Boulder Badge

Steelix UPN PASBL: S_o_S vs. Machamp-X

4v4 Singles
Equiall 2
Slappy
48 hr DQ
Switch = KO
Lawn Arena

Time to crush some dreams. In case you aren't familiar with the order by now...

S_o_S will display their squad of 6.
Machamp will display a squad and send out their first Pokemon.
S_o_S sends out a Pokemon and gives attack orders.
Machamp orders
I ref. Then the order switches.

Let's begin.

My Squad and Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
wat skool
Quote:
Originally Posted by The O View Post
wat skool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairne View Post
wat skool

Last edited by The O; 09-04-2014 at 07:52 PM.
The O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:09 PM   #2
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

Challenger squads first. That's me. Let's see...

1. Jynx, "Chanteuse", (F), level 3 (uplevel)
Biography: Chanteuse belonged to a small troupe of performers, and she was their star dancer, as well as backup vocalist in many cases. But she longed for the spotlight and centre stage with her beautiful voice, feeling that her cuteness as a Smoochum and later beauty as a Jynx placed her above the rest of her troupe. This attitude got her booted to the kerb, where she happened upon SoS, performing with Theatric at the time. Joining in their performance earned her rapturous applause, and she blew kisses to the crowd... Unfortunately, the passion she put into these kisses turned out to be a little fiery, leading to the trio being run out of town as arsonists. But nevertheless, a lifelong friend and performer was made.
Signature: Special Training - Passionate Kiss
Chanteuse's kissing moves now take considerable energy to perform due to the immense amount of effort and passion in each and every one, but this passion manifests itself in fire energy. Each kiss is now half Fire energy and can deal Fire type damage as a result. The shock of these kisses allow them to inflict paralysis, but only if Chanteuse makes direct contact.
Hidden Power: Ground

2. Hitmonchan, "Irishman", (M), level 2
Biography: Irishman is known for three things. Chronic alcoholism, remarkable jigging ability, and hating the English, especially Connor. He was encountered when SoS took a trip to his local watering hole, only for the Hitmonchan to have come down from the mountains after stealing the booze of some campers and wanting more. When the bartender refused to serve the Pokémon, he went berserk, starting a bar brawl, which SoS brought to a close by cracking a pool cue on his head. This somehow earned him the boxer's respect, and they split a Guinness in celebration. As it happens, the black stuff has a profound effect on Pokémon biology however, and Irishman learned the power of ranged fighting.
Signature: Special Training - Shadow Boxing
Irishman now has the ability to launch some of his energy-based punching moves as projectiles; specifically Fire, Thunder, Ice, Drain and Dynamic Punch. However, these ranged attacks are not affected by the boosted strength of Irishman's punching attacks as defined in his species characteristic and cost an extra minor in energy to be used in this fashion, though at close range, they function as normal. However, as a consequence, he has forgotten how to use Focus Blast and kicking moves completely.
Hidden Power: Fighting

3. Staryu, "Gem" (N), level 2
Biography: TBC
Signature: TBC
Hidden Power: Ground

4. Volbeat, "Reid" (M), level 2
Hidden Power: TBC

5. Bouffalant, "Desperado" (M), level 2
Biography: This rough, tough, western buffalo is most known for his constant chewing of pebbles. SoS is yet to tell him that the cowboys of old chewed tobacco, rather than stones, but this is arguably better for his teeth anyway. Zing. From the plains of a land known as Yupien, Desperado, rather than living as part of a horde, travelled around alone, attempting to solve the problems of the plains. But no man is an island, and it's no different for Bouffalant. Desperado proved to be somewhat inept on his own, leading to his being captured while alone by SoS. As part of his "crack squad", he has come to serve as one of the heavy hitters and a powerful force to be reckoned with, known for particularly with his ability to aim precisely at a target and spit one of his chewed pebbles for spectacular effect.
Signature: Special Training - The Enemy is Your Spittoon Now
Desperado can now use Smack Down and has the required offtype energy to do so up to three times per match by spitting a pebble at his opponent.
Hidden Power: Flying

6. Pinsir, "Grit" (M), level 2
Hidden Power: TBC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Son_of_Shadows is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:02 PM   #3
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Felix the Male Aerodactyl HP Grass

The Champ the uplevel Male Machoke HP Dark

Female Feebas HP Ground

Jenna the Female Mawile HP Ground

Cath the Magnemite HP Water

Flora the Female Floette HP Ground

Sig: Sunblast
Flora has infinite Fire energy, and has gained Flamethrower, Fire Spin and Fire Blast.

Flora only retains enough grass energy for two Petal Blizzards.

Flora loses Moonblast.

Good luck, SoS, thanks, O.

In, Jenna.

Last edited by Chalis; 09-04-2014 at 06:52 AM.
Chalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:47 PM   #4
The O
Boulder Badge

Whoa, k. Forget everything. I did that backwards. '

Sorry about that, but you guys didn't notice. Right? Right. You did it in the right order anyway.

My Squad and Stats

Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Old 09-03-2014, 01:54 PM   #5
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

Oh another fucking Mawile?! That's it, I am going on a personal crusade against these fuckers.

Irishman, front and centre!

Ranged Dynamic Punches, on the double!
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 09-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #6
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Use your natural Fairy's affinity for terrain moves to get off a quick Misty Terrain before the first move preferrably, then Play Rough all over the foe. If you get confused, however, replace either with Psych Up.

Last edited by Chalis; 09-03-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:20 PM   #7
The O
Boulder Badge

Round 1: That's not a Scott!

(Just so you know, Machamp, your Aerodactyl is a level 3 Pokemon, and having it in with Machoke is going to give both of them a chance to disobey.

Also, let the records show that I had a Mawile before all of its Gen 6 benefits because I like Mawile. If anyone has a problem with that, prepare to die.)

Here we are, in the ASB backyard with two trainers I'm unfamiliar with. Such is life.

From Son_of_Shadows(Easily the edgiest name on the forum) we see a Son of Kanto emerge from its Pokeball. With what could easily be a drunken glint in his eye, the Hitmonchan known as Irishman, shows off with a flurry of punches as it awaits its opponent. Looks like he skipped leg day though. Hopefully his footwork can compensate for his lack of any damaging kicking moves.

Machamp-X(another ASBer named after a Pokemon, but I'm sure that his name has nothing to do with what his favorite Pokemon is) responds by releasing one of my favorite Steel types, and currently my favorite Fairy type. A Mawile named Jenna appears on the field and stands sideways while facing her opponent. With a careful eye on the fighter, she has her metal jaw at the ready to strike.

Orders are volleyed, and the battle has begun!

Quick on the draw and with first order priorities, the skilled fighter has no trouble with winding back his energy-coated fist and thrusting it forward with immense power. The glowing sphere rockets through the air and explodes in Jenna's face before she has much of a chance to react. The Mawile is knocked back slightly and lands on her ass! Before bothering to get up, she decides that now is a great time to carry out her first orders and pump some Fairy magic into the earth. A soft, pink mist appears from the ground and coats the battlefield. Both combatants suddenly begin to feel healthier than normal; it'll probably be tough to affect their bodies or minds with any adverse conditions for a while.

Instead of worrying about the new environment, Irishman still seems pretty set in wrecking his opponent's shit. The Hitmonchan repeats his first move and fires another shell of fighting spirit from his fist; it has the same concussive effect from before, but Jenna isn't sent as far back this time. Finally, the Mawile gets to her feet and decides to unleash her own assault.

...But it looks like she's just playing around? With her fists...and jaw. There doesn't appear to be a lot of malice in the attack, but the fighter doesn't seem to be enjoying himself either. Overall, he looks pretty roughed up after the scuffle is over.

Both Pokemon are still pretty fresh, and there's no clear lead yet. They're within spitting distance of each other: a mere 5 feet away after the last attack.

Orders from Machamp.

My Squad and Stats

Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Old 09-03-2014, 07:52 PM   #8
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Typespam! Play Rough twice, replacing either with Fairy Wind if you are Tormented.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #9
Chalis
Activating Rampage

It isn't an uplevel however, (as I'm actually TL3) so disobedience shouldn't occur.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:11 PM   #10
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

Fake Out before you Direct Contact Earthquake her into the ground.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 09-03-2014, 10:40 PM   #11
The O
Boulder Badge

Round 2: More Roughhousing

The air is tense and the combatants are in close proximity! With a desire to further pray on her foe's weakness, Jenna attempts to close the gap for more "play-time".

Irishman seems tired of these games though, and quickly bops her in the face! The Hitmonchan seems pretty proud of himself as a smug grin forms on his mug. Stunned, and somewhat angry about the interruption, the Mawile goes in one more time. Again, she attacks her opponent pretty viciously but...not viciously? The hits are quite solid to be sure, but there appears to be a lighthearted look in the sequence of attacks. Creepy.

Though the fighter almost seems hesitant to carry out his next orders as surely as he usually would, he figures that this must be some sort of a ploy. Sorry, Doll. Terakinetic energy builds up in his fist before he plows it into her gut for a strong blow! Jeez, that's got to hurt.

Neither combatants used as much energy as they did in the first round, so they won't really need a break right away. However, both have taken fairly tough beatings so far. There's still no definite lead as far as health or stamina goes, but Irishman seems to be breathing a bit harder than Jenna. Proximity hasn't really changed.

S_o_S's orders.

My Squad and Stats

Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Old 09-04-2014, 03:11 AM   #12
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Since it's only the second round, do you give me permission to edit my Floette sig in, SoS? I forgot to add it at first. I promise not to do anything shady.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:29 AM   #13
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

Fine, if you must.

Trip her with Low Sweep and back off, firing a Ranged Fire Punch to keep her back.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 09-04-2014, 07:02 AM   #14
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Thanks, SoS.

Heh. It's a bit tired. Your short legs shouldn't give in so easily.

Stop Fire Punch with a Grass Knot to stop Irishman's retreat. Play Rough afterwards, try to get on top.

Last edited by Chalis; 09-04-2014 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:19 PM   #15
The O
Boulder Badge

Round 3: Forgetting Your Roots

Irishman is ready...he's ready to kick ass. He hears his orders...

He turns around and looks at S_o_S...

S_o_S looks back...

Irishman looks deeper...

S_o_S looks deeper still...until Irishman questions his trainer's orders.

"What is Low Sweep?"

Seems that S_o_S forgot that in order to learn his projectile punches, the Hitmonchan ditched any kicking moves...or forgot about them after too much booze.

With that in mind, he simply decides to leap back and attempt to fire off another elemental shell of energy at his opponent. Unfortunately, he seems to be aiming at the sky now, as thick strands of glowing grass catch his feet. With a small thud, Irishman hits the ground and seems a bit stunned by the trick as a smaller white hot spark shoots harmlessly into the air.

Suddenly Jenna is on top of him and decides to take charge. (Don't look at me like that, you perverts.)

With another cheery barrage, she smacks the fighter around for quite a bit of damage without dropping her benevolent facade. It doesn't look like he's fooled this time either, though. Irishman should have no trouble knocking her off next round, since she weighs next to nothing in comparison.

Finally, it seems pretty clear who's in the lead as far as health goes. Irishman is on his last legs and nearing critical reaches in that regard. While both Pokemon have an energy tie, Irishman has enough Fire energy left for another Fire Punch and a weaker one. Also a weaker Earthquake because I forgot to add that in earlier. The Mawile has enough Grass energy left for a weak Solar Beam or two more Grass Knots. Jenna's on top of Irishman but it shouldn't be hard to knock her off.

Orders from Machamp.

My Squad and Stats

Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Old 09-04-2014, 01:32 PM   #16
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

Sweeps are kicks now?

Also fuck.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 09-04-2014, 01:40 PM   #17
The O
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Sweeps are kicks now?

Also fuck.
"Low Sweep (FT) -- The user kicks at the opponent in its lower areas, usually the legs, dealing good damage and possibly making movement more difficult."

My Squad and Stats

Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Old 09-04-2014, 01:45 PM   #18
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

Blaze has lied to me again.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 09-04-2014, 02:33 PM   #19
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Play Rough twice, swapping either for Fairy Wind if you are Tormented. Creativity!
Old 09-04-2014, 02:57 PM   #20
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

FUCK MAWILE

Dynamic Punch her off you to prevent the first play, since she should be fairly tired now, and then Bulldoze to disrupt the second.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future

Last edited by Son_of_Shadows; 09-04-2014 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:02 PM   #21
Chalis
Activating Rampage

I'm not a great fan of it either, but it's a Fairy!
Old 09-04-2014, 07:11 PM   #22
The O
Boulder Badge

Round 4: Blaming it on Mawile

(>Not a big fan of a Pokemon on your squad
>It's a fairy though

You're making the legitimate Mawile fans look bad. e_e)

This is the part where people start hating me.

Thanks to interrupted/unknown moves last round, Irishman is fresh as an Amazee Daizee and utterly slobber-knocks his opponent in the jaw with a concussive explosion ringing out on impact. Jenna flies about a foot into the air before landing relatively lightly upon the ground again. She seems to be struggling to get up...

When she finally does she looks a bit woozy and can't quite figure out where she is. The magical fairy mist failing to protect her as she didn't have direct contact with the ground.

With no move to interrupt, Irishman doesn't carry out his contingency orders. He still looks pretty damn happy with himself.

Both Pokemon are looking really tired and battered at this point. While it was clear Jenna had an overall energy lead earlier, it's difficult to tell who's doing worse as far as health is concerned; it is clear that both Pokemon are nearing critical. Irishman was glad to avoid damage this round, but Jenna didn't use any energy! Jenna is very befuddled and will probably take a pretty hard hit if she can't shake it off herself. The combatants are still in striking distance of each other.

Son_of_Shadows, you're up.

My Squad and Stats

Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Old 09-04-2014, 07:29 PM   #23
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

Mawile has actual fans? ... Kaaay.

Smash her with a Direct Contact Earthquake and a Fire Punch!
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 09-05-2014, 04:31 AM   #24
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Welp I thought Misty Terrain would cure it.

Let EQ break you out of confusion, then Play Rough. Immediately put up a Protect to stop the Fire Punch, only before Fire Punch is used. Play Rough. Might be 3.

I like Mawile, just don't love it like I do Florges or Togetic.

Last edited by Chalis; 09-05-2014 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #25
The O
Boulder Badge

Round 5: Cornered!

(Misty Terrain prevents status ailments when its conditions are met, but it doesn't heal them.)

Smug satisfaction spreads across Irishman's face as he looks at his ailing opponent for a moment before rushing her down. Another mass of terrakinetic energy forms in his fists before he draws back and drives it into her face with similar results.

This time it seems Jenna is growling in pain though. The facade seems to be coming down. She charges again and starts...playing with Irishman...but it's starting to look more and more like an all-out assault than a game. At the end of altercation, both Pokemon seem pretty tired...

Unfortunately for Jenna, the Hitmonchan is able to set his fist ablaze and clean her clock one last time before she has a chance to put up any sort of defense.

Jenna is unable to battle! Next Pokemon and orders from Machamp-x!

Irishman is in critical condition and looking pretty tired. He likely won't be able to handle another strong hit. Type energy is the least of his worries right now, but he's completely out of Ground energy. He still has enough Fire left for another punch though, maybe a weaker one after that.

My Squad and Stats

Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool
Quote:
wat skool

Lower Navigation