid smashes onto the mole. Elekid winces slightly from the recoil damage as Drilbur falls back, unable to continue.

Avogadro is unable to battle! Final Pokemon and orders from Myles!

Elekid dipped below the final third of health. He's still good for two if necessary, as he is panting heavier than last round. A break would be nice, but is not needed.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:36 PM   #10
Heather
Big Fluffy Pancakes

"You have shamed me enough! I'll put an end to this once and for all-your finger speed's little outing ends here! Mike, DC EQ PUUUUUUUUUNCH! If he still stands, Seismic Toss him outta here!"

Quote:
Old 11-11-2014, 10:09 PM   #11
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Arena abuse go.

Quick attack past the eq punch and into the ropes, bouncing off of them and using the momentum to slam into your foe with a mega punch.

Just re-read the last round and realized nope not gonna happen. As such:

protect the EQ punch, then mega kick his face

Old Squad Summary

Quote:

Last edited by kingothestone; 11-12-2014 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:03 PM   #12
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Round 3: Elekid v Tyrogue

Myles stands, somewhat humiliated, among the destroyed ropes on the floor next to the raised ring. His Drilbur lays still in front of him, and this fact was emphasized by the roaring of the crowd. They were chanting the opponent's name, but for how long? Crowds never really remained loyal to one fighter, so long as they see action to reassure them that their money was well spent. He pulls out Drilbur's Pokeball from his bag and returns the Pokemon. Gritting his teeth, he forces himself to send out his final Pokemon. When the Pokeball opens midair, it reveals a Tyrogue who shows his finesse as he lands gracefully on the ring. The Fighting type, nicknamed Mike, jabs the air swiftly, showing off to the fellow Baby Pokemon in front of him. Zeus remains undeterred, however, as he remains confident in himself thanks to the support of the crowd around him.

Tyrogue (Fighting): Tyrogue are apprentice fighters and are more skilled than other baby Pokémon, on par with basic stage members of other lines. All baby Pokémon's techniques that are based on cuteness (such as Charm, Attract, Sweet Kiss, etc) are slightly more effective.
[Fighting]: Fighting-type Pokémon train extensively, more than any other Pokémon type, which gives them greater endurance and readiness than other Pokémon and allows them to push themselves harder for longer. They are more accurate with their physical blows and are more adept at blocking and countering the physical strikes of attackers. They fight more enthusiastically in urban environments but are not adversely affected by more natural surroundings.

As Tyrogue is sent out, the crowd shifts their attention. The chanting dispersed into a multitude of whistling and cheering, directed at both fighters. Immediately, the Tyrogue feels right at home in the urban environment, feeling more enthusiastic to battle against the Elekid. As the Round 3 bell dings, Tyrogue darts forward almost instantly, eager to prove his martial mettle. His fists pull back as he closes the distance between him and Elekid, fists coated with Ground energy. Elekid sees the approaching Tyrogue, surprised by the opponent's speed and tenacity. He brings his arms up, bracing for impact as the Tyrogue closes in. As Tyrogue's dominant leg lands forward, he anchors himself on the ground and brings the fist forward. Elekid's condition compared to Tyrogue's freshness and enthusiasm prevents him from putting up the Protective bubble immediately, taking a fist to the face. Elekid flies backward and skids on the mat of the ring, unable to battle.

Zeus is unable to battle! Final Pokemon and orders from Kingothestone please!

Mike is fresh. Ground energy can provide one more Earthquake.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:53 PM   #13
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Amphitryon, lock and load. Psychic wave followed by a zen headbutt.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 11-12-2014, 07:29 PM   #14
Heather
Big Fluffy Pancakes

"Psychic interlopers in MY ring!? I will not allow this treason! Pursuit x2!"

Quote:
Old 11-12-2014, 08:08 PM   #15
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Round 4: Kadabra v Tyrogue

Apparently, Kingothestone is serious now, because he sends out his uplevel Pokemon. The Kadabra is released onto the ring, landing softly on the mat. He glares at the Tyrogue, though the Fighting type seems to not be intimidated. He treats the new challenger as an obstacle, and he plans to overcome all obstacles.

Kadabra (Psychic): Kadabra emit special alpha waves as a by-product of their psychic abilities. These waves induce headaches and will disrupt the concentration of Pokémon within five feet of Kadabra. They are more resistant (but not completely immune) to sleep-inducing attacks. Kadabra can see in the dark.
[Psychic]: Psychic-type Pokémon are much more proficient with telekinesis than other Pokémon. Thus, they can use Psychic to move and manipulate targets with ease. Psychic type Pokémon are resistant to flinching and have higher levels of focus and concentration than other Pokémon. They have limited ability to read minds and are thus more adept at dodging attacks than might be expected and able to mitigate the effects of accuracy reducing attacks. This telepathy does not work on Dark typed Pokémon.

As Kadabra lets out a low "hmph" under his breath, he raises his spoon forward. At this time however, Tyrogue coats himself with a cloak of Dark energy, and darts forward. As the Psychic wave erupts from Kadabra, Tyrogue is able to weather it, passing through seamlessly as if he were passing through silk. The Tyrogue tackles Kadabra, the cloak dislodging from Tyrogue's figure and envelops Kadabra, damaging the Psychic type as it does. However, as the cloak disappears, Tyrogue feels the power of Kadabra's telekinetic powers. His ears begin to ring, his mind throbbing in pain. He grabs his head with both hands, twitching as he does. Kadabra takes advantage of Tyrogue's disrupted concentration and gives the Fighting type a Headbutt, the concentrated Psychic energy on his head sending the Tyrogue flying. As he gets up, Tyrogue covers himself with another cloak of Dark energy and tackles Kadabra, sending him skidding back slightly. The round ends with both fighters in the middle of the ring, about 3 feet away from each other. Tyrogue seems to not be as concentrated as earlier, though the disrupting powers of Kadabra is soon growing on him.

Both battlers are about even in health, with Kadabra leading slightly in both health and energy. Both battlers are fresh, with Kadabra slightly more than Tyrogue.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:27 PM   #16
Heather
Big Fluffy Pancakes

"Confide to this vile creature what we do to interlopers like him, then deliver a Mega Kick, see if you can't knock the spoon out of its hand!"

Quote:
Old 11-12-2014, 09:06 PM   #17
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

"Good luck distracting Amphitryon after that rude display. force him back with a psychic wave, and then put an end to that silly mega kick with another psychic wave.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 11-12-2014, 09:18 PM   #18
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Quick reffing because Kots requested one:

Round 5: Kadabra v Tyrogue

Kadabra raises his spoon, and a Psychic wave surges throughout the arena once more. Tyrogue is sent flying! He gets up and tries to tell Kadabra a secret. However, Psychics apparently have higher levels of concentration than other Pokemon, plus Kadabra wouldn't listen to someone who just gave him Dark type boo-boos last round, so Confide didn't work. Tsk tsk. Then, noticing that his move failed, Tyrogue darts forward, foot glowing. As he is about kicking range, Kadabra unleashes another Psychic wave, sending him flying back, about 5 feet away from Kadabra now.

Tyrogue is deeeeepppp into critical, while Kadabra was not harmed this round. Both are good for two.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:21 PM   #19
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

end this. Psyshock, Psychic.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 11-12-2014, 09:37 PM   #20
Heather
Big Fluffy Pancakes

"Fake Out. Mega Kick. You did your best."

Quote:
Old 11-12-2014, 09:45 PM   #21
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Round 6: The End

As Kadabra raises his spoon once more, Tyrogue was already on his way. Just as Kadabra gathered energy within his spoon to fire at Tyrogue, the Fighting type was already to his side, jabbing Kadabra on the ribs. The Kadabra is startled, Psychic energy dispersing prematurely as the Fake Out interrupts Psyshock. However, Kadabra keeps his spoon held up, and just focuses on getting the little squirt as far from him as possible. As Tyrogue's foot glows white with power, he is sent flying into one of the spectator seats, unable to continue.

Mike is unable to battle! Kingothestone, Zeus, and Amphitryon are the winners!

Kingothestone receives 2 KOs and 4 TP.
Myles Fowl II receives 2 TP.
Extroph receives 4 SP for rapid reffings.

Pretty solid control over the battle from Kots. Enjoy your levels, guys!
Old 11-12-2014, 09:47 PM   #22
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Cheers, ex. Good match, myles. Obviously you and I should do a boxing ring match every few months.

Old Squad Summary

Quote:
Old 11-12-2014, 10:00 PM   #23
Heather
Big Fluffy Pancakes

True enough, but I feel like I need to say this: part of doing a leveler is figuring out how to best play a new addition, and whata good startegy is. Unfortunately, getting nuked with Typespam every round kinda defeated that purpose. I'm not trying to say that you were wrong to do that but for me it kinda defeated the point of the match.mAh well, whattaya gonna do.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL