Steelix UPN PASBL: Myles vs Zelphon

3v3
Singles
Slapstick
Equiall 1
48 HR DQ
Switch=KO
Spoiler: show
A Legendary Ocean (Custom Outdoor Arena)
A bright, sunny, oceanic locale greets the battlers. A clear ocean surrounds a large rock table, which doesn't have walls, making it easy for Pokémon to knock other Pokémon off. Wild Pokémon swim around the area, and will not attack unless provoked, usually retaliating with a Water Gun, or if you're unlucky, Surf. The resident Tentacool (that's plural, don't worry!) will help a non swimmer back onto land, however. The rock can be used for moves like Rock Slide and Stealth Rock, but as the table only sticks about a foot out of the water, using the edges is not advised. The sky is totally clear, so Sunny Day will take effect almost instantly, with Rain Dance and Hail taking more effort than normal. Sandstorm cannot be used due to a lack of sand on the table. The table can conduct ground moves like EQ and Earth Power, but it might also damage the table, so it is ill advised to do so. The rock cannot be dug through, however. No foliage grows on the table either, so Grass knot will require a grass type user. The table is big enough to hold two Steelix. Durability isn't an issue as it's solid rock to the ocean floor.

As for the water itself, it is abundantly clean and will make water types fight more enthusiastically, this effect lasting for a turn or two after they emerge from the water. The water Pokémon living here generally won't attack provided you don't attack them. Underwater, they will usually retaliate with some manner of Tackle or other physical move.

The arena can also be used under Nighttime conditions, which will remove weather move modifiers but of course, come with the stipulations of darkness. While the moon shines bright and full, giving a decent amount of light, Dark types and other night vision Pokémon will have a better time.
Special rules: Wild Pokémon, Night Fight (Optional)

Are any of you opting for Night Fight or Wild Pokemon? Reach a quick agreement and tell me while you get your squads ready.

Myles posts a squad of 6.
Zelphon does the same and releases first pokemon.
Myles picks his first mon and orders.
Counter orders.
Ref.
Swap/Repeat.

Questions? No? Good.

My Squad and Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
wat skool
Quote:
Originally Posted by The O View Post
wat skool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairne View Post
wat skool
The O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:53 PM   #2
Zelphon
Frigid Memer

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
I'm good with whatever Myles wants, this is his scenario after all.

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:55 PM   #3
Heather
Know when to hold 'em

No night fight, and Wild pokemon help keep the non swimmers on land, so sure. just dont hit them! ^_^. Now excuse me while I post squad stuff. Also this isnt a scenari its just me grasping for KOs

EDIT: SQUAD TIMES OF AWESOME GO

Affection, level 2 Female Misdreavus
"That didn't do much, did it?"
Affection loves pranking other Pokémon, especially in making their moves not affect her. She LOVES it, almost as much as she loves fear. She likes to say she has her opponent's fear for dinner, and their rage for dessert. She's an evasive little ghost. I still wonder where she came from some days, as it's clear she's had some training. But she never wants to talk about her past.
Hidden Power Fairy

Arzen, Level 1 Male Elekid
"I have to get stronger! I have to show all those guys back home!"
Arzen was the odd Elekid out who was just never that great compared to the other Elekid in his colony. He was always ridiculed for this, and he suffered a lot of emotional damage from it, remedied only by his parents, until they were caught. When this happened, Arzen left the colony to go prove himself by climbing a mountain. On the way up, he tripped over some Geodude, and they beat on him mercilessly, about to end his life, when Myles caught him to save his life. He has trained a lot since then, aiming to be the best there ever was and return home someday, even if only for a while, to show how good he was to all those bullies.
Hidden Power Ice

Domovoi, level 1 Male Makuhita
"I live to serve my Trainer. My mark tells the story of my training."
It is a tradition in the Fowl family to assign each child a bodyguard. When Myles caught this fellow, it's fighting skill was stupendous and it eventually made it into the training school where most of the Fowl bodyguards had theirs done. Many doubted Domovoi's potential, being just a little Makuhita. Even the master was hesitant to accept the little one. But it's fighting spirit and will were unbreakable, withstanding test and trial, melting snow by stomping it into water, withstanding scorching heat, as well as learning and mastering every martial art the world had to offer. When it came time for the little fighting type to take the final exam, it trained mercilessly for days, going from melting buckets of water to barrels, honing it's fighting skills in heat that would leave a person knocked out. It's efforts paid off, as it passed on the first try, earning its blue diamond tattoo, which it proudly bears on it's left arm.
Signature Training: Martial Master
Being a master of the many martial arts of the world, Makuhita has learned many of the fighting techniques previously unknown to its species, learning Circle Throw, Storm Throw, Submission, Double Kick, Flying Press, Jump Kick, High Jump Kick, Rolling Kick, Sky Uppercut, Triple Kick, and Superpower. However, the only status moves it is capable of using are Protect, Focus Energy, and Bulk Up. Return and Frustration are both at minimum power, as Domovoi is merely Myles' guard. When Domovoi is KO'd, if the Pokémon that has beaten it did not use any deceit category moves while Domovoi was on the field, he salutes his opponent for besting him, giving that Pokémon a minor stat boost for a round or two in speed or physical attack-whichever's base is higher for that particular Pokémon. (This sig is PENDING)
Hidden Power Bug

Flena, Level 1 Female Corphish
"Just wait until,I get my pincers on ya!"
Flena doesn't like a battle unless it's fun, and she gets easily frustrated if a matchup is stacked miles against her, while she enjoys watching a pinned opponent worm their way out for more. Her fun-loving nature gets her into squabbles with Blackquill a lot, but she doesn't mind him.
Hidden Power Ground

Lagmonster, level 1 Genderless Porygon
"RUN BEATDOWN.EXE"
Lagmonster lives up to his name, as any electronics he messes with become incredibly slow. Myles had been sent out on a task force to catch Lagmonster when the Poketch Cpmpany was having computer problems from this little fellow. It loves to mess with things and has a prankster nature. Of course, this means it gets in plenty of losing battles with Blackquill.
Hidden Power Psychic

Moegami, Level 1 Male Torchic
"When I gwow up, I'm gunna beat you!"
Moegami is an adorable little Pokémon, but it knows how to put up a fight and make it warm for anyone on his path to greatness. He prides himself on his growing strength, one of the few Pokémon brave enough to be rivals with Tidan's ego, yet he won't let his defeats at his hands get him down.
Hidden Power Grass

Quote:
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Things One Is Not Allowed To Do In Exalted
244) While not FORBIDDEN, my Midnight is to keep in mind that using an army of animated skeletons in order to fill the town square with a rendition of "Spooky Scary Skeletons" is going to be considered odd at best.
WF Things

Last edited by Heather; 09-04-2014 at 08:01 PM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:05 PM   #4
Zelphon
Frigid Memer

Welp as always thanks to the ref & good luck to my opponent ^_^

Reizula: Spheal - 1 Female
Biography: While being one of the newest additions to Zelphy's team Reizula has shown that despite her rotund cuteness she is an extremely confident & able combatant.
Signature Move: Icy Terrain
For Considerable energy Reizula releases a giant pulse of icy albeit harmless energy, causing a thin layer of perpetual ice to cover the arena for 5 rounds no matter how hot the environment. This ice while not slippery enough to cause any trouble for pokemon does provide land based pokemon increased mobility through sliding/skating.
Reizula can not use Blizzard.

Bruce: Hitmonlee - 2 Male
Biography: Like all Hitmonlee Bruce is endowed with great kicking prowess, however his desire to master the art of his kind has brought him into unusual territory. On one occasion Bruce decided that he would study how his species's counterpart Hitmonchan fought & in the process learned some new tricks which he then worked into his kicking technique.
Special Training: Enter the Movie Pun
Bruce has learned Thunder Punch & Ice Punch with the off type energy to use both twice per battle and may in addition to Mach Punch performs these attacks as kicks rather then punches.
Bruce has forgotten Focus Punch & High Jump Kick.

Spunk: Grumpig - 3 Female (Uplevel)
Biography: having had gotten her name for her attitude Spunk is almost as full of...well spunk. Having had learned the importance of her pearl/s as a Spoink she has always taken good care of them & has learned to master the powers they grant.
Special Training - Pearl Mastery
Spunk now has twice as much Rock type energy and has learned Dazzling Gleam with the energy to use it twice per battle.
Spunk can not have Hidden Power: Rock and has forgotten Frustration & Calm Mind.
HP: Fighting

Icarus: Dunsparce - 2 Male
Biography: Having been ressurected by a Togekiss & promptly blessed with an enlarged wing span (about the size of a swablu's) Icarus has dedicated his life to justice and the mastery of flight.
Special Training - Blessed Flight
Icarus can now fly as high & as well as most flying types.
Due to his desire for justice & increased wing span he is unable to use: Defense Curl, Dig, Rollout, Spite, Thief, Bite, Astonish, Mud Slap, Nightmare, Dream Eater, Hex, Swagger & Frustration.
HP: Flying

Statisa: Joltik - 2 Female
HP: Fire

Lukna: Zorua - 2 Female
HP: Bug

Reizula let's see if you do better here then you did against Connor!

Old 09-04-2014, 08:08 PM   #5
Heather
Know when to hold 'em

"Let us begin in earnest. Domovoi, begin. Triple Kick, follow with ye good old Flying Press."

yay sigs

Quote:
Quote:
244) While not FORBIDDEN, my Midnight is to keep in mind that using an army of animated skeletons in order to fill the town square with a rendition of "Spooky Scary Skeletons" is going to be considered odd at best.
WF Things
Old 09-04-2014, 08:12 PM   #6
Zelphon
Frigid Memer

Icy Terrain & then slide away while letting off Frost Breath directed at it's feet, let the attack push you farther away from the opponent.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:54 PM   #7
The O
Boulder Badge

Round 1: Fat vs. Fat~!

Welcome to the...uh...*checks notes*..."Legendary Ocean"!

Doesn't look quite that legendary at first glance, but this is a nice, fancy rock. I like this rock.

Please...don't break this rock.

The weather is beautiful! I might just have to sun-bathe while I ref. The water is glistening and some ocean-dwelling Pokemon can be seen going about their daily routine near the surface. Here come our competitors on the back of a friendly Wailord!

It seems I'm again reffing for two trainers I haven't properly met yet. On one side, we have Zelphon...yay!

Opposing him is Myles.......yay!

Looks like they don't have any time for my rambling though! Two well-padded Pokemon grace the field and orders are volleyed! It's Reizula the Spheal vs. Domovoi Makuhita! Fat vs. Fat! Both let out an enthusiastic cry and the battle begins!

The well-traveled Makuhita rushes forward with a twist; his feet strike his icy foe once...twice...three times! It's a strong first attack, but Reizula is quick to gather herself to execute the next move. A blue glow spreads around her body and lowers into the stone table below. The veil spreads out until the entire surface is laced with shimmering ice. How pretty...now I can't lie down.

Dammit.

Anyway, her feisty opponent isn't as bothered by the change; Domovoi leaps into the air with surprising skill! I've never seen a Makuhita move like that! The fighter spreads his limbs and falls towards Reizula, but the slippery Spheal glides away from most of the attack and escapes after taking a glancing blow.

She's hurt but knows that it's too soon to give up the fight; the squishy competitor opens her mouth and unleashes a light frosty gale that propels her further away from Domovoi while chilling his feet. He doesn't seem too bothered by it though...his extra padding seems to protect him from extreme temperatures.

Reizula took some pretty big damage early on! But she didn't use quite as much energy. Domovoi wasn't hit hard at all this round. Both Pokemon are still fresh and ready to fight! They're 20 feet away from each other.

Orders from Zelphon

My Squad and Stats

Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Old 09-04-2014, 09:39 PM   #8
Zelphon
Frigid Memer

Darn I was hoping that thing would fall on it's face XD

Try to blow it off the edge with 2 Surfs

Old 09-04-2014, 09:52 PM   #9
Heather
Know when to hold 'em

"Use Flying Press to try to get over the first wave. If you can get over and behind, Rolling Kick. If you can't, just Focus Blast it."

Quote:
Quote:
WF Things
Old 09-04-2014, 10:50 PM   #10
The O
Boulder Badge

Round 2: Looking like a Pikahuna

After offering tribute to the best movie of all time: Blades of Glory, Reizula stops at the edge of the rock table and prepares her next attack. With a spin and wave, the Spheal summons a great wave...for her size. The foam rolls and crashes towards her opponent who makes a great leap...for his size. Unfortunately, the Makuhita just fails to clear the crown of the wave and is washed away to the edge of the arena and off the side.

Kindly, though a bit unnecessarily at this point, a group of Tentacool push Domovoi back onto the arena. Boom! Another wave. This time there's a Pikachu riding on it...

ALEPO'I GET BACK IN YOUR BALL.

"PIKA!"

Domovoi's pushed off again. The Tentacool look at him.

He looks back.

They look deeper...

He looks deeper stillll....*POW* they smack him right in the butt for beyond extreme damage! And he gets back on dry land again.

The Makuhita looks pretty soggy and irritated by this turn of events and prepares to retaliate. He pulls a great deal of fighting spirit from his body into an orb; with a great thrust and battle cry, he hurls it towards the Spheal! The attack bowls her over a bit, but she quickly finds her footing again as the round comes to a close.

Reizula's beyond half way to being knocked out! She has a small energy lead, though. Domovoi hasn't quite reached his half-way mark yet, but he's almost out of Flying energy. Two more Flying Slams are available, the second will be weaker than the first. They are on opposite sides of the arena now.

Miles.

My Squad and Stats

Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Old 09-04-2014, 10:56 PM   #11
Heather
Know when to hold 'em

"Rolling Kick x2!"

Quote:
Quote:
WF Things
Old 09-05-2014, 12:02 AM   #12
Zelphon
Frigid Memer

Wait for him to start the attack and then Surf him off the edge, repeat the process.

I'm assuming we're on opposite sides of this thing.

Old 09-05-2014, 12:06 AM   #13
The O
Boulder Badge

Round 3: Creative Orders are Creative

Quote:
They are on opposite sides of the arena now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
I'm assuming we're on opposite sides of this thing.
Domovoi looks pretty pleased with his damage output and is quick to stack on more to his opponent! He wastes no time at all and does some acrobatic, fucking backflips off the deep end towards his opponent. The slick nature of the terrain and many other factors lead him to closing the distance and striking true before Reizula can fully form a wave. The fighter flips from his hands and plants both feet into his opponent with a great deal of strength and expertise! The Pokemon nearly land in the ocean from the hit but manage to keep their feet on solid ground this time.

Domovoi isn't finished with his turn yet! He repeats his attack and just utterly bops Reizula in the face with a flying flip kick of acrobatic...ness...yeah. But she isn't content with letting him sit there this time, she builds another great wave to wash the Makuhita back into the ocean....the little Spheal is looking really hurt. It might not take much to put her down!

No Tentacool come...but a Sharpedo! The great shark isn't too happy with the fighter for messing with its hunting grounds. The wild Sharpedo hits Domovoi pretty hard before backing away slightly and eying the Makuhita warily.

Reizula is actually in critical conditions as far as health goes. She probably won't be able to take another super effective hit. Domovoi's in the water. He hasn't passed his half-way point for health yet but he needs to get out quick to avoid agitating the Sharpedo more. It's impossible to tell who has the upper-hand in energy, but both Pokemon seem a bit tired. Reizula is panting a little heavier than Domovoi...

Zelphon.

My Squad and Stats

Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool

Last edited by The O; 09-05-2014 at 12:54 AM.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:37 AM   #14
Zelphon
Frigid Memer

Rock Slide it to keep it in the water and then and then whisk it away with the grounded version of Whirlpool.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:39 AM   #15
Heather
Know when to hold 'em

"Rock Climb up the side of the rock then finish it with Rolling Kick!"

Quote:
Quote:
WF Things
Old 09-05-2014, 10:14 AM   #16
The O
Boulder Badge

Round 4: Pushed to the Limit

With the opportunity to keep her opponent in the ocean and away from her, Reizula tries to capitalize by mining for rocks to throw from the table. Unfortunately, the arena is quite hard, and Domovoi is able to scale the side of it fairly quickly before the attack finally smacks him for a bit of damage...

...but he just manages to keep his footing.

The Spheal isn't quite done yet...she knows that her foe is an immediate threat and needs to get some distance!

She begins to form a cone of Water energy above her head, but after her previous exertions, fails to finish preparation before Domovoi knocks her out with another speedy kick!

Reizula is unable to battle! Next Pokemon and orders from Zelphon!

While Domovoi has appreciated the lighter nature of his attacks, he's feeling quite tired and would benefit from a breather. He's 10 feet from the edge.

My Squad and Stats

Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Old 09-05-2014, 10:47 AM   #17
Zelphon
Frigid Memer

So I had some fancy ordered planned until I realized that Grumpig the Manipulate pokemon doesn't learn Hypnotize...

Urgh, Spunk use Psychic Wave to once more abuse the edge, then fry it with a Shock Wave

Old 09-05-2014, 02:46 PM   #18
Heather
Know when to hold 'em

"Hidden Power and then Seismic Toss it in the water."

Quote:
Quote:
WF Things
Old 09-05-2014, 05:02 PM   #19
The O
Boulder Badge

Round 5: Why Shock Wave?

A red flash spreads out and reveals a bouncing baby girl.

Oh, that's just a Spoink.

Fresh from the ball and with an uplevel advantage, Spunk prepares to fight! A blue aura forms around her body before what seems like a powerful gust of wind knocks Domovoi into the ocean...again!

As soon as he breaks the water...chomp! Bad luck! The Sharpedo from earlier decides to simply take a bite out of the Makuhita this time. He shakes the fighter around a little until tendrils of electricity strike the both of them. The wild ocean dweller feels it the most but doesn't let go of his prey just yet. Domovoi even attempts his first orders against the Sharpedo, but the blast of Bug energy still isn't enough. It swims around the rock table for a while until something more interesting catches his eye. Fortunately, it lets go and swims away for now...but the round comes to a close before more orders can be completed.

Domovoi took quite a beating this round and isn't far from critical. He's only a few feet away from the table and didn't use much energy this round.
Spunk is still pretty fresh and didn't suffer any damage yet. Dipped into Electric energy but still has enough to go around.

Myles.

My Squad and Stats

Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Old 09-05-2014, 05:04 PM   #20
Heather
Know when to hold 'em

Get back up and Storm Throw it. Into the water, of course.

Quote:
Quote:
WF Things
Old 09-05-2014, 05:31 PM   #21
Zelphon
Frigid Memer

Lolspam: Psychic Wave 2x

Old 09-07-2014, 04:40 PM   #22
The O
Boulder Badge

Round 6: Sniper

(oh, and Icy Terrain is gone btw.)

Domovoi heaves himself onto the table in order to approach his foe again and rushes forth...but another quick blast of energy comes again and sends him onto his back. Just as he gets onto his feet, his instincts kick in and he tries to avoid another push from this invisible force but still gets hit by the majority of the blow....

And this time, he doesn't get up.

Domovoi is unable to battle! Next Pokemon and orders from Myles.

Spunk is starting to feel the burn from her exertions, but she's still pretty fresh. Though, she may want a break soon.

My Squad and Stats

Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Old 09-07-2014, 04:42 PM   #23
Heather
Know when to hold 'em

This is the part where I make people hate me. Affection, roll out! Shadow Sneak, shadow Ball!"

Quote:
Quote:
WF Things
Old 09-07-2014, 08:50 PM   #24
Zelphon
Frigid Memer

Pssst....Light Screen

Old 09-09-2014, 08:49 PM   #25
The O
Boulder Badge

Round 7: Before the Wall

A ghosty. :3 I like ghosties.

This siren spirit is quite mysterious; it's only known that she feeds off fear AND RAGE. Maybe she's a troll? Maybe she just likes emotions.

Either way, she's quite quick when it comes to moving her shadow...wait what...that's creepy. I mean..I've seen it before but...

I didn't even notice it was happening at first. The Misdreavus's shadow seems to be crawling at a ridiculous speed towards her opponent. With a quick tap, the energy manipulated visage strikes the bouncing psycher for a good bit of damage.

Spunk isn't willing to take another hit though; with little effort, the Spoink manifests a golden pane of psionic energy to catch the explosive projectile that Affection launches soon after. The screen bends, but does not break just yet.

Affection's used some heavy energy to start, nothing too bad though. Still fresh and no damage. Spunk took some extra damage, but she hasn't hit her half mark yet. She enjoyed the break this round and didn't expend too much energy.

Zelphon.

My Squad and Stats

Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool