UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries

Old 09-08-2014, 01:05 PM   #51
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Clearly we should adopt the FB business model, where working for things doesn't actually do anything.

Shuckle please stop.

Quote:
Zelphon - Today at 5:29 AM
If the current political climate has taught me anything
It's that a purge via gay witches may very well be necessary
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:17 PM   #52
Aposteriori
Banned

What about a one time use per match referee voucher of 1 or 2 SP that allows the referee to restore the 48 hour bonus if used within the first 72 hours of the match?
Aposteriori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:25 PM   #53
Mercutio
Banned

Ok let's keep criticism constructive and stop complaining about other forum games, thanks

I quite like that idea, Takuya.

What should earn you SP aside from reffing?
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:26 PM   #54
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Birthday Gift of either 5 or 10 SP. Preferably 10 since that is the cost of seasonal tokens.
Aposteriori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:30 PM   #55
Connor
Who Knows?

Introduction of a referee tutoring system could hold a nice incentive if you designate certain referees as qualified tutors and give them SP rewards based on how well the student comes along, at LO discretion.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:33 PM   #56
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Ok let's keep criticism constructive and stop complaining about other forum games, thanks

Twas actually a joke, I just got uber frustrated with Shuckle.

Quote:
Zelphon - Today at 5:29 AM
If the current political climate has taught me anything
It's that a purge via gay witches may very well be necessary
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:42 PM   #57
Mercutio
Banned

I do not think we will be doing birthday presents.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:47 PM   #58
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
"What other things should get you SP" is another way of asking "what tasks can we reasonably farm out to normal members to help the league run?" The ref tutoring system is not a bad shout, given our previous attempt died mostly due to my laziness rather than any issue with the idea itself. I'd say we don't want too much in the way of other methods of gaining SP, though, because refs are the majpr thing we are constantly in need of (and we periodically lack).
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:49 PM   #59
Mercutio
Banned

To an extent those are the same question, yes,
Old 09-08-2014, 01:52 PM   #60
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Personally tutoring does work, but the system.needs to be tight knit and the owners can't be lazy, etc. Etc.

I also know we get SP at times for grunt work, but that generally turns to a few small projects now. We have stuff like Member of the Month and so forth....

Basically there should be a way for those of us who find it hard to fit Reffing in to get SP, but not in a way that you can basically farm it. Reffing is one of the main aspects of the league, so making something that makes it irrelavent would basically kill the league.

Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:54 PM   #61
Sneaze
#SWAG

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Honestly when Kush was shelling out SP in small amounts in order to get people to compile lists and things for him was probably the most active I've ever seen most of the League in being proactive to making things better.

Things that the LOs can easily do themselves? Sure. Things that normal members are perfectly capable of messing up and thus require checking by the LOs? Of course. But I'm spitballing here and just giving an example of something that could work if properly refined.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:00 PM   #62
Mercutio
Banned

Being totally honest the other LOs are not proactive or collaborative enough to do that kind of thing without being prodded and asked, and being prodded and asked will just irritate them enough to not make the idea work.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:20 PM   #63
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

I went to first unread instead of last post. whoops.

Spoiler: show
[The Sorcerer's Ambition]A handy link, to be sure.
Level Acquisitions, sorted by level instead of name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Shuckle's awesomeness level continues to rise.

Last edited by Shuckle; 09-08-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Shuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:21 PM   #64
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
...the 48hr and weekly bonuses don't stack. It's one or the other.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:21 PM   #65
Stealthy
A New and Original Person

Shuckle. We're trying to be semi-serious in this thread. Cut it out.
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:22 PM   #66
Mercutio
Banned

Yes ok Shuckle thanks your joke was funny etc. Please take it to TO.

So ok but what about stuff that helps the league in other ways?
Old 09-08-2014, 04:14 PM   #67
rotomotorz
Careful on the "goods"

Can the Referee badge not be so costly?
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:17 PM   #68
Sneaze
#SWAG

You do realize it used to be 75 SP?

It's not cost that's the issue with the Referee Badge. Frankly it's a Badge and therefore needs to cost a bit anyway. The problem is that it desperately needs reworked to be better. The current write-up is certainly better than it was before, but it's still by no means worth purchasing.

Quote:
Old 09-08-2014, 11:58 PM   #69
Slash
Poison Jam

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
I think there should be small sales a little more frequently, like maybe once a month, a weekend where type tokens go for 3 SP instead of five, for example. Make the items more accessible to the lower-income crowd, so to speak.

I also think the Reffing Badge should be cheaper and be the Reffing Token (and let all who have bought it as a Badge get a full refund for what they paid).

I also feel that, to make Tokens more accessible to the newer crowd, especially those who have not yet had the opportunity to become a ref yet (as it takes two full matches and awaiting a ref app rating which itself could take a month or three), like the free Mega Token, all trainers be able to obtain one free type token as well. The same rules on trading in the free Mega Token would apply. This would allow a little bit more universal access to Tokens, help defend against the assertions that token culture has created a ref-to-win inherent nature in ASB, and help encourage Tokens as an aspect of standard play.
As may be expected though, our clear winner here was Kairne, ASB's champion of prioritizing the pokemon you like over those that are objectively better. I mean, one of his mains is a Watchog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezey12 View Post
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.
Leader of the "Stop Screwing Over Smeargle" Brigade

ASB
Art by Kairne
ASB
[URL="http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=4387"]
Daisy Art:

Battlecuts courtesy of DaisyInari

Random stuffs:

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:18 AM   #70
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezey12 View Post
Yeah, frankly knowing a sale is coming up is going to cause people to really churn out reffings in hopes of having a stockpile of SP to spend, but if you tell them exactly what the sale contains, they might not be overly interested and it won't achieve said effect.
Exactly. Don't tell us what the sale entails but please give us advanced and specific notice that a sale is indeed coming. That would help us avoid doing stupid things like blowing a tonne of SP on squad slots, two weeks before a sale appears. And the refund rate means that some of us miss out on the sale, when we could've reffed more prolifically and stocked up for the sale. ^___^
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:08 AM   #71
Connor
Who Knows?

Could we either make events in which Mega Stones go on sale more frequent, or permanently reduce the cost of the Mega Stones? I understand they provide an immense boon and I'm assuming the current price is to bring them in line with permanent uplevel slots, I just find 20 SP is actually a considerable amount of SP to be spending on something which functions like a token for all intents and purposes, removing the possibility of placing a badge on your Pokemon.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:33 AM   #72
Lanturn
Just keep swimming x2

Not sure if relevant but it's about reffing so I've kind of wanted to share this. Can we get better bonuses for reffing matches with longer specs? A 6v6 earns 12 SPs, which is exactly the same as a 6 2v2 in terms of SP earnings, and given how shorter matches tend took take a shorter time average (not exactly sure on this one), it seems kind of... unbalanced? I mean I'm fine with the system right now but there probably should be something that makes taking a 4v4 equally attractive as a ref taking a 2v2, because I don't think it's the case right now. I'm guilty of this so =p

Also longer duration = more chances to lose the bonus which can be offputting in a choice of "2v2 that will possibly go fast, and if I get three of it I get the same as a 6v6 that will most likely go slower". Especially if you're the type whose enthusiasm goes down the drain when bonus is lost. It'd be pretty frustrating to ref 20+ rounds every 48 hours round, only to slip up in one of the last few days in terms of bonus keeping, thus going from x2 -> x1.25.

Just throwing my two cents. Or one cent. Or half.

[Current WF Adventure]
(lol totally should update these links)
Lanturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:36 AM   #73
Sneaze
#SWAG

Similarly, once again putting forward the idea that Doubles matches should get the same 1.25x bonus as Gym matches. Yes, you get your SP faster in them, but they are a right pain in the arse to ref to the point where it kinda outweighs that benefit, and this would help alleviate that and allow people to do doubles more frequently and still be able to find a ref that doesn't end up groaning the whole way through.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #74
Mercutio
Banned

Personally I don't buy that doubles suggestion at all, but the enhanced boost for longr matches could be something to look at.

On Megas, I think we probably want to tweak how they work. Part of that will probably be pushing Mawile up the levels because having only one Mega evolver be available at TL2 is a hugely terrible idea. I'd be down with making them cheaper and also with giving people more of them as they go up the levels. Although it smacks of corruption for me to be saying this I do think we need to make going up a Trainer Level mean more than just having new Pokémon. Giving people another Mega Stone at TLX and giving them free tokens every now and then is probably a good call for reasons that others have brought up.

Ok, let's segue nicely on to items. Obviously many existing items are a bit shit, but what about potential new items? We've got historic badges in the pipeline to come back in a refined way, what else would you like to see and why?
Old 09-10-2014, 02:40 PM   #75
Connor
Who Knows?

Would make the obligatory argument of Mega Pinsir/Heracross being available, but then that makes me a terrible person because they see so very little use.

A tweak to the Referee Badge which bestows additional SP bonus would be nice. Have retaining your bonus be the main issue, sure, but if you manage to retain it throughout all 48 hours, maybe it could give you an additional bonus? Shifting your multiplier up from x2 to x2.25 even would be a great boon and may actually make it worthwhile.

A revamp to the Type Tokens to make them fall in line with SC boosts might be nice. Dealing x1.1 damage for no additional energy would actually make those tokens worthwhile, and I'll hold my hands up and say that on first glance I wasn't aware of the additional energy clause, and that put me off them entirely.

Would absolutely get behind the rewrite to the Historic Badges to see them come back in a meaningful way.

Somewhat tempted to ask for a Scholar-esque Badge which functions on existing, active badges, but do not imagine you would go for this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries