Zelphon(c) vs Trot Away (a)
3v3
Singles
Equilevel 1
Slapstick
36 Hour DQ - Strict
Switch = KO
Arena: Forest
You should both know the drill! Squad in, Zelphon.

Allons-y!
Old 08-08-2014, 06:27 PM   #2
Zelphon
Frigid Memer

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Thank you Connor! Good luck Trot!

Kusto: Grovyle - 2 Male
HP: Ground

Statisa: Joltik - 2 Female
HP: Fire

Bruce: Hitmonlee - 2 Male
Biography: Like all Hitmonlee Bruce is endowed with great kicking prowess, however his desire to master the art of his kind has brought him into unusual territory. On one occasion Bruce decided that he would study how his species's counterpart Hitmonchan fought & in the process learned some new tricks which he then worked into his kicking technique.
Special Training: Enter the Movie Pun
Bruce has learned Thunder Punch & Ice Punch with the off type energy to use both twice per battle and may in addition to Mach Punch performs these attacks as kicks rather then punches.
Bruce has forgotten Focus Punch & High Jump Kick.
HP: Dark

Spunk: Grumpig - 3 Female (Uplevel)
HP: Fighting

Lukna: Zorua - 2 Female
HP: Bug

Flux: Shinx - 2 Male
HP: Ice

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:53 PM   #3
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Likewise, Zelphon! I tried being very careful choosing my pokemon, but here goes nothing, I choose you six!

Samy - Minccino, Male, Level 1
Bio: Samy is my best friend, ever since I found him when I stumbled upon him in a hidden grove someplace in I-forgot-where. He is an upbeat chap who is always cheering me up when I am down and watching my back, even when I think I don't need it. He has a wondrous amount of talent,(and can talk too!) and is always open to learn new things. To be honest, if it weren't for him, I wouldn't have the optimism I have now, much less confidence! Together, we go on and do all kinds of adventures and explorations.

Signature Tech:
Spoiler: show
Anyway, Me and Samy were taking a rest one day. I was reading a book when a thieving Swellow swooped in and stole it! It flew into it's nest in a tree. We both tried to climb up, but the bird threw various stolen goods on top of us and to mock us and keep us grounded. It didn't help either that it rained the other day, and the ground was riddled with mud. Needless to say, that made Samy especially uncomfortable...This went on for a few good hours, don't ask why...It wasn't until Tilda, one of my other pokemon, flew up and nimbly struck the thief silly. After being subject to a good scolding, the Swellow laid off and Tilda threw the book out of the nest for us to catch. Samy, having an idea, quick-wittingly springs off his own tail and leaps up above my head and catches the book. It was an amazing occurrence...until he landed face-first into some mud again. He got so used to mud in his face, he simply did not care anymore...

Later that day, Samy was inspired to talk to Tilda about being more nimble and finesse like her. She happily agreed to help and take him under her wing (no pun intended). She was able to teach him various tricks on how to dart and dash in short time, fighting against the wind, and even using the air around him and use it against an opponent. He was very proud of is progress, so he thanked Tilda and continued to practice himself. He's still getting the hang of it, but I saw him hop through treetops like some sort of Parkour expert! Oh, and that trick he pulled to catch my book? He's been doing that more often too. I wondered how he got on our roof that night...
Special Training: Flighty Fleet-Footed Furball(Flying)
Samy has learned to be more lightfooted and nimble. Because of this, he is less likely to be pinned down or slowed, and is able to execute moves that take time to use slightly quicker. With help from his friend and practice, he can now use the moves Acrobatics, Arial Ace, Air Cutter, and also Bounce. These moves have a mild boost in power and energy cost. He also now has as much Flying type energy as a Water type has Ice type energy. Thanks to that silly ordeal, he also no longer worries about getting filthy either, but no longer gains an attack boost from such. He is too distracted focusing mostly on his own finesse, so he forgot the moves Toxic, Attract, Thunder Wave, Last Resort, Sing, and Flail.

Petunia - Stunky, Female, Level 1

Tilda - Murkrow, Female, Level 1

Junior - Growlithe, Male, Level 1

Lucy - Mawile, Female, Level 2 (uplevel)
Bio: Lucy is a high strung, but demure lass. She is also a tad defensive...She'll (literally) snap at anyone she thinks can't be trusted. Although me and my pokemon mates seem to be the rare exception, where she is more open. I hope I can someday gain the ability to further coax her out of her shell...but for now, I'm taking things slow and letting her keep up on her own will.

Taffy - Goomy, Male, Level 1

Ok, Taffy, you're up first! Be careful, they are really tough!
Trot Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:01 PM   #4
Zelphon
Frigid Memer

Bruce show that glob of goo who is the real dragon!

Use Mach Kick & follow it up with a Mega Kick!

Old 08-08-2014, 07:11 PM   #5
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Yikes! I gotta stay calm. Taffy, Bide your time and soak up those attacks...then return to sender!
Old 08-08-2014, 08:37 PM   #6
Connor
Who Knows?

The sun gingerly pokes through the small crevices within the tree canopy, the forest becoming bathed in a gentle verdant glow by the glowing rays. Dew clings to individual blades of grass, gradually trickling off and bathing the undergrowth in a glistening diamond show, each tiny drop reflecting the light shining upon it. Abruptly, the cracking noise of twigs breaking underfoot rings through the trees, crushing the previous silence and causing the Forest to become awash with activity. Pokemon flee in every direction as to lone figures break through the thick undergrowth, their fatigued bodies suddenly becoming invigorated as they locks eyes, the battle initiated.

With a flourish, the first trainer to have broken into the small clearing grabs an orb from his belt, hurling the orb skywards. It spins rapidly, the rotations quickening as the orb reaches the apex of it's climb, before a soft clink commemorates the opening of the capsule. Red energy gushes from the innards of the device, the flaring flash burning throughout the immediate surroundings. As the light dies, a simply figure stands to attention, and Taffy looks at the opposing trainer with an inquisitive look on her face, wondering who her opponent will be. Quickly answered, the Goomy is taken aback as a much larger figure looms over her, Bruce's eyes narrowed as he considers the small Goomy before him.

Bruce towers over his diminutive foe, his entire body brimming with fighting potential. Slowly drawing his body low to the ground, he raises his right leg high into the air, allowing a thin layer of Fighting- type energy to consume the entire length of the extendable appendage. Taking neat aim, he watches on as Taffy begins to emanate a red aura all around his body, the Goomy trembling as it takes hold of his skin. The action causes Bruce to pause for a brief second, before the Hitmonlee makes his decision. With a roar of air, he rushes forwards with an incredible speed, his entire weight forced behind the strike. Momentum sends him barreling foot first with a vicious speed into the body of Taffy, and while the Goomy grunts from the sudden impact, it is evident that his gelatinous body buffers the impact force somewhat.

Leaping backwards, clearly fearing imminent retaliation, Bruce considers Taffy with a bemused look as the Goomy simply continues to shine with a faint red aura, having remained entirely still. Sighing, the Hitmonlee once again raises his right leg, this time concentrating as the entire limb becomes consumed with a roiling white light. Taking accurate aim, he brings his leg arcing backwards, before propelling it forwards with a crescent trajectory. The strike slams into the side of Taffy's body, the Goomy repressing a shocked cry of pain, but in that split second a grin snakes onto the face of the tiny Dragon. Without warning, the entire air cracks, the energy surrounding Taffy condensing into a single, concentrated point. With a chuckling screech, the energy rockets forwards, crashing headlong into Bruce and slamming him into a nearby tree, the Hitmonlee going limp with shocked as he strikes the ground.

Bruce took a brutal first blow, but will remain looking fresh, trailing behind Taffy somewhat in health. The Goomy is exhausted right off the bat, having expended massive amounts of energy, and will likely be wanting a break.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:53 PM   #7
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Whew! That did it, great work! Ok, time to play it a little safer. Use Acid Armor and get ready!
Old 08-08-2014, 09:28 PM   #8
Zelphon
Frigid Memer

Dear lord if all my rounds where reffed that beautifully I could wait a month and not bitch once. Well done that actually made my day.

Fake Out to stop that, then Ice Kick that thing into a tree & make sure it stays there by using another.

3 Confirmed.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:57 AM   #9
Connor
Who Knows?

Gingerly moving away from his opponent, the exhausted Taffy desperately gulps lungfuls of air, barely able to control his aching body. A soft chuckling rings true, and without warning, Bruce is looming over the small Goomy. A panicked cry later, and Taffy is abruptly stunned into silence, Bruce's right leg having come arcing round with an incredible amount of speed. Blinking rapidly, Taffy tries to process what has just happened, his blank stare wavering as he staggers. Narrowing his eyes with a triumphant glance, Bruce plants his right leg into the ground, before his flexible body twists in the air. Using his stationary leg as a pivot, the Hitmonlee brings his left leg soaring through the air, pulsing with a deep cyan energy, Taffy chokes out a cry as the attack connects with his body, sending him hurtling into a nearby tree. Groggily, he picks himself up, only to be meet with the deep cyan foot of Bruce, pinning him to the trunk of the tree amidst screeching cries of protestation.

Bruce reversed the status quo here, now taking the lead as Taffy drops beneath the midpoint. Bruce is the only looking pretty tired now though, while Taffy is almost entirely fresh.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:08 PM   #10
Zelphon
Frigid Memer

Now that it's been kind enough to stay put, Close Combat.

Old 08-09-2014, 12:27 PM   #11
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Oof! That was rough...but we're not out of this yet! Because i'm activating my own 3-Mover!

Here they come! Protect yourself from that attack! Once their assault subsides, wash them over with with a nasty Sludge Wave! Then shoot some Muddy Water at them and knock them down a few pegs further! Come on, Taffy, you can do it!
Old 08-09-2014, 09:26 PM   #12
Connor
Who Knows?

With Bruce looming over the shuddering body of Taffy, the Hitmonlee wears a haughty look in his eyes, clearly certain of his victory over his seemingly defenseless foe. As he slowly draws his body back, Bruce allows the muscles adorning his legs to abruptly stiffen, the already brutal limbs becoming much more apt at dealing vicious damage. Abandoning all semblance of a defensive stature, Bruce takes careful aim, before rushing forwards to deliver an almighty combination of punches and kicks. His fervent assault is met with a mighty resistance though, as a shimmering green barrier flickers into existence around Taffy. Try as he might, the unstoppable force of Bruce can do little to shift the pulsing green sphere, and as his attack winds down, the screen drops, allowing Taffy to capitalise.

Watching on as Bruce gingerly staggers backwards, his defences left in tatters after his exhausting blows, Taffy is emboldened. Allowing his body to inflate, the Goomy quickly becomes filled with an ungodly concoction of water and sludge, the vicious mixture sloshing around within his body. Bruce's eyes go wide as he comes to realise what is to pass, but he can do nothing to prevent the inevitable. Without warning, a gushing wave of murky water cruises from the mouth of Taffy, crashing over Bruce and knocking him from his feet. Left soaked and shuddering, Bruce can once again only watch on in horror as Taffy grows to twice his size, the sound of trickling water emanating from within the tiny Dragon- type. Thin streams of darkened, brown water gently ebb from the edges of Taffy's mouth, and the Goomy wears a wide grin as he finally unloads his stockade, a gushing blast of the muddied excretion crashing over the face of Bruce.

Both Pokemon are neck a neck in the health race once more, just beneath the midpoint. Taffy is looking pretty tired once again, and while Bruce didn't enjoy the greatest of breathers, he'll be good for two.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:49 PM   #13
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Whoa, I don't think I could ever sum up a round so beautifully...

You alright, my squishy buddy? But we gotta wear down the opponent as much as we can! Hit 'em with some Dragon Breath!
Old 08-09-2014, 11:19 PM   #14
Zelphon
Frigid Memer

Show it your fury with a Frustration & Mega Kick it through the tree!

Old 08-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #15
Connor
Who Knows?

His face twisting into a mask of pure fury, Bruce allows the muscles within his legs to tighten to the extreme. Aiming his extendable legs at his foe, he begins to fall into the furor of a rhythmic assault, right leg, left leg, right leg. As his determined violence begins to fade, Taffy is left grimacing, but the Goomy stands to fight back immediately. Turquoise mist begins to flood from within her mouth, faint orange sparks materialising within the faint excretion. With a resounding roar, a gusting blast engulfs Bruce, and while he is left with residual sparks leaping across his tinged brown skin, he seems to be miraculously free of any severe paralysis. His haughty huff escapes his body even as his right leg is drawn up, brimming with a dangerous white power. With a crashing roar, the foot comes hammering down into the body of Taffy, the gelatinous Dragon absorbing the impact somewhat but still left screaming in agony.

Bruce reestablished his lead this round, with Taffy looking pretty beaten up, but the Goomy will be fresh going into the next round, while Bruce is showing faint signs of tiring again already.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:30 PM   #16
Zelphon
Frigid Memer

Mega Kick, again if it fails.

Old 08-10-2014, 02:54 PM   #17
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Hang in there! We're not going down without fighting back! Drench them with more Muddy Water! Then blast them with Dragon Pulse too!
Old 08-10-2014, 09:42 PM   #18
Connor
Who Knows?

With the pair being in close proximity, Bruce immediately leaps forwards, losing the already small gap. Flexible leg coming roaring round, the Hitmonlee twists his body as he follows through with the full collision, his screeching whitened leg crashing into the body of Taffy with a rousing crack. Reeling to one side, Taffy uses her gelatinous body to stem the incoming assault somewhat, before once again allowing her mouth to flood with sickly water. Refusing to keep the foul concoction locked within herself, she opens her mouth wide, vomiting the disgusting spray with some force over the body of Bruce. Staggering backwards, insult is only added to injury as Taffy opens her mouth wide once more, hurriedly gathering verdant energies and spewing waves of the dissonant power over her assailant, leaving Bruce battered and bruised.

Bruce retains a slight lead with Taffy bordering critical now, and the Hitmonlee is refreshed. Taffy is good for two.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:56 PM   #19
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

I don't think we can last any longer, so lets give it all we got! Spout some more Dragon Breath, aim for their legs! Then one last Dragon Pulse! Go, go!!
Old 08-11-2014, 03:24 AM   #20
Zelphon
Frigid Memer

Give it two more Mega Kicks.

Old 08-11-2014, 10:54 AM   #21
Connor
Who Knows?

Taffy huddles away from her foe, the Goomy clearly becoming distressed by the onslaught of Bruce. Trembling, she begins to fill her mouth with wispy turquoise flames, small orange sparks permeating the air where the mist spills out. With a choking roar, she spews the flames over Bruce, but this does little to stop the advancing Hitmonlee. Raising his right leg, he stretches it as it begins to quiver with a burning white energy, and with a crashing blow, Taffy is finally ended.

Taffy is unable to battle! Trot Away, your next Pokemon please.

Bruce is right above critical himself now, and wasn't afforded much of a breather, barely good for two.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:32 AM   #22
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Oh no, we were so close! Aw, buck up, my friend. You were great out there! Come on, you could use a rest...As for my next pokemon...

Junior, let's do it! But a Fire pokemon in a forest...I'd better take extra care...

The opponent is pretty warn down...give them a good old one-two Double Kick! Oh, and Retaliate against your foe for hurting Taffy too!
Old 08-11-2014, 02:45 PM   #23
Zelphon
Frigid Memer

You've done well with your debut Bruce now go for a flailing Reversal

Old 08-11-2014, 08:11 PM   #24
Connor
Who Knows?

With Taffy having finally fallen, Junior is called into battle, the eager Fire- type bounding forwards through the trees. Locating his opponent, he issues a rousing howl, before darting forwards, his lithe motions causing Bruce to groan loudly. Just as Junior makes one final bound, twisting his body so as to position his hind legs nearer Bruce, the Hitmonlee makes his move. Junior makes to lash out with both his legs, but the determined Bruce rushes him, reversing the momentum of the incoming strike and sending Junior bowling away, the Growlithe complaining loudly as he is bundled into a nearby tree. Raising back to his feet, Junior issues a low growl, before allowing energy to flow through every muscle in his body. Rocketing forwards, he tackles Bruce with an intense force, and the Hitmonlee is bowled back, coming to a halt in a crumpled heap.

Bruce is unable to battle! Zelphon, your next Pokemon please.

Junior remains fresh but took a pretty stinging blow.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:59 AM   #25
Zelphon
Frigid Memer

Spunk let's go! Psychic to smash it into a tree and then Dynamic Punch it's head into the trunk.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL