UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries

Old 11-06-2014, 06:20 AM   #26
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
*Shrug* tags wait for four sets of orders either way. If you're ok with how tags are now (team A orders first then team B orders) this wouldn't slow tags down one bit, and wouldn't make doubles any slower than tags are now.

I'm not really seeing the downside here. Like, doubles would slow to the speed of tags. Big whoop? I'm fine with the speed of tags whilst doubles goes too fast now. That's kind of the point.

Last edited by Concept; 11-06-2014 at 06:27 AM.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:40 AM   #27
Mercutio
Banned

Agree with Concept on that. But I don't know how much we can do to counter ganging up on targets without doing something stupid. Refs don't generally ref pokemon evading and most battlers don't take the time to prepare for a strikw. They simply attack each round.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 01:07 PM   #28
Zelphon
Happy October

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
I'm kinda thinking that if changes are made they should be made in a way to where they allow for the trainers themselves to more easily avoid the "ganging up" situations rather than putting some artificial or otherwise forced/created limitations.

A small change that could help would be having If orders being treated as standard orders when used by a trainer going first, that way they can do things like "Altaria use protect if they Ice Beam" without worries of the usual side effects of If ordering.

Another change that could help would to be to just have the first round be hidden orders, that way setting up type spam would be slightly harder.

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 02:38 PM   #29
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

The problem with requiring more orders is that it doesn't slow down doubles in the way you want it to. It just means each round takes longer to get to- It doesn't make the battle itself last more rounds, which just introduces frustration for the players without any real benefit. The three-moves-per-team-per-turn thing Concept suggested, while kinda extreme, could work wonders to slow down doubles in the correct way- Battlers don't have to wait any longer to get to the action, but the action lasts longer. The goal here isn't to artificially make doubles take longer (that's just going to make no-one want to do it), it's to make the battles themselves be less fast-paced.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 05:19 PM   #30
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Well I mean that's the point of staggered ordering. You get to react to things your opponent does even if you go first, which prevents ganging up on people which slows things down.

Spoiler: show
[The Sorcerer's Ambition]A handy link, to be sure.
Level Acquisitions, sorted by level instead of name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Shuckle's awesomeness level continues to rise.
Shuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 02:16 AM   #31
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

But with staggered ordering rounds take twice as long because both battlers have to order twice. It works well in rapid-fires when both players are online, but as a standard? Noooooooo.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries