UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 08-21-2014, 05:02 PM   #51
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Though I don't like it, I'm gonna have to go with the LO on this one. Hopefully Ghost-types will get nerfed soon.

Carry on, Cibbir.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:08 PM   #52
Connor
Who Knows?

Yeah no I'm sorry I'm taking this to S/I because in all honesty I do not see how shifting back to Solid does not count as a shift. It is changing state. That is literally a shift. By definition.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:03 AM   #53
Connor
Who Knows?

Alright given the ruling in S/I is being contested and seems unlikely to change anytime soon, let's just get this moving again.

Uri, into touch. Snarl him into submission, before a Thunderbolt.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:24 AM   #54
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
"A quick Protect to block the Snarl, then flash him with Confuse Ray."
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:15 AM   #55
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Round 9: 3spoopy5u

Right so I went over the rounds before and after noticing things like double shadow punch and Round 7 involving two idle shifts I went over the calcs again. Since in Charm's reffing in Round 7, Shadow Punch was used in the ethereal state and he shifted to solid after as a second idle shift, Connor's HB got the ethereal boost. However! I don't see any indication Charm took Dusknoir's SC in effect. This leaves Slim just going into his final third.

Also a note Charm for if you see this: Just because Dave is an LO does not mean you should immediately accept what he says. There is a reason LO v LO battles generally involve a LO ref.

Recalling his fallen Pokemon back into his Pokeball, complaining about a ruling that quite frankly is a load of bullshit and a complete subversion of state change rules but whatever, and he grabs another Pokeball, sending out Yuri, the Luxray. A magnificent breed of Pokemon, will he be able to defeat the spoopy ghost?

Quote:
Luxray (Electric): Luxray's hearing is more sensitive than normal, at the expense of making it more vulnerable to sound attacks.
This SC makes me cry on the inside. Starting off quickly, Uri takes a small breath in before giving out a loud snarl, this snarl being packed with dark energy and is meant to incite fear into the opponent. Slim tries to put up a protective barrier in time but he can't, as his opponent is much fresher than he is and Snarl is a pretty quick attack. The waves of dark energy wash over Slim and he finds himself hesitant to fight back against the Luxray, after all, its a pretty intimidating Pokemon. Flinching backwards a bit, Luxray continues his assault by crackling with electricity, before firing it out of him in two large bolts, which crispify Slim and brings him back to his senses. His eyes flash a bright blue color before suddenly a bright flash of light muddles the mind of his opponent.

I don't think I was very enthused by this reffing.

Condition:
Slim has take a couple of large hits and probably only has another round left in him. Energy use was small and he'll be refreshed going into next round. Luxray took no damage but he's confused.

Quote:
Zelphon - Today at 5:29 AM
If the current political climate has taught me anything
It's that a purge via gay witches may very well be necessary
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:05 AM   #56
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"Direct Earthquake into a Fire Punch."
Old 09-11-2014, 10:09 AM   #57
Connor
Who Knows?

Crunch down at earliest opportunity. If he is inexplicably still kicking, Shock Wave.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:53 AM   #58
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Round 10: SPOOPINESS HAS REACHED CRITICAL LEVELS. SHUT DOWN TO AVOID MELTDOWN.

Two battlers have come and battled on this majestic stage...well, let's be honest, it was actually three Pokemon, but one of them is already down. On one side we have the amazingly spoopy Slim (to which I wonder in two-fold how he is not named Death and how to do Small-caps), who I might just call Specter in reference to Ghostrick Specter. Ladies and Gentlemen, your Swampy-approved YGO reference! On the other side is Yuri, the lesbian I mean Uri, the Luxray.

Enough with the flavor, time to get with the reffing itself. Seeing as his opponent is mightily confused form his last attack, Slim makes sure he takes the next round to really show his opponent how to deal damage. He draws his fist backwards, causing an earthy glow to form on it, reminiscent of things such as clay or dirt. He is tapping into the power of the earth to deal damage, and he quickly breaches the distance between them, mostly because one of them is really confused and so it happened like that. He slams his fist into Uri, causing a loud screech of pain as the lion is shot backwards, putting a few feet between them as he lands on the ground, slowly getting up after that powerful, and more importantly unexpected, attack. He quickly is able to recover, however, and charges at his foe, looking to crunch down on them and hopefully finish them off. The attack is actually successful, as Slim is unable to change to ethereal quick enough due to their proximity and Uri's freshness advantage. While he does change into ethereal, the damage he sustained is just enough to KO him.

Slim is unable to battle!

Condition:
Uri took a large hit, but is still somewhat fresh and raring to go. Dark is close to finished.

Quote:
Old 09-23-2014, 10:57 AM   #59
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Dammit Dave you know you need to do things.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2014, 11:58 AM   #60
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

*wonders if anyone even remembers this match exists*

Quote:
Old 10-18-2014, 12:16 PM   #61
Connor
Who Knows?

Well no I'm fully aware but it's in a purchased slot for me so.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:28 AM   #62
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"Return Slim, great work.

Jack, to arms.

Quote:
Jack: Male Shiny Gallade
Gallade: (Psychic/Fighting) - Gallade is able to extend its arms and elbows. Its arms are also very sharp, and cutting attacks do slightly more damage.
Psychics are considered to automatically be familiar with psychic abilities. Thus, they can use Psychic to move and toss Pokémon. If facing a non-Bug, non-Dark opponent, Psychics can sense their opponent somewhat, making accuracy reducing attacks less effective.
Fighting Pokémon train extensively, more than any other Pokémon type, which gives them slightly greater endurance and energy.
Bio: When the demon known as Aku arrived in the world and began to extend his influence across the land, there were many pockets of resistance. Spearheading this campaign was the Gallade chieftain of the neighbouring land, who received guidance from the three deities who defeated the original ancient evil that was the origin of Aku. Through strategy and cunning, the chieftain was able to defeat the demon, sealing him away and leading to a time of peace, restoring the land to its former glory and allowing the battle-weary army to settle down and raise their families.
However, after a few years of peace, Aku was freed from his defeat, allowing him to rampage across the land once more, capturing the chief who had defeated him. The noble was able to send his young son, a rare blue Ralts, away with his wife into hiding. The Gardevoir was able to guard her child well, sending him across the globe to receive training that would allow him to return and vanquish Aku once again. After many years studying with many different martial arts masters, the Ralts, now a proud blue Gallade, returned to his mother, who had hidden in a temple. There, the monks were able to pray to the gods who had helped before, who bestowed their power upon the young Gallade, infusing their energy into his armblades, power usually held by Pokémon of Legend.
With his training complete and his new weapon in hand, the warrior set off to avenge his father, engaging Aku in mortal combat. The shapeshifter held his own, but in the end was outmatched by the righteous young samurai, who was about to deliver the final strike with his new attack. However, the demon was able to trick his adversary one more time, sending him through a timewarp into the future, so that he could deal with him later. Emerging in the present, the Gallade adopted the moniker 'Jack' from some slang used by local youths before happening upon my squad. Seeking our help, we assisted him in defeating Aku, capturing the demonic Ditto while also acquiring Jack voluntarily, the Gallade wishing to stick around to keep an eye on Aku. Since then, he's seen plenty of battles of his own, using his unique attack to its fullest, notably helping me capture my Regice, Dorfl, during which battle he acquired a nasty superficial scar to the area around his right eye.

Special Training - Three Heavenly Kings:
Jack has gained access to Sacred Sword, and is able to use it twice per match.
Hidden Power: Water
"Stay at range for now, Psyshock into Hyper Voice. If he comes close, replace the latter with Psycho Cut."
Old 10-23-2014, 11:42 AM   #63
Connor
Who Knows?

Well I mean nothing I have can actually be considered in even in a neutral match up here so we'll go for the closest thing.

Light Screen after Psyshock, before Volt Switch into Sangeyama.
Old 10-25-2014, 01:31 AM   #64
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Round 11: In which I am reminded that I need to watch Samurai Jack again.

No seriously, I have so many different shows that I want to watch its nuts. To the reffing however. Recalling his fallen ally, Slim, Dave confidently picks another Pokemon from his entourage, and this is a Pokemon pretty much anyone should recognize, this being the one that barely won against Regice. It's Jack, the once female Gallade, and this is looking like a pretty neutral match-up all things said. Can Connor win this? Who knows, but it is entirely possible.

Starting off the round, Jack concentrates his Psychic energy into his noggin, looking to create a powerful attack that will wipe his opponent right off the floor. Well it just might, but who knows? His body begins to glow a bright pink color, but not the color of fairy moves I might add, before he opens his eyes and blasts out a bright pink wave of energy. This wave doesn't look like the normal Psychic wave, and that's because it isn't; it affects matter in a more solid way, if that is supposed to make any sort of sense. But I mean, I guess the idea that eldritch abominations exist in alternate dimensions doesn't warp my head completely so okay. The wave of energy slams into the Luxray, causing him to cry out in pain, but he knows that sometimes you have to give a little to take a little from your opponent. He creates a brilliant screen of light in front of him, this screen being built out of the same kind of energy as his opponent's attack, and deliberately made to be able to easily take special attacks. The bright yellow screen doesn't seem like a problem to his opponent. After all, didn't he come from a line of special attackers? Of course he did, an obstacle like this was nothing to him. He takes in a deep breath, before yelling out a loud yell, this loud yell reverberating throughout the arena and its making my ears hurt. Luxray doesn't seem as fazed by it as I do, especially since hte bright band of energy that comes out of Jack's mouth slams into the screen and dissipates harmlessly off of it. The screen however takes a beating, and forms a massive crack in the middle of it, so it won't be able to take too much more without breaking. Looking to turn this into a better situation, Uri begins to crackle with electricity as his body goes into overdrive, before he moves the screen deftly out of the way for just a second before shooting out a ball of energy, which hits his opponent head on. It doesn't deal a lot of damage, but it does allow him to return to his Pokeball. Putting it back on his belt, he sends out another Pokemon in its stead, releasing a Donphan by the name of I'm-not-fucking-spelling-that.

Condition:
Minor damage for Jack, Uri used quite a bit of energy but is back in the ball.

Quote:
Old 10-25-2014, 09:10 AM   #65
Connor
Who Knows?

Hyper Voice, and then stick Heavy Slam through him.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:42 AM   #66
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"Take the Hyper Voice, then let him ram into a Reflect wall. Cut him up with Leaf Blade after."
Old 11-03-2014, 04:37 AM   #67
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Round 12: I really need to get Yeula.

Each Pokemon is primed and ready for battle, and Donphan is the first one to move, taking in a deep breath as he prepares his lungs for a powerful attack. Energy builds up inside of him, filling his lungs until they are ready to burst, before he bellows out a mighty loud yell, and a ring of energy rides the sound waves, bursting for its target. Jack doesn't care about his opponent's screaming machinations, or about the ring of energy shooting wildly towards him, and just takes the ring as it slams into him, doing some damage but not doing much to stagger him in any way. He simply smiles coyly at his opponent, like a battle signal. Come at me bro. Wanting to continue piling on damage while his opponent is just standing there, he charges forwards, plodding along the ground while hid body becomes covered in a thin sheen of energy roughly similar to metal. No wanting to take the hit though, he creates a transparent wall of energy in front of him, this one being able to easily take physical attacks like they were nothing. Already charging, the Donphan slams into the pane of glass and rebounds off of it, wondering what in the world he hit before he realizes that he managed to hit a reflect pane, and grunt in annoyance. Jack, seeing his opportunity, races across the arena with his arms bared, his sword-elbows extending as he jumps into the air, grass energy filling his blade, before he comes down and slashes his opponent with the all the power of a leaf's blade, causing a roar of pain from the ground type.

Condition:
Large damage to Donphan, while Jack took a decent hit. Jack isn't quite tired thanks to his Fighting SC.

Quote:
Old 11-06-2014, 11:27 AM   #68
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"Quickly Sacred Sword to the same area, then just stay wary and dodge things if you can."
Old 11-06-2014, 11:29 AM   #69
Connor
Who Knows?

Hyper Voice through the remaining Reflect, then Play Rough.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:42 PM   #70
Jerichi
本✚能

So I think I'm reffing this! Yay!

From what I understand, Dave has a Dusknoir KO'd and has a Gallade (Jack) out, who is a good bit under fresh and feeling generally peppy though he's less than fresh. Connor has an Archeops KO'd and has a Donphan (Sangeyama) who is pretty under fresh with energy and lagging a little bit in health. He also has a Luxray (Uri) who has been knocked down around the end of the first third and is pushing back up to it in energy in his ball.

Correct?
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:56 PM   #71
Connor
Who Knows?

Sounds about right from my guesstimation abilities.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:04 PM   #72
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Agreed, cheers Jerbear.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:21 PM   #73
Jerichi
本✚能

Round Thirteen
Koi: So after having this match passed off, it has been passed off again into the rusty yet capable hands of Jerichi Reffing Services. Let's get this train wreck a-rollin' once more!

Koi: Desiring to keep his momentum high, Jack starts off the round by following up on his last attack, creating a Sacred Sword in what I assume is his arm (since I really doubt he's going to be attacking by using his little gladiator crest) and lunging towards Sangeyama to deliver a blow to the Donphan's side. The elephant, however, feeling relatively peppy, is able to shift out of the way of the hit somewhat, enough to launch a screeching Hyper Voice as the move connects. The soundwaves smash through the remainder of the Reflect, throwing back Jack before he has a chance to react, but not soon enough to prevent his follow through. Both parties find themselves pushed back, putting a little bit of distance between them. Jack looks warily at his foe, but suddenly Sangeyama takes on a rather jocular demeanor. Glowing lightly pink, he begins to bounce around and Play Rough, catching the Gallade off guard as he smacks him around with jabs from his trunk and tusks. With Jack's guard down, he's able to land a number of quick blows, before a final swing of his trunk causes Jack to skid back, feeling a little bit beaten and not totally sure how...

At the end of the round...

Pupurin: A good round for Sangeyama brings him in the lead as he manages to push Jack down past him, hovering somewhere between full and half. However, this also put him down in the energy field a little bit, around where Jack is, and is starting to feel a little bit tired, whereas Jack is looking quite peppy and ready to rumble.
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:59 PM   #74
Connor
Who Knows?

Crack a Magic Rock Tomb around him.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:34 PM   #75
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

I am entirely unsure how a Donphan partially dodged a physical attack while focusing on its own moves but ok then...

"Teleport up to one of the walkways, then blow down an Icy Wind."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL