UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 10:23 AM   #26
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

It's possible they're saying it can both fly with it's wings and levitate, like Togetic.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:14 PM   #27
Mercutio
Banned

It's not a typo.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:31 PM   #28
Zelphon
Happy October

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
But it's clearly been shown to fly:
Spoiler: show

And an LO already said it flies: http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost...&postcount=914

It seems weird to change one of it's modes of transportation seemingly without reason.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:47 PM   #29
Red Panda
donk

Levitating is better than flying, I wouldn't question it.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:17 PM   #30
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
Yeah, as we discussed on Skype with Jeri and Dave, Lopunny probably doesn't need full familiarity. Giving her fauxmilliarity and higher jumping (like the Blaziken line) would be enough, since her Mega will want increased punching/kicking abilities and quicker speed/agility.

Something like:

Quote:
Lopunny (Normal): Lopunny are exceptional jumpers and can leap up to three times their head height. They can use their ears in attacks, allowing them to extend their range for physical attacks. Their Charm, Attract, and similar attacks are more effective than normal. Regarding their Fighting off-type, they do not suffer from the Normal-type Species Characteristic of possessing slightly less type energy.
I know that Kush made a good point that we shouldn't give Lopunny full fighting familiarity and that this is a matter of refs doing the right thing, and I agree. However, some refs will take things literally, refusing to give Buneary and Lopunny any more Fighting energy than an Ursaring, and placing a sentence like the one above would evince the point so that they cannot misinterpret it. This way, everybody can see that Buneary and Lopunny should be reffed with fauxmilliarity. Also, giving them a Blaziken-esque jumping ability would enable them to attack higher-up Pokemon and mitigate the lack of Fighting familiarity.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:50 PM   #31
Stealthy
A New and Original Person

I'd rather we not try to define and nail down all the fauxmiliarities in writing. If your ref is not giving Lopunny extra fighting energy then you should correct them. It's a classic example of what fauxmiliarity is.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:54 PM   #32
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthy View Post
I'd rather we not try to define and nail down all the fauxmiliarities in writing. If your ref is not giving Lopunny extra fighting energy then you should correct them. It's a classic example of what fauxmiliarity is.
Normally, I'd agree, but fauxmilliarity tends not to apply for Normal-types (barring Porygon and Electric) due to the nerf. This is the only case where I'd probably specify that Lopunny should probably receive, as Jeri pointed out, more Fighting energy than Exploud or Ursaring, due to her Mega and her Fighting concept.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:10 PM   #33
Mercutio
Banned

Mate if your ref isn't giving Lopunny fauxmiliarity then that's their right. I think they're wrong but you guys keep going bawwww we want freedom to do whatever we want and at some point you sort of have to take that policy and deal with it yourselves.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:55 PM   #34
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Mate if your ref isn't giving Lopunny fauxmiliarity then that's their right. I think they're wrong but you guys keep going bawwww we want freedom to do whatever we want and at some point you sort of have to take that policy and deal with it yourselves.
Sounds fair. While I do think that codifying officially that Lopunny has more Fighting offtype than Exploud would be beneficial, I also acknowledge the points that you and the other League Officials are asserting. Your arguments do make sense, and I'll defer to your authority. Although I'll drop this issue, please do note that the Slippery Slope argument is rather tenuous regarding Lopunny's case. Unlike Ampharos whose Mega is a joke and based on a pun anyway, Lopunny and her Mega are clearly Fighting oriented. Giving Pokemon like Gyarados, Charizard, Altaria, and Lopunny Fauxmilliarity or even Familiarity if their Mega Form involves a type-change might be a fair policy. As Jerichi said, Ampharos can be the one exception, but the Dragon type-change was only a joke based on a Japanese pun anyway. All the others do possess moves of their Mega's type.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:00 PM   #35
Slash
Poison Jam

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Pinsir
Old 08-29-2014, 08:04 PM   #36
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Charizard gets more Dragon energy anyway. Gyarados gets two Dark attacks (Dark Pulse and Payback) which is equal to Ampharos (Outrage and Dragon Pulse), while as Kairne points out Pinsir gets no Flying attacks whatsoever. There's no hard and fast rule on Pokémon capable of Mega Evolving. And as I've said many many many times, Fighting is like the one exception when it comes to boosted type energy through number of moves learned.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:10 PM   #37
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Charizard gets more Dragon energy anyway. Gyarados gets two Dark attacks (Dark Pulse and Payback) which is equal to Ampharos (Outrage and Dragon Pulse), while as Kairne points out Pinsir gets no Flying attacks whatsoever. There's no hard and fast rule on Pokémon capable of Mega Evolving. And as I've said many many many times, Fighting is like the one exception when it comes to boosted type energy through number of moves learned.
Gyarados doesn't receive Crunch? Herpa derp.

Anyway, I've been rebutted. I concede. xP Thanks for taking the time to explain things for me. ^____^
Old 08-30-2014, 02:34 AM   #38
Slash
Poison Jam

Actually it does get Fury Attack, which is now Flying. But that's it.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:44 AM   #39
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

...no it... isn't?
Old 08-30-2014, 05:50 AM   #40
Slash
Poison Jam

Fury Attack (FL) -- The user rushes the opponent and throws an assault of 3-5 hard beak or horn stabs, each hitting for light damage for equivalent energy.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:00 AM   #41
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Jeri, what did you do.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:06 AM   #42
Slash
Poison Jam

Pretty sure you were there that day. I seem to recall you having input on some of the other multi-hits like Bullet Seed and Arm Thrust.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:18 PM   #43
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

An idea just struck me while I was decanting fluids in the laboratory. An interesting and subtle theme for the Oddish line.

Quote:
Vileplume (Grass/Poison): Vileplume’s heads are heavy, making movement harder for them. They smell absolutely horrible. Any Pokémon within five feet of them have a 20% chance of flinching and Pokémon within three feet will experience blurred vision and a slight reduction in attack and special attack. Inorganic Pokémon and members of the Oddish line are unaffected but Pokémon with sensitive smell will be more heavily affected. They can see in the dark.

Bellossom (Grass): Bellossom are talented dancers and any dancing attack is more effective. The sun provides them with more of a boost than other Grass-types. Bellossom have a calming smell. Any Pokémon within five feet who smell it will have their offensive stats reduced significantly. Inorganic Pokémon and members of the Oddish line are unaffected but Pokémon with sensitive smell will be more heavily affected. It can see in the dark.
If Bellosom is themed after the sun, does that mean Vileplume is patterned after the moon? Further evidence provides credence to this theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexEntries for Oddish

Gold: Awakened by moonlight, it roams actively at night. In the day it stays quietly underground.
Silver: If exposed to moonlight, it starts to move. It roams far and wide at night to scatter its seeds.
Crystal: During the day, it stays in the cold underground to avoid the sun. It grows by bathing in moonlight.
Stadium 2: Awakened by moonlight, it roams actively at night. In the day, it stays quietly underground.
FireRed: Its scientific name is "Oddium Wanderus." At night, it is said to walk nearly 1,000 feet on its two roots.
Diamond/Pearl: It often plants its root feet in the ground during the day and sows seeds as it walks about at night.
Oddish learns Moonlight via Level up at Lv33. Gloom learns Moonlight via Level up at Lv41. And strikingly, Karen has a Vileplume in nearly all of games, as part of her "Night/Darkness" team, which implies that Vileplume is very much nocturnal. Her Vileplume actually has Moonlight as a move, I believe.

What I propose is that Vileplume/Gloom/Oddish receive some sort of boost under natural moonlight, due to their nocturnal characteristics. Perhaps Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume are more "enthusiastic" when exposed to moonlight and passively regain energy when exposed to the moon. After all, the canon evidence points to suggest that if Bellossom enjoys sunlight, Vileplume is more active at night. And energy regeneration under moonlight would help.

Also, perhaps Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume do not need to use Fairy type-energy when they use Moonlight. If that is an element of their SC, they wouldn't have to waste precious Fairy energy that they could use for Dazzling Gleam.

Thoughts? It'd improve the Vileplume line and draw an interesting parallelism to Bellossom. Please let me know if you think that I'm just sniffing the crack or something. ^____^;;
Old 09-03-2014, 08:13 PM   #44
Zelphon
Happy October

So I realize Banette already has a pretty good SC but for the sake of sense making could we have it labeled as inorganic? I ask this because it's a possessed doll.

I know it wouldn't have any real effect since being a ghost type has largely the same effect as inorganic but still.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:18 PM   #45
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Ummm.

I'm honestly not sure what purpose that would serve.

Quote:
Zelphon - Today at 5:29 AM
If the current political climate has taught me anything
It's that a purge via gay witches may very well be necessary
Old 09-03-2014, 08:19 PM   #46
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

All Ghosts are pretty much inorganic unless specifically noted in their SC.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:21 PM   #47
Zelphon
Happy October

The benefits of Ghost/Inorganic are practically mirrored but it is a technicality that makes sense and while it probably shouldn't matter to much some signatures do have additional or specifically targeted effects for Inorganic pokemon.

Plus in the event someone tries to create an inorganic gym or some sort, Banette would thereby qualify for being apart of it.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:31 PM   #48
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

It doesn't really need to be specified. If your ref doesn't have that much common sense than I truly feel for you and if your opponent doesn't why do you care?

Quote:
Old 09-03-2014, 08:33 PM   #49
Zelphon
Happy October

I wasn't aware you allowed to logic your way into allowing something that wouldn't ordinarily work on something...well work on something.

In other words have an inorganic targeting sig effect a pokemon not specified as being inorganic.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:34 PM   #50
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Inorganic Pokemon can't be poisoned. Ghosts (except the ones noted in SC) cannot be poisoned.

It's not logic its common sense.

Quote:
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries