single
Equilevel 1
Slapstick
24 Hr DQ
Switch=KO
River Arena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena Description
Forest Clearing - A basic Lawn arena with a forest encircling its edge. Wild Pokemon can be found in the forest, and will attack when threatened.
Hello, fellow trainers. I'm sure you two know the drill, but if you don't:
  • Trot Away chooses his squad.
  • MedMana chooses his squad and his first Pokemon.
  • Trot Away chooses his first Pokemon and orders.
  • MedMana orders.
  • I ref the round.

We're located in the Forest Clearing. Please do read the Arena Description, and develop a strategy best suited for the arena. Good luck and have fun!
Extroph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:35 PM   #2
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Alright, it's up! May the best trainer win. Introducing my squad.

Dazy - Spinda, Female, Level 1
Bio: Wheeee! This spunky, spontaneous, stupendously silly Spot Panda is comically crafty, crazy, and all around cuckoo! Dazy is...uh..a hard book to read. Be it having something silly to say, to dotting out a dizzying dance in her free time, she is always in a good mood teetering and toting about in her own little world. Gossiping pokemon say this is a facade to hide a greater potential. Others say a freak Musical accident sizzled her psyche and left her as she is now...But if you ask me, she just wants to have fun, and i'm sure we all will with her around!

Petunia - Stunky, Female, Level 1

Junior - Growlithe, Male, Level 1

Wire - Lileep, Male, Level 1
Bio: While exploring a beach, I found a Lileep washed up by the tide. I thought it was hurt, so I hurried over...Much to my discontent it was just taking a nap, way to freak me out, sheesh! Wire is pretty mellow, almost as chill as a Slowpoke. But don't mistake that attitude for laziness or carelessness, because the last person to sneak up on this Lileep (got) flipped out! He seems to be totally aware of everything around him, and this lax demeanor is just that. But to me it's charming, so I let him come with me.

Chillpaw - Cubchoo, Male, Level 1

Tilda - Murkrow, Female, Level 1

Note: These pokemon do NOT have signature abilities, it would be stated so if there were any.

Last edited by Trot Away; 08-06-2014 at 12:59 PM.
Trot Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:20 PM   #3
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Long time, no see, Floaty Feather! Let it be known that it was not easy to build a solid counter squad for you at all.

Medina, Lv. 2 female Marshtomp
HP: Fire

Magnera, Lv. 1 genderless Magnemite
HP: Water
Signature Attack: Smith's Cannon (Fire/Steel)
Spoiler: show
Magnera charges a large orb of heavy energy, half fire and half steel, and hurls it at the target for major damage with a 50% of causing a burn. The orb looks like a sphere of molten metal and travels at a speed somewhere between a Fire Blast and a Zap Cannon, making it fairly easy to avoid. The orb explodes on impact, however, causing a rain a fiery energy that deals minor damage to anything within five feet of the explosion, with a 10% chance of burning per pokemon damaged this way. Magnera can only use Smith's Cannon once per battle and can no longer use Sonicboom, Rollout, or Thunder.

Drak, Lv. 1 male Scraggy
HP: Ground

Kunsei, Lv. 1 male shiny Nidoran
HP: Flying
Signature Training: Avatar of Starlight
Spoiler: show
Kunsei's search for ways to utilize his shiny sparkly shininess to use in battle has resulted in him learning how to use Dazzling Gleam and Flash Cannon. He gains enough fairy-type energy to use Dazzling Gleam twice per battle and receives the usual boost to steel-type energy obtained by knowing more than one move of that type. Kunsei refuses to do anything that would dull his awesome sparkliness, and will not use Mud-Slap, Dig, or Rain Dance.

Finesse, Lv. 1 male Ralts
HP: Ground

Cherie, Lv. 1 female shiny Swirlix
HP: Ice

Medina, take 'em away! Good luck to Trots and thanks to Extroph for picking this up!
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:35 PM   #4
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

A Marshtomp! I'd better be careful, she looks particularly strong...let's see, who would be best against it...ok.

Wire, lets take things slow, yeah? Watch out for Ice attacks, though!

Alright, let's trot lightly here and hurl an Energy Ball their way! After that's over with, mellow them out with a Confuse Ray!
Old 08-06-2014, 08:24 PM   #5
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Dig beneath the ball and swing a Dynamic Punch before it can regain it's bearings!
Old 08-07-2014, 12:03 PM   #6
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Magikarp

ROUND 1

Sitting on nature's very own benches, a fallen log, the referee waits patiently along the edge of the forest clearing. Checking his watch ever so often, he looks at every direction to see at least some hint of a trainer coming his way. Finally, a young trainer stumbles out from the shrubbery to the right, nodding a friendly greeting to the referee. Soon after, another trainer appears on the opposite direction, Pokeball at hand, ready to battle already. The referee gets up from his comfortable position, wipes any grime that could have stuck on his behind, and prepares the battle.

"This will be a 3 versus 3! The challenger is Trot Away, and the acceptor is MedMana! Trainers, please send out your respective Pokemon!"

As if on cue, MedMana drops the Pokeball in front of him, revealing a cheerful Water Pokemon standing on its hind legs. The referee takes out his Pokedex and scans the Pokemon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokedex Entry: Marshtomp
Marshtomp, the Mud Fish Pokemon. Being a wet and slimy Pokémon, attacks involving grabs or holds are difficult to execute. It may also use its fin to detect things happening in the arena.
[Water]: Water Pokémon are able to hold their breath and/or breathe under water. The time varies, from about half an hour to one hour for reptilians and mammals, and indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are also, generally, good swimmers.
[Ground]: Ground Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 75% the normal damage from electric attacks. If a ground type is wet, electric attacks affect it normally (unless the Pokémon is naturally wet/slimy, like Quagsire).
Height: 2'3.6" | 0.7 m
Weight: 61.7 lb | 28.0 kg
Nodding at MedMana, the referee then faces Trot Away, who unveils his own Pokemon. A purple Grass type, standing taller than the Marshtomp. Its tendrils flow freely and gently, as if underwater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokedex Entry: Lileep
Lileep, the Sea Lily Pokemon. Lileep can stick to the ground to absorb nutrients. Lifting or trying to move this Pokémon will count as it having double weight. Lileep's Ingrain is more effective then normal. While it is capable of movement when not rooted down, it is quite slow, as it must hop around to get around. As a sea lily, its natural habitat is the ocean, allowing it to stay underwater indefinitely. It is capable of seeing in the dark.
[Grass]: Grass types live anywhere that can support vegetation, though most prefer temperate to tropical climates. Grass types enjoy both bright sun and rain. Rainstorms will heal them slightly every round the rain falls.
[Rock]: Rock types generally have hard bodies, which makes them resistant to unskilled (non-fighting) blows. However, most are so heavy that they will sink in water, so they stay away from deep-water sources if possible. Rock types prefer heat to cold.
Height: 3'3.4" | 1.0 m
Weight: 52.5 lb | 23.8 kg
"And with that, let's begin!"

The two trainers send forth their orders as fast as they could, and the two Pokemon heed them respectfully. The Lileep's gentle-flowing tentacles transform into functional appendages that work simultaneously to form a ball of grass energy. On the other side of the arena, Marshtomp digs rapidly at the ground, displacing soil and grass in the process. Just as she was almost out of range for the Lileep's attack, Wire unleashes the Energy Ball, striking Medina's tail and hind legs and exploding on impact. The winds that erupt from the ball strike some of Medina's body for reduced damage. Medina didn't stop on her digging however, and is now nowhere in sight. The fossil Pokemon looks around in front of him, wondering where his opponent went, when Medina suddenly strikes from underneath, tossing the him to the side and disorienting his senses. Just as he recovered his footing, he sees Medina rush forward with a glowing fist, and it connects to his face, exploding on impact. Due to Lileep's tendency to stick to the ground, the explosion only sent back the face, much like a punching bag, before recovering into the same exact position. Wire sends forth a beam of ghost energy, confusing the Marshtomp as the round comes to a close.

"Medina took a nasty hit this round, but is leading in health compared to Wire. She also used slightly less energy, but is now confused. Fighting can still provide one Dynamic Punch's worth of energy. Wire's Ghost energy is still plentiful. Both sides seem to still be fresh, but be wary! They're approaching the edge of the forest clearing, which is now only a few feet to their left. Wild Pokemon reside there, and may attack if they feel threatened."

Last edited by Extroph; 08-07-2014 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:36 PM   #7
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Shoot, marshtomp's only anti-confusion option is getting hit.

Um, DC Earthquake and Water Pulse?
Old 08-07-2014, 06:12 PM   #8
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

The forest pokemon won't like that...but let's not fret just yet...let's make it a Sunny Day while they're still out of it...Then maybe a Solar Beam oughta knock them to their senses!
Old 08-07-2014, 10:09 PM   #9
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Magikarp

ROUND 2

Medina sways lazily back and forth, much like a metronome. She stares blankly in front of her, amused at the three Lileeps in front of her. Hearing her trainer's orders faintly, she shifts into motion. She heads toward one of the Lileeps to smash an Earthquake directly onto the opponent. Picking one of the three Lileeps, she hopes for the best and stomps forward... only to find that Lileep wasn't really in front of her! The Earthquake makes contact with the ground, sending shockwaves all throughout the forest. Wire squeals at the shockwave that erupted right next to her, but both stood at a standstill as the shockwaves shook the trees and shrubs of the forest next to them. The standstill is interrupted by a flock of Taillows that fly out from the trees, and soon a group of Bellsprouts that yell in unison from the sudden shaking. One Bellsprout took it to himself to punish the source of all the ruckus, sending forth a couple of Bullet Seeds toward the Marshtomp. Although Medina took quite some damage, she's finally out of her confusion. At this time, Wire has already began summoning the sun's power through vigorous dance. Panicking, Medina sends a pulse of Water energy toward the dancing Lileep. Medina's efforts were fruitless though, as the sun's scorching presence could be felt at this point. Wire, now able to harness the sun's light, quickly charges a Solarbeam, and sends it toward the Marshtomp, pushing Medina back a few feet. After the strike, Medina is left on her knees, wincing at all the punishment she's received this round.

"Medina took a lot of damage this round, and she has dipped into her final third of health already! She doesn't need a break though. Wire, however, may need a break, but it's not really that bad if he doesn't. His health is higher than Medina's at this point."
Old 08-08-2014, 04:48 AM   #10
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Yahoo! Things are looking bright today, literally! Alright, lets finish them off with another quick Solar Beam! Hit 'em with a Seed Bomb if need be too!
Old 08-08-2014, 08:24 PM   #11
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

This match may have just been decided by a bellsprout... Anyone got a hoothoot?

Dig behind them while they charge the beam, then hit them with Two Simultaneous Iron Tails! Anatomy exploiting three-mover confirmed.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:01 PM   #12
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Magikarp

ROUND 3

The round starts in the same pattern as the first round. Medina shovels away lumps of soil as she proceeds underground, but Wire would not have any of it. With one quick charge of sunlight, Wire shoots a bright beam of Grass energy, engulfing the Marshtomp's half-concealed body for reduced yet painful damage. It looks like Medina survived the attack, and is now deep underground! Wire, hoping to finish the opponent off, looks around on the floor for any traces of the enemy. However, he is again caught off guard, and is thrown a few feet away once more. As he lands, Marshtomp's steel coated tail slams onto him, forcing out a squeal. As Medina prepares for one final Iron Tail, Wire was able to sneak out a large seed and sends it forward with great speed, exploding upon impact. As the smoke clears from the explosion, it is clear that Medina is unable to continue.

Medina is unable to battle! MedMana, please send out your next Pokemon!

Wire is panting and is now sluggish due to the large amount of energy used in the past two rounds. I suggest he takes a break the next round.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:49 PM   #13
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

And now I will ask what the heck is up with solarbeam, followed up with sending out Magnera.

Keep your distance from both the ancient and the earth while launching a Magnet Bomb and firing a Mirror Shot!
Old 08-11-2014, 03:59 PM   #14
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Whew, we took them down! But here come their next pokemon, and it's a Magnemite...uh oh...

How am I going to get around this one...I know! Disrupt its magnetic field with Earth Power!
Old 08-11-2014, 05:05 PM   #15
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Magikarp

ROUND 4

MedMana looks down, his glum expression giving away his concern toward Medina. Pointing a Pokeball outward, Medina recalls the fallen comrade. The Marshtomp reduces to nothing but a red glow that is then absorbed inside the contraption. In replacement, MedMana throws yet another Pokeball in the air, releasing a buzzing Magnemite by the name of Magnera. It stares analytically at the Fossil Pokemon, and heeds its trainer's warning by staying at a safe distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokedex Entry: Magnemite
Magnemite, the Magnet Pokemon. Magnemite moves using antigravity propulsion. While this limits its speed and "flight ceiling" (how high it can float over the ground), this allows it to perform amazing aerial evasive maneuvers that cannot be performed by any other flier. Being inorganic, Magnemite cannot be affected by Poison in any way, unlike other Steel types who could be affected if the Poison is ingested internally.
[Electric]: Electric types, in general, prefer areas where their electric attacks are most accurate. Thus, while hot temperatures donft bother them, the fact that heat refracts electricity doesnft appeal to them.
[Steel]: Steel types, like rock types, have hard bodies, making them resistant to unskilled physical blows, and sink in water. While not bothered by water to the degree rock types are, they still would rather fight out of the water. Unlike rock types, most steel Pokémon prefer cold temperatures to hot ones.
Height: 0'11.8" | 0.3 m
Weight: 13.2 lb | 6.0 kg
As soon as the Pokedex ended its monotonous description, the two Pokemon began their assault against each other. Reciting their orders, both MedMana and Trot Away hope to inflict as much damage as they can in this one round.

Magnera buzzes frantically, waving its magnetic arms around to gather Steel energy. Soon, a heavy steel ball appeared in front of it, made completely of steel energy. Magnera releases the shifting sphere, and it doesn't take long for it to find its target. Wire could not do anything but brace for impact as the ball collides with his rocky body. The sphere groans a loud noise upon impact, and it drowns out the sound of Wire yelping. Reorienting himself, Wire, unleashes Ground energy on the ground, glowing a faint hue as it travels from one end of the clearing to the other, before finally exploding right underneath Magnera. The Ground energy spikes upward to form a pillar, engulfing the Magnemite completely and dealing out super effective damage. As the pillar fades, Magnera comes into view once more, and it is seen charging yet another attack. With one release, the Steel projectile approaches the Lileep once more. The projectile catches the bright sun's reflection, blinding Wire with a bright flash of light. In a split second, the projectile reaches Wire, exploding like the first attack. At the end of the round, the damage caused by Magnera is as clear as the day, but it seems that Wire isn't out of the game yet.

Both sides took plenty of super effective damage, but Wire has dipped right into critical health. Both are good for two movers.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:22 PM   #16
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Gyouch!! Ok, let's go out making a difference. Set up a Barrier first, and then let loose one last Earth Power!
Old 08-11-2014, 05:59 PM   #17
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Geez, how high does Earth Power go? Whelp, guess I'll go with this then.

Make a loud Metal Sound, preferably heavy metal, then use Mirror Shot if it fails to it's barrier up! If it does suceed in building the thing, then use Natural Gift to get around it!
Old 08-12-2014, 10:37 PM   #18
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Magikarp

ROUND 5

Wire groans as the next batch of order comes around. His mind is yearning to do as his master tells him, but his body is too battered to move. He tries to gather Psychic energy, straining every inch of his body in the process. Then, he hears it.

It starts out as a low ringing, and it slowly progresses into an unbearable noise; the noise that would make you grind your teeth. Wire could not help but be pushed into a mad frenzy, his tendrils swaying violently as if it would make the noise stop. After a few seconds, the noise comes to a complete halt, but Wire is still shrilling and dancing frenetically. His body was filled to the brim by that noise, engulfed in a sea of metallic noises. Grinding of gears, the piercing noise of a sword being sharpened, the groaning of a rusty metal part. And then came the flash. It was a flash of bright light, heading straight for Wire, causing the Fossil to squint. He was blinded and deafened, and there was nothing he could do but close his eyes and hope for peace...

The Mirror Shot slams at the Lileep, pushing it back. Falling over, it was clear that Wire could no longer continue.

Wire is unable to battle! Trot Away, your next Pokemon please.

"Magnera received no damage, and used up a fair amount of energy. He might need a break soon, but he can still chug out a two-mover the next round."

Last edited by Extroph; 08-13-2014 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:09 PM   #19
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Well shoot! Don't fret, Wire. you held out the best you could, but lets chill out for a while, yeah? Alright, it's time for my next pal to show 'em what we can do!

Junior, let's melt that magnet! But stay away from the deep forest...the clearing is fair game, though.

Alright, use Double Team and surround them from all sides...let's turn up the heat, use Fire Spin and ensnare them in flames, the bright sun should help...!
Old 08-13-2014, 07:23 PM   #20
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Used a fair bit of health" I don't recall using a substitute...

Saw that coming, though there isn't a whole lot we can do aside from screw up their game plan. Rain Dance along with his a-ziggin' an' a-zaggin', then give off the largest Explosion possible.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:34 PM   #21
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

(Just bumping this up for Extroph)
Old 08-15-2014, 05:32 PM   #22
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Magikarp

ROUND 6...

Returning the fallen Lileep, Trot Away calls out an exuberant Growlithe. As soon as his paws touched the loamy grass, he turns and yelps at his trainer, tongue spilling out. After giving Junior a chest rub, Trot Away points to the enemy, signaling that playtime can wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokedex Entry: Growlithe
Growlithe, the Puppy Pokemon. Arcanines and Growlithes are extremely loyal and brave. They are more likely to follow orders of their trainers, even if they consider such orders questionable. They are also more resistant to fear-inducing effects. Finally, their hearing is more sensitive than normal, at the expense of being more vulnerable to sound attacks.
[Fire]: Fire types love hot temperatures. Most can survive in hot liquids/molten lava for an extended period of time (indefinitely in the case of Magby, Magmar, Slugma and Magcargo). If a fire Pokémon has a flame somewhere on its body, it will take extra damage if a water attack hits the flame. Otherwise, fire Pokémon are not adversely affected by taking dips in bodies of water, so long as the time is short (except for the above 4 Pokémon, who will take damage the longer they are in the water). Instead of being automatically 2x weak to Water, they take 150% of the damage if hit on their bodies, but take 210+% if hit on open flames.
Height: 2'3.6" | 0.7 m
Weight: 41.9 lb | 19.0 kg
Junior faces the magnet Pokemon with unbelievable pride. Chest pushed forward, tail wagging slow and low, mouth curled up in a scowl. His growl could be heard faintly, yet the inorganic Magnemite didn't react. Then, the puppy howled, his youthful voice resonating throughout the forest. He is soon joined by another howl, and then another, and another. Soon Magnera was surrounded by a chorus of Growlithes, but it was ready for the Double Team. While Junior was replicating himself, Magnera summoned the rain using a carefully executed algorithm straight out the Pokephysics textbook. The drops of rain were slow yet the weather's presence is clear. Ignoring the approaching heavy rain, Growlithe barks, unleashing a swirl of fire that spins around the Magnera. Buzzing and groaning inside, it was clear that Magnera could still feel the intensity of the heat regardless of the rain. Then, the struggling inside stopped. For a split-second, silence echoed throughout the forest. Then...

An explosion.

The explosion started as a gust of wind paired up with a flash of bright light, which spread violently in a circle. The Fire Spin was extinguished easily as the light started to spread. All throughout the forest, footsteps of fleeing Pokemon shook the ground while squawking of escaping birds rang everyone's ears. Junior was caught unaware as the gust pushed him back, destroying his clones in the process. Soon he was engulfed within the light of the explosion...

The round ends as the explosion dies out, unveiling a Magnera that was dancing in stupor. Junior struggles to get up, and it seems that both Pokemon were damaged heavily. As Junior gets up on all fours, the rain begins to increase its intensity.

Magnera is EXHAUSTED from all that energy use. In fact, it's struggling to stay conscious. It is losing the health race at this point, but that doesn't mean that Junior was unaffected. Junior lost a lot of health and is approaching his two-thirds mark already. He did not use that much energy, however, and is good for two for the next round.

Oh yeah, wild Pokemon around the vicinity are gone for a couple of rounds. They fled the explosion and will take a while to return.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:30 AM   #23
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Aaaand I was not expecting to survive that at all. Um, Thunderbolt. Extra damage would be nice.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:28 AM   #24
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Ow...ouch...and DOUBLE OWCH! Didn't expect them to do THAT...Junior, are you alright? Yuck, now it's raining too...another Sunny Day should solve the first problem...Strike them down with a Heat Wave while they are still recuperating!
Old 08-18-2014, 06:19 PM   #25
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Magikarp

ROUND 7
(Hello guys! Had first day of senior year this morning! Thanks for being patient!)

Magnera aims around thoughtlessly, its beaten and bent body shining due to the downpour of rain. It still is trying to recuperate from the hefty move it pulled off just now, causing it to be very lethargic in its movement. Junior, having recovered from the attack, leaps into action, With his jaws clenched, energy gathers inside, some light escaping between his teeth. With great finesse, Junior points his head upward as if to howl, and opens his mouth. A light beam escapes from inside, reaching the sky with great speed and ferocity. Just when the light beam was out of sight, it touches the rain clouds up above, releasing a pale shockwave that instantly clears the skies. Junior barks playfully as he shakes his fur goodbye to the uncomfortable rain. Magnera, having rested slightly, now charges its attack, flailing its magnets around to gather an extensive amount of electric energy. The electricity flows toward the magnet tips and into its own body, before being released from its eye area. The electricity strikes forward, crackling and screeching as it does so. Junior, having been looking up this whole time, now looks straight ahead and sees the Thunderbolt, but could not react quick enough as he is struck dead on the chest, knocking him back. The harm caused by Magnera only angers Junior even more, as he prepares his counterattack. Using the appearing sun's power, he blasts a powerful wave of fire energy, greatly increasing the temperature around the clearing. Magnera could only squeal in agony as the Heat Wave singes his metallic body. Magnera falters as the sun begins to reappear from behind the vanishing rain clouds.

"Magnera took a lot of damage this round, and has now reached his final third of health. He's still exhausted from the Explosion but not as much as this round. Junior took some damage but nothing to worry about as of now. He has now reached the two-thirds mark in health. Still good for a two-mover, though he wouldn't mind a break."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Archived > PASBL